Speaker 1: I want to talk about job interviews. Now, imagine you have gone for what you thought was an absolutely cracking job interview, Like you sat down, you had them laughing, you answered all the questions, and you walked out of the interview thinking that you're an absolute shoe in, only to find out that there was a very specific reason that the bosses didn't choose you. Now, this happened to a woman who has gone viral online because she did a fantastic job interview. She thought it was a one hundred percent in the bag, and then she heard back from her recruiter that the reason why she hadn't been given the job was because she brought.
Speaker 2: Up the question around money.
Speaker 1: She asked questions at the end of the interview around how much was the job paying, what were the benefits associated with the job, And apparently, as it was said, that she asked too many money orientated questions and it made it seem like she was too into the money than what she was into the actual work.
Speaker 2: Of course she's too into the money. Cozy Living. I think the number one cozy living Cozzi living.
Speaker 3: Bro. I'm sorry who applies for a job and doesn't want to know what they're gonna what the remuneration is, like, what you're going to earn for that?
Speaker 2: Hear it out?
Speaker 1: She shared the text messages back and forth between herself and the recruiter. Right, so it says, Hi, Catherine, just trying to call you. I'm so sorry, but you didn't get the job. I just heard from them. She wrote, that's such a shame. I thought it all went really well. Did they say why and this The recruiter says, yeah, they did say that they absolutely loved meeting you, but your questions were too financially orientated. And then she asks up and says, well, what on earth does that mean? Apparently you asked about money a lot.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: Can I just backtrack for a sec? Yes, you know, the point of a job is to make money.
Speaker 2: Right, pay the bills? I see.
Speaker 1: I read this and I was like, this is not a red flag on the person who's being interviewed. This is a red flag on the company. Imagine having a company.
Speaker 2: I think we've.
Speaker 1: Probably all worked for different places, but where they're like, you should just do it because you love working here, not because you want to be paid.
Speaker 2: That's the time of energy that this boss is giving.
Speaker 3: I had I will not say who, where, or when, but I had an employment of them that I worked at for quite a while. And I went up in my skill set, which was a degree, so a pretty big skill set, and I went up for my pay rise and they said to me no, and I said, it's not a question. You have to like legally, you have to pay me more. They said, you should be doing this for love of the job. That's what they said. And this was the boss of the whole place. And I said, cool, are.
Speaker 2: You doing it for the love of the job. What industry was this? Medicine?
Speaker 5: I used to work at a fancy dress shop and we got a massive argument because I kept putting the costumes back in the wrong spot. So my boss would be like Mitchell, and I'm like yeah, She's like, why are you putting the astronaut in Elizabethan?
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, I got confused. I got confused.
Speaker 1: You want to know what doesn't surprise me about the fact that you worked in a costume shop.
Speaker 2: That is literally the most michturary thing I've ever heard of my entire life.
Speaker 4: Model the outfits on the website, I.
Speaker 1: Don't understand what This has to do with the conversation.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 4: I said, I don't get paid enough of this.
Speaker 5: She gets Mitchell, you get paid sixteen fifty an hour, And I'd always remember being like, that's.
Speaker 4: Nothing, that's no money. Don't you don't throw that around like I'm some sort of Warren Buffett.
Speaker 3: But you also can't say I don't get paid enough of this to put the costumes up in the wrong spot.
Speaker 4: Did you wasn't good?
Speaker 2: Did you get paid for modeling them on the website?
Speaker 5: No, that was pro bono, but it really helped with my career launch drinks in the modeling one.
Speaker 2: And you just love it. You're such a deity kid at heart.
Speaker 4: I am all right.
Speaker 5: Next on the show, a thousand dollars cash off for grabs thanks to Audible. Now, this is huge, girls, both if you win right, we're gonna have two contestants on the line. Both contestants, regardless of the outcome, we'll get a twelve month Audible subscription.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a prize guaranteed.
Speaker 2: And a thousand bucks from Audible.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one winner will get a thousand bucks. If you want to give us a call and the pick up We're gonna give it out next and by