Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboom Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Concer Podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to get into.
Speaker 1: The driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Rising Coon podcast. Guys.
Speaker 1: This is a really sad but also joyous episode mixed emotion. It's we have mixed emotions. I don't know how to break it to you, guys.
Speaker 2: But our beautiful t tee a tear is leaving RNC.
Speaker 1: Don't a tear, don't cry during this epod no wait, and we just wanted to do an episode, one final episode together.
Speaker 3: I might be popping up in episodes here and there after because we have recorded a few.
Speaker 4: But yeah, this is our last record.
Speaker 2: In life, yeah, in lifetiming.
Speaker 1: So this has been a really long, intuitive journey. We are obviously like so honest with you guys on the podcast. We share everything, and this episode is no different. Basically on my side, I have been wanting shifts in the podcast. We have been trialing a lot of things and intuitively just feeling like something needs to shift and change. And a Tear has also felt the exact same way, and we have been doing that, and it's just come to a point where we both intuitively have decided that this is the end for beautiful tete at Rise and concert, for this.
Speaker 2: Moment, for the moment, we never know what I happen.
Speaker 1: We honestly never know because we love each other so much and we've had so much fun together and.
Speaker 4: I literally don't even it doesn't still doesn't feel real.
Speaker 1: I know, like I'll come back, I'll be here next week. I'll be like, oh, there's the tiersha goal.
Speaker 3: I Yeah, I think it's so funny because neither of us know why or how or what's happening, but we know it's the right thing. And I was even talking to G before, and I'm like, I don't think we even need to say more than that, Like it's it feels intally intuitively right for me, it feels intuitively right for G. And that is something we preach on the podcast in that even when it doesn't make sense, you have to.
Speaker 4: Follow your intuition.
Speaker 3: Yes, And so despice it feeling so shit, we're both doing it and maybe I'll come back in a couple of months and I'll be able to tell you guys a wild story and it'll all make sense.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, it doesn't make sense right now.
Speaker 4: So if you're confused, shaw them to the clubs.
Speaker 2: No again. And like a Tea said, like we preach this word.
Speaker 1: We preach following your intuition making decisions where it's like it doesn't logically make sense, but like intuitively you just know.
Speaker 2: It's the right decision.
Speaker 1: And you know what's crazy too, is like we talk, we have so many stories from our community like this where they have so much courage, and they're just like, no, I know this largely it doesn't make sense, but I need to make this decision.
Speaker 2: And so I'm really quite proud of us.
Speaker 1: In this because to run a you know, business this way and you know, to be like that is it's hard.
Speaker 2: It's so hard. I hate being courated. So I'm sure you feel the exact same way.
Speaker 1: Like it feels like, yeah, very interesting, but also we're just trusting.
Speaker 3: We are trusting, trusting. No one knows what's next, but it's but it's.
Speaker 2: Definitely an end of an error.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It's an end of an error. And obviously the podcast is going to continue. You just won't have t t and her beautiful insights and recommendations. Look our Texa and she'll send recommendations.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I will because they're always so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, basically, just we wanted to do this episode telling you because I know how much you guys love a Tia and how sad you'll be also, and I'm so sad.
Speaker 3: I'm so sad, and I love our community so much, so I'm devastated because you are all so inspiring and every time I meet anyone that listens to the podcast, I'm like, oh my god, you're just so cool, and like it's so amazing, so cool, so cool and so talented and so incredible, and like, I'm obviously going to keep listening to the pod and follow socials and everything. I adore you all so much, so I definitely probably won't be going at it.
Speaker 4: I'll still be showing up to like events.
Speaker 2: So absolutely popping up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just wanted to share also, fifteen lessons I've learned this year, because I know we've spoken about it briefly on the podcast before, but I'm currently in a nine year. Well, I've just finished a nine year. I'm now in a one year, but a nine year in numerology, when you go through that as your personal year is when lots of things have to fall apart for other things to come in. And when I reflected from birthday to birthday, I've just.
Speaker 4: Had wild It's been a wild year.
Speaker 3: It's been so transformative in like every aspect of my life. I think the only thing that didn't get completely upheaved until now was work. So I've been through the ringer and I'm excited for what's to come.
Speaker 1: I feel like everyone this year has had so much change though, so much change, it's actually wild. Like we were even just saying, like off air because my content creator, my PA has resigned. Yeah, and so we're about to get this new team member and like she's leaving and you're leaving, and I'm like, oh my god, so much is changing and.
Speaker 2: It feels so crazy.
Speaker 1: But also again being in that like the universe doesn't get it wrong. This is obviously meant to be. I'm trusting it. I'm not like putting my feet down stomping my feet. I'm going with the flow and I'm trusting it. And like these are the moments where we get to practice what we preach on this podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's been interesting.
Speaker 2: It's been very interesting.
Speaker 1: So Titty, I would love for you to share the fifteen lessons.
Speaker 3: Yes, there might be sixteen. I'm SKay bonus lesson. The first one is actually one that I've really seen a shift over the past couple of years. But it's you really do become like the five people you spend most of your time with, so choose wisely, and this is something that you have complete control over, even if you feel like you don't. So put yourself in places and be careful of the places you put yourself in as to what you might absorb subconsciously, and if you don't like something, change it. I've even had a year where I've made a lot of a lot of new friends, I've lost some friends, and it's like, all he's been a very conscious decision, and I've almost been a bit cutthroat of like, oh I don't want that, I'm leaving it. And something that's helped me is being in a nine year. Every time I've evaluated something, I've said, do I want to commit to this for my next cycle which is ten years? And that's so that's so powerful. It's so powerful, and it helps you be a bit more cutthroat and okay with like making those cuts. And I think I am now going to carry that energy in every year because truly, every decision you make is do I want to hold onto this for a cycle or I'm not tolerating this. So be careful who you surround yourself with. And another example I have of this was from when I first started working here to now, my outlook on investing into my health and fitness has completely shifted. Like I am someone who else felled sick paying fifteen dollars a week for Jim, and now I think I'm probably paying like collectively, like ninety and it's such a big difference. But I feel so good about it because I've been surrounded by people who prioritize and invest in their health and fitness, and like, I've realized your health is your wealth, and like, that's been such a shift for me. So that is something that I've seen, such a clear cut version of how who you surround yourself with matters.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 3: The next one is a beautiful quote that I came across. It stuck with me. Is nothing that is meant for you will ever get away. Love deeply and without the need to possess or own, Let beautiful connections pass through you, without attachment. Slam your heart into the people and places and the things that ignite your soul. And I promise the right things will stay. You will never lose what is for you.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's very beautiful. True it is.
Speaker 3: And I this is something that I'm still working on because I struggle to sometimes open my heart and be super vulnerable and I can be guarded as a form of protection, but I I think that there's so much beauty in allowing yourself to feel so deeply and let yourself get hurt, and like, yeah, you will, and it will happen over and over again, but you'll bounce back. And if you get to feel the shit, you also get to feel the really, really good things and that's so much more worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like without the depth of the pain, you don't know the depth of the happiness exactly.
Speaker 3: And so that's something that I'm really leaning into and have started and I'm working on feeling deeper, which is an interesting journey. The next one is sometimes all you have to do is take a moment and look at your lives from the eyes of sixteen year old you. How would she feel?
Speaker 2: So true?
Speaker 3: And sixteen year old me would think I'm the best person ever, so she'd be like, you're so cool. Yeah, I love that. So I think sometimes just taking that step back to connect with your inner child and go.
Speaker 4: Are you confused or like, are you hurt? Are you angry?
Speaker 3: And honoring that little human that's still inside you, because if you don't listen to them, it's just going to be so much worse and you'll feel so disconnected from yourself, and like connecting and talking to your and a child is something that's so powerful and healing and actually helps you figure out how you feel about things more than adult you know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: The next one is when people show you who they are.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: This one's a really powerful one, but it's actions speak louder than words. So listen when people talk, but remember what they do and how they make you feel. So for me, this is something that goes both ways, because some people will rise up to the plate and like shock you and you'll be like, oh my god, I didn't think you had that in you, and they'll surprise you, and like let them, give them the space and believe it when they do that, and allow that connection to be something you invest into and bloom. But in the same way, if someone's not quite meeting your standards, don't be scared to just sort of let it fizzle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love that. Yeah, Like, actions speak louder than words.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The next one is you will never truly be comfortable somewhere that is not meant for you, and your happiness doesn't actually have to make sense to other people. And I think this is something that I've like I would get stuck in the comparison trap earlier on in the year, and as soon as you get to know someone's situation, you're like, oh, you're not even happy, so why are you doing that?
Speaker 1: Oh I know that's even just like you know, what I love right now is like on this is going on a rent but like on TikTok, girls are showing beautiful videos of them and their partner, but then like writing like he doesn't know this yet, but he strangles me.
Speaker 2: Or like yeah, really beautiful moments.
Speaker 1: That are like aesthetic, but then they're telling the real truth and I'm like, oh my god. Well because again just reminding us as like what people portray even what you see, like friends talk about anything. It's like there's just so much more behind closed.
Speaker 3: Doors, so much more behind closed doors. And I think for me, that's a lesson I've been learning is like things can look amazing on the outside, but you actually never know what's happening, and if something's not feeling right, it's okay to change it no matter what other people will think. Like it could be a friendship, it could be a relationship, it could be what like where you live, like you might just pack up and go overseas if you feel like it, And you can make these shifts and changes and follow your intuition, and it doesn't have to make sense, because there's no point living.
Speaker 4: A life to look happy to other people. You need to feel happy.
Speaker 3: The next one is never let someone else dim your light. Shine bright.
Speaker 4: She's a goodie.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 3: And this one for me is like, I'm someone that gets told I'm too much. I'm someone that gets told that I need to tone it down and not be as intense and not be as forward and fiery, and I have learnt this year. It's like, you actually don't have to listen to that. And I'm not going to live my life in other people's perceptions and projections because they're too scared to embrace their full self.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 3: The next one is another quote that I love. So ships don't sink because of the water around them. Ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don't let what's happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's a powerful one.
Speaker 4: She's a goodie.
Speaker 3: And I think this one's so powerful because especially with like things happening around the world and in society, Like, you actually have no control over what's happening around you at the end of the day, but you do have control over what you let in. So learn to protect your energy, be careful what you let in, and let the good stuff in and feel the good stuff. But if there's something that you're like, oh, I actually don't want to have anything to do with that, and I'm going to choose to be a bit maybe a bit ignorant, choose that because that's what's right for you, and that's what feels good for you.
Speaker 2: I know I was sinking the other day.
Speaker 1: Is like most like ignorance is bliss, like it is if you don't know, you would have never like thought or compared or all that sort of thing. So like, stop putting yourself in places where you have to find out exactly.
Speaker 3: The next one is take a lined action, but know when it's time to release control and leave things in the hands of the universe. Life is a lot easier that way. So this one is like, you can actually only do so much at the end of the day. There's sometimes going to be experiences and things that happen that you have no control over, Like you could get blindsided by a breakup, or you could lose a friendship that you thought was really good, or like a family member could get sick, and like, you can only do.
Speaker 4: So much in those situations.
Speaker 3: So take whatever action you need that's within your that's actually within your control, and that gives you the closure or helps you regulate your emotions. But don't stress about things you can't control. An exercise that helped me in some situations where I had no control was like circle of control exercise. So I literally do a circle and inside the circle I wrote everything I actually have control over. So like my emotions, where I get my information from how much research I do towards a situation. Those are things I have control over. What do I not have control over? Other people maybe certain situations, And like looking at things like that helps you put into spective how little control you have, and it is so much easier to release what you don't have control over the next one is just because you carry it well doesn't mean it's not heavy. People won't always understand this or know what to do, but that doesn't make you any less worthy or able to ask for help, love and compassion. I think for me this came from like a bit of people pleasing, but I would sometimes struggle to ask for help when I was really like unhappy or upset or just needed like a cuddle from my best friend. And just because you're going through something hard and you're managing doesn't mean that you can't have an off day or ask someone to be your shoulder to cry on. Because people are there for you, so let them be there for you.
Speaker 2: Ye're like, you don't have to carry it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even if you can.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: The next one is you don't owe anything to anyone. People are going to say and do things that you don't agree with. Don't waste your time and energy on it because you can't learn people's lessons for them. And this is when we all had a group discussion about because Georgina said she has a bit of a justice wound and that eliminated to me.
Speaker 4: I do too.
Speaker 3: And it's like, when someone's doing something wrong, you almost need to show them and prove to them that what they're doing is wrong and make them see it. But at the end of the day, life's so much more peaceful for you if you don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's actually not on you to teach someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Men, Me and Coople are talking about that, like with family and self development. Yeah, and almost like Cooper's like, oh, but I want to help them, I might stop trying to save them because he just ends up feeling shitty aer because they don't take it, or like all that sort of thing. And it's like, just focus on you and allow the overflow, and that's all you need to focus on exactly.
Speaker 4: Such a big one.
Speaker 3: The next one is one that I've really really learned this year is you're so much more resilient and capable than you can imagine. Even when you feel like there's nothing left, I guarantee you you've got more. And what really solidified this for me was like I think it was like July or something I'd said to my best friend, I've just got nothing left. I was like, I was a wet towel and I've been wrong out and there's nothing left. I'm like, if anything else happened, I just don't know what I'm gonna do. And like me yesterday since then, honestly like four or five other things that happened and everyone's like, what is going on? I'm like, it's a nine year it's fine, it's fine, And like I still am still here. I'm still here. I'm still standing, I've still got a smile on my face, and I'm fine.
Speaker 1: So I was joking to a tea before we came on air, and because I was saying, yesterday my period was twenty days late and I was just feeling it, and I like said to Cooper, I'm like, I'm out, I'm over this, I'm done. And then like got my period this morning and I'm like, I feel good, not retiring anymore.
Speaker 2: But yesterday I was like, I'm retiring on it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you feel like you've got nothing left, you do you do, you do, You'll find it.
Speaker 2: Have an app, have a cuddle, have some chocolate.
Speaker 4: And come back stronger the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The next one is the present is the only thing we truly have. If you don't start living in it, you don't really live at all. Focus on the step in front of you, not the whole staircase. Take things day by day, and you'll be shocked at how far you go. So this is something I really worked to lean into this year. And it's like being where my feet are. And it's often so easy to have rose colored glasses on for the part or the future but not for your present, and putting rose colored glasses on and almost living my life just like only seeing the good has made such a difference in my mental health because I have, like objectively had a very difficult year and I've still been happy and enjoyed things even when other things are going to shit, And like, it's so important to live life like that because you're always going to have challenges, There's always going to be things that come up, things aren't always going to go your way, and if you learn to just like be in the present moment and enjoy every day for.
Speaker 4: What it is.
Speaker 3: I just stopped thinking about looking forward, and I was like, my only goal is to have a good day to day. And that was what really put me in that mental space, and I realized, like how quickly things happen when you actually only focus on what do I need to do today? And because I'd always been such a forward planner of like this done in six weeks and that done in twelve weeks, and then we'll be here, But when things like that happen, everything kind of goes. Timelines get thrown out. You have no idea what's going on when things are going to happen because there's so many moving parts and just getting through each day. Six weeks later, or like three months later, I was looking back and I'm like, WHOA, so much has actually happened in three months, and like we managed it all really well because all we did was get up and go what I need to do today? Yeah, and so powerful, and like that really solidified that thing for me. Even when you're working in for big goals, don't look at the top of the staircase where your goal is and stand on the bottom and go, oh my god, how am I ever going to get there? Just look at the next step. Yeah, and take it step by step and I guarantee you'll you'll actually move so much faster than if you stood there looking at that final step.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So powerful.
Speaker 3: The next one is you're never going to feel one hundred percent ready do it anyway. There's actually no such things the right time. There is just time and what we choose to do with it. The easiest way for me to explain this one is like actually a business quote of if you're happy with your first product, you started too late, like you waited too long, Yeah, And learning through failure and failing forward is actually the fastest way to success. So work to reframe your relationship with failure and look at it as a test and like await it, like improve your processes and the way you do things and the way you function, rather than something that's so bad that you should never touch. And it's almost like if I had said to you, g, like your six failures away from a billion dollar business, how quickly would you start your next six businesses?
Speaker 4: And how excited would you be so when they failed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I think just like starting to look at it that way of like almost like when some people are like if if you knew you were four heartbreaks away from your person, how quickly would you be going on a date? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's one that's been big for me this year as well. And then another one is just because you did it once doesn't mean you have to do it or will do it again. Don't let past versions of yourself determine who you are today. This one is a lesson I sort of learned in relationships with like boundaries. Just because I used to do something for someone doesn't mean I actually have to anymore. And even stories I told myself like that I'm not a consistent person. Just because I wasn't a consistent person doesn't mean that I can't be tomorrow. And it's okay to acknowledge past versions of yourself, but don't let it hold you to what you're capable of in the future.
Speaker 2: That's powerful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another one which is very fitting is trust your intuition always, even if it doesn't make sense, it's usually right. It's always right, honestly, a lesson like, I've actually just learned that my intuition is actually never wrong. It's kind of scary, and it's because I've actually started documenting it so I would have recordings of calls with Fee, my journal that I've been writing my little predictions in. I've recorded video diaries here and there for myself, and that is something I recommend everyone to do because you'll be shocked when you listen back as to how things fell together. It may not be exactly what you think, but you'll look at how timelines line up and actions and people and things that happen and you'll go.
Speaker 4: WHOA, and my psychic we all are, yeah, we all are.
Speaker 3: So learn to lean into your intuition because as you create more and more evidence for yourself that it's right. It's going to be so much more easy for you to follow it in the moment because you'll go, well, I'm actually it's not wrong.
Speaker 4: It always works out, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: And again in that moment, even if it doesn't logically make sense, it's like it's.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and then my life. Last one is learn your Lights. So this one is inspired by the book Green Lights by Matthew McConaughey, which I read and loved, and his whole concept is that in your life, you've got green lights, which is when it's time to hit the gas and go. You've got yellow lights when it's time to slow down and reevaluate, and maybe you need to make a turn or maybe you need to just change direction a little bit, and you've got red lights. And red lights is when you need to completely stop and look at it as a bit of an inner winter and go internal and reconnect back with yourself and actually not worry about what's going on in the world around you. So one of my biggest lessons was getting really good at recognizing which light or season you're currently in and going with it, because something that's happened for me recently is I've been forced to slow down in every aspect. Like I think it was like we had our retreat and that was beautiful and slow and tuned out the outside world, and then my car broke down and I couldn't go anywhere every week and it was just like all these things and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh my god, it's a red light and not being scared of it too, not.
Speaker 3: Being scared of it and going cool, this is my opportunity to slow down because then the green light's gonna come and I'm going to need energy to go, So I better fix anything that needs fixing so that I can hit the ground running when it's time.
Speaker 4: And I think that.
Speaker 3: That is something that is hard, because you might be in a red light while people around your own green lights, and then you can fall into like a bit of a comparison trap. But it's recognizing that, like when your green light happens, things can change faster and more insane than you could ever imagine. So don't worry about what's going on around you in the outside world, because like quantum leaps are a thing, So you could wake up tomorrow and get a house and get a job, and all the things fall into place in a day and you go.
Speaker 4: What the hell just happened? And that's how that's kind of how it works.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I love that so much because I think, again, such a common theme all these lessons, just like not comparing yourself to others because that's like the biggest thing is going to fuck you up, and then just listening internally and be like, Okay, well, this is obviously a season where it's a red light and you're just slowing down. But it's like, if you're looking at all the other people with green lights, how unhappy you will become.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so just yeah, worry about you and no one.
Speaker 2: To stay in your own lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love all those t t thank you so much for sharing them with you.
Speaker 2: It has been a big year for you.
Speaker 4: It's okay, I'm in a one now.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we just wanted to say a big we love you so much, say I love you also much the RNC community and me, and I'm gonna miss you so much.
Speaker 4: You gonna miss you, guys.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be the same without you, but it's not the end. You'll absolutely be back. Yeah, But yeah, we just wanted to do an episode because we didn't want you guys to be like, where's a tr what happened?
Speaker 4: I would have been so rogue.
Speaker 2: I'm so rogue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, we just wanted to be very open and honest with you. I'm so excited for you, t T. In this next season. You're also just about to go away for three weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going on a little holiday.
Speaker 1: So going holiday for three weeks. I'm so excited. And like you said, I'm sure you'll come on this podcast and we'll debrief on everything. Yeah, and it's going to be a beautiful new adventure for you. So I'm so happy for you. Thank you, and I love you so much.
Speaker 4: I love you too.
Speaker 2: And yeah, guys, it's not the end. But also small little red light moment, Yes, minor red light, minor red light. It's fine. They'll be grown on.
Speaker 1: So t T has a newsletter where she does recommendations, so we'll put that in the show notes and so you can stay in touch with her.
Speaker 2: She always has the best recommendation.
Speaker 3: No, and I kind of it's stalled. I think there's only about four up there and I started it last year. But I've enjoyed having the platform to share my Rex with the rn C fam and so you'll bring that back to life.
Speaker 2: So yes, please do ye.
Speaker 1: And also I'll text TT for Rex if I ever need sum, so we'll definitely get them all right, my loves.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 1: A big thank you TT for everything you've done at the Rise and Conquer and for just being the most amazing person. I feel like anyone who knows you from the podcast or meets you in person just knows what a beautiful like light you are and such a unique human like There is no one like you, and so we will have your back. We're all here for you, and we're so excited to see what you do next.
Speaker 4: Love you g love you Rise and Conquer fan.
Speaker 2: Oh oh bye eyes.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseanconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group a Rise and Conquer podcast community.
Speaker 2: We're an independent.
Speaker 1: Podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review
Speaker 2: On Apple Podcasts would be great.