Speaker 1: Laura and come on in.
Speaker 2: Well with the first day, I'll thanks to chemistware house is the pickup. I love that it's like we are we are the pickup. It's very self explaanentty.
Speaker 3: It actually does pick me up too, like picks my mood up.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you guys feel picked up because I have just had a phone call that nobody wants to receive from daycare.
Speaker 2: You've got a sweaty brow.
Speaker 5: Well I almost didn't think I was going to make it today. Oh no, you would? You do look fruzzled. Did you ever find out that your child was stuck in something? Which child was stuck? May the little one?
Speaker 4: I mean, she's the biggest child, but she's the smallest in size, and she got stuck.
Speaker 3: Your other daughter, Lola, who we love them both equally. Lola's got a huge hair. Melon Yeah, got melon hair?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 5: The little the little pin head got stuck.
Speaker 2: Wait, can we just confirm before we unpack this coming up? She's free. She's no longer stuck.
Speaker 4: If she wasn't free, I wouldn't be okay, good bye. Yes, all the call turned out fine, but for a moment there it was touch and go.
Speaker 2: All right, that's on the way.
Speaker 1: Plus, I am obsessed with this new stand original series poker Face.
Speaker 2: Have you guys heard of poker Face?
Speaker 5: Have I've seen the ads?
Speaker 2: Basically in the show.
Speaker 1: In poker Face, she's a human lie detector, so she is so good at reading people. She just goes, that's that's bull that's not true. And I got me thinking, is there such thing as a human lie detector? So I went on gum Tree and I've booked one for the show.
Speaker 5: All right, well, I mean, let's get into that all shortly.
Speaker 2: It's a big pick up. Let's start right around Australia.
Speaker 1: Welcome everyone Thursday, alv Oh here at the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 2: Everyone all thanks to Chemists Warehouse. If you jump into Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Actually purchase any new qv Serah Mind's product, we'll go in the running to win a car. Competition ends on the twenty second of February. Tees and Sees apply.
Speaker 2: Laurie, you're still a little frazzled.
Speaker 4: I received a phone call today just before we were about to start. Then you know when the phone starts going and it's daycare, it's this instant.
Speaker 5: What's happened. Freak out what happened. I'll tell you what happened.
Speaker 6: May.
Speaker 4: She's three years old. She got her head stuck in a washing machine. They had these like little kitchen PlayStations. They had like a wash up PlayStation, and this one is like, ah, I guess it's made out of like plywood. It's got a tiny little hole that they shove their toys and stuff through for the washing mish coon. She shoved her head in there and got stuck into it for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: So they were kind of called me to be like you need to come, and then they called me back to say, oh, she's okay.
Speaker 5: She does have a mark on a forehead, but we got her head through it.
Speaker 3: We found we put tollieboil on there from the kitchen and we wriggled that head out.
Speaker 4: Do you butter them up? Like she just like butted up her neck? But no, they had her. She was crying quite a bit and then they put the phone to her and she was like.
Speaker 5: Hey, Mommy, my head got stuck in the washing machine. They had to twist its sideways. She shot, that's great, she had a great day. I don't want her to love this.
Speaker 4: She's gonna end up coming home and putting her head in a real washing machine, and then I'll have a whole other.
Speaker 3: No, Laura, she's going to come home with a clean head hair or put her sister in a washing machine.
Speaker 5: That's a real problem.
Speaker 2: She's gonna smell great, that's the plus side of all this.
Speaker 1: Listen Becks called on first in one of six five because we asked, what did your child get stuck in?
Speaker 2: Hey Beck? What happened?
Speaker 7: Hi? So when my daughter was two, we were sitting we were renovating our house. We just pulled our old oven was in the kitchen and then we had a barber before. We were sitting outside and then we heard this big crash and my daughter had climbed in the oven kicked it over, and we all freaked out things and she was dead. And then we pulled her up and she has had a bloody mouth and she was laughing.
Speaker 5: A tiny little two year old roast.
Speaker 1: If you beg all right, it's down. By next we're talking to the human Light Detector that I've booked.
Speaker 5: On gumtra It makes me nervous a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched the new Stand original series Pokeface and I'm truly obsessed. I wanted to know is there such thing as a human light detect That's so I want to booked one, right.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm very intuitive. I think I could be a good human light detector.
Speaker 2: I led you all the time.
Speaker 5: You never know, No, I I just don't worslawa.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 1: We'll put you to the test next here at the Pickup around Australia. You're on key Sits the pick Up with Britt, Laura and Mitch for your Thursday afternoon all thanks to Chemist Warehouse. Now, you guys know, I've been going on and on about this new Stand original series poker Face, which.
Speaker 2: I'm truly obsessed with, obsessed at the moment. It's so good.
Speaker 1: It's got the tash Leone who's from Orange is the New Black, and essentially the character she plays is a blackjack dealer. She can just tell everyone's poker face.
Speaker 4: A straight I can read what people are going to play and what they can you know, what they look like on their faces.
Speaker 5: It's always thought that I was good at that.
Speaker 3: Like, I always thought I could tell people's poker faces. And I also always thought I was a good.
Speaker 4: Liar that is such an untruth since you dated a guy who has, like you know, had another life for two years, so I think you're particularly bad at it.
Speaker 1: He really debunked that's anyway. This character is a human lie detector. So it got me thinking, is that a real career choice? That the human light detectors really exist? So what I've done is I've got the best in the business. I've got doctor Louise Marla who joins us now on the line, the real human light detector.
Speaker 5: Doctor welcome, docor Luise welcome?
Speaker 4: Ye, Hi, guys, How does one become a human light detector?
Speaker 6: It's really a career choice. And I don't know do lie detection as a living but I do read body language, and I read bodies, and I read vocal psychology, and I am fascinated about behavior, human behavior. So that's my area my PhD. Human behavior.
Speaker 3: So are you going to tell us before we jump in? Because Mitchell set this up, Laura, and I'm going to tell you a story. Each one of us is lying, one of us is telling the truth. Are you going to tell us before we tell you these stories? What you look for so we know, like.
Speaker 5: Now there cheating? Yeah, I can't tell you before.
Speaker 1: Now listen, doctor Luiz. I'm not one to be dramatic, but I'm about to be dramatic. Laura and britt both have a story. One is a lie, one is the truth.
Speaker 2: Why don't we kick it off with you Britain, Dr.
Speaker 3: Luise, Doctor Luise, you've been watching Laura's and my body language. Who would you like to hear from first?
Speaker 5: Brittany, I'd like to hear yours first.
Speaker 3: So a couple of years back, I was I'm a bit of an adventurer, so I was going on an adventure and on the other side of the world.
Speaker 5: I found myself deep.
Speaker 3: In the Amazon jungle, believe it or not, and I had no food, so I.
Speaker 5: Had to catch my food.
Speaker 3: So I was catching pranas and stuff and I had to bathe obviously because you laugh, Laura, but you get hungry in the Amazon.
Speaker 1: You get hungry in there, right stupid.
Speaker 3: So I caught some pranas and I was thinking the pranas, and then I was really stinky. Because it's the Amazon. It's very hot. If you haven't been to the Amazon jungle, it gets very humidity is high. So I was bathing in the Amazon river and I accidentally got a parasite. It was definitely an accident. I got a parasite that ended up living in my liver and I got very sick on that Amazon trip.
Speaker 5: That was a real journey.
Speaker 1: All right, before we get your results, doctor Luise, we're gonna we're gonna jump into Laura's story now.
Speaker 2: So Laura, are you ready?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm ready? Okay, So I also have an adventure story. Mine, however, dates back to when I was a little bit younger and I lost my virginity in the drama room at school. It was a year twelve, and it was also not with a teacher, just anyone's going to worry. It was with a school student and it was on lunch break in the drama room. Yeah, it's not my finest moment anyway. I wish it was more of an adventure.
Speaker 2: But that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, two very different tactics, both very wild. Yes, doctor Luise, hold your judgment quickly. We're gonna go to a break and when we come back, we'll get the results. But what are you thinking? Are you're buying any one more than the other? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so good.
Speaker 1: All right, back with Dodrlwise Marla the stand original series poker Face, now streaming only on Stand.
Speaker 2: We'll get the verdict after this here at the pickup, You're old kiss.
Speaker 1: It's the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch heading to Kevis ware House purchase any new Ego qv Ceramones product going in the running twin a car competition ends on the twenty second of February.
Speaker 2: Tea's and C's applied.
Speaker 1: Now we're joined by doctor Lorlby's Marla aka the Human Lie Detector. It's all inspired by the new Stand original series poker Face. I wanted to find out is there such thing as a human light detector. In my research, I found doctor Luise Britain. Laurie, you've both just told a very fascinating duo of stories that have happened to you in your life, and Doctor Louise is about to drop her verdict.
Speaker 2: Who is telling the truth and who was lying? Quickly recap what yours was.
Speaker 3: Britt, Long story short, I found myself in the Amazon on an adventure and I was I got a parasite because I was in the Amazon river and I was eating food from the river, and it was a pretty chaotic time of my life.
Speaker 4: Your mine's also equally as long I lost my virginity in the drama room at school.
Speaker 2: Yours was short. I'm guessing let's get the verdict.
Speaker 5: To be honest, I don't know if I really recall it that.
Speaker 2: Well, Doctor Luise, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Laura reminds me of Kate, Princess Kate.
Speaker 5: Oh why thank you?
Speaker 4: Nobody who knows me would say that, So that's a true compliment. How often do you think, Prince as Kate talks about shagging boys and drama rooms?
Speaker 5: Not often.
Speaker 7: If she did, she.
Speaker 6: Would talk about it as clearly and as convincingly as you did. I found that highly believable and consistent in the way that you told it, your eye movement, your flow of air in your voice, your consistency with your gestures, everything, but it could be that you're a massive psychopath.
Speaker 2: And the way that it goes.
Speaker 6: I have to say, it was a highly believable story. Everything about it. Brittany wriggles psychedelicy on a plate and so and funnily enough, you're telling that story, and when you told that story, you changed your behavior and suddenly you weren't wriggling. And also when you're speaking normally you're not looking down bottom left, and during the story you were looking down bottom left. Having said that your story was so outrageous, I mean everything you did, Brittany said, lion liar pants on.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 6: It was your inconsistency, your change of behavior from what you did before that that made me say that wasn't a truth. But then again, you know that you're trying to, you know, look like a truth or look like a lion deceived. So who knows? Not a pure art.
Speaker 1: All right, the human light detector is looking in Princess Kate. Ladies, it's time to reveal who was telling the lie.
Speaker 3: I am a psychopath and I am a I am a brilliant actor. I am sorry, Louise, but I'm a trained actor. I wriggled on purpose. I did the eye contact on purpose. I was like, I was like, I'm going to make her think that I'm thinking of this story as I go.
Speaker 4: No, my mom's gonna hate to hear this, but it was. It was in her house and in my bedroom. That's where it was not.
Speaker 3: And I really did camp in the Amazon jungle and get to live.
Speaker 5: A parasite and get sick for years. Home kids do not do that at home.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I think that's of fun and Princess Kate, there is definitely a psychobout.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: Thank you, doctor Luise.
Speaker 1: You can get it now on stan It's the original series poker Face now streaming. That is us done for the day. Everyone, you liar, We've got Kate Middleton and a brilliant liar.
Speaker 2: What a show. You're amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Tom Gleason joins wool and Woody next with one thousand dollars for Australia's Easiest Queiz'll see tomorrow, everye