Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms. Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 2: You are back with Flexi and through me and Flexi, I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: Are you ready question? Please keep your ears open.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's a difference between mean, nasty and rude?
Speaker 1: Mmmm mmmmm.
Speaker 2: Rude?
Speaker 3: I think is incidental and in the eye of the recipient. You know, like some people perceive passive behavior to be rude, nervous behavior to be rude. Generationally, some things are considered rude when really they're just not a social norm anymore.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 3: Wearing a hat indoors is considered rude. You know, using a phone during a meeting is considered rude. Sometimes we dabble, so I think, yeah, that's just like it's incidental.
Speaker 1: We all fall victim to it.
Speaker 3: We don't always mean it, but it happens me, I would think, is usually an action that is like starting with you, Sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Was playing on my phone to be rude. You didn't even notice. Oh sorry, another one that didn't land.
Speaker 3: Pardon me, It's okay, walk it off, okay, Mean, I would say, is often what happens as a result of you feeling bad. I'm having a bad day. Therefore I might act mean. Usually I don't think it's about you. It's more about how I'm feeling. And then as a result, you're impacted by what I'm going through. And then nasty is pointed like I'm trying to hurt your feelings today.
Speaker 1: What do you reckon?
Speaker 2: You've done a pretty good summation, Thank you, I would say, sir. I agree that rude is cross generational. It's also stars of communication. Oh yeah, Like I've got some friends that are very direct with me.
Speaker 1: Are the friends that are.
Speaker 2: Totally indirect and then get mad and are passive and like, now that I've known them for many years, I know neither of.
Speaker 1: Them being rude.
Speaker 2: It's just their way of speaking to me. Ye mean, mean is mean spirited. I think people that are mean someone's been mean to them. Like, I think it's a transference.
Speaker 1: Hurt people, hurt.
Speaker 2: People precisely, And I think nasty is of a similar strain.
Speaker 1: But it's turbocharged. Ooh nasty.
Speaker 3: It's like calikush, what's that? Oh, I've had enough?
Speaker 1: What's that? Nasty is like.
Speaker 3: It's tricky because I don't think I would use the phrase nasty, but you know, a nasty person.
Speaker 1: Nasty, that's like, that's like a next level. It's like you you do that rancid whoa, whoa, whoa whoa?
Speaker 2: What would I rather be? I would rather be rude, of course, I don't want to be mean. I think in order from worst to best, nasty is the worst you can be. Mean is bad, but also your actions can just be considered mean when you're just looking out for yourself, and rude is definitely the most plausible deniability accountability moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah she was so rude, she's so mean, she was so nasty. Yeah, I take rude. Yeah, it will take rude.
Speaker 3: I mean, granted, you've got to be all of them at any given point. No one's worse than the other. Like you have some nasty people who are really quite polite.
Speaker 1: In doing so.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So I was watching this TikTok of.
Speaker 3: It was like this skit of your mum who's just noticed that your friends bleached their eyebrows, and they start saying all this backward, just like insincere stuff, and you're kind of like, that's quite nasty.
Speaker 1: It's not really rude. It's like not really hitting that. It's like babes.
Speaker 3: You don't need to be doing all of that. The tone is polite, but it's not good. So like, let's say, for an example, you showed me we're looking at a piece of art. We're at an art gallery, some local artists. We're looking at it. We clearly don't like it. Someone says to us, what do you think? And we're like, ah, not for us, but you know, it's nice rude to rude, okay, just practicing, okay, just practicing, developing our craft.
Speaker 1: We've come to a good summation. We would like to be rude.
Speaker 2: If you've ever been rude to you, this is a get out of free pass and it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 3: I would love to know if people to be preferred to be seen as passive, aggressive or aggressive, like progressive in like in an ideal world, if people could only see you as two things, passive, aggressive or aggressive, which would you prefer?
Speaker 1: Regressive or aggressive? Said aggressive twice. Sounds like you're saying regressive. Sorry, I'm mumbling. I'd rather be I know. I don't want to discuss it. We're talking about it next thing. Year. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more tune indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.