Speaker 1: Come on, I know ever reward a Friday Friday, one step closer.
Speaker 2: To the weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We just both got coffees, but we were actually almost running lane.
Speaker 3: Almost didn't make it to the show. Britt and we get out of there. Well, the only.
Speaker 1: Reason we were delayed is because major Brittany Hockley fans.
Speaker 3: At the cafe underneath the radio station.
Speaker 1: We both order a coffee and they go order for for brit because Britt paid for.
Speaker 3: Mine very nice, always standard, and they can.
Speaker 1: Be my coffee. And it had just the coffee just that had written on the lead, you know, Armond cappuccino, which is my order. Then Britt gets her coffee and written on it like it's some sort of manifesto, have a great day, Brittany, multiple love hearts.
Speaker 3: And then she had a piece of brownie on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I'm a hero down there at the coffee shop.
Speaker 3: I think you're keeping them afloat man with you. I do order.
Speaker 2: I think that's all it is.
Speaker 4: It's just that I order so much, and I always ordered banana bread with it, so I do spend a lot of money.
Speaker 3: They basically thruitted me, like they could not kill it.
Speaker 4: Are you genuinely upset that the coffee shop likes me better? Like?
Speaker 2: Is that bothering you?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: She then said? She went, your skin is glowing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she did say that to Brittain.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I just buy her dinner man.
Speaker 2: And then she said love your hair to me as well.
Speaker 1: Then you got out of their hair, and then I tried to throw it. I went, yeah, she's getting bullied because now she's a ranger. And she went, oh that's not nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't do well down there. It wasn't your phone.
Speaker 1: It's much my coffee shops are they Well, we'll we're caffeinated. So it's going to be a good show for a Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good. You know who else is feeling good?
Speaker 4: The fifty eight year old that he's making absolute waves at the Games at the moment in Paris. Oh my god, who would think that at fifty eight years old, almost sixty years old, you would be at the Games competing?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. Wait to hear what she's doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't quite pick the sport fifty Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: You know, fifty eighth is not old, that's not what it is.
Speaker 4: But it's pretty old to be competing against the best in the world at something.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: The sport is crocheting? Making pasta bake?
Speaker 2: That's very cliche. Nah, it's really gonna surprise you, tho.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, good for her. I'm impressed. I can't wait to find out. Let's go Friday around the country. Well, go to the pickup.
Speaker 5: So I found out yesterday that I threw something in the bin that was very very important. Now, the sad part of this story is that it went in the bin weeks ago and there's no way that I'm going to get it back.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's such a bad feeling. What was it?
Speaker 5: Something very sentimental, something that means a lot to me, and something that when I found out it was gone, I was furious at my husband and furious at my set.
Speaker 3: Did Maddie j throw it out of it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I threw it out. But he has something to do with it. Okay.
Speaker 5: So my husband, Matt he I mean, you may or may not be familiar, but he does a lot of work across social media. He does a lot of funny skits, He does a lot of funny videos. He sometimes dresses up when he does these funny videos as different characters, and so actually he's a grown man that has a costume box in our house.
Speaker 2: Like we've got wigs, we've got props.
Speaker 5: Now, the problem with Matt is that he'll do a skit and then he'll leave the prop just like out of the box, floating around the house. We still have a spanking whip which he used for a Valentine's Day skit video two years ago, just floating around the house and I pop over this after you can absolutely, you can have it.
Speaker 2: You can have it, okay.
Speaker 5: So recently he was doing the skit and it required a clipboard and had some paper. He was obviously writing something down, and I said to him because he left all of the stuff everywhere after he finished it, and I was like, if you don't put that in the box where it belongs, I'm going to chuck it in the bin because it was a cheap two dollar clipboard that he's never going to use again. And we have about one hundred of them because every time he does a new skit, he buys a new clipboard. So a week went past, I mentioned it to him again, nothing happened. Two weeks went past, mentioned it to him again, nothing happened, and so eventually I came home this one day and there the stupid clipboard was sitting on the kitchen bench and I picked it up and I walked out to the bin and I threw it in.
Speaker 2: So yesterday he.
Speaker 5: Comes home and he says, hey, babe, that clipboard that had had the paper on it, which put it? And I said, well, like I told you, I put it in the bin. And the color literally drained from his face and I was like, please don't tell me, please, please stop. And he goes, did you the paper that was attached to it?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you put that in the bin as well? And I said, yeah, I put the whole thing in the bin, the paper that you'd scribbled all over.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So turns out what he'd been using to scribble on was the envelope to our wedding certificate. And what was inside that envelope was the wedding certificate, the one from the day that we signed, that brit that you signed as my witness, that our friend from England who flew over, who was our other, Our official beautiful wedding certificate that people keep for the length of their marriage is somewhere in the tip and we're never going to get it back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, you threw it out.
Speaker 4: Why was he scribbling on your wedding certificate?
Speaker 5: Scribbling on the envelope and he obviously in his like moment of just trying to do this skit, he just picked up some paperwork with the intention of putting it back. Don't get me started. It was a very silly idea. But also I could I mean, I'm not taking blame for this. I could have checked, but like, no, this is all his fault.
Speaker 1: Why was it just sitting on the dining room, psychopath?
Speaker 2: Because we moved recently, We recently moved house.
Speaker 3: Were never the wedding was a year ago. Don't blame me. This is Matthew Johnson's fault.
Speaker 2: I will not take responsibility.
Speaker 1: You have so many calls coming through throughout a piece of paper through there's nothing compared to the sanctuary, sanctuary, sanctimonium.
Speaker 2: No one knows what I'm saying. Marriage.
Speaker 5: You know what, Some people say that a wedding is not worth the paper it's written on. But I reckon our wedding and our marriage is gonna last a lot longer than the certificate.
Speaker 3: Dude, Oh, that's so funny. Hey.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, we're talking about the Games athlete that is over in Europe competing at the moment that has your attention, brit you're obsessed with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, with a lot of Games athletes at the moment, but this one has my attention for a different reason because she's competing at fifty eight years old, and I'm all about it, like god smacked.
Speaker 3: I'd love to know. Give us a call quickly. What did you pick up late in life?
Speaker 1: Because this is this is sort of the peak, the pinnacle of picking up a hobby lading life, going.
Speaker 3: To the game.
Speaker 2: It means we've still got a chance, bitch.
Speaker 1: Final bit would go, yeah, are good, Hey, give us a call. We'll take your cause.
Speaker 4: Next on the pickup, Look, it's no surprise that we're all absolutely loving the Games. Oh we're sit here waiting four years for this moment, and I'm so impressed by all the athletes, all the ossies out there absolutely killing it. Like it's incredible to watch these people that are just the best in the world are what they do.
Speaker 3: That's I so fit.
Speaker 2: They're ripped, they're so talented, you.
Speaker 3: Know, what I love.
Speaker 1: I love going to bed at night with the games on, telling, not even necessarily watching, just falling asleep, knowing that there are people out there giving their all while I've just eaten two meals and gone to bit.
Speaker 4: While you're nappy. I think they want to hear that you're not watching.
Speaker 3: I'm watching, that I'm in and out.
Speaker 4: This reminds me when Ben says he likes to listen to my podcast as he goes to bed, I'm like, not what I want.
Speaker 3: Your boyfriend, Ben listens.
Speaker 4: To your podcast sounds like put you to sleep, yeah, but also put you to sleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The inference there's not good.
Speaker 4: No. But there's one athlete that's really impressed me and caught my attention.
Speaker 2: She no longer is in the game. She didn't win, unfortunately, but she's out.
Speaker 4: She's fifty eight year old Chileian table tennis player zang Ziying.
Speaker 2: She's nearly sixty years old, and she has made her game's debut.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I think that is incredible because she said she played like when she was younger with her mum, I think, and then she took decades off, didn't do anything for decades. Then his later in life retires, She's like, what am I going to do? I know I'm going to go to the games. I'm going to try and be the best in the world. So she picked it back up and there she is.
Speaker 1: That is incredible proofs doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be a table tennis.
Speaker 4: She did lose to a forty six year old who obviously had age and agility on their side.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that's the lesson here.
Speaker 4: I think the lesson is if we can learn anything from Zenzing, it's age is just the number, like you can do anything you want at any point of.
Speaker 1: Give us a call here at the show. What did you pick up late in life? And actually, what did your master late in life? I tried to learn the thereman, which is an instrument during the pandemic. Learned that kind of sounds like it's like for me x files.
Speaker 4: You know, I actually don't know, and you're not doing a good job of explaining it.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it's the it's the I don't be doing it a third time house.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like I picked up being a radio host later in life.
Speaker 1: True, but I guess that was only thirty three three I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: Is that late in life?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: You picked up you went red lading life? You just dyed your hair red. So that's that's the chief lut.
Speaker 2: That wasn't talent. I just someone else did that.
Speaker 3: Teagan's called, Hey, how old are you? What did you pick up later in life? Teags?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, I'm thirty two, so maybe not too old. But I just started cheerleading this year. Oh never ever done anything.
Speaker 7: Like that before?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Did you grow up doing gymnastics or something?
Speaker 6: No, nothing at all. I've learned to Hanson and cartwheel and everything in like three months. So do you do in the air?
Speaker 7: And it's not?
Speaker 8: Do you?
Speaker 2: Is it like the movies?
Speaker 4: I don't know if you watched the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Do you do the big flips where they like fling you in the air?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the fire so I go up in the air. It's extreme, but I'm loving her.
Speaker 3: Are you glad you did it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Super glad. We had our first comp on the weekend and we came first.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, So not only did you pick it up, but you're slaying Olympics.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Chelsea. Hey, what did you pick up laiting? Life.
Speaker 7: It wasn't me that actually picked it up. It was my mum's friend and she is in her seventies and it's clogged dancing.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I don't mean to laugh.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but I could not control that. I didn't know I laughed. I didn't know clog dancing was a thing. When I think of clogs, I just think of cheese and Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, you know.
Speaker 7: It's like a no, she's not. But it's like a combination between like tap dancing and Irish And there's like a whole heap of them that go down to the community hall once a week and do their little clog dancing.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I think when I'm older, I might take up line dancing. Yeah, my boo's good. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I think I want to be a hairdresser late in life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think i'd just be really good at it.
Speaker 2: I think you too. But I think mainly it's just the gossip and the talking. You wouldn't do anything. You just wave your hands around with scissors.
Speaker 1: Do my memory be so bad that I'd forget the gossip and bring it back up the next day, And then you've got an undercut? I had coming into the show this afternoon, like two thirty, drive in here to be on air at three.
Speaker 2: You always cut it fine.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 3: And I want to know call through to the show.
Speaker 1: Have you had like a minor inconvenience happened to you that felt way bigger? You know, when something small happens and you're kind of at your wits end and you go, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Speaker 4: Do you mean like in a car when you're driving, or I mean I hit a bird in my car.
Speaker 2: Sorry to this second term. I hit a bird like a year ago, and the feathers are still in it.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about like real minor and convenience.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Okay, continue on.
Speaker 1: With We'll get wires involved with that and get those feathers out of your cars.
Speaker 2: Likely the bird's not still in there.
Speaker 8: Just yeah.
Speaker 1: I pictured like an albatross in the front of your jeep, Cherokee.
Speaker 3: I'm like Jesus mate. Oh okay. Now driving into work today, get picture this.
Speaker 1: Mitch so happy to come in and see one of his best friends, Brittany Hunky. Yeah, doing the picker. I have a little snack. I pre boil an egg because I love to drive and eat an egg. And I've got a down pat man. I had this boiled egg in my left hand, driving the steering wheel with my rime.
Speaker 3: I've worked it out.
Speaker 1: I get this egg and I smash it against the gearstick nob because it's the hardest surface in the car. And I get the most perfect crack in the world, like I'm talking like earthquake, ground crack, like straight through that, straight through the seam. I pull the top off, the whole half of the shell comes off. I pull the bottom half. The full bottom half comes off. And I had a couple of treacherous turns coming up. So I thought, all right, i'mna put this egg on my chair because I want to make I want to get make it to the show.
Speaker 2: I had to merge one hand.
Speaker 1: So I put the egg down and I merge, and the egg rolls back into the egg shell.
Speaker 2: No it didn't.
Speaker 3: And I got to grab it. Okay, are you interested or you're teasing me?
Speaker 2: Bo, I'm trying to lean into the egg. Story. Surely it didn't roll back into the egg shell.
Speaker 3: Mitch, it did. I grab it.
Speaker 1: In my grab, I crushed the egg shell, crushed the eggs shell, so pick it up now, this egg man is covered in eggshell. And then I ended up throwing it out of the window because I'm so pissed off.
Speaker 2: I am on the edge of the edge of my seat.
Speaker 4: Mitch, how do you know that egg didn't splat on somebody else's screen and cause an axe?
Speaker 2: Not my problem, but it's.
Speaker 3: Not just me.
Speaker 1: There's something in the air today for a Friday, our producer Gray said.
Speaker 3: Something happened to her today on the train.
Speaker 2: Since when did you get the train first time? Today? But I was watching this woman run over the train and.
Speaker 9: She like missed as the doors closed, but then she accidentally kicked her foot.
Speaker 2: Her loafer flew off and down into the is somehow funny because it's a loafer. Like if it was a crock, it wouldn't be if it.
Speaker 1: Was a rebox shoe, I'd be like a poor thing. But the fact that's a loafer hysterical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like the loafer flies through the air, so what do you even do? You can't jump down and get it, so your shoeless.
Speaker 9: We just made eye contact and I was like, I'm sorry, but you know it wasn't my fault.
Speaker 3: Mouth, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I felt really bad for her.
Speaker 9: She kind of just laughed, but then she was just standing there, one shoe on the platform.
Speaker 3: You have to go home. Rosemary is called the show.
Speaker 1: Did this happen to you? Rosemary says, are you a camel? And has a straw broke in your back?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 10: So what happened was you know how every night you go home and you're like, put your Netflix on, You've got your food, and I have this little tray thing that I use, like you know, you have your micro that's a mystery.
Speaker 8: But I went to eat it and I went to put the tray like up so it could sit over my lap and slides off onto the couch.
Speaker 2: Okay, you just pick it back up with some cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could pick it up.
Speaker 8: Well, I went to trying to pick it up, and I just needed extra equipment, as you know. And I went to run to the kitchen and come back and my little dog was it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, ultimate straw breaking dog broke the camel's straw back.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Thank you camel and Grace, Thank you camel, And I am a camel myself. Come on, bridge, who else is a camel? Will and witty good segue.
Speaker 3: The boys jumps.
Speaker 1: The boys are driving herd up next. Hopefully they're in better moods. We will see you all Monday of a great weekend. If you miss any of the show, this week podcasted on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: We had Smith the Jade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great week.
Speaker 4: Have a brilliant weekend everyone, See everybody Bye.