Speaker 1: Here in the vast plains of Adelaide, South Australia, two young males engage in an ancient ritual known.
Speaker 2: As a podcast.
Speaker 1: It's purpose to attract mates, and by mates we mean listeners. They're both married, so please don't slide into their dms.
Speaker 3: Their names are Ben and Lee.
Speaker 2: Good their podcaster I am back in the saddle. Good to have you back in the saddle cat Well obviously not a sick day. Did the entire show so think here for the podcast recording. Apologies for that, Alene, thank you for taking the reins.
Speaker 1: Holding down the fort with my right hand woman, producer Bell. She did a great job on the buttons I feel and yeah, we had an international podcast on if you haven't.
Speaker 2: Heard, Was that a joke that I was at my daughter's expense?
Speaker 4: We was that?
Speaker 2: Sorry you said at my with my right hand gal, and you know that Jean got a right hand finger caught.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it like that.
Speaker 2: That's not on man.
Speaker 1: I did not mean it like that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'll apologize. Jean is okay, No, she's all right. It was her babyhand did get caught in the door.
Speaker 2: We were just about to start recording the podcast Sam called me at like nine point thirty, weird because she never called me at nine thirty. So I did pick it up and she was upset, and I could hear Jeen crying in the background because she's at this stage where she is just I don't know why, but if she does want to leave a room, she would just reach out and grab something to be like, I want to stay in this room. And Sam was coming home through the front door, had chopping in the left hand, Jean in her right hand, and then as the front door was closing, Jean like grabbed the doorframe and the door closed on her finger, so her poor little finger got stuck in the door. So I did rush home to can'd of just be there take it to the hospital. But everyone's all good.
Speaker 1: Now, everyone is all okay.
Speaker 2: The podcast still ran smoothly. I heard it was it cam from Canada.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really cool. Lovely guy, lovely fella. Let that be a lesson to other international podcasters if they're out there. We've had someone from Canada, now, we've had someone from Scotland, England, America. We had someone from Texas one time.
Speaker 2: It's interesting when you listen to the podcast when you're not in it, because when you were speaking to him, there was a lot of points where I wanted to interject. Obviously I couldn't because I was listening to it, but like you were talking about like Canadian touch points, and he mentioned trailer park boys, which for me, I was like, that's my main association, is a bit of it. But trailer park boys is a great He's a bubbleat guy with the bubbles, has the big glasses, rick and something else. But basically they're kind of like what we would we'd call them bogans, white trash. They're white trash, but it's very funny. Yeah, And there's like a because I'd a trailer park, and there's like security makes his job very seriously. But they just is kind of like we do bell like it was just everything. They just disregard it. They don't take it too seriously. It's very funny.
Speaker 1: That sounds bad in context, but I get you get what I mean. And I'm sure if we gong belly out of the rousibly she would agree, she would say that's pretty funny. And if she doesn't say it's funny, I so as we just disregard it, So win win.
Speaker 2: Think it's a fair a fair summary.
Speaker 3: Bell that everything I say you don't take seriously in.
Speaker 1: A funny way, in a funny we do it in another way, but in a.
Speaker 2: Performance way.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, what's the thing Ben that you've started saying?
Speaker 5: Where if I say, hey, can you remember you've got to do this? Or like just like can you do this? And you say will I or just the stare right or some sort of witty comeback. But now you said, now I'm going to start saying maybe I will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna I'm just gonna just stop everyone here. We're getting pretty sloppy at the front traditionally, like this is the front, we do like to get sloppy at the back. So let's just put a pin in it. We can enjoy this episode and at the back we can pick this one up.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Adelaide, shout out to the lady in front of me, Liam at the on the run this morning, really just loading up for a productive day.
Speaker 1: Oh hit as what was the order?
Speaker 2: She didn't get any fuel, so just went straight into the OTR, got herself two packs of the four pack original Glaze eight original glaze total, got two Buenos Surprise Deluxe Donuts YEP, got three Monster Energy drinks, all different flavors, the big ones. I think they're like a leader or something something crazy. And then quote the cheapest twenty pack of Siggi's they had.
Speaker 1: Well, that is very much a sprint, not a marathon, because you are gonna be bouncing off the walls there for a lot. You but you are putting rocket fuel into your system and you have a good hour of firing and then you'll crash so hard that you probably won't wake up for two days.
Speaker 2: I just I pray that you were doing the run for everybody, like I was praying that you were taking that to work. Yeah yeah, yeah, for like smoker.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and also if that was just you and you're already feeling a little bit shameful about it, Imagine if you're just driving along and you're like, hang on, was that the guy behind me?
Speaker 2: You're like to start as Ben's talking here, you're looking.
Speaker 1: You're like, I got the doughnuts, the cheapest packer Singhi's, and all the monsters.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it could have been me. I only got two Monster and injury.
Speaker 1: In ten Stacy and O'Sullivan's beach. Well, hello, how are you?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, well five questions here, let's see how you go. You could be headed love delter if you get them all right. The Royal Adelaide Show poultry events under threat as bird flu spreads. Can you name one bird you could see at the Royal Adelaide Show?
Speaker 2: Chicken?
Speaker 1: You could see a chicken?
Speaker 2: Can me a variety of chicken? Could I push it for that?
Speaker 7: A fluffy chicken?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fluffy chickens? Yeah, cute little moving for like an eye of brown or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think i'd actually be able to name a variety of chicken.
Speaker 2: Our eyes of brown is the go to. You could say battery hen.
Speaker 1: That's a bit more raw roughly, yeah, yeah, yeah, I sort of. It's probably the problem with the world.
Speaker 2: But I remember growing up my dad brought home a couple of battery hens got him from the farm and are all rough. It's obviously it's a cruel life in the cage. Brought him home, started feeding them, scraped range through the feathers back. They look great.
Speaker 8: What I did that with a cat?
Speaker 1: Once you have a cat, well it was done.
Speaker 7: Because I've been through.
Speaker 2: Sun you looked after it.
Speaker 8: I call it my school cat because it was stound under a school All right, right.
Speaker 1: We're all learning this morning. Hey, Jetstar are going to charge passengers for using overhead lockers for carry on bags from theb next year. What's the current carry on bag weight limit on jet Star?
Speaker 8: Carry you get two bags?
Speaker 2: Oh no, just like the carry on weights.
Speaker 1: It's like they're not the not the checked in one, but the one that you can bring on the flight with you. What's the normal cartway? I think it's the same thing like every.
Speaker 8: Airline you get move these plane ones every time.
Speaker 9: Because I don't go anywhere, I've never been on a plane.
Speaker 2: We should let's write that down. We're going to get you on a plane.
Speaker 1: But that's not okay, toilet bag stace, We'll make your drink. Do you want to fly? Do you not want to fly?
Speaker 10: I do want to fly?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we'll do something, whether it be a light aircraft or something.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we can work that out at some stuff with jets Darlin and personally, I'm sure you can get her a little bout that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a good I'll have a I'll have a word to the powers that be at Uncle Jetstar. Hey, more than a million Australians have already completed their census online, a week out from the official night. Charlotte in cell it speech, Have you done your census yet?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: I just got it in the post today, yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yes, if you've done it already a bit of a nerd in my opinion. Goody two shoes, Hey, Arnot's workers have gone on strike. What's the onnot's biscuit that you can split in half down the middle?
Speaker 12: Charlotte is the Scotch finger.
Speaker 1: It is happy birthday, Neil Armstrong? Can you finish this famous quote?
Speaker 11: One giantly for mankind?
Speaker 1: He's done Delta also, it is so good.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I love that good good on your Delta. Good Room is back with brand new music and her biggest tour yet, the Pure World Tour. Details at t e G live dot com dot au. I recently Liam bought a quad bike. Wow. Death traps, Yeah, everyone says a death traps. The people don't know how to drive them.
Speaker 1: I like doing the show with you, Bud. I don't want I don't want to see you go out in an unfortunate ATV incident.
Speaker 2: When I used to work in the dairy farm for five years, every single day drove a quad never once came close to rolling it. Do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well, I suppose there's a difference between like riding around on a farm and like sending it on a jarm p.
Speaker 2: I suppose, yeah, I I never jumped one. You should send it. Well, I mean, I am sitting here saying it's completely safe. But when I picked it up from a fella out in the country, getting it onto my ute was fine because he had these really cool aluminum like foldable ramps. They were just they were designed for the job. He popped them on the U. I drove it up easy, got home and realized, so I've got a U, right, which is way higher when you think about it, than a trailer. And so I got home realized I didn't have the fancy pants ramps that he had. I don't have anything having to get this qualt off of my U. I didn't really think that far ahead got home and I was looking at it. I'm going to get this off, and then I realized that on my ute, I've got one of I've got a tray where the sides in the back fold down and they're on these little hinges, so the actual side of the you can come off. And I thought, well, that'll make a decent ramp, and so I took the sides of the you off and then put them on the back of the U.
Speaker 1: But they're not clipped into anything. They're just sort of there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thought she'd be right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is exactly why people die on Like, kay, I love it. They're super safe.
Speaker 2: And my wife Sam came out with both the kids and she was like, what are you doing? And I was like, on to get the quade off the back of the you. What does it look like I'm doing? So that does not look safe and it doesn't sound and I said she'll be right, and she was like, oh god, Ben, this is a bad idea, and I said, trust me, So trust me. So I put the ramps there, got up on the court started reversing and as soon as they got near them, I saw they started to move.
Speaker 1: You're reversing as well, so yeah, yeah, yeah, it's even worse.
Speaker 2: And so I saw they were moving, I said, honey, put the put the baby down, put baby Jean down, Freddie, you just you stay where you are Sam, you have to come stand on the ramp. So it's got something to push against, you know, because yeah, wife as well in the process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why don't we get the kids help out. Freddie grab a sight of the ramp too.
Speaker 2: You have enough strength, So I said, Honey, I need you to stand on the bottom of the ramp. Once I get on it be fine. But I just got to get on it. This is just not So she was standing at the bottom of the ramp. I started reversing. She was like, Ben no, no, bed no no. And then I was about halfway down the run of the rams completely fell down and the whole quad started it kind of and it fell so half the quad was like on the floor. The other half was up on the ramp and see. I was like, what do I do? What am I doing? And I was like, move, just move, get out of the way. So she moved out the way and then.
Speaker 1: I said, idiot, you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: I cut it down. It wasn't it wasn't graceful, but it wasn't right.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't right. Melissa in Meadows.
Speaker 8: I was in the territory at the time, living there, and it was the first time I'd ridden the cord and we were out bush and we were having to put it on to the trailer and my husband I went to play my husband, you take it on. He said, Nana, she'll be right. You got this, and drove up the ramps and wedged myself and my quad in the back of my friend's car.
Speaker 1: Now in Salisbury, what happened.
Speaker 6: I was burning some leaves in the backyard of rental and my son said that he saw me walking over with a petrol can. He goes, Mom, you probably shouldn't do that. I don't why, I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 12: She'll be right.
Speaker 6: Then I poured the petrol on green leaves next to the bonfire, and it just made this massive explosion, and this helicopter came over. I was like, kids, quick, get inside, and we went a cave as they took page of that town instead. What into the atmosphere that runs windows shook?
Speaker 1: Can leaves explode?
Speaker 2: I mean, why are we using petrol to burn leaves?
Speaker 8: Well, the pile.
Speaker 6: Of green leaves was next to the bonfire, and I poured the petrol on the leaves.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why leaves would make such a sound, and aren't dry leaves going to burn up quicker, like, why would a green lead?
Speaker 6: I know these were green yaka leaves. I was picturing raking the leaves into the fire.
Speaker 1: With the petrol and was able to see four under the leves.
Speaker 2: We were talking, she'll be right, but she wasn't.
Speaker 1: And we've had one last call that's trickled through from Vicky in Parafield Gardens.
Speaker 2: She'll be right, but she wasn't. What happened VICKI, Well, it's a story.
Speaker 11: That goes back through the generations. But early in the nineteen hundreds, my great grandmother passed and Grandpa went down to the funeral home, picked up her ashes and said, oh, look, it'll be right. I just put her in the boot. You know, at the moment, we'll do with her after well, you know, a year or so down the track, he's forgotten she's still in the boot. He puts the six kids in the back of the car, a couple of dogs, and off they go to have a holiday over at your peninsula. Before they arrived, the kids are coughing, carrying on. Grandma looks behind and she said, you know, what's all the fuss about? And I covered in all this ash. The earth had come open and all the ashes of Grandma had gone everywhere. It was in their hair, some of them, you know, had eaten it and every and anyway, they get to their destination and Grandma's I'll go get the hoover and we'll just clean all up. So they vacuum Grandma great Grandma all back into the hoover, and and past grandpasses. You know, it'll be right again. We'll just still with her after will empty the contents back into the urn. But you know, having a large family being really busy, everybody just forgot. Grandma continued to use the hoover to hoover up to the rest of the house, and the kids were making a mess, including the stand from the beach. And yeah, and then at the end of the trip, Grandma's ashes were disposed off in the general waste because so poor great Grandma never ever got to be late at rest. Probably ended up in the tips somewhere. But but yeah, that.
Speaker 10: Was the story.
Speaker 2: Did he did Great Grandma dirty than laundry?
Speaker 1: Just emptied her out the dice and v eleven with some cockroaches, hair and sand right into the bin.
Speaker 2: At least she got to give the great grandkids. One last hugg in the car. I suppose yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Carried her.
Speaker 11: They carried her around for a bit longer, didn't they like?
Speaker 2: It was just a comedy of errors because of course he forgot they were in the boat. Then you know, great grandma goes everywhere. Then they suck it up with the hoover. But then they forget that she's in the hoover and they continue.
Speaker 1: If the mob killed you, you would have a better burial than great grandmother.
Speaker 2: That is, we're.
Speaker 1: Joined now by Margie in Wingfield.
Speaker 2: She'll be right, but she wasn't.
Speaker 9: And we went out dirt by riding and I mean, nephew come off his bike and he's all he kept saying with me, ankle, my ankle, and we're like, you'll be right anyway. We took him to the hospital. We break the source disk in his neck.
Speaker 2: Ah. I mean, that's that's he'll be right.
Speaker 1: That's like one of those ones where you could end up like a paraplegic or quandtopagic, a pretty serious injury.
Speaker 2: I mean, what end up happening.
Speaker 9: If you'd broken the discup a bit higher, he would have been dead.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you will get over it.
Speaker 11: You can't get on with it't back on to.
Speaker 2: The KTM may ring it's gone. You want to be a crusty damon or not?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 9: It wasn't play KTMA, I thought so ringing?
Speaker 2: God? How's he doing now? Is he recovering? All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's recovered.
Speaker 9: Sign back at work and plotting along.
Speaker 2: So good on you, Margie, thank you very much. And liams one thousand dollars pop quiz yep, every single morning at this time. But we have ten questions. You get him? All right? A thousand bucks, Joe? You know, hour on hell?
Speaker 1: What do you do for a crust.
Speaker 11: I work with principal, supporting them with their improvement journey.
Speaker 1: Interesting, so in a way you're a principal's principle.
Speaker 10: I don't know if I would put it that way. I'm an ex principal supporting principles.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 1: Look, and I think to be a principle you have to work your way up in the teaching field. So I'm going to lose all faith in humanity if the principal's principle cannot.
Speaker 2: Go ten here.
Speaker 1: No, I think you can think within your real Joe.
Speaker 2: I don't want to bog this down too much, but Leam just kind of mentioned it. There is that true? Do you have to be a teacher before you can become principal? Can you go straight to the principal?
Speaker 9: No, you need to be a teacher?
Speaker 1: Okay, right, so yeah, because I don't know, have to's ever been am shure?
Speaker 2: You know Doogie howser the child?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Doctors like I'm a I'm sixteen, but I'm also the principal. Like, I don't know if they probably missed good?
Speaker 2: Sound like an eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, So we've got a minute on the clock. You part any that you don't know, okay, Joe, and we'll get to them at the end if there is time.
Speaker 2: Are we ready to go?
Speaker 8: We are ready?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Spider Man is a cross between a spider and a What Man nine Now is the catch up service for which TV Channel nine? In the Despicable Me films, What Color Are the Minions? Where does Robert Erwin Live?
Speaker 8: Australia?
Speaker 1: Meagan Markle played Rachel Zane in which TV show Which pop Star has just announced you'd be stepping back from the public life after her day?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Name one of the Beckham's children, Brooklyn, which Australian singer performed at the closing ceremony of the.
Speaker 2: Commonwealth Games yesterday.
Speaker 9: Jelga Gudram.
Speaker 2: Where are the twenty thirty two Olympics being held Brisbane?
Speaker 1: Is Rupert Murdock ninety five or one hundred and five ninety five?
Speaker 13: Time?
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, you don't get tell me that Prince of old friends have off.
Speaker 1: That's the second time this has gone off ever.
Speaker 2: Get in.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, O my god.
Speaker 2: That Joe. You are so impressive.
Speaker 1: I also like how look I had Australia zoo for where does Robert Irwin live? He said, Australia?
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna not gonna account now. It's fair like we.
Speaker 1: Don't have to be more specific than that.
Speaker 2: Joe, you didn't even like miss a beat you are.
Speaker 1: By wow, wow Wow. What are you going to spend the thou on?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 11: I am taking my two daughters to Sydney next week, so no doubt some of that money will go on them. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Just having an amazing.
Speaker 2: Time, Joe will enjoy.
Speaker 1: Hope you and your daughters have a great trip.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I love it when it goes off, feels good, great release. Ben and I have a loyalty program for frequent listeners. It works a lot like an airline company. So you got you know, Bronze, Silver, Gold, And the more you get involved with the show, potentially if you listen to the Ben and Lin podcast or you're a part of our secret Facebook page, the pod Squad. Basically, the more you get involved, the further you work your way up. And there's there's perks like priority calling, you know, fringe magnets, song requests, but there's also stuff outside of the radio show. So there's been probably like ten companies that have come forward and said, hey, special offer today if you come in, you know, we'll give you some free salami or whatever. And we said that as a little side quest, were like, hey, look, if anyone goes to every company we've had so far, they can prove it. They get a photo at each place and they take up every single deal. If they are in the gold tier, they will be upgraded to Platinum.
Speaker 2: Which is the highest biased on it.
Speaker 1: You get lounge access, so that means you can come sit in on the show anytime you want free snacks and drinks. You can call in a favor from us one per annum, and you get producer bells, have a phone number, her actual phone number and address if you want to send her letters or whatever. You also get a physical platinum played in card.
Speaker 2: So it's it is, it's, it's.
Speaker 1: It's what everyone's been working towards, and we're happy to say that someone has completed all the side quests. The first person being.
Speaker 2: Instilled into Platinum tier.
Speaker 1: Is Party Marty in the Wana, You're fine, gradualations. How you're feeling right now.
Speaker 2: It's it's literally I'm almost in tears. Yeah, I could imagine it's been a.
Speaker 8: Mission, but it's been It's been good fun.
Speaker 2: Marty. The reason I'm so proud of you is because you know you're a regular listener of the show. You always get involved. We love that when you started in the Loyalty program, you started out as a silver. You have now progressed through the tears and ended up at the tippy top of the It's almost like I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could do one of those Tony Robins style things.
Speaker 2: This company.
Speaker 1: I was sweeping the floors and within within.
Speaker 2: Three years I was the CEO. That's that's you.
Speaker 1: You were silver less than a month ago, and you managed to sail your way through the tippy top. Well, congratulations, Marty, You're not going to be alone in the platinum tear as well, because someone else went all over Adelaide over the last couple of weeks to take up every single office so far. It is someone we're very familiar with on this show. It is the prize mole herself, Anastasia and Morson lakes your platinum.
Speaker 2: We did it, We did it, and did it baby? Oh well, how.
Speaker 1: Good you get lounge access? Do you know when you're going to be coming through to sit in the lounge? You're going to do that every morning or just whenever you feel like it.
Speaker 10: Oh, we'll go with just how fool like?
Speaker 2: Whatever's indicated by subway as well, Anastasia in your phone? Are you going to save producer Bell's private phone number as Bell or produce a Bell?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 8: I have to do produce a Bell much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fair that right, And you can use her kind of as your own personal producer. So if you have stuff you need to do or Aaron's you need to run, you just drop her a text message. And she's more than like a valet.
Speaker 7: A valet fantastic because I'm a busy person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and.
Speaker 1: That's why, and that's what. And platinum is for busy people who get involved with the show. Excellent anisaga.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: If you're you guys, no worries, mate, thank you. If you're feeling a little jealous and going, oh damn. I want produce bells of phone number. I want to be able to call in one favorite per year from Ben and Liam.
Speaker 2: I want to be eating catered subway in the private land.
Speaker 1: I want lots of ham in a six inch white sub uh, you know, and be able to sit and watch my favorite breakfast radio show in Adelaide. Well, thirteen one oh sixty five is the number. Now people have made platinum. You can see it, you can believe it, you can taste it. It's achievable. If you are in the gold tier and you would like to pitch yourself for platinum or heavens even if you're silver, God forbid bronze, but you think you've been misplaced in the system, and you think you're worthy of platinum, and you'd like to come in and sit in on the show, Thirteen one oh six five is the number pitch yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't be scared if you're bronze, Like if you're a secret Bronzie and you're like, actually, no, I have a history with the show. I didn't. You don't know this, but I did, X Y and Z. Yeah, yeah, we would love for you to call thirteen one oh six five, pitch yourself to be a platinum member and you get Producer Bell's private phone number.
Speaker 1: Very exciting because Marty and Anastasia, two valued listeners of the show, have just made it to the platinum tem.
Speaker 2: Of the Ben and Leam loyalty program.
Speaker 1: It's the toppermost of the popermost if you didn't know, it's we've got a loyalty system much like a like an airline, and it's basically just in place to give people perks and rewarding them for being frequent listeners and getting in with the show. Vicki, you are a gold status, Yes, Mobbrey Heights, how long have you been listening to the show.
Speaker 7: For literally since day one at Breakfast Nova Adelaide when you first started and yeah, and so.
Speaker 2: That yeah, that's that's quite a while.
Speaker 1: I mean it's probably still sort of halfway through our years in radio. We did a couple of radio stations before that.
Speaker 7: Look, I'll take you through memory lane. All right. So we've got the mental health Box Scott is Motel. I won I Shower with Ben and Liam. I also won Battle of the Sexes. You broadcast from a billboard. You took listeners to Bali. You've got a whole group of people together for the Royal Show to win prizes.
Speaker 10: You've got the basketballer.
Speaker 7: You had a fake sleeve in Bali producer Tina in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: You know what, these are things in parts of my brain that haven't been scratched.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 1: Vicky, you're platinum. Welcome to the most exclusive club in radio. Good on, Vick, wonderful. We look forward to seeing you in the premium lounge very soon. Well here's Nathan Jender.
Speaker 7: We just know you.
Speaker 2: You've been listening for like a decade.
Speaker 1: It feels like so we actually know you at this point.
Speaker 2: So that was the easiest. Yeah, it's kind of like your name. I mean, I can do it for you. So people listening to this, we'd love to listen to our podcast. It's got a bunch of original content in it. It's not just the radio show we used to do. Team Member of the Week so every single week we would vote as a team who was the team member of the week. Jender, as a listener of the podcast, he kept an extremely detailed spreadsheet how all of the winners and losers.
Speaker 1: Probably took me a couple of hours initially, but then maintaining it each week was pretty easy.
Speaker 5: But was just doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you had, like you had year's worth of data.
Speaker 1: I think you flew when we're living in Melbourne at the time. You flew from Adelaide to Melbourne to present the yearly stats. And yeah, you really went the extra mile. Charlotte joins us now in Selex Beach. It's the name we're familiar with. I believe we made you Instagram famous, Charlotte.
Speaker 10: Did you made me?
Speaker 7: It's the famous?
Speaker 8: What else have I I'd won the nineteenth sorry, the sixteen quiz for the Disney on Ice Chick.
Speaker 11: I've contributed to the Rumor Meal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Charlotte, you might have to listen for a few more weeks to make it to platinum.
Speaker 2: That was borderline demotion.
Speaker 1: That was because you know, it's actually a completely different segment. There's something actually it's different, it's quite original. A lot of people compliment on us on it. It's quite original. It's the gossip Factory only deals in gossip. But thank you Charlotte, and look, it's it's hard. I'm willing to honor forever gold. It means you cannot be knocked back to silver at any point. That's part of a very exclusive club. Carol, you're in the gold tier from Mount Pleasant. We're also familiar with you. You rescued some of our packers. You won the Friday Meet trade not too long ago.
Speaker 2: Named a couple of our packers, Ben and liamb Yeah, yeah, which.
Speaker 1: Is which is nice? Is there anything else you'd like to add to your file?
Speaker 4: Yes, my darlings, And thank you for having me on basically like obviously, and thank you very much for the hay and I risk our packers. Our pacers live about twenty years. I have one female left that doesn't have a name. And I really believe behind every great man is a great woman, and you are two great men. And Belle is behind my love Ol packer Bell and I talked to Belle nearly every week.
Speaker 2: You do get involved. Well, I know what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: I'm going to look through the glass now and ask producer Bell what do you say, Bell, do we honor Carol from Mount Pleasant with platinum status?
Speaker 5: Carol is correct behind every great man is a great woman. I am the card master and I absolutely will be giving Carol a plan.
Speaker 1: Welcome to that club, Well Lowne shortly alongside Marty Anastagia nap.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's going to be one heck of a crew in the lounge. And everyone also, don't forget gets producer Bell's personal phone number and address.
Speaker 1: The morning's had a good feel about it. Joe from o'halor and Hill. She won a thousand dollars with the pop quiz a little bit earlier. We just put from about four people and Ben and Leam's platinum tiered the highest level of the loyalty program.
Speaker 2: I mean, who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean this kind of vibe. Maybe today's the day the secret stain is going to go off. Five thousand dollars at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: I fill it up petrol today, Yeah, one hundred and forty bucks. Well crazy, I.
Speaker 1: Think you've just I think I was doing a good job at bringing the mood up.
Speaker 2: Mega Chicken. Sorry, now that's really good. We've got to get rid of that's.
Speaker 1: It's confusing, but we do have a live we don't have windows in our The studio is nice, but it's a little like you don't have natural lights. So Bell puts up the town Hall South webcam, which anyone can see City Ofvadelaide dot com dot au. But sometimes a bird will walk past the camera and it does look like Godzilla in Tandana there.
Speaker 2: Which is why Liam said negga chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is funny for us, but I get how not funny for you because you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I've been booked. Just before this break, he said, we need like fifteen second serve.
Speaker 1: Just keep it real tight. Yeah, and now we are getting cl us to the two minute mark, still talking about giant chickens. But anyway, I hope you're having a good morning.
Speaker 2: I really hope that because on the on the Townhill South livestream in the top right corner you can see the amount of viewers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only only four people watching.
Speaker 2: I hope in the next couple of minutes a couple of people log on to see Megachi if.
Speaker 1: You if you want the gag to hit, as I said, Cityfadelaide dot com dot auport slash webcams townholl South is the one with a giant bird's book past.
Speaker 2: We want to talk proposals right now because thanks to Gerard McKay creating unforgettable moments worth saying yes too, we've got an eight thousand dollars engagement ring to give away on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of cash, and Ben and I are going to be involved with the proposal in the sense of like the planning and making sure it's perfect, like it's we're not going.
Speaker 2: To be doing it for you. Yeah, if you want the ring, you can register kiss one O two three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: But right now we just want to want to hear people's stories. Do you both feel like we nailed it? I surprised Sarah weekend away for her birthday was on this cliff face in Monash, this nice st of Airbnb, took a leaf out of your book, had a private chef.
Speaker 2: So she was like, dressed for.
Speaker 1: Dinner and she's like, where are we going to be going for dinner? In the riverland? Like we're in the middle of nowhere. But little did she know that dinner was coming to us.
Speaker 2: There was such an expensive choice on my behalf because you know, I really hope that in my lifetime I don't even have to hire a private chef one if. If you're ever going to do it, it's the you know, it's like, let's do something special. And the way it works is they charge you per head. But because with my wife Sam, I did it in front of all of her extended family and it was a big celebration, I paid for every single relative to enjoy in the food on offer, and so I got charged per head. I made sure we were really alone. Yeah, it's cost cutting ing my friends.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Maz in the news room, I don't think I've ever asked you, but were you happy with you with your proposals?
Speaker 2: That nailed?
Speaker 3: It was pretty good.
Speaker 13: It was on a secluded island in Borneo, good stuff, and we hadn't been together very long, about over a year, and so I had no idea and I actually thought he was just being an idiot because he's a bit of a pranks to my husband, a bit of a joker.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, whatever, you know, can.
Speaker 3: You stop being streaming?
Speaker 8: He's like.
Speaker 1: Stressful, stressful when they're laughing, going, oh yes, good joke. But of course it's a real proposal.
Speaker 2: And then eventually you said yes.
Speaker 13: I said yes, and then I was like, Okay, let's get married next week.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. I've got it all planned already. I won't name them, Liam, but we have a friend who used to comp a bit from his partner about how he did the proposal because he had it all planned out. We're going to do it in Bali and then got real nervous and I was doing it at the hotel before they got to the destination where he was planning on doing it. Yeah, so I think that was always a kind He just did it to get it out of the way, just went early, early doors. So I'd say that's more in the failed territory.
Speaker 1: Nailed or failed Sandra in Holden Hill, did they nail?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 12: We nailed it all right, fantastic. Well, my husband now proposed to me. He cooked a special dinner all by himself from scratch, got down on one knee, proposed Yep, all went good. He had on trouble getting back up. He had a full on medical episode. His knee decided to give away on him.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but no, they all went well.
Speaker 12: In the end, and we've been married fifteen years this year.
Speaker 2: Wow, how old was he when he proposed?
Speaker 12: Let's see, he about forty close to fifty, okay, right, and the sporting career.
Speaker 1: I mean, surely you need shouldn't get out of you in your mid forties.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, Sandra, for getting involved with this one nice and early. I'm going to give you a fifty dollars tolls voucher. Thank you very much, Hey, thank you? Was it all? Thank you for getting involved. We have more vouchers to give away this morning. Also, don't think about that eight thousand dollars engagement ring. Yeah, thirteen one oh sixty five is our number. We're talking proposals this morning. Was it nailed or failed?
Speaker 1: Christy in angle Vale, tell us about your proposal. Was it nailed or failed?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: It was an.
Speaker 10: Absolute nail, guys. It was a couple of years ago. We're in Melbourne, mine now husband and I were getting ready to go to the Robbie Williams concert. So we're in the hotel room getting ready and I was on my phone messaging my friends because we're going to meet them for a drink before the concert, and I just see my husband. He was on the floor and I just thought he was doing his shoelacers up and I was like, what are you doing? And I looked down. He was actually on bend and knee with the engagement ring in hand, proposing in the hotel. So I was like, oh my god, I'm so excited. We got to the con We were late to the concert because we had some drinks beforehand, and I was so distracted by the engagement ring. I was looking at that most of the time and not my other great love, which is Robby william Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did did he do a bit of She's the One? Yeah?
Speaker 10: And we had that at a wedding.
Speaker 1: That felt like I'm out of the catalog. That was What was this like three years ago at Amy Park by the way.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, no, this is in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was at the same one.
Speaker 8: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good gig. Matt in Blakeview joins us. Now, this is your proposal nailed or failed?
Speaker 13: Absolutely nailed it.
Speaker 2: Have a brag? What'd you do?
Speaker 5: I was on top of the roof watching the fireworks and I got down on my knee.
Speaker 7: And I proposed my wife and as she said yes.
Speaker 5: She stumbled and I grabbed her and stopped.
Speaker 11: Her from falling, and we got married and I've been with her for twenty four years.
Speaker 13: I love it.
Speaker 1: And so when when you caught her, did you sort of catch her lower waist and kiss her romantically over the rooftop?
Speaker 11: Well, caught it, and then she grabbed me and hugged me and kissed me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Nice. So you know he dropped the ring, not her off the roof.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, I thought on the roof.
Speaker 2: Watching the fireworks. I think he proposed she said yes, but then fumbled the ring.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought she almost fell off.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, she almost off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so sorry, Ben, I'll have to correct you back right, was right? So she almost fell off the roof and you caught her. Thank goodness, Yeah, thank goodness you caught.
Speaker 1: No good having the ring if she's come off the roof, glad the ring's okay? Right in ross Trevor nailed or failed? I'll let you.
Speaker 8: Boys the side, yees.
Speaker 7: So me and my boyfriend at the time, we've been together for quite a while, and we went for a really beautiful lunch that day and then come a few hours later at night time, we ended up with food poisoning and we only had one bathroom, one toilet house and so we were literally like back and forth taking turns. It was honestly horrible. And we're breath wine in bed, sweating, looking up hot messes. And he just turned to me and he said, I've never been through anything like this with anyone. You look so stunning. Will you marry me?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: Lost machine over your head after spending eight hours straddling the porcelain.
Speaker 2: Good on your age. I'll let you make your mind up whether that was a fail or a nail.
Speaker 1: If it's a nail for you, who are we to say it's a fail. Now I'm going to ask you something, Ben, I'm only going to ask you at once. Okay, I don't feel comfortable asking you, but I just need to know the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, Absolutely, you.
Speaker 1: Left work early yesterday for a family emergency.
Speaker 2: Well, I finished the show.
Speaker 1: You did finish the show, but then you left straight off the show. Now was it a family emergency or did you just have to drive across town to pick something up from Facebook marketplace? It was a real family everyone's okay. No, I won't I won't cry anymore.
Speaker 2: But I did leave work early because I had to go home help my wife. Out gin. Our daughter got a little finger stuck in the door. She's okay.
Speaker 1: The reason, the reason I am.
Speaker 2: After that, okay, once everything simmered down and everyone was okay, after you got back from the hospital, I nipped off to myrow bridge and got some fruit trees.
Speaker 1: Really, really, a day goes by without you picking up some junk.
Speaker 2: It's not junk, mate, it's fruit trees.
Speaker 1: How much were they It was a great deal. Actually, yes, exactly, because no one actually wants it.
Speaker 2: I had it saved in my favorites for a long time, and they were sitting there for a while. And then because I had it saved in my favorites, I got a notification that they dropped the price from two fifty to one hundred, and I got an Atherton raspberry, a golden raspberry, a yellow raspberry, a red raspberry, two boys and berries, a tayberry, which is a cross between a BlackBerry and a raspberry, have a pino plant, a pomegranite, red currant bush, BlackBerry, and a dragon for a tree. But this was after the family emergency. After the emergency was sworded. Okay, are you picking anything up today? If you must know?
Speaker 1: He genuinely picks something up every day.
Speaker 2: Well, I get stuff on the way home, so if it's between work and where I live, I will stop off and get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Murray Bridge is not on the way home.
Speaker 2: That was a bit of an inconvenience.
Speaker 1: Where are you going today?
Speaker 2: Mile end? For what? Some red bricks?
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to say exactly. Otherway someone might sweep in and still get the bridge before you can finish.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I've locked this one in. They are free.
Speaker 1: Are you going to? My question is are you going to use all this stuff for? You're just going to end up with one of those homes that you drive past Sometimes they got like four cars out the front and there's like long grass and they're just like collecting something for I just not Yeah, I might use that seventh couch one day.
Speaker 2: It's the way I've been raised is that you know, if you see value, you grab it and then you'll use it somewhere?
Speaker 1: Will you though more stuff than I'm kind of anti stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't really like stuff. But then next time you need red bricks, mate, you haven't got any When I need a red brick. The way you live, but I want to live out on a farm and I want to be the way you live. Your life's come back, it's the way you live. And I want to have red bricks in my shed so that when I need to do a little path, I've got the bricks and red bricks. Right, they're two bucks of brick on marketplace. People sell them for two bucks of brick. Now maybe they won't get two bucks. Maybe they get dollar fifty dollars of steel. People, though sometimes it's quite rare, they give away red bricks because they don't want them. And if you're getting quick enough, there's one hundred and sixty four red bricks here. That's one hundred and sixty four dollars free red bricks. And it's on the way home that you have to store and keep. I've got twenty one acres. I've got plenty of space. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll never understand it. But up next, I have a new game. And I think you were like this game. It's called cash or Pass. You've heard a smashb pass. This is casual pass. Okay, So I've gone through. I actually first time I've ever opened up marketplace in my life. I've sold stuff, but I've never actually looked on it. It's like buy stuff. I've got a bunch of deals.
Speaker 2: Hereat.
Speaker 1: We're gonna run them past you next. You're probably gonna have a pretty busy week, I imagine. Now after I show you these and we're just gonna play casual pass. I'm going to see where your limit is, where you draw the line on whether it's worth driving across town.
Speaker 2: To pick up Chances are probably already seen it.
Speaker 1: You've probably already bought some of these things. They might not even be about. I screenshot of these yesterday. They might not be around yet.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll do casual pass next.
Speaker 1: These are all real things on marketplace. I've gone through screenshot of a few. I'm just gonna see if you would pay cash or pass. So first up, we have a two thousand and nine PAGs to Wasp. It's a forty nine cc four stroke scooter. It's going for three hundre of dollars in McLaren Vale, not running currently, Unsure what issue is ticks over but won't fire.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pass on that line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what about Dylan Cheesel's post here. It's an old chunk of the nor Lunger Jetty timber for two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I did see that. And the and the rusty stuff is like an old bit of chain or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said would would look nice for a cafe around a pool area.
Speaker 2: I actually have the suggestions I have seen that. I am going to pass.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 1: This is from Matthew Lawson in Mount Barker novelty Saddam Hussein toilet paper ten dollars.
Speaker 2: Don't know where he got it. No, I don't do gimmicks. I don't do gimmicks. I don't want that.
Speaker 1: What about this free kid's car bed and or dinger?
Speaker 2: That's tacky enough, mate. You need building materials, all right.
Speaker 1: What about this aircraft propeller in Mitcham someone. I don't know how they've got it. I don't know if it's falling off.
Speaker 2: I have no need for that. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: You're not really doing a great okay, well whatever. I'm trying to trying to just get a bit of a vibe for what you want, because I thought you'd love all this stuff so far.
Speaker 2: What about this? What about this Clo Park worm farm? A yeah, I'll take that one. It's some worm juice. We'll let Jason know.
Speaker 1: Just going off the other things that you're saying you probably won't want this. This is from Anthony World Wrestling Federation Pile Driver album VHS.
Speaker 2: No I don't want that. Can I show you my short list on Marketplace?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm just going to show you two more things, because now I think I'm starting to zero in. I'm I'm getting rid of some of the more gimmicky stuff. Free garden River rocks in Ridge Aven, I'll take that. I thought so one dollar here for timber, a sort of timber and PBC pipe take that says it says free, but must take all.
Speaker 2: That's the ways to catch Okay, So I get it.
Speaker 1: So you're basically just picking up rocks, scrap timber. I'm getting the vibe that you don't really like paying for things you're looking for.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, it's a sort of Now just to pan, I mean, i'll show you my shortlist. So here, I've got like a nineteen fifty six David Brown eighteen eighty tractor. That's three grand. I'd consider that. Two hundred and fifty bucks for a Honda generator that's pretty good. One hundred bucks for some Turkish stone slabs and they're throwing some extra offcuts. See this is pretty good for me.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at that, and that has the same value to me as the Saddam Hussein toilet paper. I can't differentiate for me. That's all I know.
Speaker 2: You're feeling junk to my eye. I don't want any of it. You have to have the eye for it for sure. Okay, it is officially census week. It needs to be completed, but Tuesday, the eleventh of August.
Speaker 1: So I realize I've never done one before. I mean, I'm just thirty. I suppose the like twenty sixteen was the last time one was around, which was my last year living at home before I moved over to Sydney with you, Ben.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it was every ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I've realized, Oh yeah, I don't think I've ever done it. So it's you know, obviously you're answering all the questions how many people in the household, how many languages you speak, and the government pretend that they don't already know everything about you like I do. Five times a day you fart, and.
Speaker 2: I do find it crazy that we have to go and fill out this information when they already.
Speaker 1: Know you've seen three you scan my face at Cole's.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm doing, you know what I'm buying.
Speaker 1: But we've asked thirteen one oh sixty five for you to call up. We have a simple yes or no question because we're just we're just having Census chat together this morning, so we're just going to rattle through. Carla in Redwood Park, Yes or no? Can you get fined for not doing the Census?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Gizell. Do you think you can get fined if not doing the Census? There, Gazelle. Yes, can you get fined for not doing the Census?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: Grace in Ross Trevor, can you be fine for not doing the Census? I'm going to say yes, Samantha, yes or no? What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: You can? Amelia?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 1: Surely you can't be fine if not doing the census?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: All right, good on you, Amelia. Sue in Bellevue Heights juinsas Now, can you be fined for not doing the Census?
Speaker 7: I think you can?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, So it seems like an overwhelming number of people are saying yes and Amelia was just doing a thing.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: The reason we bring this up is because Liam, and I had no idea until this morning. You can be fined for not doing it. I thought you could just opt out and not do it. But no, if you don't do that census, right, get this, The fine is three hundred and sixty four dollars a day until you comply.
Speaker 1: You hearing that, Carla and Redwood Park the only other person who thought you couldn't get fined. You hear in that, lad and clear, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: I'm going to do it straightaway, three sixty four dollars.
Speaker 1: Then was paying his wife out for doing the census when he got home, and she's saying, I have to do it. I have to do it.
Speaker 2: And he was telling me this story and I was laughing like a yeah, like as if you have to do the census because I.
Speaker 1: Thought it was like an optional thing. I didn't think it was like voting. Apparently you have to do it.
Speaker 2: And that's the wild thing, is right. It's a fine of three hundred and sixty four dollars every day until you comply, and there is no cap demounts. It doesn't cap out at ten grand. It just keeps going out until you do it. More than that, it is resolved in court.
Speaker 1: Also false information. If there's three people in your house, but you say there's two, you could get a fine up to three thousand, six hundred and forty dollar.
Speaker 2: Lying on the census. I thought the whole thing was. It was like people would fill it out and it be funny because they'd say what's your religion and you'd say Jedi. I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure, like ten percent of people in the last one said they were Jedis. You know, you know when you.
Speaker 1: Like you finish, if you call, like you're trying to fix your phone plan or your internet or whatever, and they're just like, oh, thanks for help them. Quite often they're not super helpful, yeah, but they go, hey, can you just hang around for a quick survey, and you go yeah, sure, and then as soon as they click you over, you hang up. I thought that's what the census was like. I thought that the nation's like, hey, you mun just answer a few questions for something. Yeah, sure, I'm going to do that. Yeah, as if it was for the big nerds. Yeah, but no, apparently guys getting fined if you don't do it. So I'd get to it, all right, you got to do it fivey eleven, Yes, one.
Speaker 2: Two, three.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Ben, I'm gonna have to stop you there. An urgent call has just come through from the customer service switchboard with the Ben and Leam loyalty program. Moving now to Mayda and Pracash. He's a gold member. What can we do for you this morning?
Speaker 10: Hello, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Guys, good morning. Well I think I'm gold.
Speaker 6: I would like to cash in my song request if I can this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that would be a pleasure made that we have here on your file. That of course, you do get one complimentary song request per anam because you are in the Gold tier. Of course we got you straight on there as well, because you have fast track calling Priority call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did actually have a big competition. We had to do a big client thing, a lot of money involved. Had to get rid of it, can had to get rid of that. We will let the sales team know. But would you like your song right now? Yes, Keith, excellent.
Speaker 1: I'll get Ben to have a look in our system here. What can we play for you?
Speaker 11: I would love in the club by fifty cent because it's my hubby's birthday today and.
Speaker 10: He loves it.
Speaker 1: He loves declare. Okay, well, look you. Unfortunately won't be able to request another song until the fifth of August twenty twenty seven. But if you're happy now, we can process that through and play that song for you right now. Kiss one or two three?
Speaker 2: And is your hubby going to be listening to Kiss right now?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Of course yis all right? Here we go in the club fifty on Kiss two three, Secret Stain, Secret stain, Secret stain or. Thanks to Automasters, you can see any repairs required on your car with autocam video reporting from Automaster's service and repair centers. Automasters on one three hundred Automasters.
Speaker 1: Here's what we know so far. It's on a glass pane. It's translucent. You can see it with your own eyes. Ben and Lamb on the socials, there is also a clue from Paul Hogan.
Speaker 2: I don't have that anymore. Wonderful disappeared off my sound effect ball.
Speaker 1: Oh I couldn't see why you would need it again. So that's fine, ahh. But yeah, it's him saying like, there's plenty of shrimps on the barbie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's also this sound ash in Andrews Farm. What does that tell you? What do you think it is.
Speaker 7: I re sliced potato cooked on the barbie, sliced.
Speaker 1: Potato cooked on the barbie, so obviously that you know it ties into the barbie thing.
Speaker 2: How does it tie to this?
Speaker 9: Well, traditionally.
Speaker 7: The I'm not only mad, but traditionally on the Shepherds.
Speaker 11: Kai, it is mashed potato or potato.
Speaker 1: Shepherds Bye, okay, I see you a shepherd Ye. Well, I mean it could could make that sort of stain, but it is not that. Unfortunately, Theresa and Marston. Have you seen the stain I have? Okay, what do you think it is?
Speaker 8: I think it's mashed.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sometimes we play with that food. Other times we put you out of you.
Speaker 2: I like, quite often we'll draw it out. But I just didn't want to muck you around.
Speaker 10: Yeah that's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay, because we're not in the business and mucking people around. So please try as many times as you would like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can play as many times as you'd like. As Liam just said, it is not mashed. At Banana eight am tomorrow we play again on Kiss and we are back. Yeah. So yeah.
Speaker 1: Touching on what Belle was saying, quite often she'll be like, hey, you know, Hospital Research, Foundation of responsor show Ben, can we just get a credit away here? And he'll buzz back really quicks But I won't do that well, and then will he will? He will still do it, but he likes having the satisfaction of saying like, no, he did do exactly.
Speaker 2: That frustrates me because I used to not do them sometimes because I used to run off of the physical run shitt and yeah, I'd miss them all the time. Whereas now I'm living in twenty twenty six, I've got all data open and it's all digital, and I know that I will get it done without the reminders. So when I get a reminder, it's like, I know I'm going to do it, but I'm doing my job.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 5: I'm being your safety net just in case so that you and I and we all don't get a little slap on the wrist that we didn't do all the mentions.
Speaker 3: But also in case, like I'm doing it. If it's like eight o'clock and we've.
Speaker 2: Only got one away so far, for hours to get them done, I know, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Just saying that, Hey, like we're getting towards.
Speaker 2: The end here. I don't know what it is about it. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, I won't do it.
Speaker 2: And I'll say if I ever if I and I'll say this on a record. If I get to the end of a show and this is only applied to the breakfast sponsorship credits, if I get to the end of a show and I haven't done all three, I will accept the strike on the chin.
Speaker 3: So not even like the last break What do you mean, like I gotta wait till it's actually good?
Speaker 2: Way to the till it's ten. When we're recording podcasts, if I've missed one, I'll cop that on the chin and get a strike.
Speaker 3: Can I remind you at nine?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: So then what happens there, Ben is that's all fun and games for you. But then it's also it's on me that I didn't remind you and we didn't.
Speaker 2: Get We do make goods the next day, No, it doesn't. Does that? Is how last day you get the satisfaction of giving me a strike.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: You're not missing I weren't missed, and then we'll make goods to make goods, well, we always do.
Speaker 5: What I will say is the last station we're atry cowboy attitude.
Speaker 3: They were just whatever, we'll work it out later.
Speaker 2: Here, cowboy, hire a bunch of new team you're fired.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly who Here, everyone really likes to play by the rules, and they really like to yeah, so you can't not us. Maybe back in the day, listeners who have listened for ages would remember Macy Macy just she'd go, yeah, whatever, give away five hundred bucks, I don't care, I'll work it out. Yeah you want to do that whatever, who cares? Whereas here it's just everyone likes.
Speaker 2: To do it properly, play by the rules.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I came in and said we'll do it later everyone, But that's not how it works.
Speaker 2: The rule is now that you don't have to remind me. And if I do miss one, I get a strike and I can't get out. There's no family shield. Excuse aloud? Jeez, is that the one?
Speaker 1: That's the one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I won't penetrable force, I won't forget to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Also maybe, and I would say I'm guilty here of enjoying the smell of my own brew. But I just wanted to read out from our group chat yesterday, which I found quite fun. Liam posted in there a funny picture. It's actually from the University of Adelaide where on the show guys sitting at a table. This is like a promotional It went viral, but it's like an Adelaide University. A guy sitting at a table and he looks like he's man's planning because there's a table of women sitting around looking disinterested in what he's saying. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Board, it's a massive billboard. Yeah, but it's like, yeah, there's there's yeah. The five women around him, I'm just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was just like stop in the back of their heads. And then the thing says apparently you can do a master's in Man's Planning now. And then Liam posted that and said lo mainly because it was Adelaide University.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking, oh, that's probably something we can talk about on the on the show at some.
Speaker 2: Point, and then Belle replied, oh my god, I just saw this too, and then I replied, the reason why this is funny, Belle is because it looks like the man's explaining everything to the ladies. You already know what's going on.
Speaker 1: You get it to get it, bill because he was.
Speaker 2: You get one that's funny.
Speaker 1: We can explain it if you want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I did see that before you put it in the chat, like five minutes before on Insta, and I thought it was really funny.
Speaker 2: But I was like, nah, is it too You gonna have the eye for it?
Speaker 3: Hey, No, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I just didn't put in the chat because I was like, mister, it was funny.
Speaker 1: Before we were talking a wonderful back. Moore's been filling in for Burdo doing the show after us the last few days. She was talking about Ally McBeal. Never heard of that before. She was like, you know, callister Flockhart. And I'm like, you're just saying words at me at this point. But it was like a nineties sitcom, so it's a bit before our time. And and I was trying to work out who I'd never seen. She was like, you would know her, you've seen her, and I was looking up clister Fockhart and I couldn't. I was like, I've never seen this woman in my life. And then I said, oh, she's married to Harrison Ford and she said, well, we don't judge women by fine, we don't define women by who they're married to. And I bit my time because I was like, okay, fair, but in my head I was like, well, he's Indiana Jones, she's Allan, you know what I mean? Yeah, Like I you know, I think on that he's harm Solo, you know what I mean, she's Calester Flockhart. So on this particular time, I think we can we can say that person is a lot more famous and it.
Speaker 2: Goes both ways, right because and I don't know what the guy's name is, but he's married to is Miranda Kerr the snapchat person?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: So if he ever came someone's like that, such a married to Miranda Kerr, I would.
Speaker 5: Say the guy that actor guy, the blonde guy who's married to Kirsten Dunce.
Speaker 1: Great one, oh great, like good guy Damon, Yes he married to yeah mess Damon looks like brother and sister Jesse Clemmons.
Speaker 3: I think his name is right, guy from Breaking Bad, isn't he.
Speaker 1: He's in a new movie called bug Ownier, the one where Emma Stone has shaped head.
Speaker 2: He's really good in uh The Game Night.
Speaker 1: Great that was like pretty late in the piece for like comedy movies, like it's probably around yeah still probably twenty ten ISHU. But it was when they certainly started chugging down and they're not making them as much. But that was a very I actually kind of want to want.
Speaker 2: To watch that movie. Kind of write that down.
Speaker 1: Watching Games, he's like.
Speaker 2: The psycho neighbor character. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anything with Jason Bateman's normally pretty good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: I watched Games now, all right, that's going to be a movie night next weekend. I was just sorry, what I have to say is not important, but I just saw the podcast was called Mega Chicken, and then it reminded me of the show Robot Chicken.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what did you guys.
Speaker 1: Watch robot Chicken?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was on Cutting Network.
Speaker 1: It was like the funniest thing at the time by Seeth Green, who's Scott Evil in Austin Power.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's what Evil like like.
Speaker 1: You don't get it, scart zipp it. Yeah, yeah, he made he made robot Chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a real person's name.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just a song Seth Green.
Speaker 3: Oh no, sorry, I thought Scott Green.
Speaker 1: It's confusing because Seth Green plays Scott Evil.
Speaker 2: That's how you got because some people, I would imagine what we're talking about right now, would be like a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sure if that's me, fister flock, I'm like, yeah, Robot Chicken, Seth Green. You don't know Seth Green' scot evil.
Speaker 2: Zip it scot.
Speaker 3: That's that's my day.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't get it?
Speaker 2: Do you? Scat? Is that scuddy do?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Scuddy? Wait? Great movie?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: I don't speak freaky diggy Dutch.
Speaker 3: Look at me, ah that you keep it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is heaps of Podsquad stuff if you're going to start chugging through it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is because obviously we also, as you would have heard just now or if you listen this morning to the show, platinum was really yep.
Speaker 1: Platinum has been released.
Speaker 2: Spenetti has posted in the pod Squad about that if you want to get to it, Benny, you'll be, You'll be. We just need to annoint to you your platinum in mine book, Bennetty, your platinum. Benetti has said, so happy for party Marti and Anna at stage the prize mode for platinum status. It's exciting that the floodgates are now open. I must say, the pretty inconsistent rules for loyal, long time interstate listeners with receipts to achieve platinum, if it includes flights to Essay to collect it. You don't need a calm brother. You're platinum, you're in the highest tier. You're in.
Speaker 1: If you want to fly over, the lounge will be open for you.
Speaker 2: But there is no need for you to do that.
Speaker 1: And of course there is probably a long list of people that need to be in platinum. But as we've said many a time, you've got to bear with us call centers working as hard as they can, and they're very busy, they're very clogged up at the moment. And look, they will be recording your calls for customer care, so that's something you need to opt in or out for. But yeah, well we'll speak to the call center and just let them know that we need a Yeah, we need to get it moving. And I'm sure I would say between we should have this job done within two to three business days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there are and and and our production department is working on getting physical cards made up to.
Speaker 3: It's weird the call center of the production team. It's almost like I do the same thing.
Speaker 2: What WILEMA need to do is actually sit down with the whole team, whole company whole company and sit down with them and be like, hey, let's really work together here to be actually nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be good to get a bit.
Speaker 2: Of what's it called in company talk, No when they like like KPIs like no, no, no, the thing where they streamline with like vertical integration, let's get let's get some vertical integration going between the production team, the call center, graphics department, and.
Speaker 1: Just to make them more customers, just let all the people in those teams know that hey, you're you're a valued member of the company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but cut out any unnecessary meetings and just start vertically integrating what needs to be done.
Speaker 1: I imagine us sort of Ben and I are both having mcdonnamites, might have to organize that bell and and we're just sort of.
Speaker 3: Call the call center.
Speaker 1: And we're just speaking to the entire company, big auditorium there. Welcome to the team, Ben and Liam.
Speaker 2: Ben and Liam.
Speaker 1: The loyalty program. So you're probably asking yourself in the new financial year, what is our company strategy? And then click over to the next light, and then we've sort of got we're going to be investing.
Speaker 2: What are we wearing?
Speaker 1: I probably like turtlenecks like Steve Jobs style. We're going to be investing more and more into our listeners. We're going to try and drive up the loyalty program numbers by three and fifty percent, and that is going to be a year on year increase, which brings us to the next slide ten year plan being muyalty program. How are we going to do this? Harder work from you, but we respect you all. Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're a huge team. Maybe you'll be all getting a Christmas bonus. Yeah, if you meet your KPIs.
Speaker 3: Eating Okay, well, Christmas bonus.
Speaker 2: Eating oats I have. I've dug into the numbers here and I'm just going to flag a couple of things that I think is slowing down production next slide. Eating bananas and oats from the work kitchen slowing us down serious.
Speaker 1: Right now, having half days on Fridays to catch early flights.
Speaker 2: Slowing down down. Interstate travel in general should be banned, should be banned, should be flagged with the company. And uh yeah, taking personal calls during show preyper.
Speaker 1: Blowing company down, that's not personal call.
Speaker 3: That was not a personal call.
Speaker 5: I had to help Chelsea, our old producer on the show that she produces now, and she asked very kindly if I could help.
Speaker 2: Her, is it directly? Does it directly make our show better?
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: But this isn't directed at you. We just mean it like this is company.
Speaker 3: Fifty split personalities.
Speaker 2: I have company wide, but don't feel singled out by well.
Speaker 3: No, I don't at all.
Speaker 5: So when I'm sitting solo in the room and you guys are in your freaking turtlenecks with your Madonna mine, we'll get it.
Speaker 3: And you're saying, ah, there's no it's just we'll get to you with.
Speaker 2: Your personal performance plan. I mean leaving on the process of just finalizing your PIP.
Speaker 1: So we'll go like something else, something else. We've noticed this year alone in the customer service teams the most sick days of anyone in the company. Now that's a damning stat.
Speaker 5: You know. You laugh about this, this porridge and banana thing. But Ben literally during the show this morning at six o'clock, typed through to my computer stop eating your banana.
Speaker 2: A lunch break Before we started the break, you buzzed through and said, can I get a credit for the hospital research? And I edited, annoyed me and so I had to write something in the chat box. You wouldn't catch Michael Jordan eating a banana during the game, would you.
Speaker 3: They eat in their breaks. We are you talking about the running? The quiz was going, all the callers were prepped. I took a bite out of my banana.
Speaker 2: When I called lemon and I called time out. That's when you can have your porridge.
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 2: Because we're all working together.
Speaker 1: We're working together.
Speaker 2: Me the unified vision. We need you and the only way we're going to do this is together. Because the rest of the team sees your vibe. You know what I mean. Vibe lead from the front. Yeah, like the calls, the rest of the call center see your attitudes.
Speaker 1: There is no one else because if people in the call center are like, oh, well they've had a sick day one, what's stopping me from having a sick day next week when I feel like it?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: For the work part of this year, we should like say thank you to all the employees of the company. Should we do like a rent out a hall or something like that, Well, it was probably not one big enough.
Speaker 1: We might have to do forgot Sydney ICC. Yeah, convention could.
Speaker 2: Do something outside or something like that. Teamercis he's real back.
Speaker 5: To platinum chat for some people in the pod squad, Sure, how do we feel about Locky Braid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course Platinum sound the alarm, He's I mean. Lockeye and Nathan literally did a podcast in all of our absence when we were when we had the short five month stint off the radio.
Speaker 2: Kid bit on the pod squad from Locke who said, yesterday is stalactight and stalagmite chat. Someone told me a trick to help remember, and I've never forgotten it. Stalactights equals tights because hang on to the roof tight, so on the roof is salact tight because it's tight on the roof. Stalag might might because they might reach the roof one day. That's actually a good way of great tip. That is a great tip.
Speaker 3: You're still saying it weird.
Speaker 2: And in the comments he said, I've always remembered it by doing stalac tight with the sea cea for ceiling, stalag mighte gie for ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I must have been wagging that d kidnaped ever wagged in my life. I must have been vaguing out during that lesson.
Speaker 3: Because you went through a cave.
Speaker 2: What we learned about.
Speaker 1: Stalactites and stalagmites, because I don't I didn't really retain that information.
Speaker 2: Oh, we went to the caves and of course you.
Speaker 1: You would have, Yeah, you would have. They would have taken you deep sea cave diving in the Mouthea Coast.
Speaker 3: We went through the caves.
Speaker 1: Yes, what was the best school trip your school did?
Speaker 2: Out of interest?
Speaker 3: Probably the whole term where we live in a house by ourselves.
Speaker 2: What do you mean I've told you about this?
Speaker 3: We go in year nine, they send you off into the abyss for a term, but like.
Speaker 2: Ten weeks, yes, and you go seriously without your family and your night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's actually learn.
Speaker 3: How to fend for yourself.
Speaker 5: But it was you guys know Amanda, it was her and I and three other girls in our house.
Speaker 1: And we just where are we talking about in the world.
Speaker 3: Obviously there's a very very very eastern point of Victoria. So you go right to the Tippi Point ten weeks.
Speaker 5: Ten weeks and you have to you have to help the carves give birth, and you learn about sewerage and solar panels and the environment and composting.
Speaker 1: I would hate that.
Speaker 5: And then they take you for runs like twice a week. You to go for like five and ten k runs.
Speaker 2: This is this like a like Melbourne schools did that? Or is it like at Ritzy.
Speaker 3: School the schools do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so some of the boys schools go elsewhere girls schools go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that was fress me, Like I you know, I suppose if you had like your best mates, but if you've got a group that you weren't like that keen on and you had to do ten weeks away.
Speaker 2: From like.
Speaker 5: That in year nine, Remember I told you there was a girl that did a ship on our verandah and then we evicted her.
Speaker 3: And then she went on The Bachelor that was on that.
Speaker 2: I could see it being character building that being away from home.
Speaker 3: I guess I loved it. Some girls were crying and then it's the family and I was like, this is.
Speaker 2: Had a secure attachment. I suppose exactly.
Speaker 3: Whereas I was, I remember, get my.
Speaker 2: I remember all of this. Yes, I had a cool memory unlocked. Recently with my wife Sam for some reason. Oh, we were taking a single egg.
Speaker 1: He said it kind of like that, didn't hell And I just eyes it was like because you said it quick.
Speaker 2: With a map, it was a little bit. We had a single egg with us and we took it to her parents' house because we knew they didn't have eggs at the time. Anyway, we had we had an egg with us in the car and I was like, oh, this reminds me of like when I was in primary school and they gave us an egg and you had to look after it for forty out hours and you couldn't break it. Yeah, because when you haven't got an egg, when you've got an egg in your hand, it's a bit like a baby because you're like, well, I can't just put it on the.
Speaker 1: Flogs it'll break mase hard boiler.
Speaker 2: Of course, yeah, you could, but then that you would fail and then you would said, well, how do you know that you wouldn't just get a fresh egg at the end of the two days, And I said, well, because the teacher signed it, so you couldn't swap eggs out because they would know their signature pretty well. You could try and forge it, but you just carry it with you. Yeah, the task was to look after the egg for forty out hours and you're in teams, so it was like a couple.
Speaker 1: But like, surely as soon as you walk out the classroom. Everyone's trying to kick your egg.
Speaker 2: You also had eggs, so someone will try if you kick.
Speaker 1: You're like yeah, but like, wouldn't that would be funny, right?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 1: If you I was just keep that in my pocket there, why I eat my recess and someone to stop your legatches an egg?
Speaker 2: And that was a part of it, I guess, didn't you build something to protect? And that was also that was part of it, was you would That was part of it was you had to design some sort of It was a kind of engineering slash family raising.
Speaker 3: Your school just combined them too.
Speaker 2: And that's what I do with my babies. Now. I get some sort of case, some sort of some sort of breatheabook case and I put him in there.
Speaker 1: Do you do you have a school project that you were like really proud of, because I got two that come to mind. I did a diorama in you two, which like just probably still one of the coolest things I've done. I reckon and then I did we had to do like a visual novel, like a you know, a comic book, I suppose, and I really liked the movie Green Street Heligans at the time, but I like drew the movie and like this comic book, and I spent like so much time.
Speaker 3: I still have it.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, maybe Mum and dad would potentially, But yeah, it's funny how there's a couple of things where you're like, I'm proud of this. Yeah, it was normally something artier.
Speaker 3: We had to for science.
Speaker 5: We had to build a bridge out of nothing but paper, cardboard and like sticks and stuff, but had to be able to hold five kilos, so you had to design it in a way that was like triangle and everything to work out even if it's built of feathers.
Speaker 3: It could hold five kilos kind of thing. And that was really fun that.
Speaker 5: Or we had to we had to design a board game with like rules and parts and everything.
Speaker 13: And all that.
Speaker 5: That was fun.
Speaker 2: Benh Yeah, Year four, I drew a Greyhound. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Why have I seen that? I don't know. Was it you who did the project on the That's why you brought that box? Did you?
Speaker 1: Didn't you do a projects well on the East Bengal Tiger? Yes, and then you wrote to the local MP being like we need to help this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I think he read out and I reckon yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Andy, our old producer now work with that MP.
Speaker 2: Yes, who you wrote no No, No, No Champion who sent me a birthday card on my birthday, But that was a different mprtter to save the Bengal Tigers.
Speaker 1: Actually we did this whole bit because it was like the only and to be fair, I mean, no one really sense letters, but the only well, the only letter Ben got his eighteenth birthday was from local MP Nick Champion. And then he was like kind of a character on our community radio.
Speaker 2: And that is that is who Andy works for now. So Funny works MP that he serves. Oh so he's the child yeah and the something else is child protection or something. Oh yeah, two roles. Yeah, wow, there you go. It's like housing, yeah, and children's services. I just would never want to get into politics.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not like anyone's thinking that's my next move, but like I.
Speaker 2: Just you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Guys on the show this morning, why do the census?
Speaker 1: That seems like a hassle. How does it help me?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, they already know. They know they're watching us for our phones and do we.
Speaker 5: Want to do any more platinums while we're here.
Speaker 2: No, I think we've already done enough today.
Speaker 1: I think we're.
Speaker 2: One last little post in the pod squad was from Nathan Novak and I just opened Facebook and it disappeared. Forgive me, He said, question, how many points does four dicking around notices deduct me from my gold to here? Asking for a friend? Basically, his question is he's asking for a graph to show where each person is at with their points.
Speaker 1: For the customer service.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the graphics team and the customer service team can cooperate well.
Speaker 1: With analytics on level six, and yeah we could probably. I think what he's saying is to get that to you by tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you know you get a thousand points bronze, two and a half thousand, Silver, five thousand, goal, ten k Aviet platinum. People just want to able to visually see where they're at. I know the graphics department's pretty rammed, but they do go above and beyond, they go to the app development team.
Speaker 1: Yep, perhaps this is all stuff we can do in the town hall, the Ben and Liam town Hall, which is where we address the whole company. Just get obviously, as many people as possible in the big space community space here and then we just have live webcam that go to all the other states and small nations dotted around the cloud because it is a global company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll I'll pass I'll pass that on to the graphics team.
Speaker 2: Graphics team and the app development team.
Speaker 3: They can look at that.
Speaker 1: Love that awesome, baby, be awesome.
Speaker 3: They are pretty busy.
Speaker 2: Though, like you said, Yeah, I just don't like hearing all the complaints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it's Actually if you go to slide eighteen, biggest word in the word cloud for things that dick.
Speaker 2: Us around busy.
Speaker 1: Don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: I don't hear busy.
Speaker 1: I don't hear busy.
Speaker 2: I want to hear it. I don't want to hear the words.
Speaker 1: Ready, Slide nineteen A positive cloud word. Yes, the biggest word. It's what we like to hear in this company. Yes, Yes, Yes, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Second second word below yes, which is clearly the biggest word, is sir yes.
Speaker 1: And then just below that is put some free fruit toast in.
Speaker 2: The Also, I think I deserve more credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was actually quite noble, Thank you, because.
Speaker 2: I will firstly credit where credit is due. Mads in the news room absolutely saying she did not need to do that, but she felt guilty because she had a couple of.
Speaker 1: Obviously seeing Slide nineteen on the company manifesto.
Speaker 2: She felt guilty because she had a couple of pieces of the semi communal fruit toast, and then she went out and boord Ali like for like loaf of fruit toasts. Very so I partook in some of the fruit toasts. I had two slices, and then a couple of days later there was three pieces left. There was two heels and a thick middle slice. I didn't want to take the middle slice and just leave a heel, so I had the two heels double healing as well.
Speaker 1: That's what I had to endue weeks prior, and and I believe it's it's almost. That last thick slice is almost almost. There is a warning. I think everyone's too scared to touch it.
Speaker 3: But so are you gonna buy mas a loaf?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Who's that directed to?
Speaker 1: I just sort of shot that comment shot between. I don't know, you didn't really look at anyone, So as soon as we'll just move on.
Speaker 3: You guys didn't buy the initial loaf.
Speaker 2: The semi communal service.
Speaker 5: As was kindly gone because you bullied her so hard she's gone and spent her own money on this, which you've now tucked into.
Speaker 3: So now would you not buy a loaf to then hand down to her.
Speaker 2: I've used some of my honey the other day, Bill, I asked prior to you did, Yeah, you can buy me some honey.
Speaker 3: You said I could use it.
Speaker 2: I let you use it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I didn't steal it.
Speaker 2: I didn't steal the fruit tust.
Speaker 5: No, but she has felt so bad about having the communal fruits semi communal, and.
Speaker 3: That she spent her money.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They'll take it out with the complaints department, just sweed it through them.
Speaker 1: I also got to say, maybe this is also a complaint. Maybe this is coming off as like unnecessary, but it's almost at this point it's annoying that it's become a new thing where we get family packets of tim Dams. I've done a good job at resisting the last few days. I'm just like, can we not have a family packet of Timams.
Speaker 3: For a family pack?
Speaker 1: No, I don't want in there. I would honestly prefer to be tim tamless. So it removes that, you know, I don't I don't have that stuff in the house because I know.
Speaker 2: I'll smash it.
Speaker 3: We just don't eat it.
Speaker 1: But that's hard when you're looking.
Speaker 5: Just don't eat, don't ask them for it, don't reach for the jar, don't open the jar, don't touch it.
Speaker 1: That just there's so many.
Speaker 2: It's so rare to see a full jar of like thirty Tim Tams there just going. Stevens, you woke up a bit early this morning, go.
Speaker 5: And have a little miss Steven asked what Tim Tams you wanted, and you said the family pack you said you requested.
Speaker 2: I remember him saying Tim Tams double coated raspberry or whatever, and I just said standard Tim Dams.
Speaker 3: You said, yeah, you said family pack. You did.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't.
Speaker 3: Yes, you did, Yes, you did.
Speaker 2: I can't agree with Liam. If it's there, it's supertending. It's hard at six am, it's hard. I prefer no Tim Dam's no for a toast in the building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I want the porridge back as long.
Speaker 2: As you eat it in the community, as long as you eat it in the provided time slot. And what time slot is that, I don't know. We have to to go to the community board for that. Because it's with this is a team, so we will community.
Speaker 1: There'll be there will be an alarm sounds for cruel time.
Speaker 2: I'll do it when you guys, Yeah, when Lean fires off the gruel alarm, Time for gruel workers, time for your gruel. We should court something else because gruel sounds a bit like sloppy. But we can think about gruels like what they feed the pigs. I think, no, no, no, no girls like what like the peasant boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like what Oliver Swist would porridge. That's what I'm saying that that's why it kind of fits.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you can have your own porridge.
Speaker 1: Bill times feel gruel, and please don't ask us for it anymore because it will not be in it kindly.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, there isn't any more left. What happened.
Speaker 1: What happens in Olive Twists is the main The only thing I know is he eats gruel and he says, please I can have some more, and they're like, get out of here, Dick.
Speaker 3: I don't actually know, because I always get it mixed up with Bill.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I do as well.
Speaker 2: Billy Elliott is a boy who wants to dance and in.
Speaker 5: My head, it goes eat his porridge and then he turns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually I do the same thing. I don't know why. It's something about this just two small little boy movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is?
Speaker 1: Can you look up the synopsis of Billy Elliott Ben?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Billy wants to be a professional ballet dancer, but when his father refuses to support his dream, he secretly goes to ballet.
Speaker 1: Classes and then his dad's proud of him.
Speaker 2: At the end, however, things change when his father sees him dancing and he's actually a beautiful dancer.
Speaker 1: Okay, So a Twist was written in eighteen thirty eight by Charles Dickens. So olive Twist follows an awphan boy in a bleak eighteen thirties workhouse much like much like the workplace here the time, You're gruel who escapes a harsh apprenticeship, falls into a notorious London pickpocket gang, and ultimately discovers his true identity, family, heritage and a safe, happy life. Okay, it's a very different story.
Speaker 3: Could argue it's a bit similar. Wants to find himself pushes through twist. You know what year was Billy Elliott written?
Speaker 2: That's like a film from the nineties.
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 2: Based off in the year two thousand, Billy Elliott real story? Is that a real guy? What about Now's last answer? Is there any tie into that?
Speaker 3: I think Billy Elliott surely was a book.
Speaker 2: Was two thousand? Maybe it was a book. Yeah, it's the real counter renowned. Yeah, such a bad laptop.
Speaker 3: Just say Billy book he was based off?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I think it's sort of fair.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad there's the real life parallels, but it's like, not necessarily it's based on this guy. It's it's basically a lot of people who grew up in sort of mining towns and had like sort of stern blue collar dads, but they wanted to do something in the arts, I supposed, and then their dad.
Speaker 2: Was doing that. His dad wants him to go to boxing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wants him to be fair though, must carry a garside. Yeah, if you were good at ballet and you probab you would help your boxing vice versa. If you're light on your feet, that half half the game.
Speaker 2: Brother, You know, all right, well we should you should do a real flight lamb. I couldn't. I wouldn't. I don't have that dog in me, you can do it. I don't.
Speaker 1: I actually don't have the desire to still do my boxing twice a week.
Speaker 2: But I'm I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like, I feel like when I when I hit someone cleanly, oh ah ship, now they're gonna hit me way more like I'm not like and they always say like when you I think, did I say this the other day? Or like the coach will say when you when you get in, that's the hard work.
Speaker 2: That's when you just keep punching.
Speaker 1: But I if I get in, then I'm sort of like, well, I mean I was, I was a gas out. I can't just like throw punch at forever you gas out. But I'm just like, at a certain point, I'm like, that's enough, and I would give I almost give them a turn.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not just like I mean, I'm just gonna like yeah, And you can actually see at points even if someone's so for example, I'm not, you know, I'm not that experience, but if someone's maybe they've done another couple of rounds so they're a bit more tired, and then all of a sudden they start matching your pace a little bit more, and you can kind of see when people are like like, I don't think I'm a hurt and I don't think I'm hitting people hard enough to go, oh that's as good body shot. They really hurt, but you can see they're kind of gassed. I'm not like I'm going to get you now. I'm like, oh, I'll give them a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't have a killer instinct at all.
Speaker 3: Do you think you could punch me?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, I mean if we had sixteen ounce glasses on some head gear, and was just doing a light bit of sparring, like, would you like punch you as hard as I could? I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: No, okay, Ben, would you punch me?
Speaker 2: Of course I would what I do though, that's nice of you. I pretend to God, you see those videos.
Speaker 1: We actually it would actually be kind of fun to do a team sparring day, even if it wasn't for comment, it would it would be kind of fun.
Speaker 3: I'd go hard.
Speaker 1: But and you're you're quite fit, but like you it is, I don't box. It takes it out of you so quick. It's it's actually amazing, especially when you think if you think you're doing well at boxing and someone's slapping the pads into you, and you're that was a pretty hard hit because someone's slapping down on the pad. But as soon as you're hitting like an eighty kilo bag or even worse, if someone's punching you and you're trying to move out of the way and then punch them back and just remember to breathe of mouth Guarden at the same time, it's like it's just everything goes so quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. One of the great bits was you guys having the boxing match and.
Speaker 2: Then all the fake tats. Yeah, yeah, that was that was fun.
Speaker 1: That was a fun bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I would like to see you both do it, like, actually, we should have a benversely legit.
Speaker 2: Fight round, I mean titanium steel arena, like yeah, Titanum security around cage fight. No, you do the basketball right right, I think?
Speaker 1: Okay, corn Sertur fight there, that's what you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we should do an actual fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, I know. I think you know. If you and you I guess.
Speaker 2: And full respect to you for doing a couple of fights, because.
Speaker 1: I'm like you, you you'd really have to want it.
Speaker 2: I really want it. When I did it, I trained so much harder because you were. I'm going to have found it motivating.
Speaker 1: Yes, you were getting ready for the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool, that's really cool. All Right, I should wrap this up. Yes, we have scrapped it up sufficiently. Sloppy, very nice bit of slop at the back there, But
Speaker 5: That