Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: When me saying anyone could be calling, that has been true in the last almost two weeks. On Who's Calling Christian? It was about half an hour ago we gotcha Lightning of Energy and rock and Roll. The drummer from Journey, Dean Costronova, gave us a call thanks to one of you asking to He was amazing, Jackie, by how many people have our awesome listeners managed to get to call the show. This year's Who's Calling Christian.
Speaker 4: Dean takes us to number forty one.
Speaker 3: Wow, I think we'll be heading up to fifty time I played some of the voicemails. These are just amazing voicemails that came in after the show yesterday. Who's Gone in Christian? Then you'll pick the winner over the weekend. We've been out some the top five. At nine you don't picked the winner, and the winner the celebrity gets twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice and which one of you asked them to call the show. You also get twenty five thousand dollars as well. Let's here there are some of the voicemails that have come in, and then.
Speaker 5: This message might contain mature content. Hey guys, Jerry Springer here and Christian. I just heard from Lima. She told me about your show. It's wonderful what you're doing. I certainly want to urge people to donate with the Children's Cancer Foundation. I happen to know Christian by the way, that you are a man of good character. And you might well say to me, well, how do I know you're a good character. I'll tell you how I know. I checked out records and as I look at them, here let me see. Yep, Christian, you have never been on my show. So good for you, and remember take care of yourself and each other.
Speaker 3: Well wait, I'm just hearing that voice. What a big show that was, Jerry Springer. Do you remember the younger boys? They have killed the show and got it? When you going to speak to the younger boys, journey the younger boys, they're often on the bill together. The Anger Boys are calling.
Speaker 6: Hi, Christian, we heard you're doing. Who's calling Christian? Guess who's calling? The boy team from the Benga Boys. We absolutely love to be in your show, and of course we'd love the chance to win bushfire relief efforts twenty five k. Their work is really important for your country, and we keep on supporting them anyway we can. Listeners spread the word. Oh and there's one more thing we'd really, really really love, and that is you checking our YouTube channel and other social media to check out our brand news single nineteen ninety nine. So hope to meet you there. Thanks, Christian, have a great show. Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Let's get on that. Let's get a bit of that hot new sound from the Younger Boys. We thought they'd peat with this.
Speaker 7: You got another one.
Speaker 3: We need to get a cross out. Let's go meet Kim on the Benga Boys. All right, As always, with who's calling Christian, you never know who you're going to.
Speaker 8: Hello mister Christian. O'conno, sir, I am you know that the Kats from Compare the market calling for Ms Melinda Bell I.
Speaker 3: Mean it mostopen any of the clients you winsteam with a wine getting a free plug? Is this is this legit?
Speaker 8: Hello, mister Christian Ocondle.
Speaker 3: And because there was not being paid for the voice over gig, he's only doing half the voice, isn't he?
Speaker 8: Hello, mister Christian o'condle, sir, I am, you know, calling for Miss Melinda Bell, a wonderful nurse who nominated me to call you.
Speaker 9: What do you bring?
Speaker 10: He wants a real celebrity on this segment.
Speaker 7: Give me a phone.
Speaker 10: Well, I would like to nominate the Act for Kids charity. They attacking care of little peoples of Australia. Anyway, it's been delightful to have my voice on your program. Sorry about Sergey butting his butt in. Let's be making more good radio together.
Speaker 1: Simple Okay, Hey Christians, cal sefan over here from the Today Show, just letting you know. I've called on behalf of Got You for Life. The guys they're doing brilliant work with mental health. I'd love to see them win the money. We'll catch up with the very soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Col Gooday, Christian, it's Will Anderson here. Nice to talk to you, mate. How are you Oh that's right, you can't answer. I'm leaving a message on your machine this morning. I'm calling Christian on behalf of the Asylum Seeker Resource Center ASRC dot org dot au. The Asylum Seeker Resource Center are based in Melbourne and Conn and his crew do incredible work supporting asylum seekers all over Australia and indeed all over the world, fighting for their rights, for their justice, and just supporting them in general. And while I'm here, mate, cheeky little plug, if you don't mind, I have a brand new TV show. It's on the ABC on Wednesday nights eight point thirty after Hard Quiz. It is called Question Everything, and it is a comedy panel show about misinformation, disinformation and fake news. It has been described by some critics as is least as interesting as a Christian O'Connell interview with Seal so Hi praise mate.
Speaker 3: To last Friday. Hey, it's live radio, that's all. Not going to see some work some Seal. All right, We've got some more voice smails to play next, including one one the stars and icon of Ossie Cinema, one of the funniest movies ever.
Speaker 12: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Who wants to hear? Some new stuff from the Younger Boys?
Speaker 4: Yes, play doun.
Speaker 3: We loved seminals How They're not in the Hall of Fame. Baker Boy Finger Boys are back with a new song. I already love it. Let's sing about the ship.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah again.
Speaker 3: It carries on that fever up so much, showed no lyrics, heavy on that whole keyboard, brilliant, guys said out ten, it is the lyric.
Speaker 4: I want to go back to nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 13: I don't know this is Harry again because it's so good double play.
Speaker 3: So good like it, don't mind it now. I don't know why the produces would only just exus with a twenty second clip. Guys, can we have a thirty second one for after the own break? That is a way to hook and listeners. If we tell you we've got an extra ten seconds, we're going to give you on that. All right, some more voice smells? What about this guy? A legend?
Speaker 14: Hi, Christian, It's Michael Caton here from Back to the Rafters. My charity is the UNACR, because I reckon the United Nations Organization.
Speaker 2: Of the Refugees is going to be pretty busy. That's what I'd like to vote for. And Christian, if you're a fan of Back to the Rafters, I just want to let you know we're back on their on the seventeenth on Amazon Prime, So be there or be square.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Michael, can you mentioned the cost you one of the greatest movies of all time. Nothing about that, Michael Patsy. You remember Debbie Gibson, Yeah, Electric Eith. Yeah, well without the team, I've got that one. They've got Lost in a Rise. Nobody asks you, and do you remember Debbie Gibson?
Speaker 4: Do Christian?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 3: Say I remember Lost in Eyes?
Speaker 15: I remember Lost in Eyes?
Speaker 3: Gives left us a message here.
Speaker 16: She is, Hey, Christian, It's Debbie Gibson here calling all the way from Las Vegas. The incredible Louisa Cacamo split into my dms on Instagram. There's an organization that I've just discovered called Minus eighteen that does incredible work for lgbt QI, A plus youth. I am currently performing in Vegas with new Kid on the Block Joey McIntyre. So can you guys please play Please Don't go girl. The listeners of Gold one oh four point three, Hi everybody and Christian hope to see you soon. Take care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, wellbut why she said that? If you guys have had a history, I only got time to get into it right now. Guys, long story short, do you want to hear next to sixteen seconds? So total of thirty six seconds? Leave of the new sound from the Venga Boys. So I didn't set it up right. It's called nineteen ninety nine. They want to go back to it. That's what we presume they're talking about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as we presume, guys.
Speaker 3: Oh when it drops here, that's my favorite bit of so many favorite bits. Great to have the Venger soundback twenty twenty one. Kids. I'm going to have to have another five seconds.
Speaker 4: You were looking for ways yesterday to bomb with your daughter over new music. I think we found out about.
Speaker 17: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, we are into the last seven minute cent on who's calling Christian. Some voicemails that have come in whilst've been doing this. Chris North, you'll know from many things. Patsy of course, mister Big Sex and the City, your favorite show. It's not on anymore stage you were googling. I know it's much that Sex and City coming back anyway, He's left this.
Speaker 18: Hi, Christian, it's Chris. I'm someone who's very involved with the environment and the two groups that I give to the first one is Rainforest Action Network, which I've belonged to since nineteen ninety and green Peace, both passionate about saving the planet.
Speaker 19: I don't need to tell you about climate change. You read enough. I'm sure to know what's going on. So my guilty pleasure song Rick James, I love you Mary Jane. That's my guilty secret. Love that Rick James song.
Speaker 18: What's big guilty pleasure song?
Speaker 19: One less fell to answer.
Speaker 18: By the fifth to mention anyway, I'm glad you're a fan of Sex and the City.
Speaker 19: And just to let you know, I'm in the new one coming up too, So hope you enjoy that. All right, Christian, continue your good work and be well.
Speaker 3: Thanks. And then Chris flushed the toilet and got out that toilet.
Speaker 4: Did it sounds like he was running a bath in the back eyes.
Speaker 3: I need I needed a really big drop off, a big one at the pole. I'll do it. Then, does that take us to fifty?
Speaker 4: Now that takes us to fifty?
Speaker 3: That is good?
Speaker 15: Hey, Christian, it's Ali Langton here from the Today Show, just letting you know that I've caught on behalf of the Mirabelle Foundation. It's a tiny charity that runs on the smell of an oily rag. So the guys at mirabel they help children who have been orphaned or abandoned by drug use. The foundation has had remarkable success breaking the cycle of drug addiction and keeping these kids within their extended family so they don't go into care. The money would help save so many kids. I'd love to see them win. Hope to catch you soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Ali Langdon Boomers, Christian.
Speaker 12: This is Brian Gorgon from the Australian Boomers with my Rolls Gold medal around my neck. I am calling to support a friend of mine, Gary Barber and his father Colin Barber, formed a company called Red Dust to put into the Aboriginal community up north. Thank you so much for taking my call. I just think it's a great thing you're doing here.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you Brian. Good day Christian.
Speaker 17: It's Anthony here from the Wiggles.
Speaker 3: This is a third Wigle, isn't it. We've got Marie, we've had Greg. We go Anthony.
Speaker 8: Good Christian.
Speaker 17: It's Anthony here from the Wiggles, just leaving you a quick message. So you though, I have called on behalf of the legends at Make a Wish Australia. They've got no government funding. Make a Wish relies on the incredible generosity and support from donors, so I'd be absolutely stoked if they won the money. Also, a song I listened to when there's no one else around is Rupert Homes the escape song, commonly called the Pina Colada song. Catch you sooner, mate.
Speaker 3: Dean Box will go for that, wasn't it? I love that song?
Speaker 4: His song, but he just loved it so much he wanted to tell us that story of it.
Speaker 3: One last one brilliant standard Comedian Stephen k Amos.
Speaker 7: Hi, Christian Connell, it's me, your best friend, Stevie k Amos in fact, otherwise known as Stephen k Famos. I'm actually calling you from London, you know, the United Kingdom where you used to live. Basically, a friend of mine informed me that if I called you, there is a potential that they will win twenty five thousand dollars, or more importantly, a charity of my choice will also win twenty five thousand dollars. So Christian, do the right thing. The charity of my choice is the Mary Potter hospit in Adelaide, which looks after young children in a very extraordinary situations. So you know, come on, mate, I know you Christian, You're a Christian. Do the right thing. Love be babe, call me been too long?
Speaker 1: Bye?
Speaker 3: All right, we got the ad break and then if no one else calls during the next three minutes, we'll be announcing the top five and then you can go and hear those calls back in full. You pick the winner, and then on Monday, that's where we give away the big money.
Speaker 17: Cal a brighter No, you're listening to the christian O Carl Show Podcast.