Speaker 1: Before we get into the episode, we want to issue a trigger warning as we touch on issues around domestic violence and sexual assault. Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torbert and we have a big episode today. We are going to be unpacking the Mikayla Tester and Anna and Addas Pol drama that has exploded on YouTube over the weekend. So, Mikayla Tester has shared some very disturbing insights into her relationship with the Pol family. In a two and a half hour podcast episode shared to YouTube, the Only Fans creator leveled some very serious allegations against the TikTok stars. Before we get into it, we want to reiterate that at this stage, these are just allegations that are being made by Mikayla Tester. The poles have not yet weighed in officially. Now, Kate, can you get us up to speed with what actually led to this podcast in the first place. So, last month, Mikayla released an eight minute expose on Anna and Attis Paul, which caused the Internet to explode. So for some background, Mikayla dated at us for several years before they broke up in twenty twenty two, and within the first weeks of dating, Mikayla moved in with a Paul family and really did become a family member. Well. She was particularly close with Anna and they labeled each other best friends. Yeah, they were all very close. So initially on TikTok, Mikayla leveled serious allegations against Adis, which we have not been able to report on for legal reasons. But those allegations are all over TikTok and have not been censored, so I think everyone is up to speed what those allegations are. Pouls are yet to actually address any of those allegations. No, when Anna put out her apology, she didn't touch on anything to do with her brother.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, as for the claims against Anna, Mikayla accused her of incentivizing her underage fan base to sign up to her OnlyFans account with the lure of a cash giveaway, lying about growing up poor, as well as calling a fan fat and sweaty, and in a statement, Anna claimed that she felt poor at the time and that she called the fan sweaty but not fat. Now, Michayla started the podcast by providing some disclaimers, and the first being that she is not in trouble legally. She also confirmed that the Paul's legal team have not contacted her, and I felt that this was a really clever move by Mikayla to strengthen her claims, as when it comes to defamation, the truth is a defense. I thought that was really interesting insight into how the Paul family work, because I think everybody assumed looking in that they would have been completely lawyered up, that they would have reached out to Mikayla Tester. Yeah, it's not really a good look, is it now. The second disclaimer that Michayla put out there was that the podcast was not being monetized, and that's despite the fact that she had been offered paid opportunities. She was also offered to appear on a number of other podcasts, but she made the decision not to monetize it because she said she didn't want to profit off trauma and abuse, which I thought was a really good move. Yeah, it's a very clever strategic move because it makes her claims more valid as well. Yeah, and I think she was predicting that a lot of people would go on TikTok and say, oh, she's full of shit because she's making money off this podcast. I do think an alternative move that she could have made was actually to monetize it, but say that all of the money was going to a woman's charity. Sometimes that opens up the door for people to scrutinize father, like it's the wrong charity, or she hasn't given the full amount, or you know, remember when Sarah's Day raised that money for bushfire victims, And even though she did donate all of the money, everyone's like she didn't do it soon enough. Yeah, well, sadly, the final disclaimer came in the form of Michayla saying that she's not the perfect victim. So Mikayla gave some insight into her childhood. She explained that she grew up in an abusive environment with a teen mum who was a drug addict and also a stepdad who abused her. What I found fascinating is she spoke about how she was one of seven kids and that she grew up quote dirt broke and wouldn't have food because her mum spent money on drugs. And it just made me think about how annoyed she must have been sitting there. Well, Anna Paul was trying to perpetuate this image that she grew up paor when that was actually Michayla's reality. It really it seems like Anna was cosplaying Mikayla's life and using her personal stories to build this narrative about herself that would garner sympathy and interest. He was so sad because Michayla also touched on the fact that she finally met her biological father when she was fourteen, but sadly, he died of cancer when she was eighteen. Yeah, that really broke my heart because it felt like she was finally in a good place with her dad and then that happened. I do think it was really clever of the way that she prefaced her childhood at the start of this video so listeners could actually make sense of her actions. And it did upset me that she kept having to apologize and say that she blamed herself, because it's clear throughout her life she has been a victim of abuse. I was just in aura of how she was able to speak so confidently in this video and how likable she came across. Sadly, I think if she hadn't made all of these disclaimers, though, there would be a section of people who would say that she's just as bad for perhaps being a bystander in this because I mean, we will go further into it, but she played unseen videos, but you can hear her voice in the background having directions. It was quite interesting because she also said that she thinks that she suffered from Stockholm syndrome during this experience with the polls, which we will further dive into. But yeah, there were a lot of disclaimers which were very important. I think I do want to applaud Makayla because it would have been hard opening up about her personal life, but it was really clever because it made you empathize with her and understand what triggered her to call out Anna on claiming that she grew up poor. And I really enjoyed the receipts that Mikayla provided in this YouTube to prove that Anna did not grow up poor. Not only did she label Anna's claims as a sham, a light, and an exaggeration, she shared countless photos to back up her claims. I think the most damning ones were the ones of Anna and Adis as kids living in the waterfront home, and then later on as teenagers showing that they were in that same home. I just loved her pointing out she's like brand name, brand name. They always had Starbucks, they were out for cafes with their mom. My favorite one was when she was saying, oh, Anna thinks that she grew up poor because her first carve a hold an aster. And then Mikayla ended up bringing up a Google Maps photo from back in the day showing the family van that she used to have to drive to school in which looked like I had was broken down, like it's seen better days. Oh that made me laugh. The crazy thing is all of these photos were readily available on Anna's own Instagram account, Like why did she not delete them? And how come it's only until now that these have been brought up. Look after this whole ordeal, you think you'd go and do a bit of a delete on Instagram? Would Yeah? But is it that she's so delusional that she thinks that that was growing up Paul? She is she trying to claim that a lot of the designer goods were fake? Because didn't you say that a dead Hans used to go to garage sales or sell fake style and that she sat on first class but she was only there for a second or something. I mean, maybe she doesn't think Michael Kore's is as good as a Rolex. You have you guys seen those tiktoks popping up and it's a guy who's imitating Addis Paul his videos from twenty twenty two, and it's like, I am so rich, fuck you all like this and how rich I am? This is my twenty one million dollar watch. I think what was so apparent during this video is how clever Mikayla test is because she understands Anna's fan base and what an absolute ace it would be if she had the backing of Anna's beloved ex, Glenn Thompson. And not only did Mikayla reveal that Glenn helped her during her personal experiences of abuse, but that he also supports her. Now. He sounded so lovely, like you just got a vibe that he was that one person that Michayla could have actually confided in during that experience. And she was really respectful of Glenn, which I think was another strategic move because she knew if she started outing all of her text messages between Glenn. Then that would not be seen favorably with our fan. It would also get Glenn offside as well, and that lend to more drama where maybe he could have provided receipts about Mikayla Well. She ended up sharing screenshots from a conversation with him that supported her claims. Mikayla also alleged that Anna constantly fat shamed Glenn.
Speaker 2: This is what she said Anna behind Glenn's back to me and my entire friend group that we were we had, you know, Anna, Me, Lilith, Chloe Bailey. She would call Glenn fat on the daily. She'd call him fat every single day. She'd fat shame him. She'd fat shame him with her mom. It was mostly like attis Anna Mama.
Speaker 1: This was the times that I recall in person her saying this. She'd be talking shit in German about Glenn.
Speaker 2: Okay, I heard it, and I also heard her just talking shit to me and my friend group in English as well about Glenn being fat. It was very fucked to witness, and I'm swear to God no word of lie. She was saying this about Glenn and Glenn's family for years, like one time she came back from a trip in Balley with Glenn and all of Glenn's family members, and she had made a really fucked up comment about how they wear shower curtains to the day clubs and Anna's in a Bikinian it feels so awkward because they're so fat, and she literally thinks that his family's jealous of her.
Speaker 1: It was just really bizarre, like she'd be.
Speaker 3: It was just like.
Speaker 2: An unspoken thing that attis her and Mama hated Glenn's family, and it was always like a them verse, like their family verse.
Speaker 1: Glenn's family sort of thing. Like it was just really fucking weird. Michayla's obviously putting this out there because she's trying to back up her original claim saying that Anna called a fan fat, so she's trying to demonstrate that this is a pattern of behavior and language that she used quite comfortably. It's particularly awkward because for a number of years Anna Paul portrayed herself as this body positivity advocate, and the fact that Glenn lost so much weight after he and Anna broke up, it really makes you think, what about when Michaela said that the whole family had to take part in fasting as this plot to make Glenn thinner without making him feel bad, and then Michaela said that she ended up getting this eating disorderfied. I also thought it was interesting when Michayla said that Anna would lose it if they went to Starbucks and apparently Glenn would order a particularly sugary drink and she'd be like, no, he has to have this one. Like it just painted such a picture. And it's these little details that just make her story seem so believable because she just couldn't make this shit up. Yeah, I can't stop thinking about the fact that Anna continued to push this narrative that her and Glenn were still best friends after the breakup and their families would spend Christmas together. Also Anna giving Glenn the car, Well, well, we spoke about this on the podcast when they were pretending to be friends, and I said, this is bullshit. At the time, no one is that close to there. It's all very sas now, throughout this whole saga, we have had to be really careful on how we report on the allegations. Mikayla has leveled it addis Paul as they are of a serious nature. After viewing the public court documents that appeared in Michayla's video. Though, what we can legally say is it appears Adis was sentenced in the district Court on the eighth of May twenty twenty three. It is unclear the terms of the sentencing. To be transparent, we have applied to the court to view the sentencing document, but at the time of the recording, we have not received it. It takes seven business days, so we are hoping to receive the documents soon. What has caused some confusion though, is that Adis appeared in court under his real name, which is actually Johanna's Theodore Paul. What does asas come from there? And that's what I'm so confused about. Is it because it's Johannes Attis, Like I don't understand when did he change his name and why? It's very yes, And a lot of people have been wondering why the media haven't really been on this story. And I wonder if the media were searching under Addis Paul. And I love though that michaela went as far as to show Addis's Medicare card as proof that this actually was his REALCAU. There would be so many people being like, that's not even his name, someone else. We will go into it in more detail a little bit later, but his name Johanna's Paul actually appeared on the season desist letter that he sent his ex girlfriend. Interestingly, the timing of Addis's appearance at the sentencing hearing coincided with him leaving social media. So in late April twenty twenty three, Addis vanished from social media after uploading a very cryptic video of himself walking around at nights smoking. He had also unfollowed all of his friends on Instagram, and he shared a statement at the time saying social media had destroyed his mental health and the Internet was treating him like an evil villain. A week later, he then appeared in front of the district court for sentencing. So it's very interesting timing, isn't it. I think the most chilling allegations came at the hour mark of this podcast. So Michayla shared her personal experiences with manipulation and abuse within the Paul family. She also detailed disturbing accounts of alleged domestic and emotional abuse and cohersion. So Michayla spoke in depth about an incident at the Paul family house, and this is where Adis allegedly held a knife to his throat and threatened to harm himself if she left. I was actually watching this alone late at night, Reese had gone to bed, and I actually got quite scared because the way she told the story, it felt like you were there and watching her all unfold, or she was sort of re enacting what happened almost. Mickayla also alleged that she was financially abused by Adas Paul So. According to Michayla, he was in the process of starting up an OnlyFans management company when she first started dating him, and the plan was for him to met Anna's friends on the platform. Mikayla claims that Anna and Adas persuaded her to let Addis manage her OnlyFans and it wasn't long until Attis was taking a fifty percent cut for doing minimal work. And when I say minimal work, according to Michayla, the extent of his management was telling her what color lingerie to wear to put her into perspective. When she was nineteen, she was earning one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a month from OnlyFans, so Addis Paul was taking sixty thousand dollars a month. She also claimed that when she threatened to cut Adis off from the earnings, he would threaten suicide and the situation would turn abusive. So in one instance, Mikayla alleges, while driving with Addas, he slammed on the brakes of his car, causing her to hit her head on the windshield. Mikayla did preface during this part of the YouTube that when she first met Adis, she had a far bigger profile than him, because I think there is this narrative online that she used the polls and she moved in with them to grow her own career. But her career was doing really well. She already had a manager. She didn't need another manner. Yeah, And what I found particularly difficult to listen to was when Mikayla spoke about how Anna and Adas's mother, who she referred to as Mama, were allegedly complicit in all of this. So Mikayla claims that Anna and Mama enabled Addis's behavior. She said that Anna was always defensive of Adas and excused his behavior despite witnessing this alleged abuse. According to Mikayla. Anna would emotionally blackmail her to stay with Adas, saying things like you're the one that can get through to him, no joke, the things you say to him could save his life. I saw this TikTok pop up focusing on the poll's mom and saying, what was mama thinking? In the sense of obviously all of the people involved in the story apart from her were very young and like there was actually an adult in this situation who was just watching this all happen allegedly, Yeah, and Anna's involvement, like they were talking about how she was allegedly recruiting her friends to date Addis and encouraging Michayla today Addis so that they could be sisters. Like it was all very odd and was very clear that they wanted to recruit as many women as possible to potentially join this onlyfan management team, because clearly it was a way to make huge money during the pandem. It was a way for Adas to make money because his sister is there making a lot of money off OnlyFans, and people weren't really interested at the time in subscribing to a guy doing OnlyFans, and what really shoped listeners was when Mikayla revealed just how close Addis and Anna's relationship was in regard to OnlyFans. So she said that there was this weird dynamic between Anna, Addis and Mama, and in her opinion, it seemed like they were all co dependent because allegedly they wouldn't spend more than a couple of hours apart. It was actually really difficult for Michayla to spend alone time with Adis without his mum or sister there. They were, in fact, so close that Mikayla alleged that Addis shot Anna's only fans content that was absolutely fucked and particularly because she backed it up by showing one of the photos that Adas took and saying that he actually also filmed content where Mikayla and Anna did collaborations where presumably they performed sex act. It was whatever. It was one of those moments where I was like, I don't think the Paul family can come back to this, especially becaus has been so many rumors about how close Anna and Ashes. Well, there's this video floating around on TikTok that Anna uploaded last year that has not aged well in light of Mikayla's allegations, Let's play it.
Speaker 3: My brother is my soulmate, and we are so close that in high school there was a roomor going around that apparently we sleep together, because I think teenagers they see a girl and the boy close and they're like, oh my god, sex right the guys, what's going on? And I'm twenty five and he's twenty three, and we are so inseparable.
Speaker 1: We've reached us mind.
Speaker 3: He's literally my twin.
Speaker 1: Most brothers would refuse to take a nice photo of their sister, let alone their sister undressing or in these positions like, it's just wild to me that this allegedly went on. Now. Towards the end of the podcast, Mikayla alleged that in twenty twenty one, Adas Paul tried to silence his ex girlfriend. We have decided not to name her as she was underage at the time. For the purpose of the podcast, we will call her Jane. We actually did cover this story back in twenty twenty one, and finally it was our introduction to the Poll family. I actually listened back to the episode to prep for today, and I was so embarrassed. It definitely was our first introduction to the polls because sometimes we referred to him as Addis and other times we referred to him as artists, and I was like, oh my god. After that episode dropped, we actually received a message from Mikayla tester threatening to sue us, which shows what a full circle moment this all is. Yeah, it really does. Now. This whole saga started back in twenty twenty one, as we said earlier, when a then sixteen year old Jane made a TikTok about dating an older man who she said took advantage of her. Jane didn't refer to the man by name, but it led people from their hometown to speculate in the comments that she was talking about. At us. To provide some context, Jane alleges that she was thirteen when she dated a then sixteen year old Attis. Now off the back of this TikTok, Mikayla alleges that Addis created a fake email address and message Jane, pretending to be a brand manager, all in a bid to obtain her address to send a cease and desist letter. Mikayla also claimed that Addis wrote the letter himself, and upon receiving the letter Jane immediately shared it to her Instagram story and commented how poorly it was written. She was right, it was very clear that this was not written by a lawyer. What is with all these influences pretending to be lawyers, Like, surely they have enough money to just seek legal help us.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: The letter stated that if Jane didn't immediately stop making false and slanderous claims against Adis Paul, that a defamation lawsuit would commence against her. Interestingly, as I said earlier, the letter referred to Adis by his real name, Johannes Paul. One line that really stood out to me in the letter was you must not make false accusations of being a victim and accusing Johanna's Paul of pedophilia grooming as if it was not consentual. Now, in Queensland, the age of consent for having sex is sixteen, so if you are under sixteen, you legally cannot give consent. So for this legal letter to say, oh, you can't call me a pedophile as if it wasn't consentsual, well, you actually can't give consent at the age of sixteen, so it is a criminal offense to engage in sexual activity with a child under sixteen. Queensland laws apply to a range of sexual activity, including sexual penetration and touching a person in a sexual way, for example, on their breast. Now, there was a picture of Attis and Jane when she was in year eight when she was thirteen, and he was in year twelve when he was sixteen, and he's groping her breast. The photo was taken by Anna Paul. This went viral at the time on social meid. It's even more proof that this letter wasn't written by a lawyer. The fact that this person who wrote this letter clearly doesn't understand Queensland's laws for one, and the wording is so off. Yeah, I mean a lawyer would never make a comment using consent as a defense when it's not a legal defense. In Queensland. The only defense that can be considered is if the child is over the age of twelve and the accused believed on reasonable grounds that the child was above the age of sixteen. In a case of Attis and Jane, the pair went to school together, so it's likely that Adas was aware of how old she was at the time. It's quite ironic because their attempts to silence. Jane actually did the opposite, and the story completely blew up, and that cease and desist letter went viral, and Michayla said it caused the Poles to scramble and engage real lawyers. So they also released a statement on YouTube defending themselves and slamming Jane. And it was at this point in Michayla's YouTube video that she held the smoking gun because she actually had the unedited version of the poll's video statement. My jaw was on the floor when she played some of these unedited parts. This was the first scene from the unedited video of Attis.
Speaker 3: Poul For the most part of the relationship, I barely thought she was high.
Speaker 1: Just not sommed this guy off. This is apparently an example of his sense of humor. And Michayela was saying that he thought it'd be hilarious to say something that he'd get canceled for at the start of the video. Obviously knew it wouldn't go to air. It has gone to air now, in the fact that these allegations were so serious and he thought, oh, I'm going to make this joke at the start of it. Also, do they not realize things like that get leaked all the time they have. And it's interesting because I went to go watch the original video and Anna Paul's YouTube channel is no longer available to view. I would have got that shit down a meeting if I was there when she first came out with the allegations on Tiktomah. Throughout this podcast episode, Mikayla was really trying to paint a picture of how much Anna protected Addas, and these snippets from the unedited statement really demonstrated it. She really did the dirty work for her brother, and it's so disturbing that it appears that she knew the truth and knowingly covered it up for Adis Now. In the statement that went live, Anna denied that she and Adas had any knowledge of the cease and desist letter and that it was the Pool team who sent it to Jane. In the unedited version of the video, though, it showed that this was not the case at all.
Speaker 4: We want to say that we can like a little bit more. We convinced that lawyer, like we we thought a video. We would yeah, we pitched that idea to our lawyer. We would prefer to make a video. So everyone still has a chance to still give a chance for because that's what we're doing. We make videos. We commenced. Please let us try to resolve this with our selves with a video before a human. So so we pitched her a lawyer that we want to make this right with a video rather than legal action.
Speaker 1: I think Mikayla's commentary really summed it up. The pool's team. We didn't have a team. We never had a pool team. The team didn't exist.
Speaker 2: I just was sitting on his laptop making the fake email, sending it off, sending it to our address.
Speaker 1: He was he was doing all of it all right. Well, I could think about when I was watching This unedited version is Anna's most recent statement that went viral regarding Mikayla's original claims. Imagine getting the unedited version of that. It shocks me that someone as famous and rich as Anna Paul doesn't have her own team. I mean, it's pretty clear that the family sat around like they had previously done to try and work out this awful apology. But just that she doesn't have a team. She's watching that video. She does not habitat. She runs a business with Sam Maignan as a PR company. I think Sam had nothing to do with it. I think they did. I don't think that he did, and he probably trying to distance himself from all of this as it's blowing up. But what I'm saying is, surely they would have spoken to someone and got some advice. Do you think any expert would have given them that advice for her to say what she did in the TikTok? I think that maybe they've been given advice and they're too arrogant to take it on board. No, no, but they I think that they're so caught up in thinking that everyone loves them and it's just going to blow over and everyone's not going to believe Michayla. I think it gives more of an insight into the fact that maybe this family is as powerful as everybody thinks they are. I would put a lot of money on the fact that they would be now sitting with a crisis pr management team working out their next steps from here. Now. The levels at the polls allegedly went to silence a sixteen year oldgol were very disturbing. Mikayla claims that Adas purchase bots and sent them to Jane's account for two reasons. So the first was to try and get Jane's Instagram account taken down by Instagram so she would stop posting receipts about him. The second was to try and paint Jane as a fame hungry cloud chaser. So Jane had sixty thousand followers at the time after sharing the season desist letter. And this part of the strategy worked, particularly after Anna said this in her statement on YouTube.
Speaker 4: And even this morning she was buying life and followers on her Instagram, which this is irrelevant, pet shit, right, But when it comes into the story of her doing this for wrong intentions, it makes complete sense. You know, having a.
Speaker 1: Large she's not doing she does. She didn't buy followers.
Speaker 4: To get her voice out there, because followers they're not real people, right. She just wants a bigger number next to her name, which is why we think this whole thing started in the first place. As old friends have said, she's jealous of the fame that Mikaylibert. A lot of petty stuff, and it's just unfortunate that this very petty person and very petty situation has blown.
Speaker 1: Up to such a large extent. It's just completely fucked the manipulation.
Speaker 4: You know, she's buying followers now she has now wanted to come out with her own business endeavor. Literally one day after this whole happened, she's now saying that she wants to come out with her own business endeavor, literally.
Speaker 1: Just after this. I'll take my hat off to them. It was definitely a very clever and strategic move to do that and to plant a seed of doubt in people's mind as to what her intentions were. Extremely unethical, oh, completely completely unethical, the wrong thing to do. But I was so fascinated by this concept of bot war was because mc kayla was saying that she's had people send her bots. She sent bots to other people. It seems like some of the influencers due to discredit people. Yeah, it seemed just like this common tactic and it was more like, Oh, it's really annoying because I've got to remove all of these bots. It does blow my mind that everyone was okay at the time with Anna sending millions of her followers to bully a sixteen year old girl, Like, yeah, her tone about her even in there were snippets where she was like this little girl, and then she'd have to rephrase and be like a sixteen year old girl it's ironic that they're calling her a little girl, and also quite disturbing considering what she's accused. Otis all, yeah, exactly, Well it's like your brother was dating this little girl. Yeah, well, things couldn't get any worse, Mikayla added this unedited snippet.
Speaker 4: So we decided to drive to her house to tell her to please stop spreading our address. And when I say meat, and when I say we, I mean myself at us, Glenn, Glenn's older sister, Glenn's sister, and their family friends. So it was five of us. It was five adults going to confront a fourteen year old. And I fully understand how that is just inappropriate being older. Now, that is something that we shouldn't have done. Like I realized that we did it to intimidate her, but comment, she's fourteen. But okay, because we have to take accountability, I'm going to say we didn't talk. We were just there. We were just there to support.
Speaker 1: I mean the fact that they thought that that was okay to put out. Oh, there were five adults there to intimidate a fourteen year old, and that addis is like, probably shouldn't say that. I mean, what is going on, why is Anna putting her career on the line to protect her brother so much? Well, again, it sounded like the whole house revolved around Addis Paul. It made me feel so sick hearing Addis coaching Anna what to say. It's like, You've got a sister here whose career is on the line because of something that you've done. It's important to know that Addis Paul and Mikayla Tester also featured in this video, but it was really Anna taking the rap for it because she has the biggest profile. I suppose she had the most to protect in this situation, but it's also a pretty strategic move to use her because she is so likable. Yeah, with her coming up and defending him, people are like, okay, it must be true. And Nakayla touched on the fact that she felt really guilty for her part in this video. But we've got to remember soundly she has being completely gaslit about this whole situation. She said she had Stockholm syndrome, and this is something that people with Stockholm syndrome do, they port their abuses. We've got to remember as well that this situation with Jane took place several years before Mikayla even came onto the scene, so she was just believing what the polls were telling her and obviously wanted to think the best of her partner now. Despite the attempts to intimidate and silence Jane, to her credit, the sixteen year old did not back down, so she released a statement to her Instagram that read, to anyone normalizing thirteen year olds dating sixteen year olds, plus, I hope you give the same energy to your youngest siblings if she finds herself in that position. Better yet, your future child. Dating is a time in my life that has been very detrimental to my mental health and self esteem. Post healing from the breakup, it took me well over a year to fully recover from all the built up manipulation, lies, and gas lighting I'd been fed and susceptible to. I believed I was mature at the time, but I had to deal with the emotional aspect for longer than the relationship. He told me how to act, what music I should listen to, what to wear and post so I don't come off too young, and when people say I would look older, that would give him a lot of satisfaction. But my self image was me trying to be several years older and more mature than I was, engaging in underage drinking, drugs, sex, etc. With Addis Paul, I lost a lot of my true identity, young and innocent throughout this, and mental challenges faced being with the presence of their family and the pedestal they put themselves on. Years after healing from this, I felt no need to speak on this as I've grown, But once again I chose to be silent, And now I choose to voice against your pathetic attempt to silence me and save your career when I wasn't coming through it in the first place. Taking accountability would serve you better than threatening to destroy me in court. But that's the morally correct thing to do. But your morals clearly aren't in check. The truth is spilling out. But hey, at least I'm not silenced. Speak up, you were heard. What a powerful statement. I think. The thing that's most shocking is all of these allegations seem to just disappear. Everyone seemed to forget about them. Anna and Addis's career exploded. Remember we spoke about this metamorphosis of Addis Paul and he turned into this guy who liked painting and horse riding, and he seemed really sweet. He was a background character to Anna's videos because he stopped posting on social media and it was actually good for him to only be the background character. And you talk about Anna's success her meet and greet shut down the CBD in Perth, and when you look back at those photos, you see Adis there around a bunch of underage girls signing people's heads. As MICHAELA said, no one had a problem with him being around all these young girl. It would have been so tough for Jane sitting back and watching this happen, because you've put your heart and soul out there, You've explained what's gone on, and you probably would feel like no one believed you. Yeah, And when you look back at what went down in twenty twenty one between Jane and Addis, you just wonder how the polls were even able to reach that level of success. I mean, it kind of just shows as a society and also media wise, that people were just willing to overlook the claims.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I think it's because the mainstream media only really picked up on who Anna Paul was when she shut down Perth CBD and a lot of the time media don't really want to put the effort into these influencer stories because I think it's just some trashy thing. I mean, we've seen that play out recently last month, when Mikayla Tester started making all these allegations, the media were all over it. But now when allegations and very serious ones have been leveled at an influencer who is a male, no one can be stuff to put in the groundwork to uncover what is going on. From having worked in the media, I think think there are a few reasons why the mainstream media is not picking up in this story, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact of who these people are. I think that if you look into newspaper journalism, for example, there are a lot of older journalists who might not understand what a big pop culture story this is, but they understood it a month ago, how big this was. I mean, that's why all the publications were picking up on that. But they're picking up on stuff that they can easily report on. They're not wanting to do the groundwork in order to actually release this story in the newspaper. There's a lot of legalities around it. I mean, you can't just come out and say this person did X, Y and Z. And there was a really interesting documentary that was released a few years ago on Belle Gibson and it showed the efforts of one reporter to expose her, and it also spoke about how the media actually have this huge responsibility when they're promoting people like Bell Gibson and Anna Paul and Addis Paul, and how often journalists don't actually look into the full story. Like with Bell Gibson, for example, her friend had been trying to expose her for months. She'd been emailing numerous journalists about this story, and a lot of people just said to well, well, these are really serious allegations, like we need proof, and often the onus of proof is placed on the source of the story. People aren't like journalism is different now. They don't have the time to spend looking into the stories, putting it on a plate, you know what I mean, she's providing all of the receipts necessary, so some of the receipts, but some of the receipts wouldn't actually hold up in the journalism world, Like you can't just say, oh, here's a message of me dming my friend about it. I also think that it comes down to journalists being scared and also media organizations not having the money and power that they once had. They're coming up against people who also they know have money, so I think that's why they're a bit reluctant to do it. Let's be realistic. This is a case of a story is more interesting to the Australian media if it is a catfight between two of Australia's biggest only fans. Does they don't want to report on a guy who has been accused of domestic violence even though violence against women is such a serious issue in the country. It's clear. I mean, look at the Australian media landscape. We've got Ben Cousins on Dancing with the Stars and then promoted into the AFL footy commentating team. The media do not care about domestic violence against women. I mean two minds about it. Because I also think that sections of the media could potentially be discrediting Mikayla's claims due to what her profession is, which is so unfair as she's a sex worker. Maybe they think that the mainstream media or public aren't going to take her claim seriously. See, I actually think Anna being a sex worker and being Australia's most famous sex worker actually went in her favor in terms of people not wanting to question her, because I mean I actually predicted at the start of this year that she would be canceled because I saw the momentum of how people reacted to Bonnie Blue when she came to Australia, and I think we went through this phase of very sex positivity, very supportive of sex workers, and it got to the point people didn't want to say anything that went against her because they would be seen to be being derogatory. Yeah, at the time, everyone felt a bit too awkward or like they weren't allowed to question why a sex worker was becoming a pin up for school age children and a role model, and that it was inappropriate. I agree, Kate though, with your comments about the momentum changing, because even this week I saw that it was highly publicized that James Brayshaw's son got engaged to an only fans creator. Well, she is scouted as the most sexually active woman in Australia and they ran with that. Yeah, and that's the theme. Headlines were disgusting about this woman. I looked at the comments section. It was appalling what they were saying about her. So I feel like it's almost feeling like we've done a full one eighty and we've gone back to what we were, which I don't think is a good place either. We won progression and acceptance of sex work as a career, but I think the way it has been put on a pedestal recently, I mean, and directed at children as being a job that maybe teenagers should aspire to. Yeah, because Mikayla Tester spoke about how she would not want her children following in her footsteps and doing sex work, whereas she played a clip of Anna Paul saying that she thinks it's this great profession and you know, people should look into it. Essentially, I think what's so fascinating about this whole story is that in twenty twenty five, it really shows you just how powerful social media is compared to the mainstream media. Well, it's like citizen journalism really, because Mikayla has managed to get her story out. She didn't have to go to a herald son and give it to them exclusively. And let's be real, I mean, how many gen Z's or millennials actually still read the newspapers. Her going straight to YouTube, she could air any claims that she wanted. She didn't actually have to stick to the legalities or you know, the journalist rules of what they can include and what they can't, and she can control the narratives. Yeah, and you can see how she has been able to tell her story on YouTube and it has gone straight to her audience. People are posting this all over TikTok. There are really no rules people of following when they're talking about this story as well. Yeah, I mean, the only publication that wrote an overview of Mikayla Tester's podcast was Pedestrian, and I wonder if they had any illegal trouble because the article was removed for a few days and then it returned. I actually didn't see the original article, so I don't know if they had to tweak anything. But to me, it does really demonstrate the copycat nature of the media, where people no longer come up with story ideas, they just copy what's going around. So a month ago, when these initial claims first came out, you had every media publication writing about it because they're like, oh, just copywnews dot Com wrote, oh that's okay, I'll copy what Mama Mia wrote, and it was all just the same thing. But everyone was writing about it. But because not one big publication has come out and wanted to touch this, the other ones are like, oh okay, nothing's a copy up. I'm gonna have to go listen to that tour podcast because I have heard there are a number of media organizations who they have literally been given the directive from staff above, like do not print stories where we're gonna get sued. She don't have the budget. I mean, you can see how the media is slowly dying. There's not as much money in it, so people aren't wanting to stick their neck on the line and to print stories like this. We're too out for the polls because I personally don't know if they can return from this. I don't think that they can come back from this. I might be naive in saying that, but this is just one installment of a number of YouTube videos that Mikayla is planning and putting out against the polls, and I feel like she's still got some big things to drop. I just wish they'd put it in the movies. Like the eras too like you could go to gold class and sit and watch. The people were saying that it was almost too long. I saw a few people on TikTok joking, could someone just you know, make this The reason I think the media hasn't touched it because I think the journal is like, I'm not sitting down for two and a half hours to watch this. I think the only way Anna could potentially recover from this is if she adopts the strategy that Taylor Swift did when she was being called a snake by Kim Kardashian, and also what l Dharby did recently, because a couple of years ago, all these old racist tweets and homophobic and fat phobic tweets that l Darby made when she was a teenager re emerged and she was absolutely canceled. So she just went offline for around eight months to a year and then returned, and she obviously had to paint the full story that she was a different person. Blah blah blah. I think that's the only way Anna can return. Surprisingly though, I thought she would have lost more followers on TikTok and Instagram because I had a look at social Blade and over the last thirty days she's lost one hundred and five thousand on Instagram and two hundred thousand on TikTok. Initially, when the scandal broke, she lost over a million followers on TikTok. Do you think people are sticking around to see if there's another terrible apology view? I mean, it's sort of like watching a car crash, isn't it. Like it's become this sport of almost disliking Anna paul and engaging in a negative way with her content. So it's still getting engagement, But I mean, you know, at the end of the day, I think it's right, kay. I think that they will have to disappear for a considerable amount of time. But how do you do that when you've got a business, Paulie Skin, you've got a business partner, You've probably got you know, promotions in the work that you're supposed to be doing. People Really awkward for them, isn't it. People have been saying on TikTok that they have seen a lot more paulyads recently, whether they've pumped money into advertising. She's been quite active on Paulie's TikTok, and people have been hypothesizing that they're really trying to test the market there. I would love to know the sale stats, Like can you just imagine the massive dive. One thing that she can't do is return to TikTok as if nothing has happened again, do you reckon at this point in time, at the Paul HQ, they're trying to find some incriminating evidence against Mikayla. You know the way that Mikayla had the I don't think that, but do you reckon? They are, Like I'm just trying to think from seeing how they've worked in the past, they're probably trying to find a video where they've got Mikayla saying something unto Walls. I keep back that way. Probably. I'm personally really interested to see when this next podcast drops because at the start of this episode, Mikayla, as we mentioned, said that she had not heard from the poll's legal team. But I do think that potentially now that may have changed. Well, that is where we're going to leave things today. Thank you for listening to another episode of Outspoken. If you do enjoy the show, we would absolutely love it if you could recommend us to a friend and share where you're listening from. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Plains. We pay respect to elders past and present