Speaker 1: Britt, Laura and Mitch here on the pickup thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day. As you guys know, I'm the youngest person to ever be on radio in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: I'm a gen z.
Speaker 3: I think that's a lie.
Speaker 1: I'm a gen z baby, and I love TikTok and I love to bring you up to speed with big trends that are on the top. But the newest trend I think identifies YouTube perfectly, and it's called girl math.
Speaker 4: I got a Starbucks today that was four and ninety anything undred five dollars. Feels like it's pretty much free. Cral math return something else Zara for fifty dollars. Bought something else that was one hundred dollars. It only costs me fifty dollars prol math true. Even like tickets that I buy months in advance, I show up to the concert and I'm like, this was like a free concert, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, this isn't good. Surely everyone just maths like this. Surely when you get a refund for something like if you've bought something online and then you return it because you spent that money ages ago, it's already come out of your account. It's kind of just free money. Spend it again totally, it doesn't go back in. It's just free for whatever use or whatever purpose you need.
Speaker 6: Girl.
Speaker 1: Math, If I pay for something with cash, oh, that was a free little gift. If i's a five dollar note for a coffee, that's a free coffee.
Speaker 3: How do you justify that?
Speaker 5: So how do you justify when you have physical, tangible money in your hands, because it literally never happens. Everyone pays for everything on their phones these days. How do you justify that that's not real money?
Speaker 6: Because I found that money, I not the same. I'll put my hand in the pocket. There's fifty dollars and I'm like, free money.
Speaker 2: It's free.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a fell from a tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Is it a case though, where if it doesn't affect your banking, like if you go on too your internet banking and the numbers in your internet banking stay the same. Like, if that is static, that's the real money. So anything in addition to that is just it's play money.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: The other thing for me is what I do and this is so bad, but like when you buy something for fifty dollars, but then you can get two of them for ninety dollars. You're like, well, I'm going to get two because I'm saving money. Like, I'm going to break this down, do the math. I've actually saved money.
Speaker 2: In fact, you.
Speaker 3: Didn't need two of the same things, so you spent forty extra dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you made it. You got free postage, I'm sure, free shipping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you spend fifty dollars more to get the five dollars for shipping.
Speaker 2: Girl math.
Speaker 1: That's girl math thirteen six five. Why don't we try to implement some girl math? Hi Ella, what what purchase are you trying to justify?
Speaker 6: I've wanted an infrared sauna at the house, like purchase a large purchase of a sauna at my home for a long time.
Speaker 3: But the justification for me is you can't put a price sag on hell.
Speaker 4: First of all.
Speaker 6: Secondly, you're gonna be making money because you're not spending money going to the doctor when you get sick.
Speaker 2: We're going to do this, We'll do the girl math.
Speaker 5: I like, you're trying to justify it to us, so already, that's that's our job.
Speaker 3: How much you can buy it, you can buy it.
Speaker 2: How much is how much?
Speaker 4: Five grand?
Speaker 5: It's five grand?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a car. That's a second handcut.
Speaker 3: No, that is the best five green you're ever going to sell. I'm pro infrared sauna, so hear.
Speaker 2: Me out the math.
Speaker 3: First of all, you're gonna be saving time. Time. You can't put a number on time. You can't put a value on time.
Speaker 6: The time it takes to walk to the car, get in the cart, book an appointment at a sauna in town. You might hit traffic. You've wasted half an hour you get to the sauna. That's an hour you've got to wrap up.
Speaker 3: Pay. You've got a cost of paying.
Speaker 6: Got the time you just spend getting to the sauna, getting the car, drive back home. You're facing more traffic. This is extra time. By the time you get home. You have saved well, I can't tell you because there's no number on time, but you've saved a lot. Said that, you've saved a lot of money. It could have just been one day, but you've saved You have saved so much money because you can just walk into your backyard, jump in the sauna. I spend as much time if you want to get out and make a phone call, which is also time jump back in.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Also, you're gonna sweat yourself out. You're going to be lighter.
Speaker 1: You're going to be lighter, meaning you can walk faster, which means you can get to place as quicker, which means you can make more money.
Speaker 5: There's so many health benefits to having a sauna, so you're gonna live longer and your other things put a price on that.
Speaker 6: You're going to save money on socializing because you're going to have sauna parties or your friends are going to want to come to your house for a sauna. So you're not going out for drinks, you're not going out for food, You're having a sauna party.
Speaker 3: Yes, just value that. We've just done it. You've just saved five grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah done, She's done it.
Speaker 5: I hope that nobody else calls us because this is a really irresponsible segment.
Speaker 3: Like I'm going to say this.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should buy the sauna. I think it's a terrible investment. Go ahead if you mask.
Speaker 6: I have a sauna in my basket at home. I've just got a pressent just like waiting for me to.
Speaker 5: I just don't put the what's it called the little vacuum thing on in the in the shower, and I just stand in there and heat it right up.
Speaker 2: Ma comes in and he's like, put the exhaust storm.
Speaker 3: We're getting mold vacuum things. Anyway, you don't need it. Don't do a girl math is stupid.
Speaker 1: Next week on the show, let's do girl math for mortgages and houses. That could be fun, but we all have to pay that regardless of girl math.
Speaker 2: All right. Next on the show, Laura, I had something.
Speaker 5: Wildly mortifying happened to me just yesterday. It happened in a group chat, and look, I'm looking forward to sharing this with you.
Speaker 2: It's truly mortifying. Okay, that's next on the Pickup