Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Combomb Merry people. They've been having conversations and telling stories on this land for thousands of years, and we show our gratitude and respect for their contribution to our environment and culture. This is Rise and Conquer, the podcast where we strive to become the highest version of ourselves through curious conversations, healthy mindsets, laughter, connection, and a deep desire to evolve. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. Join me as we explore parenthood, business, manifestation, and so much more.
Speaker 2: It's positive, it's practical.
Speaker 1: And it's about putting you in the driver's seat of your own life.
Speaker 3: Are you ready.
Speaker 1: Just before we start the episode, if you have ever felt like manifestation makes sense in theory but not in your everyday life, If it has felt hard to stay consistent in your manifesting routines, then we have the thing for you. So introducing our brand new product, the Manifestation Lab. And honestly, I am so excited about this. The Lab is your personal manifestation system. It's for the dreamers who are ready to become doers.
Speaker 3: It's for the ones who are.
Speaker 1: Done with guessing and are ready to ground their desires into reality with clarity, with structure and align action. So basically it is a notion template and inside you'll get clarity tools to really define what you want. That is the first step of manifestation and it is so important. You'll also get rituals and mindset practices to clear any resistance and to shift your energy, which is also one of the most important parts. You'll also get my full limiting beliefs and manifestation formula so you can clear what is holding you back. There is a tracker to stay consistent and accountable, and of course there is a manifestation library where we have given you every book, every podcast, every YouTube, So if you want to raise your frequency, if you want to learn about something, we have given you a whole library of where to go, and that is all my favorite resources.
Speaker 3: So it's not just a pretty template.
Speaker 1: This is going to be your daily manifestation podal a space where your desires meet momentum. So if you have goals, if you have desires, if you're calling an abundance or love or success or all of the above, the Manifestation Lab is your home base and it's designed to grow with you, so like as you grow, it grows, it supports your evolution. And it is only thirty three dollars and thirty three cents, So.
Speaker 3: This is something that is only thirty three dollars.
Speaker 1: And you're going to use it daily. So if you are listening back to this episode, it would already live on our website.
Speaker 3: We are so excited. Head to the show notes to check it out.
Speaker 1: But let's get into the episode. Today on the podcast, we're joined by a total force in the finance world, Victoria Divine. She's not only a former financial advisor to an entrepreneur, but the founder of She's on the Money, Australia's number one finance podcast that consistently dominates the charts with millions of downloads and a thriving community behind her. Victoria has made it her mission to help people take back control of their finances and build wealth on their own terms. She's also a best selling author and the co founder of Zella Money, a fast growing financial advice, accounting and finance breaking business that is helping everyday people create extraordinary financial futures. In this episode, Victoria breaks down exactly how to step into your financial power. We're talking investment one oh one, building systems that work for you, and how to balance the energetics and structures behind lasting financial success. Her ability to make money.
Speaker 2: Feel clear, approachable, and.
Speaker 3: Even fun honestly is next level.
Speaker 1: And also, guys, we talk a lot about how manifesting and the energetics of money is involved in this. Sometimes you can think someone like Victoria is maybe someone who doesn't have anything to do with that world, but she actually does and she really helps put it in a structure and a system. And so I think you guys are going to absolutely love this episode. So whether you're just starting out or ready to take your money game to the next level, this conversation is going to leave you feeling empowered, educated, and excited about your financial future. Victoria, Welcome back to the Rise and Conquered Podcast.
Speaker 4: I am so excited about this, Like we were looking it up off it and I was like, when was that and twenty twenty one twenty It's been a hot minute.
Speaker 3: It's been a good couple of years.
Speaker 1: And also we were just having a laugh because I was pregnant with Ivy.
Speaker 4: Girl and now you're pregnant again.
Speaker 2: And again and we only interview when I'm Yeah.
Speaker 4: We only do podcasts when Georgie is pregnant. So you're going to continue to have to have babies so we can continue this relationshiation. Yeah, otherwise, I so sorry.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for coming back on the show.
Speaker 1: And it has been incredible to watch your journey over these last four years, watch you grow your platform, grow your businesses.
Speaker 3: For those who don't know who.
Speaker 1: You are, could you just give us a little bit of an elevator pit.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Victoria. It is so lovely to meet you, if we haven't met before. I am an ex financial advisor. I retired in twenty twenty two and decided to go all in on content creation. So I have the Sheese on the Money podcast and we talk literally all things money. And I also own a mortgage broking business called Zella Money, and so that was kind of like my baby that I nurtured. When I retired in twenty twenty two, I was like, all right, well, I can't step out completely of the finance industry. And now, yeah, every single day I get people into their first homes, their second homes, maybe their fifth homes, and it's so exciting. But I guess that's me.
Speaker 1: You really do do it all, and you also have a gorgeous baby boy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, my personal life yea, do not forget it's my work life. But then you on the flip side, I have a gorgeous husband called Steve. I have a son who is now or thirteen months old, which is crazy, and yeah, I've got a beautiful dog and yeah, life is good.
Speaker 1: I always do that where I just introduce myself my occasional sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm at work, right so they yeah, you don't. I don't know. It's like a job interview. You wouldn't go in and be like, so, yeah my husband in a job interview. I like kind of separate the two and the I'm like, hold on now, this is a personal chat.
Speaker 1: No, thank you so much for that. And yes, your baby boy is so so sweet. And I love the fact that you do it all. And the season that we're currently in on the Rise and Concer podcast is how to have it all, do it all, be whoever you want. And I feel like you very much embody that I want to go straight in because, as you know, I talk a lot about the energetics and the mindset around money and I have always been obsessed with your work because you are all about the strategy, You have the structures. I obviously believe that you need both, and I know when I first kind of saw your work and then interviewed you, I was like, oh, wow, no, if she does the mindset and energetics like you.
Speaker 4: Really do, I'm also a little bit Delulu.
Speaker 1: You are absolutely Delu, and I think a lot of people would be surprised by that because you've got the financial business.
Speaker 4: Like on think, I'm just strategy gal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On paper or the first glance, you do look like just very that masculine energy, corporate girl, strategy girl.
Speaker 2: And then when I got to know you on a deeper level, I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: No, she's just a girl.
Speaker 3: She gets it's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And so I would love to go straight into that because, like I said, my opinion is you really need both. I'd love to know your opinion on that.
Speaker 4: It's so funny, right because you obviously do a lot about manifesting and I'm obsessed with it, but I'm such a like I'm I mean this like juxtaposition position right where I love the idea of manifesting, but when you really break it down. That's a beautiful mindset, but it's not going to work without strategy. So like the mindset and the energetics, they are the thing that's going to carry you on that journey. But if you don't have the strategy, you don't have a roadmap, you don't have a plan in place, and all of that energy may be wasted. And so we need to create a strategy so that you know, if you're manifesting, let's say you're dream home, you could have a million Pinterest boards and girl, I am the biggest Pinterest you. So like if we looked at my app usage, I swear I just scroll on there all day being like, oh IP in this and I love it. But if you really want to create a vision board and bring it to life, we need to create a roadmap that helps us get there. And it's this concept of if you're looking for something, you're more likely to discover it. And I guess that's where manifestation fits in for me. You said before, you know it's really unexpected that you're into I guess the more delulu side of things. But if we take a step back, I actually have two psych degrees, so I studied psychology as my first degree and my second degree, and then realized I didn't really want to be a counselor. I didn't want to work in you know, psychology in that way. I kind of much preferred the self development side of things, which had me fall into a space called organizational psychology. And I think the reason I loved that was because I went straight into an area called culture and engagement. And I also did a lot on leadership development, so working with essentially the C suite to take them to the next level. And then I realized, you know, this is only in hindsight, because you can't realize things sometimes in the moment. Just wasn't gelling with me. I much preferred doing that with women, and so money made sense, right, like money is the key to the kingdom, Like money gives you security and freedom and choice, But we also need to have the right mindset, because we could give you heaps and heaps of money, Georgie. But then if you don't have the right mindset, you might not do a single thing with it, and you won't create the dream life you deserve.
Speaker 1: You won't leverage it, no exchange it, you won't invest, you'll be too scared.
Speaker 4: Exactly, you just leave it as this tool that you know if you don't. And I talk a lot about money stories and really understanding, like, hey, Georgie, why do you feel a particular way about this? And you'll go, oh, I don't really know. But then if we dive a little bit deeper, you go, oh, my goodnurse. All of my experiences have meant that.
Speaker 1: My parents said this exactly, this happened to me at this moment, I felt stupid with money. So I feel like, I, you know, don't'm.
Speaker 4: So silly with it, and so I can't be try And you're like, hold on, where's this narrative coming from? And why can't we rewrite that? Yes, so I think it's a lot about that. And people look at money as just a tool, and for the longest time it has been a white man's game. It's like, Georgie, we're just girls. We don't understand. But at the end of the day, who runs the world, Like most of the money decisions in a household are made by women, but we don't have the power to control that.
Speaker 3: We're taking that back absolutely.
Speaker 1: And also we don't have the tools, we don't have the background, the information, and that's why I love that you're saying all this, because I'm like, yes, And it's so interesting because one of the one of my work girls, I was like, I'm gonna go see Victoria. She's on the money, and she's like, oh, this is so exciting because you guys are like so opposite and I'm like, no, actually not, yeah, we actually if you actually listen to her content and you know deeper, like we're very similar. Obviously, I'm never going to give financial advice because I'm not, but.
Speaker 4: You don't do to talk about mindset and like, yes, Georgie, I could sit down and give you, Like let's just say we've got somebody. Let's call her Sarah, and we sit her down and we go, all right, Sarah, we want to change your life. Like, and I think that you and I together, we could we could do some stuff with Sarah, some really good stuff. But like, let's just start with the strategy side of things. I'm gonna sit down, I'm gonna give her a proper budget. I'm going to give her an investment portfolio plan, really well diversified. Yeah, she's not committed, she hasn't got the right mindset, she's not on board. She doesn't really, it's usualized her future exactly. Yeah, So like you cannot have one without the other. And I think so often we think the key to the kingdom is going to be, oh my gosh, I'll get my budget together one day. Godfriend, get your mindset together, because the second you do the budget easy.
Speaker 2: It's easy, it's easy.
Speaker 1: And also, I would argue the mindset needs to come first. Agree, because even if you get the budget, or even like you get this huge load of cash, but you don't have the mindset, you don't have the energetics to hold it, you won't make great decisions. And then that will continue into your narrative of why you're not good with money and so.
Speaker 4: It yeah, and you'll feel constrained by it. So like, yeah, you can get your mindset right. Even if you're like V, I don't know, I don't earn a lot of money, that doesn't matter, because if we can get your mindset in alignment and you can get your vision really clear, do you know how easy it is to budget When you're like, no, I'm making decisions that are aligned with my vision and my future self, you don't feel like you're compromising. You don't feel like you are being restricted. And how often have you heard, Oh, I don't budget, it's too restrictive. I'm sorry, restrictive for what? Yeah, like, what are we restricting here? Because like, from my perspective, I'm helping you build your dream life And that's not restrictive, baby.
Speaker 1: That's empowering exactly. That's incredible. So even let's even touch on it. So, like you said, how Icee, manifesting is not necessarily like the vision boards the dreaming. That's definitely a component, and I love that it's important because most of us dream too small, and so that is definitely a component. But when I and how I teach manifesting is I am not going to talk much or like, manifesting isn't the act of doing, It's not the masculine act of doing. Manifestation is Okay, here's the vision, here's the goal. Who do I need to be in order to have that goal? Like, yeah, who is the person who has that goal? And I think that's like a misconception. And I love that you've already kind of spoken on this, but it's like, okay, so that person who does have that you know, investment portfolio, who does that what does their budget look like, how do they show up?
Speaker 2: You know, who are they being?
Speaker 1: And I think again, when you marry those two, you really have the perfect strategy, the perfect embodiment for your next level self, who is finance free, who feels so good? And I love that you said that when you get to a point of marrying both together, you won't.
Speaker 4: Feel to stricted.
Speaker 2: It will feel easy, there's less resistance.
Speaker 4: And I think it's so funny actually because I just published an episode on Cheese on the Money that basically says that manifestation is bullshit, Andia, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: How could you do that to us?
Speaker 4: It's kind of a big clickbaity because at the end of the day, like I think so many people think manifesting is just throwing it out to the universe, georgy, just throw it out to the I've been asking the universe. I think about it.
Speaker 3: All, think about it, and my poorsh appears.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's that happens, right, But like manifestation, like properly, like if we're going to talk about it, is actually you showing up for you, you doing those things and putting the work in.
Speaker 3: And I'm bodying that fuelure exactly.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I don't. I don't enjoy when people say, oh, I manifested this, because so flippantly it pushes off the fact that you worked really hard for this life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like you know, if you sat with me and we're at brunch and I'm talking about something and you say, yeah, I manifested my whole life, I'd be like, girlfriend, you worked hard for your life. Like I can see how much time and energy and effort and alignment you are, you know, creating. That's not just manifestation. That's not this. And I think that because of TikTok, because of Instagram, there's this concept that manifestation is just like maybe you should just like do a little meditation Georgie in the morning and like tick tick tick, all of a sudden your life with you exactly, And that's not it. But like that time that you're spending with yourself is the clarity to then go and do the strategy because unfortunately, no one's going to come riding in on a white horse and save you, like you are the one that has to do the work, like and if you're not going to be showing up for you, who else is going to and if you're not going to show up for you, why would other people if you're not even saying it's a value, So I think it's Yeah, for me, yes, it was a little bit click baby, and that's why I was like, no, I love manifestation, so small shit, but it's also just give yourself more credit, like you're doing work.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why we even stopped using the word manifestation in our marketing.
Speaker 4: Because it was getting a little bit dululu.
Speaker 1: Well because I like, I started using the word manifesting probably five or six years ago when I did my original course and that was like before it was trending.
Speaker 4: Because you were talking strategy and that encompass styes.
Speaker 1: And there was like I was like, this is a six step formula on how to embody your dream reality, which is manifestation because if you look at the dictionary example not example, sorry, the dictionary, manifestation is your thoughts.
Speaker 2: And your vision coming into fruition.
Speaker 1: So it made it involves work. It made Yeah, it made sense in regards to using that. But now because of TikTok, because of social media, I can absolutely understand why people don't want to use the word manifestation because it discredits and yeah, we honestly stop in using the manifestation in some of our marketing.
Speaker 4: It's so important still because I think that that, especially when you're stepping more into your feminine energy, like I want to be using words like manifestation because I feel like it embraces this strategy and process and who I really want to be, as opposed to yes, I've got a plan, Yes I've got a strategy, like well, no.
Speaker 1: The difference what I would say and why I don't use the words like goal setting and smart goals and whatnot, even though technically that's what I do, is because I guess with my life, I did the masculine version I got straight out of high school. I did law because it's like that's what I thought I had to do in society to be respected and please my parents, and I like followed that formula.
Speaker 2: And then when I.
Speaker 1: Started understanding manifestation, when I started using these laws of the universe, that's when I really transform my life into Georgie who has her own business, who you know, wakes up, you know, with her beautiful life and she's on the beach and she goes for walks and she has created this life that has felt like very much unreal, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Because I was clear on that life. It was because I was like following that feminine side of me. Was when I was following the masculine, I got burnt out.
Speaker 2: And but you know me, Like, you know how.
Speaker 1: Hard I work, Like I'm on here in a work trip, I'm pregnant.
Speaker 4: You just just getting it done. Yeah, like I would love to see it.
Speaker 2: I absolutely do the hard work.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when you marry the two, that is the absolute sweet sweet spot. You can't just do one. You can't just do the feminine. You can't just do the visualization without the strategy, without the doing. Like surely we know this by now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I don't know. I find it so interesting as well, because there are still we're not saying stop being a lawyer and go and do something else. No, But like, just because that's the way that has been paved before us doesn't mean it's the way that we need to continue forward. And I think, yeah, it's just so important to start stepping into Well.
Speaker 1: It depends if it's serving you or not. It depends if it's like, no, this is who I'm meant to be. And if you're honoring that kind of inner you, and you're honoring that like inn intuition.
Speaker 3: Because for me, when I wasn't, I got a lot of health issues.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, nurse me, you know, learning out, I was depressed. I was consistently being like I'm so tired all.
Speaker 3: The so anxious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, anyway, we round there.
Speaker 3: I love this for us.
Speaker 1: What I want to chat about next is I feel like especially women are quite scared and uncomfortable to talk about money. Obviously not you, not me, and so me please help me so shy and even like I know from my content because I'm very transparent. I talk about how much my businesses make. I talk about how much my car was, and that is very intentional to do that because I want other women to see it's not showy to talk about money. It's not showy to be, you know, talk about the investments you're making or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Because it's actually not what's important. Yes, like I've got a car costs, but also my life is whole because of all of these other things.
Speaker 1: Yes, and also you should never shy away from it, because I really believe like men aren't scared to talk about money, to talk about the crisis. Yeah, but if women do it, it's like, oh, that's yeah, like that's Georgie's yeah. And so I think it's very important to be so transparent and open because it shows other women that it's like.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't be ashamed, you shouldn't feel like this is a dirty secret.
Speaker 1: And the more that we are open about it, the more women feel comfortable, the more we start playing the game.
Speaker 2: I think that's very very important.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't like talking about money, Georgie, Absolutely no.
Speaker 3: I don't have a whole podcast on it.
Speaker 4: But I think it's so important because when women have financial literacy, when women have money, women have power. And when women have power, we aren't constrained and we rule the world exactly like it's it's so funny because the more power we get, the more uncomfortable we're making men. I know, and they're the ones that are like, oh, that's ill, that's gross. I've never met a woman who is sure of herself that said what I do is wit. I've never I've met men who go, oh, that's a bit strange. Aren't you just milking that? A bit much. Yes, Queen, Yes I am.
Speaker 3: That's kind of the point.
Speaker 4: It's kind of the point, but I think it's it's so interesting as well. But at the same time, we need to acknowledge that women do genuinely feel uncomfortable talking about money. We can change that. But like you're putting women who historically have been told don't talk about money, that's ill, don't ask for a pay rise, don't talk to your colleagues, And then you're adding things in like trauma, what your money story was, so how you grew up around money, like Georgie, if you grew up and you didn't have a lot of money, you might feel sick whenever the topic comes up. You might just you might not know why that's happening, but you might get that like little not in the bottom of your stomach that goes you shouldn't be talking about this. Let's just move the conversation because you're feeling uncomfortable, And I actually want you to sit with that and ask yourself why, Like why do you feel a little bit icky in this situation? And that works for anything, right, Like ask yourself and your body, like why am I having this response? Like for me sometimes responses are fully visceral. I'm like, oh, like, how am I feeling this? And I just I want you to feel that, because the more you feel that, the more you're able to change where you can go and what that actually looks like. And then we're adding things in like the gender pay gap and all of the things that put women behind that for so long we've been told it's just the way it is. No, it's not, absolutely not, because when women have financial literacy, women have power, and when women have power, we don't need men great ten out of ten, like we don't need it, Like, we just don't need it. And so I think when we're talking about money, it's not icky, it's not weird. I want to know how much you paid for your card? Did you get a good deal? Like how did you purchase it? Oh my god, tell me about these things, because we should be opening the conversation up. Let's talk about finance. Let's talk about your house, like we also could be talking about these things without putting a dollar sign on it and having productive conversation like is it not helpful even if you don't own a property right now and aren't in the position to understand how that process works, like, I want to know, Hey, Victoria, how did you purchase your first home? Okay, cool? I saved up a deposit with my husband, and it was one of the hardest things we ever did. We got into our first home. Then okay, let's talk about my second. Okay, cool, that one was easier because it's always the first step, Like the first one hundred thousand dollars that you save or invest is always going to be the hardest, because after that stage you can leverage. Great, I've got some equity. I'm going to buy another property. Great, I've got some rental income. I can do this. Like, I want you to have all of the tools and resources, Georgie, so that there's no surprises along your journey. You might be at the very start, you might be in oodles of debt. I actually don't care. I think you deserve the same level of financial literacy as someone with multiple millions like. You deserve that, and I want to give that to you because even if you're in debt and you start getting out of debt, isn't it beautiful to know that you're doing that for you and the second that debt's gone, that's power. Let's calculate what that could look like in an investment. Let's calculate what that could look like in a home deposit to actually give you back the power. But I think with social media, with everything that is going on, we are in a position where we just consistently feel like we are not enough. And as women, we are hardwired to think that we always have to do better and that the next person has it better. The grass isn't greener, the grass is green where you water it. You need to be focusing on you, not on what somebody else is doing. But we can learn from them along the way.
Speaker 1: And I think it's even simple things like I my parents were very open about money and talking about it, but there always was kind of that lack story and it was kind of like, you know, oh, we're not people that go to UNI, We're not people that.
Speaker 2: Invest in that sort of story.
Speaker 1: So when I started accumulating more wealth and being like, Okay, well what do I do with.
Speaker 4: My mum, because like that's not part of the journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like and they didn't, you know, they bought property and I have followed somewhat in that, but I was like, oh, I'm sure there's like other things I can do, and so when I started looking into it, it did feel very overwhelming and it felt like.
Speaker 4: Is this like a little secret for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is this a little secret that everyone else knows that I don't know?
Speaker 1: And so I've really found you know, your books and your podcast so helpful because I'm like, oh, it's actually so simple and like really simple stuff Like my first couple of cars, I actually just like bought outright cash.
Speaker 4: And I did the same thing. And then I like really, so you're like, actually, that's maybe not the smartest financial DECISIONY.
Speaker 1: Could have, you know, bought a couple of houses at this point, but sure, and even like before the boom.
Speaker 4: But it also feels so good to do that.
Speaker 2: Yes right, and pay something out right and be like I own this.
Speaker 4: I don't have dat.
Speaker 2: I was so scared of debt.
Speaker 3: Now I have lots of debt.
Speaker 1: And it was then being like, oh, I can actually buy a car through my business, and then I can have alone, and then I can then use that cash for something else. Then I can leverage that, and then I can use the equity in my first house and all those things which I literally had no idea. And then, especially as a woman in business, a woman with wealth. But the first generation it had at the start felt like so much pressure because it wasn't spoken about. So I think it's so important to have people like you and me be very open about it and.
Speaker 4: Be like, here's how it can work, and this is how we've done it, and you'll give you the blue cree this way exactly.
Speaker 1: You can, you know, figure it out, but here's how I did it. And it doesn't have to feel so stressful, and it doesn't have to feel like for me, sorry, money used to.
Speaker 3: Feel a life or death situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it used to feel so critical it is at that stage.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that really disregulated me and made me kind of make some very interesting decisions that now i'd probably go back and do differently. But again, you don't know what you don't know, and so that's why I think it's what you needed, because that was.
Speaker 4: Part of your journey, right, Like I think we look back and go, I wish I did that differently totally. Yeah, But also what did you learn? Like, what did you get out of that? Because Georgie, I think a very big part of my money story is that way back when I was working in psychology I got into forty thousand dollars worth of consumer debt, personal loan credit card. I was so good at it, it was like a game. But that didn't serve me. And if I hid that, because for a very long time, I was super embarrassed of that, like oh my goodnurse, Like I did not feel good about that. That doesn't serve other people. And me sharing that part of my narrative, that part of my journey. It's not because I'm super proud of it. It's because I know that that helps you. And I know that that's the reality. It's the reality of the situation. And I got myself out of that. And if I can do it, and I don't think I'm that smart, if I can do it, I can absolutely teach you to do it, and then you could do it, and then you could teach your friends and family to do it, and we could all be a lot more comfortable. Because when money comes together with your vision and what you want to create and you have alignment, there's so much power there, like, let's do that. Let's marry those two things. Because when I go back and look at that person who got into forty thousand dollars worth of consumer debt. She didn't know who she wanted to be. She was here, there, everywhere. She was just trying to be someone that she wasn't sure who that was and what that looked like. Now I know, I'm like, oh, that's fine. I don't care where my stuff's from. Sometimes I'm like, I just don't need that level of validation. And that's what I was searching for without knowing it.
Speaker 3: I even love what.
Speaker 1: You touched on about not feeling smart enough and not feeling like good with money because of previous decisions. And that's even why I am very intentional about talking about money while being the manifesting girl on Instagram, because I'm like, no, babes, the money isn't.
Speaker 2: Just for the Victoria's the Jack's over there. I can be a super you.
Speaker 1: Know, we would talking about this off air, but like the de Lulu girl on Instagram who goes off, who is financially very savvy, who not only has the mindset but has the financial advisor looks for, Okay, what do I want to do with my money? Because I never want women to think or if you're a bit we were, or if you're a bit like a stay at home mum.
Speaker 4: Or you're creative, so therefore you can't be good at fine.
Speaker 1: Yah, you can't be good at money. And I think it's really important to make everyone.
Speaker 4: Feel every mud at it right.
Speaker 1: With money, not just the you know, the women who went to university exactly or feel like they have a place. And that's why I think there's such a conversation for it, because I'm like, no, you can absolutely be whoever you want to be and still have a place at the table to talk about money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent. And I think it's it's so funny you say that because I had three Uni degrees and still got into that forty thousand dollars worth of debt. So it's got nothing to do with like your education, it really doesn't. I compared it on the podcast a little while ago, or on my podcast, sorry a little while ago to going to France. So like, Georgie, if I picked you up and we went to France tomorrow, can you speak French? Probably not? We know, like a few keywords like I could say bonjour, I could you know? So we I know I want to order a panicial plant. Like that's the limit of my knowledge, right, that's finance. The longer we spend in France, the more we are going to be comfortable with the language and we're going to pick up things here and there. But if we're not spending time in France, why would you know about it. Also, it's not in our school system, it's not in our university system. It is not your employer's job to educate you on this thing. This is a topic that essentially, if you don't have the education and you didn't seek it out yourself, how would you know how to speak French. You don't just wake up and know how to do it. Like, it's not because you're not smart, it's because you just don't have exposure. Let me give you exposure, because of course you're going to speak terrible French if you've never done it before. But that's why I made terrible financial decisions that ultimately I judged myself on and I put myself in the corner and was basically like, oh my goodness, like, I'm the worst at money, I can't be trusted, I'm never going to own my first home. And these are all narratives that I was telling myself shift that I got out of debt. Girl, you can too, like you literally can. If I can, I promise you it's not that hard being in debt and not being able to quote be good at money. It's not forever. In fact, it just means you spent more than you won't full stop, end of story. Do you want to fix that? Let me help you, And if we can get your mindset and your energetics in alignment, it will feel so easy. It'll feel like you were meant to be doing this the whole time.
Speaker 3: And don't make it mean something.
Speaker 1: So just because you are in debt, it doesn't mean you're bad with money one percent. You made previous choices, but you can always make new choices.
Speaker 3: You can always be that new person.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent, and money does not define who you are.
Speaker 3: Like I do not the least interesting thing about you.
Speaker 4: I do not care if you're a billionaire or you're in a billion dollars worth of debt. Are you kind? Are you nice? Are you somebody that I would invite around for having a little wine on the couch with me and my husband. That's the type of person I want to know. I don't care about your finances, but I care about you as a person. So therefore, by extension, I want you to be good money because I know how good that can make you feel. I know how much power that gives you. I want that for you absolutely, and I really really do. But do I judge you if you're in debt? No? No, Also, who has the time for that. Nobody doing more than you is ever going to think less of you, and you right now probably think less of you because of that. Just put that in the mid for that's a problem that yesterday you had. Today we're just honoring the fact that I am kind, I'm nice, I am exactly where I need to be, and there must be something that I'm learning from this journey of being in debt. Let's try and embrace that side of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the lesson? Who do I want to be moving for?
Speaker 4: Exactly? And sometimes you have to take like fifty steps back to be able to take one hundred forward and it doesn't feel good. But I promise there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like, no one's journey is linear. It's no, it's never gonna look like that. Like, I love that you share that past version of you, because I think it's very important people be like Oh okay, Victoria's it's not perfect.
Speaker 3: Look what she's created.
Speaker 4: I can do it too, exactly. And if I don't share that, how would we know that this stuff is a reality exactly?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: So in our previous podcast we did talk about budgeting and property. I remember and I will link the previous podcast. But also, I'm sure you have so much updated information on your podcast, so we can.
Speaker 4: Just go if you want a budget, our friend, this is not the episode. I have a free one on my website. Go download it. You absolutely should do it. Go listen to the other episode. Go listen to my podcast. That's fantastic. We're just talking about the energies, the vibes, that making sure we're on the right track. We're talking about anisolu station, all of the funner stuff.
Speaker 3: Well not flu because now we're going to get into her.
Speaker 4: Right, take that back. So I'll make it fun. We'll make it fun. Frame it.
Speaker 2: It's us, so it's going to be fun.
Speaker 1: So I loved your id reel where you said a five dollars a day spend, which is eighteen hundred twenty five a year, sorry, eight and twenty five dollars a year. Five dollars a day invested is seventy thousand a year. Investing in shares is something a lot of women want to do, but they feel intimidated by. I love this so much because I started investing in shares maybe three years ago, and.
Speaker 4: I remember was starting and I was like, it's not that hard. I promise, go and see an advisor, do this, And I wanted to be your advisor so bad, but I was like stepping out of being a financial advice. You found a good one, You're okay. I did. I found a good one, you found a good, great recommendation, And.
Speaker 1: So I felt so intimidated, and I think I also had some weird stories. I remember my dad being like, oh, my friend had you know, three hundred grand in stocks and then like everything, yeah, and like the what's it called the g Global financial crisis happened in eight everybody lost everything. Yes, and so they're hairy though they ask yes, and I'm like, that's around it. But I was always like, oh, shares, that's it's too unpredictable, it's too volatile, but.
Speaker 4: How you got on today?
Speaker 1: Like oh wow, it's really I forget, and like I just then I was like sometimes I'm like Oh yeah, I've got all that money in shares, Like how cool. I really want to talk about it, because again, I feel like it's not something women like a global financial crisis.
Speaker 4: We could do a whole podcast on that. Let's not fine, I'll do it. There, you do it and link it to me. But yeah, let's talk about investing. Yeah, and so we can get into it. Investing is so fliping sexy, And the reason I love talking about it is it is because it's so accessible, Like you can now today invest for as little as one cent, Like you don't need a lot of money to begin, You can buy shares for as little as one cent, and that is flipping cool vibe. Oh so cool. Because when I started my financial advice like career, you couldn't do that. You needed a minimum of at least five hundred dollars to start, and for a lot of people that's their entire life savings, and they're like, well, I'm not willing to put that in. Whereas now you can start small and be considered to zoom a little bit further out and touch on the fact that you know your dad's brother's friend's dog said that you know you'll lose everything look what happened to the global financial crisis. Most people during the Global financial crisis lost all of their money because they freaked out. So during your lifetime, Georgie, you're going to see a minimum of seven market dips. That is seven times that your share portfolio is going to look so disgusting to look at. You're going to look at it. And the bigger your portfolio gets, the worse it feels. Because you're going to log in one day and it will say you've lost thousands of dollars. But that feels like trash, right But at the end of the day, that's not money you've lost. That is money that is still invested. But right now, if you'd sold those shares, that's what you would be accepting for it. We don't accept that. We wait, we ride the wave back up, and we consistently ride the wave. Because anybody in Australia who has been invested in the Australian share market for a minimum period of third years, Georgie hasn't ever lost money. Isn't that wild to think about. So it's a long term game, long term game, and in a social media world that is very hard because they're so bad at wanting instant gratification, Like if your video isn't engaging, I'm off it less than one second.
Speaker 3: Gimme a good hook nut.
Speaker 4: No, no good hook see you buye no good looking food. Off you go. But I think it's so important to understand why these people lost money, not just oh, your friend lost three hundred thousand dollars. Oh my goodness. I would never do that, because that's where real wealth happens. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a cost of living crisis. Inflation is crazy. If you just keep your money in your savings account, Georgie, you are going to retire poorer than you are today, and that is crazy to think about. But you need to be investing to be able to get past inflation, because otherwise the money that you have. Let's pretend you have ten thousand dollars today in a savings account and feels so safe and so secure. Give it thirty years, maybe you still have ten thousand dollars in your savings account. That's great, same amount of money. You might have even contributed a little more savings, but it now buys significantly less.
Speaker 3: A loaf of bread.
Speaker 4: Exactly like you look back and I know it it is the most stereotypical example. But the loaf of bread, right, like a good loaf of bread at the bakery around the corner from me, seven or eight dollars at woollies, you're still buying it for like two or three. Back in my parents' days, it was sense. And that is something we need to take into consideration because that's just going to keep inflating. It's just going to keep going up. It does go up consistently every single year. And that's why we have things like the you know, the budget that comes out from the government every year. But we need to be beating that. So you need to be in it to win it, Like you have to invest. At the end of the day, you are putting yourself behind. And it's not scary, it's not. It's as easy as buying a new dress on the iconic and I'm like really good at that, Georgie.
Speaker 2: I'm so like literally, I'm so good at online shopping.
Speaker 4: It's not funny, exactly exactly. And if you're good at online shopping, you're good at investing in shares because it is as easy as downloading an app and just buying a few things. Hitting trade great it's not as hard as you think it is. Mediocre middle aged white men have made us think it is hard for a very long time because they have wanted us to pay them a lot of money to be able to access that, or they've wanted to gate keep their information because they just want to feel really smart. But it's not that deep.
Speaker 1: So if someone who doesn't they don't want to see a financial advisor, they don't want to see the middle aged white man, what do they do?
Speaker 4: They listen to Sheese on the Money, and then you'll be fine, absolutely fine, perfect if you want to start investing, first thing I would do is think about why. So we need to get that mindset and those energetics on the right page. So what do you want to achieve from this? Are we looking for? Like future financial freedom? Are we looking for you know, home deposit? What are we doing? We're gonna get clear on that. Then we're gonna go, all right, what kind of platform do I want? Am I gonna download an app like share Z's, which is just like an app you can have on your phone, gives you kind of not trying to pitch them, but like talking about it, but gives you access to like the US share market, Australia and New Zealand, and you can trade for like one cent or do you think you're like a full trader and you need something more complex and you're looking at a platform maybe like self Wealth, but that is a minimum of five hundred dollars to be able to invest in, and like it doesn't have a user friendly app, but like you might feel like it's a little bit more technical, So like what are we looking for? Pick your app and then we can start talking about the type of investment.
Speaker 1: You still use an app like Chaze even if you want to be investing thousands of dollars or you would recommend going to the other app.
Speaker 4: Nope, Nope, shar Z's works exactly the same if you have one cent or fifty million dollars, like their entire app, and like my money is on chare Za's. I like the experience. It's a legitimate investing platform, and it's so pretty Georgie, Like it's just a pretty app.
Speaker 3: Language, it's a pretty.
Speaker 4: App, and they have AI building so that you can like you can look up a I feel like this is a pitch not being paid for them or buy them for this podcast. I'm gonna call them up and be like, hey, you're getting the best call out here. But they literally have this like AI search. I don't think that's what they call it, but like you can type in what you're looking for, like I want an ETF that's like all women or something, or I want ethical ETF made up of tech companies and it will like find that for you. Love isn't that cool? So if you're like, oh, I've been thinking about this, maybe I want to do a little bit of research. Like it's so easy these days and that doesn't cost you anything. So for me, having an app that makes the experience easier so much better. That's why the iconic works, Right, They've got all of these different retailers together, so I can add a whole heap of things to my cart check out smooth process. To be honest, Georgie, if you made me go to like all of the other websites and buy those dresses individually, maybe I'd still get one. But like, I can't be bothered with the whole process.
Speaker 3: You're paying like all different shipping. I don't know too hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think it's important to have a process that works for you, that feels smooth and feels like you can commit to and then we can start picking what you invest in, and that's completely up to you. Like you could invest in direct shares, but for me and for the she's on the money community, most of them are looking at ETFs so exchange traded funds, which are basically big buckets of pre selected shares that some really smart, usually mediocre, middle aged white man has hicked. Or it might be the top two hundred companies in Australia because do you know what when it comes to investing, yes, I'm aggressive. I want you to do this so bad, but the second you get there, let's make it really boring. Georgie, I don't want to be like personally, I don't want to be taking massive risks with my money. No, I just want consistent returns so that like I retire so wealthy, I don't have to think about things. That's my plan. So you're investing portfolio. We're not looking for the biggest next thing. We're not looking for crypto. We're not looking for like, oh, the tech companies that have performed the best. I get it.
Speaker 3: What do you think of crypto?
Speaker 4: I'm a negative on the crypto side. Of things because of my community. So I've obviously heard a lot of negative stories. But on the flip side, why would I want to invest in something that, yeah, there's like maybe some significant upside, but it has such significant risk. But I know I could achieve wealth pretty dependently, almost guaranteed in the share market. Why would I take your money, Georgie and take the biggest risk on purchasing an asset that has no base? Right, Like, if we look at crypto versus like giving gambling, yeah, it's giving gambling. But like if we look at crypto versus a bank, let's pretend it's NAB. So we've got crypto and NAB. NAB is a legitimate business with lots of locations around Australia. Our economy is held up by parts of NAB. If they disappeared tomorrow, they can't, right, they have staff, they have you know, consistent dividends that they've paid out to people. Crypto who owns that. Where's their store? Where is the actual bricks and mortar building that is sustaining that? Could it disappear overnight? Absolutely it could? And crypto coins have so they've just disappeared out of the market completely and whose responsibility is at nobody's because they can do that. So you're telling me that I could invest in crypto and have all of that risk, or I could invest in NAB, which do you know what. Let's pretend and they're not going to like me for saying this, but let's pretend the worst controversy happens inside NAB and all of a sudden their share price completely plummets. At the end of the day, Georgie, they're so integral to our economy and to the banking of so many in Australians. Yep, might have affected their share price. Smart people are going to buy it while it's completely back up, and then it's going to go back up. Yeah, Like, is crypto going to do the same thing? No, it has never shown us that. Yes, bitcoin has, so like bitcoin as a coin on its own has and ethereum has done something similar. But like, that's too out of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of different crypto options. For me, I am conservative but aggressive, so most of my money is in shares, but pretty conservative when we're picking boring things because like girl, I just want to retire comfortably and live my dream life. I'm not here. I don't want to think the next best thing, but I'm just not you can do that. But like, why would you risk it.
Speaker 1: Especially if you're a beginner, especially if you're just getting into the market, especially if you've never even doubled your toes.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, why.
Speaker 4: Would you be more comfortable with crypto over the share market? You need to ask yourself that, and usually it is because of the herd mentality. You've seen so many people online get involved in crypto, So somehow, because you've seen that role modeled, you feel safer with it. Whereas not that many people are bragging about their share portfolio. That's just consistent. That doesn't make a good news story. So you need to ask yourself why you would take such more significant risk over something that's tried and true. Right, How bold you about it?
Speaker 3: I love that again? Mindset?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So, like I said, since the seven, it's all about getting everything you want in life in business and from your financial perspective, what are the non negotiable someone should get right if they want to create financial freedom to have everything they desire in life in business, this dream life that me and you are both on the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So first is mindset. You need to get your mindset straight, because if you do not think you deserve this, it is not going to happen. We need to step into no, I'm worth this, No I deserve this. I am worth everything that I'm putting into me. Women consistently undervalue themselves put themselves last. Caring about your finances is making sure that that cup is bigger so that it is always overflowing, as opposed to always working off empty like we always talk about not being able to pour from an empty cup. Girl, finances is going to build the cup and plug all the holes and make sure that it holds everything in right. Then, once we're clean and clear on our mindset goes back to boring cash flow Georgie, I guarantee most now listening, Yep, you have to know. If they're not sexy, it's not fun. Most people would be able to tell me how many dollars come into their bank account because they know what their pay slips are, Georgie, how many dollars leave? Where are they going? What are they doing? I want you to know four numbers. What do you earn, what do you spend, what do you own? And what do you owe? Even if that is astronomical amounts of o wing because same girlfriend, Like, I am mortgaged up to the hilt and I regret nothing. Yeah, but like I want to know where I am because that's like a plot on a graph, and we can plot ourselves and work out where we want to go and what that looks like. The second thing I want you to focus on is your foundations. Do you have an emergency fund? Do you have fifty one hundred, maybe it's five thousand, I don't care, But do you have some cash sitting to the side that will help you get out of any situation you don't want to be in? Is it a bill that's just popped up and you're like, oh my goodness, I totally forgot about this. Is it, you know, flying back from Melbourne because you're stuck with Victoria here and you want to go home to.
Speaker 3: The Gold Coast, get me home.
Speaker 4: But like, you have that power to just go I'm leaving. So many people don't have that, Georgie. They can't leave a situation they don't want to be in, and that is power. We're not talking about tomorrow becoming a millionaire. We're talking about giving ourselves the financial freedom we deserve, and that is about giving ourselves choices. The next thing I want you to do is automate. I want you to automate your savings. I want you to automate your bill payments. I want you to automate a transfer to your investing account. Because those who have wealth, and you would know this now, George, they are the ones that pay themselves first. They set up their accounts. They are paying their mortgage, they are paying their savings, they are paying their debt, they are paying everything off to begin with. They are investing, and then they're playing with the rest. Yeah, people who look rich but are not rich are playing with all of their money and then paying everything second and not caring about it enough, so they're not creating and building wealth. Wealth is not visible. It's so unsexy, Like no one can see your investment portfolio, Georgie. They can't.
Speaker 3: It's sexy.
Speaker 4: They can see that. Oh, they can see your car, they can see your houses, and that's fantastic. But for lots of people, not you, but for lots of people, those visible things are actually one hundred percent debt. Like the cars on finance, they're really struggling with their mortgage they're going home every night and fighting with their partner over how they're going to make those payments. Your financial freedom isn't coming from having the shiny things that everyone can see. It's coming from your investment portfolio. The fact that your property portfolio, I'm assuming, is generating income to pay those More like, it's about strategy. No one can see that, so we need to get that started. And the best way to get that strategy started is automation. And then we're just going to give it.
Speaker 3: I have to think about it, stunt.
Speaker 4: No, why would you think about it if you do not have to, It's not fun.
Speaker 3: I also love it too, because I love automation. Sorry to interrupt.
Speaker 1: Because when I have that money in the bank that I've paid everything off, the mortgages are paid, the you know, everything's gone into investments, so I know the set amount of money that I can play with, and so when I spend money, there is not no guilt. There is like, you know, people are you know, if I will go buy something special for my thirty eth or yeah, something like that, and people like, oh, you're just wasting money.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I know exactly how much.
Speaker 4: Money and even if it was, and I literally printed this money out and set fire to it. Wouldn't matter, would it matter?
Speaker 3: It's not your problem?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Also, why are you so worrying?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 4: Exactly? So, I think it's so important to remember that unfortunately, wealth it's not visible. It's really hard to see those people who are financially successful. And in a world where girl, I saw so many influencers in my financial advice career that were up to their eyeballs in debt because they were keeping up with the Kardashians. Yes, like, it's just don't follow that. In fact, operate as a default. If that influencer isn't talking about money, isn't talking about wealth, they're probably not that comfortable with it. And do you know why they're not that comfortable with it, because they're not focusing on it. And if they're not focusing on it, but they've got the car, they've got the clothes, they've got the house, I've got everything, it's probably a little bit sticky. Like, operate under that assumption, even though it is not nice, because it will change your mindset to caring more about yourself.
Speaker 2: That's even like just a quick little story and there.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was about twenty five, and I was just kind of starting in the influencer game, and yeah, I was getting paid extreme soone you know.
Speaker 4: Like I stream amounts of money in comparison to what you were before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I was like a clerk, it was wild.
Speaker 1: And I remember being at an influencer event and a younger influencer, big YouTuber who I knew how much she was getting paid to certain sponsorships, and I was like, holy wow. And I was just telling her how we had bought our you know, first house, so I was at that age.
Speaker 2: And she was like, oh my gosh, like how did you afford it? And I literally reached.
Speaker 1: Over the table because she had like a whole bunch of Cardia rings on, she had you know, her sign a bag and everything, and I was like, paid because I don't buy those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I that's what I know.
Speaker 1: I can look at your hand right now, I can look at your house to posit, and that is a house to posit.
Speaker 4: Don't get us wrong, Like we're sitting here probably yeah, like I deposits on our wrists right now.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: The reason we are able to do that is because we put our well first.
Speaker 1: Well first. The same stuff playing first, Yes, lady said to her, even though I think she's only twenty one, even though you're twenty one, trust me, babe, Like, who knows how long this career is going.
Speaker 4: To You never know?
Speaker 3: Do you never know?
Speaker 1: And so I just said to her, like, set yourself up and then when you play with your money, you're going to feel like so good when you spend it, when you buy that cuddier whatever.
Speaker 4: It's become something that means something as opposed to a status symbol.
Speaker 1: Yes, and look, I'm not like, yeah, who knows what happened there, But I remember having that conversation and seeing the world and being like wow, they And also she probably didn't have the education. No, she didn't have the role modelate like she I could tell when I told her that she was like me by a house at twenty one, Like.
Speaker 4: What, Yeah, you could could come and see me and I will do it for you.
Speaker 1: Like it's really easy, toss me just get people to do it exactly.
Speaker 3: And well, that's even why.
Speaker 1: I have a financial advisor, because I honestly hate numbers. I find it boring. I find the budgets boring. But it is so I'll tell you what you need, I'll tell me what to do, I'll do it, go do that and that and then.
Speaker 4: My random space exactly, and then can you please help me with my mindset?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 4: Thanks, You've got.
Speaker 3: Us both exactly.
Speaker 1: Victoria, thank you so much for coming on show. It has been such a delight. You are such a wealth of knowledge, and like I said at the start, I just love that you aus have such a holistic view and you are such a empowering role model for women with money, with going after what they want, with living their dream life. But you actually you give them the steps, you give them, you know the tools, and it's so so neated.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and right back at you. I feel like this little collaboration is one that needs to grow. I know you can do the mindset stuff. I want to play there too, but like I'll get the strategy, I'll do the strategy.
Speaker 3: We the masculine, we need the feminish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with a ying to the yang is yea perfect Thank you for having me a pasure as always, and.
Speaker 1: Of course I will link everything that Victoria has to offer.
Speaker 3: In the show.
Speaker 4: Not I was just happy to be here, to.
Speaker 1: Be honest, but also guys like if you're like getting those moments, those are har moments where you're like, fuck, I can.
Speaker 2: Actually I can be in the do this, I can be at the big boys table.
Speaker 4: That hard.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's not hard.
Speaker 4: If we can do it, you can do it, I know. And like we've just got folded up chairs. You bring one, we'll all sit at the same table and we'll just get stuff done.
Speaker 1: Well, we will absolutely all right, my love, thank you so much coming on the show. If you did love this episode, please take a screenshot, put on your stories, share it with a girl, our friend, share it with your mum, sister.
Speaker 3: Really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: This is an independent podcast and the reason that we can keep giving you this beautiful free content is because you guys share.
Speaker 3: It and we have listens and downloads. So appreciate you more than you know.
Speaker 1: If you do that, Thank you so much for listening, and I will chat to you in the next episode.
Speaker 3: Bye.