Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Patsy, how was your weekend?
Speaker 4: Good morning, had a great weekend? Hey boys, welcome back.
Speaker 5: Check. Good to see you guys.
Speaker 4: We missed you on Friday.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, por chair was a very well Thursday.
Speaker 4: Oh what happened?
Speaker 3: Well, he's given me in video surreo.
Speaker 6: I would say far too much detailed, but I didn't need to know what I'm preparing for the show about his violent diarrhea. Diarrhea is in itself explosive. No one has mild meandering squits. Okay, it's back. What do you do quit?
Speaker 4: Did you eat something off?
Speaker 6: What was? Yes?
Speaker 5: Did you ending here as well? Partly Sarah your wife Christian partly to blame.
Speaker 6: Why no, not really, I mean anyone should know you don't keep check outside with fridge for six hours.
Speaker 5: I went to dinner with their ecconoms on Wednesday night and I was saying before the show, I know I have to eat because you've got to fuel up, but I never feel like eating some trying to force down scrambled eg. She says, you know what you do, just put a bit of chicken and avocado in a tuppleware container to take it to work eat it after the show, and so I did that Thursday morning, but I didn't refrigerate it. So from five am till nine when we went off air, it was in my backpack and chicken has been out for six.
Speaker 4: Hours stirring away in there.
Speaker 6: I mean, you don't need to do basic home economics at school to know it goes bad.
Speaker 5: Once it was cooked. He kind of protected it.
Speaker 6: No, No, even Rio kind of he eats things off the floor.
Speaker 5: Well, oh that's awful, And even he thought that that.
Speaker 3: Was how quickly from nine o'clock you nibbling the chicken.
Speaker 5: So the chicken tasted fine at the time, and I felt final day. Then at seven pm it came knocking on the It.
Speaker 6: Doesn't knock at the door, it blows the doors wide open. It actually breaks the doors wide open.
Speaker 5: Because I was flying out Friday morning and I took the show off, and so I was very excited to go away for this long weekend, and I was like, I can't go. There's no way I can get on.
Speaker 3: A flight safely tomorrow. More violent action.
Speaker 5: They let you sit on the toilet the whole flight.
Speaker 4: You can take stuff for it, you know, plug it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, emodium, but you want to.
Speaker 6: So you need to get out of your body.
Speaker 5: I was always told that not to take that stuff because then whatever it's trying to get out of your system, it gets plugged up in there. But don't worry it all. The show was over by nine pm on Thursday night.
Speaker 3: It's no more, kind of very rapid, sort of colonic.
Speaker 5: Basically, yes, basically by Friday morning, I was I was about fresh. Yeah, it was intense.
Speaker 3: Violence.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Perhaps all weekends, all the news is pointing to your neckro Whoods, Wabee and the big local elections obviously in Paran as well, but Weerabee seemed to be where everybody was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been such a strong held labor seat for decades and.
Speaker 3: Trump's taken it now.
Speaker 6: Now he's got the Now he wants to gass a strip and you're going to go, what else is like.
Speaker 3: That in the world. There's a place.
Speaker 6: To build a giant mall there. The mall of gas are now the mall of Murby.
Speaker 4: I've obviously been voting for a number of years now, but I've never seen a campaign as.
Speaker 6: In around the would have record turnout.
Speaker 4: It was amazing. It was great. Actually, I love living in a democracy where people can have their say and people are willing to vote. I think that regardless of whatever result, whether it's your way, my way, whatever way, I just think it's great that people are we I think is.
Speaker 6: Great what it does where you really have to go vote. In England, they don't do that and they should. And then everyone moaned about what happened bricks, yeah right, and people young people just moaned about it, but they didn't go and vote exactly. So that's what happens. You don't everyone, And it's a privilege to have a.
Speaker 4: Democracy, is yeah, make you vote.
Speaker 6: So what was it like because there's all the news, it's like chaos full on.
Speaker 4: It was so full on. So the premiere was at a local school, like just a couple of blocks away from us at Iramu. But we just went to the local scout hall. We sort of thought, where is going to be the least busiest, busiest polling booth. We'll just go down to this little scout hall. But it was like it was sad like nothing I've ever seen. So I've done like political rounds and court rounds and stuff over the years in journalism and you know you're in that scrum when people come out of court and you've you know, got the microphone in their face. I've been in a lot of those situations, but nothing compared to this. You know how they have all the party representatives outside the polling booth giving you forms and saying hey, vote means or vote again Liberal.
Speaker 3: That's illegal in the UK. Yeah, I think I want you step with it.
Speaker 6: It's like I think it's five hundred meters of that era and you're not allowed to be persuading anybody in respect that. It's like a sanctity. No here, I didn't know. That's just the first year we're allowed to vote because obviously became citizens last year.
Speaker 3: So we're so right up until like going in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going in and I reckon New Zealand also is onto something because they have barred it, And it was just like it was really.
Speaker 6: Onto something because they have bid it no, while the rest of it were like one hundred years ago and seoan.
Speaker 4: But it was full on like everyone. But it was good that all the parties were represented so they all had an equal go at you, I guess. But it was just really confronting, and it was like getting through a game of squid.
Speaker 7: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw the news and it was, like you said, it was like a scrum.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was at least I reckon, at least like twelve or fifteen reps. But it was almost like going to an AFL game, and you know, like the liberals as we walked past the Liberals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've been in too long. Come on now, barricon out loud, full on.
Speaker 4: It was so full on. We were having a chuckle about it. But it was very, very in your face, but too close to call.
Speaker 6: Did you get a free snack for the local elections or was it just.
Speaker 4: A big there was no democracy sausage. Yeah, I know what's going on with that.
Speaker 5: And it's the true that some places the polling was still going at one o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: Oh no, the centers closed at six. They might have been counting, but no, the polling booths closed at six.
Speaker 6: Oh thanks for that.
Speaker 3: Jack's scaring us. And that one asked to follow U about a roof collapse.
Speaker 6: In the roof collapse, he told us that a roof collapse, please, I made.
Speaker 8: Some notes Apparently it was described as a dog's breakfast and it was a leaky air conditioning unit and an entire ceiling collapsed.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: Wrong ballots was sent to the polling booth and an election official was urging people to vote liberal.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and has been got in hot water over that.
Speaker 8: Naughty, naughty, naughty, So like not one of the party representative.
Speaker 3: Election vote liberal.
Speaker 6: You have to be kidding. I thought that the one thing you want to be it is just independent.
Speaker 5: It's very important that they're neutral.
Speaker 6: Sure, you don't want to change about that.
Speaker 9: Cross the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Last week, I had to ask pats if she could ask Chris, her husband the word we love God, who works at office works, if he could recommend a new basic home printer to me and thanks for discount as well. There was none, so I got the did you I got the I got the one that he recommended, Patsy, and it was it's a great one. This is one of these ones took away you commissioned on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he and he recommends this one right where you buy these cartridges now and you feed it to the tank like you fill.
Speaker 5: It out yes, we've got that. Yes, it's not the cartridges. Yeah, the pre pre fielled cartridges. You get a little tube and.
Speaker 3: You up pleasing to use.
Speaker 6: You screwed it in and then it's too and he turned upside down and it goes chuck chuck chuck chuck chuck John And you see the little dye going in That bit really easy to use, right.
Speaker 5: And it does that kind of ink glass a lot longer.
Speaker 6: Than the cheap However, though, whatever printer you get, the hell is getting it on that land local area Wi Fi? Why is it still so component when you can go to any room now any in the world, hotel and Airbnb?
Speaker 3: What's the past code? I put up my phone. We're on the network.
Speaker 6: You can get on the network and you can do anything but flights, everything on your phones.
Speaker 3: What is it about the home printer?
Speaker 6: It doesn't work an hour yesterday an hour an hour.
Speaker 5: That's good troubleshooting, you know that.
Speaker 6: And also you don't have to get out awful fold out orogarmy thing with ninety seven languages, am I D And then it's like what fon?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: No human can read this? And then I don't know to do the trouble shooting thing.
Speaker 3: That goes Watch the YouTube video of twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Like I'm all and there is one hundred options on the printer that you will never use. Why do you cycle through twenty of them to get to the Wi Fi? Which is the only I said?
Speaker 6: I said to Chris, I just want to basic one that prints. I do I need to It's got a photo copy. Now it's got a who is photo copy?
Speaker 5: Who am I making copies for?
Speaker 6: I'm running a business here.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Would any of us describes the Souf as morning people? I get asked this a lot. So you just like a morning person, That's why you can speak this time of the day. I would not discribe myself as a morning person. This is just when the alarm goes off and the mortgage needs to be paid. This is the hours of the job. Are you a morning person, Pats?
Speaker 4: I used to think I was, But as I get older, I'm thinking no, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, as we get older, we're meant to wake up earlier and earlier.
Speaker 3: Why is that you're why?
Speaker 6: I don't know if you notice that sleep?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you need less sleep? Total?
Speaker 3: Is that it or we go to bed earlier.
Speaker 5: Maybe you just get tireder during the day, so you're going to bed earlier means you wake up earlier the next day.
Speaker 6: Or napping during the day becomes an essential part of your life. Would you describe yourself You are a morning person.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not a morning person.
Speaker 3: It's a rhetorical question. I'm going to answer the right way, though.
Speaker 6: I met a guy last week and there's a new cafe that I'm going to now, and I was chatting to make it small talk about how long he'd had this place, so I I got it six years ago. And he said, a not morning person, but now I have to get up accidentally because I brought this coffee shop at five am. He goes, I didn't. This is not what I had in mind for my life at this stage of my life. It's kind of reluctantly and it's a really popular little spot right by Brighton Beach Station. It's a great little spot. Then you can have a coffee and then watch out and look at the bay. But he said, I've now and now my whole life is around getting up earlier than they ever have to. And he's in his sixties to open up this cafe which is really popular. Because I'm not a morning person yet I'm now working really hard and it's all in the morning. From six am, this cafe is really really busy. People coming in non stock trades and that wanting coffee.
Speaker 5: He needs to put some instant coffee on the front shelf and say, like until seven am, you mix yourself and then I'll do barista coffee after seven.
Speaker 6: So this morning, I want to know, then, what's your part of that. I'm not a morning person, but most of you up right now, you're probably on your way to work. Some of you already be at work, and I bet half of you wouldn't describe yourself as a morning person, but you are actually operating. I'm not saying that one hundred percent, none of us are. We probably get into our gear just around five to nine.
Speaker 3: I find I'm not a morning person.
Speaker 9: But the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: I'm not a morning person, Christian, but I have a job starts at seven am. Even on days off, I generally can't see past eight am no matter what time I go to bed, I'm the same seven point thirty. That's a line for me. Now, I wish I could like my wife. I get up before my wife at the weekend, she's like fastest sleep at nine o'clock in the morning. I'll go and take a couple of tea, and she's like she always wakes up right so aggressively creeping around, Like I'm not creeping around day brunch, come on, you know students. And she is now two weeks time. She had some induction days with her new student mates on Thursday and Friday, shouts apart the old Mercedes around the corner, trumbed on with the students. She's talking about selling the old pearly white Mercedes.
Speaker 3: I couldn't, but even the weekend I felt very awkward.
Speaker 6: Chris, damn Ryan, grab your gold four by four, rocking up, hang out with the students, going down the bar on student night, five pound fight. You have five dollars from a potting apartmer I.
Speaker 3: Pick you up on my Mercedes.
Speaker 5: It'll probably make her a lot of friends like, oh, that's the lady who shouts yeah the.
Speaker 6: Student Mamma, all right. I'm not a morning person, but I think I would describe myself. I wouldn't say I'm a morning person, but for twenty seven years I've done breakfastradio. I'm like a dimmer switch. I get up at ten past four. By six o'clock. I'm human enough, or I can do an impression of a humane enough to begin at a radio show. But yeah, I think it's like a are you lot that pantcy? Are you like a dimmer switch? Because you get up before any of us.
Speaker 4: I hate it on the weekends because my body clock is designed because I got up about ten to three, and my body like me.
Speaker 3: I mean, you are a shift worker doing that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh it's the middle of now.
Speaker 6: It explains to crankiness.
Speaker 4: Oh there's no crankiness some always, but that's what a crank would say. But you know, my little body is used to going to the toilet at that time. So even on weekends, I'm awake and it really annoys me because what about you.
Speaker 6: During Saturday bright when you won't get up to about eleven eleven thirty?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 6: So were you just soiling the bed?
Speaker 5: I do believe we've had the second sound effect of.
Speaker 4: Boddly functions this morning.
Speaker 6: I'm not a morning person, but nine four one four one four three, Good morning, Mikayla.
Speaker 10: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: How this morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good, I hope you had a nice weekend. So are you a morning person or not? Mikayla.
Speaker 11: I am absolutely not a morning person, and I'm crazy for this. I get up at four am to go to the gym every single day because I just I simply refuse to go at five pm, because you just you can't get any machines or zumbos or anything like that. So I forced myself to go at four am before I start work at eight am.
Speaker 6: That is incredible. So what is that seven days a week, Monday to Friday.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so Monday to Friday are usually trained to five out of the seven days. I usually rest day on the weekends, but sometimes I feel really lazy and still go anyway, not five am on the weekend. Have a little bit more.
Speaker 5: But do you know how you make the rest of us feel when you say you take one rest?
Speaker 3: Body language?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 3: It has bound like you've been told off.
Speaker 1: Mikayla.
Speaker 6: That's incredible, Thank you.
Speaker 3: It is busy. Is it just you in the gym?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: I go to derrimit. So it is still quite busy at four and five o'clock in the morning, but it's a lot less and you can still do your full program because it's the worst one. You're trying to do your program and then everything's taken. You can't do that exit.
Speaker 3: And also at the end of the day, you just you're naked. You just want to go home.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I love that part when I'm trying to run through a program and somebody's on my machining. Great, don't have to do that.
Speaker 6: Well, two types of people, aren't they really? There's the jack and the Mechayla's in there.
Speaker 4: It's funny because on my way to work, I go past the gym and it might be, you know, like twenty past three in the morning, and there will be at least four or five cars at this particular, isn't it, And there's people there and I look over and I think, oh, that's commitment. That is so awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mekayda, So have you've already done your work out for Monday?
Speaker 11: Then yes, I have. I've started my workout for thee I feel great for.
Speaker 6: The rest of the day, don't you, because you've done something really hard already.
Speaker 11: Yeah, for the rest of it. I mean sometimes I need a big coffee or a lot of pre workout to get me going. But whatever whatever you need to do to do what you got to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mikaya, thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thanks guys, you too, Claire.
Speaker 6: Good morning. Not a morning person, but I'm not a morning person, but I have a dog, and.
Speaker 12: With dogs you need to walk them.
Speaker 6: It you do.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And so for the first ten years, despite the fact that I am absolutely not a morning person, I've had to get up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because dogs are morning people. Yeah, no, they really are. Peak dog hours are the moment you're up there like Shenanigans. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are we're going for a walk? Please tell me some walk. We're going for a walk, can't we You look ready to get out of the house.
Speaker 1: Is it six o'clock?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 8: Come on.
Speaker 5: And then as soon as that's their routine, they won't let you sleep in.
Speaker 3: No, they guilt trip you. They're outside the door pining and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I would changed it to the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what it was saying.
Speaker 3: All right, Claire, thank you very much. She called. Thanks you going the show, Zarza, good morning.
Speaker 13: Like Claire, I'm absolutely not a morning person, but I'm a dog trainer. So I used to get off at like eight o'clock to get to school at eight thirty when I was in your club. I'm sorry on the morning.
Speaker 6: Person, whereas now you're you're your tomb about your Your hours of work are now, aren't they?
Speaker 13: Yeah, well I'm on my way to working out because the dogs get dropped off. We have a dog daycare. Two dogs get dropped off at six thirty, so I got to be there early.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks you cool, Christian Coddle Show podcast.
Speaker 6: The next day of the show, I want to try and form a nap map of Melbourne, Australia and around the world. One of you sent a text towards the end of Friday show and I've got it here, Christian napping? Well, what's happing? The shows? An AutoPlay mode shuffle mode, CHRISTI about napping. I once took a nap standing up behind a CFA tanker whilst doing a night shift on a fire back in two thousand and five. The boys called for the water on, so I turned it on, tilted my head to the side and dose. I guess this is an all night shift. You know they're volunteers, aren't They're doing great work. Then they called for the water off, and I just woke up in time to turn it off. The boys couldn't believe. It still gets mentioned to this day, two decades later.
Speaker 3: Anonymous, Where did you touch?
Speaker 6: You saw us? Once?
Speaker 3: Chris felt, let us see someone in America?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the middle of Macy's in New York.
Speaker 3: Not during that Christmas sort of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was actually when we went and I was shopping for shoes and he was. He doesn't deal well with the time difference.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: We're like just a couple of days into our trip, and I came back and here he is asleep on a couch, like properly catching zase, like probably catching flies with his mouth.
Speaker 14: Wore.
Speaker 6: Those are the best naps, aren't they?
Speaker 3: They take it go.
Speaker 6: I can't, I can't, you can't resist.
Speaker 3: I mustn't. It's actually rude.
Speaker 6: I'm here in a wide home, very vulnerable in the public space right now. But the sleep, the sleep mistress, she takes you, the meuse takes you away. They say you're sort of drowning in honey. I always think the it's that thick honey, melassic sleep.
Speaker 3: I can't, but I must stay. Oh, I feel so tasty and sweet.
Speaker 6: Rest Christian. When I was this from David. When I was an apprentice garden, I was working at Yarra Park fixing the parking areas outside the MCG. I decided to have a little dose in a wheelbow whilst having a break during the day. That is a perfect recliner, isn't it if you're a gardener? A wheelbarrow A great idea, Beverly. I fell asleep at the hair dresses getting my hair washed. Worke up after about fifteen minutes to a round of applause. I bet it was when they do that head massage. Yeah, Christian strom Adam. I fell asleep had a nap leaning on an old Japanese man at a shopping center and a soaka just the other day. I woke up when I dropped my phone on the floor. The clattering alerted me. He got up and nodded nicely and politely.
Speaker 3: I reckon. I was out for about five or ten.
Speaker 5: Minutes, so as the Japanese man just sitting there politely going wow, I'm this man's pillow, so I have to stay in wait.
Speaker 6: You know what, you know? You hear these stories about how polite Championese people are Maybe they have people that are human pillars, you know, maybe they're napping stations where it's like a human shoulder to nap on. Alex Christian no Lai at a WWE concert in a rod labor arena with thousands of people around me, yelling. I got dragged awight by a mate who said, come on, wake up, all right? Where have you napped?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast, You're trying.
Speaker 6: To form a nap map. Where have you nodded off? Where have you fallen asleep? On nine four one four, one oh four three. Good morning to David Christian. I fell asleep er on the first Avatar film at.
Speaker 5: The or some m It was a long yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Bet there was a daytime showing. Very easy to fall asleep during daytime showing the movies. Christian Joel here one time worker was so tired and napped in a roof cavity, didn't wake up until over two hours later.
Speaker 3: Bliss, don't it bliss?
Speaker 6: You a little Puck's attorney fell at work there emerging from you a litle wookie hole. Jamie Morning Krishna once went for an hour massage and Paquette fell asleep for three hours.
Speaker 3: They just left me to sleep.
Speaker 6: That's the best, the best.
Speaker 3: The sleep takes us when it's like that, it takes.
Speaker 6: Us somewhere, Jamie, very funny, Sonya, Christian. My husband tends to fall asleep, get this when he's donating blood, which sometimes caused the needle to come flying out and blood starts to go everywhere. He also fell asleep in the middle of an online conversation when we first met. There's a keeper.
Speaker 3: This is my guy, Christian.
Speaker 6: I regularly nap in my garbage truck on my break if I don't get a good night's sleep. Also, I'm not a morning person, but I start at five point fifteen am. Steven bomb Beach, Good morning, Steve. I had a nap getting a tattoo on the inside of my arm, lying down, arm out to rest, napped for a good hour whilst they did the tattoo. Morning to Sinter. Let's get some.
Speaker 13: Calls on good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you? Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Do you have a nice weekend?
Speaker 6: To Ciner?
Speaker 1: I did, I did.
Speaker 13: I heard a quiet weekend. Didn't have to work, so that.
Speaker 1: Was always great.
Speaker 6: Now where have you napped?
Speaker 14: I napped at the Chelsea Heights Hotel.
Speaker 13: I'm the police officer and I was on the night shift and we popped in to see the manager there and I.
Speaker 12: Stepped down next to the pokeys on.
Speaker 13: A chair and I had a nap and on my partner took a photo to prove it.
Speaker 6: Wow, what are a reassuring sitement? I bet they're just deep undercover. That That's why I would tell people I was a SAP. I was just trying to suss out all the angles of this case.
Speaker 5: Gov.
Speaker 6: I get it. Long shifts you guys have to do, and thank you.
Speaker 3: Just send it. Thanks your story.
Speaker 2: Thanks morning morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm good, Paul, welcome to the show. So where have your napt mate?
Speaker 1: I was napping in the car in Richmond whilst that was being penal BEATD.
Speaker 6: So loud, people with hammers slashing metal and you're inside all that clanging.
Speaker 3: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear much of it, but my friend did.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a great one, Paul. Thanks you story.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian, my husband, his best mate and I were in Barcelona decided to go to a last minute again to watch Barcelona play amazing atmosphere. At halftime, my husband woke us both up and made us leave because he was so embarrassed we've fallen asleep there. Now where Barcelona play in Barcelona is a beautiful mega stadium, similar sort of size to the g S one hundred thousand capacity. I don't know how anyone could fall seat. Those fans as well, are very very noisy. That's from Catherine Christian. At our wedding reception, I couldn't find my husband. After searching, I found him asleep on the couch in the bridle room.
Speaker 3: Danielle.
Speaker 6: I wondered where that was going. At least he was alone there, Christian. I fell asleep at the dentist. I worked there as a dental assistant. That's that little long mate they have just over your shoulder. They go.
Speaker 3: They just like doing the notes, aren't they.
Speaker 6: Occlusal L five Hello, that's great one, Stacy, Christian. I fell asleep in a job interview.
Speaker 3: You won't getting that job.
Speaker 6: You're not getting that job there, Christian.
Speaker 3: I fell asleep when I was a kid.
Speaker 6: My parents took me to a Joe Cocker concert and I fell asleep throughout most most of.
Speaker 3: It Shan good morning, Shanny.
Speaker 10: Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, welcome to show. So where did you fall to sleep?
Speaker 10: Actually wasn't me, It was my husband. He used to work at the so Now in Sydney and he finished work at about four in the morning and went to Central Station to catch the train home, which didn't leave till five, but fell asleep and woke up to a little old lady at ten o'clock saying excuse me, sir, are you okay? Because he was asleep on a park bench in his crown to son, are you're.
Speaker 1: Uniform?
Speaker 10: If you managed to sleep through the whole of.
Speaker 6: Peak hoursh you you're not one of those time laps things. Everyone just carrying out their frantic business around him.
Speaker 3: Sharne, thank you very much. The story. Let's go to Shona.
Speaker 6: Hello, Lorning morning.
Speaker 3: Now, what's your nap story for us?
Speaker 14: I fell asleep at Circus Maximum in Rome. We were camp camping. We were very tired and it's a beautiful day and I became the star attraction as I woke up to a coach load of tourists. Japanese is taking my photo.
Speaker 6: Wow, they probably thought you're part of the you know, you've got the Bearded Lady and the Sleeping Lady, one of these sort of the side shows, maxim.
Speaker 5: Exciting sleeping Lady.
Speaker 3: This won't gone crazy kind ever bearded one anymore. Apparently.
Speaker 14: No, my cartner said he should have charged tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so many of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Jenny.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Jenny, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you very good?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jenny, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 15: I once fell asleep at a Stomp concert at the Palais in Saint Kilda about twenty two years ago.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. Now the clue is in the title. There's a lot of stomping around. They've got like the big hopnail boots on, they've got metallic bins and bin lids and they're cranking it. This is step.
Speaker 15: But I will blame the fact that I was pregnant with my first child. I was really tired and you know, well you won't know Christian, but Petsy may recall. In those first few months there are times where you just cannot keep your eyes open and.
Speaker 4: It trains the life out of you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Still stop.
Speaker 6: It's helped there with the guy called in you know, in this car's being paddlebean actually human painting. Can you know where they rock it around like that? Jenny, incredible story. Thanks according you mate, have a good day.
Speaker 12: Thank you, by bye.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast radio.
Speaker 6: Does not need any more Who do you do? We've all heard that sick of it people doing shabby impressions of Bert Newton. However, we found the new version of it. Okay, it's not the bastard offspring of who do you do? Is what do you do? We are having a show meeting after the show on Thursday. I know you're surprised where there is some thought, some thought that goes into the show. And Sarah Wait's on a show in the middle of nothing, just said I can do an impression of a car alarm. And I had low expectations because normally want says I.
Speaker 3: Can do impression on something. It's not very good.
Speaker 6: This is a human doing a car alarm.
Speaker 3: It somehow sounds more like.
Speaker 6: A car alarm than a car alarm. Put the two together, I know which one I'd want protecting my car. So on Friday show, we're asking you what do you do? Baby cheap sneezing? Apparently you know what this is it's good human tennis with a lady's mouth. Right, I told you not to put that on it, right, is it? Caitlin was bouncing up and down the spot. Friday went, listen someone, we've got someone online who can do like the sound of when you have to evacuate a building.
Speaker 3: She went, it's so spot on. You're going to have to say something.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 3: This is a rehearsal. It's someone doing an impression.
Speaker 5: We've got a judio hits the citizens.
Speaker 6: Irresponsible. Not for you to say so, I hear that going. No one is fleeing a building. It was on the weakest impressions we had. All right, lines are open. Now Part two? What do you do your impressions of things? It can be animals, evacuation alarms, whatever it is you do impressions of things nine four one four one oh four three prizes for everyone who comes on there.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Good Morning Christian and Team. I fell to see while again in my back tattooed quite a big operation there. Someone was woken up and told us all done. I said, oh right, but you just started it. No, no, no, we've done your entire back you've been asleep fire almost two hours. I didn't actually believe that they don't anything. I thought it was a con had to view to be shot. That's from mel Okay, what do you do your impressions? Old things? It might be an animal a thing nine four one four one o four three. One of the best ones we had Friday was Marie, who did this truck noise, powerful radio. But you're kicking yourself if you missed that. Now Jack has been rehearsing, so I'm excited about this.
Speaker 5: I used to do a trumpet, not for anybody, but just in my own time, and this is something I haven't done for many, many years.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for bringing it back.
Speaker 5: I just went to rehearse it in the men's bathroom. Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 3: And when the Saints go marching in.
Speaker 6: Yes, just now. I said to Jack, when is that? Rio said to him, is this a party treating? He goes, no, No, that's when I'm alone in the car somehow stranger. That is a good trumpet, though, but we still had it. Sat some glimmers there of the greatness. Uh Laurie, good morning, good morning, Christian morning, Lorry.
Speaker 3: So you're now off the toilet.
Speaker 6: I'm off the toilet. Yeah, but he was on the toilet quietly to cool up the show and just just on the toilet moment. Give me a minute or two and I'll.
Speaker 3: Be ready to do the impression. All right, Laurie, Off you go.
Speaker 1: I do well.
Speaker 6: You want to know what it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do a whip sleeper, okay, Laura in your own time, A whipper snipper?
Speaker 6: Are you really.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a toilet, Laurie.
Speaker 6: This is the best one. This is a Hall of Famer, Lorry.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 6: I can even imagine that crappy little daddy long leaves plastic.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, l Can we.
Speaker 6: Have that one more time?
Speaker 11: This isn't cut the grass out the front and make that noise with people thought I had a weakness.
Speaker 3: Larry, Can we get it one more time? It's almost as good as chance trumpet.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the very good this Champagne Radio once more, Laurie, Thank you very much, best job in the world.
Speaker 3: Darryl, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: There you going.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Daryl. Now, what can you do for us?
Speaker 6: Darryl?
Speaker 15: So it's old style police, say, that's what I class it as.
Speaker 1: You want me to do it.
Speaker 6: I love it. I love all day. Here we go. That is very very good, Daryl, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christian, have a good day for you mate.
Speaker 9: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 6: Let's cost Live to Philadelphia and our man there, E Rock.
Speaker 3: Are you there?
Speaker 1: Yes? I am. How are you?
Speaker 3: We're great? E Rock?
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show. So the super Bowl? Can Philadelphia do it? I know I've seen you stuff on Instagram. You are a mad one eyed Philadelphia Eagles super fan.
Speaker 3: I love the passion.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, can the Eagles do it? Absolutely do? I think the Kansas City Chiefs pose a great threat and are a great team and a great friendship with the referees sometimes. Absolutely. Listen, we saw it a couple of years ago. You know, the Birds, you know, were one holding penalty short of beaten Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs once before. But I think it is time. This Eagles team has a nastier defense. They got the league's leading rusher, and we're all gearing up to get ready to have the biggest party on Broad Street after Sunday's game.
Speaker 6: Now, I remember quite a few years ago in twenty eighteen, when you last won it and the city just went feral. You just went mad because Eagles fans are knowing all over the world are being super fans.
Speaker 1: Plus yeah, well, let's make no bones about it. Other fans can say whatever they want. We are the craziest, most passionate, most energetic, most loyal fan base in the entire NFL. Heck, we're hoping all of Australia over there is going to be Eagles fans because we got one of your own. We got Jordan malt on our team. We're hoping to bring some Australian craziness with us. But absolutely we didn't know what it was like to win a Super Bowl. So we were climbing poles, setting off fireworks in the street, just partying. But it was all positive energy.
Speaker 6: Now you're right now, Australia, will we watch in this Super Bowl? Because often Australians than the nflur normally punters. You know that Brought is put on to kick the board as far as again his punted down the field.
Speaker 3: But obviously he's a key man.
Speaker 6: He's a left tackle, so this is a big.
Speaker 1: Role left tackle. To explain to people that don't know American football, left tackle has to be the biggest, baddest, meanest dude because their best pass rusher, which is the guy trying to in essence, murder your quarterback. Yeah, the most talented guy on their team is on the left side because that's the quarterback's blind side. He can't see him coming right. So Jordan Malatta, the pride of Australia right and on the Philadelphia Eagles Pro Bowl left tackle is in charge of protecting Jail and Hurts from getting absolutely obliterated out there.
Speaker 6: I was watching some of the footage and one of the commentators was, because he's a big dude, that's just like what six eight hundred and sixty hundred and seventy kilos and he was just popping these guys like pretzels. The commentators of the yet analysis just went, he's voting people in half.
Speaker 1: He really is. He's a massive human being. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times. I'm five foot six, exactly like you ever Steve Woods ventrilo quist with like a public dumbies like that, That's what I look like standing.
Speaker 6: Next thing and so have you?
Speaker 3: Have you fans taken to him?
Speaker 1: We love him. Not only is He an incredible athlete, an incredible player, and good at his job. Philadelphia is a tough city, right, we don't like everybody, but he has such a connection with the fans. Certain players have to be spokespeople for the team, right, they just have that outgoing personality they represent the organization. Well, Jordan Mulatta has slid into that player personality, media savvy. Like, it's so weird in Philadelphia to be like, here's our favorite eagle and he speaks with an Australian act, you know what I mean. It's so wild, but he does. He's embraced the city, he's embraced the sports. What a story, nothing about the game and became unbelievable at it right here in Philly.
Speaker 6: It's an incredible sports story because he never picked up an American football until about twenty eighteen, and then he becomes a big star.
Speaker 1: It's almost what you want because a lot of these guys that have gone through pee wee football as a kid, in high school football, college football, it's almost like they learned bad habits. When if you get a massive six foot eight Aussie right in front of you that you know is athletic, that you know can truck dudes would run people over. From Australian rules that you know, rugby and everything like that, you almost have an unmolded piece of clay line.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our offensive line coach, who's the best in the NFL, said, Okay, I'm going to take this raw talent and I'm going to teach him exactly everything I want him to do, the way I want him to do it, and how to do it. And he was open to learning, picked up on it, and boom becomes the best left tack in the National Football League.
Speaker 3: And what traff pick was he was? He was way way way down.
Speaker 1: He was a seventh round pick. A couple hundred people got picked. And uh, I think with him being from Australia, all of a sudden, now, much like Major League Baseball and much like basketball, the eyes of shifted to international. Where can we find these diamonds in the rough? And we found our first big one right there.
Speaker 6: It means that, you know, obviously the game is later on this morning, Monday morning for ours because of the time difference. It means that every big Australian is now going to be watching the Super Bowl, going that's it. I'm heading to America. Get me an NFL team. I'm six sight, I'm I'm massive, I'm going to be a millionaire.
Speaker 3: Were's Titus Swift?
Speaker 1: Hey listen exactly, And if you're one of those people, I want you to call up Howie Roseman, who is our general manager. Don't talk to the New York Giants. Now, where's the what? They're terrible teams. You'll do nothing but lose.
Speaker 6: Now this I don't want to be the voice of doubt here. Okay, but what happens if you lose? What happens to that party? Five?
Speaker 3: If you lose? I hate to even say it.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, we have everyone's going to be drunk. I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because boos and losing go really well. They're really good partners, exactly.
Speaker 1: And if we lose the only thing I'll ask you guys to do, Pray for us, Pray for our city.
Speaker 6: Hope some prayers, Hope, some prayers, my friend erok, enjoy your super Bowl. Thanks for chatting to us.
Speaker 1: Mate, you got it, Take care of guys.
Speaker 2: Kristin O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Earlier on the show, we're asking you where have you Nats? Where have you've gone to sleep? David committed the cardinal crime. No man can ever do fall asleep during the birth of his first child. You've got one job, you said, awake.
Speaker 5: It can be a long old run though.
Speaker 6: Understand No, no, no, it's the one thing you must never do. After everything your partner's going through. You must witness that at least witness that.
Speaker 5: Nap during the labor, but not for the I was.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I haangle on for ages. Yeah, while she is our partner was getting a perdura lamand here I hero Dave decided to take a nap on the floor next to the bed while she rested, complete with me snoring.
Speaker 3: Underneath.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get into this two week's misheard lyrics. It's just another mishard Monday, Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics. Everybody on the Christian o'connells show, we play back your mishurd lyrics that you send in every single day.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for everyone that does this as we play them back.
Speaker 6: If we don't agree with what you're hearing, if we're hearing, we do agree. And for the brilliant ones, come on in this Hall of Favor. Last week there were two hall of Famous one for Stephen for the hoot in the Blowfish song, hold my hand, I want to love you, the bear said, The bear said, I can.
Speaker 4: I want to.
Speaker 6: Love you the best head the Bearingcket and Jordan had Rick Assie never going to give you up. We've known each other, false alarm, you known each other. Thank you very much. Craig's got this one from Atlanta Rhythm section. So into you original line when you walked into room, there was voodoo in the vibes.
Speaker 9: Room there was.
Speaker 3: Now amine.
Speaker 6: Craig is here, and when you walked in there was doo doo in your thighs.
Speaker 1: You room.
Speaker 6: There was.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is there. It's it's not great, but it is there.
Speaker 6: That's the Savage Garden to the Moon and back. She's taken her time making up the reasons. She's taking down reason or is it she's taking her time picking up the raisins just taken, Jim, the reason really just taken? Chime the reason not enough, not enough? Sorry. David has got creed. My sacrifice, my sacrifice a mass or is it my sack of rice? A massa massa massa nah? Alice Metcalf has got credit house fall at your feet whenever I fall at your feet never job or is it whenever I fall anchovyver?
Speaker 3: There we found it.
Speaker 6: We found today's Hall of Fame, a well done Alice Metcalfe Hall of Fame, the credit House whenever I fall athby Alice, well done, Thank you very much. And this is a second go from you.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, is this another Sam Smith?
Speaker 3: Sam Smith my oasis?
Speaker 5: That's me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 6: So original line my, oh my, oh my oasis?
Speaker 3: And then what do you miss him in jo?
Speaker 5: How I didn't hear it? Then? I was hearing my oh my, oh my office.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 5: Maybe you guys have got a different version too. I listened to at home. Yeah, yeah, that's really clear what he's saying there. Yeah, very got one more next week, give me a third title.
Speaker 6: Okay, I will, I will if you do one more blast on the trumpet. There you go, Thank you.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: All right, time waste They make a movie American up for grabs for the best in show your American movies two hundred and fifty dollars in cash thanks to survivor. Strange American laws that are still active. Did we know it's illegal to wear a fake tash? In a church in Alabama.
Speaker 5: Rio would have been arrested for impersonating BT just a week ago.
Speaker 6: It's not that it still exists, it's that it was ever brought into being. It had to have been created for a reason, like enough with these.
Speaker 3: Men who don't have rumustaches.
Speaker 6: In New Mexico, it's illegal to vote if you are an idiot.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm all for that. Everywhere in the world.
Speaker 6: Actually, how do you test the idiotcye?
Speaker 3: But great?
Speaker 6: Here and in Washington, Bigfoot is illegally protected under a law that says if you verbally harass him, you could face a one thousand dollars five All right, I think you're making some of those up. All right, then make a movie American Meet Sleepy Joe Biden gold Trumpel silkskin.
Speaker 1: Gold.
Speaker 6: He looks a bit like old RUMs Trumpel silskin Big Obama's house Silver, Honey, I fatten the kids silver plus?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Check you by what have you got American movies? Black Hawk down, Oh, very good gold.
Speaker 5: Lady in the Trump excuse me, cold crocodile Yankee?
Speaker 3: No, no, no bronze.
Speaker 5: What about the Tom Brady bunch?
Speaker 6: Very good?
Speaker 3: Silver plus? All right?
Speaker 6: A movie American, you could be winning two hundred and fifty dollars in cash textas yours in Mark than five minutes time, oh for seventy five three one oh four three good.
Speaker 9: Luck The Christian O'Connell show podcast all.
Speaker 6: Right today, then we're asking you to make a movie American, Jack, are you ready to mark?
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Meston Show.
Speaker 6: Two hundred and fifty dollars up for grabs, thanks through Survivor.
Speaker 3: It's ten to.
Speaker 6: Nine, Babe Ruth Pig in the City Gold, very clever, Danny Pound Forrest Trump Gold got that times Corpinion Ari was the first one world of Jurassic Trump Silva, Rompa Trumper, just mankes me laugh. Phrase makes me laugh, Rompa Trumper.
Speaker 5: That's gold.
Speaker 3: What I'm beck Opraheimer Gold. These are so good They what an a.
Speaker 6: Robin lady and the Trump Gold looks like a headline any moment going to draw hunt for the Redeck October Gold, Tony with and I Trumpy Old Men Gold, Siginfield of Dreams Silver, Trump Bigelow American Jiggelow Silver, When Harry met Mustang, Sally Silver plus and Sex Lies and Stormy Daniels Gold Anita.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to be the winner today, Beck for Romper Trumper.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Romper Trumper is the one. Beck you Today's winner. You win the two hundred and fifty dollars. Last song for us this morning, Bong Jovi, It's My Life tomorrow's show Today.
Speaker 9: Coming up next The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: This story about the Brian Adams show over the weekend of Perth being canceled, not delayed, no show because of one of these They're called fat birds, aren't they?
Speaker 3: And what are they?
Speaker 6: They're like matter, grease, wockage of what though?
Speaker 5: I think it's like grease. The newspaper said, grease, rags and fat.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Fat.
Speaker 5: They been trying to flush down the toilets. I don't know, so maybe it's a dietary thing.
Speaker 6: And then I want, then you can't use the toilets anymore. It literally clogs up so nothing gets flushed away.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all the pipes are clogged. There was actually photos of sewage bubbling up through the grate.
Speaker 6: So do we think he even did the sound check? Imagine he's like getting ready for it and then they go into his green room like we've got have you smelled that can you who has done that?
Speaker 2: Brian.
Speaker 3: We're got to get you out of here right now.
Speaker 6: It's flooding with basically perf people's boot We need to flee the scene right now. It's an insane reason why show I had to be canceled.
Speaker 5: So all the audience is all outside riding up waiting to get in, and they're being told to not go or make contact with any pulled water in the area.
Speaker 6: Who's washing their face in it? Anyway? He stop that people at Perth stop bathing in the pooey fatburg water. So tomorrow on the show, what incredible story about why a show was canceled?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow?
Speaker 6: We're looking for you amazing stories and strange reasons why something was canceled. It might be a wedding, a party, a birthday party, but they're more interesting, weird and unusual the reasons why it was canceled. That's what we're looking for tomorrow. You can email me today. We'll get you on tomorrow's show. Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. Thanks for listening. We're back tomorrow. Huggey's on the way.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast