Speaker 1: Mitch and Laura, you know that the real love of my life is my dog, Delilah.
Speaker 2: Never let Ben hear this, Like, yes, thank God is on different time zones because he's a.
Speaker 1: Crushing No, my boyfriend Ben actually does listen. He knows I love him. But Delilah came first. She's the one that's always there for me, and she'll always be first. And Ben lives overseas. Delilah lives on my lounge, in my bed, in my soul. She's in my soul.
Speaker 3: She's your Australian shep, but with piercing blue eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I got into really big trouble this week and Delilah got some really bad news at the vet. So I did have to take it for any her injections. Yeah, it's pretty serious. She will be okay, but we do have to work through some things. So Delilah was unfortunately told that she's overweight, she's fat, she's fat dog.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? How did the vet say this to you?
Speaker 1: So the vet went to give her her injections, her yearly injections, and she was like trying to get the neck fat to like put the inject and she's, oh, there's a lot, a lot there, a lot of skin there.
Speaker 2: She's got a hearty hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, oh, yes, because she does have her next to the next skin. Then she like ran her hands down under her chest and across her belly, and she's like interesting, And I said what she's rubbing her hands up and down. She's like, I should be able to feel her ribs, but I can't.
Speaker 3: Oh because fat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said she's a big girl. She goes She's like, Delilah, I am sorry, but Delilah is too big. And I said that's not possible. She's like, well, I just waited. She's put on three kilos since she last came. Oh. She's like talking me through. I was like, I don't get it. She eats so well like she and she exercises. I run that dog ten kilometers plus a day.
Speaker 2: You really do. I feel like I feel like you live your life walking because you are literally walking, Delilah.
Speaker 1: I do take my business meetings walking everything, walking, wake up, walking, sleep walking. So she's like talking through what she eats, and let's get to the bottom of this, because if they're not eating too much, they have a medical condition. She's like, maybe she has a medicalok.
Speaker 3: So she's trying to work out if you're the problem or of Delia's got underlying stuff.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking out loud, and as I go through it, I realized what the problem is. I'm like, well, she just eats really good kibble at dinner because it's really good for their teeth and it's nutritious. She's like, okay, what brand told of the branch. She goes, no, that's great. That doesn't make sense. She's like, is that all she eats with it? And I said, well, I obviously put salmon, fresh salmon in the kibble as well, because because salmon's really good for their cod.
Speaker 2: What a lot of people don't know is that Brittany also puts it into the air fryer and cooks it for her first, and it's Raman grade salmon.
Speaker 3: And for any other human. She has one for John West.
Speaker 2: Phil, a little salmon for Brittay, and one for Brittany's stop.
Speaker 1: It's so accurate. So I put the salmon in as well, and she's like, okay, well that's not the worst thing, like that's quite good for them, and I was like yes, And of course, then I add in the meatballs she's like, hang on the same meal and I said yes. So she's like she has salmon kibble and meatballs and I'm like, correct, because that's the protein start from birth.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So she's just like, oh my god, so you have kibbl salmon pimples in one thing. And I was like, absolutely, yes, that is completely accurate, and sometimes put sweet potato that I've also put in there for I in there as well for the vegetables. She's like, she's like, well, she was I guess that that's too much for one meal.
Speaker 3: Is that all she eats all day?
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, that's just dinner. She said, what do you mean. I said, well for breakfast she has peanut butter toast. Oh my god, I got I got expelled from the bed. It's like being She's like, you can't even be patient. No.
Speaker 2: I know that you loved Delilah, but this is like negligence. This is the opposite Like if you do that to you to your child, if you like overfed your child to a point where they were like I'd be in trouble for it.
Speaker 1: Oh you should see Delilah. Now. She won't even look at me. Last night, I gave her a bowl of kibble and that's it.
Speaker 3: There was no extra shoes.
Speaker 1: A shame she did. She turned her nose up at it and she won't look at me. She she's done.
Speaker 3: Do you think people work on dogs? Everyone's on it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I could try a small dose form.
Speaker 2: I mean it's hard to come across the days because people were diabetic, actually needed. If you want to start giving it to your dog as.
Speaker 1: Well, she's going to be diabetic soon.
Speaker 3: You know what else? I came over the other night to BRIT's house and went, oh, we're having meatballs. She went, don't touch the meatballs. They're not for you, they're for the dog.
Speaker 2: And you know what she has in her cupboard for you, like some dusty old markers and half attender of tuna. They've been open four weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Milk gar FicT your priorities