Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Yesterday, Huggy came into the studio to have a quick chat with us before his show after us at nine. He'd been listening to show driving in and he was talking about a friend of his who's a locksmith and he was working on one of the most recent Star Wars movies out of Pinewood Studios and the big warant famous movie studios in London, Pinewood, right, and his mate was a locksmith. I've got no idea what locksmith is doing on Stars. They give me a coat hanger and chase after the buddies. But anyway, being Huggy's friend obviously a bit of a shady character, he borrowed something, took something from the set on the last day we all would well Star Wars.
Speaker 2: It was like a proper.
Speaker 1: Model model or something yain and had it away that would be worth thousands of thousands, you know, those geeks are like something from the actual movie and stuff like that. And it's also from a locksmith on the movie as well. That's the person. Those comic cons, they've got the biggest queue to sign up. Wait, you were the lost smith. Oh my god, that's sea with the Sith. It was locked out and didn't break the window to get in. So this morning we want to know things that you've what should we call this borrowed from work?
Speaker 2: Pinched from work?
Speaker 1: Pinched to work. Yeah, that's a polite way of doing it. You must have had some stuff away. You want the toys taking stuff home from here?
Speaker 2: Oh, stationary and stuff, but that doesn't really can I pinched?
Speaker 1: I take that as a given. With the salary, it's yourself to any stationary.
Speaker 2: I saw you in the stationary covered.
Speaker 1: With the show. That's to do with the show.
Speaker 2: I took from AFL World, which was like AFL World was in QV. It was a kids experience. You'd go in there and like meet the mascots and kick footies and that sort of thing. I worked there for only two weeks, and as I was leaving, I took one of the replica mascot heads of the Western Bulldogs. So anytime we had parties around at our house, someone would put put on the big bulldog head and walk around the party and we had that for three or four years before.
Speaker 1: That's an awesome still an actual mascot ahead, how do you walk out with that just on your head, just so you've got a gig.
Speaker 2: We do. We just put in the back of my friends there master criminals. Was that I told you he got fired for being too lazy because he slept in the store.
Speaker 1: Made for you? What a combination that a hole in the wall, gang Patsy, you Berger vouchers got sent to me that time from the crime I did not.
Speaker 3: They always, I will maintain I never took your I opened them because they were in the news pigeonhole, and I gave them back. I have probably taken the equivalent of like a pellet load of reams of paper printing out various.
Speaker 1: As during the show, after the show, there's non stop, all these sort of school projects that that's the one was the first one. Do you remember the NASA one? And he always didn't like the color tonel because you get reprinted the same page? Are you selling counterfeit?
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, that's been a lock smith required on the Star Wars sets ever since the door closed on that stormtrooper's head in the original. It's a safety thing. Come on, go on, it is all right, So what have you nicked from work? That's what we're asking you today no for one for one oh four three Phil, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning Christian, Patsy and and the other fella.
Speaker 1: Fell is Phil, Phil? What have you stole him from work or borrowed from work?
Speaker 4: I have got a couple of Mad Mex crossbow arrows from the first film that is.
Speaker 1: A great one. So last day of shooting you took them all?
Speaker 4: No, no, no. I was working at seth on a time and I had a display of two of the made Mex cars and a couple of teenagers decided they'd like those cross arrows that were in the cars on display, so they sort of stuck them in their skyrockets. And we're just being security, just sort of seeing them do it, so we walked up to them and took them back off them, and we put them in their pockets and took them home instead.
Speaker 1: What great, What a great way criminals and the hard work crime.
Speaker 4: It's a crime of convenience.
Speaker 1: Yes, sounds like a great TV show crime convenience. That is a brilliant one film. And he still got them now.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, they're locked up in a little box and the ship they're by pride and joy.
Speaker 1: Of course they all right, Phil Thank you very much. You col well, send your price.
Speaker 4: Have a good day, no worries.
Speaker 5: Thank you, bye, Mark, good morning morning. In the nineties I used to work in a nightclub known as the Kitchen in Dublin Island. One night Bono came down with you, I think it was Billy Corgan from the Fashion Pumpkins and get a lovely Sway jacket on. And he would often just turn those over the bar and say take care of this. I'll grab it from your lad. And of course you didn't, so I thought.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you that lovely that's Alice Sway jacket.
Speaker 5: I have that exactly. I tried it on its ship. I look really good in it. Oh way better little bars.
Speaker 1: Alight. Mark, thank you very much. You take care of mate. Absolutely no respectful. It's one thing to steal in another man's rock and roll sway jacket. That is there's a line sometimes, dear listener, his back. This should restore everything. Is it really who? It looks like it's been too long, hasn't it. Our good friend Brett, who was in neighbors as Ken Timmins, is good. Whatever you call the show, it's always a good story. Brett good morning, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 6: How are we?
Speaker 1: We're good? All the better from hearing from you, Brett. So is this something you stole from the neighbours set?
Speaker 6: No, no, it wasn't something I start from the neighbor said, although I did play a shifty character that as you know. But no, this is my story is of the late seventies. I used to work for the brewery and I used to knock booze off all the time as a driver. And the idea was that if you broke I used to work, I used to deliver a dozen bottles of beers and there were sixty four boxes to a palette. But if you broke a few bottles when delivering or something like that, you had to take back the bottles that were left and the tops. So when you took the tops back, you know, the three or four tops that you had, Those three or four tops were just sitting in my ashtray, and I put those in the box and keep the four bottles out of the twelve and put those into a Gladston bag. And the Gladston bag held exactly one dozen bottles of beer. And the amazing thing, you'd sneak that out once you'd finished for the afternoon or the night, and you go past the security guard. He's an extruck driver, so he knows what's in the bag.
Speaker 1: Describing how you stole the vango or something.
Speaker 2: This is like more descriptive than Ocean's eleven.
Speaker 1: And that was a three hour moon, that Gladstone bag.
Speaker 6: And the thing was when you when you bought past. Because the bag was quite heavy with a dozen bottles. So I used to put it up on my shoulder as I'm carrying it out, because I know the security guard is at the next drive and he knows. But as I do that, I walk past the intram and go off for crying out lamb. But it don't make it obvious. Just carry the bag normally, and everybody and every driver was doing it. So of course then I started seating my friend's boot and I started selling it on the side, and oh my lord, it was I started my own little entrepreneurial business.
Speaker 1: Start like a paramid scheme. It feels like this old Stowy needs his own ten podcast series, Episode one, just buying that Gladstone bag. I'm going to get what today, all right, Bra. It's always a joys a joy talking to you. Call the show anytime. We love hearing from you man. I hope you will take care.
Speaker 6: Thanks, thanks, have a great name.
Speaker 1: Gladstone.
Speaker 4: Back the Christian O'Connell Show podcast