Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Oh my god, Oh my god, my god, you're here. Let's hit the podcast Little Freaks.
Speaker 2: This is Flex and Frooms on cater. It's Flex and Frames on cater and FLEXI I'm just gonna come out and say it. Subletting is weird and gross. I know what you're thinking. The cost of living crisis is crisising. But I was thinking about it recently and I was like, I live alone.
Speaker 1: Now it's a new it's a new moment in time.
Speaker 3: Don't tell Ted Bundy.
Speaker 1: I guess it is time to be right.
Speaker 3: I got a middle part.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could be targeted living alone. I'm like, if I go somewhere for a few weeks, I considered subletting my room until I thought about the realities of subletding, and I'm freaked out. I'm freaked out. So I have a chair that I bought, right, so it's an expensive, beautiful chair cashmere.
Speaker 1: Perhaps what's a velve velvet velvet with fringe and not the velveteer.
Speaker 2: This is a velvet moment, and I'm thinking, I'm so scared to have someone subwet in my room because they're gonna sit there farty ass on my chair, And when they're in my bed, they're gonna soak their sweat through it because there's not air conditioning. And when they're in my house, they're gonna use my la crusee to cook spaghetti and get it all stained. I just don't know, Like, let's take the money out of it for a second. How do you cope with knowing that someone is in your house?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess it's more so like you would be mindful of the person you're subletting, too, because I could never feel totally comfortable behaving in my homely way in somebody else's home, because I'm assuming as gross as you think the person who's coming to sleep in your house is, I'm assuming the person who lives there is gross. So I'm not getting into your pots and pants like I would own pots and pants. I'm not pickling, I'm not brining, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm just it's not fermenting.
Speaker 2: No, You're you're boiling your mooncup in like Jamie Oliver.
Speaker 4: Pits surface based experience. You know, you're changing the sheets, You're not going through drawers, You're still living out of your suit case.
Speaker 2: The moon cup is rotting in the back through it's like stained. Shut up, listen. I'm just I just like, hey, they do them rifling through my little things, grubbing.
Speaker 3: I feel like, what's happening now is you are and correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 4: How we see the world is a reflection of how we are. So you presuming that someone's going to go in and start rifling and boiling moon cups?
Speaker 3: Dare I say? Dare I say?
Speaker 1: Dare I say? I've never used the moon carp.
Speaker 3: I would never use one.
Speaker 2: I put one up there once, okay, and ideally had to go to my friend's house who's a midwife.
Speaker 4: I got to break down break the seal you got You've got to squeeze it to break the seal. Okay, this is my gripe with the twenty first entry. You people don't like reading instructions.
Speaker 1: I read the instructions. I got it up.
Speaker 2: I tried to push it up fifteen times. It finally got up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yes, like, hmmm, I got okay, this thing out. He always flexed brooms reset. I don't really go on Facebook.
Speaker 4: And liar liar, Sorry that was immature, very mature.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling targeted and you're being emotionally manipulative.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I actually do go on Facebook a lot, mainly to go on Facebook Marketplace, which is a subsidiary of Facebook. I consider it very different fantastic deals on numerous house goods.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mikayla has.
Speaker 2: An anonymous assortment an informant, Yeah, a mole in other terms, who has sent him? I won't docks a suburb so they know who they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So there's a suburb group like, for example, I'm part of BONDI each local Loop. There's also Surrey Hills Local Loop, etc. The list goes on this. Let's call it poopy Poopy people of the suburb Poopy vill Someone an anonymous member rights, Hi, don't know if this is appropriate for here, but I thought i'd put it out wanting to organize an adult that's in bunny Rabbits event in poopy Land, and preferably Poopy Land residents. If it's something that appeals to you, comment and no will contact thanks now.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is a lot of engagement. Fourteen reacts, thirty seven comments. Is that pumping for a group like this.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The person seemed to think so, because merely seven hours later they write, Okay, so the last post about this bunny rabbit adult event was quite hilarious and I enjoyed reading the comments. However, I was serious crying face. Yes, it is what you think.
Speaker 1: It is. Many names to call it, but I'll just call it triple X.
Speaker 3: Can I just pause for a second.
Speaker 4: This person is messaging anonymously but expecting that people with their full name and face are going to respond like earnestly to this post.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm bit horny even reading it, he continues. Intention not a scam, don't need payment, don't need anything. Poopy Land has some great characters. I told you it was worth calling it something else, and we thought winding down and just having a bit.
Speaker 1: Of fun is necessary in the time we're all in. I really like, what time is that?
