Speaker 1: It's the pick up. Britt, Laura and Mitch. We're here for your afternoon or thanks to chemists warehouse today running great savings every day. Now, ladies, I'm a gen z I identify with being a gen Zetta. What's your what's your day to birth?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What year were you born?
Speaker 1: I'm ninety five, so I'm right on the cuffs. But I do feel more gen z than I do gen X.
Speaker 3: You and me, Brittany Huckley, we are millennials, which.
Speaker 1: Still sounds young, does it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Millennial That's exactly what I'm doing here today. I'm gonna quiz you girls. I love a quiz. You know I love a quiz. These are the top dating trends used by gen zas. I'm not going to know any of these. Now, I think you'll be fine. You guys host a love and dating podcast, Live Fun Cut. You should be good of this.
Speaker 2: I've been on the dating scene on and off for ten years, so hopefully I've either know them experienced them.
Speaker 3: You probably do them, but you may not know the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, hit us, All right, what about this first one? What would you say? Vulturing? Is vulturing eating them? Alife?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Vulturing. I mean, guess, Laura Bevin, Okay, it's a bird of prey. That's what a vulture is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you only eat them when they're dead.
Speaker 1: You're only date dead people. Why do I feel like this is wrong? Covering on the edges of a dying relationship?
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping you'll clean up the scraps.
Speaker 2: That slow claps A very good definition of that.
Speaker 1: Next one, what about outsourcing? What would you say outsourcing is?
Speaker 2: I would say you are going to friends of friends of friends. Maybe there's some group chats and just saying does anyone know anyone?
Speaker 3: I was going to say, maybe you've gone on a blind date, like your friend has set you up on a date with someone, and that's outsourcing the dating game.
Speaker 1: You're not far off wrong, though. Outsourcing is when you get your friends to take control of your dating apps and profiles because either they think that friends will be wittier and make better decisions on your behalf, or because you're just lazy you want someone else to do it for you.
Speaker 2: I do that for my friends. I've written so many my friend's profiles.
Speaker 1: You're a vulturing outsource of That's what and what we would have add cookie jarring. If you said, God, I've been cookie jarring this guy all week.
Speaker 3: Cookie jarring a guy, I'm going to say, you're keeping them on hold, like you just they're just resting there and you're going to maybe tend to them later. But they're just sitting there.
Speaker 1: They're out of reach a little bit, and you're stringing them along.
Speaker 2: I think you just keep going back for more and more.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what I do with a cookie. Oh you know what bricks your long law? You kind of got it. Cookie jarring is when you date someone but you maintain contact with potential alternatives or fallbacks while you're doing it. That's just dating cookie jar because you got your hand in the cookie jar.
Speaker 3: Oh but you're still eating everything else is saying finger in all pies?
Speaker 1: Well, that could be something very different. Okay, one, what about water parking with a slippery pay?
Speaker 3: Why jelly in a relationship? When you when you slide on out of one relationship into the.
Speaker 2: Next, that's a pretty good one. Or when you go down the big spinny thing as a turbulent relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, water parking is when you sweat heaps on your first date. And I made it mystery doesn't exist. Hey, up next, actually quite upsetting for you and I, Laura, because Brittany Hockey has been accused of theft.
Speaker 2: Oh not surprised at a stretch. It's borrowing and not returning.
Speaker 1: Your neighbor has confronted you in the parking lot of your building and this is legit. Yeah, that's not even a joke. I wish that was a joke. We'll talk about it next here at the pickup