Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community.
Speaker 2: We pay our respect to their.
Speaker 1: Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Street Island people's today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadiger Land of the Aurora Nation.
Speaker 3: Around Australia and My Heart Radio Hockley and Laura Burns.
Speaker 4: You might say, tell your dog to your friends and shared a love because the.
Speaker 2: Life on Cut radio show does.
Speaker 3: Yes, it does. Hello, Laura burn Does that laugh make you sad?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's sure. I'm just happy to be here with you.
Speaker 3: Great to be here one on one this week. Baby.
Speaker 5: There is an empty seat right there where Brittany Hockley usually sits.
Speaker 2: She's gone. I was about to say, stand sits. Who knows what she does?
Speaker 3: She sits. She's a real sitter, that Brittain. If she's anything in the world, it's a sit up.
Speaker 2: Where is she?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what I was going to ask you the same thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't really know that.
Speaker 5: She started doing something very exciting and very secret, and she'll be back.
Speaker 3: In due time. We're not worried about.
Speaker 2: No, we're not. We're not anyway, how have you been?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good. I'm glad to do this one on one with you. It feels like a long time coming.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I happened? Since? When? How long has it been coming for? I've been planning, just waiting for Brittie Hockley to have a sink.
Speaker 6: Dawn check my boot.
Speaker 3: BRIT's like, hell, do.
Speaker 2: You know what happened to me? On the way here?
Speaker 5: I got anuther car, walked to go and get a coffee, drop the kids off, got back in the car and I was like, oh, this coffee doesn't smell very good.
Speaker 2: I'd walked through somebody's.
Speaker 5: Unpicked up dog poo and then walked it straight through my car, and now it's baking into the carts.
Speaker 3: We just left it to do to come here. What else can you do?
Speaker 2: I don't know, find some baby ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe I just.
Speaker 5: Think anyone who leaves that sitting like on the meeting stream anywhere, you're a deplorable human.
Speaker 3: I completely agree. That's disgusting. And actually, you know what, I could smell it and I didn't want to bring it out that's not on my shoes a little bit, and there's a big show a new Fidell will be here from My Kitchen Rules.
Speaker 5: Yes, I love Manu, but I also I think I love him because I'm such a bad cook. So for me, looking into the lives of people who can actually cook seems like such a novelty.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Children, and he's a he's a rich chef. Like he's been around. He can do some good food.
Speaker 2: Just think he's a rich chef.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rich chef like wealthysh like he's got. He's doing really well for himself.
Speaker 2: My Kitchen Rules has been going for quite a few it has Oh we're also talking.
Speaker 5: I want to know and actually I want to ask you this question. Yeah, what's the pettiest thing that you've done in a breakup.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit messy when it comes to breakup.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit petty too.
Speaker 3: I've got I'm really petty. I've got I've got let me hold them.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm also very competitive, So let's see who's the pettiest.
Speaker 3: You know, he's having a good Saturday. Scott Morrison, Minister of Everything.
Speaker 2: He's not anymore, is he?
Speaker 3: We know he's still technically I don't know how that works if you missed it. This week it was revealed that at the height of the pandemic, Scott Morrison, now then Prime Minister, elected himself.
Speaker 2: He appointed himself Minister of everything.
Speaker 3: Five different things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, send I have them, of Health, of Finance, of Treasury, of Home Affairs and Resources.
Speaker 2: It's of everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's talking about this. The memes were funny. Just see the memes.
Speaker 5: Do you know what my favorite one was. I know we shouldn't laugh because it's actually very serious. It is, but you know that's not what our job is, so okay. My favorite one was him sitting at the table, at the table. He was Jesus, he was sitting at there, what's the last supper?
Speaker 3: He was like, why is that funny?
Speaker 2: Because feel like we were playing a game of charades.
Speaker 5: Then he's sitting at the table the last supper, but his face had been superimposed onto all the apostles.
Speaker 3: Now that's funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 3: The thing is, I think he's got it the wrong way around. To be sure we could sit here and criticized Chom. I think it was stupid. But he's adding more work to a very intense job.
Speaker 5: I do everything I can to do less work, that's right.
Speaker 3: I think, if anything, he should have been offloading gigs to other people. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So actually what you're saying is that he maybe he did even better job because he was trying to do everything. Think about a micro manager right there. Yeah, okay, Well, maybe we should offload some jobs.
Speaker 3: Do you think we should do some Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we do too much.
Speaker 3: Do your podcast. You're a mum, you're a business owner.
Speaker 2: Keep going, You've.
Speaker 3: Got good I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't have time to Maybe if I offloaded some jobs, I could have better hair.
Speaker 3: Why don't we just call some people in our lives and offload them some jobs that we don't want to do anymore.
Speaker 2: There's quite a few.
Speaker 3: What do you call my mom? Bless my mom?
Speaker 2: What do you want to offload to your mom?
Speaker 5: Well, Brittany's not here this far, mate, Brittany already offloaded her entire job.
Speaker 3: She didn't even show up. I've got my mom here, this is Michelle. Let's give her. Let's give her a role. Hi mom, Hi Mom, Hi am Hi Laura. I don't know if I'm speaking at a term me, but I think we like to offer you the role of minister. Actually, let's do chief understudy officer.
Speaker 6: Yes, and what does that?
Speaker 7: What's the job description?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 5: Basically we want to work less and so we would like you to do our very important job of hosting the show.
Speaker 3: If one of us fall sick or ill.
Speaker 2: Oh, it just needs day off.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I think I could do that.
Speaker 2: We've done.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, as you're swearing in ceremony, Mum, tell dad, tell me that was see next Saturday.
Speaker 2: Actually I won't be having the week after.
Speaker 3: Thanks. He's so cute.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Who else? This is liberate?
Speaker 2: All right? Well can we if we're really going to go for it, can you please call matt and palm off some of my parenting.
Speaker 3: Duties your partnerships.
Speaker 5: I mean to be fair, I'm here in his parenting right now, so I've already done that.
Speaker 3: Wait, what are we going to make him? Give him some parenting jobs?
Speaker 2: Give him the head of parenting job.
Speaker 3: I've got I think Mattie's I'm Maddie.
Speaker 2: Hi are you flushing the toilet?
Speaker 6: I was doing a week.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that you flush. You don't normally what a treat.
Speaker 5: Look, we're doing something very important here. We are offloading some important jobs, and I would like to w head of parenting.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, to be fair, I do most of the work anyway, so it's no difference to me.
Speaker 2: Well, now you have an official title. I think that's a yes.
Speaker 3: Is that a yes?
Speaker 6: I mean, do I get paid more?
Speaker 3: We can talk. He's except printing. You get a sash and an office.
Speaker 2: Verbal contracts are very important, all right.
Speaker 3: We send a lot of email planning this show, organizing it, booking in guests, you and I talking about what we're going to do. I think we should get a Minister of communication.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe just a PA.
Speaker 5: The Minister of communication sounds better, So I think that that would be a more enticing job role.
Speaker 3: You know who's good at sending an email? Our boss, Richie rich I've just caught him up, Richie, Richie, there, I am you are.
Speaker 5: He's so good at Richie very good at sending emails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really very good at communicating.
Speaker 8: Well, I traum my hardest. I wouldn't say I'm very good at it. I mean I can do it.
Speaker 6: I'm competent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I know.
Speaker 2: I think you excel at it. I think there's one of your should be top of Bridge May and.
Speaker 3: Laura and I just don't have the time to send or receive emails. So what we're going to get you to do is, as our minister of communication, you'll be receiving and sending all of our emails.
Speaker 5: Which means that you may need to reply to yourself quite often, but I think that'll be okay, more often than not.
Speaker 2: Is that okay? How do you feel about this, Richie?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Right, that's fine. I mean under one condition that you find me a couple of washed up reality hopes and.
Speaker 2: An you know what we've got, So it's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beg you, Richie. That's our minister of communication.
Speaker 2: So nice when your boss says nice things about you. Thanks you for your goodies. All right, I reckon. Last person we need to.
Speaker 3: Call is your partner, my beloved Hayden. Yeah, I reckon.
Speaker 2: There's some things around your house you can offload.
Speaker 3: Plenty of things. I think he's here. This is him now, high Hayden, you're there. Yeah, you're at home right, brilliant and Laura and I've been talking.
Speaker 2: What are you doing at home right now?
Speaker 9: I'm working.
Speaker 3: Interesting, so is Schoma. And he's still had time to appoint himself five extra rolls. I'd like to offer you the role of Minister of Domestic Affairs.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Rule number one.
Speaker 3: Of business always asked before your side.
Speaker 5: I don't think you know what that entails. That A lot of cooking and cleaning.
Speaker 3: Crazy, surely it entails for salary. Oh no, no, no, But a lot of hugs and a lot of love. Thank you so much, minister.
Speaker 2: He really went the tone drop, didn't it? Okay?
Speaker 3: But from excitement to terror it was terrified.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that means we get a week off next week.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, yeah, you and I want coffee. We've got nothing else to do. Mitch.
Speaker 2: Did you see and it was all in the news last week? Did you see the woman who had taken.
Speaker 5: Out a full page ad last her ex for cheating on her I did.
Speaker 3: It was in Australia, right, It was in Queensland.
Speaker 5: It was, yeah, it was in Queensland, of course, newspaper was it in It was like in Mackay or something.
Speaker 3: It was a regional Crocodiles were in the area, that's how I Yeah.
Speaker 5: The front page was a picture of a crocodile, and inside the second page it was this it was, Dear Steve. This is a full page ad, mind you. Yeah, black and white, just white background, very impactful. Dear Steve, I hope you were happy with her. Now the whole town will know what a filthy cheeter you are. From Jenny, ps, I bought this ad using your credit card.
Speaker 3: Now that's badass.
Speaker 2: I just really enjoyed it, Yes, like really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I wonder how much that would have cost you. That'd be a couple of grand for a full page cost her.
Speaker 2: Nothing cost him a bit though.
Speaker 5: Good point got me thinking, because like this has been doing the rounds for the past week. Some people are saying she's amazing. Apparently there's a lot of police officers in Mackay named Steve who have had a bit of a problem with it. Women named Jenny anyway, No, they like people have thought that it was them. Oh no, because there's another couple, a police officer, a couple called Jenny and Steve got us.
Speaker 3: It's caused a lot of local drama.
Speaker 5: Yes, but it got me thinking about what the pettiest thing I ever did in a breakup?
Speaker 3: Oh you'd be I'm petty too, I know you'd be petty.
Speaker 5: And also I hold a bit of a grudge, like I'm a grudgy, petty like break up person.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't go nice together.
Speaker 3: What have you done?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: So I was going to the Philippines with my then boyfriend. I'd booked the tickets, I had all the ticket details, and then I found out that he cheated on me, so coled obviously.
Speaker 2: We had a few chats about it and.
Speaker 5: I didn't want him to come to the Philippines with me. I was like, I want to change the flight details and take my girlfriend and he said no, he was like I'm still going to go.
Speaker 3: And so you confronted about the cheating and everything.
Speaker 5: Everything it was their relationship was over, and he was like, I'm still going to go to the Philippines for a holiday, and he wouldn't let me change the tickets into my awkward well also like I'd.
Speaker 2: Paid for them. It was my holiday anyway.
Speaker 5: So because we weren't talking anymore, and I called up Sabu the airline, I was like, how do.
Speaker 2: I change the flight details?
Speaker 5: And they were like, look, you need to have a passport, photo of the passport and assigned contract to say that it's fine to change his name. We weren't speaking, so I called up his housemate and I was like, hey, let's change his name to David.
Speaker 2: Hi, David.
Speaker 5: I've left some staff at the house. Can you let me in because I don't want to speak to so and so. Can you let me in so I can come get my staff? And he was like yeah, so sorry, so sorry, what's happened? He lets me in.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I sneak into his room.
Speaker 5: I take a photo of his passport, I forged his signature.
Speaker 2: Me and my girlfriend rocked up at the airport and there he was. Now I was able to get on the.
Speaker 3: Flight, so he was there too, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And doesn't even know what I did.
Speaker 5: Well now, and do you know what, it's more than ten years ago, so I'm sure there's some statutory limitations.
Speaker 2: It can't be fine, No, No, you're fine, fine, present everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I thought I was petty. All I did was I knew a breakup was coming when I was with my partner and then we had like a week on week off petrol thing where I'd pay for one tank, they'd pay for another, and it was definitely their week. But I knew I was breaking up with him the next week. So I'm no, it's definitely your week, babe.
Speaker 2: This is that's real. Actually, maybe mine's not petty, mine's criminal.
Speaker 3: They're very different. One's a crime, one's just petty.
Speaker 2: I want to know, though, This has got me thinking about all the petty staff that you have all done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we all do.
Speaker 5: It doesn't bring out the best in us in a breakup. No, what's the pettiest thing that you have done in a breakup?
Speaker 3: A or A brand the criminal that I'm sitting with right now, La.
Speaker 5: Look, we realized we've been talking about what's the pettiest thing that you did in a breakup? And then it dawned on me halfway through my story that it wasn't petty.
Speaker 2: It was just against the.
Speaker 3: Law, committed a crime. Yeah, you literally used it was identity fraud in a sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look it's just on Sabu air. Fine, it was.
Speaker 3: Quantas oh boy, behind bars. But we want to know thirteen one oh six five beat that, what is the pettiest thing you did during your breakup? It is called through Hi, Katie, give us your petty Hi.
Speaker 9: So my first one was.
Speaker 3: Got a list guys, Yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Do actually, so my boyfriend. He said he was going out for like a midnight meal, came back at two am. I was annoyed. We're on holidays at the time. I was like cleaning clothes and sink as you do, and I got angry. So I put his passport in.
Speaker 3: The sink running water.
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: But what country?
Speaker 9: We're in Italy at this stage.
Speaker 5: So that's very inconvenient for both of you because then he's going to be running around trying to go to passport office. Did you stay together or did you break up?
Speaker 9: We stayed together and the passport worked afterwards.
Speaker 5: Ah, so's little swim very petty, very petty.
Speaker 3: Did he did he go get dinner?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Were you just suspicious?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: What did he cheat?
Speaker 9: He went out and had a few drinks with his mates without telling me.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not that bad.
Speaker 2: I mean I probably wouldn't ruined his passport and chances of getting home. They're like, do you know what The weirdest part about this is not so much that he was going out at midnight to go for a drink. It's that you were doing the laundry at midnight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that there was a sink in your hotel room. What the hell, Katie? Or what story number two?
Speaker 9: So I don't remember why I got ang read in that at the.
Speaker 3: Time, but other way, this is toxic.
Speaker 9: We are still together. One I got angry and I scrubbed his toothbrushing in the toilet.
Speaker 3: Oh you did it, not nasty?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 2: Does he?
Speaker 3: He's so proud of it.
Speaker 9: He was a little bit intoxicated.
Speaker 4: I told him about it, but he's forgotten about it and he's still using the toothbrush.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm frightened at you, Katie. But yeah, what how are you going to justify these?
Speaker 9: I threw out the toothbrush and I replaced it with the back to look.
Speaker 3: Awye oh okay, see there's a bit of solid there.
Speaker 2: So terrible.
Speaker 3: Do you need to break up with his person?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This just like sounds call less when you do, and tell me the petty thing you did.
Speaker 3: Let's do Zara on thirteen one oh sixty five. Please tell us had a breakup?
Speaker 4: Zara, Yeah, obviously I've had a breakup.
Speaker 2: What petty things did you do?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's so petty. I used to call up I was seventeen, but I used to call up my boyfriend with a no caller ID, and then he'd like pick up and say hello, and I just hang up. I did it every single day for about three months.
Speaker 3: Straight after the breakup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what he just thought he was getting something from like a call center or something.
Speaker 4: No, he'd be like hi blank speaking, Like let's say his name is Joe, Hi Joe speaking, and then I just hang up.
Speaker 3: All right, you just ranked up credit. That's stupid. You have to pay the bills out.
Speaker 2: Challenging.
Speaker 9: So I was so hurt that he cheated on me that I would.
Speaker 3: Just call up. I think that's more sad. If anything, Zara, you hold on. NAT's out there. She works on the show. Nat says she's got something. Natty's so Petty's petty pretty.
Speaker 10: I enjoy being petty though, So I don't regret this.
Speaker 3: Yeah do I?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 3: What happened during the break Well, I broke up with my ex boyfriend.
Speaker 10: I was obviously I didn't do the breaking up. So I was heartbroken and I was hurt, and I wanted to get back.
Speaker 3: At him for hurting me.
Speaker 10: So I stilled the key to his house. I went to his house. I didn't break in I let myself in.
Speaker 2: That's it was kind of a break in since you probably weren't welcome in the house. Look, he knew I had the keys.
Speaker 3: We forgot about that. That's his fault.
Speaker 10: So I went in and stole the left shoe of every pair of his shoes so we didn't have a complete set, so he'd actually the house shoes.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 3: That's you know what these calls we need, we need theft stuff. I want to know what you stole from an ex?
Speaker 5: Well, we weren't really getting petty breakups, were we We were getting just petty.
Speaker 2: Things in it art break Okay? Yeah, what did you steal from your ex? Is probably a better one.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we get better calls. Yeah, thirteen one oh.
Speaker 5: Six five, nothing too criminal. No, we're not pets or anything or like super valuable stuff. I could go to jail four like iPhones and jewelry, But like, what else did you steal from your ex?
Speaker 3: Taking your calls on thirteen one oh six five were just asking what is the pettiest thing you did during your breakup?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Then we got some really random callers, and so we thought we would pivot and try something new.
Speaker 2: We wanted to know. Now, what did you steal it during a break up? Yeah, we've all done some things that we regret in the past.
Speaker 3: Well, Natt, who works here on the show, she stole all of her ex's left shoes.
Speaker 5: Do you know what it makes me think of when you walk into a shoe store and how they only always had the left out that you can't steal a pair.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's genius. Yes, you know they also staple them into the Mennicans, so you can't take them off the Megan.
Speaker 2: Why do you know that yet? Let's all right, things that we've stolen, Lauren?
Speaker 3: Hi, what did you steal from your ex?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 7: I took the big fancy bamboo bathtowel. I had just sniack them in my bag when she wasn't looking into those bad boys for coming with me.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many bath towels?
Speaker 9: Two?
Speaker 7: They were an engagement president and it was a bit of a petty break out with the division of things, and I knew it was going to be an argument, so I made sure I hid them in my bag and I ran out with them. I've still got them now, five years later.
Speaker 3: You ran out with them just a bag? You and the bath towl and that's an engagement breakup too. That's messy, but.
Speaker 7: Ok, it was worse and I got the towers out of the door.
Speaker 3: Really tow focus Maya on one of those things I've endo skin, Maya, What did you steal from your ex?
Speaker 11: So basically, well, when we broke up, it was it's kind of like an epic love story. But I stole the condoms because I knew I'd be using them that elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow, also wow.
Speaker 5: I mean protection is important, but I feel like taking all of someone's condoms when he comes home from a night out with a thinking he's going to get lucky, rolls over to the top drawer, they're all gone, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You also could have been fair, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like a power but also like do you want to use your ex's condoms that you could have used once upon a time with your ex?
Speaker 2: That feels weird too.
Speaker 11: Oh, But to be faggs because I threw him out the house, so I kept them and put them in the window when he was clicking his stuff. It was like, there's definitely marking mad.
Speaker 3: You had the power? Yeah, yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dude, I was like, you so mine now you could.
Speaker 3: Have just aimed bigger, like still the fridge or something like a box of five dollars convents the.
Speaker 2: Jewelry, like there's got to be something better in the house.
Speaker 3: Maya's standards are so well. I really showed him. I took the tooth picks.
Speaker 2: So did you hate the k y jelly as well?
Speaker 6: Alright?
Speaker 8: I knew would come deep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, I'm sure. All right. Alexandra's called on thirteen one o six five. Wrap this up for us? What did you steal from the breakup?
Speaker 7: Are ukulele?
Speaker 11: He was a top musician as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, Scott Morrison.
Speaker 3: Scott Morrison, Jenny's calling from the Shire A, Jenny, Oh.
Speaker 2: Let's go okay. Did he know that you'd taken his ukulele?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 11: He did notice. It's three weeks later and I didn't his.
Speaker 2: Death no good, lie, you die, that's the hill you die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, thank you.
Speaker 8: Alexandra.
Speaker 3: Our next guest, very exciting. A. You're watching my kitchen rules laws.
Speaker 5: I love my kitchen rules. I'm like the worst cook, very good at ordering on oo beets.
Speaker 3: I've noticed that every time I go out with you, you're like, let's get food and then the phone comes out, I'm like, go to the pantry.
Speaker 2: No, no, but no, I'm like, yeah, come over and I order for you. What do you want?
Speaker 3: You're very generous though you do pay, which is very nice. You're either like a Master Chef family or My Kitchen Rules family. I love my Kitchen Rules. At the moment, you got Nigella, and of course you've got Menu Fordelle who joins us? Now, hello mate?
Speaker 2: What he's going on in the background there? Man, are you slaughtering some pigs airportally?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're the same pig? Yeah, yeah, essentially the same. Hey, how are you? It's so good to have My Kitchen Rules back on our screen. A crazy, crazy new season with Nigella. I'm loving.
Speaker 6: Yes, Nagel is a gorgeous woman. I am an amazing human being, a red sunshine. It's the wonderful to be working with her.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Nigella, she's just left. We've got Matt Preston coming on.
Speaker 3: They did a little swap around, a little switchy roo.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Were you sad to see her go?
Speaker 6: Yes? I was, But you know, I also love working with mister He's a good man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister marsh he love you.
Speaker 5: Have been invited into many a households on my kitchen rules.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me? Because I am a very bad cook, so you would never come.
Speaker 3: Up it's really bad.
Speaker 5: Okay, but what is the worst meal that you've ever had in someone's house?
Speaker 6: Wow, there's been him and chef I were taking mk, we're taking friends and no, okay.
Speaker 2: Let's not.
Speaker 5: Let's not roast your friends and neighbors, I mean people on the show.
Speaker 2: Because that's bag ball mom used to make was terrible.
Speaker 6: I remember having that was years ago, so I won't remember who made it, but I remember it was in Queensland somewhere. Someone made a sweet corn soup with a fans quarted a piece of advocator in the middle of it. And I remember Pevens turning the plate side then and this didn't even didn't even't come out of the play well, like.
Speaker 2: It was like like solid soup that you can't even call that's pudding that's.
Speaker 6: Glued to the plate.
Speaker 3: Oh no, there's the thing that I find interesting. Right, So you're like the running in the family is the chef bloodline, right. Your grandfather was a pastry chef, your father was a chef, Your cousin is a chef. But you studied to be in a circus when you're kid? Is that true?
Speaker 6: Yes, it is one hundred percent through. I've always wanted to be an entertainer, didn't get to do that job, but ended up being a shave And actually I've got the best of both worlds.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a circus, isn't it? Doing reality TV?
Speaker 5: What were you doing though when you were when you were practicing or studying to be in a circus, Like what what was your niche of circus tricks?
Speaker 3: Are you juggling.
Speaker 6: With that cravat?
Speaker 2: And thought? And I was like, that's a weird one.
Speaker 3: That's a different shadow thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, a cravats. Yes, so it's because the French EXTENTSI you're not used to it. And then I've did Kevinen juggling unicycling and allow very impressive.
Speaker 3: Did you have a circus fleeing? Like is everyone in the circus getting with each other? I love it. I love a reality show based in the circus.
Speaker 6: That would be fantastic. I mean the circus is different together what it used to be. I mean now just in a pretty much amazing artist. Yeah, and touching, you know they you look at the compared to what Circus used to be is very different things.
Speaker 5: Well twenty twenty three pile at week. I feel like you've got an idea there, Midge. I want to know now I've heard that you have a beautiful romantic meet cute about how you met your wife?
Speaker 2: Can you let us know how you guys? We love we love love here at Life on Card. How did the show of you meet?
Speaker 6: It's funny because people find it strange, but it's the old school staff. It's going clubbing, meeting a girl on a vent law and then you know.
Speaker 2: It's hard heard it was Ivy Bar.
Speaker 3: You met at Ivy Bar?
Speaker 6: Yes, well we first we first met in at least going too level six.
Speaker 3: What happens level little six? Huh?
Speaker 6: Well, it's the VIP, the VIP club of stage. And then a class and a bunch of friends were kind of lost. I don't know where they were going, so I said, well, why don't you follow ladies?
Speaker 3: And then oh, what a cute story. Add that to the book.
Speaker 5: Doesn't happen to anyone these days, does it? No one meets at nightclubs anymore.
Speaker 3: No, no, but Manudel, it happens to him the French God. I want to ask Manu. We do a segment here on the lifelon Cut radio show called head Lies. So we scour the internet. We get a bunch of headlines that have been written about you. Some are real, some are completely made up, and it's your job to debunk reeal or fake. You want to play it, all right, we'll do it. We're playing one of our favorite segments ever, headles. Headline.
Speaker 5: This is your opportunity, because there's always things that are written, you know, in the daily mail and elsewhere. It's your opportunity to tell us the truth behind the story. All right, here is one. That was it the moment Manu thought his TV career was over?
Speaker 6: That's true?
Speaker 3: Oh true, it's real. Oh my god, Okay, what was it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What was the moment?
Speaker 6: Well, I just asked my job at Channel seven two years ago after COVID, and they just said that my channel wasn't going to come back, and after you know, twelve years. There was a bit of a shock and I thought, maybe this is maybe this is the end of my city career.
Speaker 3: Back to the circus, Maybe maybe you have to go back, but absolutely not. I've got one. What about this headline or headline inside Menu's intense beef with Matt Preston.
Speaker 6: That's false, completely false.
Speaker 2: The chefs love each other.
Speaker 6: There's never been any beef between the two of us or any with any other.
Speaker 3: I've seen an episode there was a bit of beef between you two, and you ate it. You dove right in and you came up and you said you actually it was real beef. It was actually quite tender.
Speaker 2: All right, you go, all right, I have one here.
Speaker 5: Manu shows off his extensive tattoo collection as he enjoys pool day during boys trip.
Speaker 6: Half true, half fall. I don't say you right, because.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I had to.
Speaker 6: I was showing my tattoos Port Douglas. But he was a taste of Port Douglas. He wasn't a boat treep. He was work.
Speaker 5: How many tattoos we talking? So we're showing off your tattoos?
Speaker 6: Stop?
Speaker 3: What would be the most shocking tattoo? If you were to say, I have this, what is it? What's the one that would shock us most?
Speaker 6: Well, it wouldn't shock you. But you don't understand now because you know my my my use. But I've got a circus them and set it on my back.
Speaker 3: At least it's on elephant trunk you know who knows where?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the front.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you're a good man if you want to get more of that and a bit of beef in between he and Matt Preston. Matt is now in instead of Nigella. My Kitchen Rules is on seven and seven plus. So good to chat to you, buddy, Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. Hello, it's Truy. Now we are nearing the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah we are.
Speaker 5: So there is something that you told me earlier and then you've been trying to get out of talking about for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. So we're on the air, we're playing songs. We don't just sit here and steer each other.
Speaker 2: We do sometimes lovingly. That's home longingly.
Speaker 3: Today we didn't. I was telling you about a work event we had, like a radio station team drinks. You and Brick couldn't come. That was just the bare bones of the team.
Speaker 2: That we we don't get invited to these things.
Speaker 3: Let's be real, you don't want to be invited to this party.
Speaker 2: Okay. So many drinks were had, much fun was had.
Speaker 3: And it's just that awkward thing when you're at work drinks. Right, when you're with friends, you can be loose and you can kind of be a bit naughty, but you've got to put on your best behavior with work people because you've got to go to work with them on the next Monday.
Speaker 5: You know, Well, apparently too much fun was had by someone who is our colleague.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm not going to name and shame. You've met them lovely, but they are that kind of person in the office. They meet, they're quite mild, they keep to themselves, very sweet, and they have they have a role that is in the legal department, so they were they work within legal and they work with laws and broadcast terms.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm say, very very sensible. I would say, if you're going to a personality type, yes, you know, correct, just likes order and is sensible, also likes.
Speaker 3: A spa bath.
Speaker 2: You've got to give some context.
Speaker 3: Tim, tell us out there, digital l You're at this party, right, Okay, So we're all sitting there having drinks, enjoying, talking about the week that was, and out of nowhere we hear like hooter and holler, and like everyone's going clap and I'm having a drink with one of my mates say, oh, what's going on. I turn around on this balcony and there is unnamed co worker.
Speaker 2: But naked, completely naked, completely.
Speaker 3: Starkers stepping into a bath like Betty Boop, like a toe was dipping in like she was animated.
Speaker 2: What time of day was this?
Speaker 3: This was like eleven o'clock at night. Wasn't even that late? And let me see you.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that she was completely sure. She wasn't just wearing like a nude panilla.
Speaker 3: No, no, Sam, Sam, Sam was there too, and Sam's straight land his eyes went straight there. Sam can confirm. And it's one of those things where you're just like, Okay, do I look? Do I not look? Well, that's what I mean. Now you look, do you look? It's a coworker. And then I looked, and the awkward part was you guys can confirm. We all laughed and look at her. Go that's hot. We're all for liberation. It's not a bad thing. But then like time passes and we all get another drink and people go and then sort of turn around to check that she's still there, like a dinosaur in Jurassic and she's just sitting there like a toddler steering into space naked?
Speaker 2: Did nobody else get into the spark?
Speaker 5: Usually that like kicks off a party and then other people get in it.
Speaker 2: It's the whole thing.
Speaker 5: So she just got naked, got into the spa and then sat in there looking at.
Speaker 3: And then Jeanne disassociated, And can I just say the worst part was anyone check if she was okay?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: The worst part was she didn't know the control was really awkward to you, so she didn't know how to get the bubbles on. So the water was flat, so it just looked like two life rafts sitting on the top of the water.
Speaker 2: How long did she stay in the spa?
Speaker 3: For an hour?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 2: Until she was proney?
Speaker 3: And then anyway, that just brings me the question like what has happened at your team Drinks?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Do you think that she.
Speaker 5: Came into work the next day and was like, I regret that.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a regrettable moment in my life.
Speaker 3: I don't think she remembered it. What happened to your team drinks? My team Drinks went too far? When I want you to finish the sentence, call us.
Speaker 2: Up, let us know I reckon is going to be all right.
Speaker 3: Thirteen one oh sixty five. We're taking your calls before we get out of here. This morning, our work drinks went too far when one of my coworkers got her shirt off and got a spa And she looks great, but it was a bit awkward.
Speaker 2: She she got everything off and got into a spa.
Speaker 5: I think there was like a lace undy perhaps, Oh that changes things.
Speaker 3: Really you couldn't see below the waterline and that it was murky.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I thought that she was completely new like everything.
Speaker 3: No, I still think it's a bit out of hand.
Speaker 5: We want to know what did you do? Yeah, what did you do? Under the influenceeen.
Speaker 3: Thirteen one oh sixty five. Our work drinks got out of hand when Emily Hi.
Speaker 9: Hi Western got out of hand when the next day I was told that I ended up in the hospital with ten stitches and I don't.
Speaker 3: Even know what happened.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows, you know what, nobody knows.
Speaker 5: Nobody knows, nobody knows, nobody knows, And that's probably the best way to end it. Let's keep it exactly like, did you have to be told that you had stitches or did you wake up and go that's really.
Speaker 9: You know the next day someone was like, what happened? You ended up in the hospital. We heard you got stitches, and I was like, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, Wow, where were the stitches? Am there were?
Speaker 2: Who did you work for?
Speaker 9: Donut King?
Speaker 7: So it was a really normal amount of people.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Emily. Don'nut king party would be fun with the cinnamon donuts? All right, Pip, I'm thirteen one, I six five. My work drinks went too far?
Speaker 11: When I still red wine down my boss's white.
Speaker 5: Dress, Oh dear, tragic and then doing it at a wedding that's also very bride.
Speaker 3: Yes, the tailor as old as time? Did you get the salt out, Pip and just dash it on?
Speaker 2: There were you in trouble?
Speaker 4: Look it was the end of the night and there was a party of bars and bowled a lot of wine.
Speaker 11: And no it didn't get into whit.
Speaker 2: You got a promotion, po the markings of a good time.
Speaker 3: Glauria come over here and I was fill some wine on your shirt. Thank you, Pep. Wrapped up with Cassie. Work drinks went too far?
Speaker 7: When so we went out for drinks for Christmas when at a bar and I got extremely drunk. You do at work.
Speaker 4: We've all been there, and then I was yelling out across the bar, I need to love them tonight.
Speaker 6: I continue to do.
Speaker 7: My boss kept coming up to saying, you're going to attract the wrong type of guy here, and I to do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Did you get lucky that night, Cassie?
Speaker 7: I did, actually, and says later we're still married.
Speaker 5: I don't think your work drinks went far enough. They went just to the right point.
Speaker 3: That's cute. What a nice love story. Where did you meet dad? Mum?
Speaker 5: How did you tell that at your wedding when you when you had to write your vows, were you like, yes, I romantically hold at you left from across.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a shame, God, Cassie. It was good for me too. Had a really fun time.
Speaker 3: Well that's the end of the show. And you know what, probably right, so have you all. She's like, I gave you enough of my life. Please thank you laughing at my relationship. True, I did play a sound effects. She's got a bit embarrassed.
Speaker 2: That's enough, do you know what? Though? It's not enough of us? Mitt Surrey.
Speaker 5: We are back this week on the podcast We Have such I am so excited for this episode. Have you heard of the new Netflix series that's that. It's a docu series and it is called The Most Hated Man on the Internet.
Speaker 3: I've seen it. I absolutely loved it. You did. Yeah, it was the guy who was using him more and more. He was putting up nud photos of women on a public website.
Speaker 2: It is wild.
Speaker 5: So it's based back in twenty ten at this website that existed. It is ground zero for revenge porn and when all the legislation changed because of this website, so all the laws that came out afterwards. We are interviewing Kayla Laws, who is one of the women whose nudes mysteriously which you find out why, ended up on this website newts that she never sent to anyone, that were only on.
Speaker 3: Her computer and they appeared online.
Speaker 2: Online for people to like.
Speaker 5: It was horrible, truly a horrible time in like the world of social media. But that is all coming up comes out on Tuesday. Go listen to it. It is such a great episode And that's.
Speaker 2: It from us.
Speaker 3: You me doing the radio show Britain normally does his part. How do I throw it in? What I say?
Speaker 2: Tell your mom, tell your dad, tell your friends, no, no, that's not it.
Speaker 3: I get it wrong. Tell your mom to your dad, tell you dog to your friends, and.
Speaker 2: Share the love because we love love.
Speaker 3: We did it, we got through it.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god.
Speaker 3: I'll see you next one.