Speaker 3: The unpresident to time?
Speaker 2: Thence wayback, I've forgotten about them. I realized I didn't respect anonymity, and if people are genuinely interested in organizing something like this, feel free to contact in the email below poopypants X at gmail dot com. Again, I enjoyed all the comments, and no this isn't a scam or anything to let loose, relax, meet new people and have a bit of fun. Take this how you wish. Okay, So now there's inter group violence. So the Poopy People group has now been implicated in another group called the pp pant which is another suburb. So poopy pant people, right the pe the ppe pants are a big man about the passion pit being organized and feel excluded and the people over in pp pants right, hey, pals. Not sure if anyone saw the recent party imitation in the poopy Pants community group, but quite frankly, I'm a bit pissed off that they excluded us. Not very neighbor of them. I'm so bored of their superiority complex. I get that they have a cheese room in their IgA.
Speaker 1: Big woop.
Speaker 2: I proposedly organize a bigger, better adult party to show them who is the better suburb.
Speaker 1: This reminds me as well. So last week I told everybody about.
Speaker 3: And fitness dating singles mixer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the mixer that I found with the Little Flyer, and it was only for people who were fit and over the age of thirty five, which is quite upsetting to read. I personally think that These groups are a great id and it's a nice way to meet people. However, why are we so keen to hang out only with people in our local area?
Speaker 1: Is this suburb elitism?
Speaker 2: Do you think suburbalidism exists.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent? I only hang out with people in a way.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh, I hang.
Speaker 5: Out with you yeah, on the job, on the job site, on.
Speaker 3: The job site.
Speaker 4: Is it suburb elicism or practicality? Because realistically true, it's like if we're trying to organize something, that's probably going to be The key phrase is like we're just unwinding after a big day. Do I want to travel into suburb to unwind?
Speaker 3: No? I want to go down my street.
Speaker 4: I want to walk ten minutes north and commingle with my community. This neighboring suburb has proven their inferiority by being upsets that they weren't considered just make another one, But they want to make another one in spite of this suburb. You've proved you can't hang If you really were about your suburb, you say, this is a great idea from said suburb. We should do our own adult party in our wouldn't it be great of one day we could join suburbs.
Speaker 5: So my friend who sent this to me, I can confirm that they actually don't live in this suburb. They live in the neighboring suburb. And they've been lying. They tell everyone they live in Poopyville, but they actually live in Peepeville. Wow, because they are suffering from the elitism.
Speaker 1: They're a victim.
Speaker 2: There is pepe Village like, way is Poopyville way better than people it is.
Speaker 4: It's a better vibe, it's more artisanal, like, it's very neighborly, community vibe, hipster coded, whereas Pepe vill is gentrified. It's like in its earlier stages of gentrification. Okay, so it's like if you know, you know, but you're not really hanging out in pee Paville, you maybe get a good, good feed. But I can see why peaeovil Verson would lie and say they're from Poopyville.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: People say they live in Bondi when they live in Randi Junction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bondi Junction to Bondi b.
Speaker 4: You restart the junction King and it's not the same, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: And rand Week is similar similar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well, thank you.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kita.
Speaker 4: Are you emotionally untrustworthy? That's the question we're trying to figure out the answer to today on Flex and Rooms. When we hear that statement, I can assure you that you're on the defense.
Speaker 3: More not me. Not me, I'm a trustworthy person. We'll listen to this.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing with boundaries. When you're someone who says yes when you want to say no, you are actually emotionally untrustworthy. And what you just described is that Jen is emotionally trustworthy because she will tell you the truth about what she thinks, how she feels, what she wants. You're not guessing.
Speaker 4: This reminds me of a conversation for me and I had last week on air, and I was saying that I don't mind when people flake, not that it doesn't offend me, it doesn't irritate me. These things are all true, But if someone's gonna spend time with me, I want to be enthusiastic. I want it to be like a heck yes, not a begrudging Well. I said I was going to, so I'm gonna do it. And when you get there, your back is up on the wall. You're complaining about everything. You're not down and it's something that I've had to reckon with the more that I socialize with different people who don't necessarily feel kind of like an allegiance to me. You know, when your best friends like I'll do whatever because you're my best friend. Not everybody feels that close to you in the sense that they prioritize not offending you over how they actually feel. And so when I meet people who have strong boundaries in that sense, when they say, actually have work, I can't hang out, or hey, like I can't do a FaceTime right now, like I'm not feeling well, I'm like, well.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 3: It's different because it's like, yeah, I do that to people.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, yeah, I want that same thing return, and I want to know that when you say things, I can trust it. In this instance, it's way more nuanced and like do you say yes when you want to say no?
Speaker 3: Babes my boss being like.
Speaker 4: You don't you know, emotionally untrustworthy because you came in to day that your vibes weren't there.
Speaker 3: Okay, calm down.
Speaker 4: But I think we would all benefit from respecting when people tell us the truth, even when it doesn't hit like we want us to not when they're scathingly honest, but when you're like, okay, I didn't want to hear that, but thanks letting me know that you're not comfortable or that you you know, don't feel like you want to share that experience with me, Like clocked, got it?
Speaker 3: Heard?
Speaker 1: Hard to do. I feel like we do that with ease and grace.
Speaker 4: You are right because we built we built that skill in this instance, though. You know how they say how people treat you says a lot about themselves.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: It's really tricky when you don't know somebody well and you start to create a mental catalog of what their behavior means by using your own behavior as a reference point. Wow, that is a really dangerous territory and stuff that like we don't really like catch quick enough. So I might say, well, I would respond really quickly, why haven't they? I wouldn't, by the way, but why haven't they? Or like I would never say that, why why would they? Or if that was me, I would do this. It's like, well, that's not you. So let's find out what they're like and then measure their behavior against their own behavior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to do, so hard. Everything's hid everything. It's hard, but I'd like that consideration.
Speaker 4: Flex and Frooms on kedus Annabelle dmd us via the Flex and Rooms Instagram. At Flex and Frooms anyway, you get good instagrams, And they've said I've been thinking a lot lately about how I'm constantly reaching out to my friends to hang out and I've cast like three plus lines before someone actually takes me up on the offer. I sometimes get sad about it and just try and ignore people, but weeks and months go by and no one reaches out to me.
Speaker 3: I get that people have boyfriends and jobs. I have a life too.
Speaker 4: It's actually so annoying and I feel like I'm probably the problem. But I I don't know why. I thought this might be a topic for you to discuss. Have you experienced this casting the net and having it?
Speaker 1: Yes? I think I have.
Speaker 2: I think when I first moved to Sydney about five years ago, I didn't know that many people, and to be fair, I don't know how good I was to be around.
Speaker 1: I would reach out a lot.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that I had like a stable group of friends for quite a long while.
Speaker 1: Of living here.
Speaker 2: But I also like, wasn't that fun to hang with, Like I wouldn't eat with people I like, didn't stay out really late, I wouldn't drink like I kind of did all these things that weren't conducive to like making better bonds with people. So I can personally pin it on my own behavior. However, I also know what it's like for people to move and like get harder jobs, get partners, and we are if you're a similar age to us, a lot of people do have partners and do have jobs that are a bit more stressful than when we were, say twenty two, in different ways.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't feel too bad about it. I know it's frustrating.
Speaker 2: I used to sometimes feel like something was wrong with me, but I also think you need to know that like a lot of the time it is circumstance and things change. Like there's been times in my life I've spoken about this where like I didn't feel like I had enough people to hang out with, but then other times I have.
Speaker 1: An overflow of people.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes you need to voice things because sometimes people don't realize how many times you're reaching out, Like I've done a thing.
Speaker 1: I remember when I moved to Sydney.
Speaker 2: A few other girls had just moved up from Melbourne. I think that a group chat and I was like why, Like I said something, I'm like, is there like a group chat that I can be part of to know what you guys are doing because I feel lonely? And they took it on board and we started a group chat that we still have.
Speaker 1: I'm someone who will bring up when.
Speaker 2: They feel socially excluded. I've always been good at that. Give people the benefit of the doubt, give people the opportunity to say, oh no, actually, like even if they're lying, let them know how you're feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say someone on the other end of the spectrum. I used to presume that people who would reach out first just wanted to socialize more than I did. It kind of often feels like when someone's constantly reaching out and you don't have that kind of reciprocated friendship, that it's just another person. I'm like the people to ask to do stuff. Also begs the question like, not all friendship and acquaintance ships are made equally. Are you the same tier of friendship as the people you're reaching out to and are you the same level of priority and you're not going to know exactly, but you kind of get a vibe like, for me, I'm in my outside era. I want to be going out. I'm not trying to drag my homebody people to do that with me. I have to make new party friends, new going out friends, reach out to people that I've never reached out to before and said, hey, like, let's run on this weekend? Can I get a plus one? And that's what you have to do. So if your current cohort really aren't reciprocating my energy, I swear to you there are people who are.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio