Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street, Richmond. This is the Christian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, it's I was about to say it's Tuesday morning. Look at that. We're in hunt day Wednesday already. Welcome to Wednesday everyone, it's two minutes bas six. Good morning. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three. So day one. Paying people's bills yesterday thanks to Tintaca. Don't drive naked this summer just under two thousand pounds. I've burnt through pounds.
Speaker 4: Oh hello, now do.
Speaker 3: You know what we do? Needed a swear charge? I thought? Do you know I'm gonna make it this year and not say it once? What's the date? The thirtieth of January. We've been in Downe like seven shows this year. Damn it?
Speaker 4: Should we get actually a swear draft? Visit swead around here for any time.
Speaker 3: You mention dollars?
Speaker 4: Dollars? And what's another one? You could do miles instead.
Speaker 3: Of miles Still struggle with that one. I still struggle with that one. I still sometimes say miles instead of kilometers. So, yeah, two thousand dollars yesterday. I tell you what's great about it is the power of having all that money because the boss isn't here when I'm giving it away. Suddenly there was some person I just wanted a bill of one hundred and forty dollars paying off. I gave them five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: What's the rules of that?
Speaker 3: It's up to me.
Speaker 4: I guess you're the one armed with fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now worried. You know, they were hoping this might go for a couple of weeks. If it's two thousand dollars a day that I'm burning through and I've only just started it, there's going to be more people that deserve a little little bump, up, up and upgrade and stuff like.
Speaker 4: That, especially as you get trigger hapy and start giving away ten grand on top of it.
Speaker 3: And suddenly we've only been doing it for three shows. So we got a busy show today, We've got Facebook Marketplace. Are we still going to do primetime radio about what we've got excited about? Yesterday? We really, because I woke up this morning and I thought, I don't know, maybe that was just yesterday after the show we were all a bit giddy. I thinks I can hangover sometimes and you agree, like to build a buy a shop with your best mate.
Speaker 4: Or we all say we'd get tattents of each other's names.
Speaker 3: And then you wake up their own. God, I'm not doing that ever. A terrible idea. I'm never going to talk of that ever again. Now suddenly I'm looking at the cold hard facts.
Speaker 4: Keep it on the whiteboard from now play.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, are we really going to do primetime radio today about printers?
Speaker 4: I think there's half an hour, if not an hour.
Speaker 3: So the big thing I really need to talk to you about, because you said yesterday you might be interesting this. I had a lot of conversations yesterday with people about feb Fast.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is taking off in our household over the last twenty four hours. I'd never thought about doing a challenge like this before you brought it up yesterday, which I don't even think you asked me to do. But I just jumped on board and said.
Speaker 3: I've never even heard of fed fast until the weekend. I was at this party Ocean Grove and met this guy was who was who was older than me, and yet he looked a lot younger. And he said, how once a year he does fed Fast. He does it because it's the shortest month of the year. It doesn't mean you've got to have a miserable January. You can still enjoy your drinks and eating over Christmas and it's just a nice reset. And he said he gets a lot from it. And so I started to make yesterday, but then I suddenly looked at my diary for February. I've got quite a few dates. And we've got Phil Collins this Friday night. It's a whole team night out. We're being brought free drinks, which really happens from the place here. And then I've got a couple of other things names the place here, the place here, the post code Lennix Street. And then you've got a couple of things in February as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, my mum reminded me last night that we.
Speaker 3: Have gone on a pub crawl. Yeah, get on that Kontiky tour Jack, don't forget we have Chu Chug Chug Chug.
Speaker 4: Thirty five Family extended family member Holiday now the Bellerine Peninsula.
Speaker 3: Oh beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we've got that on it. And my mum obviously would usually encourage me, Yes, your health, but don't drink. But I know she wants this to be a successful that me not drinking will throw it out of wax. So she's already given me a hall pass for that weekend.
Speaker 5: And let's face it, with that many family in one house, you need.
Speaker 4: To drink, I know, but this is my thing with it. If I do it, I want to do it one hundred percent. I don't want to. I don't want to hall passes. Doesn't it defeat the purpose.
Speaker 3: I've got some more information. So yesterday I get a phone call from the very guy I was talking about this time yesterday, called Brett. He called me. Happened to be listening. He heard us talking about it all and thankfully I was being nice about him, saying he was in good shape rather but just blow hard at the weekend. So he called me yesterday. He's got some more information. He heard you and I struggling with it and about the hall past thing. So he has a ruling for all of his clients that he trains about hall passes. After this song, tell you what it is. And also if you don't normally do these kind of fast or trying to stay off booze for a month. If Jack and I do this, we want to try and encourage other people to join us as well, to try and support each other because it won't be easy. What does that say if you say it can't you can't do a month without booze? You should come to be so big.
Speaker 4: We should be.
Speaker 3: But it tastes so nice. Jack, there's so much lovely wine to drink.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of you we're listening right now are often up at this hour. It's no big deal, is just what you do. And however, you would have heard the screaming last night for my kids as they're resetting their little alarm clocks for a nice, cheeky little six fifty wake up call this morning. They've even asked me. I've put it on my phone to call them at six fifty five. The if, the if they're still snoozing during their alarm just seeing their clumpy little school shoes this morning, all lined up in the in the hallway or but I polished them for them yesterday, Beau. They're gettingtress that about homework they were suddenly finding and also, Pats, I bet yours do this as well, clearing out the school bags that Arson do when they broke up on December the seventh, mold in drinks bottles. Honestly, it was almost like a hazmat suit and need a don to go into the lunch box. I had mold within mold like stranger things. That thing in there. I was right, it was going to pull me in.
Speaker 6: A family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was terrible at that. Honestly. I always had a banana or.
Speaker 3: There was a decaying banana with its own ecosystem, and a manky old avocado in a in a bag as well. It's found. It all goes out brownie kind of gooey stuff that as it decomposers as well. All right, So Jack and I are thinking about doing feb Fast. It is supposed to be from this Friday, no booze for the shortest month of the year. Already you and I are looking to weedl out off, not the whole thing, but one or two little timeouts a whole past.
Speaker 4: I thought, if we go into it. Maybe we go in one hundred percent. But even during that song, you were trying to bend my arm.
Speaker 3: Going to I've got this family event. I need alcohol to anethetize myself.
Speaker 4: Listen to.
Speaker 3: So here's what the guy Brett who told me all about this, who runs a gym and is a personal trainer, he said he tells his clients where he always does it to make it realistic, so that you would actually do to it and get the benefits. Rather thin thonk is a miserable thing to endure. Sure you can have two hall passes. Okay, all right? So and Saturday night? Now are we both cashing in Phil Collins? You know Tommy works on the shows. He's a young hip thing, right, he wants to do it, but he's not start it until one minute after midnight? I said, why are we're going to? Phil Collins? Goes, I can't get through that sober.
Speaker 4: Is that a reflection on Phil Collins? Or is that a reflection on tom and the rest of this?
Speaker 3: I think it's fifty percent both, Phil Collins, fifty percent Tom. So here isn't starting till Saturday. It's as going to start Saturday as well, and then my wife reminded me, we've been invited out to dinner. It's a couple of women, it's their birthday and they've been very kind. They've just invited us out with them, and obviously is normally an event like that. You'll be a pacesetter, right, she said, if you turn out and just waters me, actually, thanks mate, it will set a tone up. WHOA, I won't even have money. I just have a side of asparagus. Actually, how is everyone? You don't need alcoholics every good time? Everyone? Have you thought about then Jesus int your life as well. So I'm gonna, I don't know, I'm gonna. I've got this Dad's night out that I've been looking forward to to for ages a week Friday, So I'm going to do it. But I'm going to have two hall passes.
Speaker 4: But you've already got three events lined up.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go through the feel sober. I'm going to go feel sobert. Is that another sort of fasting plan? Feel sober where you try and go through October not listening to a Field Collins song Phil Sober God one I four point three. It's fifteen minutes past six. This is Natalie Imbruglia. So two Hall passes, yep, agreed, all right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we're just trying to put a plan together. We'd love some of you if you want to join us, Jack and I is this official? Is this our announcement?
Speaker 4: I pledge allegiance to the fed Fast.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're going to do fed Fast, no booze apart from two Hall passes. Yep. Even then, it doesn't sound it doesn't sound big.
Speaker 4: That's just on the end of passes.
Speaker 3: It's not like you know these celebrities sometimes they go listen. You know, if I've I'm really signed to my family and friends are going to go to rehab and I'm I'm not drinking anymore. I have got two Hall passes, got two big sessions. I'm really looking forward. They're going to smash those then you know, I'll stick to it all. So we're doing this, yep. Okay. Producer Beck who loves to have a good time at the weekends. Are you going to do fast or not?
Speaker 6: I'm thinking about I think if you've got I think if we do it collectively as a team, then will make it easier.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, does it mean or is that microphone changed again? This one sounds like the guy flying the plane do an announcement, say we're just going to climb to twenty thousand feet.
Speaker 6: We're just climbing to twenty thousand.
Speaker 3: Feet it is, So are you going to do it? Yes?
Speaker 6: Can I give you my final decision at the end of the show?
Speaker 3: No? Now or never? Are you doing two Hall.
Speaker 6: Sat on Saturday as well?
Speaker 3: Though? After Phil that's when passes?
Speaker 6: Okay, done?
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, Tommy's in, producer Beck is in, producer bad Are you in? Yes?
Speaker 4: Indeed?
Speaker 3: Good man? Okay, someone's very quiet.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard from the news booth or mor.
Speaker 3: I about to say are you in today? Pats? Oh, someone's got it. We've got a hangover or something in there.
Speaker 4: You don't have to I don't know.
Speaker 5: You don't have to twist it behind my alcoholic.
Speaker 3: It's voluntarily, is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You don't have to do it. You don't have to, absolutely not. If you've got a problem, that's fine. Gosh, you're know you're there yet. You haven't hit your bottom.
Speaker 5: So I've got two Hall passes?
Speaker 4: Was it two Hall passes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'll take one for the team.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, you don't team. You do this for Pats.
Speaker 5: I will no, I will no.
Speaker 3: I don't want you doing it anymore. Now we run, I'll kick you out.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three was standing on a precipice. Do you join us? We're going to do feb Fast. Never done anything like this before. I'm really going to miss wine. I'm really going to miss red wine, but I'm going to do this, So no booze for the month of February, the shortest month of the year, whin and two Hall passes to still enjoy some drinks.
Speaker 4: Let's clarify, tom thought Hall passes was the whole weekend, so you could have two whole teams.
Speaker 3: Do we work with one event, but it's not seventy two hours. This way, you're actually drinking more, Tommy, it's not binge drinking month. This month. I'm just going to go binge drinking. I'm just going to lose it all weekend, but then we reclean all week all right, So if you're up for this nine four one four one oh four three Brennan.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: Now, buddy, you're going to join us.
Speaker 7: I am going to join you.
Speaker 3: Indeed, yes, welcome bren So rules have you ever done anything like this before?
Speaker 7: I have not?
Speaker 3: Good? Okay, and you don't have to share with us. But you've got any reasons you want to lose a bit of weight or just want to have a clean month. No, no reas is.
Speaker 7: I just found lately, after having a beer a couple of siders, I haven't enjoyed it, so I've actually rather than lemon but or a coke. All right, so I'll figure why not get on board. The stomach could swing down a little bit, and the paypeck it could be a little bit better as well.
Speaker 3: There you go. Wait, yeah, you can have a nice little reset. And do you want to use the two Hall passes or do not need them?
Speaker 7: I don't think I need.
Speaker 3: Them, but look they're there. If you call us at any point say hall pass, we'll released one of your Hall passes. Okay. Do you know what, maybe the people that join our group, like Brendan, we control the Hall passes and when they're released.
Speaker 4: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 3: And then they have to call up, you have to call out an upmaker case or why the hall pasty is. We can either talk them out of it or go okay, yeah, you need your hall pass and if they.
Speaker 4: Really don't want it, they can lend it to Path because you know she's not gonna make it.
Speaker 3: I'll probaboy wait here, Oh Keith Richardson, Brendan welcome on board.
Speaker 1: Okay, say you Christian the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I doubt you were listening on Sunday Morning Primetime some of like eight am. They gave me an hour of radio to play some of my favorite songs and bands I've got into since moving here. That was in my top five songs Powderfinger love that band. And one of my ambitions is is to somehow make them reform for a one off show. During the last one was I think it was like something like the thirteenth of November twenty in Brisbane.
Speaker 4: Okay, my homework. Did they reform for? I'm just trying to grab a memory here for some sort of benefit like the maybe the bush fires or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, so they so they have reform before for a good call.
Speaker 4: Am I getting any nods from any No one else is remembering.
Speaker 3: This the mate. They're catching up on some podcasts at the moment. Do you know about the why? I didn't realize last week they're speakers out there were broken. They didn't hear a word of the show, and yet every day they come and go another great show. Is he any good to know? I don't know what it's time to go back in time on this day Mystery, on this day all right, six twenty one God one I four point three, Good morning. It's to Christian O'Connell breakfast show on this day in Mystery. Each morning, Jack, Pats and I are in charge of this feature and we take you back in time January the thirtieth. Today it's Patsy it is.
Speaker 8: It was on this day and Mystery boys that a famous live performance with a bit of a twist took place. See if you can cotton on as to who would involved have a listen to this? Oh, any ideas?
Speaker 4: I have an idea I wish to say.
Speaker 3: I can't say.
Speaker 5: I do know you've got it, haven't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But I wonder if anyone listening will this morning it's amazing here on that it's a that is a real moment of slice of history.
Speaker 4: Just hearing that, I actually don't know. I think I think it could be one of two things. But I'm going to look in the guess and write it down the show to you during this.
Speaker 3: On Okay, all right, go a scorn out. I respect to how seriously you take this feature? Nothing else on the show? This one is really really strokes a chord. So locking it in. What are we wanna quiz show? Grant and you're going to come in and host it and take care of from me? Lock in your answers. Now, are you want nine four three nine four one for one oh four three? What happened on the day Mystery.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: We're doing on this stay in here? Oh no, no, no, on the stay in Mystery? Can we hit it these bits? Um, well, we go back on this day in history and you've got to work out what actually happened great one today, key moment in rock and roll on this day mystery on this day to Patsy, So what are the clues that you give into this little clip?
Speaker 8: Yes, it's a famous live performance with a twist, first of its kind.
Speaker 3: There's a warm fuzzn't there about the equipment there? You listen to that a slice of rock and rold history. But what exact slices is it? Deb reckon, She's got the answer. Good morning, Debbie, Good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you Christian Pets and Jack?
Speaker 3: Well, we're all very well. Welcome to the show. Thanks for giving us a cool How are you this morning?
Speaker 4: Very well?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 9: Running around getting ready for work as usual?
Speaker 3: And what do you do, Debbie?
Speaker 4: I work for a law firm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a lawyer. You're in charge of the lawyers?
Speaker 9: No, yeah, just assistant Edmund.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So it's very good, very lovely people.
Speaker 4: Any exciting cases coming in there?
Speaker 3: Because you know, she could tell what a great way to get poor Debbie fired and enter and pay your bills because she started to talk about cases.
Speaker 9: You can't do, Jack, sorry, trying to get poor Debbie fired?
Speaker 3: Debbie, Debbie, what do you think? What do you think it is? Here's another little listen. What do you reckon? It is?
Speaker 9: It's the Beatles' last live performance on the top of the Abbey Road studios.
Speaker 3: It is it is, well done. Yeah, very good. I don't think, Pats, you've probably got the correct infar. I think it was number three Savile Road and it was the Management Corporation rooftop gig. It's amazing. It's this, oh, nineteen sixty nine, is it, Pats? Yeah, totally unannounced. Do you watch the little footage of this. There's this people on their lunch break eating sound, just going bets up somewhere. Amazing. I would have loved to be to go back in a time machine to that to nineteen sixty nine to see them play live. They thought they did about seven or eight songs until the police turned up to say could you turn the volume down and stop? They played onto three more songs and obviously the beats was a great sense of humor, you know, Paul and John and Ringo and George and I think during the when the police turned up, Paul McCartney saw them and changed the lyrics, improvised the lyrics to get back and starts talking about the police have turned up. We're probably only going to do one or two more songs into the lyrics of it. You can watch the whole thing online. I saw it last night. It's only about twenty two minutes. It's incredible. Have you've seen it, Pats? They look so cool.
Speaker 5: They did have a look lass.
Speaker 4: So did they get arrested? No, No, they're just good toys.
Speaker 3: Good police, that's right. Yeah. At first the people in the offices down below, when they realized what was going on as the Beatles up on the roof plane just doing some songs, refused to let the police in. Then the police, by British polite police, well we may have the rest some of you and okay, then you had to come in. Can they just do can they just finish their sets? And then years later, when did you two? Was it streets have No Name? That amazing? Is this filmed in black and white?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That had the video for where the streets have no Name? Where they did it in? Is it Vegas? That amazing video where they did the unannounced rooftop gig. I think its streets have no Name. I've should have done my research, but that's a great one, Pats, well down, thanks for my us of that account.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: The scenes right now in the studio, young Jack posts we have to be very very careful not to startle this rare exotic bird in the studio right now. He has been practicing for what we're about to do for the last hour. I'm impressed.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is. I don't even know what do you call this. It's a calculator with a printer attached into it.
Speaker 3: That's a great start, because it's a calculator with a printer attached into it. I don't know what to call this start with. Calculator, Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: I think it's one that like, as you calculate, it prints it off. Yeah, a little.
Speaker 3: We used to see these a lot of sort of you know, officers used to have them. The old one they make that great noise, is that, Jimmy, the old till as well, the big old noisy till bang your fist down to a bit of wine, and that dray stitution would hit you in the gut if you're anywhere near it. Things used to make proper sounds. Now it's all soft and stuff like that. But now that's so the reason why we need this is because I actually have fifty thousand dollars Christian O'Connors dollar.
Speaker 9: Your bills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, started yesterday two easy steps of this take your less than sixty seconds. Thanks to tintacar, I've got fifty thousand dollars. Do not drive naked this summer. Tint your bits thanks to tinter car. I think that's what they do. You go in there, they tint you. You don't need any slipsop anymore. It's done all right. So you need to go to gold one oh four to three dot com to au upload the bill you'd love us to be paying off and stand by your phone at now ten, eight am, one pm, and four pm. I am busy, busy, busy making calls during the next couple of weeks. Jackie boy, Day one yesterday, is that calculator ready.
Speaker 4: Ready to go?
Speaker 3: Let's do some math. Seven am this time yesterday, paul In bezel To took my call. I paid one one thousand, six hundred and fifty dollars. Listen, ten am Tammy took my call. Someone scanned a debit card. She only wanted fifty nine dollars. I chucked another forty one on there so she could have a nice night out because she's had a tough time. So make that one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: I didn't I made it ninety nine, Sorry.
Speaker 3: Got it, you've had the extra. Thank you? What o'clock? A great chat with Roger in Hampton. He's into his motorbikes. He wanted a footpeg extensions so that him and his wife she could ride pillion and be a bit more comfortable. That was one hundred and fifty dollars and fifty five cents. Don't forget the fifty five cents, So all got to come out my budget. Fifty thousand more decimal. Yes, it could be the point. The full stop button, the full stop button. And then four o'clock yesterday spoke to Andrew. He literally paid off a beer tab. I love that one. He'd had a good night. Ninety three dollars went to Andrew. All right, how much did I spend yesterday?
Speaker 4: A grand total of one thousand, nine hundred and ninety two dollars and fifty five cents.
Speaker 3: That's just day one, which leads me with lot money just to say a lot mode no, because I've got fift yeah minus.
Speaker 4: Though one nine two fifty five equals equals what.
Speaker 3: Have you done?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: What's he doing? By?
Speaker 4: Here we go forty eight thousand and seven dollars forty five cents.
Speaker 3: It's great because kids are all back to school and it's good for kids to hear this. Work hard at kids, or you'll be reduced to doing this for a so called living that Jack and I do. All right, we're about to call someone right now. The good news is we got to do is just be ready by a phone. I call you, pick up, we pay the bill, and do you know what goes into your bank account the day we pay your bill or there you get a phone call from me. So you're going to be an instant winner. You've got the number ready to go. Yeah, you're primed, all right, Cool up now.
Speaker 4: Pass of the big green button.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's pressing a quick green button. Everyone needs to know about this green by. I mentioned that yesterday.
Speaker 9: Hello, I'm speaking.
Speaker 3: Oh hi, there is that Melissa Eddies?
Speaker 9: Is that Christian?
Speaker 3: Yes? It is? Why am I calling you? Menissa?
Speaker 9: I put in a bill for you to pay for me?
Speaker 3: We are paying your bill of one thousand, two hundred and fifty five dollars biss paid.
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, thank you, Oh god, thank you. It means so much to me. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: What doesn't tell me about this? Then? So you're you're trying to get your Teaching aid certificate so you can follow your dream. You want to go into teaching, which is great. The world needs great teachers like you, Melissa.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, thank you. Yeah. No, Look, I finally decided that it's time to follow what I want to do. So I'm taking that first step. I'm going to do my course and do what I need to do. And I really want to work with special needs kids.
Speaker 3: So doing that, Oh, what a great, great thing to do, such special bit of a people that need help from people like you. That's great. So when can you start? I really started, and this is just paying off some bills. Who can take the pressure off a bit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, look that it'd be nice. Yeah. So I start the course in February, and I would have had to be paying it off while I was studying. So just having that bill not there, it's going to take so much pressure off while I while I'm trying to study and do something less than I have to think about. So oh, it's amazing. It's amazing because not having that that stress.
Speaker 3: I think that big bill, do you know what I think? I think we need to bump up what we give you because you're doing such a this is such a special thing.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to bump it up. Now you wanted one two hundred and fifty five, We'll bump that up to one thousand and seven hundred and fifty. Wow. So hopefully that will take the pressure off for a bit. Okay, So one thousand, seven hundred and fifty that is yours. It into the calculator.
Speaker 4: Jackie boy, you've got him in a great time the start of the competition where there seemly money.
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, thank you. This means so much to me, guys, and I'm just I'm so thankful, Thank you, Christian, Thank you gold everybody. It means so much.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen that the thanks is us to give to you because without people wanting to go and do jobs like that, you know, I think it's amazing what you're doing. Good for you. So anything anything we can do to help is easy for us to do. Melissa, well done. Let us know how it goes over the next couple of months. It came out.
Speaker 9: I definitely will thank you guys.
Speaker 3: All right, good luck, good on you.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, thank you bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Sometimes in this job, even in a so called creative job like this, I have to be confronted with something which mectually physically sick and my balls drop off. They're called spreadsheets, and for this the worst thing about giving us money away, right, it's the spreadsheets. I'm giving a daily spreadshere sheet with all the numbers that are meant to be calling, you know, for ten am, one o'clock this afternoon at four o'clock, and somebody puts together spreadsheet doesn't know how to drag over it? Is it the columns? And so you go online, you upload your bill. Can you tell us a bit about that bill and what it would mean to you to have the money I'm interested in. I want an be able to help you out. But unfortunately, because of the column and stuff like that, it squeezed down at about nineteen pages just one sentence, so one doesn't what's the word? Is it tabulate or the are they rose?
Speaker 4: One or two words? Max Perl.
Speaker 3: Your paragraphs are honestly just about a dental bill or an implant or something. All right, So hey, listen, Jack, I need to ask a really big favor.
Speaker 4: Oh I'll be happy to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't know what it is yet. That's the thing about favors. You've got to know, and you will have to go away and speak to somebody else about this.
Speaker 4: Oh, you still want to put something in my skip? No you have stuff to throw away.
Speaker 3: No, these people can't go and skips.
Speaker 4: Hey, hi Jack, Hello Christian.
Speaker 3: You've met my kids?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, you like my kids. I love them. They're great.
Speaker 3: Now do you remember last year you said that you're gonna you're happy to look after him for a weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh? I thought, I said, I've taken to a footy game mate.
Speaker 3: You said you would look after them for the weekend. You how would you like to look after my children for the weekend in March?
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 3: They're not listening because they really they absolutely love you and and I hope they're not listening, you flake.
Speaker 4: They gorgeous kids.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I just didn't know. I'll do it.
Speaker 3: But you can't. You don't have the you're not the VP. We need to get the president on the phone. And that's the aanche. You don't sign off on this. I don't want an answer now. You said this last time and my wife went, oh, we can have a night away chats that means nothing. It's just check with bankor and you came beating him Monday when we can't do it. I've checked all possible dates you were ever going to give me, and it's a no for the next nineteen years, all right, when they're thirty two, they can come and stay. All right.
Speaker 4: It's a yes from me, pending a yes from Bianca. What's the weekend and I'll get it. I'll get approval.
Speaker 3: Just a weekend that you can both do in March.
Speaker 4: All right, so open ended, smart from you, because it means that we can't have planned the first.
Speaker 3: Time with this rodeo, my faky friend, I'm onto you shut shutting.
Speaker 4: All weekends of March. I mean, honestly, we would the whole weekend, just one night.
Speaker 3: Because we want to go away to Tasmania for the weekend. We've been offered an amazing opportunity. But it means obviously you'd have to pick them up from school. Why am I even asking you? You can't even operate that school, but they can't make that You've got to look pick them up from school?
Speaker 4: Do they ride their bikes home?
Speaker 3: But yeah, but you'll still need to you know, supervise this, and so you look and Saturday night I.
Speaker 4: Go on my bike and we all ride home together.
Speaker 3: Sure, but even doing that, you need to go in the middle so that you could get eyes in front and back.
Speaker 4: Do we stay at your house or do they come to our house?
Speaker 3: It's up to you, guys. You're all the welcome our place, okay. And do they have to do like work in the vegetables. Yes, of course they do. You're going to feed them. And don't we putting them in that skit.
Speaker 4: By the work vegetables. What else do we need to know?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, you need to check with her at the half okay, yep, yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: And do they need constant entertainment or can they entertain themselves? Like does it need to be movie? Then bowling?
Speaker 3: Then they're very self contained. But if you could they love that When we came around to yours, coulor weeks ago, when you talked they ticket to ride. They love that game.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the the day you came over. Is the only thing that's stuck in my head as a red flag. Well, because we saw with my kids, well we saw, didn't we see behind the scenes a little bit when when you when the dog stepped in the pavlover that Ruby made yea.
Speaker 3: Pats get this right. So Ruby, my fourteen year old loves to bait and the kids already excited about finally come around and see Ankor and Jack's place. And so she was going to make a pavlova. My wife and I it's quite intense make one of those Australians are really into pavlover's second art form. Ruby takes it on. She's very, very proud of it rightly, so it looks amazing. And then we met Jack and Biancare, we met our dogs. We thought we would have a walk with our dogs first of all, get them introduced to each other. Then go back and break out the pafl over. I open up the book of the car. Got this click on my key that just opens up the book of the car. I've got a big German shepherd dog. I've forgotten that the pavlover is in the back of the car. Gets a dog to jumped up, pour on pavlover melt down. Did you see her turn on me? Yes? And my wife threw me under the bus, stormed off. She got in the car and slammed the door.
Speaker 4: That's the only thing I'm worried about. I don't know if Bianca and I are ready to deal with a teenage tantrum should it arise.
Speaker 8: Well, this is a good test, Jack to see if you're going to have kids, a trial run and you can give them back.
Speaker 3: It'll push you one word the other the pair of you and push you. It is the keyword. I'll leave it with you, okay.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you Bianca, all right, it's nervous excitement from me.
Speaker 3: Perhaps, what's the it's do you think they will take up this opportunity of a lifetime.
Speaker 8: We're sorry for Bianca because if she says no, looks really bad.
Speaker 4: She may have four things on in March. Oh, come on, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It is time for this. It's the Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 6: Price is right, Petrina Jones chum on yels.
Speaker 3: Post, Hello, Christian, all right, this is that works there? Every week we have a trawl through Facebook Marketplace. Some of the tat that is being sold, some of the unusual descriptions. I read out the item description on what it is Jack and Patster has got to guess how much they're asking for. Let's get straight into it this week with this headline item industrial microscope. Wait Russian? How many time you got some cheap, shoddy one? You want the very best in.
Speaker 4: The Russian microscope indust So it's like, how big is this thing?
Speaker 3: Seems to be in good order, don't know anything about it? Great start, a great start, Ye, it was my father's. And then so it says here chillingly, so selling it has to do as the way is it one of his? What is someone up to in Australia with a Russian industrial microscope?
Speaker 6: I use it for.
Speaker 3: And also if you are a scientist you were looking for a cheap knockoff one on Facebook marketplace, you know you're going to find your cure for the common cold. There are you some manky microscope you're going to get driver to Hazelbrook to go and get.
Speaker 4: We should get it in here and we can do that toothb brush test I was telling you about yesterday where you look at the brittle.
Speaker 3: I came the other day and there were toenail clippings on this desk. No, seriously, and I'd like to get that DNA examine to work out which little pig that is.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's collect them, because that can only be one of two people, right, Whipy or Gap or.
Speaker 5: You Whippy is a clean freak.
Speaker 4: It's not web Well, his house is claim yeah, radio cleans.
Speaker 3: He's dirting down here?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: How much do you think they're asking for?
Speaker 4: Four hundred dollars?
Speaker 5: I'm going to say three hundred.
Speaker 3: What's fifty dollars buys you an industrial microscope? Russian diamond rings here in Melbourne? Have I got a bargain for you?
Speaker 6: Up right?
Speaker 3: Roll up, roll up diamonds? Have I got a bargain for you? Take advantage of my pain, poorts, take advantage of my pain and suffering and securing yourself a great deal with these stunning diamond rings. What a great grift? Or why not melt them down and redesign these beautiful diamonds into something more unique? Yeah, we all know how to melt down diamonds, don't. It's a gas one hundred and eighty for an hour, turn them them fan for why not nutting them down with that Industrial revolution microscope?
Speaker 5: So how many are there?
Speaker 3: It's a pair?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Two weddings?
Speaker 3: Or are getting engaged in the engagement and then you get the wedding?
Speaker 5: How many diamonds?
Speaker 3: Sorry, doesn't say here? I forgot we have the old the jeweler on the show? Can we just get my julder's eyepiece?
Speaker 4: What's it called? Pat gemologists?
Speaker 3: Geologists?
Speaker 6: Is that a word?
Speaker 5: Or geologist?
Speaker 3: No, the study of rocks?
Speaker 5: I think fifteen hundred.
Speaker 4: Geologists fifteen hundred for two thousand.
Speaker 3: You said, have I got a barg of you going once, going to Ie, going thrice to Patsy fifteen hundred on the.
Speaker 4: Welterne Really you're so good at those wedding rings.
Speaker 3: Who wants a ride on law mower? Who doesn't want a John Deere ride on warrigal? Great us condition? Ex wife took the house, kids, and my mate left me with this? Okay, this is that?
Speaker 1: This is so?
Speaker 3: Is it ex wife at the house, the kids and his mate. Was he in storage or something in the garage.
Speaker 4: Or a little bit of the old It sounds like she's run off with the found.
Speaker 3: You too many sessions on the on ride or mower?
Speaker 4: So why is he telling you if this is his last bit of property cash even cleaned out, it's even got a mate to go down the bub.
Speaker 5: With his mate was trimming the grass.
Speaker 3: I beg your pardon? Is that like a Brazilian? I can't say that. What's up with her? No wonder she doesn't want to do fab fast raging? Time to downsize before she can get her Chichen Hans on anything else? Poor guy, no house, no grass, no use. This is the saddest one we've read out no life.
Speaker 5: Oh, I want to give him money?
Speaker 4: I know, should we buy it? Branded up as a gold cristure company?
Speaker 3: And also people get irritated. I don't think you can ride them on the streets going really slowly on one of those Where's Jerks?
Speaker 4: Show?
Speaker 3: Is that I'm gonna never listen to that show? How much is it going for this ride? On myth?
Speaker 4: This poor guy five hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: Top of the range. Isn't a chat there? Yes to John Dear, makes perfect sense. Won't see much change? I love that phrase. We go won't see much change? Our five k for one of those All right, I've got one amazing item coming up next on Facebook Marketplace to prices right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three it's.
Speaker 4: The Facebook marketplace price.
Speaker 3: Right, Petrina Jones, come.
Speaker 5: On leading to one post.
Speaker 3: Come on, don't shout at me, your host, Christian Oh that's about to say any idea? What the schools? I've forgotten to make a note of it. Your pants? Are you winning?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 3: Right? Okay when it comes to tap pat tat tatty pats item, you can draw this one. Okay, this is a two pointer. I think this is amazing salivating the image here and the thought of owning such an amazing l X firefighter truck.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yes, we should buy this, no matter.
Speaker 3: The price prages. I thought, you know, you see radio stations with the old tinted out black thunders everywhere, and they look great. They look cool. I've always thought we need something different. You remember mentioned the tank.
Speaker 4: Sadly, you're actually honestly, earnestly can you drive a.
Speaker 3: You look into getting a procuring a tank for the show that we can get logoed up X firefighter truck. It's just as good as a tank.
Speaker 4: It's better.
Speaker 3: You know, what's trying to do? A siren noise? Then? What happened to me? Whoa, there's a breakfast emergency someone needs a funny breakfast show, so the three of us drive around, get someone to do that, drive it around? You know, Hi everyone, This is him talking, by the way, not me. Hi everyone. The time has come to sell my fire truck, as I have a newborn and have no time to play with it. I hope he's reporting to the newborn, not the fire truck. I'd rather someone else have it than it's sitting and I drive away and wasting away fully functional. And that's a fair bit of Gearston in it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I don't even know how you play with a fire truck. Do you drive it around and go and wash down cars, buildings, dogs, big dogs?
Speaker 3: I mean? Or do you take people for rights on it or just cruise.
Speaker 4: Around rescue cats out of trees?
Speaker 3: I do think you just do that, you know, voluntarily, and just show up and start doing it. Anyway. Imagine if we've got this, it's in Sydney, so we'd have to get someone to drive over here, you.
Speaker 4: Know, that's the easy part.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Just how much do we need, though to for this show to own a fire truck that we can turn into a black thunder?
Speaker 4: I honestly think if it's all working and it has gear in it.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful looking one as well.
Speaker 4: If it's under ten grand, we'd be stupid not to get it.
Speaker 3: It's red Joe intil August as well. Pass what's your bid?
Speaker 5: Has it got how many cases on it or not?
Speaker 3: Doesn't say?
Speaker 4: I don't think fire engines do a lot of k's there. You don't road trip in a fire engine. You only go to and from the fire.
Speaker 3: No, sometimes they go and they do a little cruise around, don't they. You know they go to go to where they fill up. They've got their own fuel supply there at the at the station. At the station, yeah, yeah, they've got a car wash there as well. You don't never que behind her. Find like a load of fire engines on a Monday when they go and clean up the trucks and.
Speaker 4: They're always so clean, sparkling.
Speaker 3: Well, they've got access to water.
Speaker 4: They no, excuse me, thirty fire So I'm going to say ten grands.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say twenty five twelve, Oh.
Speaker 4: Do get it.
Speaker 3: I would love nothing more than having this firefighter truck to get fully logoed up. That's a siren for by the way, And I've done in my siren sound effect. What do you think the boss.
Speaker 4: Take it out of pay your bills, pay our own fire truck bill.
Speaker 3: So I'm calling you at one o'clock today. Jack's answered, what's your butt? It was twelve thousand dollard's Christian for a fire truck. All right, that's this week's space work marketplace. The price is right. If you see anything you think we could use next week, I will give little prizes away for anything that we use that you find. Email me Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see we are going to do this show.
Speaker 4: Just remember back to yesterday when we all thought it was a fantastic idea. Try and channel that spirit.
Speaker 3: Give me mom. Yeah, okay, good morning. It's the Christian at Connor Breakfast Show, Gold one I four point three. Now the printer, the home printer, the place printer. Can you get half an hour of top drawer, top notch primetime breakfast radio entertainment on that and we can? I hope we can.
Speaker 4: But now that I see the confidence drop out of your face.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not at all.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we were talking about printers, and I was just saying, how flip and expensive the ink cartridges are liquid gold basically, you know, it's the printer. Is the easy bit? Buying that thing, pick up one of those, you know, no big deal, but then filling the thing up every couple of weeks or it's needy. It's am on the yellow and I don't need I don't bringing up bits of the sun any time now. Now I'm out of my genta. And all these colors you don't even whilst he's in boiling cyan and magenta, and then he got the black. Sometimes they they're really thirsty on the old black, aren't they. They've got two different types of black? Do they really? Mine has some great big thing, this guy persuading me to buy him. I've got one of these big old it's massive. Well, it's like a thing you could run an account's company with. I don't know why I've got it, but the guy said, this thing is a great one. It's a brother one, but it's huge, ugly, big old thing. But it is, And is it?
Speaker 4: How do you run the color situation in your house? Is it just free will?
Speaker 3: Or come to me and go, dad, it's playing up again. Needs to go and mend it.
Speaker 4: My dad was there is almost against the law to use color printing. Really, yeah, you had to ask permission. What do you mean in the house, because it was it kept running out, so we had to ask permission to use the color.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they use that at will.
Speaker 4: Oh that's you've got to put the chains on it.
Speaker 3: And often when they're doing homework, they haven't formatted it right, so they just turn out that that's twenty bucks gone up and to off again.
Speaker 4: We even were encouraged to do you have to go.
Speaker 3: Dad, it's been really good. Can we have a color piece of paper?
Speaker 4: We had to event for our school homework or anything we wanted to do that just had text in it, so just black on white paper. We were encouraged to make it fifty percent gray, so highlight the whole text, go to the drop down and make it fifty percent gray as the color because it is only half the black ink.
Speaker 3: All right, So here's what yesterday I was just saying, how expensive these these printers aren't there and it's the cartridges that that inc. I was even saying, how you know places should have you know, like you go past the servo and you've got how much it is for a liter of fuel. It should be how much it is for for ink. So they should do it so we can all drive around and compare them and stuff like this. Anyway, listening to all this, the cartridge warehouse, you'll never ware house here, don't you barbecue warehouse if it's not aware, I'm not going there, not a tiny little place. I need a warehouse. The cartridge warehouse image that whole ware house of these cartridges.
Speaker 4: Only us you sell to public, but for you, sir, take a look up.
Speaker 3: And see me around the back. And their catchphrase, if it exists, we can get it. Wow old claim in in Yes, yeah, let's narrow that down. Okay, all right, so we've got do you know what this is amazing? Now I can now give away during the next half an hour the chance to fill up your printer. Forget about filling up your car. That's old school radio. It's now time to fill up your printer.
Speaker 4: That's a great prize.
Speaker 3: I reckon that's worth more, don't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to fund up your print.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Brad Our producer bought a new printer because it was cheaper than buying the in cartridges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's got one of those laser dot matrix one those really old one you know, with the perforated paper, some kind of diddy printer or something that you know. So how do you win this amazing prize this morning of having your printer filled up for free on us thanks to the cartridge warehouse. If it exists, they will find it. You need to call us up, tell us the story to deal with a printer. This is where this other will fly or sink? Have people got up their sleeves good stories about printers? You told us a nice one. I like it. Have we got any more out there in Melbourne? A funny or amusing story about the printer at home or the printer at work? Yep?
Speaker 4: Maybe even don't put the pressure of it has to be funny, all right, just a slightly interesting story about a printer.
Speaker 3: All right? Okay, no, let's lower it completely. Let's have no bar to this. Just a story about a printer might have me a long winded, pointless one. Do you have a story about a printer at work or at home?
Speaker 4: And then how about how about we put a dollar value of what kind of gift card you get at the Cartridge Warehouse on how good the story was?
Speaker 3: Okay? Cool in now the nine four one four one oh four three once more mil when we were testing the boundaries of radio. Is this a mistake or are there interesting stories about printers? Nine four one oh four three. We'll find out at the side of this on Gold one o four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Printers the phone in only on Gold one o four point three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. All right, so I have five of you can get your printer filled up. What a price this has come from us just talking about it yesterday. How expensive expensive is to get inkjet for those cartridges. So thanks to the Cartridge Warehouse, five of you can win a life changing price this morning. Get your printer filled up on us.
Speaker 4: Think of all the things you can print in color?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, huh. All we need to do is give us a story about a printer. All right, We're ready now to go to our first call this morning. Good morning, Catherine, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good. I'm excited about printers. The phone in.
Speaker 12: Well, well, I think printer cartridges were invented for people like me because back in the days, that's back in the eighties, when I was a junior in an office, one of my jobs to be tough with filling up the toner drum of the printer from the big container of ink. Now it wasn't liquid, it was powder, and it was lighter than talcum powder. So I bet you can see where this is going. So you had to click the big container into the cartridge, pull out the cartridge out of the tona out of the printer, and then you pull out a little valve that releases the tone of powder into the actual printer container of ink. But somehow it didn't click into place. It fell off and this black tone of powder exploded throughout the office. How they kept me on employment, I don't know. I'm sure there was murmurs about giving me the sack because there was black, fine, black powder everywhere in this beautiful, pristine, white reception area.
Speaker 3: And Catherine, I'm guessing then the princes there must have been huge. Do you remember how big TVs used to be? Do you remember that big old TV at school that was on Wells and used to like two teaches. You used to have to wheel into your assembly. So Princess then must have been huge, and you.
Speaker 12: Only had one for probably twenty or thirenty people. So this printer was out of action until we could clean up the mess.
Speaker 9: So it was not popular.
Speaker 3: All right, Katherine, I'm going to fill up your printer.
Speaker 9: I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: To pay the mortgage this.
Speaker 3: Week, we're paying your bills and we're filling up your printer. What kind of radio station is this? It's amazing, Catha, thank you very much. Let's go to Steve. Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good. Welcome to printers the phone in. What have you got for Steve?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm sure there's lots of stories like mine that I've been having an argument with my little color printer for about a month because the little you know, when you were saying before, how one of the color says it's not happy, it's gonna be replacement all that. Well, the black one came up with that about a month ago. I got a new black one. I'll put the black one in, and then one next to it, which happens to be blue, says, oh, I'm not happy.
Speaker 4: Now this always happens, and it's coming.
Speaker 10: Up saying it didn't say it was empty. It just said, no, the blue one's not right. So to pull the blue one out, put the blue one back in. Okay, the yellow one next to the blue one says no, I'm not happy. And I tried so long, like literally weeks to get each of the that I ended up turning it off. For the last two weeks, it's just been off and I've given up. But a couple of days ago, I thought I've got I've got to beat this printer. It can't get to beat you, you know, And so I've gone back to it. I've pulled everyone out, I'll put them all back in one at a time, and I've pushed them down a little bit more until the light's gone off. And now I've had to I had to do that like two or three times before eventually it says, oh, all right, I can print something. And so something that I sent to the printer a month ago started printing out, Well.
Speaker 3: Well done, Yeah you've won. I mean, Steve, is there another item in the house you swear at more than the printer?
Speaker 10: Not really, I mean normally what happens is when when they get to that stage, I just throw them out because like, yeah, as you're saying, because of the inc is just totally not worth it. You know, for the eighty bucks to the printer coast, I can just gone by another printer for the income.
Speaker 3: I don't know what borold Sir David Adamer is going to make of that. You know, the next Planet Earth documentary is going to go yea millions of more discarded printers. Absolutely, that is such a funny story. It is. They just they take over you. It's like you're a scientist working in a nuclear reactor trying to keep this thing online or the whole world's going to blow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly. And I've got a bit of a tech background, so it's extra annoying because it's like I know how it works, just works, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, Steve very well told you sum up asactly how all of us feel about these things. So you get your printer filled up on us, Thank you very much to work. Yes, once you get it to work, Steve, thank you very much. You killing I have a good day.
Speaker 10: Thank you you too.
Speaker 9: Bye.
Speaker 3: He now did it there, he said that all there is to say about them. Wendy, Hello, Christian welcome into printers. The phone in ah Hi Christian, good morning, Good morning, Wendy. What can you tell me about printers?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I had a very expensive top of the range printer scanner which was sitting under my windows so I could enjoy.
Speaker 11: The views every about it.
Speaker 13: In a week or so, watched all these little ants coming in through the window and thinking, hmm, really must do something about those ants. And then one day I had to actually scan something, so I opened up a lid of my scanner. The whole colony of ants had made a mess in my printer. It was now just an ant home. So I had to throw the whole thing out.
Speaker 3: An ant colony in the printer and in the printer.
Speaker 13: I don't know what made them do it, but yeah, the whole colony events. It was like when you opened up the printer. At the top of the scanner, it just looked, you know, like those little glass and colonies used by when you're a kid and you kill them in and you can see how busy they were. That's what my skinner looked like under the glass.
Speaker 3: Do you think this is part of the plan for the ants to take over the world, because if they can access our printers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've got our data.
Speaker 3: They can start printing off color. Willy nilly. They don't care anymore. They can control us.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 13: It's the domination plan.
Speaker 4: Could you print with a Wendy or did it come out with a whole lot of flattened ance?
Speaker 1: Ny?
Speaker 3: Great if you could train the ants to bring you the paper once you print it off, all on their heads, about two thousand of them lugging some A three thing you printed off.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 9: I had to throw it out.
Speaker 3: All right, Wendy, we're filling up your printer for free. It's on us. Yay, thank you very much, Wendy. All right, if you've got any more printer stories nine four one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: So an hour ago we were doing Facebook Marketplace prices, right, Well, I took a try through all the weird and wonderful things that people are selling on Facebook Marketplace. If you're not familiar with it, think eBay, but it's more weird and wonderful. eBay is like a big slick business now for people. People actually make a living selling stuff and big businesses going on eBay increasingly now, Facebook marketplace isn't like that. It's like a car boot sell.
Speaker 4: It's where you can't be bothered to make an account on eBay or one of the real ones. So I go to put on my Facebook.
Speaker 3: But then you get an amazing thing like this. I can't stop thinking about this. An ex firefighter truck. Beautiful, big firefighting truck looks great. Some guys selling it in Sydney. He's just had a baby and so he wants to sell this. He was asking for twelve thousand dollars. He's now gone down to about ten thousand dollars. I seriously would love this radio station to buy it so we can use it as our black Thunder. We get it logoed up all the great artists around this city that could do an amazing job getting that. It's a promotional thing. We had a presentation yesterday by the big chief exec. And what did he say about advertising? Not just posters and billboards?
Speaker 4: He word word to word and this is a very close.
Speaker 3: Calling him right now, going, I heard that, boss, how do you feel about spending out ten thousand dollars on a fire truck?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 3: I've seen my posts on the back of taxis who cares. You're not gonna listen to that guy on the boot of a cab. However, see us on a fire truck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you picture yourself in a red light and then from behind you a siren starts going and the fire speed and you go, I should tune into.
Speaker 3: Gold four break for show emergency. Someone's in the need of chuckles. Not just that we get that big old fire truck. The other first thing I'm going to do with it, get in it, drive out of fox send you up on the beer that ladder, turn of hose on, blow out their windows. Yeah. Yeah, this is how we're going to wash.
Speaker 4: You out of town, Foxy, and then triple ends in the same building all.
Speaker 9: Like that.
Speaker 3: Then put it on the old phone setting as well. Then we get out of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm going to make that call to chief exec. I've already thought this through what we're going to do with it, you know, says fed up, tripping in with foam and then flush out Foxy with water. Okay. The other thing is how do we go and fill up that with fuel? I think you can worry a cuple of servo and you think you'll fit under the unleaded diesel. What are they using diesel?
Speaker 5: Don't they?
Speaker 3: I guess diesel is that that's cheaper than unleaded.
Speaker 8: You go to those big truck servos, like the one that you know out towards Calcello where it's designed for trucks.
Speaker 3: They've got the big white base. Yeah, and can can any of us drive it? Do you need a special license to drive a fire truck?
Speaker 4: Do you think so?
Speaker 5: Do you need articulated? Don't you?
Speaker 4: I've driven a fire truck. Well, I hang on that little baby because I only just remembered when you asked it, can we drive it?
Speaker 3: How can you forget driving a fire truck?
Speaker 4: My cousin works for the Raft, well he works at Telmarine now as a firefighter. He used to work at the raft base in Richmond, New South Wales, and I went up to visit him one weekend and because they don't do a lot there, like there's not a lot of fires to put out at luckily we drove. We had a spin around in one of the fire trucks. Keep it under twenty kilometers at all time.
Speaker 3: But what you've got to drive it? Got to drive me this that high up sort of vantage point looks great to drive something. Well, I'm just and the big old bouncy seat and that big old captain steering wheel they got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just thinking maybe I shouldn't have said that, because maybe he wasn't allowed to let me drive.
Speaker 3: So it happens if anyone's it always works, that's right, you know? And then where do they keep the siren? Is a pedal for that?
Speaker 4: What does he not get to put the siren on? I assume it's a button.
Speaker 5: It'son.
Speaker 3: I reckon it's a thing on the floor. You can't be looking around? Yeah, well no, no, would be like a little thing he depressed and it presses up. I think it's one of those you're like a foot pedal on an organ. It's a switch, all right.
Speaker 4: I don't have to look around for the switch. They know where it is.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's a guy to go fast? Now? Which do you think it's the guy who rides shotgun? He's in charge of firing off the old siren and has he got a couple of modes? Because sometimes you hear a big old yeah. Do they get to choose when there's some old more on who just won't pull over? It should have a shove it at the front. Yeah, you and the Honda Civic shove it up and shove it out the way of the road into the ditch. We need fire used to call in now to just tell us what we you know, we're going to look forward to. What we can look forward to. Because then when I ring the boss today and he starts going, I don't think he thought this out. I know I'm going to fuel it. No, we're going to house it. It's good to go. You just need to cut a check right now for tenth. That's all nine four one four, one oh four three. If you have any information about the care and maintenance of a fight truck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, thank you very much. Then, what I found out during that song is a we want me to drive it unless we get a license. But that's fine, someone else, we can hire somebody else.
Speaker 4: Really, I thought we should start doing it now, Like you and I go to the lessons.
Speaker 3: Do you think it'd be quite hard to learn how to drive one of those big old things?
Speaker 4: But don't you want to?
Speaker 3: Like you know, I'm not the best that got me home right at like reverse parking and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But you don't do that with a truck.
Speaker 3: I smashed into my own mother in law's car at the front of my own house, even though the beach. She's been here recently, a couple of years ago. Who's her brand new car as well, she'd had it a week. I hit it so hard I saw the rearview mirror. It lifted in the air, even though you know anything, Yeah, I think I know where the bag she came running away?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So I don't think it's a good idea for me to drive that. I did, not plowing it into a listener's house or something like that.
Speaker 4: But if it's a fire truck, you can say it's an emergency, like I had to park here quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I had to crumple a few cars.
Speaker 4: You're probably right, okay, So tell you what.
Speaker 3: What a great thing to do the weekly shopping though you've got plenty of bootspace in one of those right, Well, where are we our bags for life in the back?
Speaker 4: I imagine we at least want to take a ride in it if we.
Speaker 3: Don't want to take the dog for walking it. Imagine pulling up down the beach and then getting a dog out of the buck of the fire truck. It's a fire dog.
Speaker 4: So do we have to have a full time driver on stand by in case we ever feel the women going out in the creek.
Speaker 3: What a great way to meet women there if you were single. You know who's not impressed with the guy?
Speaker 6: What a catch?
Speaker 3: You know, well a fireman. They might believe that I was a fireman, you know, just like sometimes drive it around to her for a walk on the beach with.
Speaker 4: This dog doesn't have the gold stickers all over it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: Branded you could both do a calendar like the firemen do the calendars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would sell really well, Pats, because there's one thing you want to see with DJ's is what the bod's like. There's Dad bought and then lower than that is Djo Christian. On weekends, if you get this fire truck, I'm going to get the fire truck. And on weekends, if you get the fire truck, Gold could hire the fire truck out for kids' birthday parties. Yeah, who comes out the back of the truck. I'll give the clown.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three time for this sawnings at work time waster, Today's we're looking to try and build a printer playlist. An hour ago we launched printers the phone in genuinely, some very funny people called in.
Speaker 4: Yes, it will return every Wednesday for the.
Speaker 3: Rest of the year. As we were filling up your printer on us. So now it's songs for printers. All right, I've got Bob Marley and we're paper jamming. That's good, street fighting cyan, street fighting, man stones okay, very good, pretty in ink classed it first. Ribbon let die xeroxan, very good, xeroxan, don't ream it's over, very good. He ain't heavy. He's my brother. Wireless a three ink JETFC printer.
Speaker 4: Is that the one? The monstrosity you've got your.
Speaker 3: Here comes the EPSOM Workforce wireless printer. All right? What have you got then for printer songs?
Speaker 4: Boulevard of broken reins, Yeah, printed black, Yeah, the rolling stones, ye, hazy shade of printer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When it's running out with or without.
Speaker 4: Blue, I'm going to print to print it with or without blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, send us yours then text them in Oh four seven five O three one oh four three Printer songs Oh four seven five O three one oh four three with Mark Theman, ten minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three time down tomorrow. Today's that work time waste to Jack. You're ready ready, We are marking your printer playlist song songs to printers. We're talking about them earlier. Then you ran off about I said, I don't think there's any other item that you own in your house. You swear out more than a printer, Papa, don't print perfect Gold plus Islands in the rem Gold Kati and Hawthorn epsung of a preacher Man.
Speaker 4: Now we're talking gold plus t K.
Speaker 3: Kensington, well done, Xerox Lobster zero. That's good Gold, Tyler, well done, leaving on an ink checkplane Gold, great song, Pete in Carol's word on for that prince Hip Black, did you do that?
Speaker 4: Bronze minus minus minus.
Speaker 3: Gle just come in late, so your precious little kit pro Glenn print me baby one more time.
Speaker 4: That's great Gold, well done.
Speaker 3: Dues and cryed and good to see your back. After a couple of days off. I've noticed, uh the paper.
Speaker 4: Bush well like the nap bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm all out of ink. God, Double Plus, come on office works and mate that the song in a TV ads you could see the printer, a cartoon printer, singing it as well. Ink me up before you go go. I don't think Will Plus that sounds wrong. Live epsom let die Silver, stay away to Xerox Silver, Blame it on the ink.
Speaker 4: Civil Plus printing nine to five.
Speaker 3: They're struggling now born to run out of ink very quickly, satirical, funny, but is it silver? Okay? King of wishful inking? That's very good. Pete and Abbotsford one last one, Sex and Cannon Gold all right, one of them? Then Jack can win tickets to go and see Banana Rama live. They are coming back to Melbourne. Returning to Melbourne Friday, February the twenty second at the Forum with special guests Tiffany from the eighties as well. They've come back in an eighties time machine. They brought Tiffany with them. Tickets are on sale right now through a ticket Master. I'll be there at that. Who gets the tickets?
Speaker 4: I'm all out of it.
Speaker 1: Right well down everyone the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Two hours ago, I found out that you could buy on Facebook Marketplace a fire truck. It's over in Sydney. But he's after twelve thousand dollars and I'm seriously going to be ringing the big big quadra from Moggio. Boss. I let me my boss. I don't mean my boss's boss or the boss's boss boss. I mean one up, the big guy, the big kahuna. He was here yesterday. Did he not say he's looking for big ideas? He even said to me, what's your big idea you're going to do this year?
Speaker 4: O'Connell, And you promised him I'll have it. I'll have a big idea this year.
Speaker 3: Twenty four hours outside of that boardroom, I'm saying, ten thousand dollars gets you the big idea a fire truck. So I'm very excited. But I need to know more. I need to you know what it's like. He's big on detail. When I call him. I've got to have, as they say, business, all my ducks in order, yep, hashtag business. Lingo Bradley is the man we need to speak to in Sydney right now, now, good morning, Bradley. Hey here you're going listen. Tell me about this amazing fire truck you're selling, mate. How long have you had it?
Speaker 11: I've had it. I don't know, about six years.
Speaker 3: Pretty sick as it's awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: It's a bit of a weapon so fiber game from Downmula.
Speaker 7: It's the X window a pump up yep.
Speaker 11: And my brother in law and two of his mates bought it probably fifteen years ago for a bit of fun.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 11: They masked around with it, set it up. We can get pumping with it and pat fun and just spray water everywhere and all that puff, which is awesome.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, what do you mean you spray water everywhere like a giant nerf gun?
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, yeah, well actually okay, so we're not supposed to say this, so we'll just pretend I was listening. But we actually set up this part like a pipe or hose off the back that used to shoot over the front so you could pull up at a set of lights. Poor pump rare the hell out of that water.
Speaker 3: Why why wouldn't you do that? If you could suddenly ten years of age with a giant nerf gun on wheels.
Speaker 11: Well, this is pretty much what happens. You don't go up, you just get a little old. We got a little bit more money, and you're like, oh, yeah, I think the flight truck's good idea.
Speaker 4: You know how I'd like to use it on Bradley people who sit at the front of a red lightning play on their phone and haven't realized the light has changed.
Speaker 3: Blast.
Speaker 4: Instead of giving him a hunk, just give him a dowsing of water, a few tons of for two.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 7: Fine.
Speaker 11: And we took it out in News and the best the best time we had with it was the twenty fifteen or twenty four the can't remember, and we took it out into Sydney. We loaded it up with friends because you can sit like six people in the back for in the front. We went out all through Sydney all night, drove around and you can park it anyway. So then I was like, look the fight trucks. So you just felt like we're out in the rock and like the cops are there the ice and it was fantastic come through truck.
Speaker 4: Oh fireworksos.
Speaker 3: We could have with this if we were to.
Speaker 9: Yeah, good.
Speaker 11: Fine, But like what happens that I met my beautiful wife, we got married, we've had a child now, so he's eight and a half weeks igly nine weeks.
Speaker 3: So I thought you about to say you it was conceived on the back seat of the fire truck.
Speaker 11: We won't go there, I go there. We'll just keep it nice and very social. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, So now we've got nowhere to park it. So because we moved from acreage to our my in laws and they're lovely people and they said, well come we move with half on our top of staff and yeah. So now we've got the fight truck sitting out on the road and we're like, you know what, there's someone else to have it now than us and from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what I say, Bradley, I'm seriously interested in this. How much do you want for it?
Speaker 11: Well, like, we want like twelve twelve and a half.
Speaker 2: On that for it?
Speaker 3: Is that your best final offer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 11: No, no, everything's negotiable, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I see in the moment's listed for twelve. Now you're saying twelve twelve and a half, which is it? My friend?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean I think I think it was put in somewhere at twelve, and I think somewhere else is prints twelve and a half. I'm not one hundred percent sure, right, but I don't know. But you know, we negotiate. The point is now you come back.
Speaker 3: To me with absolutely and I promise you I will. Can you do me a really big favor because I'm seriously interested? Do you know who? We're a breakfast show over in Melbourne. I'm new here on air, and I think this fire truck could be the thing that sends me to number one in Melbourne.
Speaker 11: Yes, right, cool, I used to go down there.
Speaker 3: Let's just take a breathing for now. I've got to make a few calls. I will come back to you, Bradley. What I need you to promise me, though, is you're not to sell this until you come back to me, okay, because I really want this and I'm going to do everything I can to get the money in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 11: Okay, cool? Okay, So what happened? You rang me on a number that's like, there's no call. I I can't bring you back.
Speaker 3: You can trust me. It's all legit, it's all above board.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believes Okay, Bradley for now, great talking to you, buddy. Yeah, fantastic, Have a good day, all right, cheers Bradley.
Speaker 11: Woit mine Bye?
Speaker 3: How the hell am I going to ring the Big Boss and ask for ten? Do you reckon? I coul get him do to ten thousand?
Speaker 4: I reckon we can get under ten, do you? Yeah? I reckon like eight or nine and the Boss will give it a tick. And Bradley sounds like a nice guy who wants to help the show.
Speaker 3: All this relies on the Big Archie give me that money and I need it in twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Well is he just all talk? He said yesterday literally yesterday. He wants to be right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'll make the call. We will find out. Hopefully we're going to have news tomorrow morning that we're buying that truck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 7: Is it me?
Speaker 3: Or was today's show bounced around everyone? Is there anything we haven't talked about today's show?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: It fels like the show changed from seven thirty the moment we saw that fire truck. It's sort of become our new son. It's but dazzled us. It's regard us, you know. And then we went to printers, back to the fire truck, back to the fire truck again. So today I have already texted the Big Boss saying I need to speak to you urgently for five minutes.
Speaker 4: And has he written back yet?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, sent in another one after that, going it's an amazing opportunity.
Speaker 4: Taking can is our birthday and Christmas presents can buy.
Speaker 3: So tune in tomorrow morning for many reasons. Can be paying your wed at seven, but also to find out are we calling back Bradley and buying that fire truck off him? I have so I want only one thing now this year, to get that fire truck. It's all on whether or not the Big Boss will part handover chet for ten thousand dollars. So title of today's show, DJ bod get Ready, I'm calling one of you.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three