Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: There's a thing called nominative determinism, which is the theory that our names can influence directly the jobs we lend up choosing. If you never heard of it, it really does exist. We've turned into a weekly feature called what's your Name Again?
Speaker 3: I used to have.
Speaker 1: A JP called Dr Payne. I really am Peter Chippy from a long line of carpenter's too.
Speaker 3: My father in law's optometrist is called Doctor Sebright.
Speaker 1: My son's woodwork teacher mister Wood. My old dentist as a child, his name was Dr Bora. Many years ago.
Speaker 4: I was in the Imma Reserve, and I always knew we're gonna have problems when we went at Bush because we had a major.
Speaker 1: War nine four one four one O four three. Let's get it to yours.
Speaker 4: Do you have a job to sound just like your name? Like a weather man whose name is Rain or Regatta a Korda last Bush. It's called nominative determinism. It's your job just like your name. What's your name again? What's your name again?
Speaker 3: Hey, Christian, this is Kerry. I wanted to let you know about my ex boss who was Dutch an assirement and his name no kidding was burned pol b e r indeed poll pol.
Speaker 1: Some of these are light punchlines. They'ppently the believable No. Four one four one O four three.
Speaker 2: Good morning Lisa, Lisa, Hello, Hello Lisa, Hi.
Speaker 4: Greetings from Dubais of Dubai.
Speaker 3: We are in the United Arab Remorates of Dubai.
Speaker 1: But my son has been dying to get on the show to talk to you about his first grade teacher.
Speaker 3: Joseph. What's her name?
Speaker 1: Miss kids? Miss kids?
Speaker 3: Miss kids? But he's a school teacher and her name is miss kids.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Terms? Of course she's going to teach kids? And what is it Joseph? Your some yep? Ye, yeah, yep. And how old are you Joseph seven seven?
Speaker 2: What a great age? And do you listen to a show every day? Joseph yes, and he does sound very happy about that. Well, we'll send you some stuff to thank you for listening to us and calling the show.
Speaker 4: Oh what are you saying? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for giving us a call and being so great on the show today.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Joseph, Thank you. Thanks guys, Lisa, thank you very much for listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye bye bye bye bye. He's like the Eurovision now is it. We're going to run over the world. Hello, Luxembourg. We'll send the prizes when they get back to Australia as well.
Speaker 2: They really want We'll brought us alone from car park tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He's not joking, Jess, come on him. Good morning, Jess. What's your nominative determinism?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I know I'm a gastrow doctor named doctor?
Speaker 1: But does he work in the save office? That gynecologist know we do not need to repeat. But we had a coologist that chat put through the other day, Dr but.
Speaker 3: Who's perfect.
Speaker 1: It is all right, Jess, Thank you very much. Have a good day.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Take care.
Speaker 1: Helen. Good morning. Hi. Here are you going? Oh good Helen. So what's the name that's got to do with the job.
Speaker 3: For you were years ago the librarian at my kids primary school with missus reed.
Speaker 2: Great one, Yep, it's all there, Helen, Thank you very much. She called sorry, Helen.
Speaker 3: There's one more.
Speaker 1: My sister, My sister's best friend married.
Speaker 3: Her name was she married and her name became nurse.
Speaker 1: Nurse, sorry, nurse nurse.
Speaker 3: She met her name was Rosemary, and she married and she was a nurse and she married a guy.
Speaker 1: Called mister nurse.
Speaker 3: So she became nurse.
Speaker 1: Nurse, nurse. That's on the Mount rushmore, nurse nurse, what do you need? A doctor?
Speaker 3: Doctors ago when you used to call a nurse, you know, nurse, nurse whatever.
Speaker 1: And the show she became nurse miss That is incredible. Those are two great ones. Thank you very much, Helen. Have a good day. Fine, that's right.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're asking you once more, does your name have for anything to do with your job?
Speaker 4: Do you have a job to sun just like your name, Like a weatherman whose name is ray for regarden A Korda lest Bush. It's called nominative determinedism. It's your job, just like your name. What's your name again? What's your name again?
Speaker 2: So Fa this morning on nine four one four one oh four three. Nurse nurse and doctor buts yes, he does.
Speaker 1: Work in that area.
Speaker 2: It was all leading him there, butt buts co losk me goes Dr Bar.
Speaker 1: I'd want to work with a dodtor. But if Phil's right, this guy is a butt. He knows about my butt. Christian.
Speaker 2: A small country town I grew up there will say Dr two. Dr toob No, I'm not seeing Dr two.
Speaker 1: That's from Sue Eliza. Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Eliza. Are you having a good morning so far?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 3: That's Sonny.
Speaker 1: It's good, lovely. Now, Eliza, what name have you got for us? Mate?
Speaker 3: Christy Page? Heard that, mister Page. I guess I'm with a book publisher.
Speaker 2: Mister Page would be a book publisher, wouldn't he? It works with pages. That's a great one, Eliza, thank you very much for calling the show.
Speaker 1: You take care you too see it? Who we got hair Lee? Good morning, good morning? And what's your name for us?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I know a lovely lady and her nanny's joya Baker, and her business is called the Joyous Faker. Oh that's beautiful. It's like a poetry to that it is.
Speaker 3: And she's full of joy. This lady as well, she's just epitomizes her name.
Speaker 2: Oh, what a lovely thing to say. That's lovely. Thank you very much for give us Ah. That's okay, Bye bye, Dave, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm good. So who can you tell us about?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you about my wife, Missus Carroll Money. When we lived in the UK.
Speaker 1: She lives. She worked in the bank, of course she did. Carol Money. She's on the money. She is money and her colleague, one of her colleagues, was called missus Rich.
Speaker 2: You don't want that for your bank manager to you, mister rich, want to be rich.
Speaker 1: Not you, not rich. This is the wrong way around.
Speaker 2: I want your job, mister rich. Filthy rich first name filthy. Carol Money is a great name. It feels like something from a board game like Cludo James. That's great, Dave, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You called me. Yes, Thanks Christian, say bye Wayne, good morning.
Speaker 2: Morning, Christian love the show mate.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago I had a colonoscope.
Speaker 4: By a doctor in Wherby called doctor.
Speaker 1: Ring only in Dr Bot. I think was going too much. But now doctor Ring, doctor Ring, you change your name when you that's too much, Dr Doctor Ring. All right, Wayne, thank you very much. You call Carl a brighter
Speaker 4: Now you're listening to the Question of Carl Show podcast