Speaker 1: It's Thursday afternoon, let's.
Speaker 2: Do this askun part is a favorite here at the pickup, and it's a fan favorite.
Speaker 1: Too, I'm told.
Speaker 2: But it's where we answer listeners questions like the deepest, darkest problems. I love this segment like I love in partying my years of wisdom and not how.
Speaker 1: Much wisdom do you have for truckloads?
Speaker 3: I couldn't it? Zero like actual certificates or walls. No psychology like psychology, dere you got some degrees?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: The University of life is where you graduated. I went to a proper university. Anyway, we.
Speaker 2: Do have like a really heartfelt listener that's called up with a bit of a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dev joins us today. I believe you're still in love with your ex?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, tricky situation. So we kind of started dating quite early on, and we dated for four and a half years, so I feel like I'm still quite bonded to her.
Speaker 1: How long have you guys?
Speaker 3: Been broken up?
Speaker 4: For? Two years?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And how can I get your ages?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So where I'm turning twenty one on Saturday? Sunny enough?
Speaker 2: Okay, Can I want to tell you something straight off the bat Yeah, there is nothing and it never will be anything as intense and as strong as your first love. And it sounds like if you're twenty one and you were together for four years that this is probably My guess is it's your first love and.
Speaker 1: It is why far, the hardest thing to get over.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like the worst and best thing to happen to me. I think I did need the breakup to kind of figure stuff out on my own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you guys break up?
Speaker 4: There was never really anything like one incident that kind of tipped. It was a bunch of small stuff that we didn't really deal with in time, and it just added up and eventually it was just like, this isn't working.
Speaker 1: We can't dev Have you spoken to them? Sins?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Are you in no contact? What's the communication?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you still talking?
Speaker 4: Oh? Messy to say the least. So I actually broke no contact with her three weeks ago, like nearly a month ago, and had to go. We started talking. There was obviously like the cat's upsonalities, sake and stuff, and then I kind of realized like, I don't know who this person really is anymore.
Speaker 2: But also on top of that, you were seventeen when you started dating. You were a different person at seventeen to twenty one. You're going to be a different person again at twenty five and a different person at thirty.
Speaker 1: But when you said, like you caught up and she felt different, she probably is different.
Speaker 2: And sometimes that's what you need to find because you, for the last two years have probably probably been hanging on to what you had and who you were as a couple and who she was. And the fact of the matter is you caught up with her again and she's not what you remembered, So maybe that's what you needed the closure.
Speaker 1: To move on.
Speaker 4: I think you're going to be proud of me, because when after I realized that, like, I don't know this person, I kind of wanted to close that door behind me, and so I kind of did it in a roundabout a way, which I might get judged for, but I gave her a gift, and I wanted to put in the effort that I felt like I should have put in throughout the whole relationship and try and kind of make up for my faults. And I guess close it up in like a neat little bow. And so I went really over the top. Will you come on?
Speaker 5: Were you deep down hoping that she's Oh my god, I made a mistake. I want you back. Is that was that why you did the gift?
Speaker 4: No? No, okay, So it sounds really stupid that that wasn't the rationale behind it. It was kind of like I put in one hundred and ten percent into that. If that didn't work, nothing was ever going to work and it would have never worked out. So it's like now it's because.
Speaker 1: On one question, what was the gift?
Speaker 4: Dev Oh, oh, you're gonna hate me. We used to build legos together, so I got her like a set of Lego roses, and then I made roses using ribbon.
Speaker 1: Oh you're breaking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even done, I'm not even done the worst.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't think it can.
Speaker 4: I absolutely can. I got her a pink builder bear and then to match the build a bear, I learned knitting to make the build a bear.
Speaker 1: Dave, I'm sorry, you're lying to yourself. This is not this is not a good bye gift. You're in man. That's that.
Speaker 2: No one, You've gotta you gotta block and delete that number death no more build a bear.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, she's blocked. It's in the past. But in my head, you're gonna You're gonna shoot me for this.
Speaker 1: But Jesus, either more works or or.
Speaker 4: No one else will ever be able to live up to that present.
Speaker 1: You are so proud for your selfish real You're.
Speaker 3: You're not toxic is It's my favorite call I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Damn good luck kick that lego over blocked the number and it's time to move on. But you give that love and lego to someone else good.
Speaker 5: If you need help, like dev need to hit us up in the DMS. That is gold the pickup on Instagram. Next on the show the things you do in your car that you don't do in public. That's the question.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I discovered something, and that is that everyone is pretty disgusting inside their cars.
Speaker 1: And I have a confession to make, all right, That's next on the Pickup