Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast time now for this week's What the Fact, where we look for your facts and as you share them, we have a listener, we have a think.
Speaker 1: And hopefully they are fascinating or you know.
Speaker 2: Middling, mildly interesting, and if they are the kind of fact where you would never tell another human being because it would kill the conversations stone cold dead. Now we do have some production for this. It's been updated. This is the production for what the Fact?
Speaker 3: That of a Listen, Hey, did you know Australia is wider than the moon?
Speaker 1: What the fact? What the fact? What the fact?
Speaker 4: What about about a good fat fascinating?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: Right, off we go, however, but you Siria has said he's made a brand new one because Jack and I were a little bit alarmed last week by the kind of short play at the beginning of it. We know we're all in theater land, but our former top and Caitlin sort of acting out that little sketch.
Speaker 1: There a little bit of suckiness about it.
Speaker 2: Let's it some altern of production, hopefully with the suck removed.
Speaker 4: What Done Bat is a little love already?
Speaker 1: What Done Bat is a.
Speaker 4: Little segment where well, judge your fact.
Speaker 3: You don't like it, It's got a great energy. Just the lyrics. Are you know you didn't really give it a second pass?
Speaker 1: Batty?
Speaker 5: Oh, I reckon it's good.
Speaker 1: No, I reckon it's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fascinating. All right, just kick off them with some of your facts nine four one four one o four three. Kirsty's got I didn't know this. Did you know that New Zealand has no snakes?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I knew that New Zealand didn't have any animals originally except for birds. You're kidding every every mammal like New Zealand betroduced? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 1: Are you looking at me again?
Speaker 2: Is it the Old England is bringing up their trucks of animals that don't belong in countries?
Speaker 1: Is that right? No animals?
Speaker 3: I'm going to look about resident Kiwi out the window, but I'm pretty sure that's true. Thumbs up? What about the Kiwi bird?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Know this and that's why the Kiwi bird became like a ground moving bird is because there was no mammals. So he thought, oh, I'll do what memos do?
Speaker 1: What does Google say?
Speaker 2: Could you tell me what Google says about New Zealand formerly having no animals.
Speaker 3: Jackie's right, Jack, several million years ago there was no wildlife.
Speaker 1: Really, that's fascinating. All right, Kirsty, thank you very much. And Jack? What about this? Then? Nomes? You know, little garden nomes.
Speaker 2: Gnomes wear different colored hats to represent their place in nomes society.
Speaker 3: No idea.
Speaker 1: What do we think? Is that mildly or fascinating? Oh no, no no.
Speaker 2: Next time you see a nome you think, well, is that the leader? We need to know what the color coding system.
Speaker 3: Is because I don't want to go to a commoner gnome and address him like some kind of royalty.
Speaker 2: Can we find out that during the song or the ass Can we find out what the hat coding is in nome society? Emma's got on average, over the course of our lives, we will spend an entire year sitting on the toilet.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: Sam, Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? So what the fact? What have you got for Sam?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: Do you know the ketch Up song?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, Once you know it, it stays in you.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well that's actually about a guy who actually goes to a nightclub, tries to remember a song, goes up to the DJ to try and remember this song, and he doesn't know the words to it. But it's actually the reference to Light by the sugar Hill Gang.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this that the Last ketchup had an origin story.
Speaker 1: This is so sugar Hill Gang, right, great song.
Speaker 2: So last Ketchup is about what it would running past us again, Sam, A.
Speaker 7: Guy goes to a nightclub and he goes up to the DJ and tries to remember the song that he wants to play. We can't remember.
Speaker 2: It, so he kind of does last ketchup.
Speaker 1: He invents a song.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's true. Interesting.
Speaker 8: I just.
Speaker 2: If it's true, it's interesting. Let's ketch up origin song? Which where we're going?
Speaker 1: Guys? Is it fascinating?
Speaker 7: Mildly interesting?
Speaker 3: Let's give her the benefit of the doubt it is true, in which case it is fascinating.
Speaker 1: How do we verify this?
Speaker 2: Do we now need to contact the people from the artists responsible for Let's catch up? Let's contact them. Fascinating pending. I love it though, Sam, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Uh Ronnie, Ronnie, Hello, hello Ronnie?
Speaker 1: What the fact what have you got for us? Mate?
Speaker 6: Did you know that female capsicum have four bumps on the underside and males only have three?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't know, but I.
Speaker 2: Tell you what that's because now you understand where there are three humps bumps, sorry, and why there are sometimes one of four.
Speaker 6: And the female capsicums are also sweeter tasting. They're better for eating raw, whereas the male ones are better for cooking. And the only difference between green and red capsicums are the red have been on the vine longer and have ripened, right, So red.
Speaker 1: Is the sweetest. Green is the more sour one, the more immature.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 6: Web And just like women, you know, sorry, females are sweeter.
Speaker 3: Okay to remember it is fascinating.
Speaker 1: Hi, thank you very much nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we have more of your facts and also and that you know about nome society and the hack coding.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: What the Fat is a little segment like well Jack, what the facts?
Speaker 1: Way? What the fat? Baby? All right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Four one four one o four three Before the ads, we were talking about one of you who had a fact about garden nomes and their little colored hats. It's the status in the NOME community. Carlie has texted it and Christian. Because I'm on the train with nothing better to do, I've googled it for you. Thank you knowing on the team ad you're hired. Uh No hat code that garden Nome hack code. Red is just a common gnome. Blue, it's an official one. Yellow is for leaders, brown, brown for criminals criminal known crime as they.
Speaker 3: Don't you have to represent all the societys.
Speaker 2: And then if you see one with a white hat, it's a thickie.
Speaker 1: Donce. Carli, thank you very much, Radio. Thanks you for your research there. Thank you, Carly.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Nika here, Come morning, Nika. What's your fact for us.
Speaker 5: Cat allergies calling this conception nobody's actually allergic to katsa. Instead, they're actually allergic to cats alive, which they of course use the groom themselves.
Speaker 1: Interesting, fascinating.
Speaker 3: I know you wanted to do the crickets because you hate cats, but I love cats.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous cat. Is that true? I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's something in the saliva specifically which triggers reactions.
Speaker 3: I think it's more mildly interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh a, Nica.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for calling in, Tony. Good morning, Hello, Hello Tony and Tony.
Speaker 1: What fact have you got for us?
Speaker 5: Well, Christian, you say how big Australia is, Well, if you go around one way and it's two thousand kilometers less than the other way, which.
Speaker 1: Way clockwise or anti clockwase? This is interesting.
Speaker 5: If you went up the east coast, yep, it would be you be on the inside lane.
Speaker 3: On the outside.
Speaker 1: That is fascinating.
Speaker 2: That's a great one, Tony, that's very very good. I love that the inside lane on the outside lane. Yeah, very good, Tony. Thanks for calling him, No worries.
Speaker 5: Have a good day, mate.
Speaker 1: I love that one.
Speaker 2: Sarah, good morning, Good morning, Jane. Go on, Sar, she got an animal fact for us?
Speaker 8: I certainly do. Other than humans, there's only a few animals, including apes, elephants, and dolphins that recognize their reflection.
Speaker 2: Are you sure.
Speaker 1: That they can because there wasn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that they're capable of abstract thinking, because if we can't, I thought there's only humans that do that.
Speaker 8: No, there's Scientists have done tests and they call it the marktest or the mirror test. They basically put the animals to sleep, they mark them with paint or a sticker, and when they come to they give them access to a mirror. And if they start to investigate that mark or pay interest to it, they know that they're aware of their self.
Speaker 1: Elephant's going to go.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, draw, come on, put that swear word on my elephant forehead and lips. That we've spoken about this, it's not funny. You guys have to get my trunk and some more from Wash it Off. Okay, that is fascinating.
Speaker 1: Very good. That's a great one, Sarah, thank you very much for sharing. Christ you know Connell's show podcast