Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Milden's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street. Writchman, this is the Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Avoiding envelopes at at night. Bill, she's back with some new material. It is week three on Pay your bills? How much money have I got now? Is it under thirty thousand?
Speaker 4: He used to got thirty four hundred and forty six dollars eighty eight cents?
Speaker 3: Ten? Your time for me to be paying your bills?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: Everyone, how's your weekend? Jack? How was your weekend?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: It was fantastic. Thank you for taking me to UFC two three four.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I wasn't sure whether you'd like it. I want to go along. I thought you'd be interested. I know you're a sports fan anyway, and I was hoping that when you saw all of it, you'd have a better appreciation for how hard it is. And it's way more technical, and those are athletes that are in the fighting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like many people, I think I've only seen what they what you see on the sports highlights, which is just a savage beating somebody else in the face, and these blood sprais all over the crowd. It's actually when it's in context, it's you start to respect it.
Speaker 3: A lot more.
Speaker 4: I really enjoyed it. It wasn't as confronting as I thought it would be.
Speaker 3: And also the fights we saw yesterday, I was so bummed when I found out, like the thousands that sold out Rod Labor in fourteen minutes to hopefully see the homegrown champion, Robert Whitaker, middleweight Champion of the World defend the belt here pulled out had it was taken into surgery three am Sunday morning with hernia, his conon and his intestine had popped through his stomach wall, and he still thought he'd be okay to fight. What was great is the Dana White they have seen as the head of the UFC. This is a four billion dollar franchise around the world, the Ultimate Fighting Championships. At the post fight conference yesterday, when the reporters were going, you know how bad was the injury to Whisker, could have fought then had surgery afterwards fight Fans that paid a lot of money sold out without forty minutes Dana White goes, because we saw them there. We saw the other side of the cage. We saw Matt Damon and Chris Hemmersworth right, and Dana White goes at the press conference, Well, Matt Damon told me that if he'd have fought with that injury and he took one punch to stomach, he would have died. It's like, you know, he's an actor. He's like the medical advisor. He's not good Will hunting. He's not Jason Moore. Well, I literally got the phone to Jason Bourne.
Speaker 4: But isn't it funny that Thought's.
Speaker 3: Gonna come in a minute and have worth you as well. He's in a double Honey, you're picking up that Hammer's not easy.
Speaker 4: I kind of trust Matt Damon.
Speaker 3: Well, quoting Matt Damon is your main medical source. What about the doctors who device they must rushed him into surgery at three am? But if Matt Damon said it, yeah, honestly, Jason Boying and thor Of weighed in on this and that. So, yeah, we had a great afternoon at UFC two three four yesterday. The incredible thing, as well, perhaps is Jack and I were sat where all the dignitaries and there were like three world champions.
Speaker 4: Oc is like a VIP of the UFC.
Speaker 3: Because I did. I worked for them in the in in England to the TV show for them, so they kind of have to look after them want to go and see the fights. But yeah, we had great seats.
Speaker 4: There, sitting behind some fighters past. We even got on the coverage, the beams TV coverage, like trying to pick our heads through the people that were filming. And I told Bianca that we got on TV and she thought they came to us and then put you know, subtitles up the rest of the world really wants to say, and.
Speaker 3: Then we could have got you into Wikipedia. By the way, By the way, by the way, I've got the photo shopped images right all right, I'll show you them in a minute. We've got the photoshop. I think you'll be on Wikipedia this week Patsy, How was your weekend? Pats Can you believe this? I've done fed fast this weekend?
Speaker 7: No booze, I don't believe you.
Speaker 3: I promise you can all Sarah noboos this weekend. Note didn't drink yesterday. You have seen the afternoon well done, yep, completely clean, all weekend.
Speaker 8: Well, I think I drank for both of you.
Speaker 3: Well, good on you, good on you.
Speaker 4: But Pats he was complaining this morning because he said, now we only got one more weekend to go. And I just looked at the calendar.
Speaker 3: Next week, two weeks I got March.
Speaker 4: Two weekends.
Speaker 3: I got Marster first. It was eight o'clock Saturday. I didn't, well, there's another two more weekends to climb.
Speaker 4: You pretty much ripped the screen out of the across the room.
Speaker 3: I am on a health kick this month, and I should just warn everyone right now that I am on a cleans day today and tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh what does that involved?
Speaker 3: Just juices? Don't really eat it much?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, the los are a long way away from the studio.
Speaker 3: It's not just that. I understand that. Apparently it's quite the first time you do it is quite a lot on people.
Speaker 4: Yankee did reduced cleanse, and she became a different person, a monster of herself.
Speaker 3: Oh that'd be great for the show the next two days. Get ready for a quote, A monster.
Speaker 4: It's so irritable. Less than twenty four hours, she changed her whole personality.
Speaker 3: What I've done it today? For twenty four hours and tomorrow for another twenty four hours Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow's show could be anything tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Not this show. Tomorrow at four o'clock I've got a big meeting with one of the network network heads of one of the channels here. By four o'clock tomorrow, I'm going to be a no no, I'm going to smack. I'm taking DJP I to another network.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So can either of you two tell me about the origins of the showy? And I just friends said to me back in England, why are you going to Australia? There's no culture there? And then I can now send them no, no, no, guys, they've got they've got so much culture. They've got this thing called a showy where they get a shoe the smelliest thing you put on, and they drink from it. Honestly by someone Yell's shoey.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's only in the last ten years to prominence. I don't remember it even in my teenage too.
Speaker 3: It was it an.
Speaker 8: AFL No, it started in F one, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: It was Daniel Ricardo who famous. Why I don't think he started, he brought it to the law.
Speaker 5: You'd got to think, why the shoe, especially if it's a formy one thing. How many hours you crammed in that cockpit of a car, strautch a rocket machine, in those sweaty little booties they wear the manniest thing. And then to drink you could have it out of the drinking out the champagne bottle or glass. Yeah, they're multi millionaires.
Speaker 4: I've done one, have you? Yeah, is kind of disgusting. Yeah, and then you gotta then you gotta really damp shoe afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not just that. When you go to the pub, they'll give you a fresh glass, won't they. You know, then you complain if it's not fresh, it's come out the dishwasher. Why would you want it from your own shoe? It makes no sense to me, the shoey. So there's a couple of USC fighters, the Kiwi boys that were sat where we were sat yesterday, Tuivas and pedro Tyson. They clearly weren't doing fed fast.
Speaker 4: They were they were, they weren't fighting that day, they were on free.
Speaker 3: Time and they were they'd been obviously drinking since early doors yesterday, if not all weekend they're having a great time and they were very funny. But there was a fight in front of them. Who's called Donald the Cowboy Seroni and he's going to be fighting Conor McGregor this summer, so he's about to become an even bigger start. He's been around for years and because he's called Donald the Cowboy Seroni, he lives up to the part. He was in his cowboy hat Tradmont cowboy hat and cowboy boots. So they're yelling at and he sat in front of them, showey, showey, showey, shoey for about half an hour and then he just gives in to shut them.
Speaker 4: He's only less than a meter away, but like, it's not like yelling to somebody at the other end. They're yelling right behind his ear.
Speaker 3: And then he gave in to peer pressure. Not joking right. An Australian fighter, first one on the main card, had just knocked out his opponent Sam Alvi in the first rounds. Big moment. Australian fighter only a second fighter in the UC. Jimmy Croup back me up here, chat. Weren't there more people exciting getting their phones out filming a guy doing a shoey than the guy just won in the cage.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a shoey out of a cowboy boot showy. Man, it was a big shoey.
Speaker 3: There were more people filming that than filming the Australian guy who just knocked out another man in the cage. I think, do you know what we want to have this meeting next tomorrow with the TV boss. I'm going to pitch Shoeyes, the TV show it's me traveling around Australia challenging people to have a shoey.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: That's it. I was listening to your six o'clock news, as always do is, and the story then about a rival being launched to Viagra.
Speaker 4: Yes, out of the UK.
Speaker 8: They've come up with a new pill that works much quicker than the original Viagrad or working just thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: You've got to get that timing right, haven't you? Thirty seconds? But then but then you said the only downside and I guess that's not the right word with someone like arrival to Vagua? The is it? It's how long? Does it last?
Speaker 4: For half an hour?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: So you really you could be. You've got to be ready to go, haven't you. You can't be saying this, you're going upstairs the bedroom. I'll take it now, and then when a moment you're ready, I drop the pail, and you know, the phone goes. I get off the phone. How much? How long left is there? Twenty eight and thirty two. That's a lot of stress, isn't it.
Speaker 4: How long does normal viagra take?
Speaker 3: I don't know what does that take? Come on you and Chris out there wherever you sell them out there, the little Chinese ones, the blueies are readies, and all of them come on.
Speaker 8: Two or three hours, isn't it?
Speaker 4: And then how long does it last?
Speaker 8: That's what I mean, like two or three hours, two or three hours.
Speaker 3: Who needs that? For two or three hours?
Speaker 4: Listeners might know.
Speaker 3: Two or three hours you've got. You're in that state. You can't go and do anything. You can't leave the house.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't want to.
Speaker 3: You can't do anything. You can't go down holes are one of those wandering around the aisles pointing out all the groceries and stuff like that. That's I thought it was a quicker tangle off.
Speaker 4: Than that, because there's nothing. There's no antidote to it. So once you've taken it.
Speaker 3: There is if you listen to Fox seriously within about a couple of minutes that things back down to flaccid state. That's a that's a guarantee.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three case on this day in Mystery coming up in five minutes time before that put up my dad yesterday. So it's in back home now for two weeks after spending three weeks over in Australia's first of a trip to this great southern land. It's missing it immensely. It's very cold back there, minus five at the moment.
Speaker 4: You're back on Skype again. Is he getting any better at the Skype?
Speaker 3: Well, he's getting a little bit better at Skype. He still couldn't work out, so there was no volume. I could see him, so I just rang him. We spoke on the phone whilst looking at each other. It was like a prison visit, you know where they go pick pick up the phone. He was on a phone, I was on a phone. We're looking at each other on sky I was going, Daddy, you've really got to get better at this. But anyway, here's what he's done. For the first time ever, my dad has sent me an email over the weekend, an attachment a PDF. He's never sent one to me before. This is astonishing in itself, but it was a funny article he thought I might like for the radio show. Twenty years I've been in the breakfast radio He's never once chipped in some material. I don't know whether he came out here, heard a show and was like, he needs my help. He sent me what he thinks is a funny article that I would find amusing to talk on the show today.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 3: So I've said to him yesterday when I got your article, I liked it. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. I said, could you do this once a week where you find an article for the newspapers out there and you send it over to me and I'll let you know how it goes down. Okay. So it's the debut of the funny article by my dad today, Okay, on the show The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, This.
Speaker 3: Day, Mystery, on this Day, Welcome to February the eleventh. On this day in mystery this morning, it's me in charge of taking you back in time and trying to ask you about a key moment in history of February the eleventh today, some notable dates for you. Trivia question yep, what's the smallest city in the world?
Speaker 4: City?
Speaker 3: Sorry, smallest country in the world.
Speaker 4: Oh, Vatican City?
Speaker 3: Is that a country? Correct? Did you know that, patsy? Vatican City, an enclave of Rome, is the smallest country in the world. It is entirely independent. There you go. So if you even a pub quiz, they often that one comes up. What is the smallest place in the world? It is the Vatican City anyway, back in nineteen twenty nine was when it's first made an enclave, its own separate enclave of Rome. In nineteen ninety, Nelson Mandela was finally released after twenty seven years falsely imprisoned protesting against a part time Do you remember that was amazing Chris rockbit where he talked about how within two years he got divorced, like he'd done twenty seven years in prison, two years of marriage is like no, now put me back in you'll find online I'm paraphrasing. It's an amazing Chris Rockbit. But the big thing I want to talk about today. When I was haveing a look around yesterday evening all the various things that happened on this day in history, Febuary eleventh, back in time, I couldn't believe it. It was this one of the biggest upsets in sport ever. It literally changed the sport that it happened in forever. It changed from that moment. It was so big. When I found out what had happened, I remember actually crying and my dad having to console me. A huge, huge, huge, unforeseen upset. Your classic sports upset, you get them once in a generation. I think this is one of the biggest in several generations. What was it? What happened?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: It's a sporting one today, biggest ups set, one of the biggest upsets in sport. For me, it's the biggest upset upset in sport ever. What's your guest, don't go on your phones, try and guess what it was it happened on this date, February the eleventh, nine four one one oh four three. I'll take your guesses. Next. What do you think it was? Nine four one four one oh four three?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on this.
Speaker 3: Day, mystery on this day? All right, so right about this time every day we do on this day in history where we ask you a question, but a key historical date that happened on this day in history, February the eleventh, one of the biggest sporting upsets ever occurred? What do you think it was? Ask you this morning on ninety four one four, one oh four three. Let's take some guesses now, Billy, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 1: How are we but good?
Speaker 3: I hope you had a great weekend. Billy, What do you think it was? Then? One of the greatest sporting upsets ever?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is the hand around delivery from Trevor Shavel See I had a quick jump when I heard you were going to guess this. It's not the right answer, but you did send me down a wormhole. So this was a one day in like nineteen eighty one. Yeah, at the g This was a long time ago, so much so that the one day was sponsored by Benson and Hedges. Is when they used to let when they used to let cigarettes sponsor major sporting events. Formula one used to be sponsored by cigarettes, Benson and Hedges. Yeah yeah, unthinkable now, isn't It's just like what how was that ever? Okay? And Jack and I just had a quick look on YouTube whereverything is now and you can see it is so disrespectful. They're bowling under arm, aren't they.
Speaker 4: For the final ball of the whole game. I think New Zealand has to hit at least four off the ball, so he just rolled it along the ground.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you could do that in the courts with cricket laws. Well the rules were. It wasn't in the rules that you couldn't do it, So that's the reason why they did it. You have never forgiven us, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think and will.
Speaker 3: And that's it's so disrespectful, isn't it. It's nothing you do to a child.
Speaker 4: And it's just because it's not in the rules. It shouldn't be. That shouldn't apply for everything. That's what happens in airbud. That's the why the duck can play bass.
Speaker 3: All right, Betty, wrong guess, but a good one to remind us of that. Thank you very much. Mata. Have a good week. I got a cam down crawling good on and Cam Cam welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Cam. What do you think it was that big sporting upset happened on this day in history?
Speaker 6: Well, I think it was when.
Speaker 7: Australia won the America's Cap.
Speaker 3: This was a huge moment for your country. So you would have stayed up all night, millions of you to see this amazing upset, a huge upset. And it was this when Bob Hawk was drunk on TV and said that all bosses need to give you the day off. I think we've got a bit of the clip.
Speaker 7: I tell you what, any.
Speaker 4: Boss who sex anyone but not setting up the day as a bub.
Speaker 3: A bum jack he was wearing. I think he'd been drinking a lot by then. This is amazing.
Speaker 7: Tell you about any.
Speaker 4: Buss who sex anyone but not turning up the day as a bum.
Speaker 3: That's you want lead near.
Speaker 4: That's been interested to know how many people went to work that day.
Speaker 3: If you're going against your leader, Cam, it's not the right answer. But again, thank you very much for reminding us of that. Let's go now to great names. Zen Zen. I'm ready on karma through just introducing you on the show. Good morning Zen, Hell, are you made all right, yeah, yeah, it was great. Yeah, and I hope yours was good as well. Sen, And what do you think the sporting upset was then? On this day history?
Speaker 10: That was the day Mark Tarsosi's first professional heavyweight.
Speaker 3: About in the eleventh rim that's it, mate, Douglas. It was the tenth round, but you're damn right it was on the eleventh. That's what you get in the eleventh and tenth amazing upset. This is where before there was a sports coverage beamed around the world, so I remember having to wait until the next day to find out the news. I remember crying forty three to one. That's exactly. They made a documentary about it called forty three to one. That's how much of an underdog James Buster Douglas was. It was unthinkable that Tyson no one up until then. He was unbeaten in thirty seven fights. He was thirty seven and oh, no one ever got near him that I don't hurt him. And Buster Douglas he had knockouts, was crazy too.
Speaker 10: I got thirty six knockouts as well in that thirty seven.
Speaker 3: That's why I did thirty three knockouts in thirty three. If you want a too much, boxer. You can you go there. You've got to do your research. Cake, Sorry, I love it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I was a last It made ninety fours.
Speaker 3: Do you remember because four years before that, Tyson became the youngest world heavyweight champ ever at the age of twenty, when he demolished Trevor Burbert. Do you remember that classic knockout where Berbert was just like humiliated, straggering around the ring. This is from the original commentary. Okay, this is it. Then February even when Tyson the unthinka will happen beaten by a forty two to one underdog. Where did he day.
Speaker 11: Down?
Speaker 9: Right time?
Speaker 12: In his career, Mike Tyson, the canvas made a big trouble.
Speaker 4: He may not be every cover up to seven.
Speaker 3: Hey, a heavyweight champion of the world. It's incredible still when you watch it now, it's unbelieving. I still can't believe it now that Tyson got stopped like that. It was just umbitter was a human wrecking machine, tearing through any heavyweights that are put in front of him. And there's an amazing book about the fight where they go all to the events leading up before it's and It's a beautiful book. Came out a couple years ago. I read it last year. If you're a boxing fan or just a sports fan, it's more than moxing. It's about the humans involved. There's some amazing interviews with Tyson now that's been done the last couple of years, and Buster Douglas as well. Buster Douglass Muma died three days before the fight. She was the only person in the world who said, my son's gonna win, because your mum would say that, and so it gave him extra spirit if his mum believed that she'd passed away three days before the grieving from his beloved mom passing away, he still managed to stop Mike Tyson knock him down in the tenth round. The book is called The Last Great Fight. Can't remember the name of the author. It's an amazing but you're reading like a dow to the Last Great Fights, all about that era of boxing. It's a great read anyway, Well done, Zen, You got the right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, Christian O'Connell's fifty down there dollar your bills all right? Another week paying off your bills so good. Use this only do you get your bills paid off? When I pay a few bills and I give you a call either now or the breakfast show ten am, one pm or four pm, you get the money straight away. There's no waiting six weeks for a check. You need the cash, you need, the bill paid off or gets paid off and into your account that day. That is a Gold one oh four to three guarantee. It's all going to Tintacarf had fifty thousand dollars Tintacaf call one three tints to cover up and also call one three tints for a good time. That mainly for a coverable the sales team and have a go at me. Why would he say that about me? Does he want this place to lose money?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Getting your car tint it could be a good.
Speaker 3: It's a great time. It's a great time, all right, Jack. I did have fifty thousand dollars. What's it down to at the moment.
Speaker 4: Thirty one four hundred and forty six dollars eighty eight cents remaining.
Speaker 3: Plenty of bills can still be paid off. You need to head online GOLDWEO four to three dot com dot au. Some of you are still doing this on the weekend. Another tonload of emails. People was going, it's the bill, sort it out. I keep replying to all of them. You need to head to the website first of all. Okay, and then good luck. Stand my phones. We're calling someone up live right now. Got an X ray bill? All right, let's call her. So all we got do is pick up I pay your bill. It's as simple as that. Hopefully this is Joe.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 3: Is that Joe?
Speaker 7: It sure is Joe.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Come morning Christian. That's an amazing greeting. Hey, listen, Joe, thank you very much for picking up your phone. Oh thank you, especially because it's Monday morning. You're busy, you're rushing around. You probably forgot that you ever entered this. When did you enter.
Speaker 10: I actually don't remember. We've had a bit of a bit of confusion in this household in the last couple of weeks, so I'm a I'm a bit confused about when I did.
Speaker 3: That's okay, I mean, it's just you do it. You enter online, you probably hear on the radio station and forget all about it, and then suddenly, early Monday morning, you're live on the show. Good morning, so I hope you word you have a good weekend.
Speaker 10: I had a lovely weekend, thank you. It's very quiet though.
Speaker 3: Oh now listen, tell me about this X ray bill of eight hundred and eighty two dollars.
Speaker 10: Well, my my wonderful husband decided he would fall off a motorbike and has broken his ankle and his shoulder and means he can't use the crusch because he's because of his collar zone. Yeah sure, and can't walk because of his ankle. So he's now what do you call it?
Speaker 3: The uncapacitory incapacitated?
Speaker 10: Sorry, I have a little bit overwhelmed. And the bills were his scans and imaging, So sorry, I have a little bit emotional.
Speaker 3: That's right. So what has he got? Has he got pins in his ankle?
Speaker 7: Because no, he was very lucky.
Speaker 10: He has escaped. He escaped the surgeries. But he's out now for so no work.
Speaker 3: He's just laid up on the couch board. Yeah yeah, are you happen to run around after him and feed him?
Speaker 10: And oh I'm a nurse cleaner.
Speaker 3: That's a nightmare for both of you. So can I ask how's he get into the toilet? Or have you just got a potty from little man potty? Have you finished? You need me to work?
Speaker 10: That's a very slow process to hobbles free.
Speaker 3: Be awful, that misery, that movie misery. Well, listen, this is a tough time for you both. So I just going actually, I hope he recovers what's his name, Sean? Well, I hope you can Evel otherwise known as Sean recovers very well. So I'm going to bounce this up to let's give you a bit extra. Let's do one thousand and one hundred. Need a bit of extra, all right? Maybe going me get a takeaway this weekend on us. Let's do you wanted eight hundred and eighty two and let's bounce it up to one thousand, one hundred dollars. Okay, that'sful, that's a right. You both need a bit of luck this year, so hopefully this will be the start of it. So wish our best to evil can eve?
Speaker 6: All right, thank you very much?
Speaker 3: He don't tell me right? I remember I had to have a horney operation. So for a couple of days I really couldn't move. I was in a lot of pain. And it was this was when they first st did a honey Operations, not keyhole. It's about twenty odd years ago and they cut you open it right through your stomach. Life was agon and I remember that I had to go and live back home for a couple of weeks to get over it. And my mom had to buy me a bell that if I needed anything upstairs in my bedroom, I'd ring this bell and my mum and stuff. So has he got a bell or anything? Because evil can even got a bell if you need anything.
Speaker 10: Oh hell, the.
Speaker 3: Guy and breaking bad just diging the bell. He's going to listen to this. He's going to want a bed. I'm going to send you one anonymously in the post.
Speaker 4: That's what we need. Some Christiana colored branded helper bells.
Speaker 3: All right, well listen, I hope you guys. I hope the less this year starts to look up for you both.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well it certainly got better from today, thank you.
Speaker 3: So that's great news. It makes us feel great to do this as well. Show so all the best, all right, get well soon and evil and evil a hay buye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I need some help, try and find something this week, right, how do you like your bacon? Do you like streaky bacon like Australian bacon? How do you like your bacon?
Speaker 4: I can't believe you're only two hours into your juice cleans you already.
Speaker 3: Talk bacon, syrup pancakes. Half.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite bacon? I do like streaky bacon, but traveling around the US, I got bored of streaky bacon, and I kind of missed Australian bacon. They only give you the really thin streaky speak almost like jerky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they do it over there. Yeah, perhaps you're a fan of that kind of bacon, Ossie bacon.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, so Lois does right. So yesterday even I was chatting to Lois. Okay, and she's a new score and she's doing really well. She's working really hard to try and you know, commit to a new score and find new friends. Yesterday, listen there, you're doing really well. Tell you what I'll get your little tree tomorrow. What would you like? She goes some streaky bacon and I went, you know, in the kids weld. It's a small world, isn't it? What makes it amazing? And ice cream is amazing to a kid, it's the greatest day on earth just to go and get an ice cream. They're like, oh God, Mom, wouldn't urs Are you really doing this? So streaky bacon is a big deal. That's like me wondering the streak's looking for the holy Grail, you know, behind the bush or was it here? This tachy? So since moving here, we've struggled to find streaky bacon. You're very popular in the UK. It is. She really likes it like that, Pats, Like you said, it's that thin stuff and burnt and crispy. Now I'm struggling to find it.
Speaker 5: Now I've gotta by the time I do school pick up today, I've got to have streaky bacon.
Speaker 4: So what are you going to bounce from butcher to butcher asking if you do streaky bacon.
Speaker 3: Someone must know where I can get hold of streaky bacon.
Speaker 4: You know what, now I think about it, I think I only had it in the UK or in the US.
Speaker 3: That's it. I haven't in all the coals and all the Woolworths. I've been toys, big old speech, and it in all the coals and all the wars high and low in this great Southern land. I'm not found any streaky bake. I even googled it yesterday, bayside streaky bacon. Google just went you need.
Speaker 8: A butcher that cuts his own bacon?
Speaker 7: Perhaps?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, but ring around these people? Where do I start?
Speaker 4: But it's not just the cut, though, is it? Because it feels like a different texture than the normal bacon? Like, isn't a different type of pig streaky pigs?
Speaker 3: It's not different? Come on the wheat that the samster quits the feature you give us? Is it a different type of streaky? Is it a zebra? A stripey animal? Must give us the.
Speaker 4: Strikes a different part of the pig or something?
Speaker 3: All right, if anyone can help me in my endless question, endless quest of my streaky bacon. And people are actually calling in Belinda, good morning, good.
Speaker 10: Morning, my local. I g a self streaky bacon.
Speaker 3: Right, it's local to you. I'm in Richmond. Whereabouts are you?
Speaker 4: I'm in one turner right about a half hour.
Speaker 3: Driven't let a kid down, okay, all right? And they've definitely got streaky bacon.
Speaker 4: They have, yes, all right, Wendy, can you go garden? You know how you can somebody else to garden parking spot.
Speaker 3: Can you go and buy and I'll help pay your bill if you know what I mean. Okay, I'll get it over to you. All right, brilliant, you're very kind. All right, we've got another caller now, Jackie. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you going well?
Speaker 3: Searching for streaky bacon.
Speaker 10: You can get it at Costco. They have all the American stuff. They've got tons of streaky bacon.
Speaker 3: Do I need to be like a member of Costco? Can you just wander in?
Speaker 4: Oh, you need to be a member.
Speaker 3: I need to be like a whole scene that sort of thing.
Speaker 10: So you're looking for that sort of thing, that's where it is.
Speaker 3: I am looking for that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: To get low says streaky bacon. You got to get the sixty dollars Costco membership, then you go to bid in bulk, so you probably so it's going to cuss you over a hundred bug.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Jackie the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for the cause we've heard about where I can find streaky bacon. I really appreciate that so many people calling in tons of texts as well, all recommending a guy. I've heard it before. Rob's British butcher in Dandenot is famous. So many people have mentioned this to me over the last couple of months since being here. Have you gone over to Dandenong. Rob's butcher gets loads of great gammon joints and streaky bacon and pickled onions.
Speaker 4: Is it an expat thing British people telling you about him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It is. Yeah, it's like a kind of our little secret whisper. It's like a secret handshit about Rob. Need to find out if he does mail order. In terms of my quest today to have streaky bacon for my twelve year old order by the time she gets back from school. A couple of bills said that Coles up on Bridge Road here on Richmond does it as well, so I might be making pilgrimage up There's not much of a pilgrimage. It's five minutes pilgrimage. It's one of the world's lamest ones. But it's uphill. I will say that on Monday. On Tuesday for me Clensday, it is uphill going up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, should you be al?
Speaker 3: And I've got to dodge the old smackheads as well, so I've got to be very very careful. It's that pac man.
Speaker 4: I've learned so much about bacon's what can you tell it in the last five minutes. I already I thought bacon was already salty naturally, but it's how they prepare it.
Speaker 3: They cure it in salted Yeah.
Speaker 4: But this streaky bacon that you're looking for, why it's different to the bacon were used to, which is the middle bacon which comes off the pig's back, right. The streaky bacon comes from this fatty pork belly and it's called streaky because it's mostly fat with streaks of meat in it.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: And panchetta is the Italian version of streaky bacon.
Speaker 3: I love panchetta, you know, get that panchatta that chopped up little cubes in a carbonara. All this food talk it's not helping me. On Clean's Day.
Speaker 1: Today, the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four.
Speaker 3: Back on Friday. Then we were talking about what are you up to over the weekend and that we definitely need to give you a call a Monday to find out how you got on this will come on the back coom. I found out that one of our listeners, So guy's been fighting for ten years, a professional fighter, really just grinding out wins all around Australia and the mixed martial arts scene, hoping and hoping. His big dream was to fight in the UFC. He gets a call up the UC. Happens to be in his hometown Melbourne, getting ready for the big fight yesterday. He gets a call up last Wednesday one of the fighters has pulled out, another Australian fighter. Is he ready to go? He steps in the last minute and so we were talking about that. I swat t emials. We were hoping to get on Friday show. But obviously he's busy getting ready for yesterday. He got to fight yesterday in the UFC and he did really well. He got to fight in the UNC, He got to fight the UC. Sady lost in the first round, but I mean, you know, he got to fight in the UC. You know, So Paul Callum Potter rock Star got rocks yesterday, but he saw a lot of balls to get in there and go and fight in the world's biggest fighting organization. So we had loads of schools on Friday, the people telling us what they've got on over the weekend. Sadly, one of the people we can't speak to. I was hoping she was going to get engaged. She doesn't want to speak to us today, which I totally understand. So obviously it wasn't news she was expecting. But Sam was one of the guys he spoke to as well, who was going on his first Bucks weekend Bucks party. Good morning, Sam, good morning. Go well you sound pretty good. I thought you'd sound a wreck today. How was it?
Speaker 6: It was a really good weekend. Actually, yeah, what did you do?
Speaker 3: What happened to the groom?
Speaker 9: So what we did is we went camping down in Nelson, which is sort of on the South Australian border.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of a Bucks party that go camping.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so we went camping because all this this Buck is is quite outdoorsy.
Speaker 3: So right, hangover for camping, bring a tent.
Speaker 9: We went camping and on the Sat day we actually held a Bloke Olympics.
Speaker 3: So we ran to the event and dare I ask, what were some of the headline events at the Bloke Olympics.
Speaker 9: So some of the headline events included a hatchet throw, so throwing an act at a target.
Speaker 3: Campsite.
Speaker 4: You were saying it, I just imagine a dad with his two boys in the next campsite over and then they've got you. Rowdy light coming in next.
Speaker 3: Door, Indians are coming.
Speaker 6: We were quite isolated, so it was all right.
Speaker 3: Yep. So hatchets throwing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hatchet throwing. There was swing shotting. Can I love this?
Speaker 3: Just sounds great fun?
Speaker 6: So yeah, slingshotting.
Speaker 9: Can the fastest person to cut a piece of wood with a handsaw?
Speaker 3: It was just some bad grills kind of Bucks weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 6: There was also fastest person to change a tire.
Speaker 3: It's all very good, isn't it. I love these challenges.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 6: It was pretty well organized. Yeah, it ran through about seven hour like I.
Speaker 4: Bet, because unless how many cars are you doing for the tire chain, for the whole buckspite have a go.
Speaker 9: So you just had to change You just had to change one tire and not everyone actually got to do that because that was a round two events, so you had to.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 3: This is going Who won? How did you get on? Sam?
Speaker 6: I didn't do too well. My brother made it to the final though.
Speaker 3: Where did you come?
Speaker 6: But this?
Speaker 9: But I car actually can't really remember where I came up.
Speaker 3: He crashed on the hatshit throwing it behind you the buck.
Speaker 6: I think I missed. I think I think I missed a lot of the final. But in the final it was so the two top people. There was one hundred.
Speaker 9: Meters dash fastest through ten push ups, arm wrestle, and then also you had to kick a footy into a trailer from about automation.
Speaker 4: Let me guess I've I've had a Bucks party make this mistake before, where we had this Olympics type thing at the start of the day we did more traditional sports. But ye, what happened is it was a hot day and by midday we'd finish the sports, and then for the rest of the afternoon when everybody's meant to be having a party, everybody was just lying by the pool.
Speaker 3: Nap time.
Speaker 4: Nap time. There was about fifteen people taking naps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, synchronized nap. It was one of the events.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nap would have been good, but no, Yeah, r run Like.
Speaker 9: We started about midday and we finished about seven o'clock, so it was all day.
Speaker 3: Itself, very grown up. Once sounds like a great one and can you tell me this was there any enforced nudity.
Speaker 9: There are no, not that, not that I can remember. We all, we all, we all actually dressed up as the Buck on Saturday as well, and we all referred to each other as Jack were the Buck.
Speaker 4: So that's funny, all right.
Speaker 6: A lot of Jack's competing.
Speaker 3: So you had a good weekend and the Buck had a good weekend as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, it was a great weekend. He had heaps of fun.
Speaker 3: And he's not been arrested, and he's both of his eyebrows.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's not all eyebrows. Everything's and tact right and.
Speaker 4: For being civilized.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great all right, Sam, thanks you co mate. You have a good week no way, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So it's time for Monday's Misheard Lyrics. How this works is than anytime you hear a lyric and then you think you hear something else and not what they actually wrote or sung. Email me Christian at god one I four to three dot com dot A. You'll getting more emails about this feature than anything else. And this morning, for first time ever, we have one submission from one of our junior listeners. I never thought we'd have an eleven year old boy on a school run who listens to the show every day and his favorite feature is this Spencer, I'm talking about you, And about five minutes time, I've got your great one, which I can't wait to share with everyone this morning. But first of all, then Big John is a man that runs this feature really and he gives us a top five every week, and then I go through your submissions. Top five from Big John, this week, Love Songs, the Week of Love, Valentine's this Thursday. Up first, this classic from Berlin from top Gum on This Endless Ocean. Finally Lovers, No, No shame? Beautiful or is it all they sell is potions? Finally Lovers, No, no shame. I hear potions now, Daniel Beddingfield?
Speaker 9: Is it right to bring.
Speaker 12: Morning time?
Speaker 3: Daniel Beddingfield, wrap my words around you and he's singing. Is it right to bring her sonnets in the morning time? Is it right to bring silence morning time? Or is it is it right to bring her solids in the morning time?
Speaker 2: Is right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's bedridden, she's bringing their solids in. No, Darling, I told you no, yeah, that's you at the moment on Dinah Surrender.
Speaker 3: You couldn't listen to a radio station without one of them playing this song for a while. That's six months. It was everywhere the song Surrender, massive song. Okay, and I won't put my hands up and surrender or is it? And I won't poke my eyes out and surrender? All my yeah naps. Eddie Shearon, when's you beginning? When it's Eddie? I like him it more for he was an Eddie Eddie Shearer. Maybe when he's a bit older, you know, if he's ever met Eddie maguire. That name works. Eddie Shearer means take me into your loving arms. There is Eddie Sheeran singing take me into your lemon arms means yes, yeah, that's the definite one means what about this classic love song then from the nineties, simply read Fairground love the thought. Oh, perfect song for you Australians love the thong, Yes, yes, that's the best one. But Big John today love the Thong? Yeah, there you go? All right? Coming up next, then, I've got the best of your submissions from the last few days on your Monday Misheard lyrics.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Midway through this week's Monday Misheard lyrics. Now time for me to go through some of the ones that you've sent in. First of all, we go to Croydon North Narau High Christian. Every time I hear this on God one I four point three Starship, nothing's going to stop us. Now crazy. So the lyric is supposed to be let him say we're crazy. I don't care about that. Narrell. Here is it, let him see we're crazy. I don't give a crap. Come on, Starship, mind you ps and qsrazy. Yes, that's by Norell. Very good. Now we go to this rock and roll legend Paul Kelly Christian. My brother emailed me about this one. I went and listened to it and he's right. The song you Love Playing to Her to All by Paul Kelly. Uh, listen for this line.
Speaker 7: Then they started farty.
Speaker 3: I know already, yeah, all up as soon as you hear this.
Speaker 7: Then they started farty and it.
Speaker 3: Does sound like they're saying that, Yeah, dude, you really need me to spell it out.
Speaker 7: No, Then they started farty.
Speaker 3: It does well. Well, I'm Matt who's setting that one him?
Speaker 7: Then they started funny.
Speaker 3: Then we go to our junior listener here, Spencer, Christian. My name is Spencer and I'm eleven years old? Only that age? Do you email someone with your age? Once you get a bit further down the line, Spencer, you drop all that. I don't email anyone going Hi. My name is Christianercon. I'm surely to be forty six. I'm on a cleansing diet at the moment. My name is Spencer. I'm eleven years old, and one oh four point three is my favorite radio station. That great, even if it's the frequency right as well. My favorite segment is Misheard Lyrics and my entry is bad Medicine by bond Jovi. You played it last week on the show, and I hear something a bit different. Your lover is like bad medicine. But our young junior listener here is young eager lears he here is like bad venison. Yeah, yeah, that's yet the younger is they hear so much? What a terrible thing to say to alert lady. Your lover is like bad venison. Nothing worse than life. Fist there, guys and bad venison. Spencer, that's the best one we've had this morning, Spencer, thank you very much for that. You win it this morning. If you got any for next week, email me Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com dot au, Pau Sister check Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com dot AU.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Acting. We're gonna stretch your acting this week. Your thanks to email all this week. We have ten thousand dollars worth of prices to give to you. Two thousand worth of prices every single day or thanks to eBay with our movie ok on Time's Day movie. OK, so what's the moment before we tell you the movie scene we want you to re enact this morning. Here's voice of a guy with What you gonna win today is Winner Scores.
Speaker 13: Our fashion package valued at two thousand dollars including so Now, Cocoin Mademoiselle, Perfume, Dyson Supersonic Hair Dry Up, a bra On Series seven, Shave Up, Act with the Geo for Men by Torgio, Armaney, Kate Spade, Women's Watch, has Saco five, Men's Sports Watch, Nars, Lipstick and Wayne Cooper topad.
Speaker 3: Congratulations. All right, that's all of yours. What you need to do, though, is you need to act out a classic movie scene. We need two of you so this can be a partner, can be a workmate, you can be our trades on a site together. Love to hear that, especially when you hear the movie. All right, So just think about you heard all those prizes, all right, lots of great stuff. They're two thousand dollars worth trades. You could be winning this with a special lady in your life. For this Thursday, Valentine's Day, we go back to this movie Tommy c in this.
Speaker 11: I love you, You complete me. I'm not just hes shut up, just shut You had me at Hello, You had me hello.
Speaker 3: Anyone ever actually said to somebody else you complete me.
Speaker 4: I love that film.
Speaker 3: It's a great move, isn't it.
Speaker 4: No, put that back in.
Speaker 11: I love you, you complete me. I'm not just hes shut up, just shut You had me at Hello, You had me Hello.
Speaker 3: I just want to hear two trades on the building site that help together to really bring that beautiful love between them there. So okay, so I'm going.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 3: Just give you an idea of how easy it is to act. Jack and Pat's are.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have a go with this and in a movie oky style, I will say scene and then you'll pick up. You both know your character's motivation. Pats, you're playing the Tom Cruise part. You're ready? Oh okay, yeah, yeah, you wrote this, so I decided to switch it around a bit. You ready, Yep? Scene, I love you?
Speaker 8: You complete me and I just had.
Speaker 4: Shut up, just shut up. You had me at Hello, you had me at Hello.
Speaker 3: Jeez, couple of big hands down. Sure, Ny Melbourne, you can do better. Right now? What do you like at that classic love scene from Jerry Maguire. Lines are opening now two thousand dollars worth. The brides up for grabs nine four one four one oh four to three. Auditions are opening right now nine four one three No, nine four one, just changing the number for the hell of it, nine four one. Let's go back to the actual number. Nine four one four one four three. Give us a call.
Speaker 1: We'll do it next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Big prizes all this week, then on our eBay movie ok in the week of Valentine's two thousand dollars worth of prizes every single day. This morning, you win all of these prizes.
Speaker 13: Today's winner scores our fashion package valued at two thousand dollars, including Chanelle Coco, Mademoiselle, Perfume, Dyson, Supersonic Air dry Out, a Brawn Series seven, Shaver Back with the Gio for Men by Jorji Harmoney, are Kate Spade, Women's Watch, has Saco five Men's Sports Watch, Nars Lipstick and Wayne Cooper topad.
Speaker 3: Congratulations and the movie scene we're asking to reen out this morning, is there some Jay McGuire, I love you.
Speaker 11: Complete me just has shut up, just shut You had me at Hello, you had me to look.
Speaker 3: All right, first of all trying this two old friends Tanya and Judy. Good morning ladies, Good morning so your old friends. Yes, one of you is just done the school run. Yes that's correct, right, okay, So who's going to be Tom?
Speaker 10: Oh that's me, Julie.
Speaker 3: All right, Good luck ladies in your own time, off you go do your best. Jerry maguire, thank you.
Speaker 10: I love you completely and I just turn shut up, just shut up. You had me Hello, you had me.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you bought it. We were there again. I reckon, that's better than the original ladies, Tania and Julie. That was great. And do you know, I don't think anyone can say shut up better than a woman. It just it just punches better. But that was very very powerful girls. Okay, well done, stay there. You might have won the big prizes. Now let's try and see Liam. Good morning, Good morning mate. So we got Liam and Mick. Good morning, Mick, Chris. I'm good to you guys. Both at work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on a construction side at the moment.
Speaker 3: Mate, right, okay, so you're ready to do Jimmy guire yeah right action.
Speaker 6: I love you you completely, and I just had.
Speaker 10: Shut up, just shut up.
Speaker 7: You had me at hello, You had me at hello.
Speaker 3: That was that was amazing. Guys. Wow, guys, this morning we thought we might have to go at it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the stay and the tools were.
Speaker 3: A little bit and here we are, guys. I've got news for you. You're the winners. You win all the big prizes. I don't know how you're gonna split this. Who's getting all the prizes? You're gonna split them?
Speaker 7: How you spit?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: All right, let's all listen to all the prizes You've both just won. Who's gonna grab? Who have a listened to this? Today's winner scores.
Speaker 13: Our fashion package valued at two thousand dollars, including so Now cook on Mademoiselle, A few that says medium, Super Sonic brought on Series seven, Nika.
Speaker 3: Want that too me by George. This one's got really hairy wear Lady Legs.
Speaker 13: That's Saco five Men's Sports Watch Lasika, Wayne Cooper topad.
Speaker 3: Well done guys, absolutely brilliant acting, Well done. You set a high standard guys this week. So that sounds going to work every day this week or thanks to eBay forty thousand Ossie retailers all in one place. It's all happening on eBay. Another chance tomorrow morning, same time.
Speaker 1: The Christ and O'Connell Breakfast Show's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This week on the at work time Waster tickets to go and see Brian Ferry, they claim. Solo artist Leader of Roxy Music returns to Australia this year, performing live at a Day on the Green Rochford Wines this month on February the twenty third, and is at Margaret Court Arena on February the twenty six. You can still get some tickets. There are some on seal. Now we've got a pairt you can win on Today's at work time waster. This is interesting. Apparently chart music is getting sadder and angrier.
Speaker 4: New pop songs are getting sader?
Speaker 7: Are Yeah?
Speaker 3: You think I got already sharing songs? There's got no no happy tunes? Is he make a song sadder? Is today's at work time wasster? How have you got on with yours?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: Give it a C plus only?
Speaker 3: Okay, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think at best C plus heartbreak motel it's sadder than at hotel. It's just a motel to have your heartbroken in. I just cooled to say I hate you. We really did start the fire. And ninety nine burst balloons.
Speaker 4: Oh that's sad.
Speaker 3: That's what he sad is they would go around burst in nineteen nine of four balloons. All right, And Jae Jack, what have you got from make a song? Sadder?
Speaker 4: Baby? Did a sad sad thing? Oh dear painted bleak hotel kellor forlorn yep yep and gloom gloom shake the room.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's brilliant. That's a gold one. That's not c puss. All right, that's what we're looking for make a song Sader Texamn oh four seven five O three one oh four three oh four seven five o three one oh four three. You could be off to see Brian Ferry The b Man Live.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Perhaps he was just telling us the dog broke out yesterday. Oh gosh, news, it's the size of an elephant. That thing presley flat and wearribee. Oh dick be the world's biggest dog.
Speaker 8: He eat his way to the neighbor, came to the door and he just bolted, And I thought, lucky did get.
Speaker 4: Past somebody if someone run through.
Speaker 8: Yeah, lucky he didn't hit a car.
Speaker 4: He would have.
Speaker 3: Hit my hip boats. So what did you do?
Speaker 8: Were we chased after him? And then I think he got scared knowing that he was on his own without us.
Speaker 4: And came back.
Speaker 3: Were you yelling down the road?
Speaker 8: We were just we were hysterical with it's.
Speaker 3: Happened before dog. Yeah you do what it's so wind all right?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: So today's that work time waste is to make a song? Sadder the Boss has entered for the first time this year. Bruce Springsteen sign Sue is ent to go easy with this, just give it a goal. We got the meeting at ten. You remember funny one, Boss, you should be on air. R E. M. Whiney sappy people. That's a funny one. Let's end it now, all right. These are just the nearly rounds. Really the Lion weeks tonight. That's good Gold Nick and Runswick. So we're asking to make a song so Brian Fairy tickets up for grams. It's a nice day for a white funeral listening to the show. We paid it half an hour ago. Gold bron to you, well done in frank everyone's in Frankston South today. Also we've got You're not the one I want? Silver Veronica in Hampton, don't go break in my heart anymore. Silver for Christmas is gloom instead of all the want for Christmas.
Speaker 4: L Plus.
Speaker 3: Queen with you were my best friend. That's really sad, isn't it? Dan Is South Merangue, well done. Don't have a nice day by Bonti.
Speaker 4: Jo pretty obvious but Gold.
Speaker 3: Julian Moravin, well done. I don't want to hold your hand mother beatles Sarah in Fitzroy North. Silver plus have almost been very specific today about their location Learning to Cry not Learn to Fly. I don't want to hear Dave Grohl saying that learning to Cry gold boom boom, don't come back to my room Nearrell Silver. I was just trying to read out what I think is the saddest well I'm going to end on it because it's so dark, always going to give you up. Glenn Silver not staying alive? Be gee, that's not the one I'm talking about, by the way, gold plus, and here it is, then Glenn with this one when doves die?
Speaker 4: Oh, Glenn gold plus.
Speaker 3: Gold plus. Who's going to see.
Speaker 4: Bryan Ferry not staying alive?
Speaker 3: Not staying alive? Well done that is, or David Immo bark you this morning's win a well done everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three On Friday, we were speaking of people who've got stuff gone over the weekend where we definitely had to call them back today to find out how they got on. He spoke too, well, friend Sam has gone on his first Bucks party over the weekend. He had a great time.
Speaker 4: We didn't speak to our friend Christine start bringing that up.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to talk to us. She was hoping to get engaged this weekend. We've got to respect that she doesn't want to talk about it today. It obviously didn't bless her. It's awful, isn't it.
Speaker 4: You said to it. You told her would be one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: We don't need to have that on the show. You horrible with the man. Come on, am I going to say to her? Hey, you know, I know you're not engaged, but hey, I did say you can have one hundred bucks. That's not going to help out right now, is it right? Let's talk about brew master Brendan, who we met on Friday. Brendan, good morning, morning going here. You going pretty good. So when we spoke to you Friday, mate, you were getting ready to start brewing your beer, your own beer for the homebrew for the first time ever. How did it go over the weekend, mate, Well.
Speaker 6: It's gone good so far.
Speaker 10: With a nice wet morning on Saturday morning, so I'll be a day to stay in solid.
Speaker 6: And do some beer.
Speaker 3: Now again, have you the distillery, the homemade distillery. It's under the big TV.
Speaker 11: Absolutely just coops and warm.
Speaker 10: So it's that constant temperature.
Speaker 3: Now, my dad used to do this in a whole house within a couple of days, start to stink of yeast? What's to smell like at the moment? Live at yours?
Speaker 11: Oh it's wonderful?
Speaker 4: Is it messy? Brendan? Did you like spill it all over the carpet as you do?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 10: Do you kick get in the garage if.
Speaker 6: You do that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you've got a garage, but you chose to put it next to the TV.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Have you got away with that stuff in the garage?
Speaker 3: Right? Okay, there's no room for the distillery. Stick it under the TV. So are we still on track that? Jack and I we're doing fed Faster no boots this month. You reckon that your homebrew is going to be ready for us to taste on the show.
Speaker 11: I reckon I'm wre have a couple of leaders, spear.
Speaker 3: Well, that's very very kind of you.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, we don't need a couple of need.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't think the idea is you do fed fast on.
Speaker 4: The first day everything that you.
Speaker 3: I think that's worse than doing you. I'm doing all the work, I mean, hospital to it. The It worth a couple of leaders of your moonshine.
Speaker 9: Saving the stuff on the bottom.
Speaker 3: No, and then listen. This is what I'm worried about. Steal tea mucky beer in three weeks time. I don't want to. I don't want to shoveling that down my neck. Someone suggested that we call your We're not Budwiser, but Mudwiser because apparently homebrew carry berry. So I think we're going to name it you Okay, we name it Mudweiser. Absolutely well, that's it. Her name is born.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: We'll check up, aren't you at the end of this week to see how it's going along the Mudweiser brew. Yeah, okay, brew Master Brendan, thank you very much. Have a good week. Brewmaster cheers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: That is the show for us today. So when I see you guys tomorrow, I'll be day two on this cleansing juice day.
Speaker 4: What is the actual rules? No solid meals? No, Yeah, you're going to be cranky little man tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: No food.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. My wife said, why are you doing this to yourself?
Speaker 5: It's bad enough with no boos why then chuck in juices and cleansers for two days back to back.
Speaker 4: We're the victims. You're going to put that with you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait out for five to Tuesday tomorrow, and it's still going to be dooming. Glue. Tit of today's show is everything's about food at the moment. Streaky bacon pilgrimage. What a great pilgrimage to go on looking for streaky bacon. I could be calling one of you up at ten o'clock this morning. This is the movie scene where we're going to be asking you tomorrow morning to do your best version of up for grabs two thousand dollars worth of prizes thanks to eBay. Is this classic scene?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes yes.
Speaker 3: Oh gohead, I'll have one.
Speaker 11: She's having such.
Speaker 3: A great scene in a great flawless movie when Harry met Sally, Megrin and Billy Crystal. That's the scene. Tomorrow morning, we're looking for two of you to reenact, and thanks to eBay, you could be winning two thousand dollars worth of prizes. I could be calling you next. I'm paying your bill.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Old one, Oh, four point three,