Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Patsy, how was your weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Nice?
Speaker 3: We went over to your neck of the woods on Saturday. Actually all he's doing this acting sort of workshop every Saturday. It's been nice. Actually every Saturday we've gone to Brighton and had a lunch or a breakfast.
Speaker 1: Where do you go and have lunchrail there there?
Speaker 3: Well, the pantry is very very popular.
Speaker 1: I haven't breakfast with my one of the kids last week.
Speaker 3: Very popular, constantly packed. And then right over the road is Massy which is a stunning little it's actually a church sort of front garden, I guess. And we find ourselves there at least for coffee, if.
Speaker 1: Not for lunch.
Speaker 3: And the owner is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful lady who always comes over and remembers this each week, you know, those lovely cafe owns.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh she's just there's very special about that.
Speaker 3: Oh so love me?
Speaker 1: Do you love people.
Speaker 2: Watching around there? Because the residts of Brighton are all moneyed up, but it's all the yummy mummies. Right, they've got that kind of like high end leisure wearing if they've been working out. But it's all immaculate. Yes, it's like it's been like freshly lawned. Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, the hair that may our out us.
Speaker 2: It must be like three or four hours before you get out the house or sat there and walk that little cavoodle dog.
Speaker 3: It's a full time job. There was a couple of girls having brunch next to us. Actually it was ten thirty in the morning, and they crack opened a bottle of muwet. Oh, you're kidding, And I thought, you know what you go sisters. If I could do that, I would as well. I thought, that goes fantastic.
Speaker 1: Look at them right now.
Speaker 3: You live is short.
Speaker 2: Oh we know, we don't know what they might be celebrating someone that's right.
Speaker 3: Might yes, you're right, or they're are Grandma for the first I just any excuse is good enough for Moett At ten thirty on a Saturday morning, I say, I thought it was great. But I tell you what, Brighton people driving through Brighton do not know how to navigate a roundabout.
Speaker 2: No, I know what you mean. Whenever I have to drive over to Brighton. Right, there are three roundabouts on Church Hit about three hundred inches and none of the locals know how to navigate around.
Speaker 3: Shocking. It's like a game of Russian Roulette rio. You've got no idea they should do.
Speaker 1: The next Mad Max movie should be just on Church Street.
Speaker 3: In real time, we nearly had three We were nearly t bowing three times along those roundabouts by drivers I might adding very nice cars who just like steamroll through it and obviously have no idea that you have to give way to your right for cars that are already on the roundabout.
Speaker 1: Why do you reckon it? Is? It is Brighton entitlement. I think is money and in title and parts.
Speaker 2: Macular cars, and they think they should just been to enter their roundabouts. Also they see people like you and I and no where old money and we know we don't live locally.
Speaker 1: And also they judge your car like, oh gosh, get off the road. I'm coming through in my Cayne.
Speaker 3: I know my can and I'm sorry, but the little Yonda Tucson was no match for the Cayenne or the BMW or the Merchant got us on the third time.
Speaker 2: You've got massive like Sherman tanks sort of four boy to ferry around some little two year old on a booster seat.
Speaker 1: Are they worse than where Patsy?
Speaker 3: Oh? Great drivers.
Speaker 1: That's mainly tractors, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Those haymails dropping straw on the back.
Speaker 3: There is an on tractor, yes, somewhere of the firm market cards. But it was terrifying and the third time it happened we actually had to like slam our brakes on to avoid collision in the car. Just she just kept driving, like.
Speaker 2: Don't tell you why she's been the champagne. You don't go make up your mind. I actually, you know it's in into my the worst drivers in Melbourne. You're right, Brighton is a nightmare and it's those roundabouts. People don't know how they use the roundabouts, so they they don't know the etiquette about giving way to the right.
Speaker 3: Don't they teach that, like your girls have just recently got their license?
Speaker 1: I do think, do you know what? I think? It's not taught like that anymore. They've changed it. They have changed it.
Speaker 2: It's not ultimately they'll give way to the right. It's like that in the UK, but here it's like whoever's on the roundabout, how's control of the roundabout?
Speaker 3: Yes, so I always grew up giving way to the right, and there's just been they've sort of snuck in a change where it's like it's just whoever's their first first, come first. Yes, that's that's just bizarre, and that's anyone true.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, no one's been. They haven't updated us. So I was giving my daughter's false information. So I was going to wait here, you give way to the right. They just carry on when they don't driving instructor maybe it was one of Christian's daughters.
Speaker 3: Good luck everybody, I do believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bright are some of the worst drivers in Melbourne. The other one is than in Highway.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Oh my god. I come. I come in to work every day on that high roll.
Speaker 2: It is a nightmare, even very early night. So I get on it at five am. It's the trade's ah right. A lot of they've got They've had a lot of caffeine, some of them, you see, like with that big sort of jumbo tron, the frank green bottle of filled up with coffee and then they're chugging a monster energy drink.
Speaker 1: Right, too much, too soon?
Speaker 2: Right, and then they're doing those souped up there's the V eight sort of ute, and it's.
Speaker 1: Just like, why do you need to get to work so quickly?
Speaker 2: They must have so much meaning and purpose on that building site. They really want to get to work very quickly. I think that we need our own Trady Lane, Yes, Monster Lane.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast