Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: Whoo.
Speaker 4: Everyone loves trolls.
Speaker 2: I sat on just the poll.
Speaker 5: As I previously stated, I can boob you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three Show one two hundred and twelve.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh my god, the glow have you seen the cloe come from Patsy.
Speaker 6: I've noticed that I don't use aura.
Speaker 7: I don't use the word halo very often, but all I just called it as I say, I can't even look rightly adet because it's like twenty sons. Because someone here has arisen once more as a radio ACRO winner.
Speaker 5: Patsy Yo double awards back to back.
Speaker 7: It was the big radio awards of the weekend in Sydney and Patsy won the same awards he won last year, second time running.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 8: You may now refer to me as Dame Patsy plays to.
Speaker 7: To be honestly, we have been doing that for a while before I ever met you.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, Look honestly, and I did say Friday, I really honestly didn't. I sort of my spidery senses generally, I know when I feel good about something.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 8: And I just had no hint at all Friday, Like, I honestly thought, like, what are the chances of back to back?
Speaker 4: I'm so overwhelmed?
Speaker 6: Has any news presenter everyone back to back?
Speaker 2: Best news reading?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 4: Sure, Jack, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Sure, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: But it is incredibly overwhelming.
Speaker 8: And deb Knight read out the nominees, which was also a thrill for me because.
Speaker 5: To explain to people who I listen to this, who is Deborah Knight?
Speaker 4: Oh, Deborah Knight's a big She's a Knight's mom.
Speaker 8: No, No, Deborah Deborah Knight is a legendary news reader and journalist. She's on two GB at the moment. And I've always loved Deb's work and introduced myself to it the Istragion opened a couple of years ago. You know, I was one of those annoying people. I thought, you know what, I'm just going to go up to her and tell out how much I adore her. Anyway, when I walked into the room Saturday night, she actually remembered me and came up to me before the awards even got underway.
Speaker 4: So that was a thrill.
Speaker 2: You must have left an impression at the tenth.
Speaker 4: Jack, I must have, and Dicky was there as well. But it was, oh, it was. It felt different to last year. What are you laughing at?
Speaker 6: We didn't say who Dicky was either.
Speaker 5: We're going to get quite the story here.
Speaker 4: The story at the end of the night.
Speaker 8: No, No, it did feel different to last year.
Speaker 4: Like last year felt, I don't know, I can't explain it.
Speaker 8: This year I felt. I think I've grown a lot this year. If I can sort of sound a bit egotistical, I think I've grown a lot within myself and into my skin. And I think that's a lot to do with now I'm in my fifties and I'm probably more comfortable and confident perhaps, But what I love most about yes, it's a news reading award, but it's also a out What I love most about my job is obviously working on the show, but also the connection with the audience. And I love obviously informing people, but telling them stories. That's that's what I love.
Speaker 4: You live for stories. And yeah, I'm just I'm really overwhelmed.
Speaker 7: I see its huge. You so deserve all the recognition you're getting. At the load it's been. It's been too long before you've had due recognition for just how great you are. So tell me what was your reaction from Like, because Chris there where we love God was there and Audi was there as well.
Speaker 5: They must be so proud of you.
Speaker 4: Oh, they were so excited. So they were staying.
Speaker 8: It was held at Star City in Sydney and they were staying in the hotel, so they were like six flights up and did in.
Speaker 5: Fancy bringing them down so they could actually see you. Take the key with me.
Speaker 7: Don't get don't come out, don't come down, embarrassment, it's ummy's night.
Speaker 4: I said to them.
Speaker 8: They were very reluctant, but I said, I think you'll be allowed to come to the red carpet just to see, you know, what happens and helps. It was more about involving them because they're such a major. I couldn't do this if it wasn't for Chris is just phenomenal and lets me most of all, lets me be me and doesn't want to change me and just accept. You know, it's a hard life. You guys would know it's a hard life for your partners. It's almost like being a single parent a lot of the time. You know, they pick up so much of the slack, and then when you are home in the second part of the day, you can be so tired and grumpy. And they do have to pick up so much to the slack their husband and wife a lot of the time. And he is he is an absolute rock. He's absolutely phenomenal as a dad and I love him to bits. And it's as much their award as it is mine. And Caitlyn producer Caitlyn had Audy on FaceTime and.
Speaker 6: So they did come down to the red carpet, or they did.
Speaker 8: Come down to the red carpet and then retreat it because it was just you know, it's a squash, you know what it's like.
Speaker 4: It's just people everywhere.
Speaker 6: So he's everyone in their suits and they're in their tracky decks or did they know.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 8: Sequish again, he did have his boat shoes on and his denim shorts.
Speaker 5: But you know, I like that look.
Speaker 7: To be fair, he's probably slightly smarter than some of the troublerdytes that work in radio that come into the old Big Smoke once a year for a radio award and a drink up.
Speaker 8: But Alreadie, when I got back to the table. It was very early the award, It was like eight thirty.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 8: It's normally sort of they push news off to the back end of the of the night, so that kind of took us unawares.
Speaker 7: It's like, well, okay, well then they probably realized last year she's been drinking.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do before she gets like a second win.
Speaker 6: Otherwise she don't let him go in that microphone.
Speaker 5: Make sure it's done before night.
Speaker 8: Chairs at getting thrown across the room. So yeah, so Caitlin was facetiming ords and she sent me you know the party emoji and goes.
Speaker 4: Yay your number one again, mum, And and.
Speaker 8: I just wrote back to her, you know everything I do wards this is all for you.
Speaker 7: And I up on the sixth floor that don't come down. I told you don't watch your face time you're not here. I have no look at the red carpets. It's actually mum thing.
Speaker 4: And I just wanted it to know.
Speaker 8: When we tell her all the time, never let anyone tell you that you can't do anything, because.
Speaker 7: Ad you pick that up all the FaceTime. Wifi's gotta go. Okay, I catch up with you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go, I got a party, got a guy.
Speaker 8: But I wanted to know that because all through my career I've been told by people that, no, you're not good enough for know you're the news girl. You can't cut into being on the show with people you meant to do the news. And that's, you know, tribute to Christian the way that he does our show and the way he's always done his show. He's involved the whole team, and I'm so grateful for the opportunities that show.
Speaker 5: You deserve it, deserve it.
Speaker 7: You know it's a well done pat so you really deserve your double awards as well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 7: On the show today to the next half an hour. You'll chance to come and join us Wednesday night for dinner, drinks, Enough to Tina for Tina Turner Musical. Also Oasis tickets go and sell tomorrow. You can win them today and tomorrow with us. And we got brand new misheard lyrics after the show on Friday, you brought young Gordon and your son who you have trained very well.
Speaker 5: What do you mean well, Gordon on a Friday? Jackie Boy.
Speaker 7: The fact that every day off the show, Jackie Boy likes to heighten out of it a sap.
Speaker 6: The weekend this started, especially with the weather getting nice.
Speaker 5: You can't give us three minutes at night, brought his son in. Did you see him? But he was there for a long Patsy.
Speaker 4: He is Jackie's so beautiful young lad. Oh my god, a good squish.
Speaker 5: He is such a beautiful boy. And he's a tall, lean boy like you.
Speaker 6: Were more likely ringer Jack, my god, well Jack is his dad. Yeah, especially he got a new haircut recently, and photos of me at that age is a.
Speaker 5: Speaking image genomenal. It's beautiful.
Speaker 7: But after about two and a half minutes, young Gordon went, can we go now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I saw you were giving him the signal hands signal or something if you the radio.
Speaker 5: To be more entertaining afternoon. But I was like, wow, that is forget how he looks like Jack. He's now just letting us know. I'm done with you humans. I'm done.
Speaker 7: And Jack didn't do any other parent might go no, no, no, Gordy, We're just going to chat these people, have you see now, let's go there And then Dad left so and then the anchor looked awkwardly like, oh see you guys, They love to see you all as Jack and his somewhat gone vapors out the door.
Speaker 5: So how did Bianca get on yesterday?
Speaker 7: Because it was a mouth and half mouth and then the tank and your wife was running.
Speaker 2: Then she was running in the ten Ca.
Speaker 6: So that's why they're here on Friday picking up the race bibs from the MCG.
Speaker 5: All right, we thought it was just going to hang out with us.
Speaker 6: And then on Sunday we went and sat in the G. What a spectacular eventity is sat in the G while everybody, all the runners, thousands of people are coming through the finish line. Do they do a lot of the G and then finish?
Speaker 5: What an amazing way to finish a marriage.
Speaker 2: It's honestly, it was such a.
Speaker 5: Good offense, just like getting really emotional of the G.
Speaker 6: The Nike Melbourne Marathon and they had a live stream up of the front runners of the marathon. You could go on the app and stick in anybody's name and you could track how they were going. So at all times we could see on a little map where Bianca was running around Melbourne and how what her time was in her estimated finishing time, and she smashed it.
Speaker 2: We were so proud she had.
Speaker 5: To set some when we saw she wanted to do under an hour.
Speaker 6: She wanted to do an under an hour. She'd never run that before, did a lot of long distance running before Gordy was born, but has been slower since giving birth to him. And now she's she's back running faster than she's ever run. She got fifty four minutes trying to beat an hour, so absolutely smashed.
Speaker 5: So how does it wanted then to the marathon runners coming first or is it just like chaos?
Speaker 6: No last because they got the longest to run, so they she went about the same time I think as the marathon runners, and then everybody's just coming in. It goes all the way down to like two k, five k, ten k half full, so there's people everywhere. You can hardly see when you're watching people across the finish line. There's like twenty people at a time crossing. So thank god for that little app that says the anchor is expected at this pace to finish at eight twenty nine am, so you can you know, you said you're watching, like all right, you should be in there at some.
Speaker 5: Point that it was a g pact with like families and.
Speaker 6: It was such a nice I met a lot of our listeners there. Thank you everybody who came up and said hello. Gordy was there. He had a brand new sign. I took your advice. We made a new sign for Gordon hung around his neck that said you inspire me Mama, and we're a very proud family moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Normally, during the show, the producers pretty sprightly, lively team, a lot of vibes, lot of energy, silence.
Speaker 5: Today, I've noticed that hungover lightweights.
Speaker 4: You should have seen it.
Speaker 7: Oh. I had to get on the plane and fly back an hour and I felt dreadful up there in the sky may Hangover party.
Speaker 5: Rio had two steaks for breakfast.
Speaker 6: With one who even is doing a guest steak in a buffeto.
Speaker 7: This is this is this is where I mean. The streets are paved with steaks in Sydney. Who can eat two steaks in the morning.
Speaker 9: I was ravenous on Sunday morning and the breakfast buffet at the Star is so good.
Speaker 2: They had had two steaks.
Speaker 9: I had eggs, benedict coached eggs, bacon loading up for a week and it was just like no matter how much I ate, I still wasn't getting any more full.
Speaker 2: I got home and I was still so hungry.
Speaker 5: Where where is the steak option at any hotels all over the world? Where's the steak man?
Speaker 4: And everything? Ice cream as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Ice cream, chocolate covered strawberries, a chocolate fountain. The steak was next to the egg bars, so you go up to it makes sense for.
Speaker 5: Or scrambled or heavy you want it.
Speaker 9: But then steaks and they were really good to like big pieces tender.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And how's the head today?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 2: I feel good today? That actually I.
Speaker 5: Went to bed at six pm last night.
Speaker 7: Only hungover people go to bed, especially now the clocks have changed. It's so light at six in the evening. Now you went to bed before two year old show.
Speaker 9: If I may deflect, Caitlyn at the airport couldn't even order a coffee. Then when she went to order, she goes, oh, they're just one soy cap and the person goes, oh, yeah, would you like to dine in or take away?
Speaker 2: And Caitlyn goes, yes, Caitlyn dining take away, Caitlyn normal milk, And she's like, you know, I just step in and be like just we'll have it here.
Speaker 5: That girl doubles sakes to feel better.
Speaker 2: Simply the best night of your life.
Speaker 5: So you won't be drinking on Wednesday night? All right? No, they're all in recovery this week. Rehamb for the team compulsory.
Speaker 7: All right, earned the Turner to come out with us Wednesday night dinner, drinks and then off to see the amazing show Tina, the Tina Turner Musical. Who We Got here Now?
Speaker 5: Good morning to Zara, Hello, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning Zara. So you beg Tina Turner fan? What's the deal mate?
Speaker 11: I love her music, but I also love musicals as well, so I thought maybe i'd get the best of both worlds.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: It's an incredible musical, honestly, really really spectacular.
Speaker 5: So did you do drama at school, Zara? I did.
Speaker 11: I'm out of school now, but I've done my fair share of musicals. I think one of the highlights was playing a tap dancing seagull and just squawking around the stage in Little Mermaid.
Speaker 6: Why don't We I remember that from the movie.
Speaker 7: With a drama teacher that we need to give that Zara kid a bit more for.
Speaker 5: The seagull character her mum's email.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was funny. Actually, I was always wanted to be on stage, so I'd always poke out of the wings and the director would Mike yell out to me, so get behind, get behind.
Speaker 5: The winks, no, come out onto the stage.
Speaker 11: So he would always be like, now, you know what, we can have a seagull flying outside, you know, on the beach or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: I'd kind of just improvise and run out whenever I wanted, mind you, this was in rehearsals. I had to get the approval and lo and behold I did so I was quite grateful.
Speaker 7: Great, Well, listen, Sara, you're coming on Wednesday. I bring the old tap shooter o caap.
Speaker 11: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: You never know someone one of the casts might be here and go there's no one here like I could a I don't know, tap dance the seagull.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, that would be amazing.
Speaker 5: Sunday.
Speaker 7: You're ready, Hey, listen, we see you Wednesday night.
Speaker 5: So look forward to me toing you Wednesday.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Measure. Michael, come on in, Michael. Yes this is Michael. Yes, this is Christian. Christian meets Mike.
Speaker 1: My first time ringing right.
Speaker 5: First time caller. Well, listen, Michael, I want to take the partner here.
Speaker 8: We're living.
Speaker 5: Grand kids, Well, they can't all come. That's the entire row. We can't have all your family there, so you can to bring in.
Speaker 12: We're not bringing the grand kids.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, this is at night forties life here. Yeah, he's going to need double steaks Thursday morning. And this is good. This is what we want. And Michael, you're a big Tina Turner fan, or we just want a free night out.
Speaker 12: I'm sixty.
Speaker 11: That was our music.
Speaker 5: That was the best music.
Speaker 4: Michael, Oh, my sounds threatening.
Speaker 5: Yeah. He always speaks some very short utterances looking forward to me. Yeah, yeah, Michael, was seeing you and your wife Wednesday night. Oh in sensational thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: What happened to you over this weekend?
Speaker 7: Text me let me know in six words to four seven, five three one oh four three Every Monday we share our weekend stories.
Speaker 5: Well look for yours as well. Six word weekend, what happened to you this weekend?
Speaker 2: And Christian test.
Speaker 9: Using six words or less.
Speaker 2: Tellingbut your weekkend?
Speaker 9: Did you roller skate or learn to play chess.
Speaker 5: No one ever, No one's a weekend ever. All right, it's five minutes pout seventh.
Speaker 6: This is in my sixth word weekend. But I have a new high chess rating. Oh my god, hundreds.
Speaker 2: That's very good.
Speaker 5: Where were you mates?
Speaker 2: I was in the twelfth.
Speaker 6: You gotta you go up chronology, so you come from twelve to thirteen hundreds.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well done, that is good. Any dad who's got time with a T year old too master chess, which is exactly like T twenty. So our short form game is also deserves a round the FOS world incredible skills. All right, My six word weekend is screw driver. Legacy continues. Today we start to move in my twenty year old daughter Ruby into her first house share picked up the keys Thursday, her and two of her university mates, and over the weekend she said to my wife and I, you know, and then this is going to be This will be my home. And my wife went no, no, no, because Holme's here, and I sort of squeezed her arm like that that's changing.
Speaker 5: Now this will be our home.
Speaker 7: So today I give her, as a kind of housewarming gift, a screwdriver set she bought secondhand bed over the weekend. Right, normally it's my job to abviously put that together. So I said, look after the radio show, I'll come up to the new place as Scottville. I'll put it all together.
Speaker 5: Trying to know.
Speaker 7: All I need are the tools, I'll put it together. And I was like, wow, that's what you wanted me, twenty year old. But I'm already being replaced by my twenty year old. She just wants the tools to do the job of south And I went, can I needs to do the tough pitch screw in, screw in the into the slats.
Speaker 5: You need a crosshead for that. She went, just give me the crosshead. I want to do the slats myself. I was like, always done the slats. Please give me one job now, just tiding the slats of the bed. She doesn't even want that.
Speaker 6: Surely there's some heavy furniture like a wash or dryer that you can carry in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm allowed to lug in the fridge. No one wants to do that. I'll get the old man to do that.
Speaker 13: Bit.
Speaker 5: What the hardest thing? Fifty in a fridge?
Speaker 4: Now you're going to do that? What have you got to help you do?
Speaker 5: One friend, My friend Seawan's coming. He's got the trolley. He's got the gear as well. You need that trolley otherwise you're like, you can't.
Speaker 7: Just roll it on its side, put it on a blanket and do that blanket paul thing.
Speaker 2: Why can't you have a fridge on its side?
Speaker 5: Why are they so the gas in it, the free.
Speaker 7: On whether that gas in them doesn't like being put on its side? No, no, you have seen it. You ever seen a fridge on its side?
Speaker 5: Freezer?
Speaker 7: Because it's old gas, old gas, fridge gas when it wants to lie down and die, becomes a freezer, it's frozen.
Speaker 5: Okay, but no, it's got to be upright.
Speaker 7: So I'm giving us, as a housewoman gift our own set of screwdrivers. So it's got obviously the crosshead, the flathead, and then a set of hex keys as well.
Speaker 6: So she builds a bed today and then first night in the house tonight.
Speaker 7: Yes, and then we've been invited around for dinner in three weeks time, just time.
Speaker 6: To get everything everything in its place.
Speaker 14: I'm pana rent I my own key. They want to come around to dinner tonight, I'll come around for dinner tonight. And my own screwdrivers out. I make my own chat Jackie boy, what's your six word?
Speaker 6: Weekend, we went to daytime karaoke on Saturday as a family. It existed, neither did. I. Bianke booked it. Gordy me Bianco in the private karaoke booth.
Speaker 7: And just member of just tuned in. Me need to show Gordy is Jack's two year old son. So what were you out drinking beforehand?
Speaker 6: Well we weren't, but I only associate going to one of those karaoke booths was.
Speaker 7: Never done to carry a nice sober Who of us can see you've done karaoke sober?
Speaker 6: So it was a strange experience. It's the same one that you would go to after midnight, but this was a three pm booking in the middle of the day and we went in.
Speaker 5: There's good fun.
Speaker 6: It was a slow start, I'll say that.
Speaker 5: In the afternoon, and suddenly was singing just in front of each other.
Speaker 6: But then it turned into honestly one of our favorite excursions we've ever done with him. I recommend doing karaoke with your kids. This is this is summer, Gordy on Saturday.
Speaker 5: No, I need a drink, I need to run by.
Speaker 6: Notice hearing this, that's him trying to do twist and shower.
Speaker 7: So I thought it was Rio for one of his outakes. Actually it was just Echo and Reverbers. They put on Rio to make him so good. I thought it was from one of the TEENA outtakes.
Speaker 5: This must have been so much fun, weird. I bet he absolutely loved it. So who did country wrote this? Is you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You don't play Gordy, No, no, no.
Speaker 5: This is a guy who put out an album a couple of years ago. For sure. I want to hear Jackie Boy doing it the pro.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, this didn't exactly get the party started.
Speaker 5: What I'm hearing is horrified silence from your family. They're not even sharing you on. They like he might do longer if we cheer him.
Speaker 4: On, and they're trying to be bad.
Speaker 5: Actually, thank you listen, not of all of us have been ACRO winners over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's a hard song to get.
Speaker 10: It is not.
Speaker 2: It's a load.
Speaker 6: Will let me give me permission then to throw my wife under the bus because when she tried to do Whitney Houston this happened.
Speaker 7: Oh dear lord, this is where Echa Revo but let's throw someone else back under that bus.
Speaker 6: There's enough, there's remember the bus anymore?
Speaker 5: So where did you go? If you want to go and do it?
Speaker 2: Ill do it?
Speaker 6: It's called k Box Cafe on a Beckett Street in the city and they've also got a whole lot of games you can play and but the private karaoke booths is where you have a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: So later on this week, King Charles and Chameleon land in Australia, Is that right.
Speaker 4: Pastre on Friday? Yes, for an eleven day tour.
Speaker 5: Are you saying that he's turning up with two of his own doctors?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't trust his throwing doctor.
Speaker 5: No, of course the King not just that. I saw the news yesterday. He's bringing his own blood.
Speaker 4: Isn't Charles notorious.
Speaker 5: For he's bringing his own blood? No, they're not joking. It's on the news. He's bringing his own blood here. What is he? How bad does he think medicine is in Australia where he doesn't this need one doctor. I'm going to leave these two doctors and my own blood and not trusting any of those Australians they want to republic here anyway they put dodgy band blood in if anything happens to King. The King when he's here this week.
Speaker 8: Is notorious for carrying everything but the kitchen sink, though Charles, isn't he when he travels like notorious for taking How do you even then?
Speaker 5: Is he shoving it in the overhead locker?
Speaker 7: There's always that a hole in the blood and one of his doctors get in their ring.
Speaker 8: He packs like everything, is being known to take his own bed places like servants have to pack on.
Speaker 5: He can't be true. I'm sious question the news. Sometimes he's not bringing his own bed here? Is he is?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know here, but he ys and the head's keys.
Speaker 5: Maybe he'd like me to come round flat key flat pack together. Probably this is true, that's right.
Speaker 2: He brings his own bed and his own toilet seat.
Speaker 5: Get this is what? This is what he's nervous about coming here. He knows he's going to get a testing reception here. I already just send to Alan saying she doesn't want to meet him. And now you lot, he brings his own bed and Lucy.
Speaker 6: It's like he's probably got a guy who changes the toilets at every hotel.
Speaker 4: He goes to do it himself.
Speaker 5: So when do you have his own plane like a Royal Force one? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, No he's not going well, he's not going in Jetstar? Is he economy?
Speaker 7: I love to see him him and Camilla beckering about no, it's not my cans put it back. He's got your head on it, Patsy. What's your six word? Weekend?
Speaker 8: Yes, worst case of an airport dad ever. So yesterday when we came back home from from Sydney, Chris gets very tense when we fly, not that he's a bad flyer, but he just is a total control freak. And it's just he has no one else can take the luggage. He's got to be in charge. And even like if we're going overseas passports, he has the passports. No one has jurisdiction over them because Audrey and I can't be trusted. And even like it starts from the second we park, it's like bang, bang bang, we're on a schedule, but you know we've got heaps of time. It's like no, and we all have to go like single file and follow him.
Speaker 5: It's just I'm a Chris all the way. I get very activated as a dad around the airports.
Speaker 7: There's something I actually can't help it, you know. I'm like, this is the quickest way to pass and say, anyone just follow me.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like a switch go.
Speaker 7: Those once made a video of me. I think she put on TikTok called airport Dad. I didn't even notice up there. So about a couple of weeks, lads and I went, was that you?
Speaker 5: And it wasn't a sketch. That's actually how I was. I didn't know she was record. The backpack is on, and I'm like marching ahead, like come.
Speaker 6: On, and you get there like three to four hours before the.
Speaker 5: Better to be there that it's go and sit, go and wait at the gate. I've got the apps, So even though I'm not hanging around on those boards, I know what gate we're going to be at.
Speaker 8: His anxiety was fever pitch yesterday. So when we get there and go to print out our boarding passes because we're on two separate bookings because the company had booked my flight and so I made Chris and Aldi's booking separate.
Speaker 5: That's interesting, no, but I had so what was your reference number? And that I don't know.
Speaker 8: But anyway, so I was able to print off my boarding pass, but it only printed off Audrey's. Chris didn't have a boarding pass, and he goes, oh, well that's great. You haven't booked me a flight, have you. I'm just not going home. Audrey's on a separate flight.
Speaker 7: You're waiting for less blood.
Speaker 4: It's impossible.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I said, no, no, We'll just go to the desk. It said go to the desk and the lady will printed out. Didn't help that we were running late for the flight. So anyway, we got to the desk and I turned around. He's not behind me, and I said to Audrey, where's dad? And she said he's waiting for it to print out at the machine. And I said, it's not going to print out at the machine because it said it wasn't going to. And he's like trying to talk to me across the terminal, and I just had to yell out, Chris, you need to join the queue and the lady will get your boardy.
Speaker 7: There's always a couple losing their sh at each other at every airport and all the rest of us.
Speaker 6: We're going to take a look at these lights.
Speaker 5: You feel so good for once, it's not you two.
Speaker 8: And I'm screaming out across a terminal like a badge, and I'm meant to be like the ACRO winning.
Speaker 7: I actually said to Jack, I wanted him get through this break without her mentioned that she's won an acroward. And there we go at the five minute Market, got dropped.
Speaker 8: Meant to be the back to back ACRO winner, and I'm screaming across the terminal and reluctantly he joined us in Queu when we were fine and we were on the plane and off we were. But he's just impossible. He like turns into a tightally different character at the airport, all right.
Speaker 1: Perty the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, my seventeen year old daughter came out to me brandishing an empty olive oil bottle, right, and then sort of tipped it out in front of me, and there was Anne there as I could see, and she went somehow.
Speaker 5: Literally well, this is what she said, right, somehow we've run out of olive oil.
Speaker 7: And I went, you seem really angry about that, like I failed you somehow as a dad. She're at this well as in, how could you let these circumstances happen. She was generally disappointed in me and my wife that we'd somehow let this terrible situation happen where we have no olive.
Speaker 6: I'll need to speak to the manager.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'd like to speak to that. I just can you go and get your supervisor for me? That's go and get my.
Speaker 15: Wife twelve yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: And so I said to her, this is literally a first world problem, and she said, what does that even mean? So I was trying to explain the concept of first world problems, and so I thought, today I need you help on this. Can you send me today your your examples are first world problems.
Speaker 5: I remember.
Speaker 7: I remember once there'd been a power outage and my rumber. Now that is a first world problem when you fall out with your rumba. The rumber had to go at me when the power came back on, reprimanding me for not turning it off correctly. My rumber actually told me off for not turning it off correctly because it been a power outation. And I was like, this is a first world conversation between my robo rock cleaner and myself.
Speaker 5: This is her first world problem.
Speaker 6: I've got one because since I've started playing golf more recently. Golf courses are the perfect place to look for first world problems. I played with this old guy who was complaining, this was a beautiful day by the way on a tree line course. He said, we're trying to get the local council to cut down some of these trees. Too much shade on the fairways.
Speaker 5: God damn it, nature moons. Rio, you had a first world problem at the weekend that dinner party nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did actually set.
Speaker 5: This all the message yesterday dinner party.
Speaker 7: There might be a phone in on the show Christian Your dinner Party Nightmares. Oh yes, remember when the oysters weren't served right at my corner.
Speaker 5: Of the week Christian audience, Dinner party Nightmares.
Speaker 9: I was trying to make Allison Roman's famous chalotte pasta.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the hardest thing to do, but I didn't take it. King Charles is he coming around, just practicing before he comes?
Speaker 9: But I had all wills my partner's friends over and so I was trying to impress them. But I missed a crucial part of the recipe that said do not put any salt in your pasta water because the past was already very salty.
Speaker 2: You put a lot of pasta water in it. I did not read that.
Speaker 9: So I made this crazy, crazy salty pastor that no one could eat like you had these two vites, and everyone was just like, this is.
Speaker 5: Who was the first person to say something?
Speaker 7: Because you around somewhere, it's very difficult to say something.
Speaker 9: My first bite, I thought, maybe it's just anami bomb, like maybe.
Speaker 5: Even that that's the first world thing to say that.
Speaker 2: I looked around the room. I saw everyone was kind of just like rodding and moving lots of water.
Speaker 9: Actually, so I broke that. I was just like, I've just got to face it. I said, this is too salty to eat. We're getting tired.
Speaker 7: Did anyone go no, no, no, no, that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: I was getting a lot of It's so nice that you even like went.
Speaker 5: To the mind.
Speaker 6: You can't still eat it, but you put We noticed, and we acknowledged it.
Speaker 2: Tried exactly.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to explain the concept of first world problems to my seventeen year old daughter after she moaned yesterday that somehow we've run out.
Speaker 5: Of olive oil. I said, if this is the worst day of your life. You're can have a great life.
Speaker 7: Butter is available. It's okay. We're going to get through this tough moment together. Christian and I took my six year old Sun for breakfast over the weekend. He complained there were too many pips and his fruit smoothie. First world problems Christian. My first world problem. The battery on the keyfob to my Porsche needs.
Speaker 5: Replace him.
Speaker 7: Mark Green, Christian, My first world problem. Our wine cellar flooded a couple of weeks ago. Absolute definition of first world problem. Christian, first world problem. Chardonnay as the only white wine offering in quantus domestic economy a while back.
Speaker 5: Shocking, what do you mean there's nothing else? No opinial greed Christian.
Speaker 7: Whenever we have to restart the house modem because of a phone work update, my teens just go crazy, like.
Speaker 5: They lose their mind because there's more minute connection. For about three.
Speaker 7: Minutes, they start to act like their life is not worth living.
Speaker 5: My kids do that.
Speaker 7: We're like traveling somewhere, like you guys getting this is no Wi Fi here, We've got no service here, there's no there's no phone service. Chrishion Our first world problems at home for my wife. One pillow is too low, two pillows is too high.
Speaker 6: That is true.
Speaker 5: That's in a nutshell. There you go.
Speaker 7: You've nailed it into one line. Paul Wallace, very good. One pillow is too low, two pillows is too high.
Speaker 5: Can we have half a pillow please?
Speaker 7: That's on moaning the other day there was no caramel syrup for their coffee.
Speaker 5: Who are these people that put caramel syrup in their coffee? Anyway?
Speaker 7: All right, keep this coming and looking for your first world problems nine four one four one four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Christian listens to the show this morning. As you're talking about first world problems and trying to explain them to seventeen year old daughter, I was literally dropping my son off for an early trumpet lesson. That is the first world thing, isn't it early before school? Going to cheek a little seven am trumpet listening? Begin the week right with some brass lessons.
Speaker 5: Christian.
Speaker 7: Once on holiday in Fiji, I ordered the wrong pillow from the pillow menu.
Speaker 6: I've been at one hotel where they've had a pillow. Yes, I didn't know, not until you look at a pillow menu that you don't know what kind of pillow.
Speaker 5: Choice do you look at? Too firm, too soft? The medium was still too soft. I had a terrible night sleep. Oh you Fiji. Christ Your first wild problem.
Speaker 7: Fourteen year old George over the weekend was making her ham and cheese toasty and I told her it's going to take about three minutes to cook.
Speaker 5: She went berserk. She I suggested you could just have it like this. She was horrified and said, I'm not eating it raw. It's ham and cheese. It's okay.
Speaker 7: Why it's not raw, I'm not just sliced suffer cow's backside a pick. They more horrified when I told her that she could go without. She hadn't eaten for about forty five minutes, so cleaning on the verge of major starvation. Christian, my first world problem. My spa broke down over the weekend, so I couldn't sit in it and watch Bathus. And this feels that sort of thing my wife could say is that her now polish U and Varna is chipped over the weekend. Yes, my wife is constantly moving out if the shellac or the S and s slhow gets chipped trying. I think it's going to all be taken off. It's a major problem. Lisa's on the line. Good morning, Lisa, good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Were good? So what's your first world problem? Lisa?
Speaker 12: What's my first world problem? So, a couple of weeks ago, the spring broke on our garage door and we had two cars locked in the garage. We had to use our front door. We had to get my husband had to get a list to work, my other son had to take one of our sons to work. My daughter had to get a list to work as well, and I took my husband.
Speaker 5: It was the worst, a two car problem.
Speaker 6: We had to use the front door.
Speaker 5: There but for the grace of God go.
Speaker 12: Us and we had to find the front door keys.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, Lisa, thank you very much for showing your first world problem.
Speaker 5: Hopes and prayers. Everyone hopes and prayers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Good morning to Brett Christian.
Speaker 7: My first world problem and everyone else's is the thirty second dead spot for Internet on the craigyburn Line, ascot Fell the collective groans and look of dismay and anger, as Everybody's podcasts and audio books don't work for thirty entire long seconds is peak first world problems, Brett. That's great, thank you very much. All right, let's do this week's brand new misheard lyrics.
Speaker 10: It's just another misheard day.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's mishard lyrics.
Speaker 7: All right, Heavy Monday on the show, we play back your misheard lyrics as.
Speaker 5: We're playing them back. If we agree with what you.
Speaker 7: Think you're mishearing from the singers, you'll hear this if we don't hear it. And for the great Ones, Hall of Recent, Hall of Famous Johnny last week had this one from DJ Sash.
Speaker 5: And a cauliflower a cauliflower.
Speaker 10: Oh godow.
Speaker 5: It just sounds loose. It's already an odd song anyway, Oh.
Speaker 4: God, oh god.
Speaker 7: I Nomi had rude by magic today morning, jumped out a bear and put on my bear suit, sat.
Speaker 10: On and jumped out of bed, put them.
Speaker 3: Up this suit.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 7: Brand new Ones is going to Tom Stansfield, Bailey Zimmerman and where it ends.
Speaker 5: Fight for you on your worst days.
Speaker 10: Fight yar your worst days.
Speaker 5: Probably guess what that was. It's straight in good morning.
Speaker 7: We're back fart for you on your worst days.
Speaker 5: This it is funny.
Speaker 7: If you're not smiling on that you've had a bad weekend, fart for you on your worst days.
Speaker 5: On your worst day, to cheer her up. Let a little Tommy squeaker out to cheer up. It wouldn't do that. It's an acts of love.
Speaker 7: And that, my friends, is the kind of material that we built a hall of fame on hall. Thank you, tom you know yours looks very well.
Speaker 10: Fight for yard on your worst day makes.
Speaker 5: Me actually worry. Here is funny. Oh double acts here. Paula and Kendall have got this one.
Speaker 7: Stumbling in Chris Norman and Susie Quattro original line, now and then fire lights will catch us stumbling in?
Speaker 5: Or is it now?
Speaker 7: And then fight like a cactus stumbling in? Yes, it is what I'm Paula and Kendall Martin has cold play Viva levida. I used to roll the dice. Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes.
Speaker 10: I used to.
Speaker 5: I've interview Chris Mark many times. He's a lovely pileman. He's not feeling the fear in his enemy's eyes ever?
Speaker 7: Or is the linen I used to roll the dice Fill the fear in my enemy's ass.
Speaker 5: What's down to these today? I should want you. The team are very hungover. I used to roll the dice, fill the fear in my enemy's ass.
Speaker 12: Iggy's too, feel the ass.
Speaker 5: Quake in your ass. Chris Martine is here with his vegan die. I used to roll the dice, fell the fear in my enemy's ass.
Speaker 10: Higgs too, feel the just come on in.
Speaker 5: That's all of failure. Wow, we two great ones today.
Speaker 10: Fun Oh y'are on your worst days?
Speaker 5: Naomi line of Richie all night long, all night.
Speaker 7: Long, or his old man line of Richie furious says, wounds on his lawn freshly, maybe some fresh grass sea has been laid down off my lawn, Off my lawn, off my lawn.
Speaker 5: I know who your parents are. That has been the most terrifying thing, and they will get you. I know who your parents are. Well done.
Speaker 7: And one, finally, one bean called one thing one direction, shot me out of the sky.
Speaker 3: Shady out of the sky, or.
Speaker 5: Is it shout me out to the.
Speaker 3: Sky, shindy out of the sky.
Speaker 5: It was like a little cute one see direction one, doesn't it?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 5: Shout me out to the sky.
Speaker 3: Shindy out of the sky.
Speaker 5: Very good at anchor. All right, those are today's miss hurdler.
Speaker 7: It's has always whenever you mishear them, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Stay with us.
Speaker 7: Twelve minutes past eight Oasis now roll with it coming up next. Tickers go and sell tomorrow to the Oasis shows here in Australia next year. Already had a second date to show at Marvel. You can win them next on nine four one four one oh four three. Look Christian O'Connell show podcast Oasis Live twenty five Marvels Stadium next year Halloween October the thirty first, and on Friday they announced due to the huge overwhelming demand here in Melbourne for the reunited Oasis shows next year, also on November the one tickets go on sale tomorrow at Livenation dot com dot Au.
Speaker 5: But you can win them right now.
Speaker 7: We have a couple of double passes up for grabs on nine four one four one oh four three. These tickets are hot right now. Honestly, I've got I don't know about you guys, but friends of mine who I haven't.
Speaker 5: Heard on for a while.
Speaker 7: Yes, hey, hope the families well for you in at least a year. The family could have left me for you know, are you and it chances to pre sells and code?
Speaker 5: You know all have you got loads of those Oasis tickets?
Speaker 7: I think they think we just working office where all there is is this gig tickets everywhere we go.
Speaker 2: For various and we can't get rid of them.
Speaker 5: To do with all these everywhere on the floor, these Oats tickets all right.
Speaker 7: Lines are open now nine four one four one oh four three. Come get Yourasis tickets. Tell us why you deserve them more than anybody else. Okay, we have Oated tickets right now. You don't need to do what the rest of us are going to do tomorrow on various devices, laptops, mobiles, all hit and refreshed. Lines are open now for Oasis fans that have to be at that show next year. Nine four one four, one oh four three, No mumbling, no gig pigs. Try Fox if you want to win stuff easily.
Speaker 1: Not here The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: Radio with pictures Well in God, Next, Christian, can I.
Speaker 5: Huge of true? Christian?
Speaker 7: Can I swap the cold Play tickets are one for Oasis? Come on now, Chris Martinus listening. That is not on Shame on you, Timothy, first of all problems. But I don't seen happy with your cold Yes, Christian, I'd love to live forever and roll with it at Oasis next year. If you could don't look back at anger and hook me up with some tickets. You definitely maybe making my wonder Wall.
Speaker 6: That's a good except that don't look back in, just shoved in the kieren.
Speaker 5: Keep trying, my friends.
Speaker 7: You've got twenty four hours more tickets tomorrow, but you ain't get them today.
Speaker 5: And nor are you, tim You've got coldplay. That's enough.
Speaker 7: Tracy. Good morning, Tracy, Good morning Christian. So big Oasis fan.
Speaker 13: Absolutely massive Oasis fan. Me and my husband met on Oasis website dating.
Speaker 5: What do you mean website dating? Yeah, well there was.
Speaker 12: A dating website called Oasis.
Speaker 13: We both met on there and now we're happily married and our first wedding dance was through wonder Wall.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is great, Tracy. So I just for Cloudy here.
Speaker 7: It obviously wasn't the band hadn't set up a dating website for Oasis fans. No, no, no, it was just one great idea stones fans looking up with other Stones fans. Maybe can set up our own show dating websites. Tracy, this is great. You have to be at the show next year. You can have a pair of tickets.
Speaker 13: Be amazing.
Speaker 12: My husband will be through the moon.
Speaker 13: You just go absolutely nuts and we will have so much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 5: Great, Tracy, congratulations.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: Christian, Thanks everyone.
Speaker 5: Pleasure and anyone else. Never heard the phrase through the room.
Speaker 7: I mean I'm in over the moon, but even so happy just through the moon show when we.
Speaker 5: Threw the moon, not over the moon. I'm through the moon. Let's go do Andrew. Good morning Andrew, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 12: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good so big Oasis fan.
Speaker 1: Huge Oasis fan.
Speaker 5: I've seen Liam every solo tour. I'm thirty seven, so I've always been too young to see them live before.
Speaker 8: But I've been a huge ur in my whole life.
Speaker 7: We've got to give you pair of tickets. You've got to meet the other brother as well. You've met Liam, now me no see the boys together next year.
Speaker 5: Can wait. It's going to be huge. And are you going? Oh my god, thank you so much. This is the best of my life. You are through the move. Andrew on this show. Through you got It, my friend, more than a radio show.
Speaker 7: Through the Moon Andrew see that and the March Pleasure, Stephanie, Yes, want anything.
Speaker 12: Yes, I am the biggest a way to stand ever. I've been hanging to see them since I was fifteen?
Speaker 5: Can I need to tell us a bit more than that? So how old are you know? It could be seventeen.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you.
Speaker 9: No, no, no.
Speaker 11: When I was in high school, we were such a group is we wanted to go see them and I couldn't go because I'm a strict Greek pair.
Speaker 4: I want to let me go with my friends crying.
Speaker 6: They got well, they didn't like rock and roll.
Speaker 8: Yeh yeah, I like Elvis and.
Speaker 5: Elvis Friend of the Greeks, Oasis, No, friend of the Greeks.
Speaker 7: You have to go for the pure reason about the street Greek parents. This is incredible. Just hope your mom and dad don't have a go at me or come round here. I'm telling me off, I don't want to fat well from the Greeks on the Christian O'Connell show, Big Greek Community.
Speaker 5: We love the Greeks on the show. Stephanie, You've won tickets. Everybody through the move. All right, more chances tomorrow morning on the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 7: Steve just meshes me during that song, Christian, can I win Oasis to swap tim for coldlow hashtag happy wife, happy life.
Speaker 5: Listen. Maybe there's a new thing they're winning swap. This is what you want.
Speaker 7: We listen to you guys, So this is what you want to do is win tickets to trade them for other tickets with other listeners and what they want. Maybe we make this happen. Jackie boy, tell me how you feel in today. This is an interesting and exciting moment for you. Jack's got an interview on a podcast, a brilliant podcast, one of the biggest ones in Australia called Imperfect and Jack is a very deserved special guest on the brand new episode out today.
Speaker 6: Thank you for saying. Man, If I'm honest, I have a not in my stomach right now about it coming out. It's a podcast I love. It's very vulnerable and open. I'm very happy to listen to other people be vulnerable and open. But when it's you in that hot seat, it is a very different experience. And I guess that I'm worried about just what the reaction would be for people hearing it for the first time. I've spoken a little bit about on this show about what I went through when Gordon was born and I struggled with postnatal depression and it was something that I didn't know what it was at the time. I was very confused about what was going on. It was very hard for me to come into the shows. It was a difficult period of my life. And it's one thing to speak on this show for ten minutes about it, but it's another thing to sit down with those boys and speak at length for over an hour about everything I've been through over the last two years.
Speaker 2: With Gordy.
Speaker 6: And I don't know you've been on the show, did you How did you feel when it was coming out?
Speaker 5: Terrified?
Speaker 7: Really really terrified, you know when I went on And they do a great podcast and they're really friendly guys, but honestly, when you go into this room, it's like an interrogation room and it's not them, it's just that it's black curtains everywhere, and then there's lights in front of you, then there's cameras, and so it's one thing to like write a vulnerable post or even you know, write a book that I did a couple years ago about having panic attacks. Then to go in there and talk about it for about two hours, right being recorded, you being vulnerable as well.
Speaker 5: You're aware that, so people are going to be able to watch me cry, not just hear it.
Speaker 7: Yes, and it still happening in there gently basically an open heart surgery.
Speaker 6: It's like the interrogation scenes out of SAS, except they're not yelling at you. They're going tell me your deepest keep going, story.
Speaker 5: Going, keep going. And I found it.
Speaker 7: I feared what people would think about me, and actually I think, what really is going on? Actually you're not worried about other people think about you. There's still probably some shame around it. There was so many a couple of years ago when it came out and I actually found it. It was equivalent to a couple of years of therapy. Oh, I feared judgment, Jack, and all I got was so many emails still getting today about my episode two odd years ago. I just got more and more connection because actually you realize the more vulnerable you are, the deeper we connect to people. And I've heard Jack's episode. I heard it last week. It is incredible. This is a story of healing and you bravely going to heal. There was a loss and the longing that you were feeling in your heart for what happened when your son was bored, and it will help people hearing this. They will, I think you'll normalize what it's like when we have tough times in life. And no matter how you try and build your life to try and fly under the radio where tough times won't come for you, they will. You're going to find yourself in tough times. You're going to find yourself one day waking up and it feels like there's a dark forest in your life and you don't know the how you're gonna get out. Then you don't even know how to go back to how it was. And so the best.
Speaker 5: Thing you can do about that is you've shared your story now. I mean, where you are now is a magical karryoke with Gordon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know it's I was a hugely different person who I was two years ago in that moment. And that is one of the feelings you feel when you struggling with mental health or depression, is you feel so lonely and isolated. You honestly feel like you are the only person who feels this way.
Speaker 5: And the.
Speaker 6: Strange feelings I had when I became a dad for the first time, and you and pattern with lots of people I love in my life who are parents, were saying, you'll love Gordy so much, or you'll meet this new baby who comes into your life and you'll love them like you've never loved anything before. So I felt really strange when that love and connection didn't come straight away from me, and that made me feel really ashamed and made me feel really isolated and a very difficult thing to talk about, and it took me a long time to open up to people in my family. It took me a long time, and I thank god I finally told you as well, because I was coming in here every day pretending that I was fine, and I wasn't fine. So we had a lot of long chats in this studio after the show, and I'm very thankful for those conversations, and it helped me realize that by talking about it, you'd lift a lot of that shame off. And when I talked about it for the first time on this show and I got instead of people feeling like that was a weird thing. I got a lot of messages of support or messages of saying, hey, I went through this, or my husband went through this, or my partner went through this, And You're right, it only built connection.
Speaker 5: And I'm an awe of your what you've been through, Jack, And also what a gift is when you've been through a tough time and you heal and you grow, It doesn't diminish you. It actually makes you more of you. You're You're you're a more loving, open empathetic person because of what happened to you. And when I heard the interview right and I owned you ort to hear it today, right, This is a joyful story Jack.
Speaker 7: It's like you had a tough time and then you went and got help. Something wasn't right, and you actually did the brave thing that most people don't want to do. Is you want you wanted to go and face yourself whatever was there, and actually sit down and opposite yourself and work out what is happening here, what's going on? And then you grew through it and actually, you know.
Speaker 5: What, I know you know a couple of weeks ago, when you first invited to go on you must have thought about saying no, I did like uscrew.
Speaker 6: That definitely the first when the invite came in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, an invitation to be vulnerable.
Speaker 7: No, far easier to let your other people on the radio about the importance of being invitable.
Speaker 5: Read my book. I don't want to go and talk about it again. I'm scared of being vulnerable, I said.
Speaker 7: He realized my wife is going so let me restraight you you've written a book about the power of vulnerability. Yes, you talk about it on the radio, but you don't want to go and be vulnerable. No, but you expect other people to be vulnerable. But you've done it, Jack, And what you get throughout the whole chat with the boys is your deep love for Gordon and your amazing wife as well.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that comes through.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, it shines through right from the beginning. And also because it's our boy Jackie Boyd, this is a very funny chat as well. All of Jack is there. You will get something from the interview. It's called the Imperfect and I think it's a great title. Sometimes we feel that we're broken and flawed in life, but you're not. It's messy, it's hard, being a human and sometimes the best thing we can do is share those messy, hard stories where we feel like we're coming undone. But you weren't coming undone. It was actually just you were breaking through to the new Jack post. And as a sit in front of you now, even us having this conversation, Jack and I last week went for a walk and sat on a bench talking about how you might feel today the next couple of days. But I think you might be surprised by the messages you get as people hear your story.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful story, mate, and.
Speaker 7: I am in awe of the people that you may never even meet who are going to get something from that chat.
Speaker 5: Jack, So well done.
Speaker 7: It's one thing to go through and grow through it, and then to go and talk about it for a long time with those boys and share it with wait, the entire country and the world. That's some real powerful vulnerability. So good on you, mate, You're a shining example.
Speaker 5: Of what it is to be a man. To Gordon as well.
Speaker 6: Oh, I appreciate it, and I appreciate the ongoing support and even right up until the point where I did the interview where you walked me from the radio station here in Richmond to their studios in Collingwood. Like mum dropping me up at school on my first day of being vulnerable?
Speaker 5: Could me your mum? Why could you call me that? I really appreciate the sup I love our friendship and I am in awe of what you're what you're doing as well and showing up for yourself and other people. Jack. It's called The Imperfects. Wherever you get your podcasts, you'll find it.
Speaker 1: Check it out look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: To down the time waster for the best in show.
Speaker 7: Kylie is back and bringing her Tention Tour to rod Laver Arena Thursday the twentieth and Friday the twenty first of February. Tickets are on sale now. Head to Frontier Touring dot com dot au. We have a double pass for you to go and see Kylie.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 7: We're looking for your drink songs. Today's National Beverage Day. What do we think of the top five selling beers in Australia.
Speaker 6: Calton Draft not even in the top five.
Speaker 7: Culton Dry number two. This was Christian by the way, he was shoving cans of it in his pants.
Speaker 8: No oh, he was actually Now he loves Melbourne Bitter is his favorite beer of all time. But I reckon on your list might be.
Speaker 6: Did he really shove cans of beer in his pockets to walk down the red carpet of Ye?
Speaker 5: That's all hear him from insight.
Speaker 2: It only takes two minutes to get.
Speaker 8: From one and bny that that No, judge, you can take us out of the West, but you can't take the West out of this fair enough.
Speaker 4: I reckon vict bitter. Victoria Bitter has got to be number one.
Speaker 7: Number four Pats Yes, five Coopers could be that VB, number four Castlemaine four x goal, Oh yeah, number two Carlton Draft, Calton Dry and the number one great.
Speaker 6: Northern really really popular like that.
Speaker 4: All the yuppies like it.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's like patsy, I haven't heard the phrase yuppies two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: All these.
Speaker 10: It's just a normal, normal beer.
Speaker 4: Is that on tap at the pub now?
Speaker 2: Though? Definitely no one goes fancy you want a date?
Speaker 5: Or is it a job interview?
Speaker 2: Charles is coming better off.
Speaker 5: With this rap.
Speaker 8: Nor always sit in the ladies lounge. I don't sit in the bar with the men. A lady sits in the Ladies Lounge at the Pub.
Speaker 7: Top five selling soft drinks, not interesting, okay, drink songs, drink songs.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's some real bomb burners here. Do we love that song?
Speaker 7: Moves like Jagger Yah yeah yeah, drink version of that, of course, moves like Yaeger bombs Silver, since you've been good? Hung over the Rainbow, gold and pein November rain pin, no member rain.
Speaker 5: And go your own rose?
Speaker 3: Yeah hyeah?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 7: Chicky silver plus Jackie Boy? What drink songs have you got?
Speaker 2: The Beatles are having a drink?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey juice, no fancy, great norma for you?
Speaker 5: My friend in a champagne glass.
Speaker 2: Don't dream it's soda.
Speaker 6: Hell hell wow, I can't get enough of you. Bailey's and again and then you need at least a silver here please?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Metallica have been enjoying a Shandy Yeah into shann Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, upgrade. It is the problems. I'm giving him a silver. I can't just give him just bronzes. All right? What have you got then? Don't judge us? What have you got? Drink songs is what we're looking for.
Speaker 7: A National Beverage day oh four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 7: To down the time, waste cayumenok tickets for the best in show on National Beverage Day.
Speaker 5: We're looking for your drink songs.
Speaker 7: All right, you ready to mark, Let's go under my Sasparella Eera Hella he Gold, thank you.
Speaker 5: Chuck thumping Silver Plas whiny Dancer, Silver one who let the grog out? Gold, who let went on? Bethany, can't fight the Moonshine Silver, Life in a great northern town, all very clever, Amanda Gold getting juggie with it, Wake me up before you Solo Silver, the Coca motion Silver, not the Tucker's Daughter, the Tucker's Water.
Speaker 7: Great name for a beer or wine, his water trademark, that sweet child of wine.
Speaker 5: Silver Chimeier River, not in his spirit today.
Speaker 6: Oh mild Chaia there, Silver plus.
Speaker 5: Hit me with your best shot of whiskey.
Speaker 7: Silver Rum, said the boy Gold Beer Premium Rhapsody, Bronze. I just called to say I love Malibu Silver, hungry like the Wolf Plus Gold Shame Pink Floyd, wish.
Speaker 5: You were beer.
Speaker 3: And someone.
Speaker 2: Times are simple as the best Gold.
Speaker 7: That's very good, Michelle and Maltmartha, well done. Wine m c. A. Silva killing me softly with his singer Bronze let it v b Betos Silva. Am I ever going to see your four x again? Bronze Melbourne? Bit to be home soon?
Speaker 5: Like that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Who's ought to go and see Kylie?
Speaker 6: Well done to Michelle. W wish you were beer?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 7: Wait, are back tomorrow morning on the show. Last chance you'd have win Oasis tickets because they go on sell tomorrow. Also last chance to come and join us at the teen to turn a musical on Wednesday night. We take me out for dinner and drinks as well and tomorrow. In one story, tell me how strict your parents were when we were giving away some of the Oasis tickets Early today we're given to somebody who when she was a kid was not allowed to go and see Oasis due very strict Greek parents. In one story, how strict were your parents? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com today you we're back tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Huggies on the Way.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast