Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples. Today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the rn C Potty. It is your host Georgie Stevenson, and today we have a bit of an interesting episode about success.
Speaker 2: Oh us this whole week. That's curious.
Speaker 1: My coach has told me to shift out of like shame and guilt, you shift into curiosity. And so in the office, all the irons and me have been like.
Speaker 3: Hmm, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: How curious when we're like going to like not put ourselves down but be like, oh my god, I hate when I do that.
Speaker 2: We're like, hmm, that's so interesting.
Speaker 3: I do that.
Speaker 2: So interesting. I snooze my alarm.
Speaker 1: This morning, so just a little inside that. I love how we do inside jokes with our community I know you're part of it.
Speaker 2: I love it, guys.
Speaker 1: We have an exciting episode. We are chatting what actually makes someone successful and what success even looks like in the first place, because this is such an interesting subject that, like you're here in the episode, me and a Tea explained like it's really evolved for us for sure, and it's really been this journey and I think, you know, what we once thought was successful, we are now in like a completely different place and it's really.
Speaker 2: Interesting, so curious.
Speaker 4: I'm so curious about this journey of success, and I think it's just a really beautiful conversation to bring to you guys, for you to have a think of, like you know, how you're currently defining.
Speaker 2: Your success and if it's.
Speaker 1: Really in line with your values and who you want to be, and maybe a shift needs to happen because I think sometimes we have this definition of success and we really live our life by it, but then when we actually look at it, it's we haven't made that definition. Someone else has or society has, and then we realize we're like living life not on our terms. And when you realize that and you start living life in your own terms and really defining what success means to you, it's like a weight lifts. Yeah, and you're like, so true, Oh my god, I can actually just do life, buy my own rules how I want to do it, and it gets to feel.
Speaker 2: Really really good.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: So I'm really excited for you guys to hear this episode before we get into though. Guys, this is your final reminder, final reminder.
Speaker 2: It's so scary. So that feels so intense.
Speaker 1: That was really aggressive, and I do apologize, no final reminder. If you want to join us for the one and only live round of the project this year, this is your final call.
Speaker 5: I'm literally so excited for it with oh, oh my god, Ellie told me what you're manifesting in the project, and I'm.
Speaker 2: So excited for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: What are you manifesting? I was gonna say, I do you want to know what?
Speaker 1: So what I'm manifesting is really this next level self like I want you to think like boss Bitch energy. I'm talking like CEO Energy of Naked Harvest and RNC Wider Vision.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I can't tell you because that's what I'm going to figure out.
Speaker 3: I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: I don't actually know yet. But that's when I'm out on the project. So I'm really.
Speaker 1: Feeling a call like everyone else. And it's like I'm being called to my next level of Georgie, who really embodies, you know, her values and everything, everything she believes. And I think for a long time I have limited myself on my dreams because I have let society kind of decide, oh, I can dream big, but.
Speaker 2: Like only here.
Speaker 1: And it's like next level Georgie is not dreaming here, she's dreaming she can't even reach that I'm pointing up. And so I'm really excited because I'm feeling this call to explore what that looks like. And you know, my whole theme for this year is like really surrender.
Speaker 2: So it's not going.
Speaker 3: To be like the.
Speaker 1: I want this car, I want this house, I want this amount of money.
Speaker 2: Not even in the realm of that.
Speaker 1: It's like in the realm of like who I am, what the footprint I leave on the world sort of vibes like big vision energy. I love that I've never done that before. That's so exciting, And I'm feeling so called to like really explore what that next level looks like. And I'm almost a little bit scared because so excited. I don't this is gonna sound so like weird. I feel like weird saying this, but like I'm such a powerful manifesto. I feel scared because once I'm clear, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: We're going there. Fara, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: Buckle in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's what I'm going to use a project for this round of like really getting clear in like next level Georgie, because I can, like I can taste it, and it's so exciting and I'm gonna do it in a way I never have. And I'm really excited about this round too because there's going to be some little secret bonus videos added in there, which you know, I can't tell you too much about it. You've just got to be in there. But what I'm talking about about me finding that next level self, it will makes sense.
Speaker 3: So I'm very excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And of course, guys, if you've previously done the project, you will get that content because once you buy the project, you have lifetime access, so if we add content and any future rounds, you get that.
Speaker 2: But guys, go to the.
Speaker 1: Link in the show notes or you know our Instagram and description and if the course is calling you.
Speaker 3: Do not wait.
Speaker 1: This is our one and only live round and I feel I couldn't even introduce a course, but it's a seven week self development and manifesting course where I teach you my formula and principles to create your dream life.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited because this is both the most unclear I've felt but most called to the course.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my George is dropped.
Speaker 5: I know, like and people would think, yeah, that that's like so not goes together, but it's like even more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, I feel I kind of feel the energy from you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know quite what it is that I'm gonna get, but I'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's so exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's like a lot of people in my DMS, and I know when your dmsit here are like I've just got a feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've just got to go with it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, that is your intuition.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: And it seems like grow on the same.
Speaker 2: Boat this time. No one knows what they want, but we always something coming.
Speaker 6: My god, I know that is literally the energy and I love it, yeah, because I'm like we're just getting like armed ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck shit.
Speaker 3: Up bra brah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, guys, so exciting makes you check it out. If you're feeling called, do not wait. This is your last call before you get into the show. Quickly a tear. You got five seconds watch your weekly recommendation.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know I actually recommended this last week, guys, but I hadn't finished the podcast episode yet, so I cut it out of the episode and I'm re recommending it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but so highly What was it again?
Speaker 5: Jay Shetty's podcast with Lewis Hamilton. I literally cried, really genuinely why Because he talks about his life and like, I very much fell into this trap with him, which I have now worked through on myself, where I was like, oh, he must have been rich to get into Formula one because like to Barry that, yeah, I know, so rude of me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's that's it. Oh my god, that's a limiting belief. You need to work the project.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I assumed that because of Formula one, just like the barriers of entry like next Level, and it's about his life and how everyone around him as a kid told him he was never good enough, he was never going to amount to anything, and how like his teachers at school, he was bullied his friends. All of that coupled with the fact that he was obviously a man of color and going into an industry as the first man of color to ever be in that industry and then become a world champion, and just his entire mindset and perspective around it and how he dealt with it. Like I genuinely cried, I cannot recommend this podcast episode and.
Speaker 2: Send it to me because you said you wouldn't use it.
Speaker 5: It's also his first podcast interview ever, and did he speak beautifully?
Speaker 3: So I love him.
Speaker 2: We are obsessed. He is our boyfriend. I love that. That's such an incredible recommendation. What's yours? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I okay, So mine's a bit rogue this week because I actually I haven't read it yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, but time.
Speaker 1: I haven't been consuming content because I've been doing my own personal development work, which we love, we do. I feel like there's such a time and place to stop consuming content when you're doing inner work. Actually, that's actually a recommendation. I'm going to get it going to give if you're about to do the project.
Speaker 3: If our listens, drop.
Speaker 1: Continue to listen to this podcast, but just not anything else.
Speaker 5: No tells people to stop consuming content as a content creator, but also make sure you listen to the R and C Potty and go on Georgie Timminsims Instagram. No, just quickly, so Ellie said, so many people recommended the book The Third Space to me, which is all about the transition from like different things in your life like work to home.
Speaker 1: And you, guys know that's suddenly I'm trying to like conquerte the moment. So I'm really interested to read that idea. Are we going to tell the audience the milestone that happened today? Guys?
Speaker 6: This is why the listeners contru a tears smash and okbiyes beautiful RONC ladies part surprised me with balloons this morning.
Speaker 2: Guess why we hit ten million dead loads? Guys?
Speaker 1: We hit ten million downloads. Like I can't even comprehend how many downloads that is, can I? So we just want to say a big thank you from the ron C team for supporting the Potty, listening, for downloading.
Speaker 3: Sharing it with your friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just can't get over it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's our favorite thing to do and we just feel like having you guys as our besties and our community.
Speaker 2: Is just all the fields here. Yeah, yeah, we appreciate you so much.
Speaker 1: And I just want to say a big thank you for supporting the podcast listening all the things, because yeah, we appreciate you guys that much.
Speaker 3: We love you all.
Speaker 2: We love you so much. All right, on that note, let's get into the podcast.
Speaker 1: So I thought it would be interesting if we just started with, like, you know, what success means for both of us and maybe how that has evolved, and then at the end of the episode, I really want to get into like what makes a successful person? Yes, I love it, all right, so let's get into like, you know what success means for us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does it mean to you?
Speaker 1: It's it's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Because what did it mean to you? Oh, she's in with the heart hitting questions.
Speaker 1: I grew up in a family where, you know, success was very much defined about and this is like something I very much liked to explain. Is just like my parents were amazing and they did the best so they could with their parenting, and they're incredible people and obviously they raised an incredible human. But like your evolution is like being very looking at your childhood with curiosity. Yeah, and so just something like growing up. For me, what was like kind of curated in my childhood was success was very much based on, first of all, how you looked. So I remember being younger, and so my dad grew up from a family where, you know, my grandparents were immigrants from England, and so they did not have a lot of money. And my dad had this big thing about if we would go to the shopping center, we had to look like we couldn't wear thongs, and we had to dress like not proper, proper, but like we couldn't wear thongs or a tracksuit.
Speaker 2: Like you had to Literally, my mother is exactly. I swear it's like.
Speaker 1: An immigrant thing because it was like, no, you cannot show that you're poor, and those things like meant you were poor. So it's like and he always spoke about, you know, there was no rips.
Speaker 2: And jeans or like anything like that, because no, we need to be proper.
Speaker 1: You need to be proper and when you go out into public, you need to show like all us four kids would all be very presentable, that's the word.
Speaker 2: Would all have a hair down.
Speaker 1: Be very presentable. Everyone would have nice clothes. I even remember, Oh my god, this is so bad. But I remember using that as a former manipulation for my parents when I wanted new clothes.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm so aware of that too. Like I would be like, oh, but these clothes are so old and ratty, Dad, And then he would be like, Mom, you've got to sorry, Debbie, You've got to go get Georgia some new clothes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I bit I would purposely you that because I knew that was like a weird trigger, yeah, trigger for him, which.
Speaker 2: Is oh my god. Wow.
Speaker 1: I hope my parents don't listen to this. No, I'm We're very open about, you know, all that sort of stuff. So very much how you looked in that way, so like, you know, being presentable to society. Money was a huge thing for my family. It's because we didn't have much of it, yeah, and so it was very much, you know, a status seeing of like my dad built his business from the ground up and did get to a point where we were well off. Yeah, so it was like, you know, yeah, like not showing off your money, but you know, being stable and having that status of like I work hard and I have a great income.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To think what else.
Speaker 1: It's Friday afternoon, everyone's leaving for it for me in a dore like.
Speaker 2: Stuck here.
Speaker 3: For God in this great episode for here.
Speaker 2: We hope you love it.
Speaker 1: So it was very like materialistic status. It's kind of so typical like what you'd see on TV. Yes, would you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I agree?
Speaker 1: So that's what it used to mean for me? What did success mean to you?
Speaker 5: This is so hard because I feel like I'm now at a point in my life where I'm questioning it and I hadn't really questioned it properly before that. But I feel like, mainly for me, it was have a good job, like a high status job, like you're a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer.
Speaker 2: That's why you want to be an engineer? Yeah, and I want to be a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's literally not even like the income you get from it, obviously it is also to do with that, but just like being able to like prove your intelligence to other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I noticed I do that.
Speaker 1: Like I just did an intro before I'm anyway on a zoom where people didn't know me, and I was like, I was a lawyer. It's something I said because it's a way to identify yourself of tick, I'm smart, tick, I'm you know, presentable in society.
Speaker 2: Exactly and so normal.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it was for me.
Speaker 5: It was like having that job, being able to like do whatever I want financially and be secure, but also have extra And then also I think as I got older, I started to question that in the sense of like is that really worth it? And then success sort of evolved for me into being a bit more content Like success is contentment.
Speaker 1: But I think, how twenty two dude, I literally can't believe you've already come to this episode if you could meet my twenty two year olds with my Porsche, my vision bond, doing my law degree.
Speaker 2: But I think it was she's so enlightened.
Speaker 5: It was like for me where it's like, if you're going to be happier packing up your stuff and going to live in Italy or on a Greek island, like Mama Mia what the mother does and she opens this old hotel and she's just so happy, and it's like.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: Oh, you need.
Speaker 2: To watch put it on the lip.
Speaker 3: But like, if you're going to be happy at doing that, why wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: So you've had this progression of very similar to me, of what success means, but you're at this beautiful stage where you're actually it's like you're on the cusp. Yeah, I'm not quite yeah, and you're just you're learning different things and you're like, oh, this is so interesting. This used to hold something over me, and now I'm starting to realize it kind of doesn't fucking matter. Yeah, well this is perfect because this is what this episode is all about. Exciting, Welcome to the episode. Well, I want to chat about a similar sort of evolution of how I got there to wear success.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to fucking lie to you guys.
Speaker 1: Like success to me, it still includes certain material things, and it still includes certain like status things, but I just see it very different. And also I want to preface this, and I feel like I should preface this with fucking every episode, but it like what I say today might not be reflected in me.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: Like a big thing on this podcast is I'm allowed to show up and tell you what success means today and then three years that change again, and I hope it does change again for me. Yeah, but let's talk about me right now. So success. It has very much evolved where I realized. And it's funny because I kind of it's in the last couple of years and then very solidified this last year since having IVY. Because for me, success is like kind of flipped on its head. Where the thing that I value the most now so it used to be probably money, status, material things. The thing that I value most now is my time.
Speaker 2: That is my.
Speaker 1: Biggest resource and form of success to me personally. Yeah, and also if my life is integral to my values or my priorities, and they should always not always, but they should be shifting and changing. And so that's why I really wanted to do this episode because I think so many of us would have created a vision board for twenty twenty three and there would have been things on there that you deemed as success, which maybe you hadn't really thought about. It's what society deems its success. And again I'm true, I'm not saying you can't want materialistic things like fuck look at me, but like I'm a very materialistic person. But yeah, it's about this dance of understanding the very reason why you want that thing and what you might have to potentially give away in order to have that thing to think.
Speaker 3: It's almost like your measuring sticks changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, And so let's just do something examples, because I feel like maybe I'm not making as much sense. So previously, success was very much the money, the house, the car, the things, the status, whereas now it is my time with Ivy, it is the integrity of both of my companies. It is the integrity of how I feel as a person. So for example, in previous years, I would literally work myself to the point of burnt out or having a mental breakdown.
Speaker 2: Tim not you know, but.
Speaker 1: Just like these episodes where I would have worked quote unquote so hard in order to achieve this goal, but at the cost of what my mental health, my physical health, and these certain things. And that's fine, and I did life like that for a certain amount of time. But in the last couple of years, I've really been dabbling in this new thing of no, I actually get to create my complete own set of rules and I get to live by them. And this is another big thing too. It's like, sometimes why I have a love hate relationship with social media is what you see about me and my life. Your judgments mean nothing to me because it's not about how you judge my life or what you deem successful. It's about me and how I judge my life and what I deem successful. And I feel like a lot of people don't even get to that point of finding out what that means to them, because I feel like there has been so many instances where I have created these goals off very things that I thought, you know, I wanted, but then achieved them and not had that feeling and gone. I've completely created this of what success means to someone else, not what success means to me, And this is why I don't feel happy that I've achieved this goal. And so I wanted you guys to do a little bit of, you know, an order of what you have deemed as what will mean you're successful this year and even what success you know means for you and something I talk about in the project. And the reason why I'm so passionate about the Rise and Conquer project is because I really get you to run through so many practices and exercises where you have to dig so deep and you have to really feel into what feels good for you from like a soul centered intuition way and lead that way. And something I always say is like what you have.
Speaker 2: On your heart, like you have not got it wrong.
Speaker 1: And I think a big thing though, is people don't even let that success be on their heart, if that makes sense, Like they just.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or they don't even know what the difference is internally of what a head desire is and a heart desire feels.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yes, So it's just all a bit of a math.
Speaker 2: A little bit way of maths.
Speaker 1: But it's also like, you know, it's like something I was chatting to someone in the project. I remember this was actually like a year ago or something, and I was chatting to someone and they were saying like their goal for the project was to lose a certain amount of weight, and I just I thought this was so interesting because I said to her, Oh, in the project, like we do heart heart scentered desires. Yeah, and it's like, if it truly is a heart centered desire that you need to lose, you know, takelo's whatever she wanted. I'm happy for that, but I would just love to dig a bit deeper here. And then so I said to her, like, why do you want to lose this weight? And she goes, oh, well, you know, I just want to feel better and I want to be able to run around, run around with my kids, and you know, to feel sex in front of my husband and blah blah blah. And I said, you know, like I kept asking her this, but yeah, okay, but why And then we kind of got to the bottom of it, and it's because she had put a you know, action of society of she needs to be a certain size to be happy. And then when we got down to it, she's like, it's actually nothing to do with the way, it's to do with this other thing I want. That was yes, to do with her health, but you know, I mean like she had let society decide what success meant for her rather than being like, no, actually, what feels like for me personally? If you know, there wasn't all these magazines with women's size fucking six and all these things around me, what would I actually want?
Speaker 2: And then her.
Speaker 1: Desire to end up being something so different and so beautiful. And it was just so interesting because I think we get very like, yeah, stuck on what we think we should want, not what we actually want.
Speaker 5: And this year, like, in a word or two, what is success for you?
Speaker 2: Success for me? Like I was saying at the start, is my time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so having my time with Ivy, having my time with Tim, and having my time with myself.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: That is like the biggest If I get to the end of the year and I've ticked off those things consistently, I'd be like amazing, even if my fucking business is burned to the ground.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like tick tick tick tic dick would be best hashtag success.
Speaker 1: Another big thing too, like I said, is those sort of heart scented things that are really important to me and making sure I have been integrity when.
Speaker 2: Going towards my goals.
Speaker 1: Something interesting that came up when I was going through my goals at the start of the year is Naked Harvest has always been you know, eco conscious, and it's always we call it like one.
Speaker 2: Of our pillars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but from the start, like we've been very conscious. And then just maybe two years ago, we did this whole thing where all our you know, the way that we pack a box, our feeling, everything was recyclable and we partnered with this really amazing business and they helped us make everything recyclable and we had this really beautiful journey.
Speaker 2: Obviously there's always more to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I kind of then obviously went into motherhood and that kind of just got put on the back.
Speaker 2: Burner, of course.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because it's like something came up when I was doing my goals and I was like, that is such a huge.
Speaker 2: Thing for me personally.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because like when I got down to the why, it's because, you know, like me and Cooper, we grew up on a farm, Like we grew up my mom like we had goat's milk from the goat outside. My mom is so like into you know, like making sure everything's natural and no chemicals and you know, everything like that, and that's what's very embedded in us and the reason why we started a natural supplement business. But then also being conscious of the environment. And I realized that got put to a back burner and so I was like, no, I'm not gonna make I want Naked Harvest to make this amount of money this year. I want us to continue on our eco conscious journey. And I'm probably gonna get killed for saying this, but like a big goal that I have is by twenty twenty four being like completely eco conscious, yeah, in every aspect of n H. And I've ready setup meetings and I've ready, you know, started to do that. And that's what feels so good, Like even making those little steps of making the meeting with the person who can do fully recyclable packaging and like all these things and it just felt so like aligned and good.
Speaker 3: And it's so exciting.
Speaker 1: It's so exciting, Like you can probably see now a tier like my face lights up when I talk about it, and I think, this is what I'm saying about evolution is there will be some years where it is I want my company to make this amount of money. Yeah, and that is fine. Yeah, but it's just about constantly checking. In another little example, I was actually telling a to your off airs shrewd Ol. Yes, So going kind of, you know, with the eco conscious situation is I'm due to get a new car and I have had on my vision board for a very long time a certain Maserati.
Speaker 2: Which we love, which we love. She's gorgeous and we love her.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting because I had a conversation with Tim and he's like, you know, you're talking about you wanting to be eco conscious with naked Harvest. And we also made the decision to get solo on our house, so our house is very eco conscious and all these things and blah blah blah, and obviously I'm not perfect, but it's like these little steps. And I will never say I'm one hundred percent eco conscious or anything like that, because I know people come after me. But he said, it's interesting that the car you want is a Maserati that choose up a lot of diesel, and he's not eco conscious. Always like oh no no, and then Tim, so Tim's always been obsessed with Tesla's.
Speaker 2: And then Tim's like, you should get.
Speaker 5: It to.
Speaker 2: That wiped out and you just want a Tesla.
Speaker 1: But and then I started thinking about it, and I was like, to be very honest with you guys, the Maserati very much feeds into my ego and my old definition of success, which again I want to stress is so fine.
Speaker 2: Sometimes yeah, it is so fine.
Speaker 1: But in that moment, I really like, I had a big think about it, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Like he's so right.
Speaker 1: And then we went in testro some Tesla's and I was like, oh my god, I feel like I'm in a fucking space ship.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: And I love that it literally says sixty percent emissions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: So then I did a lot of research in it and was listening to podcasts and I was like, no, this is you know, this is right decision. And so I may be picking up my new Tesla soon.
Speaker 2: But it's so interesting because once I.
Speaker 1: Then like, I felt so fucking good and I was like, oh my god, no, this feels really good. And it's funny because like I personally think Tesla's are just like so quirky and the like I would not say, they're like a quote unquote cool car, and.
Speaker 2: That's something I'm into.
Speaker 1: If you haven't noticed with cars like I, you know, yeah, like I can happily say that to you guys. And it's funny because I'm like, I really don't care because it's like it's something that is inteke rule to what I want to make happen this year, and I'd really like big goal in that way. And then once I kind of wratch my head around that, I'm like, oh my god, I'm so excited and it feels so good, and it's okay if you know, you don't think it's a quote unquote success or you know what, it feels fucking good to me. Yeah, and it feels like, oh my god, No, she's in line with her values and that is success to me.
Speaker 3: I love that so much.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to take you in my car. I can't wait to get your.
Speaker 1: So that is kind of like my journey of what success means to me.
Speaker 2: And I love that you're kind of similar.
Speaker 1: And a big thing, like you said, is like, you know, you might get the promotion or get the money or get the whatever, but at what cost?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I think you're realizing the happiness aspect.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: And I think something that's shifted for me this year in is like how I'm measuring success for myself for the year. So tell us, Yeah, my three words for this year three three, So success for me this year will be risk taking, consistency, and integrity.
Speaker 2: I love this so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if I get through the year and I've taken risks and I've gotten comfortable being uncomfortable and grown as a person, even if even if the risks didn't work, I would be successful for me. If I've stayed consistent with goals and habits and routines. That success for me, And if if everything I do is in line and brings me joy, and isn't, like you mentioned, integral to who I am as a person, like that I will feel good at the end of the year. Like it's not about getting material things this year. Last year it was like some design things.
Speaker 2: It was last year. I love it.
Speaker 1: Like last year we were like bougie bitches.
Speaker 2: This year, like we are monks. Material things mean nine. But that's also I still would like.
Speaker 3: Some nice things.
Speaker 5: But it's not my death, Like, it's not the box I have to tick to feel good at the end of the year. It's completely different to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's incredible. And so this is what's so beautiful about this conversation and Tia, if someone might be listening and they're like, no, no, no, I've done all that shit the last couple of years, and this is the year I buy a maserati, So do it. That's amazing. Make sure it's like you have defined it for you. Yeah, and it feels really good, and don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks.
Speaker 2: Literally, I love that.
Speaker 1: You also said it's like you tick off those things and it doesn't matter if they don't work out.
Speaker 5: It's just that I did it. Yeah, yeah, and that I tried and I think as well. Success is being misunderstood. Yes, if I might be a bit of a sicko for saying tell us if people don't understand what I'm saying, not like because it's too intelligent or things like that, but if my goals people are like, what the freak? I love it because I something I notice is that insanely successful people you don't understand what they're doing when they're doing it but a way, and then the world catches up to them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they're literally like crazy in like the best.
Speaker 3: Way, best way ever.
Speaker 5: And I feel like people forget that when it's happening, Like people thought Steve Jobs was insane, like clinically he got kicked out of Apple for a portion in a time and then they've got him back. But like you see, I see the cycle repeating with Elon Musk, and like, I'm not saying he's not problematic, but you see how people are reacting to the things he's doing. I'm reacting to the things he's doing the way people react to Steve Jobs, and I have to pull myself up being like, hang on, sane, this guy's probably onto something. And I'm gonna realize five years too late, let me actually investigate and I want to be that.
Speaker 1: Well something I love that you said right then and like, let's actually unpack this and get into this because I love that this is one of your goals too. But like, would you not argue that the most successful people are the biggest risk takers and those people those risks at the time. The reason why they're fucking called risks is they're misunderstood. Yeah, and they don't make sense.
Speaker 2: That's literally why it's called a risk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what.
Speaker 3: That's so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, legit, I was still thinking, I'm like, what did I just say?
Speaker 3: Brian's explode?
Speaker 1: So this is Oh my god. I love that we've gone here. Yeah, this is so interesting. Of like I would love you guys to think of just like this year, like what risk can you take in a quest, you know, for your success?
Speaker 2: What feels really good for you?
Speaker 1: And it might not make sense to anyone else And that is okay.
Speaker 3: It might not even make sense to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, why am I getting obsessed with this?
Speaker 1: Saying yeah, and I love that too, because that is so that's so true. Like all the successful people that we know and love, like at the time took these huge risks, not even huge risk, but like I feel like they consistently took risks every time and like you'd get knocked back. I'm just thinking, and I know I tell the story fucking every time, but it's like the time that I spent forty five thousand dollars on a business coach when I was.
Speaker 2: Only sixty thousand.
Speaker 1: That's doing that literally gives a tear anxiety. But do you I mean like I was like so in the zone and I was like, no, fuck it, I don't want any money this year. I want to loan because that was my definition of success.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it didn't make sense to anyone else, but it made sense to me. Oh my god, we're getting so aggressively.
Speaker 3: I love that story and it does make me feel sick.
Speaker 5: Still so much money, but like exactly, like that was success for you. That year was investing in yourself and growing and becoming this.
Speaker 2: Whole in high level coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was like, no, I want to do the thing and I don't want it to take five years.
Speaker 2: I want to do it in six months.
Speaker 5: Exactly, And you do and I did, and I think that's exactly.
Speaker 2: So just do the guys do the thing.
Speaker 5: And take the risk because you'll show the rest of the world, not even the rest of the world, because everyone's gonna tell you you're crazy.
Speaker 3: Like everyone is gonna tell you you're.
Speaker 5: Crazy unless you're surrounded by some really high vibe people, which if you are hold on to them, people are gonna tell you you're crazy. And take the risk anyway and see how far that propels you. And the thing I've started telling myself is even if you don't get propelled as far as you think, you have to take a few steps back to be able to leap forward.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And that's again like you getting to decide what success means to you. Like in society, if you take a step back, that's quote unquote not success.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you switch your mentality and you're like, no, no, I'm taking a step back, so then I can sling shot and quantum leap over here. Yeah, and it's like no one does like no one does, like no one doesn't.
Speaker 2: Wow, put the back in. No one has to understand accept you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in conclusion, guys, I think I'd really love for you to think, like, what does success currently mean for you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Does it come from like a heart scented place or is that maybe something that has been put in you from society or your parents or your friends, Like is it really what success means for you? And you know, maybe redefining it and just asking is it integral with you know, what's truly on your heart and making sure that you're not you know, getting to success in this way of at what cost? And that's like my favorite thing to teach in the project is you know, I talk a lot about alignment where I'm like, no, trust me.
Speaker 2: You get to do the thing and it gets to feel easy and flowy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if something is feeling so far fucking.
Speaker 2: Hard, you need to shift, you need to change.
Speaker 1: Because anytime that I feel like I'm like really on that you know, next level, and it's like I'm doing the thing, it's it's still doing work and it's still doing the thing, but you have this feeling of like, holy fuck, this feels so good to me and I can show up and I can do this thing with ease and flow.
Speaker 5: I would say as well as like take a look at things that you wish you had maybe done in previous years and make that one of your words of success for twenty twenty three. Like, the reason risk taking and consistency is there for me is because those are two things that I've I've struggled with in the past. Like I struggled to be consistent. I'll have a really burst of motivation, be super strong and get somewhere and then drop off.
Speaker 3: And I'm never.
Speaker 5: Gonna get to where I want to go if I keep dropping off, and it just makes it that much harder. And then with risk taking, I'll get to a certain point and then I just like would not do it. So it's like I have to stop being such a chicken.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love that you have three words.
Speaker 5: Too, Yeah, and I would I would recommend everyone to like maybe find three words or three values, like yours was time, but you still had three measures of what you wanted your time to consist of.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So guys.
Speaker 1: In conclusion, like the concept of success is simple.
Speaker 2: But it's not easy.
Speaker 1: It's not easy to you know, get your hands dirty and dive head first into uncertainty, and it's not easy to shake up your world and go after something that terrifies you. But it's so much better than like staying stagnant and staying where you are because you're you know, too afraid to make that move, like very much what you said it to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like frozen, and.
Speaker 1: You know, like playing the waiting game is only going to keep you further from living your dream reality. So take the risks, redefine what success means for you.
Speaker 2: And do the thing. Thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much, bye, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great