Speaker 1: Flex and Frums brought to you by Keda. This is the Flex in Froomes Summer Sessions podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh this is a good one. We were discussing Paris syndrome, which is very location specific issue that predominantly Japanese tourist facemen going to Paris and they realized it's not that great.
Speaker 3: And I had that with Malaysia. No shade to Malaysia. If I go back, I'm sure i'd love it, love Malaysian food. And I talk about an instance where I trick or treated my dad on a non Halloween date involving Sarte chicken. I don't think I added this to the story, but I also included venjamite for it.
Speaker 2: You didn't include that flavor and shade locals only. And then for me, introduced us to the frog or rat concept, which really shook up the Internet and had people accusing for me of being a plagiarizer because I had heard of the concept before. Now I'm saying the DM's babe. I was like, babes, don't come for me. I don't know who you heard that from, but I heard it from Fromena. Okay, so she's my.
Speaker 3: Souce I'm pretty sure that I actually I said it was from two bro podcasters. I definitely made that clear. Anyway, my team's open now if you want to complain, but don't, but I won't.
Speaker 1: Wat you're listening to Flex and frooms on.
Speaker 3: Have you been to a wedding recently. I have not.
Speaker 2: The last wedding I went to was my brothers, and that was like five years ago. Whoa, and before then I was a child at weddings, which is very annoying. I definitely was not invited the plus four for my mum. She's ICP for one, and the whole family's rocked up.
Speaker 3: Liz, you know that's not good wedding hygiene. But also, hell yeah, you guys are little kitty, so bring along. My friend sent me this voice note completely out of the blue the other day, so I'm just going to play. It involves a wedding in Chile. I love that people know what I'd.
Speaker 2: Like, literally contact curation off the dome, mate.
Speaker 4: I was at this the other day in San Fanon. I heard a story that I thought you'd love. So a friend of mine went to this wedding in Chile recently and it was a boring, normal Chiant wedding, you know, nothing to write about is kind of like, you know, a bit bored of the whole thing. Anyway, at about eleven, the music like almost cuts and the Shrek theme song comes on right blasts out of nowhere. A lady dressed as Fiona comes out with his big sign above her head that says shots and starts handing out shots to everyone. And there's a dude in like a Shrek costume like coming in handing out like those balloons and make balloon animals out of and gives like one hundred of them out and everyone goes, it's you.
Speaker 3: Know, crazy.
Speaker 4: Everyone's dancing anyway, and then it's almost like as soon as it starts, it stops like an hour later and it just goes back to the boring wedding. And my friend was just stunned. She was like, what just happened? And she's asking for people and people go, oh, yeah, that's that's crazy hour. She goes, what's crazyer? And like at weddings, it's a thing where they kind of inject a bit of fun and just do something insane for an hour. It's live and up the party. Genius idea and thought you'd absolutely love it a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a performance art, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Literally? And I'm seeing photos and the Shrek is so uncanny. It's like a festival.
Speaker 2: Those balloons. Honestly, it's genius. It would make the biggest difference, because I don't think the average person could sustain and entertaining wedding the whole time. You gotta have budget ebb and flow, Like maybe the speeches are a little bit funny, and then it gets sentimental for the first dance. But if it's funny, funny, funny, funny, funny, we taken the piss. We're just gagging there. That is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Would you do it one hundred percent my wedding to be a garden wedding? For the ceremony, then go to a small space. Always want it to be smaller and more cramped and larger, larger, And you look and they're all on that dance floor in like a brand new building. I'm the right small, intimate crazy music. We're giving eighties music, early two thousand's music. David Wedder, Yeah, so that's a vibe.
Speaker 2: I love that so much. Look, there's so much I can go wrong in a wedding. I feel like most weddings are doomed to be terrible because you get people who've never planned an event in their life trying to plan the one of a century. You don't have, You don't have the skills. No shade though, No shade.
Speaker 3: Also, things that you don't budget for are very like technical things, not just flowers, but other things. I'm personally going to be getting my friend Geordiana Johnson to be doing my wedding. She's a producer and director. If you want to use it for an event.
Speaker 2: Yeah absolutely. I won't be caught spending you know, a bag on flowers. So I don't get it. People need to be you know what I love. There's this florus that does like fruit and vegetable installation displays like real spooky that is better to me than a bunch of roses that are gonna die in six hours.
Speaker 3: Like super pero.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: If you get it, you get.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, okay, fleck and frooms.
Speaker 2: There is a thing called paras syndrome, which I am totally not surprised by. It is what the Internet and i'm sure sociologists and anthropologists to refer to as a culture shock syndrome. And this one in particular. Paris syndrome mostly affects Japanese people, about six million at the time of this article travel to travel to Paris sorry annually, and when they get there they experience almost like a psychological disappointment. It causes symptoms like an acute delusional state, hallucinations, anxiety, dizziness, sweating, all of this stuff. And it's because, especially in Asian countries or across the world, like Paris is highly romanticized. It to be romantic and really pretty and clean and picturesque, and the reality is that, like it's a little bit gruppy piece a city. It's a city. You know, people aren't always going to be rude to you. It's not giving Emily in Paris. You're not going to have your French fling with the cute chefs, who's going to make you cheese. It's not happening. However, the fantasy and the reality of that experience is so disorienting that people experience physical symptoms. Much like the story I told of And I was but a child going to buy a three flip prow with my mum, it was sold out. I got votigo. So it does happen it does happen to the best of us. So here's the thing. They say that, combined with exhaustion, language barriers, cultural barriers, homesickness, culture shock can cause serious psychological distress. So with that in mind, please do your research when you go see other places of the world. If you're relying on Gossip Girl, as you know, the only information you do before you go to New York, you're going to be solely disappointed.
Speaker 3: Well, when I went to Malaysia in two thousand and four with my family first overseas holiday, it was the biggest culture shock, so much so that I didn't leave the hotel room. I stayed in the hotel room, ordering Sartae chicken breakfast, lunch.
Speaker 2: And dinner.
Speaker 3: And at one point my mum and dad decided to go out. Because I was a very like demanding child, I was like, you have to be with me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So it was kind of giving only child.
Speaker 3: And I got them to stay with me. Anyway, Mom and dad go out one night. I am livid, what are you doing? You can't leave me here. I'm a small child. How old were you eight? Old enough to know better? Well, while they were gone, I decided to pull a prank, you would what you do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: My dad is a bit of a grub and like big fada, big bird, like father, like daughter, genuinely stinky person. And so I pulled back their bed sheets, ordered Sartae chicken, put a little bit of sarte chicken where his bum would be on the mattress. There was a bit of edgemite in the room. I grabbed that as well, got a little bit out, did a bit of picasso on the sheets. So I like it, gently folded the sheets back over a tuck doing a hotel talk. Whoa Anyway, that night Mom and Dad sawned her home, opened the sheets and I'm just hearing a fight. I'm hearing aggressive domestic moment. Mummy is going to town on dadd and my mum is a little angel. She doesn't get angry quickly. And she thought, how dare you shit in our holiday marital bed? You are the devil bab You know what is the worst bit? He didn't even deny it. He thought he shit the bed and then he got upset. It was just a horsis mortion.
Speaker 2: It was embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it takes a lot for that man to be embarrassed. So Malaysia do they know. I had to come out and tell because it started to get really heated. You know, we're on holiday. I don't want anyway, but the best, best, best bit is on the same troop. I pissed the bed. Whoa, and so we came back to star the light daughter and the housekeepers had put extra sheets in each room flex and frooms Fleisi. The other day we were talking about frogs and rats.
Speaker 2: By the other days we're thinking much now.
Speaker 3: That's gone really quickly and essentially these guys on TikTok were like, there's two categories of people in the world, nothing in between. You either a frog or a rat.
Speaker 2: Aesthetically and also personality wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon with a lot of aesthetics. It bleeds into personality, not in any creep. So someone sent me a dim and said, this is frog and rat. These may have already been discussed dot, but Dot, if you're a rat, are you attracted to frogs? And if you're a frogs, are you attracted to rats? Or do rats like rats and frogs like frogs? What is a consensus? I simply must know or I won't sleep at night.
Speaker 2: We love it interracial dating, but frogs and rats into esthetics inter aesthetics. Do a frog's more attracted to rats? Are rats more attracted to frogs? Because the studies show that people are either attracted to people who look like them for procreation reasons or the complete opposite. M Do I date frogs or rats? I think that I date rats. Before you get to that. Oh sorry, I want to tell you about what everyone else thought. No, I'm ready to keep going. Go on, man, I don't hear it. It told me.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I did the poll. Yes, opposites attract or no? Rats on rats on rats? Sixty five percent of people said opposites attract thirty five said rats attract rats. As we know, flexes a frog, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Rat, yeah, And this is by facial features first, then vibes. Yes, but I would say.
Speaker 3: You've got more of a rat vibe and I've got more of a frog vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, which is why the results were confusing and a bit skewed. People like, we get it, she does feel like a frog aesthetically, the rounded edges, but the teeth say rat. Personality says rat, and I have an affinity towards rats, but I have a frog tattoo. Oh yeah, mixed signals.
Speaker 3: Well, what are you attracted to? You're attracted to fellow frogs.
Speaker 2: I think I attracted to rats like a beady character, beady eyes. Yeah. I think I'm trying to picture people I find hot, and the only person I can think of at the moment is I'm watching True Blood. I'm thinking of a vampire there, and I think vampire is a very righty looking people.
Speaker 3: But the ultimate rats Okay, calm down. As a self identifying and also identifying.
Speaker 2: Rat rat by nature and by nurture, I'm.
Speaker 3: A right girl. I want to be attracted to frogs for procreation purposes, yeah, because I like the frog aesthetic of the face, the wider part eyes, the small nose, the like cute little mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And yet, however, my dating history is serving rat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think I like frogs too, because like, look, Drake is a frog and we've spoken about it before. People date who they can, not who they want. So I think the frog and rat dating theory is ultimately skewed because you just have to go with either what you've dated in the past, which was was that full of your choice? I don't know versus what you would do if you had all the options in the world.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: While we let that simmer, I think we need to add a few more animals into the category because frog and rat the more we speak about them, the more they become one thing. We need to de find if a frog is a vibe thing, is it an aesthetic thing? Is it a rat thing? We definitely need to introduce something like a elephant. I think an elephant character is far more definitive. I don't know what an elephant either, but we can figure it out together.
Speaker 3: Okay, I prefer a hipo say savage panda.
Speaker 2: Stop, we're getting carried away. We're getting carried away.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Keta. This is the Flex and Frooms Summer Sessions Podcast