Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for Flexi's Big Question.
Speaker 1: Of the week. Time for Flexies Big Question.
Speaker 3: A couple days ago, I pose the question what keeps you hopeful when everything is falling apart? Because, as we know, the horrors are endless, but we must remain hopeful and faithful that things get better. You all answered great answers. By the way, Let's read off a couple and then on our podcast Free and I will discuss our own answers. Someone says something small and sure, for example, the promise of a nice dinner to convince me to get through the immediate day.
Speaker 1: Small and sure. I'm writing that down.
Speaker 2: Small and short? Oh like short term? No?
Speaker 1: Sure, like scre something small and sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that. I like that.
Speaker 3: Calmer gratitude thinking about my grandparents' courage at my same age, weekends, blind optimism, good teachers to educate on our history, so we never forget a hug from gratitude journaling and this one's really great, not a lot, which I think is fair. We can work on that, not together, on our own and separately, but definitely.
Speaker 2: She included the analog smiley of two dots and a sideway slash. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel that this person says, my stance on issues gives me clarity on people, I'll loose my life, but brings about an alignment.
Speaker 2: It's giving cutting out some toxic people which do your thinging.
Speaker 3: This person says, girl, nothing lots distracts me enough, but queer culture is my savior. That it's for the plot, that it's not forever, that if it redirects my focus and perspective on a hard situation, I can change my outlook and last but not least, for this break the end as in the end of Living a somber note.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you.
Speaker 2: It's actually appropriate.
Speaker 3: It's appropriate because it was there, and I don't want to like glaze over it like you didn't write it, because I pre you're being honest for me. What keeps you hopeful when everything is falling apart?
Speaker 2: Okay, I am going to go with the same answer as the first person, which is a little thing to look forward to. I realize that when I feel really bad, it's literally like, oh my God, Like I've remember when I've been really bad. I've been like, oh my god, Like obviously it's a combination of things, but the biggest thing is that I hadn't had anything to look forward to. Always need one thing to look forward to.
Speaker 1: Small or how does it work for you?
Speaker 2: Mostly it's like, for example, in March next year, I have a trip away with girlfriends and that's keeping me through because I'm like a little thing to live.
Speaker 1: For, and that's a huge thing.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: It's a big thing. Getting getting anything out of the group chat.
Speaker 2: Huge unheard of.
Speaker 1: You can't even go to the movies these days with your friends. You have to go solo.
Speaker 2: It's giving schoolies. And that was, as we know, twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: I love that short and small.
Speaker 3: Whoever wrote that, I'm adding that, I would say, just knowing that people have gone through harder things, and I'm not totally fine. You'll go through the most traumatic things every day. Just even talk to your parents. You're like, what was your life like? And you hear the most cooked stories and you're like, wow, I really sympathize with you.
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: And they're like, oh, it's fine. It was twenty years ago, have no big deal, Oh okay, cool?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think it's like once you go through child both like everything fails in comparison.
Speaker 1: Truly, you've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.