Speaker 1: Got anything egg.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right now, open tabs.
Speaker 1: We talk about the things the roundom nonsense that every single day you would just chuck into your phone into Google. Two recent ones for me won the recipe for Gordon Ramsey's scrambled eggs. Apparently these are the best way in the world to do scrambled eggs. And of the last couple of days, I've been perfecting it because I love scrambled eggs.
Speaker 3: Have you tried it? Parats?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris does it and it makes the most I don't know how he does it. All I know is that I eat it and I love it. Apparently Gordon gets that every apprentice that he has through his restaurants, he will get them to do that, to cook an egg, because he said that is the hardest thing to cook perfectly, is the perfect egg, whether it's scrambled, poached, fried.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I can think of some things that are a little harder.
Speaker 1: Just angling my body language away from past I think you just made that up.
Speaker 3: I did not, No, no, no you. I believe you have credit your sauce, please journalist.
Speaker 1: No no no.
Speaker 4: I saw it on a biography of his ones.
Speaker 1: So anyway, this way he does it? Do in the scrambled eggs. Okay, just saw it and get it. Back to what we call the trade the content.
Speaker 4: You can undercook it or overcook it very easily.
Speaker 2: Must go out and get that bar.
Speaker 1: Really anyway, how you how good Ramsey does the scrambled eggs? No whisking, So you crack the eggs into the pan. All right, cold pans, you do it cold. You do not whisk, You stir, so you put your however eggs you're going to do in. If you're doing scrambled egs to two people, how many egg would you put in?
Speaker 2: I got six, I would do five, three for me two.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's nice of you. It's an easy and even number because there's two of us. That is how you see the relationship. I believe.
Speaker 1: What we call the old three two ratio growing MOI you're forty, you're forty.
Speaker 5: Now we are a three two ratio in heart?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 2: What food we should put into our bodies?
Speaker 3: You crack them into a pan.
Speaker 1: No whisking, You just stir, okay, and then what you do is you do about forty seconds on the heat, and then you take it off for twenty seconds off the heat and then continued stirring. Put it back on for thirty, off for twenty do this like three minutes. It takes quite a lot a bit longer, you really, yeah, And then for the last thirty seconds you then add a dollar of sour cream. Mix it in that just as they're calling that stirred through brings them to.
Speaker 2: This fluffiness in oil or butter.
Speaker 3: I always use butter. What are you use a bit butter for you?
Speaker 1: And then Bianca can have oil.
Speaker 3: You know what I in and oil? Got some left over that mankey old tesla will do you guys?
Speaker 2: Sit on hard boiled eggs. I've started it.
Speaker 1: Right the rock.
Speaker 3: You're trying to get more games?
Speaker 5: No, just because you can hardball a bunch of the week.
Speaker 1: My wife does this and I literally have to leave the house to smell in the house.
Speaker 5: Had already this morning fridge cold.
Speaker 1: The other thing I googled over the weekend, I was watching some of the coverage. Amazing to watch just a ceremony and the ancient ritual, especially after seeing the movie Conclave the Pope's Funeral. By the way, that movie Conclave, it's going through the roof they're now making more money than when it came out, because now him was like, what's the conclave? I keep re reading there's going to be a conclaim, all right, there's a recent movie.
Speaker 3: About that with Ray Fines.
Speaker 2: It feels very relevant to watch.
Speaker 5: I only watched it because of what's happening in.
Speaker 1: Italy at this fascinating, isn't But the movie was so yeah, it is really really good. So anyway, I was watching the some of the coverage of the post funeral of the weekend, and throughout the coverage it's a lot of because it's something like that. It's not like they have footy commentators. It's a lot of and the basilica here everyone's whispering, like the the golf and when they're doing the golf car coverage as well. But they kept saying how the bishop is going to deliver the homily in a minute, and I can think of that. They must be mistaken, dumb Assi's they mean the eudity. And I didn't know what's the difference between a homily and a eulogy post you.
Speaker 4: Know it is if you don't know, it's not reserved for like more prestigious members of the church. So it's similar to a eulogy, but it's also like has a different tribute apprenticeship.
Speaker 1: So as you're you're making the egg, you must deliver a Gordon Ramsey homily.
Speaker 5: It's a reserved for members of the church, like a eulogy for special people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that right for VIPs.
Speaker 1: According to the interwebs, homily is a sermon usually given by priests or religious leader that interprets the scriptures and their relevance to the lives of the congregation, particularly during religious services like a funeral. A eulogy, on the hound is a speech given to commemorate a deceased person, focusing on life accomplishments and the impact they had on others.
Speaker 2: So will he get both a homily and a eulogy?
Speaker 1: He just got a We're not It was a beautiful the guy I don't know if his name is some bishop.
Speaker 3: I should actually notice run some bishop.
Speaker 1: But it was a beautiful homily and he was encouraging all of us to be like the late Great Pope and build bridges not walls.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 1: Podcast Christian O'Connell Show here talking about the random things you google on any given day over the weekend flying back from the UK, had a lot of time to watch movies on the flight.
Speaker 3: A lot of time.
Speaker 1: I end up watching a movie I didn't realize came out about eight or nine years ago, called The Accountant Ben Affleck, and he's on an autistic accountant who is also an assassin. It's a lot going on this movie, and I loved it. It's great Tim RoHS. A new one is out now, going to see it this weekend. Anyway, during the movie, Ben Affleck is talking about how much he loves this classic painting it's from the early nineteen hundreds of dogs playing poker? Right, He says, I love this painting because I like incongruities and dogs wouldn't play poker. The scene moves on, I can't move on, so I'm thinking they specifically put that scene in there where Ben Efflick, who relentlessly logic driven man, doesn't believe that dogs would gamble or play poker. So yesterday I was driven because I couldn't stop thinking about it to ask chat GPT. This is what actually tucked into chat GPT. If they could comma, would dogs gamble and play poker? Chat GPT replied, Ah, great question. Honestly, if dogs could gamble and play poker, I think a lot of them totally would quite chummy. By the way, there chat GPT that I've got, and the evidence that they present is they're reward driven. Dogs are super motivated by treats, toys, praise, all forms of winning. If poker had biscuits instead of chips, the steaks would be very real for them. They love competition, not too much stress. Some breeds like terriers or trees retrievers or herding dogs love to outsmart each other, and play poker would be playing for them, not life of their stress like humans. Bluffing is a basic natural instinct for dogs. My dogs have never bluff me. Ever seen a dog pretend they didn't just knock something over. That's classic poker face.
Speaker 2: So where does that leave you with his character?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Now now I think they've got it wrong. Dogs would play poker.
Speaker 1: I now think we need to unthink everything we previously believed about dogs that they would love to play poker. So pet shops and pets smart, why don't you bring out a range of very small pet poker tables that you can gather around down the dog park they could have a little sort of poker table where.
Speaker 5: When I tried to teach this radio team of humans poker that night, I've never had anyone back to my house from this team.
Speaker 1: It's a very It was great fun, but it's it takes a lot of practice to know how to get in the rhythm of playing poker.
Speaker 5: We had too many people people there who never played poker before.
Speaker 2: And it was just too trick.
Speaker 1: There are also two team members who are no longer on this team. Not because of that, by the way, and chat was like Christian I sisty Fire. They's not played very well. They spent arguing, but they won't argue about They were arguing about the pronunciation of a ching Tao beer.
Speaker 3: And he might not make this up, know they really were.
Speaker 2: While I was trying to describe the rules, and it's about.
Speaker 3: A complicated name.
Speaker 1: About what it is it the big bird? What's the little token that goes from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the big blind of the small's.
Speaker 3: I'm next to me?
Speaker 1: Is two people going, well, I've actually been there. It is pronounced. I think, can we play poker? That's what I googled to say, Jack, what have you been googling.
Speaker 2: I googled. First, I'm going to remind you about Fire Festival.
Speaker 5: Remember the sky in the documentary put on a luxurious or what he said was going to be this amazing, luxurious music festival where people fly to a tropical island. You have the biggest acts in the world, luxurious accommodation, premium food, all that. And then people got there and they're these tiny little tents cheese sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Because of the documentary, wasn't there about two or three years ago? That was brilliant about it.
Speaker 5: He went to jail, he said, four years in prison. And then I read a headline about Fire Festival too. Yeah, It's like, surely I know he's back.
Speaker 2: He's bad.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's trying to get funding.
Speaker 2: Five festival two.
Speaker 5: And his quote is that they have to win back the trust of the people they let down.
Speaker 2: You actually change, you win back the trust.
Speaker 5: Makes it sound like, oh, one band dropped out last minute.
Speaker 2: You've committed forward for hundreds and unders.
Speaker 3: You did jail time. What you did was so bad and in any company that goes.
Speaker 1: Ask money for a quick Google search of that guy recent Wait, he's a criminal.
Speaker 3: He did four years in time. So wait, he's doing the same Connage game.
Speaker 2: He's coming back all he wants.
Speaker 5: I actually think it is shame on the buyers this second time round, and bought a ticket to five Festival two.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast