Speaker 1: It is the pick up Thursday Afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse, Rushian today to get half price off the Nature's Wave Vitamins range excludes box Size's Chemist Warehouse Great savings. Every Day, Ask Cat.
Speaker 2: So Ask Gunkhart is a segment we do every Thursday. It's where you call in with your deepest, darkest, biggest dilemmas. And we've got one about a lost cat today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm anxious about this. Hannah's on. Hey Hannah, how can we help with your cat dilemma?
Speaker 3: Hey guys, So basically this is about my cat Shadow. So she's five yep, her about Yeah, we've had her about five years. So she was a kitten fairly young when we got her. We found her on the street. She seemed unwell, really skinny, so we essentially saved her. She's been an indoor cat. Recently, we went to the VAT and they checked her microchip and just to update it with any new info we had, and it actually belonged to somebody else who has been looking for this said cat for five years. Yes, yes, we've had it for five years. Like I said, it's just it was a kitten when we got it, so it would have been a kitten when the past owners essentially lost it. But I've grown so close to this cat over the past five years. She's my baby essentially, like and these new owners have come forward and said that they want Shadow.
Speaker 4: Back and said, we've like, is there like a legal obligation we have a duty of care?
Speaker 2: Hannah, Was there a reason why you never took the kitten originally to get it scanned to check if out had a microchip five years ago when you found it.
Speaker 3: Well, we did. We've taken her to the vet quite a few times, but they've never actually checked the microchip, so it was just updating information. They thought, oh, you know what, maybe we just check this microchip, and that's when all the details popped up.
Speaker 4: So you probably thought when you first found it that it's a kitten.
Speaker 1: It's so young. Wouldn't you thought it was a little straight. You didn't even get think to get a micro chip.
Speaker 3: Checked exactly, And she was skinny. She was just so little. I just thought, you know, she was like you said, she's astray.
Speaker 5: I think in this sense, I think this would be different if you found a cat that was already ten years old. And then you had it for another couple of years. I think it would you'd have to give it back to the owner because it's it was their cat. In this case, it was a tiny little kitten when you found it, I feel like it's your cat.
Speaker 4: Cat?
Speaker 3: Are you raised?
Speaker 5: You've looked after it, and essentially they let it escape when I was little?
Speaker 2: Would you can you not go and buy them another cat and be like, here's a kitten.
Speaker 4: It's black, and I could buy them another cat?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, because obviously cats they're not free, you know, just pick them up. Even even when you go to the pan and you buy a cat, they still cost money. If they really want a cat, can't you just offer to go and buy them a kitten and then they can start from scratch with a new Shadow.
Speaker 4: Point two, well haven't you have you spoken to them, Hannah, Like have you just said pull your head in? You haven't raised Shaddy.
Speaker 3: I've spoken to them through the vet. So the vet has told me that they really want Shadow back, And like you said, I would be more than willing to buy them a new cat because Shadow is essentially mine. I love her so much. I can't even think of life without her. Yeah, do you know.
Speaker 2: I think you need to get in contact with the other, you know, the old owners of Shadow, because I think it's easy to go through the vet and not see the like how much it's affecting you, and not see how much of a bond that you've created over five years. And maybe if you were able to speak to them and like explain to them how it's been and you know, what you've done for the cat, then maybe they might have a bit more understanding as to why you want to keep the cat, and they might be happy with getting another one.
Speaker 4: Just pack up and move.
Speaker 5: It's also an option, fugitive hat you can and run, hit the road.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work when you do that with children. That'll get you in jail. But I reckon a cat's fine. Could you get into big trouble if you keep the cat I don't even know at this point.
Speaker 4: And get the cat and run, keep the cat, run, run, run and run for the way to look. Let him take you to small courts for a cat. It's like I keep this updated with that, Hannah, please, okay.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, oh good luck.
Speaker 5: That's so difficult because you don't actually care to image.
Speaker 4: Just like I say that. But I don't want to to. I care.
Speaker 2: Imagine though, Imagine if somebody found Delilah and kept Delilah for five years. Delilah's only one and a half.
Speaker 5: Tyler is two and two months two.
Speaker 2: So imagine if somebody found Delilah kept her for five years. Technically they had her longer than you did, and then was like, but I've had Dallilah for five years totally.
Speaker 5: The only reason this is different is because it was a tiny, malnourished kitten. If Dyla gets out, all she's been gorging on his salmon like she's doing.
Speaker 1: Home wanta all right? Next on the show, I we have an update on my math's application.
Speaker 2: Right, oh yeah, look, we're Mitch for Maths.
Speaker 4: It's happening. We are, we are. We've got trail on the Campagne trail, all right. The updates after this on the pickup