Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Jack post Yday, guys, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Happy International Women's Day.
Speaker 2: International Women's Day, Patsy, what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 3: Speaking of Women's Day?
Speaker 4: Today, I am at a women's forum for Wyndham City Council and we've got some really great speakers at lunchtime today and then Sunday night, I'm taking Audrey to see Wicked.
Speaker 2: Oh, Patsy, I went three times with the girls. Oh really, it's incredible. I'm looking forward to Oh my god, it's amazing. You both love it. It's such a great show.
Speaker 3: Yes, So that's Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Oh, you've got a big weekend. It is your son's birthday Monday.
Speaker 5: We're going to the party supply shop after the show today.
Speaker 6: Getting in the helium balloons.
Speaker 5: I have the healium balloon already, I've got so he's doing a cow theen birthday. Everybody's invited to dress his cows as his favorite animal. I was able to get a number two balloon that is in cowprint. How I just ordered it on line. But now I've got to get the helium into it. If I get it helium today. Will it last till Monday?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think it would forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: If you go to Lombards, they have a special gas that you can pay for.
Speaker 2: Party ship supply shops have their own canister. Why can't you pick it up Sunday? Why?
Speaker 5: I didn't know if they were open Sunday and then Monday's the public holidays.
Speaker 2: Don't get it Sunday afternoon, Sunday afternoon. I bet they are open Monday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, all right, so Sunday fill it up with helium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just going Lombards and ask for the special guests because it lasts longer.
Speaker 2: I would go in today, get the other bit you need, like the candles and stuff like that, pay for the balloons, and say you be back Sunday. Ye okay, but yeah, you want to do that Sunday. It's going to be so exciting. Second and I can't wait.
Speaker 5: We've got him this little cow onesie that he's already tried on to make sure of. I'll be the big cow onesie in like farmers overalls that have cowprint on them. I'm very excited for quick.
Speaker 2: The almost two years now gone. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Spared by spared by actually actually one to two. It feels like we were just celebrating his first birthday.
Speaker 2: And you wait the next two years. It's like they change fifteen times.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he's already he already has he's.
Speaker 2: A little he is a boy now is he a boy? Baby?
Speaker 5: Especially, go haircut this week and he just looks like a boy. Yes, it's happening too fast, but I can't wait.
Speaker 1: From under the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what are you giving your double thumbs up to? What have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 4: Well, look, I've only got one thing, but it is a ripper. In fact, I would nearly stick my neck out and say it is probably the one of, if not the best thing I have ever brought to the table for double thumb drum roll. So we have found the best coffee beans and they have actually been voted as the world's best coffee beans. And not from where you would think. It's not some sort of special larder or posh sort of deli. It's at Aldi and they.
Speaker 2: Are the way you spat daddy.
Speaker 4: They are Lazio. We get the dark ones, they have medium, get a whiff.
Speaker 5: Of that Jakey, I'm not a big whippy drinker.
Speaker 2: Me and my daughter are. When we have a little tiny coffee machine. They're good, They're brilliant. Are they what they called it? Single origin?
Speaker 3: What does it say, Jake? I just get the dark beans to you, the whole buck.
Speaker 5: I don't see single origin here, so they could be getting them from all over the places.
Speaker 2: I'll try those.
Speaker 4: SO'SI lat's you all? And it's actually voted world's best.
Speaker 5: Who buy because they've just put their own little sticker.
Speaker 2: On here handed out when they go the.
Speaker 6: World's Best Coffee.
Speaker 5: Any regional bakery you go to has the best pie votered twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: The Australia is Lazio Coffee Beans just one gold at the twenty twenty four World Series of the Gold Coffee Bean Awards, earning the official title of the World's Best.
Speaker 2: Feels like we're watching it right now.
Speaker 3: The smell is so good, the oscars.
Speaker 4: The way you've been this speech like thirty forty bucks for a bag, These are like twelve or thirteen, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Wow, my drop world. Yeah that's best. Okay, Jackie boy, what are you giving a double thumbs up to? This week? What have you enjoyed?
Speaker 5: This is what we're still cycling through. Three shows at the moment, Boyce Swallow's Universe One Day, and the new episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm, the only show that it shouldn't work like this, but season on season gets funnier.
Speaker 2: Which one Curb you'r enthusias? Oh my God?
Speaker 6: Have you seen this? Have you seen this week?
Speaker 5: So we're one episode behind, Oh my God?
Speaker 2: And very sad. One of the one of the all time great comedians, Richard Lewis, who's been one of the main stays and is Larry actually in real life. Larry David's oldest friend passed away last week. And I love how Richard Lewis improvises everything he did in that show. And sometimes you'll see he generally made eld laugh and it's a joy because Larry is enjoying the ad lib line that rich has just given it. You can it's such a such a great show.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Two things I've really enjoyed this week. One it is kind of enjoyed it, but it has broken me one day.
Speaker 5: What happens at the end?
Speaker 2: Just give up the book? The book came out about fifteen years ago. Right, it's sold millions, and people are watching the show and they're they're they're enjoying it. It's a beautiful, one of the best dramas I've seen in years. It's so well done. Half an hour episode. It's not your whole night, but it's so dumb. But the final two episodes, my daughter didn't know how it's going to wind. Right, she's seventeen. She hadn't read the book. She came downstairs and we were about to watch the last two episodes last night, and I knew how it's going to end. And she goes, Dad, you didn't tell me. You should have prepared me. I went, oh, what have you found out?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: I've been on TikTok. I can't watch it, she said, I can't handle this. I'm doing the year twelve. He goes, you're not going to watch it? Are You? Went? Yeah, yeah, because but you know how it ends. I went, I know. She goes, but why why do people make sad things like this is We had a big chat for twenty minutes, like a proper father daught chat. I said, because it reminds us, Why do you why do you like Tedy Swift, you have to talk about this stuff. You have to. You have to because actually it reminds us to live well. It will be really sad, but I had no idea it broke me. It's almost making me tear up now just the thought of it. And you know, we get so involved in a story you think it's real. I'm still processing it a day later. Don't watch it. Finish it on episode eleven and tell yourself they got.
Speaker 5: Together, they made it. They don't do it, live happily ever after.
Speaker 2: Don't do it.
Speaker 5: I'm not in year twelve, so I don't have to worry about my.
Speaker 2: I swear to God. Right. So my wife didn't want to watch it either, because she read the book right. So I shut myself away and watch them. At one point I got a text message from my wife that went, we're worried about you. We can hear sobbing in there. Are you okay? And I went, don't come in as bad. And when you did the well, I came out and I was a mess. And I said to both that you did the right thing. That has just hollered me out. It's beautifully done.
Speaker 5: But I love the characters so much and I do tell.
Speaker 2: You what I do, tell you what right. I went to bed last night and it really made me. It changed the way I thought about my life right now, and that's an amazing thing. Any any TV show, drama, or song that can make you do that. It does break your heart, but it doesn't it doesn't leave you. Know. Sometimes you actually are like, why did they do that to me? Why would you do that? It doesn't. It doesn't do that. It breaks it wide open to remind you that actually things do go away, but also things are there right now and that's where true happiness is. So I can't recommend it enough. But if you don't have your heart broken and it's heartbreaking, finish it at episode eleven and just tell yourself they.
Speaker 5: Got after In TV shows like I Choose Your Own Adventure? Do you want any your real.
Speaker 2: Well, it shows the heartbreaking one and the other thing completely kind of a different show. It's Her Place by Tom Hanks Steven Spielberg. If you love Band of Brothers, which everybody should watch Band of Brothers. It tells such an incredible story and a true life story as well. About the Second World War. They produced a new show called Masters of the Air it is so good. Austin Butler' isn't it. Who is amazing in it? Elvis and Barry Keohen, who I think is in every other movie at the moment. He's so great. It was great in Salt BM. It's called Masters of the I think it's on Apple TV. That is brilliant. We're only three episodes in, but it's very, very good.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian no connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good on into Jody Roberts already at work, Christian. I am listening, but I came in part way through double thumbs up? What was the TV show you were talking about? Jody? Listen. I don't take questions. You need to sit down at the start of the show with a notepad one day. But I've warned you just just go into it knowing, okay, full disclosure. That is a full on roller coaster ride. Do some research before you start to dive into one day. All right, So this week then, Footy back. We don't need to talk about the result last night.
Speaker 6: It's worth mentioning congratulations.
Speaker 2: To the Swans. I went to bed grumpy Football's back. I found I was clearing up the house yesterday evening. Everyone else was asleep and I was like Indes, I was like, this is what it is to be a fan. You had all that expectation. Did you actually watch the whole game? We're good at better. I think a lot of people watching. Did the the strap liner actually came up a halftime Dowur game? I was like, Dowur is it's not really a sort of footy fans phrase, is it? Dour game?
Speaker 5: It's not the block person opening we were hoping for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we have our Footy Wall of Fame. It's actually a wall that's in Ligon straight and on Monday it starts to be painted with all the legends that we don't know about that you're telling us about this week. So it's a Footy all of fame with monic feel confident tackling your next painting project and achieving the perfect finish. Monarch painting made easy available at Bunning's warehouse. So if there's anyone that we need to know about who we don't need to know about, it's not just the big names that we're all familiar with who are legends, it's the other known ones. Like if you're a super fan, we'd love to put some of the super fans up there nine four one four one o four three. Good morning Belinda. Hello, So Blinda, tell us about superfan. You know.
Speaker 8: Oh look, she's just she's the number one. Her name is Nellie. I'm a last style coordinator and I work out of a nursing home. We have a resident named Nellie. When you guys mentioned this on Monday that you're going to do the Wall of Fame, the first person I thought of with her. You have no idea. She is ninety six years old and she's been a fan her whole life. She's got three generations under her day. She's also she was the beginning of the cheer squad. So she we're going back way.
Speaker 5: What team did she follow?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm really sorry to say, but it was Sydney Swans. I think we last night, I think didn't we beat you Christian?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just as forgot there was an extra courter. That's all it is.
Speaker 8: Well, you know what, with this week being the week it is, and then they've won the game last night, I think this is a time I want Nellie up there. She's such a beautiful soul. You have no idea.
Speaker 2: So well, I love you, Carrie. You were as well Belinda, So where is the nursing home? Where are you? Guys?
Speaker 8: Wearing Glenroy were called Colton Close and we're under the Benettetz branch. I've been there a year and that's when I met Nellie and I have to share a funny story when I first met Nellie and then I found out that she actually was still going to the games last year.
Speaker 2: I looked at her, So she's ninety six, she's still going to the games.
Speaker 8: Well that's the thing. Last year, up until last year, she was. But this year, with some declining health issues, Dave has decided maybe it's better and Nellie's not attend the game. So this year she's telling me at the moment that she won't be attending the games. And this is the very other reason I called you, you know, for somebody who's entire world in life before she could walk, has been going through the game and this year she cannot. And I just a wonderful way it is. It is, you know, most of us cope with change in life, and this generations have been through everything they really are, but this, you know, I know it must be breaking her. So I just thought, oh, what a wonderful way to celebrate her.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you, Belinda. That's what a magical thing you're doing for an awesome lady as well. Yeah, I'm looking at a photo of her room. Nellie is the smallest part of it. It looks like some sort of museum of the Swans. Every every inch of her room is decked out with pictures, mementoes, merchandise and Swans over the years. She really is I think Australia's biggest AFL super fan.
Speaker 7: She really is.
Speaker 8: I'm really I really can tell you that the truth. She really is.
Speaker 2: Great. Well, listen, thank you very much Belinda about telling us about Nellie. Okay, okay, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. I have a wall on lig On Street, not just any wall on the Bally on lie On streets. Your foody heroes.
Speaker 5: The Nuffies, the earliest up on the Bally from groundsand to goods.
Speaker 9: Everyone is welcome, just not calling ward.
Speaker 2: All right. We're looking for super fans to go up on our footy Wall of Fame. It starts being painted next week. It's up on lig On Street. There are eight spots. We think we should have some super fans out there. We've just heard about an amazing lady. Ninety six year old superfans Swan Superman Nelly. Are you a super fan? If you are, should you be going up on our wall of fame?
Speaker 1: Carla Bryer know you're listening to the Christian Know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello Christian, I'm sending this email on behalf of my mom because she doesn't have to use a computer.
Speaker 6: Hello Ellie, your mom's assistant.
Speaker 2: We were in the shops yesterday and we walked past a pop up shop that had these little charms that you put on crocs, and she thought Jack Posts might be interested in them. I'm today what a sight.
Speaker 5: Actually comfortable.
Speaker 2: She took photos insisted that I send them to They are attached below. On a side note, Christian, I love crocs. They have the practicality of thongs, but our way and there's about five whys here way more comfortable. Please have a good show today. Thank you very much. You also heard the last half an hour. We're all praying right now, Ellie on behalf of her mum. Car thank you very much for that as well. I think there's a name for those that all spoke those things you brought on the crocs.
Speaker 5: Gibble bits or something.
Speaker 2: Is it giblets?
Speaker 6: What is it rio?
Speaker 2: Do you know? I think what's the name for them? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm not a massive nerd, but I think.
Speaker 2: Well, a you are and me find out what it is, all right. So we're looking for footy super fans. The reason why we're doing this is we are building this week and next week our footy Wall of Fame, and up on our wall of fame. It's not just the legends that we know about. It's other legends we know nothing about who deserve to be up on our footy Wall of Fame nine four one four one oh four three. Right now, we're looking for super fans to be immortalized up there, like you, Leanne. Good morning, LeAnn.
Speaker 10: Morty Christian. I'm super honored to be nominated. This is just fantastic.
Speaker 6: So Lean sounds like you're on the way somewhere.
Speaker 2: You're you're a Pies super fan, right I am.
Speaker 10: I'm actually one of the calling the chief squad leaders. So there's a few of us, and yes, I'm I'm heading to the airport now off to the GWS game for tomorrow night.
Speaker 11: Oh wow, on my way right early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are a proper fan committed. And so you've got the cheers squad. What the noises cheers squad there is is the Conningwood one. And have you got any banners with you?
Speaker 10: I've got my banners that I hold out the game.
Speaker 12: But the banner is traveling.
Speaker 10: Up with the players, so it's all wrapped and tap and everything, and we made it.
Speaker 8: Last night so it's.
Speaker 10: On its way so well will be with the players today.
Speaker 2: But you've got your own banner.
Speaker 12: I held I hold up the banner every week.
Speaker 10: I've got my little headshake for him which I hold us and my daughter holds up.
Speaker 13: So yeah, we have I love that.
Speaker 2: And is that with the hand like as you put that in the suitcase? You don't trust baggage handles to damage that precious cargo.
Speaker 12: That's that's actually in my in my suitcase because you can't take the sticks.
Speaker 2: Through no banners on board says that doesn't with the air of soul grenade and that hangar.
Speaker 12: I have my little moraccas which I shave through.
Speaker 2: The game of footy in Australia. Is the moracas. You're right? How lovely? The game the slip and rack is going off for five minutes.
Speaker 10: Correct, correct a war cry and people in the next.
Speaker 2: Biger Oh.
Speaker 6: Please, I want to hear the war cry.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: Have you got it in you to do some of the war cry right now?
Speaker 7: For us?
Speaker 12: I haven't done it for six months. I hope I have. I don't do a good justice. Do you want me to do it straightaway?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 2: And the Maracas, there's a lot going on now. I understand why the Pies are so dominant times the players, the rival teams. That with the Moraccas.
Speaker 12: I've been doing it to Sporting I don't even realize I'm doing it now now.
Speaker 2: You obviously are a big super fan. Now, Leanna, I bet you can't wait for the seasons be back. Huge game, isn't it against the Giants?
Speaker 10: I've missed it, so my question they're not.
Speaker 12: They're they're making out that I hate us, but yeah, that's part of the game. Everybody hates calling. That's the way it is.
Speaker 2: A good listen, you had it. You've had a great season half with mcflying. It was an awesome grand finale, so.
Speaker 6: I understand you.
Speaker 2: You also, you're the fan of the Year last year by the actual a f L. You're the m v P Yeah is that right? Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 12: Want I won the number one pans from the AHL Association.
Speaker 11: Of you.
Speaker 12: So I didn't nominate myself. Somebody else did like and has done for me. And yeah, I guess because I've been in the Chies squad thirty years, people know me now, so.
Speaker 10: I tried.
Speaker 2: Understand the moroccas don't forget as well. Yeah, Jack asked what do you win as like Fan of the Year. What do you get?
Speaker 12: Oh, you're little bit disappointed. A friend certificate.
Speaker 2: You get is a frame thing you could have made itself.
Speaker 6: Shame on, Shame on AFL house.
Speaker 5: It's not exactly the car they get. The goal of the year mark.
Speaker 12: Was the claim to the fame and people. And I think a few.
Speaker 10: Interviews as well, So something I've never done before and people now know that we're not all horrible and some of us.
Speaker 12: Do have tastes.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I have a say trip, enjoy the game and lovely speak to a genuine big super fan.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much. I'm super on it. Thank fan.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, we're moving on from hearing about super fans. If you have someone, maybe you who's a footy super fan might be putting you on our Footy Wall of Fame up on lig On Street next week. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A you like Madison Klinburg. Christian, I want to call the swarning but I couldn't pick up the phone because I start crying and you wouln't be to understand me. This is a lovely story about a dad, Colin. My dad Colin was the biggest Melbourne fan you can meet. He became a fan in around nineteen sixty five at the age of nine because his cousin was dating Tazie Johnson, who was a player at the time, and Taz gifted my dad of football signed by the whole team that year and that's when the obsession started. Unfortunately, Dad used to kick this obviously coveted ball around as a kid and kept kicking it into mums clean washing out the line Wait for this bit. I used to keep kicking into mums clean washing. My mum lost it one day chopped the ball in half with an axe. Oh wow hashtag austraya mums have axes to get through a full share and such a vivid mister have from child.
Speaker 3: Some sacrificial smarter saying, if you keep kicking that one more.
Speaker 2: Time, I get your dad's as he was, he stormed despite this, I mean that would turn a kid off footy. Such a thing, it's like normal bait side. He was dedicated to boy his whole life, never missed a game, even through many rough years. He never left early. Unfortunately passed away at the age of seventeen November. Is health declined fast and I was just careing for the last two years. He's still been spirit cheering on the d's this year. That's exactly how we shed half on the wall.
Speaker 5: Do we have him or do we have Mumba as it's.
Speaker 2: Quite an image if I'm driving along round like on straight out what to fame was someone with an axe dropping a ship off Madison. Thank you very much about telling telling us about dad as well. It's a beautiful story, all right. So a friend of mine is starting a new job Monday, and for the first time in his working career, he's got to wear a hat as part of his job. And so this morning I want to know do you have to wear a hat for your job? Nine four one four one oh four three tell us what's your job and what's your hat? Steve? Good morning, Hi Christian.
Speaker 9: I work in the natural girls industry. All of their play work in the field, including myself. We know that there are a hard hat and during the summer months, that hard hat has to have a sun brim and a legionance flap on it.
Speaker 2: Hell, that's quite a get up for you guys. Isn't it all year round?
Speaker 9: All year round?
Speaker 2: Man? So I must get boiling under that. You haven't just got one hat, You've got a couple of different ones.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, we've got a hat within a the sun brim and the flat there and the backs coat the sun off your neck.
Speaker 5: And no one has a longer Legionaire's flap than the posty. It's like a cape.
Speaker 2: It covers like a month flap.
Speaker 9: But you know, with sun smart these days, that's what it's required, and we have to cover. We've got full risk to wrist to ankle cover as well. So you're not laying ever rolled up with you.
Speaker 2: You're basically basically a moving tent, aren't you. Basically with some eye A little bit.
Speaker 5: Like that, all quite right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You think cover up the fingertips, the nails, everything, put you in assorbing ball. All right, Steve, thank you very much. She col have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Yesterday it was Parents Evening.
Speaker 2: Even though it's the afternoon, it's all online now, they're all online for you in audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got it next Wednesday.
Speaker 6: It's soon.
Speaker 2: They've only just got back. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it's usually March and about sort of September. We don't worry about September. We figure he's already.
Speaker 5: Can you don't go to parent teacher interviews at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: No, you don't need to, Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do understand. I mean there's a certain casualty that kicks in towards the end of the year, is it?
Speaker 5: You know what can they change now?
Speaker 2: Really? Even I said to Lois, do you need me to do that? She's like, yeah, I mean year twelve, it's like really important, right, my wife has been away for a couple of days. So I did the four things. So she's got obviously reduced sort of subjects down in the year twelve. And so anyway I thought she was I didn't realize she was in the house. So I'm starting to have a session one on one you only literally get five minutes. It's like speed Dane. They just sort of go any questions and you go, no, that that's all great, good luck, because that's what you need to say if you're trying to teach my seventeen year old to I'm like, good luck, thank you for doing you r bit, timwork, Tim work? Can I buy you something? Anyway? This guy, let's just call him mister mister, he was a music teacher, and you can tell he was a music teacher throight away from his attire.
Speaker 3: Ah, what was he wearing, Dickie bow.
Speaker 2: You ain't the piano, you ain't the mass teacher, I'm guessing. So so anyway, our friend with the he left like a keyboard player from an like Pudo echo or something, you know, dickibo one. He goes, and you know, hopefully by now, mister O'Connell, you know you're hearing because it was music, and her music the way she gets a grade this year, it's all one hundred percent on performance. She's not doing music theory. She found that very boring, right, So he said, hopefully by now should be hearing at least half an hour of practice a day. And I went, mister mister, between you and I, I ain't hearing anything right, what instrument? All of a sudden I hear this, This is not true, Lois, and even he went, Lois is here? I went, I didn't know where she'd been croushed on the floor, eavesdropping right right, and he looks at me, and when I'm very sorry about this, mister, mister, and I went, I didn't know you were down there. And then I said, you might as well come in and say hello. No, so she puts her head. We should have filmed this right. She goes hello, mismister, and he goes, hello, Lois, do you want to sit in on this? And she goes, what dad said, this isn't true, and then she turned. Then she could throw his middle of bus. Just the other week, you said, don't worry, you can over rehearse, sometimes, says practice. Nearer the session. I went, I'm sure I didn't say that, and he goes, well, that's not very good advice, mister, I don't. I'm pretty sure we My daughter and I then get an argument that because anyway, time's up right now went you created this yesterday evening, I said, half an hour practice, I'm not hearing any practice now so so yeah, she actually photo bom the entire parents Even thing yesterday Christian Connell's show podcast, Patsy, What's going on with your Mate?
Speaker 4: I sort of drove into work today feeling like I was a gangster coming over the West Gate Bridge because my car's kind of bouncing a bit funny and sort.
Speaker 2: Of feels like the time the rider style.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: West Virginia Westate. Anyway, they feel.
Speaker 4: Like the tires sort of feel like they're on marshmallows, and I sort of look down at the gearshift and I have done something. I dropped my phone yesterday when I pulled up, and I've obviously tipped this button called sport mode.
Speaker 2: But we had the button last I've got sport something called traction mode. When do you need that? In the pe traction mode and your comfort I live in comfort mode, okay, and occasional I'm nudge onto sport and it feels quite frightening. It's like an angry monster. It's also run away.
Speaker 5: It's a just faster, like accelerate faster.
Speaker 4: It's kind of bouncier, to be honest, Jack, I sort of feel like I'm going up and down over rocks.
Speaker 2: It's like hoon mode is what that should be called for, right, it's hoon racing mode. Another thing that you do. You guys have this where it's some sort of safety feature, a corrective steer. Yeah, right, that thing is terrifying. It's actually more changs I understand. Is if people have a little micro dose and it's meant to sort of steer you out of an oncoming like truck or something. However it's never used that. It's like when I'm just doing a normal safe maneuver, things me violently when I always have to remark it that has got self aware. It's trying to kill me.
Speaker 5: It does this to be anchor as well. It's because you guys aren't using you indicator.
Speaker 6: I'm indicating. If I'm indicating that car.
Speaker 2: Is still doing it. It's become self aware. I think Sue the boss has cut some leaves.
Speaker 4: I can even go too close to the white line. I get an alarm with mine. Have you got an alarm on your?
Speaker 2: Oh god? Yeah, these cars these days are so needy.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm not living that park.
Speaker 2: That park assist as well, has turned a lot of people into very bad drivers because no one knows how to normally part. Now they use the computer thing and so what happens is it starts yelling at you when it's still about another two feet people get out the car's an there's still another meter and a half. We could back your arse into that. So do you not know how to deactiv it?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to tell the love God can he fix it? Because you'll just you go, Petrina.
Speaker 5: But it's just a button, right, yeah, buttons off.
Speaker 2: Let's put Daisy driving Miss Patsy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The last hour of the show, one big juke box. You pick all the music. We call it the Naked Hour.
Speaker 14: O Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour. An nig nick nick nig naked our naked hour, Oh nig egg egg, they get our, they get our.
Speaker 2: Today on International Women's Day, we want songs with women's names in the title.
Speaker 4: Patsy Yeah, Betty Davis Chu screen actress.
Speaker 3: Yeah by Kim Khnes.
Speaker 4: But Betty was known as an actress, you know, playing strong independent woman.
Speaker 3: So this is my choice this week.
Speaker 15: Oh she's aspas she's had a day.
Speaker 4: This is yeah, number one for nine weeks picked though like physical, same year A Physical by liy Livia John was out.
Speaker 3: She was ten weeks at number one that same year.
Speaker 2: It's so strange when you talk about number one used to be a thing like a very very big Would you have no idea? Who is at number one in the Do they still call it the hit parade? And you actually sell actual physical singles to actual physical thing was now it's streamed and downloads.
Speaker 6: Jackie bar what are you going?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 6: A great song with a woman's name in it.
Speaker 5: This song is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine Mandy by Barry Menilo.
Speaker 2: You don't have no guilt about this? This is a banger, will you? This is the key changes.
Speaker 5: It wasn't until I was looking at the song last night that I learned it was a originally a British song Brandy by a guy called Scott English before Barry Menilo did it.
Speaker 2: And this is what genius does, bas At Manlow, here is that hold my beer? This is how you do that. It's Mandy or gets changed, this gets made.
Speaker 5: All I did say was Barry Manilow changed the name for the American market.
Speaker 6: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: It's likely sped up as well. You should never have a guilty pleasure about Barry Manilow. He hits some of his hits as well. I'm going to go for this one. So you want a great song by a great singer with a great woman's name in it, I give you Olivia and John Xanadu.
Speaker 5: Hey, how dare you name Xanadu?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sure somebody is what great if you have?
Speaker 2: If you're pregnant right now? And you know, I don't know what to call my daughter Xanadu.
Speaker 5: I never heard that, na laughing.
Speaker 2: I've got a couple of friends in my phone, Xanadu won two and three. I just separate them the ZANU's, I call them Xenu's.
Speaker 5: I didn't even think of someone's name in the movie. Wasn't it a planet?
Speaker 2: Promotional planet the whole time? What were they thinking of moves? That is a stranger movie? Do you remember I made you watch it?
Speaker 5: My god?
Speaker 2: That was boring, But this is a hell of a tune and a great women's name. If you called Xanadu, please call the show. We got the phones and melting Yeah, see what have I done?
Speaker 13: All?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Then? What are the great songs we should play from eight this morning with the women's name in the title nine four one four one o four three Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'carl's show podcast.
Speaker 2: To say a text message from my seventeen year old daughter. Word has obviously reached her that I was talking half an hour ago about this parents. Even I was on zoom yesterday when I started to stay to teach her. Accused my daughter of not doing any homework and I didn't realize she was eavesdropping and then crashed zoom thing. I just said, he've been talking smack about me.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get beat up in the corner.
Speaker 2: Tonight's scar by the Girls.
Speaker 6: Christian.
Speaker 2: What about the song Kayleie, huge song in the eighties, Yes by Meridian. We see if we can dig that out. We're looking for songs today on International Women's Day with a women's name in the title of nine four one far one oh four three. Are you guys familiar with the song Janine by Lee Cernahan. I don't know. Janine, hi country song, Australian country song about a female, hard working farm hand. I see if we can dig that out as well. Let's go to h This is Tiffany. Yes, Tiffany, Tiffany, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 13: How are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Tiffany. What song should we play today?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 13: It's got to be breakfast at Tiffany's.
Speaker 2: I see now because yeah, I get it. Yeah, we haven't got the clip for some reason. The team haven't loaded up. But that is a brilliant song.
Speaker 13: Everyone's got to have breakfast at Tiffany's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great song. All right, thank you very much to give us a call. Hello is this Michelle?
Speaker 16: Yes, Hi Christian.
Speaker 13: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Michelle? You having a good week so far? What song can we play? You?
Speaker 8: Rio by Durandery.
Speaker 2: Although have we met any ladies cooled by.
Speaker 6: Reception?
Speaker 2: I mean chattel the ladies? Great tune, Michelle, have a nice weekend. That's got to Sharon. Good morning, Sharon, Sharon. Michelle's back. Jay, what is going on? Gremlin? JJ? This is Jay? Yep?
Speaker 5: Are you down a mind shaft?
Speaker 11: J J?
Speaker 6: It's everything all right? Do you need us to send out yep?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 6: Hello Jay? What song should we play today?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Sweet Caroline?
Speaker 7: Neil Diamond, there.
Speaker 2: Was word there to get this brilliant song good never zey yesterday during the footy. Do you know they have these DJs these days? They play the chiefs, So we need to check he's all right. Actually he did sound like he was in some distress. Karen's on the line now, come morning, Karen, Hi, Hi, how are you? I'm good? Karen? Yeah, Karen? What song can we play with the woman's name of the title?
Speaker 13: Rihannon my Fleetwood Max Yeah.
Speaker 6: I keep the suggestions coming. Nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 6: Time Now for this week's Genius of the Week.
Speaker 2: What every Friday we give you the chance to own whatever city dumb thing we all get to do day to day being a human. You can share it on a Friday and go into the weekend. Cleansed genius, smart Einstein Genius of the Week. I was whipper snipping the dog area and I must have missed it picking up the poop, and I've hit it with the whipper snipper and next thing has just gone everywhere. I drove to the.
Speaker 6: Shop and walked home forgiving.
Speaker 13: I had a car.
Speaker 11: You know those springles, the long cylinder ones.
Speaker 7: Got my hand caught.
Speaker 13: In it and I'm hitting this thing that hard that I'll smashed my drink.
Speaker 5: That was a name.
Speaker 13: My drink's gone everywhere, and I'm just like mortified.
Speaker 2: I've done that before you and wish that you think. Imagine if I died now, what a horrible way and they discovered me dead with my hand in the print cools thing?
Speaker 5: This is it need to be a bit wide?
Speaker 2: Yes, it does, all right? Genius the week, like Justine wants to nominate herself. Why she genius? This week got her arms stuck in the vending machine at work whilst desperately trying to collect my coke and chocolate at the same time. Those things are ferocious. Why does that jaw need to be so heavy? And why can't it be higher at eye level that you put your hand in? Why are you going to get it's not on the floor. The ledge of the machine had not dropped properly, and I put my hand in, grabbed the chocolate with my pointer and index finger. The kirk got wedged between the sidewalk and the drop shelf. After a good five minutes to maneuver the chocolate, the chocolate broken half. Oh no, just enough to make the little gap, thankfully, it was prior to the lunchtime rush, so I didn't have to explain why I was sitting on the floor with my arm stuck in the machine. I was one saying London at Waterloo Station there was someone trapped their arm was trapped in a vending machine right, and the police were there, and I said, you know, why don't we start to rock it? And this this police officer said, it is a legal, sir, to interfere, And I said, how's you going to get out? This poor guy was lying there, It's been there a while, it's suit, briefcase and all this. It was like rush out eighty kent of wanting to say, you have to call the fire brigade, and only the fire brigade. They then have to ring the vending company to get their permission to break it open. So I don't know if it's illegal to interfere with the vending machine here. I've got no idea, all right.
Speaker 6: So why are you a genius this week? Nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 2: And as an extra incentive, we have one thousand dollars to give away for a caller of the week, So it might be your story about what you've done this Week.
Speaker 1: The Christian Know Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You know, during the day, you've got eighteen different sort of hard drives in your head. You know this, I've got to do that, and you're not. You're doing something, you're not really doing it one hundred percent. I try to get into somebody else's car that I thought was mine and the guy was with his young kin. Can I help you, mate? Moby actually sounded like her confused. It wasn't even aggressive. I think he felt like this guy, this guy's got something going on, and he did that thing with st We sort of moved up behind him like I might be.
Speaker 6: I felt so bad.
Speaker 2: Genius sorry Einstein. Genius of the Week, Christian. Anyone that sticks their hand into a Pringles tube should be nominated for Genius a week. Everyone knows you can just tip it up and get the chips out right. No, not when it's down there, Because you do that, you get all that debris.
Speaker 5: You get the crumb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, should to your mouth like a funnel.
Speaker 5: You're not putting full previce straight into the absolutely no, no.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 6: Standards, standards, tip.
Speaker 2: I'm still Wednesday.
Speaker 6: I am proud to be called such a thing.
Speaker 2: Like a spray from Sam Kur Then, ah right.
Speaker 5: Everyone knows already that yesterday you didn't want to repeat.
Speaker 4: What was the different context? Different, different context. When it comes to chips, we got called.
Speaker 2: We won't chip, bring our mouth. I've got this image. Now, Patsy off the show forcing us.
Speaker 13: They make.
Speaker 3: When it comes to chips, it's no rules. Maybe we should have kept that for the six o'clock hour, but anyway, sorry, no, it's seventeen.
Speaker 6: The placing isn't the problem. Okay.
Speaker 2: Wow, feels like Patsy's nominated herself with that break for the week. Let's go to the callers.
Speaker 7: Lara, good morning, Good morning, Christian, I am your genius of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what have you done? Well?
Speaker 7: I get up and go to the gym before work in the morning, So it's.
Speaker 8: About five am. I get out to my car, open the door, pitch black, sit down.
Speaker 7: Thirty seconds later, I realized I'm in the passenger seat waiting for someone.
Speaker 13: To drive me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, yeah, you just got all going on that drop down list in your heads. You're not really aware of what you're doing.
Speaker 7: No, And it wasn't a short amount of time either.
Speaker 13: And then I had to do the awkward open the door, shuttle around to the other side.
Speaker 8: Thankfully it's still really dark by ones around.
Speaker 6: Ye love that one, Laura, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend. Let's go to Tania now. Good morning, Tanya, good morning.
Speaker 13: I'm actually the genius of the week.
Speaker 2: What have you done.
Speaker 8: We were having dinner the other night and I was getting frustrated because the table was just wobbling.
Speaker 13: Kids are driving me in that.
Speaker 7: So I go and chock up the table bloody wobbling.
Speaker 16: So I moved a bit of cardboard again and I couldn't work out why it wasn't working.
Speaker 12: And Hubby to the rest of it, comes over and goes, you actually chopped up the chair leg.
Speaker 2: Wrong leg? Yeah, okay, Hey, Tanya, thank you very much. She called. Let's go to Luke. Good morning, Luke, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good Luke? And uh Luke, why are you genius this week?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 11: My daughter's a journeus of the week. She I asked her to put the washing machine on and put some soap in it, and she managed to put the soap in the clothes dryer and phone closed dry off.
Speaker 2: So we've put the phone in there.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every Friday. On the show, we'd have to share own the silly, dumb things we do during the week. We called it Genius the Week. Why are you genius? This week? Nine four one four one four three. Ben's a genius? This week? My work told me that they booked a flight for me on the stay. My wife took the day off work to take me to the airport. That's a lovely thing to do. I should have checked if the ticket was next Thursday or this Thursday. I think I'll be taking uber next week when the flight. This wife start talking to me.
Speaker 5: I've been I've been done exactly that. I've been to the airport a week earlier. Yeah, and you get to the nurse and they're like, oh, this is next Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I just want to do a dry run. Check my time in Niki.
Speaker 6: Hello, Nikki, Hi Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good Nicki, and hope you had a good week. Thanks for cooling the show. Now what have you done? Mate? Why happened this week? Why are you a genius?
Speaker 13: I'm definitely your genius Over the week. I'm a sales reap. So I pulled up out the front of my pharmacy that I was calling on and got to have the car, went in, did my call in the pharmacy, came back out, got in my car, got my laptop out, was putting the order in though the on the laptop. I'm sitting there for about twenty minutes finish my order. Went to put my laptop in the back of the car, realized I was in someone else's car. There was a baby seat in the mat.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, I had to get and they were like, she looks like she's really busy. Try hard process that order and give them an invoice number and they have finished her tasks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything done.
Speaker 13: Turned around the baby seat.
Speaker 2: I thought, I've got a couple of quick calls to making a zoom A, you're okay, just to get a drink or something, thank you. Maybe people should hire out office respect hot sharing. If your cars parked somewhere for an hour or two, can someone use it? I love the idea of having a meeting with someone you getting him from two sides of the car. Hello Derek, Hello Malcolm. Now we've got this for half an hour, and then she needs to go and pick up some try cleaning. H Nikki, that's a great one, very funny. Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Have a lovely weekend, Holly.
Speaker 16: Hi Christian, I'm definitely your genius of the week.
Speaker 2: What have you done?
Speaker 16: I'll let Missa the scene for you. So it's peak hour Melbourne Central Station, really long escalator, wearing a nice shirt on my way to work and a max skirt with an elastic waist. It's really comfortable. I get to the top of the escalator, my skirt gets stuck in the escalator. I think you can see where I'm going this nice comfortable elastic waste mate, So it.
Speaker 12: Just gets sucked right off.
Speaker 16: In a split second, the whole escalator gets jammed with my skirt. So I'm standing at the top of an escalator, peak hour Melbourne Central Station, stop escalator in my underpair.
Speaker 2: Basically doing an impromptu strip tease. Yeah right, what do you? What did you do? Holly? What happened next?
Speaker 16: A very nice man who gave me his jackets tire around our waist?
Speaker 2: Is the atman?
Speaker 16: Yes? Yes, And then I went to work in a in a skirt that was aid.
Speaker 2: She's in the Yes. Later she got gone back again. It's never ending for this poor woman. We'll get you out. Don't worry down to Melbourne Central all units, Sarah, Good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: My husband I think is your genius of the week.
Speaker 2: What's he done?
Speaker 8: He lost?
Speaker 7: He's reading glasses, super frustrated looking for ages and then he deduced that the local raven who lives around our area must have stolen them.
Speaker 6: Well in the Tower of London, I mean Magpie is.
Speaker 2: And also the local is that local raven.
Speaker 5: He's been watching me.
Speaker 2: He's here with a bad crowd, conspiracy local ravens.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 2: Did he find the glasses?
Speaker 7: I found the glasses down next to the car.
Speaker 2: Seat passt raven moved exactly where subterfuge. Yes, yes he probably did that poor woman's skirt as well. Were these local ravens farther bigger gang at the moment.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Best in Show Today. I'm the time Wasterer. Double pass to go and see the Rocky Horror Show. Great night, ow SIRR and Jason Donovan Joel Creasy on now at the Ethna and book now at Rocky Horror dot com dot au. It is the Oscars on Monday. So to down the time waste we want you to put a band in a movie. Band in a movie. Wham, We're a great band. Oh my god, Sylvester Stallone's joined them. That's right. Wambold saving Private Brian Adams. That Canadian, I'm saying, they're saving it. Oh you're back around. We'll put you in a SimBin broken out.
Speaker 3: That's like this shining past.
Speaker 2: He's got two cans of Prinkle's Fun after the show, Jack John whiding up those gullets. Ferris Buner's day off Spring, Silver and the Police Police Academy, The Police Police Academy, Jackie Boy, put a band in a movie.
Speaker 5: Batman and Grobin, Yeah, Iggy Poppenheimer.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's good. That's gold. That's very good.
Speaker 5: Oh, Chemical Brothers, where are there?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: To Silver Bluss and Thelma and lou Reed. Oh that's gold plus, very very good. All right, what have you got them? Put a band in a movie and text it into oh full seventy five three one O four three. Good luck.
Speaker 6: Cal Broger.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'carl's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Some outstanding time wasters today, Let's find out who's gonna beach on the show. Though, and off to go and see the Rocky Horror Show. You ready to Mark, Let's do it? Put a band in a movie, Drake's on a Plane, Gold plus Alan in Camera. Ten Things I Hate about you too, Silver Nickel, Back to the Future, Bronze, Goodwill, Hunters and Collectors, Gold Weld, I'm pauling Cooie Rod Limp Sea Biscuit, bron No, that's good, Megan, I liked it. No Country for Old Men at Work, Silver Kid, Rocky, Gold Kid, Rocky's got He'd love that too, wouldn't he? So Mike, Boys to Men in the Hood silvera throw Mama from the House of Pain, Gold Nicole, That's very funny. That's how funny it is. Free Winnie Nelson is also good from Scoops Child, Honey Shrunk, skid Row, Bronze, Backstreet, Boys in the Hood, Silver Climb me Fisher King good reference to that was a great movie with Robin Williams and Chef Bridges. Silver Freddie got Powder Fingered. He would have chuckled when he said that. Did they read this out? That's he would anything.
Speaker 5: On the show today.
Speaker 2: No One tougher, No Limits. Along came a spice Girl, Silver Horn, here's the who Gold, We don't Cam, Edward Scissor Hanson, Nathan that is really, really, really good. These are really funny. Throw Madonna from the train, Gold hop her down with this radio station. Great muhammadan Ai movie when we were Kings of Leon Silver, bomb Funky t.
Speaker 6: Make that movie his back as a revern MC from another planet. Forget Fred again, bomb funk e t.
Speaker 2: That's why I want to see Boh. That's very good. Tina Turner and Hoots. These are some of the best we've had of the year. Who's that Mark k and Seaford? Well done? Taylor Swift goes to Paris, Silva, Neil Blood, Diamonds Gold, Glenn Bruce or Mighty Springsteen, Silva, Empire strikes, Nickelback, Silva mc hammer is legend of baggy pants, wo Nathan well done, and Xana Doobie Brothers. These are the really good, so many goals. Well done everyone, Thank you very much. Austin Beck tough to picture us one to send to the Big Price, and they were brilliant.
Speaker 5: But let's give it to bow for bum funk e T.
Speaker 2: I think it was bomb ets.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, all.
Speaker 2: Right, before we go, let's get Holly back. She kind of broke up at the end of her story. She was talking about me and trapped in the escalator at Melbourne Central with a and something it was ripped off on. A kind guy gave her a jacket as a makeshift kind of shield.
Speaker 6: Holly, Hi, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 2: Oh that's quite all right, And I just want to say we love just stories so much, and we love stories on this show. We're going to make you our caller of the Week, which means you've just won one thousand dollars so much. Guys, that's all right, Holly, you are cool on the week thanks to Mercedes Ben Barrick saving a whole range of demos during the Mercedes demonstratedselves on Now what.
Speaker 6: Are you going to do with the extra cash?
Speaker 2: Holly?
Speaker 16: Oh, I've just got a puppy, so I get a lown.
Speaker 2: Vit all but you know, toys and toys, new shoes because the puppy will destroy your shoes.
Speaker 16: What have you got American stuffy?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, beautiful dogs they are. Yeah, all right, Holly, listen, thank you very much to go on the show. You told it really really well, really made us love You're this week's Call of the week. Have a great long weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: God love you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you very much. Have a great long weekend. One happy birthday to young Gordon on Monday, Jackie boy. That's enjoy your special day as well. And you've got some amazing thing happened to day on International Women's Day. Yeah well really, I hope you really Wally enjoy it. Have a great long weekend everyone. We are back next week. Take care.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast