Speaker 1: Is it just real? Most of the black couple of mitches. Yeah, delese yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 2: I didn't even drink at my own eighteenth because I'm adamant that. Oh no, I'm not going to drink when I'm an adult.
Speaker 1: It's so unnecessary. You don't need alcohol to have fun, eighteen year old, you would be so disappointed in it. No Ismui and mitual coups allow you. Ah, you we are back again.
Speaker 2: I'm still fucking ill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you haven't dropped that, have you.
Speaker 2: No, it's been over a week. Since when do flues and colds? I don't even know what it is? Since when do they stick around this long?
Speaker 1: I feel like it left and then it came back. It was gone for a few days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt okay, and now it's worse than it was to begin with. I'm even on antibiotics that's supposed to like stop it in its track, kick it.
Speaker 1: In the butt. Yeah, what do you have? Is it car or is it just like head cold? Yeah? Head cold?
Speaker 2: I'm all blocked. So once again, sorry if I sound disgusting on this week's episode.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, I saw throat a bit of a headache, all that stuff. So this is gonna be great. But you look good. You still look tan. I'm not convinced that you're being honest with me when you say you don't tan, because you were so broud.
Speaker 2: I haven't tanned in ages.
Speaker 1: Something's going on with you. You got jaundice or something. Maybe we need to get a blood test.
Speaker 2: Is that the thing that makes it go yellow?
Speaker 1: I think like a yeah, like an orange tinge.
Speaker 2: Well, this definitely isn't jawnice. I hope it's not fucking jaundice. Oh my god, imagine you.
Speaker 1: You don't sound that sick though, you really don't.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sound all right. Don't be so hard. I just sound a bit blocked, that's all. Yeah, you do. Everyone everyone's got it at the moment though, Yeah, literally everyone. I had it for a bit, like it was one of those things that I had for like two nights and then it went away and then it must be nice. Yeah. Sorry, I'm depressed, but I've got a strug immune system. I canhall. We're both in the wars, aren't we. It's just like what we spoke about last week, how much do you have at a fifty? Oh?
Speaker 2: Instead of fifty to fifty. Yeah, I'm a fucking nine. Like I'm nothing today.
Speaker 1: I've got about forty. Oh, it's roughout. Forty nine is great.
Speaker 2: Between the two of us, we haven't even reached fifty. It's not even a pass.
Speaker 1: Wells not here either. She'd bring one, so that would at least get us to fifty. Jenna, she's not with us.
Speaker 2: Well, thank god. This is our last episode before a little bit of a mid year break. Yeah, I can't believe that we're already mid year. By the way, that in itself is a little bit how did that happen?
Speaker 1: Sad? Isn't it the week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wild, but yeah, you're off on holidays, so we're having a couple of weeks off the podcast and it feels like I'm going to need some solid rests. So it couldn't have come at a better time. But then we'll be back after a couple of weeks. Good good, Yeah, And it is that time of year we should be doing an annual Talkback Things episode. You decided it was annuals Talkback Things Live, I should say as it is.
Speaker 1: It's the one episode that is purely live, so you can listen live. You can call in live.
Speaker 2: We're on Facebook Live and it's like a talk back radio show. The phone lines are open, so we'll deal with that when we're back from our break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's something we'll let you know all the details that's going to be happening. We got a haircut, Yeah, I did get a haircut. I thought there was something different. Thank you, I got haircut. I was feeling sad. Always makes me feel better when I get a haircut. Oh really yeah, Well now I'm on the meat market. You know, I've got to really look my best I had haircut yesterday as well, but it's both did not.
Speaker 2: It's so groomed.
Speaker 1: Turn your head.
Speaker 2: It's obviously you're not going to know as much difference. My hair is so long. Look, you can't tell.
Speaker 1: Is this a trip? Did they take any length off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a little bit or the split ends and whatever they are good?
Speaker 1: Do they layer it or whatever?
Speaker 2: I don't know, And I didn't trust him. I've been seeing the same hair dress for years. By the way, can I tell you the most random fucking story from when I have my haircut? So I've been seeing the same hairdresser for like years and years. His name's Francesco. He's like this really eccentric Italian gay man. He's absolutely good. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And he's in Five Dock. I haven't lived there for ages, but I don't want anyone else cut in my hair.
Speaker 1: So after all these years, I still drive back to Five Docks. You travel because he's that good? Yeah? Or is he that good? Is just habit?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Because you know he'll just do it right. You don't want to have to have a bit of brace.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I just like him, so I'm happy to go.
Speaker 1: I like French.
Speaker 2: I don't want anyone else touching me hair.
Speaker 1: You've spoken about Francesco before.
Speaker 2: Have I?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sure I have. But anyway, I've known him for years and yesterday we're just chatting while he cuts my hair, and he says, oh, have you got any trips coming up? Anything planned? And I said, oh, nah, I've just had four weekends away almost in a row, so I'm bloody naked. I know it's very first well problem of me, but I've had so many weekends away and I'm bloody naked. So I just need to be a hermit for a little while. And he goes, oh, yeah, where'd you go, and I said, I went to U LaRue that was lovely, and Francesco says, oh, I hated all of rout when I was there. And I said, really why and he goes, oh it was when I.
Speaker 1: Was there with the Wiggles. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: I said, beg your pardon, what do you mean name drop? And he goes, when I was Captain feather Sword. I said, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He goes, you know the pirates. I know who Captain feather Sword is, mate, trust me, but what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was Captain feather Sword for nine years. Shit, it's like what I've known you for years?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you lead with that? Bring it up that you're Captain feather Sword.
Speaker 2: That's a flex, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's like your local barista being Dorothy the fucking Dinosaur and mentioning it wags the dog, yeah, and just never bringing it up. Wait was his face? I can't picture of Captain feathersord. Is it a mask? Is it a head?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing I did say to him. Oh, I'm gonna have to google this later. I want to see photos of you. And then that's when he sort of admitted, well, another guy played Captain Featherstword on the television, in the DVDs and all that, but when they went on tour and did live shows, like when they went to Ularu, he would be Captain Feathersword on the tours, but not on the TV. But he did other bits and pieces on the TV, like he was one of their dances. He played Santo or something wow in the Wiggles. And I'm like, again, it doesn't matter if you're Captain Feathersword's understudy. If if I was fucking one of the tiers on the Big Red Car, I'd be telling everyone totally anything Wiggles related on my CV, wouldn't you brag?
Speaker 1: Just for the fun of it. I've googled him? Now, what did you google Captain Feathersword?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hod and bring it up on the screen if you look up. I don't know, maybe Franco the Wiggles Captain Feathersword.
Speaker 1: That's Farco.
Speaker 2: You need an A and an N in there, Frco, are you fucked?
Speaker 1: Sorry? It's it's a delayed. Here we go. Franco TERRELLI, Oh my god, that's him. Oh my goodness, I'm on a wiggle Pedia.
Speaker 2: Look at it, wiggle Peodi, who knew that was a thing.
Speaker 1: Franco Terrelly Board nineteen seventy six is one of the one of the people, isn't it. What the fuck? Oh God, look at him. So does he still do it? No, he's retired for the feather is.
Speaker 2: Down, definitely. But I just couldn't believe he slipped it into conversations so casually, like, oh, yeah, I went to Ulaury when I was Captain Feathersaw for nine years, and then we did the maths and I went and saw The Wiggles live at the park's ex Services Club. No, when I was a child, like probably before kindergarten, and we did the maths and figured out that, yeah, I would have seen him perform.
Speaker 1: How weird is that as a child. No, I'm boring you.
Speaker 2: I yawned in my face, you rudas.
Speaker 1: No, I did not at you. Look at the the top comment on Wikipedia on Franco Terrelli's pages. I wonder what Franco Terrelli looks like.
Speaker 2: Now I can tell you he looks exactly the same. It's a bit more salt and peppery gray hair.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, that is so he's gorgeous. How random is that? That's so funny. I wonder how you get gigs like that. They'd be such a cushy gig, like good money, you just have to energetic.
Speaker 2: How do you just end up as the understudy Captain feathersor Yeah, fucking weird? Is that?
Speaker 1: I'd be such a good Dorothy.
Speaker 2: Did Dorothy have lines or anything?
Speaker 1: No, she just waffles on and wobbles around. Yeah, right, like Humphrey be Bear. I'd be a great character that just has to wear a mask.
Speaker 2: I remember a few years ago one of my friends, I don't know if I should tell this story, do it, but one of my friends with my housemaid at the time, actually on Marty Grand Not he brought home someone. Yeah, and it was just a hookup. And apparently he asked this guy's name, and he wouldn't tell him because he was being really secretive.
Speaker 1: About who he was, right discreet maybe yes.
Speaker 2: And when he went to the bathroom, my housemate checked his ID and he googled him and he was like in the week, not one of the Wiggles, but one of the supporting cast members sort of things. Wow, And I was still working here breakfast radio hours. I got up at like three or four am and they were still awake. They'd even gone to bed. I was like, oh, hi mate, I'm much nice to meet you. I didn't realize it was one of the bloody Wiggles cast members.
Speaker 1: Did they Did he leave in his big red card? Did he have an old big red card?
Speaker 2: Well that he was keeping it under wrapped?
Speaker 1: Who he was? Now? I know? Yeah? Do you reckon? He would dirty talking like that language that they use?
Speaker 2: What language of the Wiggles?
Speaker 1: You know what they just talk as? If you know on Dora how they asked rhetorical questions and wait, yeah, do you want me to fuck you harder? Oh? God, speaker quite hard there? Did you just make better? Yes? Sounded good? That didn't it? God?
Speaker 2: Dora is the most irritating fucking kids. However, absolutely Anyway, enough Wiggles talk.
Speaker 1: Let's wiggle on through to the show. If it's your first time listening, welcome to Is It Just Me? Every week we start the show the same with something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know Mitch's. We also have an is It just You? So you get your chance to have an edgem of your line. Per usual, you win a prize if you come on the show. Also on the way, I have an I can't don't have had to what this into words, Mitchell, I have a very hectic breakup story. We've already heard your no, it's not mine, it's not mine. However, this breakup story I was messaged by a listener after hearing me in the last few weeks and my breakup, and I'm yeah, in solidarity to make me feel better, you know, because sometimes you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 2: But should we do that a little bit later in the episode, because I don't want this to be another breakup episode.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be the third breakup episode. But let me tell you, this puts my breakup to shame. And this is a Netflix series waiting to happen, this breakup. Oh, it's the story that hectic it is. I'm not gonna say good because it's quite traumatic and there's twists and turns in every corner. But it's we're going to get it exclusively before Netflix does. That's my hope.
Speaker 2: You're that confident it's going to become a Netflix special.
Speaker 1: Are you're gonna fucking love it. Yeah, it's amazing. So that at the end, Shit, would you like to go first with my as?
Speaker 3: It just me?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm all over the shop today.
Speaker 1: Have you had some culdural Do you want some manager or something?
Speaker 2: I actually ran out of culdroal this morning, so I'm gonna have to get some more on the way home. Is it just me on the fly? This isn't mine for the week. But I just hate being sick when I live alone, because there's I just when I'm sick more than ever, I just crave nurturing, like the same way that your mother might have looked after you when you were home sick from school. I hate having offend for myself when I'm sick. Any other time of day, any other time of year. Fine, independence love it, but there's something about being sick that I'm like, I just want someone to look after me.
Speaker 1: Where on earth is Shorn when you need him?
Speaker 2: Well, we don't live together at the moment.
Speaker 1: I know what the moment, Oh announcement that interesting.
Speaker 2: Selfishly, he's not looking after me tonight. He's looking after his fucking advanced dementor grandmother. So I feel like she kind of takes the cake. Who needs more looking after shee pull's ranked?
Speaker 1: She does? She does, and I'm aware of that. Not the same level of sickness. I think, oh god, she needs more.
Speaker 2: Than quadr Imagine me being like, ditch her and come look after me like what a dog.
Speaker 1: That would be shocking.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, my is illness related?
Speaker 1: I suppose. Yeah, let's go, let's jump in. Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Air results fucking outstanding?
Speaker 1: What do you mean explain more air results?
Speaker 2: Anything in a can? The in spray, Oh, the sort of thing you have to declare before you get on a flight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, air results. I haven't really sat down to think about how much I admire them. I think I probably take them for granted. It's very cool technology.
Speaker 2: I just prefer air resols in any situation.
Speaker 1: Olive oil.
Speaker 2: I'm not pointed on the pan. I'm getting the air resole. I'm spraying it on. And just the other day when I was at the chemist picking up my antibiotics for my sickness, at the moment, I stumbled across aerosol pain relief spray. So you know how you might put dankarab or tiger balm volta, any sort of pain relief gel like that. Yeah, you know how you'd normally rub that.
Speaker 1: On and it gets hot? Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I've got the aerosol equivalent now, and I'm fucking obsessed. I've brought them with me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: There's one for heating and one for cooling. I'm like a bloody spray on ice pack. The other ones red, and give me the red one. Does it work with mental health? Can I just put spray this into my head? On your forehead? I am obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: Pain away, fought heat, joint and muscle pain relief. Spray topic gots a lot of words on it.
Speaker 2: Because I've got the aches and pains, and because I've always got a bit of a bun shoulder and a bun neck. I just I've become a little bit addicted. I'm spraying these on all day, every day. And the best part is that, unlike voltain or something that you might rub in, I don't have to wash my hands after just spray and guy.
Speaker 1: So hot on what do I do? I just sprayed on a body part and rub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or you don't even have to rub? Ooh okay, why are you rubbing?
Speaker 1: I told you not to sorry, okay, So it's just sitting like that. Yeah, all right, and it heats up.
Speaker 2: Are you feeling it heat up?
Speaker 1: No, not yet.
Speaker 2: I will put it on the back of your neck or something. Put it somewhere that is actually sore.
Speaker 1: It's heating there you go. Oh, it's activated, isn't it odd? But I love it. It sounds like a massage parlor.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm gonna put the cooling one on my neck. Okay, ah, instant, it's cooling me down. It feels like I've got an ice pack on my neck.
Speaker 1: It really, it's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Try the cold one on the back of your neck.
Speaker 1: In a microwave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did you spray the heating on your head?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? That one's way more impressive, isn't it. The cool one. It's like there's a direct air convent on the back of my neck. Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 2: I just spray it on my ankles and stuff. When my ankle's getting a bit clicky.
Speaker 1: I try that too. Yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm here for the aerosols. I fucking prefer aerosols in any way, shape or form it comes. People who use roll on deodorant make me sick. I prefer the aerosol sunscreen, like you know, spray it on rubb it. I know you still get it on your hands, but it's just the novelty of the aerosol. Y'all slept on aerosolts. I'm in my aerosol era.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's impressive. Yeah, it is, okay, class it is that. Oh man, my mic.
Speaker 2: Smells of deep yeah, and it smells gold, just doesn't it.
Speaker 1: It does smell good. What other aerosols are there? Olive oil, aerosols?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how you just spray it on the pan before you cook chicken or whatever. Yeah, I find that way more easy than you know, putting a tablesmoth of olive oil in the pan. Then you have to heat it up and like try and distribute it even.
Speaker 1: When you get less. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I started spraying the spray on olive oil just onto my salads and shit and then a bit of dressing and toss it around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's good. Fuck all right, Well, aerosols.
Speaker 2: I've got so many in here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I was devastated.
Speaker 2: At the airport the other day they confiscated my dry shampoop because they don't have a fucking lid. Why are they so precious about aerosols on flights.
Speaker 1: I think the captains get scared of it because you could spray them in the eyes.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't know if I'm going to go to prison for this, but I've not used airplane mode on a flight for possibly five years.
Speaker 1: Mitchel, you have to why that's what happened to that missing sub You gotta be so careful too soon. Well, we don't know. There's the time of recording. They've still got plenty.
Speaker 2: Of air how much os if they got left at the time of record. We're talking about the Titanic subsathing that went missing.
Speaker 1: Six hours six hour. Oh my god, that is so stressful. There's also no toilet really yeah, it's just an ice cream tub. It's really bad. I'm really into this and condolence.
Speaker 2: Was it like a tourist group that went.
Speaker 1: There were billionaires. They all paid two hundred and fifty thousand US dollars for the trip, eight hour trip, and then an hour in they lost contact.
Speaker 2: So they're not like right at the bottom of the ocean where the Titanic is.
Speaker 1: No, yes, it's sunk down to the bottom. Yeah, oh yeah, it's gone. It's gone because there are apparently six different ways for it. I've done the research. I've seen nine different tiktoks, all telling the same story. But every time I'm shocked at it. You know, it's controlled by an off brand Amazon PlayStation controller. That's how via Bluetooth.
Speaker 2: There's a PlayStation way more in depth with this than I have.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, Mitchell, you know what. There's not even a window. They don't see the actual Titanic. There's LCD screens in the sub which a four K camera projects the image back inside the sub. So they're going all that way down and they don't even actually see it with their own eyes.
Speaker 2: Imagine if they fucking didn't go anywhere near the Titanic. Yeah, they just had pre recorded generic footage on the screen. They said, Yeah, No, that's it. It's right in front of us.
Speaker 1: I swear. It's pretty horrific, to be honest, for these poor people to be stuck at the bottom of the ocean with no one to save them. But you know, eat the reach. They say they're billionaires. That's what they say, is everyone's saying, in my opinion, but that's what people saying. Hold on that note, power to the aerosol.
Speaker 2: There's even some aerosol hand santaitizing right in front of me.
Speaker 1: Yes, there is.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: How much better is that than normal hand instant of time?
Speaker 1: No, I'm with your aerosol everything. You know what should be next? Aerosol vaccinations instead of needles. I don't know. Your body just absorbs it. Imagine just applying the COVID vaccine in your arm because your umpit's absorbit Just sprain it in your pits or you're groin. That would be handy or under your tongue, oh my god, like rescue remedy.
Speaker 2: It's like the nicotine supplement. You spray that under your tongue.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: If you could do that just for your flu jab Do you think.
Speaker 1: That's the future? Just food will be aerosols?
Speaker 2: I hope not lobsters or draw the line there. I love an air of soul, but I'm not having that in lieu of the meal.
Speaker 1: Imagine if that was just a Master Chef mystery box. One week, they just pull open the brown box and it's just a can of rex owner it's actually a cake. That'd be awful. All right, Well, no power to you, Mitch, in the back of my neck is freezing cold. Yeah, told you it's good ship. It's kind of burning.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not supposed to happen. This is the cooling one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's it's so cold it's hot. Is that not one?
Speaker 2: N damnon' I don't know. I told you my brain.
Speaker 1: To pass out.
Speaker 2: I've got like a bit of a headache right at the front, you know, behind the eyes.
Speaker 1: If only you had some pain relief that you could spray directly onto your forehead.
Speaker 2: Oh surely that's not going to be a good idea, right, would I do the cold spray or the heat spray?
Speaker 1: I think cold? No, I think heat helps with my grains, that's it. Yeah, because it opens the blood vessels, so it gets more blood to the area.
Speaker 2: This could be a really bad idea.
Speaker 1: Close your eyes, Mitchell, went in your eyes?
Speaker 2: No they didn't be sure? Well, yeah, because I'm not feeling it. I'm the one with the eyes, mate, I.
Speaker 1: Can kind of see it on your eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh that's oh god, no, because it's like deep eating. So now that I've sprayed it on my forehead, it's making me cry, makes it take a tissue.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that was a dreadful idea. What have you done to me? I'm more meant your forehead, not your I did do it at my forehead, got your face.
Speaker 2: It's like I've just smeared vixed vapor rub under my eyes and now I'm crying and I'm trying to Now I'm crying.
Speaker 1: Oh you're like me the last two episodes. Fuck? Are you all right? He is crying? You're actually emotionally I'm fine.
Speaker 2: I've just got watering ice because I've sprayed fucking aerosoles on my forehead.
Speaker 1: All right? Should I do my agent? Take your mind off things? Yeah? All right, here we go? Is it just me? Is there something oddly empowering about moving in with your parents at twenty seven? Mm?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm about to baby, I'm moving back home Mum and dad, Mumma, Jury, Mark and Michelle, little baby Rachie who's twenty three. Now he's not a baby.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna look for a place on your own now that you're single, Are you just gonna has nothing tickle your fancy yet?
Speaker 1: So things have tickled my fancy? Well, nothing's tickle my fancy in that way. Yeah, I still too sad. But however, I was looking the rental market is insane. I just am also just too. I don't like being alone at the moment. It's too sad. Yeah, okay, no, I get that. Like it's I mean still in that point where I'm thinking about it a lot, thinking about him a lot, and being alone. We have a house together, right, yeah, I mean we started twelve monthly is in March. That was a dumb idea. Sadly, so we have to break the lease. It's currently a cluster fuck. We're like splitting our assets. We live in this giant house. I'm living in it alone. He's living with his mum. So it's like I'm just reminded of our life every time I go back to the house. Oh it's nice. You're getting emotional for me, thanks so much for Christ's like I'm.
Speaker 2: Crying over my situation, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: So I decided I go home every night and I'm like, this is so sad.
Speaker 2: I'm in the bed that we shared and I miss here with.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to go home for three four months, five twelve, eighteen months max five years, and I will save money and I will heal properly because I just know if I get my own place, which I love to do, I'll decorate it. I'll put the money in the time, and I'll get there and i'll distract myself and I'll sit down and i'll go where like, I don't have anyone. There's just no one to love, and I haven't healed through the process. So I want to go home and heal.
Speaker 2: Yea, it'll be nice to have your family around.
Speaker 1: I guess I love my family.
Speaker 2: You know they'll be doting on Oh, some doting would be fantastic. You eventually move out after moving back in with your parents. Have you thought about getting a house mate, because maybe you're not suited to living alone. I'm not saying you're not, just something to think about it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm currently going through. I don't know if I want. I don't like living alone. It's awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's also because you're living alone in the house with all the memories with the exit, so that's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: I think I'm built for a house mate, you know me. We got a lunch and the waitress as for our order and I go bye. How Yeah, how old have you worked here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe you'd be suited to a house mate. That's another milestone that you've not experienced that I have. Yeah, I've had many different housemates over the years.
Speaker 1: True West, Oh my god, we can have. We discussed this on the show, but we are completely swapping lives. I know it's bizarre, but it's just so funny that now I get done, I'm the one who's going to go on the dates and tell those ridiculous stories. I'm living with my parents. How do I bring people home to my parents? How well you should have thought.
Speaker 2: About that before you decided to move back in with your fucking parents. My ownly concern is that you're in your social era, but you'll just not come to anything because you're like, oh, the SHI is too far, The SHI is too far. People at the SHI. I hate commuting.
Speaker 1: Now, but I thing is like I've lived before, Hayden. You know, I can drive. I can drive from the Shire to wherever I need to be. I love driving. Yeah, okay with that, And to be honest, like I'm twenty eight in September. I want to get to that milestone. I want to be good and I want to get my own place after that. Oh like bye, oh man, no, I mean, god, not in this economy.
Speaker 2: Sough to not till septeb Me you're going to start looking for another rental?
Speaker 1: Well, it's basically July August, September. That's three months.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that makes sense. That's fairy.
Speaker 1: Where's the year going? It's so sad, sounds so old? I know, are you actually crying now? I can't work? And if you crow? Okay, no, I've just it's making my eyes water. Is your head it gone? No, that's worse.
Speaker 2: Imagine like literally imagine getting deepeat and putting it under your eyelids. Like That's what I'm going through right now.
Speaker 1: I've got on the back of my neck, in the back of my palm. I'm really liking it though. Yeah, it's good. Shit, I told you, well, I think I'll be okay, do you think. I mean, I've never lived with my parents as an adult. I feel it'll be good.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you've got the opportunity to save money, sure, why not? I mean, if my parents didn't live seven hours away in the middle of nowhere in bloody Bogan Gate on a farm, it might be an option I'd consider.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that's going to work for me. If they lived in the Sydney area and you were in a situation like I am, where it could happen and you could save money, would you do it?
Speaker 2: I mean, it would definitely be nice to have the option. So if that's what you want to do, I can totally understand the appeal.
Speaker 1: I've got such a split response. I've got two friends too, like camps of friends. Ones like do whatever you want, whatever makes you happy, heal and be, be the mitually love. Then another group of friends are like, no, get your own place, enter your your slight error.
Speaker 2: And I can't see that happening anytime.
Speaker 1: I know I could, who knows.
Speaker 2: I just don't want you to accidentally get stuck in your comfort zone, that's all. But if it's only a short term thing, then yeah, I don't. I don't see the problem.
Speaker 1: I've never been this far out of my comfort zone at the moment.
Speaker 2: I know. That's what and that's why I'm like, Oh, I hope he's not retreating back into his comfort zone.
Speaker 1: I've been great. We've been gay clubbing twice in the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: I know, fantastic. Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. That you'll end up having Friday night at home with the parents instead.
Speaker 1: Put me in an uber and I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: My shout, bullshit, I'm not putting it.
Speaker 1: You're an adult. We'll put it on the iGEM card. It's a tax right off. We just spoke about it. We can claim it on tax. Who was to the shire.
Speaker 2: Sleeping in your old childhood bedroom and everything?
Speaker 1: No, because this isn't my childhood house. This is my team, which makes it easier. But I got rid of the bed. I'm like, I can't sleep in that bed. I got a new Koala mattress thanks to Kohala, the new Soulmate mattress. It's a real salt in the wound that. They're like, Hi, Mitch, we'd love to give you a new mattress on your new Era. Thanks it's called the soul Mate. Oh dear, the soul Mate mattress. But there's only one person sleeping in it. How am I? Ronnie? Now I've got to sleep on the soul Mate mattress. They're like, we know you're so loved up. We'll give you a king. Oh, it's just are you getting the King?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm getting the King. I get the king Koala, once you go king, you know.
Speaker 2: I've only just upgraded a queen.
Speaker 1: Oh really, all right, we'll have your queen era and then you can king out later on. Yeah, we have summer parties in the shy with me? What really in your parents' place? Mitt? Can you ask your mom if I can come for a sleepover?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 1: Can you call Mitch's mum and ask if you can stay the night?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let's play murder in the dark.
Speaker 1: Oh nood or clothed? What? Sorry? Why did your head go to new Is it just that's enough of these two? Look now let's hear and is it just you? All right? Time for an Is it just you? Your chance to get on the show and have an iGEM of your own, something that you have noticed, something that you hate or appreciate. Mitch, is your brain fright enough to read out that number? Oh? Here we go?
Speaker 2: I have to do everything? Oh for one two seven one two nine two?
Speaker 1: Yeah with the text your brains work and you're fine.
Speaker 2: Or to slide into our dms A couple of Mitches on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ah, the text Text is fun. Text is how we got Kate from to Woomba. Hello, Kad Kate, Hey.
Speaker 3: How you going?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: All the better for hearing your voice style and I'm fucking cooked today.
Speaker 1: Mitch is not well?
Speaker 3: Oh not again.
Speaker 1: I know you never got over it though, Kate. It's it's the same sickness Linger it is. It just hasn't left him. How long have you been listening to the show? Kate?
Speaker 3: Probably post like COVID lockdown around that era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sort of joined in.
Speaker 2: Yeah you've been about a while now. Yeah, a little bit cool.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the fan Cake. Well, we'll get Bradley to count you in and hit us with your og im Okay, awesome? Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Why the fucker pigeon holes called pigeon holes?
Speaker 1: Brilliant call. I've never thought of that. I've always thought that.
Speaker 2: I have thought that many times before, and now you.
Speaker 1: Think about it, all we're doing is putting letters inside the anus of a pigeon.
Speaker 2: I don't think I thought it means Jenna, can you?
Speaker 1: Oh wait? And now she didn't do everything myself.
Speaker 2: I'm googling why pigeon holes called pigeonholes? It's it's where I haven't even heard that terminology you since school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, Well, pigeonhole we've got a pigeonhole here at the radio station. They're just yeah, I've got my own pigeon hole downstairs at the reception. Oh right, okay, yeah. When I get packages any they pop it in a little pigeonhole. Okay. So yeah, pigeonholes are like it's a wall with different sized but they're all the same sized boxes.
Speaker 2: It's like a bookcase in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is like a bookshelf. You're right. Do you have them at work, Katie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we've got them.
Speaker 5: And I was just about to put something in for a coworker to leave it for it, and I was like, well, I'm fuck.
Speaker 3: Are these called pigeon holes? Where did that come from?
Speaker 2: And thought, yeah, you guys good. And it says the term pigeonhole has been around since at least the late fifteen hundreds, and at the time was used to describe a small recess for pigeons to nest in, So it's like a little bird box that literal pigeons were chilling. But then we've kind of appropriated it to use it as like a paper tray.
Speaker 1: I spose got it, so it's not the whole of a pigeon.
Speaker 2: No, it's not it's not a pigeon's whole hole. It's a pigeonhole, the hole for a pigeon.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I remember when I like, I was one of those kids that moved schools. Yeah, when I was ten, and I never in my life heard the phrase pigeon hole. Then I got to this new school and they were like, yep, here's your pigeon hole. I was like, motherfucking what, my what? I'd never heard it in my life. Isn't that such a bizarre name for it.
Speaker 1: You probably thought you were going to Hogwarts getting yourself an owl. You're like, where's my pigeon?
Speaker 2: I was like, headwig where I was thinking.
Speaker 5: I was like, maybe was it from back in the day, like where you used to give a pigeon a letter to send her the mail and it's just be.
Speaker 2: Like a homing pigeon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you found the answer so I can sleep out tonight.
Speaker 1: No, it's debunked. Hope you weren't losing sleep over.
Speaker 2: That pigeon hole is up there with terminology like witch's hat. Yeah, I've never heard that until I moved to this new school when I was ten. I always it's called it a cone, but now it's a witch's hat.
Speaker 1: Or a zebra crossing.
Speaker 2: And they started referring to the Ashfelt as bitchamen, and I was like, oh, why do they speak a different language at this school? I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bitchmin and Ashfeld. Why do we have all these different names for the same things?
Speaker 2: I know? And then one teacher starts fucking throwing around quadrangle and I'm like, the what the what you mean the bitchmen?
Speaker 1: Oh country schools? Hah. Yeah, all right, Katie, thanks for listening to the show. DM price Keeper Jenner, and we'll get your prize out. Okay, awesome.
Speaker 3: Is she back on her game yet for price Keeping?
Speaker 2: No? No, she's not here this week once again, so she didn't turn up.
Speaker 3: Oh I will keep my expectations, lou then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, send it to the couple images Instagram, don't. Dmjen thank you very much, thanks for listening to you.
Speaker 1: Blease you you can get in touch to slide into the DMS. She is sweet, wasn't she.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did enjoy that because I have always wondered, what the fuck why do they call it that?
Speaker 1: It's so stupid?
Speaker 2: Never wondered enough to google it until now. But here we are.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you googled pigeonhole then did images, if you'd actually get the behind of a pigeon. Surely not, let me try.
Speaker 2: Oh God, when you look up pigeonholes, it looks disgusting. It literally looks like a school staff room with pigeonholes, but with birds in every single one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's disturbing. Oh so they're exactly they look exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Oh that is my nightmare. Oh god, fucking birds.
Speaker 1: They're just sitting there. Yes, you're so right.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Now I have google pigeonhole images. It's there's nothing raunchy.
Speaker 2: You sounds so disappointed.
Speaker 1: I know. I promise you. I am not all right slide into the DMS. Everyone will get you on for and is it just you of your own? Next week? Right? Should we do mitches quickie? Now? Yeah? Do you have the energy for it?
Speaker 2: But I'll snap out of it.
Speaker 1: I'll do me best, okay, I'll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mitch is quickie, just a quick hit of celeb goss. I'll be honest with you. I've got like a dot points script in front of me right now. But I've got way too much of a headache to read. So I'm just gonna be fucking winging this. I'm going to tell you the stories in my own words, essentially, So don't read the script.
Speaker 1: We can put it in a tell it from drap if you want. I don't think that will help.
Speaker 2: That'll make me feel like a news reader, speaking of which we do have a newsreader Blooper.
Speaker 1: Oh fucking love a newsreader Bluepert. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, first, let's start with the fact that Lady Gaga fans are a bit fucked off.
Speaker 1: What has she done?
Speaker 2: Well, you know how she had a Chromatica world tour last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when I say world tour, no Australia involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't come here, no, of course not.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we'll ever see her here again. I had to fly to Vegas to see her life.
Speaker 1: She's very busy. She's doing Joker and Jokers and oh yeah, I forgot about that. She's a fucking actress now.
Speaker 2: But anyway, she did a Chromatica tour last year and at one of the shows there was a bunch of cameras on stage, like a full film crew on sage at the show, and so Obviously, her fans were like, ah, shit, that must mean that we're getting a DVD or just a recording on Netflix of the tour maybe.
Speaker 1: Or like a documentary even, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: And then for the longest time they were like, where is that footage going? We haven't heard any news. And then it came out recently that it was actually just filming for an ad that Lady Gaga was doing to promote some migraine medics.
Speaker 1: Oh you need that right now.
Speaker 2: It's got footage of her on stage playing the piano and shit at her concert, So that's why they were filming. There's no recording of the tour coming.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I know what it's like to perform through pain. If you're like me one of the millions suffering from pain caused by migraine, nerdek Odt may help. It's the only medication that can treat a migraine when it strikes and prevent migraine attacks, treat and prevent all in one.
Speaker 2: Don't take it for allergic to nertek. Allergic reactions occur even d after using.
Speaker 4: Most common side effects were nausea, indigestion, and stomaching.
Speaker 6: We're in this together. Talk to a doctor about nerd tech bloody.
Speaker 1: T what the fuck? Yep?
Speaker 2: So fans are like, are you fucking serious?
Speaker 1: Is this it?
Speaker 2: I have my heart set on a CHROMATICA two of recording, but no, it's just a bloody tablet ad that's all they get ner Tech.
Speaker 1: Now, God, the fucking symptoms sound awful from that medication.
Speaker 2: Have you ever taken Nertech because you've got the bloody chronic brain issue that give your migraines all the time.
Speaker 1: I do, No, I do have migrain medication. But it's not that it's not Nertech. But if it was Garga, do you reckon it's CHROMATICA color that is, the PILs are in it.
Speaker 2: I doubt it. I think it's it's literally normal ner tech. And are you sold?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Are you a new customer?
Speaker 1: Now? I bought the CHROMATICA Oreos, so I'll buy CHROMATICA Zyrtech.
Speaker 2: Remember I bought the CHROMATICA Oreos, Like, I went out of my fucking way to go to one of the only convenient swords that was stocking the CHROMATICA Oreos, and then two days later I had to have my appendix taken out. Coincidence. Oh, we'll never know.
Speaker 1: I've never put those pieces of the puzzle together.
Speaker 2: Lady Gaga maybe the bloody Lady Gaga oreos is what burst my opinion.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that wouldn't surprise me. You needed to listen to that ad and get all the side effectsi cause burst appendix.
Speaker 2: Now, Also, have you seen that Coleen Ballinger is being canceled?
Speaker 1: I have seen this. I was never a Miranda Singhs fan. I wasn't into the YouTube of at all. In the early noughties, I went.
Speaker 2: Through a very brief period where I was obsessed with Miranda Things. Can you bring up a Miranda Sing's YouTube video just so we all? She does that paint a.
Speaker 1: Picture, stupid voice.
Speaker 2: But Coleen Ballinger is the creator behind that character Miranda Sings, and she was huge, huge and huge back in the og YouTuber days. I'm talking maybe twenty ten to twenty fifteen. That sort of era of YouTube and Miranda Things is huge. I went through a phase where I loved Miranda Things, which in hindsight is really weird to think about. Like, I was devastated as a teenager that I couldn't go to Sydney to see Miranda Sing's live show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright, I found a video with Miranda, okay, reacting to crazy tiktoks.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, it's me Marianda today.
Speaker 7: I'm sure sitting from a video because I'm reacting to tech talks, not to be.
Speaker 1: Say that's Miranda.
Speaker 2: You know that whole And I remember thinking it was so funny and I would do the voice with my friends, and now I'm like, wow, I don't know why I went through that phase. But anyway, she's got a lot of views.
Speaker 1: People love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to this day, she still posts on the Miranda Singhs channel even though she's in her thirties and she has kids making that money. But she also Colleen Ballinger also posts her own vlogs and stuff. And anyway, when I was a big fan, I would say that I was what sixteen or so, but I was probably a bit old to be a Miranda fan. Like a lot of her fans are young, young, like really young. And basically, now that all of her og fans have grown up, they've sort of looked back in hindsight and realize, fuck, she's a bit problematic actually, And so a lot of these die hard fans are exchanging war stories. I went down a huge fucking rabbit hole. Because I'm sick at the moment, I had nothing better to do. I spent a solid four hours fucking getting up to speed on all the Colleen Balanger drama.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are they accusing? What are they doing?
Speaker 2: Basically, long story short, they're pointing out the fact that she would slut shame underage fans on stage because they had this running joke that Miranda was really conservative and wanted everyone to be covered and not show any skins. So she'd bring up someone that was dressed as Miranda sings on stage and then bring up someone who wasn't was maybe wearing a short skirt or something, but even though they were thirteen, and then basically slap shame them on stage. And there's other examples of her, like Miranda doing yoga with one fan and a short skirt and like spreading her legs in front of everyone. Just a bit icky. But then also there's all these stories coming out about inappropriate dms.
Speaker 1: I've read the DM stuff. That's it's odd, very odd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like she basically was chatting to these fans in a group chat and they might have only been thirteen fourteen. There's a bunch of different examples, but yeah, she was just for a grown ass woman to be that friendly with people that are underage. The messages were off in a press and so essentially people are looking back now accusing her of grooming, abusing her power, things like that. It's a huge mess, and Colleen Slash Miranda has not addressed it at all. But yeah, it's bizarre that the fans that sort of Bill Trupp to be where she is now are now tearing it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean, to be honest, look at the voice that she's doing. I mean, it's all a bit fucked. I've always found it odd that there was a fan base for that. I find it really weird. I actually get like the ick from the voice and the character. She's a grown adult.
Speaker 2: Some people have said that her character is mocking people with intellectual disabilities. So basically, after all these years, for some reason, in twenty twenty three, they've decided, let's trade notes, and we've come to the conclusion, Yeah, she's a bit fucked, and I don't really know how she's going to come back from that. Because one fan, his name's Adam, she basically had him working for her for free. And he was tweeting on the Miranda Things account when he was like fourteen and he wasn't paid to do it. And then again, it's worth the YouTube rabbit whole if it's something that interests you. But he has done like more than one video that is over an hour long just detailing all these interactions with Colleen, and it's just a very very bad look. So farking hell, I've brought these Finally, Marina Sing's done at us, that she's over. Well, I don't know how she's gonna recover from this.
Speaker 1: Well they said that about us when the rat pack came for us, and we persevered.
Speaker 2: Through when will we cancel the rat pack? Who's the rat pack?
Speaker 1: Conan Gray stands, Oh Jesus Christ, don't remember. Yes, they said we were done.
Speaker 2: They commented on a photo of my nephew and said that he was an ugly baby.
Speaker 1: That's awful, all because.
Speaker 2: You made a joke about Conan Gray coming out of the closet because you were interviewing him back sullehol We even go and he goes and welcome to my closet, and you were like, that's sohon it, considering his label specifically told me not to talk about his sexuality.
Speaker 1: And then he goes, hey, welcome to my closet. Was a funny story. I was told not to bring up his sexuality because I would never I don't care. And then the first thing he says, he's welcome in my closet. I'm coming out of the closet. Some gag about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes, because it was such a tiny, tiny backstage, greenis welcome to my closet, and you just kind of went, we got it, we got it. And then oh god, the Conean Gray fans fucking turned on us.
Speaker 1: That listend emails to the head of the label in La to Columbia Records.
Speaker 2: That's also why if you look at our Apple ratings for the podcast, it's different. If you are looking at our ratings in New Zealand, it's completely different. You wouldn't read any of the nice things that were written in Australia. If you look at our ratings in the US, they're pitiful because that's where all the Code and Gray fans were actually and they came for our ratings.
Speaker 1: If you're a US listener and you haven't given us a review on Apple podcasts, please do we need to rebuild five Stars. We need to rebuild after we were canceled. This was two years ago, mind you. Yeah, God, I completely forgot about that. Okay, great story anymore if you use it's a news blueper right.
Speaker 2: Yep. So Peter Overton, there was a moment on nine News the other night. He's our main.
Speaker 1: Six pm news reader, hunk of a man.
Speaker 2: Married to Jessica ro girlgeous family love jess. So he had a bit of a moment on nine News the other night where he must have just had a sip of water as they came back from the commercial break, and he struggled with that sip of water. This is what happened. It all played out on air.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. I just had a glass of water and that's gone down the wrong way. Excuse me.
Speaker 3: I do apologize.
Speaker 1: Excuse me. A father has crash tackled a teenager who allegedly broke into his car and was found lying on the back seat in Saint Clair last night. I do apologize, poor bugger.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that just be the worst because it's live and you're in the moment, and it's the news.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be polished.
Speaker 2: If I did that on this podcast, no dramas I did pushed through.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually kind of enjoy seeing stuff like that me too.
Speaker 1: It humanizes the person.
Speaker 2: Yes, I kind of struggle to if I'm watching the news sometimes they struggle to really connect with it because it's too polished, too formal. Yeah, and I'm like, can these fucking reporters this talk to me like I'm a person instead of putting on that voice that all reporters do.
Speaker 1: Yes, Pete, the crime scene is grim, no other way to cut it. Shut up.
Speaker 2: There's this one chick who keeps going viral on TikTok. She's a reporter for nine years. Yeah, and there was some TikTok of hers that was like, this is my new thread to voice and this is my normal voice. And so she's admitting that she puts on a voice, and I'm like, why do you do that? Because that's not how people talk. I can't I can't take anything you say seriously because you're talking to.
Speaker 1: Me like that. They're trained to say that. Journalists. Why journalists that are presenters a train to talk like that?
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, but why I don't get it. I think they should be a little bit more conversational, and so when I see things like that, I'm like, oh, God, love your pete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a human, he's just like us. He chokes too. Do you think the news is actually live? Like we work behind the scenes, we know that sometimes we say things alive and they're not. Do you think it is live live? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, would be I assume because they have to cover breaking news if something happens while they're on air and you have to throw out the rest of the bulletin because something bigger has happened. So yeah, I would assume it's live live, especially if shit like that is happening.
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny that the news is like they just from five o'clock. It's just fucking news.
Speaker 2: And then they've got late news. I'm like, how much even happens in Sydney. Yeah, it's umsly rehashing the same shit.
Speaker 1: There's so much. But they've got Sandra Sully's five thirty News, which goes into a sorry five pm, which then goes to the Project, which is news, but don't forget they deliver it differently. Oh yes, And then there's the late news on ten and Channel seven.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Channel ten does late news anymore? But yeah, they've got they've got the late News on seven and nine.
Speaker 1: I love the late news, so yeah, yeah, I find the late news fun because that's what I watch when I get home from the night, like from red Oh yeah, of course, because I like to feel like the world's still beating, you know. So I put on the late News and it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: But do they cover anything different that you haven't already heard throughout the day, because I feel like the late News they're rehashing everything that they've already told you.
Speaker 1: Throughout the day. No, there's nothing, nothing new, absolutely nothing. It's not news, No it's not. It's gossip. All right, great quickimite? See you put that headache aside and you're pumped it out and we're both satisfied. Ah yeah, I'm satisfied. Yeah, it's a good QUI yeah, Quikie is all like can bloody muster today? It's fine, It's all I need. I feel very satisfied.
Speaker 2: I don't remember anything that we've spoken about in this episode. It feels like a fever dream today. I'm gonna I'm gonna be completely honest. I'm fucking not in a good way.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mitchell, don't worry. I got chum. I've got about thirty percent.
Speaker 2: Now, this happened last time we went on our easter break. It ended with me being sick and you flying to Hawaii. And now here we are. I'm sick as a dog and you're about to fly to fucking Fiji. That is so unfair. Our holidays always entail you going to some gorgeous tropical island and me being.
Speaker 1: Crooked as a dogist. But what was uncovered in Hawaii? What was the fallout of my trip to Hawaii? The downfall of my brilliant relationship. So it's not all.
Speaker 2: Good, but that didn't happen in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Bliss in Hawaii. It was bliss in Hawaii. But post Hawaii, that's not any consolation. Also, the point is every time we.
Speaker 2: Have a break, you have a beautiful holiday and I'm just sick at home.
Speaker 1: Were you get so unfair?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: So well, I don't know what to say. Do you want to come with me? Do you want to come to Fiji? Yes? Thanks?
Speaker 2: I want fishing for an invitement? You're listening to?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? The rude shocks of young adulthood? All right, Look, I don't want this to become another breakup episode after last week and the week before.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're over it already.
Speaker 1: Somehow I'm worse this week, But we won't go into that. I don't want to rap it on about it and talk about my breakup and my sadness again and again and again and make that my whole personality. Because we all have that friend that does that. It's so boring.
Speaker 2: Well, no, if it's what you're going through, we're happy to hear about it. True.
Speaker 1: True, it's a little break from main because we got a message from an idiot, someone who listens to the podcast that said, Mitch, if you thought your breakup was bad, I've got some breakup solidarity for you.
Speaker 2: I love that everyone's trying to outdo each other with the worst breakup story.
Speaker 1: Now I know like you think you were fucked over? What about this? So let's meet Ali, who's a listener of the podcast. She's in New Zealand. She's joining us live now. Hello Ali, Hi, okay, order Ali?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: Yoder friend? Thanks? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm here all.
Speaker 1: Right, powering through. So you sent me this message out of the blue. When I tell you my jaw was on the floor. I want, I won't tell your story because okay, Mitch hasn't heard this. I just tell it as you told me. Then we'll go into the details.
Speaker 4: Ali, Okay. So I was seeing someone and they went over to Ukraine to fight over there.
Speaker 2: Basically Jesus, and he was very intense.
Speaker 4: In March. They passed away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh exally very sad, sorry to hear that.
Speaker 4: And the same day I found out he died, I found out he was seeing someone else. Oh dear, it's all these posts that are popping up from this Ukrainian woman.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like on Facebook?
Speaker 4: Yeah, about him, and it was quite clear that they were in a relationship. And then I got a message from someone else, also in New Zealand, and she was like, Hi, I think there might be some crossover here because I was seeing because.
Speaker 2: It's a very polite way of saying there was an affair happening.
Speaker 4: Actually, can we can we bleep the name out? Yeah? And then I got a message from someone else saying were you sleeping with this person? I was seeing this person and I was like, oh my god. So then a couple of days afterwards, I actually met up with two of the girls that had messaged me. Yeah, just compare notes and yeah, yeah, wild. I don't know how he had time to Even before he went overseas he was seeing multiple people.
Speaker 1: How many people by last count, Ali was he seeing aside from you?
Speaker 4: Eleven? That's probably more.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't even know where to start with this. This is fucking eleven.
Speaker 1: So how how long were you together Ali? And were you official? Did you consider each other partners?
Speaker 4: Well, it's quite complicated. I knew him since twenty nineteen and he'd always been interested in me. But just before he left, I was in hospital and he like reached out to me and said that he'd like help out and stuff. So I was like, maybe I'll give him a go.
Speaker 1: It's still new, it was fresh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he came over and like said goodbye before he left. Turns out he drove over to mine in one of these other girls cars.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would have been the most bizarre day of your life. Like you've got to reckon with the fact that you now grieving and seething. Yes, you wouldn't have known what to feel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And then so wait, have you become friends with these girls? Is sisterhood of.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, there's three other girls that I'm tight with and I call them my sister wife.
Speaker 1: This I can't wait for this Netflix documentary to break. This is huge. This is crazy what.
Speaker 4: I've been saying. I'm like, we need to write a book, we need to do a podcast, we need to get a Netflix season.
Speaker 1: But then I'm like, no, no, no, you can't. But he cheated her out of a relationship. But hold on, why did he? Was he in the army? Could I just volunteer to go into Ukraine and start fighting? How did he just up and go to the Ukraine?
Speaker 4: He was ex military, so he wasn't over there in an official capacity, but he had the skill.
Speaker 2: Set, so he just like was helping out and obviously dating some Ukrainian woman same time.
Speaker 4: Multiple yeah, yeah, and he even well we're not sure if it's legit, but the Ukrainian woman says that they were engaged.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And she actually spoke to a journalist and there was an article written about her and in that article she has a punamu on her engagement finger, and that punamu was given to him by one of the other sisters.
Speaker 2: Oh Christ, what is it a panami?
Speaker 4: It's greenstone? Okay, yeah, it's like very culturally significant.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so do you mind me asking was there a funeral or all the Sister Wives going to this funeral? You are meeting up for lunch to Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah. His funeral was in April. Three of us were there and the Ukrainian came over.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, I mean, maybe heal and then grieve and then be angry and all the emotions I'm sure you're going through and then sell the rights to Netflix will stand because this is this I'd watched that for sure, the Sister Wives.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if this is in any way comforting, but like you win, that's the most technic breakup story out of all the works.
Speaker 1: That's what you want us to say, Alie, that makes mine look like nothing. Ali, thank you for sharing your your break up solidarity. That's insane.
Speaker 2: Sorry had to go through that. That is very intense.
Speaker 4: It is intense, But like the Sister Wives, they're like, of course it's been very comforting. Verower.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good that you're all got together and you all you know, you all met up. That's beautiful. All right, Ali, thank you for that story. Very cool.
Speaker 4: Thanks, No worries.
Speaker 1: Wow, did you say very You didn't know what to say? It got very awkward.
Speaker 2: I had no idea what to say to that. I feel like this is a fever dream because I'm sick and hearing the story going. Are we gossiping about a dead man?
Speaker 1: This feels so oft? No, it was this happened months ago? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Months jesus. It doesn't feel like it's old news enough to be talking about it like, Oh, here's a fun story, something that happened to me once upon a time.
Speaker 1: It's her story, she reached out to me. Yeah, but I don't know what to say to that.
Speaker 2: When I'm ill, I'm confused, I'm.
Speaker 1: Devastated for it. Okay, I'm angry. It's real too. You know, when this comes on Netflix in a few years, you're all going to think we were ahead of the first. All right, Well, she'll be end on that note sounds like you need a neurophon. Yeah, jesus, what a cheery note. I'm so confused. Me too, me too. We are going a little break for for a bit, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I clearly need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we both do. Christ I don't want to get a couple of weeks though, we will, we will. I don't want to say when we come back, we'll be better.
Speaker 2: Because what do you mean will be better?
Speaker 1: Well, I wanted to be like, oh, when we come back, I'll be moved on. I'll be you know, in a great place. I mean, I'm hoping I'm not still sick in two to three weeks time. Oh shit, you'll be fine, You'll be fine. What are you doing in the breaks? You know, just resting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. I'm not going anywhere or doing anything. Yeah, okay, it's not actually an official break for me. You do realize it's your radio holidays, so it's not really.
Speaker 1: You'll be working. Yeah, it'll be business as usual over here. Well, you can catch up on all the old episodes if you haven't had to listen, and we will see you guys very soon. We're off for a break, but thanks for listening this week. Yeah, miss you already, idiot, miss your guys. See you soon.
Speaker 5: Hoiee Is it just me a podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit a follow on your podcast staff.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a to D Brief. This is our secret segment on the end where we talk shit. Nothing's planned or structured.
Speaker 1: Absolutely having We don't even try to be honest.
Speaker 2: Who knows what will happen?
Speaker 1: How are you feeling knew any better? N What do you think it is? It's gone to your head now, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I just I don't know what it is. It's frustrating. It's what it is, oh, Mitchell, because I've been six since last Monday and it hasn't gotten better. It's it's gotten worse. And the doctor gave you what is it anyway? Any I had to practically beg for those, Mitchell, and they have not helped one bit.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, probiotics of them? Your cult?
Speaker 2: Oh they have rank?
Speaker 1: Have you ever had one of those? I love your colt? Oh my god. I just discovered the sugar free your cold. I drink them every day. Why it's good for the gut?
Speaker 2: How much of a bad sake was your gut in that you needed to drink that vile shit?
Speaker 1: I think your colt is the I would eat it your colt candy just for the taste. I actually don't even want the benefits. I just want make it sick. Well. It's sweet and sour and kind of tart. I love it so I.
Speaker 2: Can't remember if I've told this story on the podcast. I think this might have been trash Alie. Actually, but I when I had Crohn's disease and it was really bad as a kid, they told me to take daily your cults and I thought they were so disgusting that I just couldn't do it. And so Mum's way of trying to get me to take it mixing it in with a strawberry thick shake from McDonald's, and I was like, I think that kind of defeats the purpose of the health benefits. If I'm also consuming a thick shake, that can't be good for one's crones of these.
Speaker 1: It's interest thing, ever, But it didn't work.
Speaker 2: I could absolutely still taste it in the strawberry thick shake. It just ruined a perfectly decent shake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like fermented milky substance. Fucking file. Why do you do it to you? I think it's delis Oh my god, look what the cats are agged in Jenna's back. Hi not back? Arriving right at the end of the show. Yeah, talking to a microphone for goodness.
Speaker 7: Sake, Hello, Hello, I brought some snacks. We're from Glory bakery.
Speaker 1: So you were at a bakery while we've done the show, the podcast. Where were you?
Speaker 7: I was in a meeting with the bakery.
Speaker 2: She's offering it to you, so yeah, thanks?
Speaker 1: What actually is it a pink cupcake? What are you doing business with the bakery for?
Speaker 5: It's for the Children's Counsel, the Cancer Council, Children's.
Speaker 2: Do you want this pink cupcake? I'll have a little bit. Comfort food is what I need at.
Speaker 7: Don't they're donating their time and money.
Speaker 2: And cupcakes evidently so children with cancer.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. Well you missed a great show, Mitch. And I had zero energy?
Speaker 2: Oh no, why?
Speaker 1: Witch is unwell?
Speaker 7: Oh still yep.
Speaker 2: And I gave him a heads up being like, I'm low energy today. I don't know if you realize, but that was a hint that you're going to have to up yours and he didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't have it in me. I'm depressed and sad. Oh no, that's fine. This is what the podcast is. It's it's how highs and that's how lows.
Speaker 7: And today was a low low because I wasn't here either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, maybe that would have been just what we were missing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Did the doctor say that you needed eternal life force in the form of janet to make you feel better.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the doctor recently because I just know that they're going to be like, nah, just ride it out, you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Drink fluids and rest up. Bullshit. It's always the same.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, it really isn't going well.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got a haircut.
Speaker 2: Oh it's nothing major. If this is a trim, you probably can't even tell.
Speaker 1: I think you could go some foils you want to get in like a new area. You could do like a brown foil. Hair is brown, but like a lot, like a Janna brown like a yeah, like a I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm too scared to dye my hair because if it ruins it and it goes all like burnt, and you know how some people die their hair and it goes all straw.
Speaker 1: Like that's terrible. Yes, I do, yeah, exactly what.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ruin my gorgeous maine that I've spent years painstakingly growing.
Speaker 1: You actually have a lot of people thought it was just going to be a sort of fleeting period, but you've committed to this. I think I've known you longer with this hair than you have shorter hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would have. You met me just as I was starting to grow it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I did. Yeah, really is your identity now? I'm not saying I'm going to have it for life? Have you felt the desire of the urge to trim it off?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? But then I'm like, nah, not yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it took this song to get here exactly.
Speaker 2: I just feel like there will come an age where it's just fucking creepy, because sometimes I see middle aged man with long hair and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just creepy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You'll be the first to let me know when it's officially creepy, right of course, of course I will.
Speaker 1: I can't think of anything worse. I don't know how i'll say it to you time for the trim babes. Maybe I'll just, you know, light a fire underneath the base of your bed head and you'll lose it. Yeah, Yeah, that's probably it's probably the best idea, honest with you. Now, General, are you across the submarine CRISI, yes, I am. It's pretty awful, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We spoke about that.
Speaker 1: Let's just feel.
Speaker 7: The step son.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to, but we thought, okay, I wanted to do a whole on the submarine. But my worry was that you're going to be about the submarine. Is it just me? Or is the submarine at the bottom of the ocean? Yes, yes, you'll go. No, it's not just That's why I hadn't really brainstormed is it just me? Or is the most interesting part of the submarine crisis the step son, Because the step son of the billionaire who is on the doom submarine and at this point in time, they've still got hours of oxygen left. They haven't perished, and by hope to God that by the time the episode is out, that they've been found and they're alive and they're happy. The step son went to a Blink one eighty two concert while his stepdad is in the bottom of the ocean, posted it online and said, this is what my dad would have wanted. I'm at the Blink Quantity two concert.
Speaker 2: How does everyone know that that's his steps on though.
Speaker 1: Because he tweeted and he said, Hey, blinkwin eighty two, my stepdad is on the bottom of the ocean, bed in this missing sub but I'm still coming tonight, please make me feel good and happy.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he's already written his father off, like this is what he would have wanted. Oh, he don't know the outcome yet.
Speaker 1: He's loving his five minutes of fame. He's currently in a beef with Cardi B. Oh I heard about that Cardi B made a video going if I was at the bottom of the ocean and my child went to a blin Quantity two concert, I'd be livid. I want you to be mourning and sad and waiting by the phone to see if I'm gonna be fine and pulled through out of it and.
Speaker 2: Then but obviously that's the waste of a tick.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: However, he then tweeted Cardi B, your last three records have been flops. So he's fighting with Cardi B. Then if you go to his Twitter and see who is his replies, he's replying to only fans creators who were looking for sex. An only fans creator said, who wants to hop on and have a ride insinuating fucking her? Which is great, and he said me he did true story. He's really like milking this Marmin.
Speaker 2: He is how bizar this again? This feels like a fever dream.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a Netflix documentary. Oh yeah, you're right, we should fill gener in. So we didn't talk about the missing sub Then we had a woman on the show who wanted to beat my breakup story, so and she did. She confessed that her partner woke up one day he wasn't in the army and went to the Ukraine to help fight he died, and then she uncovered that he had eleven different mistresses around the globe, one in the Ukraine, couple of New Zealand.
Speaker 2: I still haven't quite processed that whole situation that we just.
Speaker 1: The weirdest part. They've all formed a bond and it's called the Sisterhood. Yes, it's a cold the Sisterhood.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought they had a cute pet name for it. Anyway, I don't know. So he's dead, yes, yeah, And I'm like, why are we got to speak about it there?
Speaker 1: In? It was next level?
Speaker 2: Anyway? What else did she miss? Do you wanna do you want a bit of ice spray?
Speaker 1: Don't do it?
Speaker 7: Thought it smells a bit funny.
Speaker 2: No, it smells gorgeous in here. It's like danker rubb or whatever you call it.
Speaker 1: What is it called danker rub?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Well, denker in Germany is thank you, right, So does that mean it's thank you rub, thank you rub, thank you rub. Yeah, I wouldn't mind that a moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the denker rub the eat end, I'm saying, Dan. Anyway, pray this on you or do you want the heat spray?
Speaker 1: I've got to the heat will warm you up, Jen, Maybe.
Speaker 2: The heat Yeah, put that in the back of your neck. Okay, what else did she miss?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm moving back home, Jenna. Oh, you are with my parents.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 1: See she falls into that camp that thinks it's nice.
Speaker 7: Think it's a good idea. Why support system you don't have to pay. I assume you're not paying.
Speaker 1: I'm not paying rent, No, but I will contribute to groceries.
Speaker 2: I also found out that my hairdresser used to be a wiggle that was rent.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was a great moment.
Speaker 2: Wiggle Captain feather sword understudy.
Speaker 1: No, and my GP used to be job job from I five.
Speaker 7: It's burning my neck, JMA.
Speaker 2: You all right, yes, but like, think of how much better off you are with the aerosole option, because.
Speaker 1: What if you've got a bit of dpe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and you rub that on your hands and then rub it into your neck and then let's say you had an itchy mort and then you fucking reach your hand down there and then your flaps are on fire. That won't happen with the aerosol version.
Speaker 7: I want to put someone my lower back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or do you want the ice with the lower bat Do you want me to spray it?
Speaker 2: There go the cold one.
Speaker 1: Jesuscott.
Speaker 2: If Mitch sprayed in his face before he said you've got a headache, maybe sprayed on your face. Fucking don't do that. I was crying.
Speaker 1: That's good though, really, yeah, it's glowing.
Speaker 7: Oh that smells interesting.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So this is our last week, Jennifer, A couple of weeks and we'll come back. So next week I'm moving out of the house and moving back to my parents for a whole week because I don't have any movers, so I'm doing it back and forth to day because I use movers last time and I had got you know, a sponsored content or whatever, and I can't use them again. I'm just used them.
Speaker 2: We'll just pay for one.
Speaker 1: You're good for it.
Speaker 2: Think of all the money that you'll be saving on rent. Put that towards the removal if it's not worth the stress.
Speaker 1: But I don't have it. I don't have the big items. Hayden gets the bed. Hayden gets a lot of the furniture because he's going to a new apartment.
Speaker 2: Do you need a hand with move? And I've got it down to a fine art these days?
Speaker 1: Do you I need help me packing? More so?
Speaker 2: I've also got that down to a fine Well, why don't we have a little packing night, packing party?
Speaker 1: Packing party?
Speaker 2: I've told you before, that's how I trick all my friends into helping me pack. I'm like, guys, I'm having a packing party. If you have it a cute alliteration like that, it sounds fun. I'm like, I've got the one a lot of tight. I lure them to the house with that, and then I go, right now, fucking help me pack.
Speaker 1: He's a tape gun pack my fucking shit.
Speaker 2: It helps because someone they're making boxes, and.
Speaker 1: Then I can imagine, yeah, I can imagine very efficient. Yeah, I can't wait to be out of that house, a haunted mansion, so scary.
Speaker 2: Figure out the day that I'll come help you pack?
Speaker 1: Alright, I'll love to. I've got all week next week, Monday through Friday, gorgeous. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let me go for a walk after beautiful, not down King Street, Newtown?
Speaker 1: Fuck that? I message mech this week when I was walking King Street, I'm like, you're fucking right, this is rancid.
Speaker 2: How did you not come to that conclusion yourself? There's nothing tranquil about the main threat in Newtown.
Speaker 1: It's fucking I was listening to my breakup playlist and I saw it was distracted. But more recently, now I'm feeling a bit better. I got stuck behind a gagglet lesbians yesterday. It was awful. They're all going to that local bookstore. I couldn't get around them because you can't step onto the road because it's King Street, fucking Newtown. And then on the left you've got forty meters of Dendy Newtown Theater, so I can't go left or right around them. So I've just got to stand behind them and listen to them talk about Florence the Welch.
Speaker 7: She is very good.
Speaker 1: I love her. Okay, let's play a little bing go what suburbs do you think you could see me? In my new in about three months when I have to get my own place. Where do I fit in Sydney? I don't know. It's up to you.
Speaker 2: Where do you want to live?
Speaker 1: I've never lived in the like Paddington are at Surry Hills area.
Speaker 7: I see you.
Speaker 2: That would be a bit of a night there with a car, though it would be shitty everyone and most people in Sorry Hills don't drive.
Speaker 7: I see you as like Clovelly Bronti.
Speaker 1: You see me beachee? Do you see me beachy?
Speaker 2: It could be a beach era, maybe just because you're from the Shire and that's kind of beach adjacent.
Speaker 1: So and I do want you to hold me accountable. I don't want to be stuck in the Shire, back in my parents' house. I will once three months happens. I wonder if I can do that. Hey Siri, start a timer for three months titled wake Up. Oh, they can't be set for twenty four hours or more. Hey Siri, create a calendar event for three months time saying run.
Speaker 2: Why don't you try living in somewhere out west?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, to the suburban life.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's for the next three months. Every day is run. Oh God, every day of my Life run is scheduled, which could be good for my fitness ere that I'm in, but I delete that God series a fuck it. I know she's getting worse. I agree every Apple event, mill Siri new advancement, and she's dumber than.
Speaker 7: Ever as an idiot.
Speaker 2: If I was cooking tea, I used to be able to say, hey, sirius set a timer for three minutes and then I checked the fucking boiled rice or whatever. And now she just can't do it. She'll put a reminder for three minutes later. I'm like, no, I don't want the reminder. I want the alarm to go off, like you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I get yeah, all right, shall we head now? It's been a very low energy episode. Sorry to the idiots, but you know, if you can't. If you want us at our best, you have to have us at our lowest. Right, two weeks off will do you a world of good. It'll do me a world of good, and you can kill and bury a body or two in that time.
Speaker 2: We hope this podcast made you feel at least three percent better today.
Speaker 1: That's all just three percent, so we do. I don't feel three percent, butter it all. That's fine. And that's okay, that's all you've got.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm being cent dramatic. I'm like, ah, I'm the man flu. But genuinely, this is worse than COVID.
Speaker 1: I've got the flu. Have you done a COVID test? Yeah, you get and it's not that interesting.
Speaker 2: But also COVID just feels different, you know, you know, like I knew last time I had COVID. I woke up and I was like, ah, yep, this is COVID.
Speaker 1: I just knew.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it has its own unique feeling.
Speaker 1: And I agree, very fevery. I wonder if you the flu you're having now is so much worse because you've recently had COVID and they say, you know, how can they say COVID fucks your system?
Speaker 2: I thought that I was supposed to be heightened after COVID, Like I'm not just boost the jab. I'm elite now that.
Speaker 1: I've had COVID. Actually, I thought it was supposed to make my own system.
Speaker 7: Better for three months after. Yeah, you're like immune, Oh clearly.
Speaker 1: No, clearly not all right, three percent better all that bullshit. Hope it helps. We'll take a break. We love your five star review. If you can, please, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: Make sure you leave a review on Spotify as well. Yes, and if you're on Spotify or Apple, I'm sure it has the same feature. Tap the notification bell so that every time there's a new episode you'll bloody hear about it.
Speaker 1: Give it a red hot guy. Yeah, thanks for listening. Idiots, We'll see you soon, Catch you soon. Bye, barbe have you? Is it just Me? A podcast by a couple of meches. Make sure you get to follow on your podcast up