Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. We're back and in yesterday's podcast. Just a quick throw to yesterday, just because I don't want to stop talking about these things. And yet it's five twelve and We've got to get the fuck out of here. I'm going to see my friends. You just got in from New York.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, I was.
Speaker 1: We traiveled around South America. Everyone's saying we're siblings.
Speaker 2: You went to South America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty seventeen. Yeah, twenty seventeen. What's affectually known as the Gringo Trail.
Speaker 2: Not the Gringo Trail.
Speaker 1: I did it. I was King Gringo on that trail. You did.
Speaker 2: You've lived, babe, go back to that.
Speaker 1: It had shaved heads. I was in my friend Los and Bridget. We were going to go on to mar last moment in the pool. Yes, you really bad guys. It was lit no romantic interests, okay. I was in my solibate phase. I believe she is here from you. Her name is Loss.
Speaker 2: We clocked it the first time. I'm the second brand.
Speaker 1: Also, our last names are the same, but one letter is different from as no price. Oh, price and something else. Anyway, I'll show you a photo of her, and you tell me if you think we look similar, really quick, really quick. I just want to know, because she's really pretty. Now that i've brown hair loss.
Speaker 2: I just see Charlotte. To be honest, I don't even know shot like that.
Speaker 1: Really this is her. Tell me if you see a resemblance, not even a little bit. Must be just a general attitude of good vibes.
Speaker 2: It's like a general Caucasian thing, like I'm sure you want to see brooking in some capacity. Maybe you could look similar, but not enough that I would even clock siblings, distant cousins.
Speaker 1: Did you see all my story that I was at one six one with my sister and Louis Hanson and James those guys, And I said, are we all siblings are dating? Because you're like dark hair?
Speaker 2: That that's more like it? Yeah? Correct, All right, potty time? What katas flex and fromes flex and froms I wish you could hear what we talk about when the mics are off, because it's feral behavior. Contrary to popular belief, we do self stifle on the mic. You might not think so. You might think these girls have no what's the word. I'm looking for decorum? M Maybe anyway, am I the asshole for walking home because my brother in law wouldn't let me eat in his car? Likes this is gonna be good. My brother in law was driving us home and my hands were starting to shake because I hadn't eaten. So I was going to eat one of the pastries I bought, but he said I couldn't eat in his car. He was acting like his precious car would combust if it got crumbs in it, so I asked him to pull over because I needed to eat something. I decided to walk home while I ate my pastry because I was annoyed at him. He kept asking me to get back in the car and claim my husbandold bust his balls if he let me walk home, But I told him I didn't care, and I walked the entire way. So now my husband is mad at his brother. My brother in law is mad at me because I refuse to get back in the car. He thinks the blame is on me. They had a huge argument when my husband first found out, and my husband also probably told me I should have just let his brother drive me home instead of being stubborn and walking. Every time we argue about it. My brother in law asked me if I'm going to start sulking again, which is really getting on my nerves. So am I the asshole? I just shaking because she was hungry. That sounds like someone who was raised who's like a little sister. That's a little sister behavior her related.
Speaker 1: Help me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pass out, I will say, and maybe eating a pastry that has not a sassinance. Sheouldn't think she was the asshole? What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: I will say. I love a staged walkout a car obsess. When you're walking, Oh, you feel this anger coursing through your body, and it always works the best when it's someone you know really loves you.
Speaker 2: It's running away from home as a six year.
Speaker 1: Old running with him. You got your little you got a stick on your shoulder with your sleeping bag on the back. That's the kind of vibe that we're getting. I will say. I grew up in a household where car manners were of the utmost important.
Speaker 2: Because a little bit of context here.
Speaker 1: Car car dealer father, Like, for example, if I slam the door, it's like the worst thing you can do. Sam yeah. Yeah, it was like slam the door and like it's it's game over. Sis. Also, eating in the car, I think like you'd sneak a cheeky McDonald's chip, but it was to be had at home, so I will say I also like understand what it's like to be car proud, and I think some people have no manners. Like the other day I had friends in my car and I brought them chocolate eggs. What do I find for the next week? Little, Yeah, have a bit of decorum.
Speaker 2: And as a d D a designated driver, I love d ding Right, There's some part in me that really loves being of service to people when it's not necessarily needed, but it's appreciated. And like, the one thing I hate is that, like I've got a nice car, right, I can treat it poorly because it's my car. You can't treat it poorly, especially because it's not your car. And a similar experience you pick up the girlishrom the night out they get a little macas around, have a little chippy two three, But why do I look at my back sat on the leather and I'm seeing stray chips, little oil stains when they try to pick the chips up, but they kind of miss salt. It's frustrating in this instance here, though, I'm imagining, like if you were so far from your destination that you like what I'm imagining, that you were close enough that it didn't matter that you couldn't eat in that moment. Right if you were so far away, I'm imagining that the brother in law would have just stopped and be like, yeah, you're right, just eat something. But this is why we need to bring back manipulation, because sometimes you need to go about getting what you want in a way that suits both parties. So you're shaking, you're ruining the vibe number one, you're shaking number two, the ultimatums like I need to eat now, we need to pull over, babes, we're on the road. I don't know about you, but I didn't sympathize with ordering an uber from the wrong from like an unauthorized spot until I started driving, because it's like, oh, you really just can't stop anywhere. You really just can't pull over, And I'm gonna put the hazards on for a girl who wants to eat pastry, I can't. I'm so sorry, you're gonna have to stuff. We're only hum So you are the asshole because you have caused a roof between the family. And a big thing about adulthood is self regulating. We're hungry all the time. I'm hungry now, you know I'm also sleepy. Can I sleep right now? No? No, no no, And I'm not blaming anyone else in the studio for it. We're just getting on with them.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms flecks. You look me in the eye. Put your phone down, see scrolling through your story.
Speaker 2: People don't like direct eye contact. I was just being mindful.
Speaker 1: You were giving me a lot this morning.
Speaker 2: Direct eye contact. Yeah, yeah, because I've been working on my active listening. Sometimes when I actively listen, you think I'm annoyed at you. So I'm trying out different faces and expressions for size.
Speaker 1: A bit of a smile in the eyes. It's quite off putting, actually, But keep with the eye contact.
Speaker 2: You don't want this now.
Speaker 1: I want you to imagine this, and if you're listening, I would like you to do the same deep breath in as I say, and out through the nose. Did a bullet come on, Brookie.
Speaker 2: You went in through the mouth, out through the mouth, through the nose out through.
Speaker 1: The mouth into the microphone. All right, close your eyes now, if you're driving, do not close your eyes. You know you've just broken up with your boyfriend, but you are still on good terms. He still has the keys to the apartment. It's a nightmare. He still has the keys to the apartment you shared and messages you if he can come over and grab some stuff while you're out. You think nothing of it and say yeah, sure. Minutes later, you remember you had a guy over the night before and left dong nom you know what? That rappers on the bench right next to where you needed to get his stuff.
Speaker 2: I love that we're practicing safety.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, do you need to give him a heads up and potentially make it worse or say nothing? Let him see it and wait to see if he brings it up with you. Just let that sink in.
Speaker 2: That is literally so scary to me, you know, it's so crazy. I used to be the kind of person who'd be like, you can definitely be friends with your ex. But that was in my narcissist era, where I couldn't stand that somebody who loved me would now hate me, so in like a manipulative thing, I would maintain this air of like mutual joviality. We're like friends and we're friendly and you still love me. We're is terrifying because realistically, what gets you to a breakup is someone's bad behavior, a lack of reciprocity, or in some way shape of form eroded trust, eroded care. These things are not fundamental or like. These things are not like, they're not the formula for a good relationship. I also think that, like maintaining a good relationship with your ex is very confusing because we humans don't have the capacity to like hold to incompatible things and understand them both. Like in your head, you're compartmentalizing in a way that's not healthy for you and often beneficial for the other person. So all those times where I was like, I'm just gonna be friendly, I'm gonna be friendly, and know what I was doing hurting them, I was hurting myself number one, because I was denying that I wasn't actually in a good place to like be nice to you, Like I don't feel good about this, so expressing my emotions number one. Number two, I was like prioritizing the way it looked as opposed to the reality of what it was, and I was forcing myself to choose and decide how everything had to felt in the now, as opposed to letting things just be awkward for a bit, like letting things just be like awkward whatever, like existing that no man Let know what's it called no man's land territory, Like it's not nothing, but it wasn't what it was. Since we figure out what it is, things just need to be awkward. I will say, though, seeing the the miscellaneous rappers from the night before is punishment for being too comfortable in the dynamic? Why are you do it in a batch? You get two batches in and out facts, one for the things you can put into your car, the other for the removalist.
Speaker 1: If like, oh, it's so awful, isn't it? I just heard everything about it? You know what I want to say?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no no, Let's just stop breaking up. Let's just continue to date everyone we've ever dated before, or knock them off credit cred a Web. Yeah, you know, it's like will always be because you know, like the thing I don't like about an X the word makes you feel like you're not connected, but the reality is you are connected forever.
Speaker 1: Are you.
Speaker 2: You're my ex, I'm your ex. Whether or not we ever have content, whether or not we ever have contact in future, what I experience with you affects my life forever. What you experience with me affects my life forever, vice versa right. So for that reason, I don't need some kind of like not contact but acknowledgment of that. I don't like how you go from being like someone's every day to like nothing. Babes, I'm in your law. When someone opens the book of your life, Babes, I'm chapters one through four. You can't even get to five through thirty without going through me first.
Speaker 1: White out is needed. We need one of those pens that you can delete with a little rubber. But we can't do that because that's life. This is flex and frooms on, Kita, What is.
Speaker 2: The appropriate response to being told something you already know? Let's say I'm mey yapping on, I'm telling you something that you know. What do you say, I'm doing this? Oh you're just nod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just copy it one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So you would in no way say, oh I already know this. No, that's crazy. According to The New York mag though, the appropriate response is to say, you're right.
Speaker 1: Okay, how does that work?
Speaker 2: So let's say I'm telling you that, like, you know, what's a fact? Give me a fact.
Speaker 1: White dogs have crusty shit in their eyes.
Speaker 2: I know, not right, it's not right. Give me another one.
Speaker 1: Little white kervoodles that you bought ten years ago have crusty shit in their eyes.
Speaker 2: Right, how's it feel?
Speaker 1: How's it feeling? I guess it was a little bit better, But it doesn't really make sense.
Speaker 2: This is my thing. So the first time since unpacking this series, we've had one thing that we kind of disagree on. If somebody is telling me something I already know, why should my response be to validate their ego not the fact, Like if I just already know, I know right, especially they're trying to edge, Like do you know that in Australia we drive on the left hand?
Speaker 1: SI?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. And I'm like, you're right, but.
Speaker 1: Do you know I've seen you drive. You don't make me.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just get on the other side to make sure you still got it, you know. But I'm like, why would I say you're right? In some context that is the most appropriate thing to say, but it makes it sound like every conversation I'm having where me and this other party are sharing information is like a game of pandering. You're right, No, you're right, I'm right, you're right. No, you're pretty No, thank you, because you should never answer a compliment with a compliment. It's what the list said.
Speaker 1: That's another one of the list. I will say, you did it to me earlier this morning. I don't know what I was talking about, but you said, yeah, I know. And then you said I'm doing that thing again, and I thought's the thing like already I had already told the story. Yeah, you said, I don't know what I was talking about. Yes, what was I talking about?
Speaker 2: What was for me talking?
Speaker 1: You don't even remember. This is why I have to tell my stories at least two times to be heard around here.
Speaker 2: No, if I was selling a story, it would have been like the third time. The way she was gearing up, you could tell she was just about to do like the full setup, the intro, the complication, the climax, and then the end. I said, no, no, no, we have had this one. Thank you. I was saving We were at a table full of people. They didn't have the heart to tell you, but I had the heart, because we did learn that if someone's telling you a story that you've already heard, you have two seconds to let them know you've already heard it. Just too. If you missed that two second window, I will say it's.
Speaker 1: The same with someone having stuff in their teeth, seeing a little bit of green spinach, a little bit of a chunky bit of bread in a little upper corner bybe I gotta tell you.
Speaker 2: Two second window. Yeah, and if you don't in a two seconds one.
Speaker 1: Every time I go out to go get a coffee without my phone, which is something that I like to do in the morning, why don't we get home, have a little crusty bits of money, a little bit of chocolate.
Speaker 2: Well, you gotta check on your phone.
Speaker 1: I don't have my phone on.
Speaker 2: Me, but if you did with you checked, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Up here, so a little bit of my nose from the cappuccino dust babes. It's a four to one month emergency whatever you're six flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: That'd a best in breaking news. This is hot off the press, and by that I mean it's a couple of weeks old. Our favorite litoral blood sucking couple MGK and Megan Fox have broken up because he allegedly cheated. That is not the news I want to talk about. What I am more interested in is this phenomenon that happens when a objectively great, jous woman celebrity gets humbled by experiencing what one would assume is a very regular thing, and that is getting cheated on. Suddenly the general public like knocks them down on their pedestal a little bit. They're like, oh damn, I thought you were special, unique, different, subject to other worldly occurrences, and yet you are but a common person like me who gets cheat on. Hmm. Sad that I find is the most insidious thing to observe, because it's droves of people, hordes of people. Then the speculation happens, what is so wrong with you that you, this other worldly, beautiful specimen is getting cheated on? M Are you hard to be around? Is it because you're weird thumbs? Because apparently she got weird thumbs. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she got the what's it called way it to hammer hammer thumbs or something.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it. I saw it in the comments. So this ticktom Oh, you know, Melan, you know I heard she doesn't eat carbs. Maybe she's a really angry girl and like you know, like, oh, I did notice that since he'd been dating her, like you know, she feels really uptight. She's like draining the energy out of him. And la la la l l lah. Right, that's not worse enough. No, I start speculating about who he might have cheated on her with. Who do they pick the closest woman in proximity. His guitarists, it must be her, right, because she's just around, because like they couldn't just be friends and interacting, must be sleeping together.
Speaker 1: Guys, let's go back to the TMZ days where there was one central body that's speculated. Not all you Internet salutes. This is too much.
Speaker 2: Let's get one or a band of one hundred really inappropriate people who keep pushing sleep. Get them on the job. I want to see them come together with some facts, not every single person like picking up little granules of what they think is evidence that would not hold up in the court of Lord. Your vibes, the things that you've been intuitively feeling about them as a couple, it's not holding up.
Speaker 1: I honestly judge Judy on this case. I will say on the tropic of cheating. Something that I heard, perhaps from you can't remember, doesn't matter, was that cheating has never got anything to do with the person. It's about power es the pirell. Oh was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like a sixty five year old psychotherapist, but.
Speaker 1: Like, damn well, rip that relationship. Really fun moment. It was quite like a ninety throwback Billy Bob short and esque energy.
Speaker 2: You're going through a breakup and then you turn the radio and so I'm like, well, that was like a nineties throwback billy. You're insane.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.