Speaker 1: The Chris John O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood.
Speaker 2: Street, Wretchman.
Speaker 1: This is the Chris John o'conn all Breakfast Show on Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning Melbourne. If we got a show for you this morning. It's all requests that we do every single Friday, the only breakfast show up and down the dial, the ley. You pick all the music the entire show, the next four hours of songs. Every single song we play picks by you, the music from Melbourne, not the songs you heard an hour or two ago. We want a few surprises also on today's show because I've got a brand new Vinyl turntable that we tried out yesterday on the show by actually plugging it in to basically the studio hot warrant into Gold one A four point three. This morning show is a kind of drive by Vinyl.
Speaker 2: Well, we gave out the address of the station at the very top of the hour. Just come and drop in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, swing by ours and if you've got some vinyl, we's stick it on. We've got some people who are coming in this morning, making their way right now. In fact, somebody was waiting outside the building when I got here, in the shadows. He actually did come out the shadows with a cigarette and went on a Christian Oh God, this is it. I always wondered how I was gonna go. Let me just put my kids to say goodbye. Always know this moment would come. So yeah, you could swing by this morning if you've got some vinyl you want us to play. Also, just thinking about vinyl, and so many texts and calls and emails about vinyl this morning. Know only we were looking for more of your song requests on nine four one four Three songs that your mum and dad had in their vinyl collection. My dad had some terrible, terrible stuff. Mum had to call her stuff. She had Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, Springsteen, John Cougar, Mellencamp, Bob Marley and the Wailers. My dad had Theirs, a very famous Irish folk band. My dad Irish and his grandparents called the Dubliners legendary Irish folkman. Biggest hit. If you want to go deep dive on YouTube today Seven Drunken Nights.
Speaker 2: Not good enough to be the first song that kicks us off this morning.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, if I played seven Drunken Knights, people would love it. Before the pokes. If some of you familiar with the boats, there was the dubliness. What about your folks, what they have in there?
Speaker 2: Well, I asked me. I said, I was excited to go home and rifle through dad's record collection and I couldn't got home and I couldn't find it. And so I've been waiting for the message overnight because my parents are in Europe on holiday.
Speaker 3: Jack's parents are on the run. They're on the lamb right now in Europe, or they're just on the run from Jack.
Speaker 2: So I said, where are all the vinyl albums? Mum said, we sold a lot of them when we got the DVD player.
Speaker 3: They might be it makes no sense what they're watching vinyl.
Speaker 2: Because I was I was hunting through all the cupboarders. I was hunting through all the cupboins last night. She goes, the remaining ones might be in the roof.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, a lot of bo We should do this just to shove the stuff. So find up in the roof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we don't have an addict.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're looking for the rooky collection of the songs that your mum and dad used to have nine four one four one four three. So to kickstart the show, we need want of you to pick a song. We've got Christian on the line. Good morning, Christian, Hey undergoing it's going very very well. We're started about today's show, buddy. You can also find out on today's show how Hamish McLaughlin gone on last night with this phrase that pays. Christian is the guy who if you ever go to our Facebook page which is OC one O four to three, it does off his own back in his own time. He does these amazing what was he going? Graphic cartoons related to stuff that which I can I have talked about on the show. So thanks for that, Christian.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Do you have an Instagram or anywhere else? Can people can never look at some of your artwork because you're very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, my fiance has been trying to convince me to do with that kind of stuf, so I don't yet, but I'm getting one set up, so.
Speaker 3: You need to. Honestly, I know you just do this as a bit of fun and you're an amateur artist. You got yourself, but you're really good. Anyway, listen, what song can we kick start today's show with? Oh?
Speaker 4: Perfect? Well, I'm a huge movie buff and I love National Lampoon's Vacation. So how about Holiday Road from Lindsay bucking.
Speaker 3: In great song, Christian, have a top weekend. Thanks for picking this.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I was back when he had a job, Lindsay buckinghe and what a great song Holiday Road first on this morning our all quest breakfast show on the Christian Cornor Back Show on Gold one four point three. Well, like we said this morning, we are going all vinyl.
Speaker 5: It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. You now go back, all request, all show, all vinyl, well some of.
Speaker 3: Them okay, So you can swing by us today and if you got some vinyl, we will stick it on and play it for you. The guy is the first, got the honors for doing this first all this morning with us was a friend we made. Was it last Friday when we're asking who's going to bed, who's been working all night? And this guy calls in a hard work and DJ Professional Djail not myself DJ Steve Strange, Good on and welcome to the show. Good morning, Christian, and welcome to our Love studio as well. Steve, thank you, it's fantastic. So have you been working all night and then just come by us?
Speaker 6: Last week I did, but Friday's I usually get together with my good friend back there and we do a bit of songwriting in his recording studio.
Speaker 3: Oh is this when you say the friend about that? Is this the legend from the Little Riverband? It is, mister David Briggs. What's he doing out there? Bring him in? This guy's a legend. He's just sat there on the couch so lively. Is gremy nominated songwriter? Yeah, great band, bringing the legend? Come on, we can't have you out there, please definitely hanging there trying to shake his hand. You John up on that microphone there, legend. Oh you can call me mister legend. So how can we drag you in as well? What's to do with you? Exactly at this time of the morning. I'm not really sure. You look very smart, you look very dappy. You are a proper legend. Little River Band amazing band. Yes they were, they were. I agree, I concur So how can we've come in with Steve this morning?
Speaker 7: Steve and I get together every Friday at my studio, work on a bit of original material, have breakfast together. It's been a ritual of ours for many many years.
Speaker 3: Now. How cool, What a great thing to do. I love this. Yeah, And so what is the what is the first vinyl song we're going to play this morning?
Speaker 6: One of your favorites?
Speaker 3: I believe, I'll let you introduce it.
Speaker 6: Well, we've got to cure it up first, don't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean it wasn't an easy This is why everything now is just on a hard drives and MP three's.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I had the honor of lifting the need but I didn't realize you could actually damage vinyl by doing what I did yesterday.
Speaker 3: Very very sensitive format. You're going to be really really careful with that. You can you can ruin it.
Speaker 2: So I've been relieved of that task.
Speaker 3: And also we need to point out right, this isn't any normal vinyl player, the one that I've been given this week. It's a vertical, upright one.
Speaker 2: It sure is increased.
Speaker 3: Steve's now put the kind of glasses that a jeweler might have on him examining some on the right side.
Speaker 6: I don't think you've put it on the wrong right side. I don't think you've put it on the right side.
Speaker 2: This is pretty much exactly what I did yesterday, you know, and.
Speaker 3: Now we all love vinyl. But sorry, Mel, but I don't know what we've just done to your ears. No, we had it on the wrong side. Goodness knows what we were going to play. So yeah, this is probably why people moved away from vinyl on breakfast shows, because it takes ages to get it queued up. However, it's going to be worth it because it's a brilliant song. Sorry, what's happened? We'll just gotta flip it. We're gonna flip it. Let me turn that awful noise off. I don't mean, Jake.
Speaker 2: I mean I was pretty bad at launching the vinyl yesterday. But I think it's a little faster than this.
Speaker 3: I have to be honest. We listen the Steve is he's squinting through the glasses. Yeah, yeah, Steve, I'll let you introduce it off.
Speaker 6: You go, okay, this is the boss, Bruce Springsteen. We're going to spin that fantastic black plastics born to run plate Steve, play Steve, It won't go down to play Steve.
Speaker 3: We go. It sounds like a new competition.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three want to.
Speaker 3: Run on Vinyl the greatest former ever. I hope it sounds great. Three car speakers this morning. How do you listen to the Gold one of four point three? All request between now and ten o'clock. And if you got vinyl you can sharp with stick it on like this. Need to fade this down now, really sharpest, sorry Bruce, otherwise we're going to go straight into the next track. This is that little crackle? Yeah quick, sorry Bruce, got to go now. DJ Steve Strange. He's the person who's the first person who pop in and see us with Brisy from the Little Riverband two Legends of the Price of One. Steve, thank you very much for coming in so early this morning and playing that for us.
Speaker 6: My absolute pleasure. I must apologize a bit at the QUP job. This chain table doesn't lend itself very well to standard djang no, and I do have to apologize. I had a late night, had had a bad dream. I dreamt I was a muffler. I woke up this morning. Man, was I exhausted?
Speaker 3: Why? Wow? We all saw it coming, but it was still beautiful when we got there. Thank you, Steve A song at a krusty old joke. Yes, it actually might be older than that song it is, I think. So that's great. So you brought in the vinyl that you got Stones album as well, and tell us when did you buy these? Dan, can you remember getting them?
Speaker 6: I didn't buy them. They were given to me by the record companies back in the day. A couple of good friends and myself. We were some of the preferred DJs for lack of better term, we were supplied by the record companies all of our music. And this is I think that one. The Bruce Springsteen album is a test pressing. I think because it's on a matt cover. The albums that were for sale were generally gloss so that's a test pressing virgin vinyl, and so was the Stones Albu virgin vinyl. And I would like you to have them as my gift to you.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I can't accept that because they'd be worth a lot of money. That is, your pension plan doesn't matter. They're my gift to you all on my.
Speaker 6: Heart really absolutely, that's amazing my pleasure because I got rid of all my old vinyl.
Speaker 3: Well now I've got this awkward, upright vertical vinyl plan. I need some stuff to ruin on it. So thank you very much. That's that's a very very generous thing to do, my pleasure.
Speaker 6: I've probably got a couple more in the collection anyway.
Speaker 2: So okay, And is the true DJ Steve Strange that you before we played Born to Run just then we that's never been played before, Virgin Vinyl, Virgin Vinyl.
Speaker 6: And the Stands album as well, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Will listen, bricksy Steve, thank you very much for coming in this morning. How pleasure thinks? All right, thank you very much. If you've got some more songs for us nine four one.
Speaker 1: Four one O four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three give one.
Speaker 3: It's a Christian o'connorback for show six twenty seven on Gold one I four point three with jeans for jeans ten thousand dollars We're given away ten thousand dollars today. Can believe this By the end of the show where doing it. Yeah, we are going to play just off the seven o'clock the song that you all need to listen out for this morning. That will be played again before the end of the show. So some point between seven and ten, one song played twice. When you hear the second play played in full, that's when you can call in on nine four one four one four three to win the ten k no repeat work day.
Speaker 2: Do you know what time the second song's played?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Can I know?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Some requests coming in by the way. That was for Joy and Bayswater, Heart and Danger by Southern Songs, Southern Souns, brilliant song. Christian and the Gold Team, Can I please request man eater haul of notes today? Did you know that John Oates is born on April the seventh? I did know that he is my least favorite member of the band, so I disregard that fact, but thanks anyway. Christian and Jack would love to hear Wishing Well by Terrence Trent Darby or scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers. These are the earliest songs I can remember hearing coming from the radio. You're making me feel really old and not that old? Are they? Nobody answered that always bring back memories of being a kid visiting my grandparents and then listen to this devastating sign off. I'm obsessed with the show. My mum loves you. Thank you very much, Jake and Berrick send my regards to your mum. All right, So this morning, then, Jack and I have also decided, with all the vinyl stuff that's going on today's show, we are wearing band T shirts. Okay, you're in a Descendant's T shirt, very cool looking one.
Speaker 2: Thank you. The whole teams did band T shirt today, which is kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What's what's Beck's got there? She's taking calls right now. You give us a call. What's Beck's got on?
Speaker 2: She got Eagles Eagles ninety five World Tour.
Speaker 3: Nice nick I producers had to borrow one because he is not into that kind of music. You know, if un necesss a sort of you know, a musical, you are not a Pink Floyd fan. But anyway, he's got Pink Floyd T shirt on. I've got for this hour, I've got one a different one for each hour.
Speaker 2: Did you really do that You're going to change between each break?
Speaker 3: I've got three more in my bag. I've got a led zep one. Pats, what do you rock him?
Speaker 2: Brian Adams, He's get up to a one?
Speaker 5: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 8: Why should that be a surprise?
Speaker 3: Because I tell you what whenever you talk about the late great Patrick Swayze or the Live for Now, unless Pat gets her grub a little hands on him, Brian Adams, tell them what you said to me before the show today when you were talking about how much you love love Brian.
Speaker 8: Adams want a weary skin and we're out here.
Speaker 1: Connell Breakfast show gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: God one a four point three kid one, It's a Christian and Connor boake for show Errol Australian crawl. Pick Bye, Steve in Ainsbury another song, all requests with all of today's show. We do this everday Friday between now and ten o'clock. Added bonus today if you swing my ours with your vinyl records, we will stick some of on. Steve half an ago rocked up with a bricksy from the Little River Band who is just just left out sort of in reception here. Strange but anyway that turned up and we've heard born to Run on VINYLSS Morning which hopefully sounded brilliant. Now it's time now for you to be tested on your movie knowledge. I have a little gift before we play house. Jack's seen it. You mentioned how you'd seen Point Break, but only the end of it.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 3: Producer Becks found this in a bargain being yesterday. Just were seven bucks, Swayze, Keanu Reeves, Point Break good movie.
Speaker 2: I don't have a DVD player laptop.
Speaker 3: Can you play off your laptop?
Speaker 2: No, new laptops don't have the CD drive anymore. You got to get the detachable CD drive and plug it into the like the fire.
Speaker 3: I think she's still got the receipts. We can get show money. We need to have reached single dollar, every single Donnar right now. Ah, Shane, you would have loved that. It's a good movie. Nick Nolty as well, in there.
Speaker 2: Rather bit ending it, if I remember correctly, very strong, very strong.
Speaker 3: I'm just not sure about the beginning of it or the middle of it. All right, So Jack claims to have studied movies at some kind of college.
Speaker 2: Yes, the tape isn't around anymore. It goes by a different name. It used to be n MIT and I studied film and television.
Speaker 3: But mentioned a single movie from the last one hundred years. And he's like that, No, I think I saw it through a window once, or I think I saw the end of it, or I've heard about it. So we tested once a week.
Speaker 2: Let's have it least. Can we have at least two new movies from callers today and in the last So be cool up.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite movie? Don't drink catch up, just say what's what's your favorite movies?
Speaker 2: That they'd all do like Steamboat Mickey from.
Speaker 3: The Silent Movies. Steamboat Mickey? Have you seen Steamboat Mickey? It's a great movie. All right, give us a call now the nine one four three. How's Jack seen it? You mentioned your favorite movie? We'll find out last week five nail to us movies versus Jack five to movies, nail to Jackie not seen any of them. See how he gets on this morning nine four one four one O four three for Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Show Old one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: See this is what's going about handling all the music to you every single Friday on the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on God one and four point three, we get a few surprises like this Squeeze actually Ray in Roxburgh, bart and Cool for Cats. You'd never heard of Squeeze.
Speaker 2: I'd heard that song obviously, but no, I don't know Squeeze.
Speaker 3: Tell you what, honestly, they did some brilliant, brilliant stuff. They still do as well. So it's coming up for ten to seven. Let's play round three. How's Jack seen it? You just cool up this morning? Name your favorite movie, don't try and catch him out or anything, and they's see if Jack has seen it. Whitewash last week for you. I hadn't seen any of them. And these were big blockbuster movies.
Speaker 2: And we'll finally retire the game when I get a higher score of movies scene than movies haven't seen h five Neil last week.
Speaker 3: Jase is on the line. Good on in, Jase, Yeah I might. Good morning, Welcome to the show, Jason. What's the movie Gladiator?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, Russell Crow, I've seen Gladiator? Yeah, fighting the stuff in the make it sound like I haven't seen it, but no.
Speaker 3: He definitely no, No, that's there's no good now. I think he's panicking. Who was fighting? Who was fighting in the time period? What was he dressed in.
Speaker 2: Yet it was Roman times. He was in a gladiator gladiatorial out He was in the Colosseum, Jaquin Phoenix is in there, yep.
Speaker 3: And name a character.
Speaker 2: Okay, Maximus? Is that is that Russell Crowe?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, looking at his sole hampy there all right, Jace, he's got that one. Let's try another one we go from Jace two. Mark, good morning, Good morning, hey Mark, welcome to the show for a good week.
Speaker 10: Mark.
Speaker 3: What's the movie.
Speaker 11: Big Trouble in Little China?
Speaker 3: Great eighties movie? Kurt Russell? Have you seen this?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: What's it called Big, Big Trouble in Little China. It's a classic eighties movie.
Speaker 2: Never even heard of it?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 3: Oh well, you're in for a treat worth digging out. One out. That's very good, Mark, Thank you very much for call the sake one more.
Speaker 9: Steven, here's the money.
Speaker 3: Warning is everyone who were chucking on this one? Sounds like they've been drinking heavily. Hey, Stephen, what's the.
Speaker 4: Movie The Outsiders?
Speaker 2: The Outsiders? Remind me again what it's about.
Speaker 3: No, that is not how this works. It's not called remind me of a movie. It's not called vague movie. Recollections. Now he hasn't seen it. So the schools so far are two one, two, one alright known four one four, one oh four three kidding Heidi all request that's one of Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Kidding Heidi on Gold one of four point three, or a question on a question no color recers on Gold one four pour three. Every Friday pick by carra In Hoppers Crossing, got more great songs coming up till the next hour, crewing a song, first play of the song that is the ten K no repeat day winning song and more vinyl. As you drive by the show today, come on up to level two him Richmond, and we'll stick on some of your vinyl.
Speaker 2: Drive by the show just makes it sound like they're flinging the record out the window.
Speaker 3: Check this on a drive by vinyl. Okay, let's go back to the lines in the final around this morning of Has Jack seen it? Graham? Yes, Graham, good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hey guys, how are you Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's Friday? Great?
Speaker 9: I thought I tried stamping with an old favorite of mine.
Speaker 3: Dancers with great Kevin Costa movie.
Speaker 2: Started doing old films like.
Speaker 3: It's it's not that old.
Speaker 9: We're talking late nineties, nineties, and there's a director's cut. You've got two choices here, both.
Speaker 2: I tell you what. I tell you what. I never get excited about with movies. It's really really long films. And isn't this movie famously long?
Speaker 3: Oh? Sorry? So you prefer like dude, where's my car? Yeah? All right? Yeah, bye bye, a school station, Godfather? See there? Goodfellas? Keep an hour and a half because I haven't got the brain.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it have like a four hour running time? Dancers with Wolf?
Speaker 3: Oh? That was the director's cup, But the normal version was pretty good because it was such a good movie. Do you know what if I guess I reckon? That was about two and a half hours or something like that, and a great movie. A great movie. You don't glance at your watch once.
Speaker 2: All right, it's on the list, But no, I have not seen that. I go down three to one.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's try one more.
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 2: Is this a double pointer? Because I can't really win if we're only doing one more.
Speaker 3: This is a year? Have you got them? Okay? Right, we've got the newest spot in the way the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Well that was sick. What a great start to this hour on the show. Come on host to Christian o'clor Breakfast Show on God one of four point three professional as ever.
Speaker 11: Brad, Good morning guys, there you going.
Speaker 3: We're pretty good. It's Friday, Brad. Every song we played this morning and every Friday on the show is picked by the people of Melbourne, songs that they want to hear. What would you like to kick this hour off with? And why.
Speaker 11: Wet boy? Everybody's working for the weekend, being that Friday, we're heading to the weekend to someone takes you back about twenty odd years when I was an apprentice and you just don't earn too much, but you look forward to the weekend blowing on your cash one god knows what. Driving into work in the morning at the window down had a mule packed in so the here's blogging the car and just excited about the weekend coming up. And what kind of missie you're going to get up to and where are you going to end us on Sunday and Monday morning.
Speaker 3: So Brilliamp this is why we do this feature Brad, this is your song. Have a top weekend you two guys, thanks you much.
Speaker 1: The Christian who conn will Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: Love a boy working for the weekend. Pick bye Brad on God one four point three K Mornings to Christiano Cornor Breakfast Show. And the news is that that song is the ten K winning the repeat work day song that will be played again before the end of the show. So between now and ten am, will we played again? When you're here in four that's when you give us a call on nine four one four one four three. So this morning show we're doing this.
Speaker 5: It's the Christian O'Connell breakfast shows. A do nowle's go back, all request, all show, all vinyl, well some of them.
Speaker 3: So I've got a brand new vinyl turntable. I've decided to bring it into work. We tried out yesterday. Sounds beautiful. We did Divine of Famous yesterday, Blister and the Sun. We sounded great. We're doing this today where you can swing by us here in Richmond and pop on up to our Level two studio and play someween vinyl. A lot of people are they don't believe we're actually doing this.
Speaker 2: How could we get I mean, every time we've tried to use this new upright turntable with it's actually really tricky to try.
Speaker 3: The sounds a mess. And then you hear the beautiful, warm crackle of the vinyl song that sounds great.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we could be faking that. Yeah, but well we would go to more effort to fake it. Then if they just got a real lie.
Speaker 3: You do this for a living, you are inherently lazy. This is not a job. It's stealing a living. It's easy for us just to play off hard drive modestly. It's Friday. It wants to work that hard. However, this sounding great. So Joel is in this morning with this Good Morning Joel, the Morning Christian Goo Morning album.
Speaker 10: Here we Traveling.
Speaker 3: I love that. It sounds like a DJO, only like a midnight DJ Joel. Joel tell us about this. We spoke to you yesterday. You've got a treat. This is an amazing bit of vinyl we've got there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is the pride in my fleet.
Speaker 12: It's the first pressing of the album double platinum mo Kiss, which is quite all right because they never had.
Speaker 10: A platinum album prior to this.
Speaker 12: YEP actually went double platinum, so they'd already signed zeal and delivered it and it went where it went, and it.
Speaker 10: Is on high rotation at home.
Speaker 12: I have a roughly forty year old glass fronted, glass topped stagger.
Speaker 3: Oh, one of those.
Speaker 10: I had the needle and the spinal rebuilts.
Speaker 12: Speakers are a little bit out of out of whack because the warring's all fried out, but otherwise it runs fine.
Speaker 3: And when you say it's forty year old, was it your parents?
Speaker 13: Was it?
Speaker 3: Mom and dads?
Speaker 12: It was Dad's first around Sandia, which I think he got from his cousin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember the record. My parents had one of those, right, And yeah, you had it. For some reason, it was kept behind a glass door as if it was a museum piece, and we were never ever allowed to go anywhere near it. So the first thing you do when mom and dad were out, you start getting out their songs, turning it up and they would know the need will be slightly damaged or stuff like that. But these music centers used to be huge, didn't they.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's four foot tall with wheels on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. It's two midget scientists actually live in it as well to bring the music with valves in the back.
Speaker 10: So mine's got cob webs and spiders growing.
Speaker 2: So Joel, what do you make of this new fandangle one that's upright?
Speaker 3: It's awkward to use. It's a beast.
Speaker 10: I'm not a fan.
Speaker 12: Look, it looks beautiful that we should have welded your unit in the works.
Speaker 10: Awesome. It's got this weird little rubber belt driving it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I'm concerned that's going to pop off and scratch my vinyl, but we'll seere we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah we we were told by boss yesterday. Get the people with that you bring in to put their own violin in case they sue the sue the station by wrecking your vinyl.
Speaker 10: My lawyers outside.
Speaker 3: All right, so what song are we going to hear whil we cued up?
Speaker 12: I'd like to start the day off with the Bang in Detroit Rock City, brilliant song, which is pretty.
Speaker 10: Much about a bang because the bloke does die yep, and party last.
Speaker 3: Let's do it, okay, so in your own time, take your time trying to make this work. Let's go with it. Listen to that, Oh, good lord, it's like diffusing a bomb.
Speaker 2: Good luck Joel the red Wire Joel.
Speaker 3: Godspeed, got three. OK, he's going to do it. He's got steady hand, he's eyeing it up.
Speaker 10: I haven't got your hands. I haven't had a coffee yet.
Speaker 3: Gently lowering the needle.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This is Kiss on Vinyl on God one oh four point three. The playing You request this ornament if you've got nicely done, nicey done, Joe, it's still very good, still very good. Jarles is coming and brought in this amazing slab of vinyl from Kiss. That was a Detroit rock city. Joel, did you enjoy hearing that? Sorry, you were looking nervously at our upright vertical player that was going to wreck it.
Speaker 12: I'm just looking for scratches, to be honest, it would be anyone, anyone's fault, but I'll have to blame yourself because I'm a little bit twitchy.
Speaker 3: So listen, thank you so much to coming in and bringing that. That sounded great on fine as well.
Speaker 12: Noah warms the heart to see you get run. I don't find as much as I should but yeah, it is my motive. I'd rather less than the vinyls and anything else.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest, it's still the most music format. Even you've got admit there is a warm, warmer sound to vinyl. I know, you millennials, it's easier, you know, just streaming music. But that's you know, if you've got the time. It does a ritual to getting it out of the actual album, out of the sleeve and then on the player, dropping the needle.
Speaker 2: My wife's texted me this morning said, I really really want a vinyl record player.
Speaker 3: You have to do that. Don't get an upright one. It's too much stress, especially you've had a couple of drinks. You're gonna wreck album. You should have a breathalyzer with it. We go, step away, Dad, step away, don't touch it. He's had a few wines. Joe, thank you very much for coming and okay, but having your weekend.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: One in twenty kids face a birth defect or genetic disease. You can help add jeans for Jeans dot org dot a U.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three rock set Fading like a flower. Come on, it's a Christian O'Connor Backlashawn Gold one I four point favorite jeans for jeans at seven twenty eight yesterday read about this on the show. Was so taken through this nightmare. Nothing new with me. We finally got our first car way kids. We've got a car, and the trouble was we were not arguing. I said my wife, look, you're gonna be it's gonna be your car. Really, you're gonna do in the school run with the kids in the morning. I'm not in the car. I don't really have an opinion on the color. And she said, well, we really like I really like this pearl white. And I said, oh really, this is like a pimp car or some of that. What about just there, you know, just an easy going metallic gray something like that, And I said, look it to be also, we sure car. I don't mind anyway. For once in our twenty eight miles she listened to me, and I'm stunned. She went for the grain. She doesn't look the grat We picked up the car two days ago and she begged me to ring the show room yesterday to say can we swap how much would that cost? Well, help me out here. Now.
Speaker 2: Calls on our show yesterday told you that as soon as you drive away from the dealership it's your car, it's a used car, it loses twenty percent of its value right there.
Speaker 3: And I found that out at ten thirty am yesterday when I called the showroom and I got the feeling there was silence. When I said to the guy, hey, listen, yeah, we love the car. That is a really nice Toyota Klug. That's great. Can we swap it and bring it back for the next color? There was a silence, and then a really said it's not I've been made to make this call. Please don't judge me. Here's where they're at with it to bring it back.
Speaker 2: So the truer that you also, you're not driving the car now, No, it's just packed in the touch.
Speaker 3: Haven't touched it since we've got it, because you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to put any more cases than the two or three.
Speaker 3: Now, consider that if they take it back, then they consider it like a demonstration model, even though it's only got, like you know, twenty two miles on the clock. So here's where we are that it's gone up, up up up chain to headquarters Toyota, Australia. They the corture Fromagio. They're the big Cheese are thinking about it, that's all I know thinking about They even sent me a tweet yesterday say hey, we're glad you like our cars and our plague gun do can we swap it for the pearl white? So today we'll find out what the big cheese is at Toyota Australia are going to do about this whole mess of a situation. I said to h you're not even aware of what the color is. What a couple of days time. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: But the board at Toyota is meeting this morning. They're going to throw an emergency meeting. They're probably gonna have like a vote what do we do about this this bommy. It's an unanimous vote, so it needs all parties to.
Speaker 3: Sign off on it and then we'll see what happens. Anyway, we've got the news and spot on the way after the Travelings album.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Why why is Joanne duran All requested every single Friday. On the Christian o Conor Breakfast Show, Gone one of four point three, Kimberny in Sunshine wanted to hear that. I don't know if it's my ears. You know that does not sound anything like what the song is love a Boy Working for the Weekend, which is a song we played at seven o'clock, and I said, this is your song. As soon as you hear this again, it's going to be played again. We always get loads of requests for it, so it will be played again before the end of the show. Soon as I've been played in full. That's when you call in to try and win the ten thousand dollars on a ten K no repeat work day. I don't think what we just played wild Boys by Jerandran sounds anything like Working for the Weekend on Another Boy.
Speaker 2: I know there was a whole lot of hail Mary calls there. Yeah, just hoping.
Speaker 3: And also, don't forget if you argue me winning please it's ten thousand dollars. I'm guessing you'll be a little bit excited. What we don't want is another dollard going really yeah really, because you know what you did. You called up the station to try and win it. So up your game, Melbourne. You're winning ten thousand dollars. Show up, so cheerful.
Speaker 2: I wish, and we can't buy the teas and seas of competition, but I wish if we got a dullard as you call them, sorry, nobody could move on and give the ten grand to the next person.
Speaker 3: Years ago, when I started on radio illegal now obviously and rightly so, we used to go through that. Used to just go through no dundu, scream on L nine, scream online nine, put them through. You won. I remember once a boss, My first time boss in radio was a madman from Tazzy and we had a dullard on once right. It was the first time I was in the office. He was screaming at me. He went get in there, call her back and turned to scream so we could redo, you know, the winner's promo. You're here like for the next year, you are a winner. I had to keep going to I'm sorry that the bosses. I've got to call you back, she said, I'm at what I can't start shouting. Please do this, I've only started Please can you just start screaming.
Speaker 2: She has to go hide in a toilet cubicle.
Speaker 3: All right, so it's time for the phrase that pays with Hamish mcgloughlin. He was on yes today we start a new thing with Hamish where wigham a phrase and he has to work it into his commentary or his TV work. Here's what's been going on so far, the.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: The phrase that pays.
Speaker 5: Each week, Christian gets Hamish McLaughlin to say a phrase on the Channel seven football coverage.
Speaker 2: But does it pay?
Speaker 3: Flying monkeys?
Speaker 2: God, come on, flying monkey sounds?
Speaker 3: Any chance? No chance?
Speaker 2: Do you think there are chats now?
Speaker 3: I don't think that. I'd sooners say flying monkeys and.
Speaker 5: He said flying monkeys, Yeah, flying monkeys phrase number two?
Speaker 3: Oh missus Niggins? What for Hamish? He called me actually yesterday after the show to ask for some tips about how to work in He ignored all of that. It's there were a lot of I got a loaded to each of you last night saying he's just done it, and there were a lot of a lot of you had the same thing to say about how it was done. You can hear how it went next and then we'll get into it with Hamish. It was kind of dumb, but you can be the judge in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: Stay with us The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Playing some gems this morning, all the music picked by you every Friday on our show. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on God one or four point three. I hope you're world this morning, zz top. What a great song that Jim in Fern Tree Gully. All right, let's let's get Hamish McLaughlin up. Good morning, Hamish, Christian Jack, O morning.
Speaker 2: How are you both? Yeah, it's very good. He's so excited Jack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that is as much as we get out of him on any given show.
Speaker 14: You know that, Hamish, were you sleeping when I said good morning?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: I wasn't asleep? No, No, I'm always excited to have you.
Speaker 3: Always like he's like a cat. He's like a cat on the couch and he's either cleaning himself, which actually Jenny was, or sight he was using a biro lid to clean under and down. I'm like, sorry, do we need to get someone in to do some cuticles right now? Are you okay? Hey? Listen, let's let's talk about last night. So we gave you the phrase you.
Speaker 2: On, you won, you won, you won, no one.
Speaker 14: It's like Australia no, No, You're too zip, but I get Australia v.
Speaker 3: Peru.
Speaker 2: It's very hard.
Speaker 14: This game, and particularly when you give me stuff that I've never heard of and don't really understand.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you say that, Hay, because technically you've got the win.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: You did say the phrase too zip, and I'll get it.
Speaker 14: The ooh missus Miggins, the ooh bit I think I neglected. I understand there's been feedback on that, and I'm happy just to go sort of quietly into the night.
Speaker 2: It's like playing Rafaron Clay. It's very hard to win.
Speaker 3: I played Rafaroon Clay that well know and go to phrase, Yeah, we were just talking about that. It's like playing Ralfaroon Clay. Let's rewind the tabe and go back to last night's game.
Speaker 15: Grimes, he's been terrific, grinds a bit of an unheralded hero, speaks so much about rants, but you'd like, well, missus Meiggans in Blackadder is an important part of it all.
Speaker 2: But so the phrase to get away.
Speaker 3: Was ooh Missmiggins, you know, and Bruce later on, what a legend he trying to help you out and clean up the stink you left in the studio floor. A little bit of do do that's genuinely interested, he said, Well at least he brought it to life. Oh there it is.
Speaker 13: There's a pot that I talked about.
Speaker 3: Missus Smith's.
Speaker 15: Just a very unassuming part of black out of it.
Speaker 2: There's always about the place was a baker.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, I feel bad. Actually it's because I was. I was on Twitch and I could see I go on Twitter, I know, but the people are going, what w CF They're talking about black Adder, you know, and then people, some of people were our listeners wire going oh no, it's a challenge set. And then some journalists goes, there's a time and place. There's a time and place where this kind of horse play.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I had to wait until the game was over. That was Johnny Ralphi you're speaking about. Actually texted Ralph I said, don't get too angry, Johnny. Sorry, didn't realize it was a game of apologies. Apologies, but you know, you do you do take a bit of heat if you play these games. But I just you know, it might have been easy to go with squeeze my nipples and call me nancys.
Speaker 2: All my wife's in labor.
Speaker 14: But it was a very good game, the great game itself. It was a fun game to play. It's a very hard game to win.
Speaker 3: What I did love as well as all the Tigers players who ran over as just kind of with whose ankle was basically hanging off at a right angle. My wife started to watch that. Yeah, I mean, is he going to be all right? He putty out for the rest of the season, I.
Speaker 14: Would think so, and he's had a really bad run with injuries. He's a guy that was high draft pick and he's i think twenty five now started in twenty eleven, so he should have played a lot more games than just his hundredths. But I think he had one disposal last night in his hundred when he sort of just looked in agony. And that's a sign of the team that the Tigers are. They all walked over together. I haven't seen it done before in sport, and just all to a man gave research.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, I'm still an outside of watching the sport. Right, this is how competitive you all are, right, you don't even realize it's just in your blood. It's in your DNA. Yeah, all the Tigers that go, hey, mate, we've got they don't want a word team. And then there was one loan player who comes over from the Swans and he was only coming over because I think he had a really nice and that's it. He goes over by himself and then suddenly one of the Tigers players just pushes him out.
Speaker 10: Of the way.
Speaker 3: He wasn't trying to get a tackling. The game was over. It was a sportsman jesture to get out of it. I just want to say good luck to him. It's incredible. The testosterone was just too high.
Speaker 2: It was a nice gesture.
Speaker 14: I saw that, and I think Bruce actually.
Speaker 3: Alluded to it.
Speaker 14: But Gary r is great allude to it. Yeah, he Gary knew exactly what Reeese was going through.
Speaker 2: So one v two tough night.
Speaker 3: For where good does this leave us? And the phrase that pays Let me just say this to you, you owe me?
Speaker 10: What was it?
Speaker 3: A phrase the works? No?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Said am I riding saying?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 14: You're going away for weeks like this English work ethic?
Speaker 2: Four weeks on a week off?
Speaker 3: Is that right, I'm I am off next week. That's right with my children.
Speaker 14: Let's just park park the phrase at base for a week. Let me the whole of last night all I was.
Speaker 3: In particulous. We need to get Bruce on because Bruce smashed it.
Speaker 2: Well, Bruce is the legend.
Speaker 3: Do we agree that when I when I'm back off the next week, we pick things up with a brand new phrase. I know you can do this. There's a win in you.
Speaker 14: I'm happy to keep playing, but you know, like if you could just give me something easy, Like when a horse needs to have a win, they take it into the country and let it whin. It's made and they don't go straight to Flemington and ask it.
Speaker 3: We're winning cup. We're going all through the horses, all through the different sports. Today were the references rafarol Clay the horses in the country.
Speaker 2: No, haym, you actually had a lot of commendable points last night. You did it during the actual commentary, You did it early on. You didn't wait till eleven forty five, a big game to get it, get the phrase away. So are you getting closer? You almost you almost make Christian happy.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I.
Speaker 14: Haven't met Sarah, but I assume that's a difficult thing to do.
Speaker 3: There's a phrase of pace on the line. Now my blius and Nickers has been jumping up and down. It's a friend of the show. I hope he's still a friend of the show from the Dogs. He must maybe he heard you chat. I think we've got Sean Higgins on the line.
Speaker 2: Once was a dog, now as a kangaroo.
Speaker 3: Sean Higgins, Sean Christian, what's happening mate? Wow, that's great for you to still be a friend of the show despite me picking the d's.
Speaker 9: Wow. It's interesting that you say that because I tried to get into the studio today. I was excited to chat it out the result on the weekend, and the security go grabbed me and said, he go, mate, I had to tell you there, Christian's gone with the das I did.
Speaker 3: There's a photo of you up behind reception. He go and there restraining order. Okay, I said he couldn't.
Speaker 9: He couldn't. I came into the studios. He said, get the win against the Dogs on the weekend. I chatted to the boys at halftime and said, boys, there's no be a half will play. There's a membership on the back of this for Christian o'condle, we dragged him across the line. Will pump post game, and then I'll wake up to the news that you've gone with the dome.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, come on, now, come on now, don't be that jilted X. It's I'm still following you on Twitter. Surely that's as good as yeah, we're actually best friends.
Speaker 9: Wow, man, I'll look forward to the next day's a kangas games.
Speaker 3: Like Sean, thanks you givings and make good luck this weekend. Thanks so cool and have a top weekend.
Speaker 9: Good on you boys.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey mish, we've picked things up in a week's time. Well done.
Speaker 14: I love the fact that Sean Niggins is heckling from his lound room. Did you not call him back and say he'd gone with the days? Did you not ring all of those that were sort of doing the job interview?
Speaker 3: I have to be honest. I just presume you would do that on my behalf. Don't call me, I'll call you. Yeah, what what what winding amount is that somewhere in the world Sticks is still in that toilet waiting for the return call. You know, I'm a marxx.
Speaker 1: Man, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Gold one oh four point three, Dragon and Rain on God one A four point three Good morning, it's eleven minutes past eight.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connor reckforst Show with Jeans for Jeans. So I know you think we're we've got some planned here. What you think we've got planned? We haven't got planned normally on a Friday. This is the point where Jack sings the week. Jack, our resident musical genius, he genuinely is. We're looking to have him on the show, sings an amazing song to sum up what's been going on the show, show by show this week, you sadly, you just you just couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: The singing monkey does not sing this week.
Speaker 3: It's not a singing monkey. It's a beautiful, beautiful parakeet canary with a beautiful bird song. However, you left the message for me last night. I could tell that this was hurting you. You felt like early on our relationship you were letting me down, letting the show down, and I you know, I felt really bad. I left you mentioned saying, hey, listen, don't worry about it. You work really hard for the show. So I've got don't want I've got this covered here, I've got your back.
Speaker 2: You did the song because I was feeling bad. Honestly, it's weird doing writing a song because I went down to sit down to write it and it just didn't.
Speaker 3: Come to me. Oh, it's fine. So what I've done. You know those two voicemail messages you left, I've added some of my own lyrics to them and we've made this.
Speaker 16: Amen. Amen, Amen, Sorry to let you down. I think I'm going to throw this weekend review song in.
Speaker 17: The bin in the bin, in the bin, in the bin, in the bin, the bin, in the bin, bin bin is not really there at the moment.
Speaker 2: Slugging away at it for the last two or three hours.
Speaker 17: I just can't get a grip on it.
Speaker 3: Sorry about.
Speaker 17: The flute, got the flute, go the flute, Go the flu glue? I think sadly not have it ready for tomorrow. About just a little burnout from doing the podcast after the show to day.
Speaker 3: My name's Jack. I've been all busy wizzy with Hamish Andy.
Speaker 17: Please don't think it's through lack of trying as well, so we the muse. She did not visit me tonight in being being being being.
Speaker 2: I had no idea how sad.
Speaker 3: I said, I can't say the credit but that they weren't my focus. But honestly, Nato works on the show, made that. Honestly, she had to do that. In the last two hours. You know, I kept legging out the studio saying I need to go and check on something, but legging it into her little studio where and they're going, how's it sounding, how's it sounding? She's made that in the last two hours. You only left those about half nine called to turn yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Well.
Speaker 3: Theys sounds so sad on the message you're half dead and podcast it's a podcast burnt out. The news bank has got the flus. We should have done a country and Western song with it. That was Jack Wines the week on Gold one of four boy three Good Morning. It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast shows.
Speaker 1: Back to your songs, Robbie Williams, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Seventeen minutes Last Day, Robbie Williams Rock DJA every Friday on the show that we play all the songs come from you. You're picking the music Melinda in Gainsborough. And now something we're also doing today. So I've got this new vinyl turntable. We demoed it yesterday on the show Vinyl Player. We plugged it into the studio and it sounded great. We played Violent Fems, Blister and the Sun on vinyl, and we've been inviting you to swing by the radio station today. Pop up and see us, and we're stick on some of your vinyl after these hours. We've got another vinyl song. This one's pick by Nicole in Frankston. Now listen, tell me something by the way, people have warned me about certain areas, and hey, no offense here, I'm learning. So if there's Anyonehos seeing Frankston right now going hey, hey, buddy, Palmy, what's what you're saying? I don't know. All I'm saying is not my words. Other people said Frankston.
Speaker 2: I think it's perhaps with you agree need stereotypes of.
Speaker 3: Do we need security in here? Do I need to search her for a weapon or a knuckle duster or no.
Speaker 8: Jerby resident I cop it as well.
Speaker 2: So I think I think the stereotypes of franks and are a little outdated.
Speaker 3: I think it's now. I just want to check that we didn't need you know, I think we're okay. All right, cool, cool, okay, search she's coming in. It's all good.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Now is all back, all request, all show, all vinyl.
Speaker 3: Well some of them I know other idio station and would let you just pop into their studios and blaze some of your vinyl. But that's all we're doing this morning, and this hour we have Nicole Goome on in. Nicole, good morning. Now listen, Nicole. I hope you upset. I was just merely asking about Frankston.
Speaker 8: That's true, though you live there, Yeah, so I should know.
Speaker 2: Don't say you live there like you're living in Wanton Bag.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying, you know, I'm sure you want to, you know, put forward. It's a good word for Frankston. Why I should go there and hang out.
Speaker 18: It's not that funny interesting, nothing is very entertaining. I had a pharmacy there when I was in my early talk.
Speaker 3: Okay, to see where we're going there A little bit with the Col's around there. You know it's coming off the bay there, So I understand, all right, So tell us about the vinyl you've got. So you have a big vinyl collection, you still keep the faith? What have you got?
Speaker 18: I have got probably runs across decades, but I've got the Gary Moore here in Lizzie.
Speaker 8: Of course, I've got Banana Rama. I have to admit.
Speaker 3: A single I ever got was Banana Armor. Had a massive crush and all three of the.
Speaker 8: Ladies I could, but that would take us to a whole other show.
Speaker 3: When is that show? We're doing it? So why Gary? More than why have you brought this one in? Some of you might not know. Gary Moore an amazing guitarist, one of the greatest guitarists ever, and I guess most well known for us what we're filling it in thin Lizzie. So tell us about this track that we're going to hear and you're going to play in a minute.
Speaker 18: Okay, this is Still Got the Blues off the Still Got the Blues album. There's It was released around a time when I was deciding I probably needed to be an adult, so I was studying.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to that time.
Speaker 8: But you got to learn. So I was just about to get married that didn't. This is another story as well.
Speaker 3: It's another show. There's three other spin off shows link into podcasts.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, just starting to kind of be normal and settle down. And this is probably representative of why I probably shouldn't have I think.
Speaker 3: It's just funny those songs alike, that they take us to a time and place in their lives, aren't they. Yeah, they're not the little soundtrack to our lives. So now you need to cure the sus to this to do this?
Speaker 8: Okay, differences a cancer.
Speaker 3: I should just say it's a really awkward turned to able to use. It's very cool looking one, but it is upright. It is vertical. See Nicole is facing the finals. Hard to find the groove with anyone? That sort of thing you want to say to a lady who just met from Frankston.
Speaker 8: Maybe you should, I reckon, he's going to.
Speaker 2: Drop at Nicole, pull the trigger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go for Nicole. It's Friday. Let's start the weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It's a bit like radio Roulette, no idea. When Gary's going to finish. He's letting this it's hardest thing. Sounds amazing though. They didn't mind a long tail.
Speaker 2: On a song.
Speaker 3: Good little bit listen, I mean, yous appreciate. I know you've probably not heard of someone fault. What an amazing guitar play.
Speaker 2: It just reminds me of like Jay, some kind of stage show where they keep playing while the audience walks out of the fielding.
Speaker 3: How dare you no respect to skim a little dig? Gary Moore on Gold one oh four point three bought in and played on vinyl today by Nicole from Frankston. Nicole. That sounded brilliant. Thank you, absolutely great. A lot of people texting saying, great Picnicole. They really really enjoyed that. We'll definitely do this again. We enjoyed just hearing these different songs. He surprised the stuff they maybe wouldn't normally hear on breakfast radio. So when we do do again, please come back with somebody else on your record collection. Jackson is looking at one who are in Young Young Einstein.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, so you've bought this in from your home collection. I didn't know, like I know, the Yahoo serious movies for people who have seen him? Is Young Einstein, the one where he wrote from the Mainland to Tasmania in his own boats.
Speaker 3: I think it is. I think have seen the mentors anything Paul ice House and.
Speaker 2: Then he Young Einstein is did he have his own band? Because he's on he's on the track listing here.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Now he sent a song in the movie.
Speaker 14: Remember I don't remember, Oh you didn't say, of course he didn't vaguely remember because it's Morenda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's quite It's going years, isn't.
Speaker 8: That section of life where I can't really remember? He's sung the theme that you know, the main track.
Speaker 3: He's got a similar haircut to me. Yes, actually yes, thank you very much for coming in, Nicole. It's lovely to hear that song. Lovely meet you as well. Have a nice weekend.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four points three.
Speaker 3: I'll never Tara hearing this song playing in morning, So I want to hear this this morning all request on Gold one A four point three on the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Heroes. This is coming up for eight forty two. It's time out for this week's game of Has Jack Got News for You? All Right? We do this every Friday on the show Jack's got to cover new stories. I go up against one of you. They're either from Australia or England. How well do you know Australia? How well do I know England? Am I starting to get to know this guncry better? We find out this is quite a cool prize. Actually this place heard about what we were doing yesterday. Discrepancy Records, which is Sir Melburn's biggest vinyl store, new store at Mount Albert North. We've got some one hundred and fifty dollars vouchers to be one. I think I'll be going down there now. I've got my new little vinyl turntable player, which were using this morning. So cooler. Then if you fancy we are winning some vouchers, go and spend on vinyl. As we're finding out again this want to be reminded of the greatest format in the world. Give us a call to go up against me and has Shack Got News for You? Nine four one four three nine four one four one o four three. We're played next The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Minix rob on fire God one A four point three. It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show or request every single Friday, Alex in the city. We have to thank for that one. She is amazing, I say, talking ahead on The Defiant Ones one of the greatest greatest musical documentaries ever. You can find it on Netflix. It is fantastic. She's amazing on there. I forgot to mention this. Obviously, England through to the quarter finals. Congratulations, thank you. I rang my mum yesterday and she was like, I'm gonna be watching the game. It's Thursday evening eight o'clock. I said, yeah, because of the time difference, it's going to be like four o'clock in the morning, I'll be watching it before the radio show. Mom My mom seems to think hasn't quite understood about time difference between us, that she's in actually a parallel world. She was going, oh, so you're gonna be watching it. I went, yeah, I'll be watching it live. And well, I won't text you to score to ruin the game went no, no, no, We're both gonna be watching the same event happening with just different time zones. But I will see it before you No, because yeah, okay, enjoy the game, mum, don't ruin it for me. Yeah, it's easier just to just to go with that sometimes with them.
Speaker 2: Has Jack got news?
Speaker 3: Are you four news stories you go up against me? Are they from Australia or are they from England? Taking me on? This morning we have Christine? Good morning, Christine, good morning? How are you Christine? You're having a good week.
Speaker 13: It's been pretty good leading up to the school holiday, so stressing out about.
Speaker 3: That same I'm supposed to be going away tonight to Barley, and then Patsy's news is saying that there's a volcano no flighting.
Speaker 6: You might not be going anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, it might be back Monday, I think. Sorry guys, all right then, so Jack is in charge?
Speaker 2: All right, who's our first? Christine or Christian?
Speaker 3: Christine can go first?
Speaker 2: Christine? You're going to tell me if this news story is from the UK or from Australia. Okay, the headline is fatburg boosts museum numbers. Now, do you guys know what a fatburg is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't know. Fatburgs are an accumulation of materials flashed into the sewers that form huge solid, solid blocks.
Speaker 3: Suck an iceberg or fat just junk with.
Speaker 2: This fat burg took nine weeks to break up with drills, and now it's it's in a prominent museum and it will be preserved.
Speaker 3: Something like that. The toilet here and it was like armaged and they had to get a drilling team of miners in to break up what he left in that pan.
Speaker 2: So which is in a British museum or an Australian museum that has this congealed lump of fat in a prime position in a museum.
Speaker 13: Oh well, maybe Christian leftter in the UK.
Speaker 3: Well play, Christine. We do love a museum. So yeah, anything, even a fat burg.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 8: You've never heard of it before.
Speaker 2: I'd never heard of a fat berg too. I guess BRIT's are more excited about big lumps of fat than we are in Australia.
Speaker 3: Maybe no boat Jack is here speaking in short bursts to preserve energy and oxygen. I've been learning English, so it's a story.
Speaker 2: For me, Christian. This story is for you, Jack, Christine, you are one up. The headline is feces thrown over war memorial. Now I do not endorse this at all. A man who appeared to be carrying it to say that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think anyone would doubted that we would endorse such very That's awful. There's a scumbags I did that. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to say, I'm looking at your Australia and I'm looking up at Queensland.
Speaker 2: It's Western Australia. But you still get the fire excellently. That is Australia.
Speaker 3: Just behavior like that.
Speaker 2: When confronted, the man admitted dumping the ex excrement on the memorial. That's my pooh, he told the witness. That is disgusting, disgusting.
Speaker 3: Well, the game is.
Speaker 2: One all which takes us to tie break around in round two. Christine, your first is this headline from the UK or from Australia. A village with slow broadband in stalled its own fiber network and now has the fastest in the country.
Speaker 3: Oh this is easy, Come on, this is a gimme that has to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately, what No, it's in the UK that is the fastest now the fastest broadband in Wales.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that doesn't say much if you've ever been to Wales. Yeah, that means it's now only five weeks to download et and stream it.
Speaker 2: Christian, you're in the prime position. You can take the win here with our fourth and final storyline.
Speaker 3: Fifty dollars to spend the discrepancy records. Yep.
Speaker 2: If you don't get this then I think Christine should still get the price. The headline is fifty meters long penis drawn into dry lake bed. A penis etched on a dry lake bed has been snapped by the Google satellites in space.
Speaker 3: One thing I will say about England and US pomies is we can turn drawing a penis into an art form. I think that's England, so can they? Where's that?
Speaker 2: It's Victoria?
Speaker 3: So if the should put it on your number plates if the Jets are home the giant Jorn penis.
Speaker 2: If you can't get to Bali this week, drive out to gifts Lam and see the fifty long penis.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah great, I'll tell about you an eleven year old and thirteen year old girl. Thank you Uncle Jack. All right then, yes, Christine, you won the voucher's okay, well done, Thank you have a top weekend. Thanks for playing.
Speaker 11: Thanks good Tom and Balie.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I don't think I'm gonna be going there.
Speaker 1: We grounded the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, are your brilly requests making These are best songs on the radio every Friday because we're all picked by you. Pseudo Echo Funky Town for Sarah in Werribee. I wanted to get your phone out now to take part in this. We did it, tried it last week and it went well. Take your phone out, have a look at the last text message that you sent and let me know what it says. Imagine that now is your tombstone. Mine's kind of quite a sad one. I'm sure it'll be safe to fly. My wife is a nervous fly, so my two daughters because mum's a nervous fly. And obviously the news that perhaps you've been saying about the flights for safety reasons grounded to Barley. We're specially flying Jet Star tonight five thirty and at the moment my wife is really well.
Speaker 2: The language that Pat's actually used in your news earlier on was Mount a Goong is up to its old tricks?
Speaker 3: Is that how you phrase a volcano here? We'd be terrified. We don't have to have volcanoes, and if we do, we'd stay under our bets. So yeah, that's mine. Then I'm sure it'd be safe to fly. That's my tombstone. The last text message I sent, what's yours Jack?
Speaker 2: Listen to my buddy Sam. Whoops, forgot to set my line up for Thursday night footy. That's in reference to fantasy football. I'm playing my friend Sam this week, and I forgot about the Thursday night game, usually a Friday night start, and I got caught.
Speaker 3: On the hop. Do you know I was thinking about this last time with all that was going on yesterday in the in the big game, the Thursday night game and the Sonsequin Tigers, and so sometimes I guess you must draft players, move them around, and then suddenly they have that amazing game which it didn't know they were going to have for the rest of the season, and it happened to you this season so far.
Speaker 2: Of course, I feel like anytime I move a flare under the bench the best way.
Speaker 3: It's the rule, they always go and have a great week. Okay, so send us your then it's your text. Tombstone oh four seven five O three one oh four three text me now oh four seven five three one oh four three Mash WoT twenty unwell on Gold? One oh four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Mash, what's twenty unwell for Martin in Doncaster? Good on? It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on Gold one of four point three. I'm doing the show. And also my wife used to think that I work in a flight center. Here just texting it right now, chack, I could even keep up to date. What's this? This is a set me screenshot? What's that?
Speaker 15: Ye?
Speaker 2: I guess she's scrambling. If you can't get to Bali, where are you going to go on holiday night?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Pats, I, I'm not the It wasn't me.
Speaker 3: I didn't jink, So just a messenger, I know. And what's the last text you sent on your phone yesterday?
Speaker 2: With an attitude to match?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a great one for your tombstone, with an attitude to match.
Speaker 6: It was Audrey's birthday yesterday, so I sent a photo to her godmother and she said, oh my god, look how big she's got.
Speaker 8: And I wrote back with an attitude to match.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's lovely. So you and your daughter a couple of days apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was nearly born on my birthday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all right, some of the ones that are coming in then. So it's the last text on the phone, the last one you sent. Send it to us. You've got to imagine that now as permanently. That's what people going to see when they come and visit your gray side. No, it's rabbit poop. I love this one. It'll be beautiful views from the top when it isn't foggy or raining, almost like the rop above us in heaven. There's something poetic about that. No, no, no, I love this one from Laura. This is the last text she sent. This is her tombstone. It's sad that people's lasting impressions for me are working long hours and drinking beer in the shower.
Speaker 2: That's perfect for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Laura, we drinking beer in the shower. Do people do that?
Speaker 9: I love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I never thought that. That is a game change. I'm going to try that. I mean, that might be what I'll be doing for an entire week off.
Speaker 1: Because I'm not going to go into our barley for Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one.
Speaker 3: Oh four point three. All right, So this next song is an eleven and a half minute epic. I mean, there's no other radio show that would do this, but it's picked by you, Tizzy.
Speaker 13: Yes that's correct, Yes, Evie Pads one, two and three. It's a classic goggly song by Stevie Wright. And I'm so glad that my request is being played. Yeah, it's because it's such a long song and it doesn't want to get much earplace. So I definitely love the lyrics, love the story behind and looking forward to hearing it.
Speaker 3: Well, here it is now for you. Tis the great news is it's a great song. Also gives a chance to Jack and I go to the toilet, stick and a coffee, have a toastly So it's a win win for all of us. So thank you, Tiers. Okay, enjoy your song here it is all right, have a top weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We are actually here. We haven't just knocked off early because it's Friday. Stevie, right, Evy one two and three. When we said we were going to play your songs and not do what other radio stations do, which is bully you into asking for jue lipa, which people just said ninety two minutes ago. We didn't mean it that sounded great, that.
Speaker 2: It's amazing to write a three part song. I couldn't even do it one part of today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know Stevie right, didn't have all that going on, you know, wife with the cold. He wasn't making internet radio shows and stuff like that the day before. He didn't have what you've got going on. It's the sadest story that's even been told.
Speaker 2: This wake off all as well.
Speaker 3: I need it. Donut unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I'm just joking you guys.
Speaker 3: He's not nice.
Speaker 9: Hey, this is out.
Speaker 3: You're still listening out for another very special song between now and ten o'clock. It is working for the weekend. Love a Boy. That is the song we've already played this morning at seven o'clock. As soon as you hear it in the next twenty odd minutes, when you hear it in four pats one two and through to eleven, you give us a call on nine four one four one oh four three. You could be winning ten one thousand dollars. We aw a huge thanks to Hamish mcglochlin from Channel seven. He was back on this morning. I've been giving him a ridiculous phrase that he has to go and work into his game commentary. Here's what he's had so far. What happened live yesterday evening.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show. The phrase that pays each week The Christian gets Hamish McLaughlin to say a phrase on the Channel seven football coverage, but does it pay?
Speaker 3: Flying monkeys come on smiling the Sun's any chance?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: No chance?
Speaker 2: Do you think there are a chance now? I don't think there.
Speaker 3: You'd sooner say flying monkeys and.
Speaker 2: You say flying monkeys? Get what flying monkeys?
Speaker 3: Phrase number two? Missus Meggans what brand the nuns?
Speaker 15: Heralded hero speak so much about ranch but he's like, well, Missus Meighan's and blackadderies an important part of it all.
Speaker 3: But Missus Miggs, Bruce saved them there at the end. Bruce saved them there at the end. So we need a new phrase. I'm going to use my week off. What's going to be going to Bardy That's not happening now. I think I'll just be cleaning the house and think of a brand new phrase for Hamish.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three number boy working for the weekend. That is the song that pays ten thousand dollars. Come morning is Christian O'Connor bread for the show on Gold one I four point three lines are now open. Good luck nine four one four one oh four three. So you've been waiting for that song. You've been listening to the breakfast show. It's ten thousand dollars. Are you going to be the one who's coming on air and just simply going, ah, thanks, No, You're not going to be a dullard. You're gonna scream, you gonna make a little noise because it's ten thousand dollars. It's a lot of money. You win ten thousand dollars right now. You weren't expecting it Friday morning. What would you do?
Speaker 13: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: You I will go one oh four point three keep it luck, Okay, that's what we want to hear. Anything less than that isn't good enough. Have we got somebody all right?
Speaker 2: Good luck? No dullards, please, no dullards, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning your live. I'm gone one four point three. Is this Carolyn? Yes, it is. You are a winner.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's just amazing. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: This is good. This is good. Now listen, you've just won, I know. Could you do me favor? You've just won ten thousand dollars. You're life on the radio right now, and obviously you must be just stunned. I am. Actually I wouldn't even think I would get through. No, no, no, you've been selected. It's fate. And what are you at work? Tell us where you are right now? I am at work here. Okay, can you do me favor? Because this thing is called the Winner's Promo. This will be played out on air for the next week. So I'm going to tell you again that you've just won, and then you just go berzerk, just start screaming. All right, okay, you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, listen, you've.
Speaker 3: Just won ten thousand dollars. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Honestly, yeah, I don't know if you're married, you've got a boyfriend, but I'm telling you I would know you're faking it if that's a noise. Okay, So come on, let's go again. Take number three. Let's try again. I know there's a better one in you. This is the one, so imaginely, well, you'll have to mention that you have just won ten thousand dollars. Hey, you just won ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Was that exactly the same as the first one?
Speaker 3: Now, this one I just wanted to do. Maybe there were who isn't working because no one says that in real life? Made us go, I don't know what to say. That such a trouble life. Okay, let's try that.
Speaker 5: Okay, all the emotions, just everything's looking at me.
Speaker 3: Now to start screamings the whole office? Come on, what kind of office is it? What do you do? Bring them around the phone?
Speaker 2: Okay, everyone's around me now, all.
Speaker 3: Right, great, get them to start screaming as well. Okay, they're listening.
Speaker 2: Okay, everyone has to start screaming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no yet, no, no on once she used like a Mexican scream. Once you scream, tell them to start screaming. Okay, okay, this is the one. We're ready, team, this is the one. This is the primo. Let's cut it. Hey, you just want ten thousand dollars. It's calling. It's getting worse. Okay, you just go maybe a kind of Oh my god, I can't believe it's gold. Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: That one would be great as loud.
Speaker 2: As you possibly can, Carolyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I now need to get back into my character as well as as the DJA. Give it out with good news. Just give it a second. Yep, you just one say thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we'll be here all night if you have.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the best we're going to do. Hey, listen, one more, come on, one more. We know that this is the one in you listen to it. Okay, you ready? Yees go?
Speaker 2: Are you going to say it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sorry, I've got my bed. Then what I was saying, go, whoever's going to make the winners promo take my bed out of go? You just one say thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it'll do.
Speaker 3: I'm not very good at No, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. Hey, listen, you won the money. Okay, what are you going to do with the cash.
Speaker 2: I really don't know.
Speaker 13: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I I don't think I would.
Speaker 3: Get through so ten thousand dollars. I mean, there must be stuff that drops into your mind, you know, do you want to go on a holiday. You're going to go away, or carry some sun at the moment where we're in winter, or pay off some bills.
Speaker 2: Yeah well look I m I might do something boring and just pay off some bills.
Speaker 3: To be hoest. All right, we listen, Well done, all right, thank you so much pleasure. Okay, you have a great weekend. Can I just get one more? You've just won ten thousand, big old dollars.
Speaker 2: I've just won ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Forget it.
Speaker 1: Sum the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three