Speaker 1: Showtime.
Speaker 2: What's something in a slow cooker too hot?
Speaker 3: Darren's all his respects to hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not a normal show. This is not an Amal show.
Speaker 3: In two hours from now, we were presiding over a wedding live on the show here at the radio station when this station would come the Chapel of Love, Aaron and Laura getting married.
Speaker 2: This morning in two hours time. Everyone looks very very smart too.
Speaker 3: Everyone's dressed up well. Pats always looks smart for work, but we look a bit so it actually.
Speaker 4: Feels like a proper occasion this morning. When we when we kick this off on Tuesday, you know, I was like, oh, it'll be funny to do with him the wedding, but it actually feels.
Speaker 3: There's someone getting genuinely excited for them now. Of everything that we managed to organize with our awesome listeners donating stuff, what are you most excited about this morning, Patsy, Oh, can't.
Speaker 5: Wait for this boganmobile to turn up.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful limo with a like a Disney aerial kind of carriage in the middle of it.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a tour of a car limo at the front a carriage at the back.
Speaker 2: That is what King Charles will be using Lenter this year for his coronation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does kind of look like what Kim got married in.
Speaker 2: Jackie Boye. What about you?
Speaker 4: One yet to meet the cockatoo yet. There is a named Romulus who will bring the rings down in either fly down the aisle the rings onto the hands of the couple. If he doesn't want to fly, then it's my job to step up and not unlike a pirate, have him on my shoulder.
Speaker 2: And then walk down and walk down the aisle.
Speaker 3: If he just tuned in, this is what happens when we plan a wedding. I'm looking forward to the Godfather singing in cab in his hands today and the opera singer as well, who's going to be singing the first dance. So that's all happening in two hours time. Up next then on the Christian O'Connell Show, we're getting to this week's double thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, Patsy, double thumbs up for you. What are you into this week?
Speaker 5: Well, you know it has got a wedding sort of flavor to it. You know, I love say yes to the dress. Only the New York one though with Randy it's like the best. It does it the best at Kleinfeld's in New York when we were there. I actually had to go and see it.
Speaker 2: Did you yeah, the shop you Yes, I've never seen it. The early days. I used to love that show. Watch it with the kids. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So what the bride goes in and gets changed into a dress and comes out and they vote on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much, but it's more like a behind the scenes of I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's all the drama, the mum.
Speaker 3: There's always a pushy mum, right, and then there's like the sort of catty sisters and makes us all of them.
Speaker 5: They take too many people and there's too many opinions and you're like screaming at the TV. No, don't listen to them. Go with your heart. And you know when they put the dress on in the face, the face just lights up and you're like, I was turned to Chris and go that that's it.
Speaker 4: That's a dress.
Speaker 5: It's like, how do you know she hasn't even spoken, No, I can tell by her body language. But anyway, getting to what I want to talk about, there's a girl on Facebook and Instagram. And I know this sounds really weird, but I just love her videos. Her name is Hobby Bobbins. She's in America. What she does is people donate vintage wedding dresses to her. So say, someone's grandma's died and they've inherited this beautiful gown, but it's, you know, it's like one hundred, one hundred and fifty years old.
Speaker 2: She washes bloody old.
Speaker 4: Age, got married at least twenty seventy.
Speaker 5: Anyway, what this girl does, she just takes her through videos of bringing these dresses back to life. So she basically washes them in her bathtub.
Speaker 4: I agree with that. Anything where you see people washing something back from you's so addictive and.
Speaker 5: It's just gorgeous. And she just breathes new life into the gowns. And they just don't make stuff like that anymore. And she will resell some of the stuff she does, and I'm just addicted to it.
Speaker 4: So she waits. She doesn't give them back, no, not necessarily, like a nice thing for the family.
Speaker 2: Remember that thousand year old grandmother.
Speaker 5: And she'll go around op shops and buy them herself. They're the ones she sells but I'm just intrigued by it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm going to have to watch or she killed.
Speaker 5: On Instagrambie Bobbins. Yes, she's American and she's gorgeous on Facebook and as well as Instagram. The other thing that I wanted to recommend last night we went out from Mexican to our favorite Mexican joint. It's called Salsa in Werribee, and it is just so unassuming. It's just this little restaurant in next to seven eleven in one of the corners of town. But they make the best sit in the window.
Speaker 4: So that you get the view of the cars coming and.
Speaker 3: Going from slushies.
Speaker 5: There's a laundromat on the other side. But they make the best Mexican. We had these for haters that they do, Oh Mexican gordoess. If you go, you've got to have the faeters. They come out on the sizzling plate that all the.
Speaker 3: Show of it as they bring it through, saying true that you hear it before you and another the old careful the plates are very hot. Why is it, by the way, when everyone tells you that you still just grab up places, we told you, idiot.
Speaker 5: But they have this special herban spice sort of mix that they roll the meat so you can have chicken and beef like it's a mixed beef onion and the peppers. So it's beautiful. Its Selsa's at weer a.
Speaker 1: Beet just next to the The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast right now, then, Jack and I double thumbs up this thing we do every Friday, just the things that we're into the moment, be a TV show, whatever, Jack, what's it for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Two quick ones from me. We played The Darkness earlier in the week. I believe anything called love great song right band. The lead singer from the Darkness, Justin Hawkins, has his own YouTube channel where he critiques other people's music. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean he stumbled into I think you mentioned it couple of weeks ago. He's brilliant.
Speaker 4: He's so good. He's very good. So he'll get his acoustic guitar out, try and learn the song and talk a little bit about it, and he surprises you. You think he's going to come on and slam new music, you know, like the pop stars of today, but he actually does it very well. It's called Justin Hawkins rides again on YouTube. And the other one is I just finished Jane Harper's new book. She obviously wrote The Dry which was the turn into a movie Eric Banners movie with Eric Banner. That's saying characters back again in her new book Exiles, and I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: My wife is reading at the moment.
Speaker 4: Is it good, Exles?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, great mystery novel.
Speaker 3: Double thumbs up for me if you were offering me a TV show is about a Black Ops mission to bring back somebody. I'm watching that already. It's a very good looking actor right called Luke Evans. He's done a lot of superherous movies and stuff that he's in this now, I'll be honest about this. It's called Echo three.
Speaker 2: Get this. I didn't even watch the trailer.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I mean, I'm Echo three. I be in the unit with you guys in a foxhoul somewhere. There's two guys in a unit together. Okay, one of them, his wife gets kidnapped in the Venezuelan jungles to not just it's not just a husband in the unit who elses a unit her brother, Luke Evans. Two guys connected to one woman. They've got to go and bring her back. Is she a CIA spy? We don't yet know that. The husband gives up halfway through and he thinks she is a spy who he gives up, goes back home, goes back overto his big mansion.
Speaker 2: Not Luke Evans, like Luke Evins. He's good. You know, Luke Evians is going to bring his sister.
Speaker 4: Where's your wife mate?
Speaker 2: I think she's a c I a spy. I hate that red flag. Red flag, guys.
Speaker 3: It's called Echo three. It's on Apple TV. I'll say this right, I love it. Okay, It's like they spent all the money hiring Luke Evans right, and didn't leave a lot of money for scripting.
Speaker 2: And stuff that there is a lot of wooden darlog you love this.
Speaker 3: Each episode a something that feels like a Steven's the Gold movie title.
Speaker 2: The episode of watched last night was simply.
Speaker 3: Called We Don't Want Your Influence. I can't wait to see it again tonight. Down to the last two episodes of Echo three.
Speaker 2: I'm coming, guys. The other thing brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 3: But I've read lots of different books over the years on creativity, but my number one book now is Rick Rubens one. It's amazing. This is an amazing record produce who's done stuff in the early days of hip hop with the Beastly Boys, they moved on to Big Albus with the Dredge On Chili Peppers, Johnny Cash is amazing. Last three albums that was Rick Rubin had persuated him to do more of a strip back thing, and he in the last five years of his life also has done adele albums. It's it's a book about creativity. So many people think creativity is a very hard thing to do. It's just for artists and singers and movie makers. It's actually what Rick tries to do. He talks nothing about his career. He tries to connect people to it. It's a natural way of being. If you think about it as a kid, you never didn't. You didn't think is this any good? It's so hard to be creative. Don't have any ideas.
Speaker 2: You just start.
Speaker 3: Doodling naturally, you just play naturally. So that is still in us, but school drums it out of us. It's a beautiful book. I've made so many little highlights on it. Rick Rubin is called The Creative Act. It's a great book. Can't recommend it enough.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: You want to have a space, probably a bit like where we're having our wedding today. We're calling the space the Chapel of Love this morning at eight o'clock for the marriage between Aaron and Laura that we've pulled together in just a couple of days with all of your incredible help. Normally is sort of a place where it's just one of those what do you call it? Staff from a common room. People go and have their lunch in silence, heat one minute noodles, The.
Speaker 4: Kitchen gets neglected. There mugs in the city, empty bowls, week bigs.
Speaker 2: Now it looks have you guys.
Speaker 5: Seen how amazing It's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's like a really expensive like Italian wedding or something. You know, you see those European photos where it's lush and there's like the sea behind it shimmering and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's some rick. I want them to just keep this stuff up there.
Speaker 4: Yes, now it's a place that you'd actually want to be, whereas before you wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I had a quick look earlier. The guests are all arrived and the people are helping out with today's show. So I met the Godfather who's going to be singing as well, who does.
Speaker 2: Actually look like a godfather? Yes, I said to me, you the Godfather went see.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if he's in character. Well, that's just who he is. And I'll tell you now, go and shake his hand in a minute. It's a proper hands, yes.
Speaker 2: Like one of those you're on the versus going because my hand.
Speaker 3: Many rings sovereigns from fallen enemies with the Godfather.
Speaker 2: And then I didn't meet him. I heard him.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, you know, I asked for some kind of animal to bring the ring down the aisle, and we were lucky enough. We've been graced with a beautiful cockatoo called Romulus. When we were sort of thinking about how would go, we didn't factor into this.
Speaker 2: Is that's a loud bird.
Speaker 4: Yes, we were worried.
Speaker 2: That's what it's like right now.
Speaker 3: Right perhaps you can hear wherever you are in this radio station, you hear this.
Speaker 2: I had him an engineering weren't.
Speaker 3: You've given yourself a real challenge now because you can shut yourself in a room with him, and hey, between every vow when they go, is anyone who have a lawful impediment.
Speaker 4: Why these two shouldn't get went today?
Speaker 2: It was in the cuckoo.
Speaker 4: We were worried that he wouldn't fly and deliver the rings on time. That's the least of our worriesst.
Speaker 3: Of our problems. How do you feel about because if he doesn't fly then the plan was to put on your shoulder.
Speaker 4: Did you see him coming out of.
Speaker 2: Your Yes, no, I'm not that romulus.
Speaker 4: You'll grip under my ten we take.
Speaker 6: It away with him.
Speaker 3: So anyway, what I'm saying is is on track to be wedding of the year at eight this morning, all right, time for the exititime time waster. It is dental songs. Dental songs. I want to be flawdated flooried, floor dated bronze. Yes, Rince, you've been gone silver. Joe Dolci is a very popular artist, almost dentist. Ah, shut up your brace gold than you we got that, Jack? What have you got dental songs?
Speaker 4: Jamie's got a gum about that?
Speaker 2: That is basic? And you know that bronx.
Speaker 4: What about then a gum?
Speaker 2: Can you have a gum? Gums?
Speaker 4: But she maybe is the missing one. YEA Bono has also got a problem with these guns Sunday bloody gum day.
Speaker 2: Now that is gold.
Speaker 4: Savage Garden. You know that song they sang truly, madly, deeply great song toothy mouthed please as.
Speaker 1: Well the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The Bride is on the move and what a way to travel through this great city? Right now?
Speaker 3: How can we describe this? Actually you did it Bernie yesterday. What do you see when you see it coming towards You see a lima?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. If you were only to see the front half, say, the other half is obscured by a building and you're walking down the front thing.
Speaker 2: That has to be a very big building to excure what the second half.
Speaker 4: Is very normal Chrysler three hundred. But the second half is a fairy tail style carriage that you would see in like snow Wine or a Disney film.
Speaker 2: But it's massive. But it's built India. So I saw a.
Speaker 3: Comment on social media said, do you know you see those lories where they're carrying a load of porterloos on the back.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look like.
Speaker 3: That, but like I said, I said, Liberaci transporting porterloos.
Speaker 2: You will see this if you're in the CBD.
Speaker 3: So I think they were leaving the Langham, and obviously they're driving over towards us at Richmond with the bride to be and Laura. So if you see them, text us on seven five three one oh four three. All right, extra time of time waster dental songs is the extra time waster today. Adam's got can't bite the moonlight? Silver toothless instead of footless toothless, Bronze, Oh dear.
Speaker 2: Toothless and Seattle, that's a movie, mate, Bronze.
Speaker 4: Good good, pick up good.
Speaker 3: Pick up, floss floss baby, Silver, Running up that dentist, Bill said of the Cape Bush song Running up that Hill Gold.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: Shinzana in the dentist chair Tonight in the air, Tonight in the dentist chair, Silver part all that overnight filling upside didn't floss again, Bronze. I don't think we're going to be giving any pens out this morning. Did they have a big night last night?
Speaker 2: Was it the Bucks night last night? All the listeners went along? But he mean cavity, that's a goal. That's more like it. Well, Chris, you've lost that loving filling silver.
Speaker 3: Jane's got sore Gumsson is how.
Speaker 2: We do it.
Speaker 3: Gold and Craig, every tooth you take silver instead of USh Russia.
Speaker 4: Not a song.
Speaker 3: No food fighters have got a dental song. Long road to chewing bronze and gummy ray cyrus with toothy breaking off.
Speaker 4: Let's got time on it, Let's tap down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's never go back to it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: The Wedding in an hour's Time organized in the last three days with you guys all for our and Laura. We asked on Tuesday if we had a celebrant for this Friday, and it was Valentine's Day on Tuesday, would anyone just fancy getting married? And we're trying sort of all out in a couple of days, but just fancy just getting it done beginning the weekend married. And we didn't realize that so many of you in a very very soon situation to Anna Laura, when you've been together quite a while and kids have come along, and there's no way you're selling out twenty to thirty grand plus for one day. This is not gonna happen. And so Alonaura are going to be getting married in an hour's time. So today is a big show. There's a lot going on here. There's animals here. There's a crazy, very loud cockatoo that's huge, and there's also I just realized the one but isn't even here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, the other animals are yet to meet the cockatoo.
Speaker 2: There's not really a snake, isn't there?
Speaker 4: Well, you said, yes, did I do snakes? Always putting my hand up to say we don't need the fun Farm coming.
Speaker 2: Along too late?
Speaker 3: Now, my friend fun Farm is here. It's in the house, and so big show today. And then suddenly this morning on our show group chat, Jack puts this message there Patsy amongst me and the core producers.
Speaker 2: Guys, so sorry running a bit late. I should not have ft with those wasps.
Speaker 3: Oh there's five of them in the house right now, and I've been trying to make sure there's none left.
Speaker 2: This is This is at quarter to six. It arranged to meet before the show to walk through the wedding.
Speaker 4: There's a wasp nest in the chimney. You know how I told you got stung.
Speaker 5: There at the moment.
Speaker 2: Vicious bastards, that's what they are.
Speaker 4: You can't believe I didn't spot it sooner when it's like a highway of wasps when you walk outside now coming in and out of the chimney.
Speaker 2: So why don't you called someone to deal with it, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I only saw it yesterday. So then after after dark I put the stuff. You just go and get it from Bunnings. It's like a powder and you meant to.
Speaker 3: With your baby and wife stoptide.
Speaker 2: Right, and then goes to sleep. I felt the need. I love the smell of sleep in the morning.
Speaker 4: You're meant to wait till after dark so they're not active or else you spray there, strike at Nika. That's right, they're sleeping.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyway, they've had a revenge on you.
Speaker 4: Well now, so I obviously did a good job on the outside of the chimney. I think they're coming in through the inside.
Speaker 2: The nests to be in the chimney.
Speaker 4: Yes, right now. I woke up and they're in the living room.
Speaker 2: Having a coupe watching tea.
Speaker 3: They watching box was living room.
Speaker 4: Baker and Gordia actually evacuating.
Speaker 2: Now this is so much drama. Talking about drama, Rio is in position. Can you see the bridal car with a bride on board?
Speaker 7: Christian, No, I can't see it, not here there's an uber driver with an Uber Eat package. I don't know if anyone ordered some Uber eats, but there's no limos.
Speaker 3: He's just seven eight was that would be differentator. We're bringing red rooster here for the cockatoo and so you can't see this sort of big limo car.
Speaker 7: I've had a little look around the corner. There's there's normal cars. There's no carriages whatsoever? People waiting?
Speaker 4: Where are you walking down the street.
Speaker 7: I'm walking. I'm down on Goodwood I've headed down towards Lennox Street. I've poked my head around. There's no carriage there.
Speaker 3: This is the route that they're actually going to come up by the way, because what if they go via church or well.
Speaker 7: I can't go all the way up the church.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you speak to producer Katyn who's in the car to work out where she is? You're just wondering, Well, Richmond and LuxI there like a lost pen pal from France.
Speaker 7: When it's here, I'll see it. I'm sure it's unmissible.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's rare you see footy being talked about on Big Saturday Night and during the week chat shows in America this week. Jimmy Kimmel. Who's pretty right, Jimmy Kimmel does a great late night show in America. Kate Blanche was on there will Blanche whoever you say? Various people, depending our pretentials, they are say either Blanche or Blanche. She was on talking about footie and her uncle Jimmy, who used to play for the Bombers. You're a Bombers fan, right, did you know that?
Speaker 4: I don't remember Jimmy, but having looked it up, he played in the fifties, so a little bit before my.
Speaker 3: Talent, madam in the Bombers need some good pr I'd be doubling down on that. I'd be contacting Kate Blanche today.
Speaker 1: There I come from.
Speaker 8: We have a football, that's we call it football. It's uzzie rules, yeah, footy, and they basically it's just they have a similar a ball, except they don't have.
Speaker 2: The protection any They already have sleeves, right.
Speaker 8: They were, Yeah, they were shorts and really yeah, little tank tops. And my my uncle used to play professionally for Essenon he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our uncle Jimmy used to play for the Bombers. Who knew?
Speaker 3: And then the other thing she wanted to talk about is the state of the oval in Tasmania. Now, I've been to Tasmania, but obviously I've only been in this country five years and exploring all the different places. I didn't know you did any of you guys know? They play on gravel?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: What to Cate Blanchet, my cousin played in Tasmania where they it's so hardcore that they play on gravel?
Speaker 1: Is that true? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So I mean the Super Bowls, like you know, they take a few hits, but you've got to Tasmania and they.
Speaker 1: Play real gravel.
Speaker 9: That's yeah, I know a lot.
Speaker 4: So have you heard about it? It's so unbelievable. Tasmania is the greenest state, yes, straight lush with vegetation.
Speaker 2: Did you watch that? Why would they choose to rip up the lushness? Guys?
Speaker 4: Should we just play on the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and put just bedrock down and play on that? Does anyone know anything about this? And if you've got a famous uncle like uncle Jimmy, Cate Blanche's uncle that used to play for the Bombers, I want to hear about your famous uncle today.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So leyn nin Chat Show This Week in America, Jimmy Kimmel had the actress on Cate Blanchet Boche and she was talking about her uncle, Jimmy, I don't think anyone knew about this. You're a bombs fan. He used to play for the Bombers back in the day. It's a little bit in VFL And she was also talking about how in Tasmania they're really tough.
Speaker 8: My cousin played in Tasmania where they it's so hardcore that they play on gravel.
Speaker 1: Is that true? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So, I mean the Super Bowls, like, you know, they take a few hits, but you've got to Tasmania.
Speaker 1: And they play real gravel.
Speaker 2: Do we want to know?
Speaker 3: Does anyone know anything about this? In a country that's beautiful, in lush, why.
Speaker 4: Would they choose we call bas on it. It sounds like the kind of thing Australians tell Americans about drop beers that has just been told. This will be funny, decay, just a.
Speaker 3: Play pig with the Americans. They all think, give us of crazy HIGs out there in that country. Dame's on the line, You've got a bit more information about this, Dave, good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: Here we go I'm good.
Speaker 3: Dave, So what can you tell us a moment? Gravel as ovals in tazzy, So it's not.
Speaker 10: It's only one, so it's crue. It's actually on the west coast in a place called Coins Town. Gravel that's gravel. So could it used to be a tin mine town, right, destroyed all the vegetation from all the lead shaps coming down from the tin when they're doing the ten morning so the whole town, Like when you actually go there, I don't know if you ever heard of it, but you come down a series of ninety nine mends to get to the town at the bottom of a hill.
Speaker 2: And there's an oval that is gravel grass rock.
Speaker 10: So the other teams a lot with that marks hence the roys and we've got some good AFL places.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you're the other team and you look at your fixture and you're like, should we do that?
Speaker 2: Exactly the trip with the.
Speaker 4: Ninety nine bends in the road to that cross rock oval, Now.
Speaker 10: That's going to play.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, Dave, Thank you very picks out the weeds, Oh, I need you pick out the weeds. Yeah, that's not the problem. Good only Dave, Thank you very much for cool. All right, that's now cross to the Chapel of Love where Rio is. This is where we're going to be in half an hour's time, when we'll be witnessing the union of Aaron and Laura wedding that we're trying to throw together in three days.
Speaker 2: Rio, are you out there? What's it looking like?
Speaker 7: I'm here in the Chapel of Love, Christian.
Speaker 4: Everyone is in place.
Speaker 11: We've got Janette the cellist, We've got Amanda the opera singer. And the Godfather is lingering over you.
Speaker 7: Aaron.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he's saying.
Speaker 3: There is that kind the Godfather right has got a hell of a presence, intimidating.
Speaker 4: I'm very scared, o Rio. I tried to introduce myself. I said, Hi, I'm Jack. He didn't say anything, and he says, what's your name?
Speaker 2: All right? So can we hear a bit of the cello? Yes we will, Janette, could we hear a bit of a cello?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 2: Right now? Single chairs going down the cheek of the Godfather very she knows it's not funeral.
Speaker 3: It because the Godfather's day had somebody whacked. It sounds like if there's no opening casket here. Okay, we can't, Hey, Rio, yes, you're gonna have to ask her. She does request.
Speaker 2: We can't because of the bride walking down to that somber Rio.
Speaker 4: This sounds like if Tim Burton was directing a nightmare before wedding. What are you thinking?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Call me maybe again?
Speaker 2: It's a good time you hear a bit of the wedding march.
Speaker 4: Jeanette, do you mind if we hear a bit of the wedding march.
Speaker 2: That Janette talks through her instrument.
Speaker 4: She's just getting it up on her iPad, Parrot.
Speaker 3: This is this is this is a banger on the now.
Speaker 2: Old wedding.
Speaker 3: Beautiful maybe ship it was above note there. That is going to sound amazing. Now is Amanda there, the opera singer and.
Speaker 4: Man is here. She's ready to go.
Speaker 3: Let's say a bit of Amanda is an opera singer, a vic opera who said generally come forward to.
Speaker 12: Blink of after.
Speaker 2: Whish. Most probably recognize her. It's Mondo rock this. This is going to be amazing. I'm so excited. I know, Alan Laura Amanda. That sounds absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack and I are now in position where in about twenty minutes time a wedding is going to occur.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it's actually come to this.
Speaker 3: From when we're talking about that Tuesday, would anyone just actually getting married at the end of the week, just.
Speaker 2: Getting it done forget about all the amount of money.
Speaker 3: If you've been together a while, you know you're really good on your commitment and making a new life together. And we spoke to so many of you. Went with a lovely couple called Aaron and Laura, good people from Geelong. Aaron is here, his mum's already been in tears. I think that's the animals that really I am regretting. Now there's a swing over there as well, with the Godfather's having a quiet moment.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna be all right? It looks amazing.
Speaker 4: It actually does. It's a testament to people who listen to this show. Rather than a pad on the celf for the pad on the back for ourselves for doing this job. There's a beautiful white carpet for the bride to walk down. There's foels on the roof, on the walls, candles, a great big golden arch for them to stand in front of. A love swing for photos afterwards, a giant cake. It's actually it actually looks like a proper wedding venue in here.
Speaker 2: Married at first sight. Don't have anything on this.
Speaker 3: By the way, the carpet needs to come up. Why's that the bride's what about tripping over on it? We can't have falling over today.
Speaker 4: It's actually the centerpiece of the venue.
Speaker 2: I know. But what the bride wants, the bride gets. We all know this. Now. Where are the animals.
Speaker 4: Well, we've told them to stay in the other end because they're so noisy.
Speaker 3: No no, I think they're going to bring the bird out. If they're so noisy. We need to hear what they're going to be like in twenty minutes time. What the plan is is that Romulus, a cockatoo, is supposed to fly down over this white carpet with the rings.
Speaker 2: That's the plan.
Speaker 4: So I just don't see it. I mean, he's hardly got any room to move. There's florals and vines draped from the set.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me just ask the guests that assembled here by a show of hands to just say yes, who wants to see the bird fly this morning?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: An overwhelming majority Jack. We want to see Romulus fly, but.
Speaker 4: Who actually thinks the bird will fly this morning?
Speaker 2: Yes, come on, hi, Romulus, I believe you can fly.
Speaker 3: Romulus all right, So this really has been put together in the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: Here's what's happened so far.
Speaker 10: Aaron and Laura.
Speaker 2: We're going to marry you guys this Friday. I said yesterday, could we get a love swing.
Speaker 7: We've got a love swing, a beautiful head.
Speaker 2: We were hoping to have an animal. Bring the ring down the aisle. Romulus will be there.
Speaker 7: She looks amazing. It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 11: A big red cal black cockatoo.
Speaker 2: We will have the krock and bush.
Speaker 10: Our family will be making you your crock and bush. It's going to be ninety two balls a meter high. Haughing off for you at Saltwater Crocodile, wombats, sugar glatis, snakes and birds.
Speaker 6: We have a.
Speaker 3: Celebrant, Stephanie Carr will be presiding over the big day.
Speaker 4: Thank you to David for providing the suit.
Speaker 3: I'm a cella.
Speaker 7: I've actually played for Andre Bikelli and Delta, Budram and Pavarotti.
Speaker 2: Shane could he help us out?
Speaker 10: What have you got I've got a cross for a three hundred cent It's a Cinderella carried.
Speaker 2: This is love live music.
Speaker 6: TI guys self afraid of.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 2: Know you just have Toway. Remember we're talking about an opera singer.
Speaker 4: Yes, how listen to.
Speaker 11: Hi everyone, it's Aaron and Laura here.
Speaker 5: We're super excited.
Speaker 4: You can't believe how quickly it's all come together.
Speaker 11: Everyone's done such a fantastic job and the kids are really looking.
Speaker 2: Forward to all the animals. Amelia, what are you most excited about? I love?
Speaker 10: What about you?
Speaker 11: You want to be again?
Speaker 2: Patrick?
Speaker 10: What about you?
Speaker 2: What do you want to be in the Wedding's nasty dude.
Speaker 1: It's the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: God on a four point three.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show is ten to eight Friday morning, ten minutes away from a wedding that'll start this week. We didn't even know we were going to be doing this idea. And now to look around us in the radio station that does not look like a radio station right now. It has completely been redone as a chapel of love. The other thing is, haven't been to weddings? When you turn up into a wedding. Everyone starts whispering. Have you noticed everyone is whispering this morning? And there's no reason.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of respect, I think for the patient.
Speaker 2: There is a womb man here. You always see this at a wedding, don't you know?
Speaker 3: Maps always do it. There is a wombat and I could see it's a male one as well. Nice to see that this time in the morning.
Speaker 2: And is this your wombat?
Speaker 3: No, not mine?
Speaker 2: This is And I don't know what you're looking at because it's definitely old boy, it's not. Oh sorry, it's just the angle I was with the light coming in. It's a beautiful thing. Can we make sure that the Genitalia maybe just during the service, is pointing south?
Speaker 3: If this is north, that's it, just to that's it, just so we don't alarmed. Viewers who watched the video of the weekend? Are you Chris and Funky Farm?
Speaker 2: Indeed Christian?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Seeing this is like a budget Keith Urban's coming. This is amazing, so budget. What is this you've got here? What is this little animal here?
Speaker 11: Is that this is another native species to Australia called the sugar glider.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: And again this is what you always get at any weddy, Well we ticket all the boxes, aren't we chat?
Speaker 4: Another thing? You say, how often in the wedding? Is Christia right now? And stood between the groom and the ring bearing cockatoo named Romulus. First, I'll ask Aaron, how are you feeling? This is the first time I speak a porch for Aaron. This is the guy who's about to get married in ten minutes time.
Speaker 2: He looks. You look so smart. It's like Frank Sinacher at the sands. Thank you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's exciting to be here. And yeah, it's all come together great, so thank you.
Speaker 3: Can you believe I mean, on Monday we won't even talking about this, and now in ten minutes time you're about to actually get married with your kids here, your family.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's been a been a pretty hectic week, but yeah, hopefully it all comes together well. And yeah, everyone has fun.
Speaker 2: Be honest with it. Did you and Laura in the last couple of days have I been moment like why the hell did we call him for this?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 11: There was points where he thought it's gotten out of control, But yeah, I just enjoy.
Speaker 3: The ride, just like you were looking at the wombat as you said that. I told you it needs to move the genitals away please with the camera and.
Speaker 4: Then the cockatoo Romulus.
Speaker 3: The idea is that, by the way, can you just hear that shallow that's Janet Angels, I believe Robbie Williams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, beautiful Romulus will fly down. He's got a I'm with Lauren actually, who's the handler of Romulus. Is the thing around his neck something to carry the ring?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: We think we'll attach the ribbon here to the back of his harness, and we'll attempt to keep the rings there without him pulling them off because at the moment he's undoing the ribbon, all right.
Speaker 4: And when he first came in he was actually quite noisy, and I felt like he didn't want to be here. But he's a lot chilled, more chill now.
Speaker 12: He was just arriving for the party. He was just wanted everyone to know he was here. And now he's eating the microphone.
Speaker 3: So will he Do you think he will fly down with the rings around his dead because if he does, it will be amazed and come down.
Speaker 12: Potentially, if I could have someone because he loves me, and if a male could stand in with their arm out. I could try to shoot him down to arrive and land on their arm.
Speaker 3: So Christian, if you stand at the top of the law and he loves men, so come on, put him a makeup on, make it look nice, and do what you need to do.
Speaker 12: So I'm going to stand at the top of the our use attempt it or try and shoot him down to you, she does.
Speaker 4: What shoot me?
Speaker 2: You just he showed him the gun you don't use.
Speaker 4: I'm repositioning where Aaron and Laurel will bay, where the couple was going to be. Yes, okay, I'm being instructed to put my arm out this way.
Speaker 2: Hey, Janney, you might want to go back to that funeral song now just in case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I currently have Romulus the cockatoo on my arm, so.
Speaker 2: He's getting used to that. Well, he's going to land.
Speaker 12: Yeah, try and set him his mark.
Speaker 4: Can you keep your arm out all right?
Speaker 2: If we could have Janet, if we could just thank you, just freeze the obo for a minute, a little bit closer to.
Speaker 3: Flowers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, roulus, Yes, Jack Shaws, It's all coming together, guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, lets just try that one more time. Should that wasn't the fluke?
Speaker 4: Well, should he try right down the end of the aisle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's go right to where he's going to be.
Speaker 4: No too far, okay, okay, hopefully he doesn't bring down also Christian. You know, I looked out last night in Greek Roman mythology Romulus and Remus. Romulus actually killed his own twin brother, so he's violent and evil.
Speaker 2: Call him evil?
Speaker 4: Okay, I think yes, yes, the harness is still on him.
Speaker 2: A right, Jack's ready, let's go.
Speaker 9: Romulus almost on the top of Jack's curry knots. It's two out of two, all right, He's good to go. And then Lauren, how do we then get the rings of Romulus? Will you come up to the front here to do that bit for us?
Speaker 12: I can, but if someone's game enough, like they can more than what they can, come over here and just undue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I don't think that. When he's on me, I don't think I should know. He's staring at me, just.
Speaker 13: Going to be grabbing.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, and.
Speaker 4: I'm doing it that way. But you may have to duck Jack. Okay, okay, I think we're ready to go.
Speaker 2: I have you seen how Aaron is looking at us right now? Daggers Daggers. What was it you're saying.
Speaker 3: About things getting out of control? Aaron, You're only going to be a foot from the seam all the way. Okay, this is all fine. I'm very happy I told you move that one one Janitors. By the way, how about some live music right now? All right, So we've got an opera singer from vic Opera, Amanda, who's going to be singing in the next half an hour as part of this. But right now I'm with the godfather who discovered us yesterday. Godfather, thank you very much for coming in. This is Malabello beautiful surnay.
Speaker 6: Well the actual name, thank you for being on for letting me be on the show. The actual name is Donaldbelo Sigondo, but you can.
Speaker 2: Call me god Father. Thank you very much, Godfather.
Speaker 4: I just want to I just.
Speaker 6: Got something from the family to show I appreciation for for me being on the show today.
Speaker 3: So this is from the family. Think, thank you very much. She's done that with some fake money. Here for a little bit of comedy for the one back. Roman is like that one too lovely? Okay, So are you happy to do with some music? Our first live music this morning. We've had to Janet the cello. What are you going to sing for us today?
Speaker 6: Well, the Italian national anthem.
Speaker 2: That's a more lovely okay. If you hold my microphone and you sing us into the at here, if you go.
Speaker 6: When the moon hits your eye like a bigger beat, supply that some more, that some more, when the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine, that some moriy hey wells whore ringing when they sing beet tabella hard to play ti BDBD like a gator, when as making you through just like a busta through.
Speaker 2: That's some hard eight different songs.
Speaker 6: When you dance down the street with a cloud at each feed, you're in love.
Speaker 2: You're in love when you walk in a dream and you know you're not.
Speaker 6: Dreaming seeing you going for the big nights scores on me, but you see back in old nupply, that's.
Speaker 4: Some mony.
Speaker 1: Everywhy coach of the Adds, Joke, coach of the ads, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm in a part of this fine radio station.
Speaker 3: Normally you've got very dejected salespeople enjoying one minute noodles.
Speaker 2: Not today, this has been transformed.
Speaker 3: Flowers are everywhere there's a seat, there's a love suite over there, which is its great the initials of Aaron and Laura, who are about to get married in front of our eyes, our ears, and our hearts as well right now on Gold one oh four point three on Tuesday. They were innocently going about their lives when they heard me just wondering, is there anyone listening on Vantine's Day who this Friday just fancies getting it done and getting married.
Speaker 2: A lot of you called in.
Speaker 3: We loved on Aaron and Laura, which is why it's going to be their ceremony that we're about to be witness too. Now, normally when you're getting married, it's all about potential.
Speaker 2: You don't know. You hope it's all going to work out.
Speaker 3: You hope you're going to say true to those vows, those commitments to each other, that you are going to build a life together and carry each other sometimes to the tough times and the good times as well. But this we know, this couple, Aarn and Laura have already started to build something. And I've seen some of them, and they've got these gorgeous kids who are going to be part of this as well. So they've already shown each other that they are in this for the long run. So today really it's about starting again together as a married couple, and I can't wait to get this started. So it looks pensive, it looks excited. The big day has finally come. Jack is in position the other side of the door because actually the moment, obviously bride and groom don't see each other. So Jack, are you in position with the other side of the door. When you open it, obviously the bride Laura will walk down this beautiful white carpet aisle.
Speaker 4: Jackie there, Christian, I'm behind the reception area of the radio station where we keep the printer paper and the bubble wrap by the pigeonholes, and on the door into the room where you are. Nothing says romance like an laminated a four sign that says Christian O'Connell's Chapel of Love.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so classy.
Speaker 4: Now I'm with the bride. Are we allowed to hear from the bride? I know you're not meant to see the bride on the wedding day before the groom's don't.
Speaker 2: We just have a yes for one grunt and a two grunts for no.
Speaker 4: You want the bride to grunty. I can speak to the far How about that I speak to the father of John. How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I'm all right, I'm doing really well. Orders okay, everybody thinks this is fantasty. All right, I'm going to ask everyone to do now, if everyone could please stand up, the bride is about to come down the aisle. Jack, do you think they're ready?
Speaker 4: The bride is ready. She's given the father of the bride the thumbs up.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm just going to take my position as well. Excuse me, how you feel?
Speaker 4: Oh, she says she's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Let me just have a quick chat with Aaron. Here, Aaron, how are you doing? Fantastic? Do you want to say? Janet? Play the cello? Janet, play the cello. Please hit it, Janet, get that baby fired up? Two? Three? All right, Jack, open the door.
Speaker 4: I'm opening the door of Love to the chapel. It will be the first eyes that Haaren has on his beautiful bride. As Laura makes her way into the Chapel of Love.
Speaker 3: Loo can absolutely stunning. Dad John's coming along as well. Have a very colorful shirt full of cocktails, perfect for today. The two lovers, lock eyes, filled the chemistry. I feel like I don't belong here, but we are here to be witness Aaron.
Speaker 2: Doesn't she look amazing? Yeah she does. Yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to step forward to and take your position. I'm going to now throw over to the celibrent. Today we are going to be looks after by the wonderful Stephanie Clark.
Speaker 13: Steph after you, Thanks Christian on behalf of Aaron and Laura. I'd like to welcome you all here on this momentous occasion as we witness and celebrate their love for each other. I'm Stephanie Clark and it's my pleasure to be conducting this ceremony for you all. The uniting of two people to establish a new family is an important and memorable event, and that is why we have Aaron and Laura's children, Amelia Eiler and Patrick here to witness their mum and dad's nuptials. Our couple standing in front of you have made a commitment to each other. They have chosen to live and build a life together, and we're here today to recognize and witness that decision. Laura and Aaron, your vows are your personal promises to each other. These promises are beautiful words, representing even more beautiful intentions. May you always take comfort and security from these words. Aaron and Laura have written some vows which they will now exchange.
Speaker 11: Laura, from the moment I first met you, you had a massive effect on me. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, and you were all I could think about. Since then, We've had so much fun and so many laughs together over the last ten years, way more fun than any Geelong and Callingwood supporters should be allowed to have together. These days, I'm still not sleeping very well like in the beginning, but for three other perfect reasons. Standing here with us today, Every day spent with you and these three cheeky monkeys is a blessing, and I'm so thankful for everything we have together together. We are perfect fit to compliment each other and can get through anything. I'll look forward to many more years together and taking on all the adventures that our lives have ahead of us.
Speaker 3: When we come back, it's still commercial radio and we have to play the hits. When we come back, We're going to find out what Laura is going to say. This is Elton John.
Speaker 2: I want to kiss the bride on gold. Stay with us.
Speaker 3: Laura's vows coming up next, and then we'll find out will Romulus the cockatoo fly down the aisle with the rings?
Speaker 1: The Christian O Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: At our radio station. We are in the Chapel of love. We've turned this hum drum meeting room really at the station into a chapel of love. It is a gorgeous sunny day today Melbourne, and the sun is in our hearts right now as we're about to go and hear the bride's vows, Aaron's done his and they were beautiful and then bearing the rings a huge This is a bit, it's more like an eagle romulus of cockatoo. Well, hopefully if it all goes well, we practice it twice two out two, will it be three? It doesn't want to if it goes wrong, because only Jack's ears and face that will be damaged. Ah, we're going to find that in about a minute time. But before that, let's go back to the loving couple who are about to be married together and let's find out Laura's vows.
Speaker 14: Laura, off to you, Azibo Dazzy, I love you just a little bit I love that you'll watch all the chick flicks. I love that you always offer to make a cup of tea even when you're not having one. I love your naivete especially to Lamb's fry. I love that you wore the Collingwood jumper when you lost the bet. I love that we have three beautiful children together. I love your corny dad jokes even when the kids don't. I love that you learn all the words to let it go. I love that you've taught the kids all the important things, like how to play chess you know, and Mario Kart. I love all the adventures we've had and so excited for the ones to come. I love your plans, no matter how crazy they are, and I promise I will continue to go along with those crazy plans hand in hand. I love you, and I always will. You'll always be my night with a shiny dog bowl.
Speaker 3: In our little chapel. Here we did is beautiful. What a great loving couple you are as well. You can see that mum's shedding a tear there as well. And I know watching online right now is Aaron is your mum?
Speaker 2: And dad?
Speaker 3: Do you want to sell he to Mam and Dad? They're actually watching on zoom right now. Positions on a chair in front of the wan bat.
Speaker 11: Dad looks like he's a bit frozen in time there. But hello, Mum and Dad, Tony and Colleen.
Speaker 3: Reeg all right, Jack, if you could take position. We're going to need to do the rings in a minute. No, not yet, it's definitely not yet. When do we do that? Remind me?
Speaker 2: You have me know, you get back to me about that. It's so excited, Robin. Let's get ready.
Speaker 13: Laura, if you can please stand facing hands Aaron. Do you promise to love Laura unconditionally and without reservation, and to stand with her through the good times and the bad?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 7: Laura?
Speaker 13: Do you promise to love Aaron unconditionally and without reserve, and to stand with him through the good times and the bad.
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 13: Now, I'd like to ask Jack to get into place.
Speaker 4: And I'm positioning myself in front of the couple to be wed, looking down the aisle at a black cockatoo. Yes, Romulus, come at me, boy, Romulus fly fly, Romulus.
Speaker 2: Fly, you could do this.
Speaker 3: Come on, No, he's flying landed on the father on the ride. We do have the so John, stay very still John is father of the ride. You're okay with wild birds?
Speaker 2: John? All right?
Speaker 4: So Lauren, there at least the rings still got down there.
Speaker 3: The rings have moved forward, Robins, She's done an amazing job round the balls there for Robin A seven.
Speaker 2: One incredible beat work.
Speaker 3: Now he's been placed atop Jack's arm. The rings are safely here at the front here, and.
Speaker 4: I will give the rings now to the couple. Wait, what should Steph? Should I give them to you or the couple? To the couple, It's good to.
Speaker 2: Check this thing.
Speaker 3: I think he was given them. Match to romulus for a moment there, Let's could take a while.
Speaker 4: Where should I stand? I don't know where to go?
Speaker 2: Just stay there, sit down, Sit down like that with that bird outstretched on your arm.
Speaker 13: These rings represent the commitment and promises you have made today and are a symbol of your never ending love. May they always remind you of each other, where you've been together and where you're going. Aaron, please place the ring on Laura's finger and repeat after me.
Speaker 2: This ring is a token of my love for you. I'm yours today and forever.
Speaker 13: Laura, please place the ring on Aaron's finger and repeat after me.
Speaker 14: This is a token of my love for you.
Speaker 13: I am yours today and forever.
Speaker 14: I am yours today and forever.
Speaker 13: Laura and Aaron. This is not the beginning for you both as a couple, but a celebration of the next chapter of your lives together. The years will come and go, so make sure you laugh often and continue to bring each other endless joy. We've all gathered here to share in your happiness and witness your declaration of love for each other publicly. You've exchanged your vows and sealed these vows by the giving and receiving of rings. It is therefore with great pleasure that I now pronounce you as mister and Missus Reed, Miss missus Reeds.
Speaker 3: What a beautiful married and flexible eyes and a here, Romina's still safe, the great birds of you and Jack's shoulder.
Speaker 2: They're well done. Jack kids, A very excited moment. Can you believe Mammadada married? Now? It's emotional for everybody. Okay, and romin us as well.
Speaker 4: He's very very he's just trying to feel the solid Another.
Speaker 3: Round of clause for our beautiful couple today, Now a married couple.
Speaker 2: Mister and missus Reed.
Speaker 3: Now we've already been blessed with some beautiful live music this morning. We now have from the VIC Opera gonna do a very special Phil Collins song in an operatic style for us. Amanda Wichard over to you and thank you very much for doing this.
Speaker 8: My mamas said, you can't hurry love, No, you'll just have to wait.
Speaker 2: She said, Love, don't come me easy, for it's.
Speaker 4: A time of give and take. You can't hurry love.
Speaker 5: No, You'll just have to wait.
Speaker 8: Just trust in the good times, no matter how long it takes breath.
Speaker 2: Why does this happen?
Speaker 3: There is an amazing crock and Boosh ninety two ball cake as well, which you can cutting to in a minute.
Speaker 2: We're back in it.
Speaker 3: But I just want to thank everyone for making Aaron Laura's day so special. We really couldn't do this without you, guys, over the last couple of days, three days ago on Shoesday.
Speaker 2: This is just an idea.
Speaker 3: Everything that's here right now has happened has come from the generosit, the people in this room and.
Speaker 2: Our lovely listeners.
Speaker 3: So time and time again, whenever we try and reach and try and do something different, we couldn't do it without you, guys, so it isn't really Jack and ipun this off. It's actually you guys and the love in this room and hopefully around Melbourne right now for mister and missus Reed our lovely couple there and their beautiful family as well.
Speaker 2: We wish you all the west on the rest of your journey as well. We're back in a couple of moments.
Speaker 1: Thank you Rominez The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So our beautiful couple are now married. We managed to do it with your help, Aaron and Laura. It is about to cut into the wedding cake and ninety two more Krakenbush, Christian. I love the celebration of love between Aaron and Laura this morning. Great celebrant as well in Joe She Sounds Lovely is Stephanie single that comes from Blake playing the part of the creepy uncle you often.
Speaker 2: Get at the wedding.
Speaker 4: Chris is always one, There is always one.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be a video? Yes, you're going to watch it very very soon.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: One thing a lot of you pointed out that we didn't do, is we forgotten all the excitement of Romulus a bird flying through the station with wedding rings around his neck. Didn't actually say the most the big main event of the wedding is always you may kiss the bride.
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 3: Who's crime, by the ways, is that producer tom It's almost over, Tommy, It's almost over, Tommy.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: There's just a lot of emotions down here, obviously at the end of a wedding, and when you have to pause for air breaks and songs, it makes sense that young ones get tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they do, they do. Okay, okay, this is a lovely place for those The mam and daddy kiss each other. You may kiss the kiss the bride.
Speaker 4: Okay, steph over to you to do the part that we missed, and then a big round of appause that Jane.
Speaker 2: Jack, can you move away from the screaming child? Mose smartly away? Probably Jack, I'm.
Speaker 13: On, maarn you might now kiss your bride.
Speaker 2: Oh it's kissing on the radio.
Speaker 3: Could have done with some words there, Jack, hit the road, Jack, lovely, Okay, stay out there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We'll now have left the Chapel of Love crying kids, you know, so probably it's a prober wedding now, isn't it the crying kids at the reception.
Speaker 2: I haven't had enough sugar or too much sugar, whichever way it is.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think that went okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she was on the upset so people know and not worried about it. Illow, the young four year old was on the upset because there was a sugar glider as well as the one bat in the audience. She wanted to hold the sugar glider, she was told by her parents not till after the ceremony.
Speaker 3: I thought they're a lovely color as well, and they're family there as well. I know it was like something we did is that of curiosity on Tuesday, but I you know, I was wondering who.
Speaker 2: Would cry there, you know, whether it be the mom or the dad. No, it's our producer, Kaitlyn holding a microphone, tears running down her eyes.
Speaker 3: Right into why they're doing their foul staring at them crying. It's someone that she's only met today.
Speaker 4: They would they would try.
Speaker 3: I think they were like, what's up with his staff? It's strange bunch here the warm but may very very well as well. I have to say, all right, so this heat wave, by the way, oh my god, I haven't totally the chaos I've had going on at home right now?
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 3: So our air con decided to break yesterday? Okay, this is when aircon break. Okay, air con broke yesterday. And I said to mindfelll we're trying to get somebody out. I've forgotten today. It's her mum, my mother in law. It's her birthday party. She's seventy ninety your place, at our place. There are tears, you know that wailing we had, that's right now in Hampton. There are there are tears. There are tears right now, there are tears. If there's anyone who can come around today to have a look at this air con and I'll can for freebie, I'll.
Speaker 2: Pay whatever you demand, because somehow this is my fault.
Speaker 4: I'm not an I'm not.
Speaker 2: An a air con engineer.
Speaker 4: Bring them to the Chapel of Love. It's all dressed.
Speaker 3: I know that the air con of there's radio stations on the blinkers. Well, we seeing those great big funnels and tunes everywhere.
Speaker 4: And the tubes are meant it like an air con. The tube is meant to go outside, So push the hot outside. It's just going back into the beuch.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that's the way I look.
Speaker 3: But anyway, if there is any air conditioning engineers that can come around today and save this and she's got a lot, there are fifteen old ditties coming around today, right. They can't be out in no aircorn.
Speaker 2: No they're not.
Speaker 3: They've got dogs as well, those two old people and dogs. They can't be in hot buildings. So if there is any air cone engineers that can save my mother and laws and my weekend, please call me.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells show Podcasts.
Speaker 3: The Search of the aircon engine I forgot to do the time waste all right, so time wasted. They it's a national do it yourself day, fah nash.
Speaker 2: Will do it yourself day. We're looking for your d I Y movies, So d I Y movies. The w D forty year old Vergion.
Speaker 15: Oh that's a gold so Elmo's Pyres silver do walk drill bill, So confused as out like that's it's funny.
Speaker 2: It's got words. We're not funny with us. Don't give air con guys at home.
Speaker 3: The Wolf of Wallpaper gold and decade Ralph silver plus all right, jacket, Well, what have you got di Y movies.
Speaker 4: We built a zoo.
Speaker 2: Oh that is good. Gold when Harry.
Speaker 4: Met Sally's No More Gabs, Yeah, that's actually gold. And Weekend Warrior of Bernie's. The Weekend Warrior is it's someone who you know goes the Bunnings of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Jokes don't have explanations.
Speaker 3: I keep telling you that the trades that will be hitting right now, Sites of Melbourne.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show, Podcast.
Speaker 2: Time Now for today's time waster de Y movies. Are you ready to mark? Let's do it Cool Bunnings, Yeah, Silver Puss, Debbie does DIY Gold, The Never Ending Ikea Shelves.
Speaker 4: That was me over summer four days honestly to build, Wardrobes.
Speaker 2: Gold Standing, Miss Daisy.
Speaker 1: Gold.
Speaker 3: That's Mark well done. Edward Screwdriver Hands Silver, The saw Plank Redemption Silver.
Speaker 2: Life of di Y Bronze.
Speaker 3: I thought that was good at the Working b Movie Bronze, Building My Home Alone, Silver Puss, Edward now Gun Hands Gold, Trading Places Gold.
Speaker 2: It feels like we should do a feature called Trading Basis.
Speaker 3: Twelve Handy Men Silver, Weekend of Bunnings, Silver Assembling, Miss Daisy Gold, Dude, wears my glue gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, silver plus ten things I hear about Bunnings.
Speaker 3: Silver, Blackpacking, Miss Daisy Gold, the groud father Gold, mighty ten things I hate her.
Speaker 2: Ah right, well done for all those.
Speaker 3: So before we head out today, we have so many people to say thank you to. All these people you're about to hear us thank and give a plug to. There's no wedding today without them. It doesn't look as amazing. When you see the photos, you see the video, you'll be stunned at what people have done, all coming together like whenever we ask you have you all get around whatever we're trying to do and make this day so special for Aaron and Laura. A lot of these people they're not part of big companies, no small business. It's people who've got other things going on. It's a side hustle. They'd like to become their main hassle, hustle or house.
Speaker 4: That's my job.
Speaker 2: That's about my work, okay.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The celebrant, the Melbourne Celebrant dot com dot au Steph Clark was amazing. It was brilliant hire her. She did a great job right. She was the right in the eye of the storm and was so calm.
Speaker 2: Very very good.
Speaker 3: Jackie boy, where did Aaron looks amazing? He did seriously live so Eric cool.
Speaker 4: Any Son slash best Man were dressed by David at Trevor West Formal Hire.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much David for Steven forward the Krock and Boose, I asked her Crock and Boose the other day we got an amazing one they're tucking into right now. If you've ever had Krock and Boost the Holy Girl for this is a ninety two baller and go and ask it to the French letters. A Melbourne patisseriy institutional stores in Carlton and Richmond shopping store or.
Speaker 2: Online now they transformed a h Hundrum.
Speaker 3: Meeting room in a radio station. You've got this in every single office. It's where we go at lunchtime and silently munch our one minute noodles.
Speaker 4: Yes, we actually said it'd be good to have some flowers there. And then what Kevin and the team at Melbourne Event Florales did was actually amazing. It wasn't just the flowers, it was the love swing. It was the shears on the as the curtains.
Speaker 2: I never even know what a she was.
Speaker 4: They did an absolutely fantastic job. Melbourne Event Floral's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kevin's team, thank you so much. Honestly, it made when the couple saw it. I'm sure when they were coming in this morning they were like, is this going to work? We've given it to a couple of clowns and you guys changed everything. So I cannot recommend them enough. Melbourne Event Flores. If they can transform a who drum meeting room there do wonder for you guys. The rings from Meghan Webb Julia, thank you very much for your generosity.
Speaker 4: Thank you to Chris from Funky Farm for bringing in the animals, the wombat, the sugar Glider.
Speaker 3: Also one of the stars of the day, Romunus on Jack's shoulder. Thank you very much. If you want to hire Romunus to Cockatoo pause on film. Lauren is his agent.
Speaker 4: The bouquet was provided by Harper and Grace Floral Design and Events. Thank you to Phoebe from Harper and Grace.
Speaker 2: Janet, she's jammed with Pavarotti.
Speaker 3: Butler was on the cello did an amazing job as well as do We're going to hear from a minute she's going to sing us out the opera singer Amanda Windred. You can check her out. She's currently playing Vava in Cherry a Mooshkif at the Vic Opera. I'm going on the twenty second, the twenty third, the twenty fourth and the twenty fifth front row tickets.
Speaker 4: Lizzie Jacobs took all the photos for the couple today. She is starting out her business. She is such a great vibe.
Speaker 2: She was great with the kids as well.
Speaker 3: When the kids started crying when Lizzie Jacobs had gone away, actually sort of carolling everyone together.
Speaker 2: The dress, Who will you be able to dray?
Speaker 3: Sylvia Australian fashion designer Clovia now offer wedding dresses for rent.
Speaker 2: Rent cost so much.
Speaker 3: The wedding dress rent the latest at Clovia in South Yarra and online. Who did the stunning makeup?
Speaker 4: The stunning makeup was done by Melanie Santos and here was mains by Jen What a great name for it.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much Onjure the team at the Langham Melbourne Celebration destination of the Langa Melbourne and the Langan Club level money falls reopened for I guess staying in the clubrooms and sweet Thank you very much for all the small details. Chack and I have no idea what we're doing personally invited if you want to get lovely little invites and place cards. They looked great, Leslie, all these little details coming together in a couple of days from nowhere, Thank you very very much. How do we end today's show? I think with some more music. When you've got an opera singer, you don't just want one song. I want another song. It sounded so great earlier, So Robots across live back again to the Chapel of Love, and Amanda is going to sing now. She's going to do more of a song in her keeping than Phil Collins this song. However, just realized Time to Say Goodbye is the number one song at funerals.
Speaker 4: But it could be time to say goodbye to theode today, or time to say goodbye to the couple as they go on their honeymoon.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go with that, Jack listeners, it is actually time for us to say goodbye, Amanda. Please, could you sing us out today? After such an emotional day? Lie from the Chapel of Love.
Speaker 2: Time too.
Speaker 1: Good on the.
Speaker 13: Still Conde.
Speaker 4: So Sevy rock.
Speaker 1: For so Beta money, also.
Speaker 2: Still going for that note amazing, Amanda Windsory. This is why she's done. She brought the mother, Amanda. That sounded amazing, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Thank you so much for inviting me today. It was fabulous and it.
Speaker 3: Really will be a funeral this weekend if I don't find that eco engineer please Melbourne nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 2: What a week we've had.
Speaker 4: Every one time I wan want to use well did start on Tuesday show and you really had a vision and you put together a wedding despite what we all thought would happen.
Speaker 3: All Right, I'm gonna make a promise next year. Let's do it next year with ten couples. Okay, times we just need we just need twelve months to recover. Bye bye everyone, Time to say goodbye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast