Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello everybody.
Speaker 3: Hi Laura, II, Mitch.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing some really great news to you guys today.
Speaker 4: What's happened?
Speaker 3: I bet you're wondering why is Brittany so excited?
Speaker 4: I think this every day I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, research has found something that's going to make me feel so much better about all my life choices.
Speaker 3: I eat pasta. I call myself a carb monster, right like I eat pasta five not.
Speaker 2: You do love a carbanaras, spaghette whatever?
Speaker 3: Like I just I froth it.
Speaker 1: I'm a Fiend's researchers have now discovered that eating pasta will bring you.
Speaker 3: The same happiness as and music.
Speaker 4: It's sola and orphan lyft.
Speaker 1: It scientifically provides you joy. Like that's not It's not just a feeling because you're like, oh, this tastes good. There is science now, So now I can eat it seven days a week, and you can take it from five days to seven day.
Speaker 2: My question here is why did anyone need to do research into this?
Speaker 4: It's so obvious.
Speaker 5: So can I ask how do I take part in that study?
Speaker 6: I want to eat past it for seven days a week and we're going to scan your brain.
Speaker 1: Doing the research question because there's a lot of money dropped on that also guilt free.
Speaker 5: Now brit you can eat past your every night and be happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it was guilt free anyway. But now I just yeah, I just have proof.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: If you guys think we'd come a long way with how we look at the gay community, right, you'd think that as a society we are so progressed. What has happened to Billie Eilish over these last couple of days is going to make you question everything you thought you knew because she came out, right, she came well, yeah that questionable.
Speaker 3: She came out. Well she falls out.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: All right, big discussions to be had here at the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys might have heard last week that Billy Eilish, the One and the Only, came out. She said she liked boys and girls. It hit the news, people run with it. It was this really big thing and then it's sort of laid to rest a little bit. But it has since come out again at the Variety Hit Maker Awards that just happened, which is held by Variety.
Speaker 3: She didn't come out in that original interview.
Speaker 1: She was quote unquote forced out on the red carpet at the Variety event by Variety themselves have a listen.
Speaker 7: Did you mean to come out in the story? No? I didn't, but I kind of thought, wasn't it obvious? Like it's kind of been. I just I didn't realize people didn't know.
Speaker 4: So we need to get to a point where you don't even have to come out.
Speaker 7: So I just don't really believe in it. I'm just like, why can't we just exist? I've been doing this for a long time and I just didn't talk about it.
Speaker 4: It was the same.
Speaker 5: I literally was like to my mom and dating wayban Allan, but I was.
Speaker 4: Like, I was like, I saw the article.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh, I guess I guess I came out today.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh I guess.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool.
Speaker 3: There are so many that I want to unpack.
Speaker 1: But straight after this, Billy released a statement that said thanks Variety for my award and for also outing me on a red carpet at eleven am. Instead of talking about anything else that matters, I like, boys and girls leave me alone about it, please?
Speaker 3: Literally, who cares?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: I find it interesting that the interviewer said to Billy, oh my god, it's so crazy that you even have to come out yet her first question was did you mean to come out like she made at this event. The worst part about this whole situation is it's not even that she was outed. It's that one hundred thousand people unfollowed Billy on Instagram immediately just because she said she's gay.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be a big deal at all, But there is this fascination that people seem to have with people's sexuality. There seems to be this fascination in terms of like, well, but like what are they really doing?
Speaker 4: How do they identify?
Speaker 1: But the fact that one hundred thousand people unfollowed immediately, there's still one hundred thousand people immediately so homophobic that they're like.
Speaker 4: Don't give them.
Speaker 1: Look at you and Mitch, I mean, what was it like for you when you came out. I know it was a different time, it was a little while ago now, but did you have that similar effect of.
Speaker 5: Homophobia as a global pop star as well? Britt?
Speaker 6: I can because you're winning huge variety awards and no, no, but you're right. I mean, yeah, I lost my best friend when I came out, and you sort of look at the timeline I've only been out for five years. My five year anniversary in about two weeks. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get me a gay rainbow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've only been out five years, which is a drop like in the pool of my timeline. But I lost my best friend for religious reasons. Didn't talk, just didn't want a bar of it.
Speaker 3: Female or male best friend.
Speaker 5: Female best friend.
Speaker 6: Maybe she thought, can't get him anymore, I can't bag him, no point being friends with him.
Speaker 5: But it's true.
Speaker 6: We seriously and I've made this point many times, But I was the same person the day before I came out to the person that I was after I came out, But I was less a best friend, and you go why, like why So then what that did to my brain was like there's so many questions right, and coming out took me twenty three years to get to the point of being comfortable enough to come out, let alone talk about it on the radio.
Speaker 5: I was there at the time.
Speaker 6: And then when you hear billy speak like having the power taken out of your hands in that situation, I think is the biggest crime because it is such a horrific time for a young quick person grappling with their identity.
Speaker 5: I was outed at the workplace where I worked.
Speaker 6: I had someone out me to management to leverage their position and themselves. I don't want to go into the details, but I remember I was like frozen. I just felt like, this is my story to tell. I'm not ready yet, but now all these people know.
Speaker 2: I think the big thing with this Billy Eilish situation is that the woman who's interviewing is also queer. She talked about how you know, oh, well, when I came out, I just told my mum I'm dating girls now. So I don't think it was necessarily coming from a place of trying to catch her raut.
Speaker 4: She was definitely trying to get a headline.
Speaker 2: But I think the big thing here is if you work in media and you have the opportunity of interviewing incredible stars who are winning amazing awards, who are doing incredible things, their sexuality or what they wore shouldn't be the two things that you discuss, and it seems to be that they're the two questions that always get asked.
Speaker 4: Everything else gets left on the floor.
Speaker 1: With Rebel Wilson last year when Rebel came out and her hand was forced to come out. But I think the fifth end of the day. Billy said it best. Who cares, who cares?
Speaker 5: Who truly cares? I mean, I'll do it good pants, So I do care.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, and we will never dune here as a friend.
Speaker 1: Witch.
Speaker 5: That's actually very sweet.
Speaker 4: Coming up.
Speaker 2: I've had something truly embarrassing happened to me. It was a case of mistaken identity and it almost went home with a new husband.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, okay, that's next. I can't wait to hear that. It's a pick up.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: I think I have had my most embarrassing moment. And now I don't say this lightly because a lot of silly things have happened to me over the years.
Speaker 4: This is a big call.
Speaker 1: I've known you inside out for four and a half years, and you have a very embarrassing life.
Speaker 4: It was just in a nice way.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's nice, but that's okay. It was just very public. So last night Britt and I we went out. There was this really cool event on Richard Branson. He has brought cruise ships, like there's a big cruise ship that's parked in the city and it was open to the public, but also heaps of media personalities there.
Speaker 4: Everybody was all dressed.
Speaker 2: Up to the nines and having a glass of wine and walking around.
Speaker 4: This beautiful cruise ship. It was amazing, amazing.
Speaker 2: And I'm also there with my husband, Mattie j He's come as well, and he looks so handsome. He's wearing this gray suit and it's like got this kind of satiny finish to it, so when you touch it, it feels quite like sleeky, like I don't know how you look like silky. Yeah, it's this silky nice suit that he's got on. And I just we don't get to go out much, you know, married couple, got two kids. It's very rare that we have a night out together. And when we do, I'm a very touchy feely person, Like I like to have my hands on him. I light to hold his hand, I like to rub his back. He's never too far from me. So I'm there in the middle of a conversation, very deep in it, and I see matt and feeling like kind of next to me, just a little bit away. But I didn't want to break the conversation I was having, but I want to acknowledge that he was there, and so I'm gently rubbing his back, and then he seemed to respond positively.
Speaker 4: So I started rubbing around in circles, which is.
Speaker 3: Very soothing, Like it feels so nice when someone.
Speaker 5: Does that, you know.
Speaker 2: And I was like, eventually I'll leave this conversation. I'll go back to my lovely husband rubbing round on his back. And then I could, you know, a couple of minutes past, and I could feel that he didn't seem to be reciprocating my loving touch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wasn't rubbing back, he.
Speaker 4: Wasn't giving me any It wasn't even leaning into me.
Speaker 2: And then I felt him looking at me kind of strange, and I was like, there is something's wrong.
Speaker 4: And I turned to my right and I was not rubbing the back of my husband.
Speaker 2: I was rubbing the back of Tim Robarts, a completely different bachelor who's been I mean, for anyone who doesn't know, I met my husband on the Bachelor, and Tim Robarts was a bachelor many years before us. And I was rubbing his back and both of us just stood there, made eye contact, and I was like, where do I go now?
Speaker 1: Tim Or was the OG Bachelor, he was number one bachelor.
Speaker 5: Do you want him? Originally when you watch the series, that's why you went on to get Matt. You go shit. I couldn't get Tim.
Speaker 2: So and then I got on the Virgin boat and I was like, and now's my chance my husband. No, no, no, guys, this is they were wearing the exact same suit. It was the same fabric, the same color. They are kind of the same. Hein In that moment, I never realized how much my husband actually looks like Tim Ross.
Speaker 3: So how did him feel in this moment?
Speaker 2: Oh, I just went into over explanation mode, so I made it just look so hot.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. I thought you were my husband. I thought you were mad.
Speaker 2: And then I grabbed Tim and I made him come with me to go and get mad so that I could prove to Tim that they were wearing the same suit.
Speaker 5: He joins us. Now, Tim, Australia's first bachelor, joins us here on the show, heybody, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Looking through your head as you were being felt up by Laura Burn.
Speaker 8: Well, look, I was believing that story for a little bit there, but once she started doing it, so there was four other times in the nine coming back and I'm like, you know what, I'll let it pass once, but multiple times, you know, come on, you can't keep up the same story.
Speaker 5: You're a perd.
Speaker 4: Laura, I'm happily married, don't you dead?
Speaker 2: We know, look at this photo you try and tell that they don't look like the same.
Speaker 5: Purple that on the pick up socials.
Speaker 6: Also, you're on a cruise ship like it's sometimes when you don't have your sea legs yet. You were just trying to hold onto something to ground yourself, right, a big strong man.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you had to go and like and you know, have that man to man with mannay j.
Speaker 8: I just sort of went over and gave him a little BackRub so he didn't feel bad. I think I was also like me, you know, when you're like mid deep conversation as well, and someone's rubbing your back and there's that it's just subconsciously like, second, my wife's not here, maybe it's some guy, it's one of my mates. And then I'm like, this is actually a little bit more of a feminine rub and quiet like intimate, you know, And that's when I turned around. I'm like, this is weird.
Speaker 4: But I'll just roll with it.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking is I've got a new franchise idea, the bachelor wife swap addition too, well.
Speaker 8: Ex old bachelors together and just put your keys in a bowl.
Speaker 2: Well, it would be fair. We had to like compete with so many women, it would be fair. We put you in totally who do bring?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Very sorry to Timbo.
Speaker 6: Thank you mate, You've got a gorgeous small of your back. We want the nation to know. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 8: I'll try and I'll try and coordinate suits again with Maddie and we'll see what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, try your luck.
Speaker 4: If anything, it sounds like you enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: You're an idiot.
Speaker 5: But I didn't hear that. I did not hear that in his voice.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I don't know if you know, like talk about testing your boyfriend like you did Laura. But a woman has tested her boyfriend in the most cooked way. I'm going to tell you about it after the break right soon on the pickup. Hey, Look, we all want a committed relationship, right Mitch. Sorry that could be pointed at you because you're single, but.
Speaker 3: Like it's what you want in life.
Speaker 1: You want to know that your partner will be there for you in a hard time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're going to stand by you. If you're in a relationship, you definitely want them to be committed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you're not in a relationship, it's what you look for commitment. Yeah, there's this guy that went online to post like am I the a hole?
Speaker 3: Because this is what's happened.
Speaker 1: So his partner, he'd been dating this girl for a couple of months and everything was going great, abe nice, getting along, everything seemed normal. She calls him one night and she's panicking, can't Breathe thinks she's dying. She's like in the phone like something like that's how it was, like right, She's like she's having something's wrong. She goes and she said, I think I'm dying. No one's home to help me because her parents are out.
Speaker 5: I need help.
Speaker 1: Something's really really wrong. So he jumped in the car, races over at nighttime. So this is Dan would to her side because this is the commitment you want in a man. She gets to the front door, opens the front door, races in to save his partner and she just is there laughing, and he's like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: She's like, got you just wanted to test your commitment What.
Speaker 5: Ding ding ding? You passed the test?
Speaker 4: She's like, ding ding ding massive red flag.
Speaker 5: Run the other way.
Speaker 1: So she had contrived this whole thing where she's like, let's just see if he's really in this. I'm going to pretend I'm dying and see if he comes to help me, and she's like, you past and he his response was like stuff you, I am never speaking to you again. So he left and he's since ghosted her. Wow, are you the a whole Absolutely you're not.
Speaker 3: This is a red flag? Who is doing these?
Speaker 1: If you need to do a commitment test, your barner, why are you dating? Nah?
Speaker 2: Brit This to me is it's so extreme because also it's a terrible commitment test right like it dying, like literally anyone would come like my neighbor would come over.
Speaker 4: They're not committed to me if I was dying.
Speaker 2: If someone's dying, who you loosely know you'll go and help them move.
Speaker 6: You if anyone was dying and they asked me for help help.
Speaker 4: This is a shitty called the ambo.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, look, I've never done a commitment test, but I'm not against test incompletely total.
Speaker 4: So when I was in my early twenties.
Speaker 2: I had a very unfaithful boyfriend, right, and I knew it, but I didn't have any proof.
Speaker 4: But I knew it. I knew he was cheating on me.
Speaker 5: I knew it in your loins.
Speaker 2: You just just you know, when you've got that feeling that they're just being unfaithful and something's going down. But then they're telling you that you're crazy.
Speaker 1: You find female panties in your bed, you're just not like lim sleeping with someone you get an inkling.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't have any hard proof.
Speaker 2: So what I did was I created a fake Instagram account. Oh that was a very attractive girl, and she started messaging him, and he started messaging back all sexy, and he trapped himself.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, you trapped him.
Speaker 3: Also, Laura, that's identity theft.
Speaker 1: You stole someone's image and pretended to be. Her name was Sarah.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: I couldn't go out with anything more original? What an idiot?
Speaker 5: What did he say back? He was horny and sexy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was doing naughty stuff. He was doing he was writing naughty things. So she wow. And then I had all the evidence. So then did you how did this unravel?
Speaker 1: Did you tell him we like Aha, I accidentally stumbled into your phone and found your DM.
Speaker 5: I'm Sarah.
Speaker 2: I told him that Sarah was friends with one of my staff.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're so so many problems.
Speaker 5: And you know what he's like, Sarah's not real. We're breaking up like he would have known for sure.
Speaker 4: Please don't leave me because I'm crazy. I don't know what I'll do.
Speaker 5: Don't do commitment tests on your partner.
Speaker 2: The lesson here is if you need to do a commitment test on your partner, the relationship is not worth being in.
Speaker 4: That is the actual lesson.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Can you message Ben as Sarah motion your boyfriend, Ben.
Speaker 6: He's not going to cheat with the time your friends, Brie. That's too hard, it's too hard. All right, we'll see you guys tomorrow. If you missed any of the show podcasted on the iHeartRadio app. Otherwise, I will see you guys tomorrow