Speaker 1: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 2: Podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 3: Don't suck it up? Hello everybody, Welcome to the last and final Drag Race Debrief, First Repulse Drag Race Down Under Season two.
Speaker 4: Hello Mitchell, I can't believe that it's the last one that Bloody flew by, didn't it?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Were you happy with the finale? Were you happy with the end result? I am yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the last episode was very wholesome.
Speaker 4: There was no drama, and there were all these cute little moments we got to see of just the three final lets just hanging backstage in the in the work room, just chatting, and some of that unscripted stuff we got out of them.
Speaker 1: With just gold. So yeah, it was it was a good episode. I liked it.
Speaker 3: The finales can be boring at times because they always do a song and they don't have any drama, all the good drama Queens of the Left, so it's like we're all best friends, we're all we all of each other, we've all got them this far. But this one was actually very entertaining, and we have our crowned queen. We have a winner, Spanky Jackson.
Speaker 4: You know how I measure whether it's a good episode or not. Yeah, whether I'm going, oh my god, when is this over? It's going so long? Or if I do what I did for this finale, which was oh my god, it's finished already.
Speaker 1: That was quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I with you. If I get distracted on my phone and then like a lose track of time, I'm like, oh shit, isn't that bad? Is it that bad? And that didn't happen. It didn't happen for a couple of the Drag Race down Under episodes. Yeah, been really really good. But yeah, we have our crowned Queen Spanky and of course the runners up, Queen Kong and Hannah Conda. So Queen Kong, I don't know if she's taking the loss. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We wanted to do two separate interviews, one with the two runners up and then one with the winner. Of course, thank you Jackson. Queen Cong couldn't make it today, but we've got Hannah. That's the good news.
Speaker 1: She's a hoot. So we might kick off with Hannah, shall we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go Spanky Jackson, the winner coming up. But right now, here's Hannah Conder. All right, let's get her on one of our phase and from the start, Mitch. We said this from the very first episode of Drag Race Debrief, and even on the main show. Hannah Conda was our win up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we put our footy tips in the very first episode of Drag Race Debrief, and partially out of loyalty, but also out of her pure talent.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's got to be Hannah. It's gotta be bloody Hannah, and real close.
Speaker 3: She came so close, Hannahconda joins us. Now, Hanno, Hannah, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, babes, how's it going?
Speaker 4: Oh, more importantly, how are you going? I bet it was a bloody big weekend for you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's an understatement, to be fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured this much.
Speaker 2: I got a little bit wild.
Speaker 1: Oh good girl, I reckon.
Speaker 4: It's so fun that they make you film like the multiple endings where you each get a turn pretending you've won, and then you don't even know which one they're going to use. So like, what was your reaction when you filmed your fake ending?
Speaker 5: Oh? I put on the waterworks, sobbing and going, oh my god, you really like to be fair. I can't think that it would have been nice to watch over again. But I tell you though, our reaction to Spanky winning was pretty good.
Speaker 2: That was the third time we did it, Yeah, last one.
Speaker 4: I got the sense when I was watching the actual ending that they ran with Spanky winning. I got the sense that she might have thought to herself, Oh, they're not going to run this version, because I was like, it doesn't feel like she's that excited. But now that I know that it was the third Bloody Takes, it'd probably worn off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like you had to sit through myself and Queen doing it. I had to go first because they did it in order. Yeah, because I went first, I didn't realize I had to have like a speech.
Speaker 2: Oh other like ooops, whoops?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, do you remember what your speech was?
Speaker 5: It was something about like snake by name, tender by nature, and hopefully at the end of this show, I'm your favorite flavor.
Speaker 2: Let's spread the glitter and party.
Speaker 1: Oh that's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: That's nice. I liked your lyrics too in the Challenge Channel. I thought your lyrics were sensational. Did you like, do you pre write them, think about what you want to write before you come on the show, or was that really all written in the workroom.
Speaker 2: So I did write the lyrics for who is She in the Workroom?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Really, that's so much pressure match, I couldn't write a song.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How much time did you actually have to do that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You get like a few hours.
Speaker 5: You kind of know that there's going to be that anyway, so you kind of think about what general direction you want to go in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good at rhyming, so that works in my mind.
Speaker 1: Easy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like we don't realize how long filming this shit actually takes. And I remember in one of the early episodes, like a few weeks ago, you were sort of the first to.
Speaker 1: Admit how burnt out you were feeling.
Speaker 4: Like, talk to me about what a day looks like, how much work is there?
Speaker 1: How many hours? How much sleep do you actually get?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So you start every day about seven o'clock in the morning and you go in and that's where you film your like confessionals.
Speaker 4: And is that commentating on everything that happened the day before? Yes, gotcha?
Speaker 5: Okay, so everything's fresh in your mind and then you'll go in, depending on what day it is, if it's like a new challenge day or you're completing like a challenge and a runway. Oh yeah, you go into the work room and either real will come in or you just continue on the work and then I think the longest day would be a runway day because you're get already really early and then like the runway takes like well, i'd say like three or four hours, especially in the early parts to get filmed.
Speaker 1: And so how late do you knock off?
Speaker 5: Oh well, it depends on what we're doing. I remember the first day when we did the construction challenge. Well, I don't think we left there until well after like working hours.
Speaker 1: And he's Rue there as well, so it's more than a nine to five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Rue stays the whole time.
Speaker 2: They just packed down her green screen and then she's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, she's on LA time, so it's early for her, early in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember when we had Reis Nicholson on the podcast. He was explaining to us how their commentary works during the runways. They get you to do two walks, one to music and one without music, so they can just come up with their smart ass comments. Is that distracting when you just hear them talking and there's no music. I would just be laughing at what they're saying, Well, yeah you.
Speaker 5: Do, and like it's so weird because all you can hear is like, yeah, little as you're like clopping down the fucking runway looking like a like a because you want to get the music to get you into it. And Michelle got me in the first week because she's like, oh, it's Kate Moss and I don't know why. I just found that hysterical tackling myself and They're like focus on the runway and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh, sorry, that would be very distracting. And how does it feel, obviously to get so close and I don't want to go how does it feeling out so close and not win? But I truly saw you as a front run of the whole season, And how does it feel to do so well in the competition and then come out and go, oh, I think I can win this or I think I'm close. But then see public reaction and then watch the edit and did your opinion on how you did change after seeing the show?
Speaker 5: Ish, Yeah, I'm very proud of what I did at the show, and I'm very proud of how I sort of came across.
Speaker 2: In this show.
Speaker 5: I think the one thing that I wished I got to see more of for me and my edit was more of my my quirky, fun personality that I think is.
Speaker 2: The dominant feature of me.
Speaker 5: I just felt like a bit of a robot and wins, especially on the runways when like they give a critique, I looked like a bloody blowfish, just go yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and you were you biting back? Were you throwing quips back that we didn't see?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were like gas bag and we were chatting back and forth, but you wouldn't have known it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like we did get to see plenty of your funny personality. Though. I loved that there were just these little extremely Australian moments, like you say things like come on, slaps and I'm just like, oh my god, I'm so glad that she's the Ossie in the top three. It was just beautiful. I feel like you would have had international view. It's been like what did she say? Because the accents so thick.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's actually the perfect sent that takes over.
Speaker 3: Who were your backups for Snatch Game? Who were I know you've mentioned a couple because you did Liza, and you did Aliza so well? But who else did you have backed up?
Speaker 5: I had Drew Barrymore with me, and I'm thanks fool that I never did that.
Speaker 3: Can you do it?
Speaker 7: Drew?
Speaker 3: Give us some Drew, Give us some Drew.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 5: Rw, I'm just a she give mama.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, look at the rain beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wish people could see like the shape of the mouth that really makes it all of the mouth.
Speaker 3: We gutted that you didn't win because you got so much out of it. Was it really like a were you crushed or were you like? No, I'm going to take the positive out of this. And and well doneder spanking. She's a sister, she's a queen. Where was your head out on the day, on the revealed day?
Speaker 5: If I'm going to be completely one hundred and fift percent honest, I'm thrilled that I didn't win.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because like I feel that I like being the robbed queen Ya true?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you've seen how many Australian Idol runners up have actually been more six that's for them. The winner is you're like the just mailboy you know in Russiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually, the Shadow Knoll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did like that.
Speaker 4: They didn't actually place a second and third, so you and Queen Kong were technically equal, but Queen Kong didn't rock up today.
Speaker 1: So you're fucking second in my book, you're.
Speaker 3: Second in our books. Yeah, we fucking first, to be honest. Well that's be real. So so what's next for you? Because people can see you live obviously in Sydney because you're a Sydney Queen.
Speaker 1: Are you coming back to trivia? Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, look not at the moment. She's a busy girl and she's traveling around. So we're going on our big tour, yes, with the casts.
Speaker 2: So that's going to be taking out a couple of months.
Speaker 5: And then when we get back, Queen myself and Spanky we're going to stay together and do some bad stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh that'd be well, that's what I was going to ask, because they are the queens often go on tours, right, but then the queens that don't win hashtag rob Queens. I Hanaconda back for Queens versus the World or Australia versu the World or UK versus the World, you know, all Stars International? Would you do it? Have you been asked, we need to know.
Speaker 2: I haven't been asked, but definitely would do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it would be amazing.
Speaker 5: And I think like people getting to know me as well, and like, you know, also having that conversation with Queen in episode three, which is really really important for me to do, I think, yeah, and rightly so, you know, some people may not enjoy me or like me, and I think it gave them a chance to see more than what the Internet says about me and see me as a human being and what I can do and and you know, and the work that I'm doing as well. So I think now that I've kind of showcased that and can have people on the journey with me going back in hopefully you know, I can show them even more.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd also love to see you with lip fillers, because when the Queens come back, they get lip fillers, and you've clearly all natural now, so to see you with lip it'd be so nice, Hannah, it'd be beautiful to see.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know, I think that's something I've been really thinking about, Yeah, tweying with the idea.
Speaker 4: You know, one thing I really loved in that final episode with that letter you got from your partner Jack and how you were.
Speaker 1: Just missing each other so much. It was very gushy.
Speaker 4: What was that first reunion like once you were done and dusted with the show.
Speaker 5: Well, we had sex. No, I was too freaking tired. I was like, I'm moaning your ears. Do it yourself, babe.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, No, he was.
Speaker 5: He's just a sweetheart. He's a trooper. He held down the fort. The house was clean, and he cooked me dinner. And I'm really really happy, so sick as it sounds, he's my best friend.
Speaker 2: I couldn't deal without him. And yeah, I'm just very lucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, that is cute. I'm gonna make me cry.
Speaker 7: You're the real winner.
Speaker 3: You've got your boyfriend. Well, you don't need a crown. Well, listen, I feel it was an absolute pleasure to watch you. You are so good. Wait, Mitch, you gotta ask Hannah our question we ask every guest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to say, don't wrap this shit up too soon. That's a bit premature, Dalla. We like to ask every guest we have on the show the same question. We get them to contribute to our list of things better than drugs and dick Yes and the reason that that list exists is just to remind any young listeners that we have that, hey, there's more to life than partying, and boys don't get obsessed.
Speaker 1: There's little things in life you can appreciate.
Speaker 4: So Foe for the example, she gave her something better than drugs and dick is a twelve dollar k Mart sushi maker, Aubrey said, freshly cut toenails. Yuri Guy said a hangover day in bed. Mini Cooper said her, Hey, you account watching Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.
Speaker 3: So she didn't say she yelled it. She was very yelly that episode. She was like, I have now.
Speaker 2: It's your delivery.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's all on the delivery, but it's very hot, very hot. Many what do you want to add to the list things better than drugs and dick?
Speaker 5: There is so many one things better than drug syndic But the thing that I you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Say, the Wizard of Oz Oh, and preferably if you get yourself a DVD player and watch it on DVD because you can get all the bonus features and learn about the Wizard of Oz because it's such a magical place. And I think that shaped me a lot because I like to escape into the fantasy realm.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I always think when I step into Drag it's like coming out of the door into Oz and being overthing in color and fabulousness. Yeah, so it's my safe space. When I feel down, I go and watch the Wizard of Oz. So that's my my addition.
Speaker 3: At that list.
Speaker 1: Oh do you know what I noticed?
Speaker 4: So because a friend of mine put on Wizard of Oz recently and they had like a super HDTV and like when you watch it on high quality, I was like, fuck me, this set looks real cheap, doesn't it? Like you got to watch it on a small screen otherwise the magic is bloody ruined.
Speaker 5: Yeah, small screen DVD because there's actually quite There was so many things that happened on prisons, like like Judy Garland, she was like constantly on drugs up and down as the tin Man paint that they used on him initially like nearly killed him.
Speaker 1: Really, wasn't there.
Speaker 3: The rumor of someone hanging in the tree in the background in one of the shots.
Speaker 5: Yet one of the Munchkins, there was a whole that the Lion's fuit like apparently nearly killed the actor as well.
Speaker 3: Oh, my god, it's a horror horror film.
Speaker 5: Oh and the Wicked Witch when she comes down to the ground to get all the flames and stuff, she got like severely burnt.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. We're adding all this trauma to the list of things better than drugs.
Speaker 3: And prerogatives Tanna's choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look at something.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 2: Oh you're welcome, Garlands. Love you can't wait to see.
Speaker 1: Suit love you.
Speaker 3: All right. It's been a long couple of weeks, but five long last. The winner of Drag Race down Under season two, the one and only Spanky Jackson. Hello, Spanks, Hello.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. Hi guys, excuse my voice.
Speaker 6: They sound like a horse at the moment, but it's better than being called a horse.
Speaker 7: But I call as well.
Speaker 4: I've had that same problem the last few weeks. Did you have a big weekend after celebrating the win.
Speaker 6: No, Like I've had a throat problem before I went on tour, like I was like on tour by myself and of course singing through it. And of course the doctor had said, look, if you push it too hard, you're going to end up with laryngitis. And I think that's where I'm at unfortunately, so.
Speaker 1: You're talking come back soon.
Speaker 4: Isn't it such unhelpful advice when they say just rest the voice, and it's like, you need the fucking voice.
Speaker 1: You can't just threaten it.
Speaker 6: It's not that easy, right, Oh, are we allowed to swear much?
Speaker 4: Be like?
Speaker 7: Oh good, thanks? Fuck? Because I was like, oh, not at all.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that everyone kept a scribe having you as like the rough queen as well, And did you hear the theory that that was like a tactic of yours going in in week one being a little bit rough with the outfit and then just surprising everyone and redeeming yourself.
Speaker 7: So like it wasn't a tactic at all.
Speaker 6: But I was very like honest with myself before I went, which is like I knew exactly what my critiques were going to be. You know, they wanted bigger here, they were gonna want stockings, they were.
Speaker 7: Gonna want hips, and I came prepared for that.
Speaker 6: But walking into that workroom, that's exactly why I chose the dress that I did, was because I wanted to give people exactly what they knew of Spanky. And the people that know me know that I wear no pants and my bum's hanging out, and I wanted to go and being the queen that I originally am. But this is a proc this and we're all there to learn and grow, and you know, that's how I looked at this experience. So I came prepared and when they asked for it, I gave it to them.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 4: And because as someone like me who doesn't know anything about makeup, I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: I could never do drag. I'm so bad with that. I was looking at you, going, why does everyone keep calling her ruff?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: She looks bloody great to me?
Speaker 4: And there was some things so I don't want to like suck up your ass too much, but there was just something captivating about you. It didn't matter about the fashion, Like I was just drawn to you. You just like you had everyone by the balls every time you performed.
Speaker 3: Well that's why I Rue love Spanky so much. Right, Like Rue even said that he's like, I don't know what it is, but I'm addicted to this queen. And that's how the whole audience felt.
Speaker 6: Oh it's it's insane, Like I never expected to probably be in the final, like I thought for sure, like I had a lot of issues with outfits and getting things finished, and clearly they didn't get finished, and I like nearly pulled out. So really, like a week and a half before I was supposed to leave, I nearly pulled out because I was like, I just can't embarrassed myself like this.
Speaker 7: But I was like.
Speaker 6: This may never happen again for me, and I have to just go, and you know, balls to the wall. And I knew I had the talent. I knew I could ace the challenges. Okay, maybe not a sewing challenge, let's be fair. But it was so bad that it was good. But yeah, I mean, it's just been a dream. Really, it's been a dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would have been a shame if you pulled out. How did one even go about pulling out? Like, I have a feeling that even if you tried to pull out, they wouldn't let you. They'll be like, no, bitch, you're doing it.
Speaker 6: I'm sure it's not the first time you've pulled out, Mitchell.
Speaker 3: You've done your research, Spanky. It shows quite clearly. I know you, b Spanky. I want to know because you revealed in your JAFFA podcast chat. I mean, they're not even podcast chats anymore, the Jaffa chats that you haven't the midway through the episode that you're a childcare worker. Have any of the kids seen you ever in Drag? Have they seen the show? Do they know you're on it?
Speaker 6: I love that, So I tried to keep it very separate from the kids because I also don't feel like it's my place to to, you know, teach children about that. But I had already one house of drag and some of the kids had been given a magazine at school that I happened to be in the center, and they all came in and they were like, oh my god, Like, what the heck you look?
Speaker 3: Did you look like a hoe?
Speaker 6: I was just wearing like a sequin dress. But I've actually had lots of messages from the parents and from from some of the kids, and it's, yeah, it's overwhelming. It was one of the highlights of my life. And unfortunately I just finished up because my schedule they're just too crazy, and I it is one of the absolute highlights of my life was being able to be the surrogate fairy godmother and just bring joy and laughter and teach them to it's okay to you know, screw up and be you and live your dreams. And if you want to be a cat, be a cat. I don't care, like, just do it like And to be able to be living proof of everything that I spoke and for them to see me the love is just honestly so touching, and I'm so grateful for the time that I help with their kids and and the support of their pearents.
Speaker 4: I actually did kind of get the sense that you were a bit overwhelmed with like all the attention after having won.
Speaker 1: Is it a bit full on?
Speaker 4: Because I saw you saying, oh, I'm trying to get back to you with all the messages of it been a bit much.
Speaker 6: It's like, I think it's just part of my personality. It's like the messages and love and support and it's like people took the time to write me a message, you know, And I don't want to be a personal like I'm too famous now that I can't reply to you. I'm absolutely nobody. Like I'm nobody. I'm just the contestant in a show who happened to win a crown. And it's like, if people are going to take time out of the day to reply, you know, send me a message of support or love.
Speaker 7: It's like the least I can do is try and reply and just say thank you or you know, and.
Speaker 6: Reading the messages just makes me like I didn't expect to touch people the way that I have, And it was always part of my life that I was destined for something else, and I didn't know it was going to be this, But I really wanted to change the world in some small way by just being me and just being there.
Speaker 7: I've managed to do that.
Speaker 3: Spanky, what happened after the first episode? You were in the bottom essentially almost went home? Did that shake you because you went on to win the bloody thing? But watching it as a whole over eight weeks, you can see your trajectory, But being in it, I imagine that was different. Being in the bottom in episode one would have thrown you.
Speaker 7: I'd imagine it didn't throw me, It fuelled me.
Speaker 6: I knew that the throwing, or that challenge in particular, was definitely a weakness, but I knew that the rest were all strengths, So I didn't expect that to be the first challenge up either, So I thought I would have been able to show some of what I had, which would have helped me get through that challenge. And unfortunately it was first and it's the way it was. But I knew that I could nail the lip sync. I like, that's what I do. So it definitely I did think it was over, and I was like, oh my god, I'm going to be that girl who goes on first, which is a horrible position to go home. You don't get to show any of who you are what you can do. It's just based on you know, that's how the cards fall. And yeah, it was definitely an emotional day and I got very emotional about it, but I pushed on through, and I mean it would have been like recent for since hed a huge mistake because hello here I am.
Speaker 4: It's a good thing you didn't go home first, because everyone probably would have written you off, being like, oh, you can see her black panty too.
Speaker 1: That's why they sent Foe for her home.
Speaker 4: Large in part, but thank god you suck around because I feel like everyone fell in love with you could do with the unproblematic one. So I imagine that there's no point in asking if you were happy with your edit, because you know you're at it with sick. Everyone fell in love with you do you Reckon? There were anyone that was done dirty, like who do you Beckon? Got the roughest treatment on the show.
Speaker 7: I think Hannah probably got a rough edit.
Speaker 6: We didn't get to see half of her hilarity, Like if there was one.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, she goes, you missed all my funny bit.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 6: She We were persing ourselves the whole season and they didn't really get to show her hilarious. And honestly, that girl is hysterical and she I mean, we had to be separated at one point for one of the challenges because we were just passing ourselves so hard and they were like, shut up, you two them. We were just laughing and then she'd like walk past the door like and we just fucking lose it all over again. So if there was somebody that probably got done dirty, it's her that we didn't get to see enough of the beautiful, hilarious person that she is.
Speaker 1: Had you met Hanna before the show?
Speaker 7: No? I hadn't, But.
Speaker 6: Hannah had watched House of so she knew who I was. I knew who she was, and then her and new boyfriend had been watching it just before she came. And yeah, so she knew who I was and what I could do. But yeah, just headed off right away with that girl.
Speaker 7: She is a.
Speaker 6: Legend and so polished and finished and amazing and so incredible and just like a dream fairy prince here say, like if some kid got there at Christmas, that'd be bloody stoked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She was definitely one of my favorites, as well as Gury. I mean, we've got to talk about Bloody Urine. How adorable he is?
Speaker 1: Is he actually going to come over for Chris Smith? You reckon?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 7: I mean we actually were just talking.
Speaker 6: He was at my hotel on the weekend and we were talking about because there's probably a move on the cards for you, for both of us, and we were talking about moving in together to Australia, Yeah, to Melbourne, and we were talking about moving in together. So yeah, a family Christmas could be on the cards. Won't this year, but could be next.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that would be the most fun place to have a house party with you two.
Speaker 1: That is amazing.
Speaker 7: We'd have bottles of booze on the tree. It'll be perfect.
Speaker 3: Or an orgy. I mean, that'd be hot, well, eat access all the time, ready to go.
Speaker 4: I got to say you really bagged out your hometown, Parmasan North quite a bit.
Speaker 1: But I'd never heard of the place.
Speaker 4: I went and gave it a bit of a Google and it actually looked fucking lovely. I was picturing an absolute shithole. Is there a part of you that actually loves it?
Speaker 7: Oh? I absolutely froth from my hometown. I do. That's where I grow up, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: It's not you know, I think it doesn't have all of the like the new mod cons and like the stuff that I'm used to from living in a big city. It just doesn't. So when you go from the big city and come back here, it's like, oh God, really, Like I can't even get over eats past ten pm, you.
Speaker 7: Know what I mean, Like stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's Parmesan North doesn't have everything, but it is one of the most beautiful cities in New Zealand. And it's the people of Parmisteron North that make it incredible. Now, the most warm, open, kind and loving people that you'll even meet. Okay, yeah, you're still going to get some precks.
Speaker 3: But you get there are everywhere.
Speaker 6: But the thing is, it's the people of parmas North that make Palmi so grave.
Speaker 1: Is there much of a queer thing there.
Speaker 6: To be fair then, wasn't. I mean, we used to have a couple of nightclubs back in the day. They've kind of disappeared. But we literally just had New Zealand's biggest drag festival here Wow, which was supposed to.
Speaker 7: Be part of but I was away and we lived.
Speaker 6: Because many Cooper was here, Yuri was in a Karen from finance Peter, and it was here in Pami. So we are definitely becoming a melting pot for drag and it's a fabulous thing.
Speaker 1: I love that. No, it actually looked gorgeous and it's nice to head back home.
Speaker 4: Occasionally. I find the same with my hometown. It's like, Okay, I don't want to live here for ever, but it's got a place in my heart, you know.
Speaker 7: Oh one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: It's like I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for like my time here and the roughness and the growing up here. You know, I think that that's who that's what made me me today, And I've always just kind of carried Pami with me, and like you say, it is nice to come home there's something comforting about coming back to the streets you grew up in and now coming back with a crown. I mean, babes, you'll see me at the wall. I'm just going to be shopping at CAMA. I'll be like, hey, babes, hey.
Speaker 1: Is it heavy? That thing that you've got on your head right now? Is that the actual crown they gave you.
Speaker 6: It's not the actual crown. It's a replacement crown. But I will get the crown, hopefully soon. And I tell you what, I'm gonna wear it around them with no pants on, and I'm going to pop back a dart and just have a wine where it arrives.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is brilliant.
Speaker 4: Another question about the prize, by the way, I know that they said you get a year's supply of Anastasia Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: What the fuck does that actually mean? Like, is it all you can eat? You? It's used as much as you can and they keep feeling new after a gift card.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I haven't received it yet, but they just messaged me about my foundation colors and stuff. I did make some specific requests because we used a lot of their products while we were on the show, which are brilliant, you know. I mean, I'm stoked and for Drag Queen to win a year's supply, Hello, Mama is happy, and so will my friends be as well, because anything that's beige I can't wear because I'm just too pretty for it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Now, She'll be diving to the question we ask every guest, Mitchell, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do this to every guest. And I don't know if any of the other queens have told you, Spanky, but we ask our all our guests, not just the Drag Race Debrief queens, but any guests we have on the show. We have a list of things better than drugs and dick because we have a lot of young listeners who were focused on both drugs and dick and yes they can be fun, but there's more to life than those two things. So, Mitch, what are some examples that we've had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so with just a little thing in life that you appreciate.
Speaker 4: So Faux first said her twelve dollar k Mat sushi maker yesterday, Hannah Condo said the Wizard of Oz, which is her comforting like Yeah, Molly pop and said burger shake and fries. Beverly Kill said, pre preparing your hangover, like getting all the essentials you need for when you wake up.
Speaker 3: Yep, prepping.
Speaker 7: Okay, she's only twenty one.
Speaker 6: She doesn't know what I hangover as.
Speaker 4: I was thinking that, Oh yeah, it could be anything like fresh bed linen.
Speaker 6: Oh babes, it has to be CAVEC like, honestly, come on, guys, better than drugs and sticks or drugs and deck is KFC because you still get to suck on something, but you don't have the after taste after.
Speaker 3: There's no shame in swallowing at all.
Speaker 7: Right right or dropping skin into your boots for later.
Speaker 1: You know that's what's your go to casey order.
Speaker 6: Oh everything. It's quite a meming, really double seeing a burger ultimate Burger meal with a wack of wings pack and another large chips and you need a big thing a gravy as well. It's been a fun with friends an order like three family packs and we will demolish it because I'm a big bitch.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so coming to visit you in Uri for CAFC.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, wait, could you if I made a CAFC Christmas tree and I just hadn't a ring on it?
Speaker 7: It'd be so.
Speaker 3: Popcorn chicken instead of bables. Yeah right, totally long May you rain, Spanky Jackson. Congratulations, Queen, Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: It just means the world to me.
Speaker 6: And I'm just so grateful to be standing here and to be standing with two incredible queens like Queen and Hannah as well, but some of the best dragged talent in Australasia, and I couldn't be more proud to represent all of us.
Speaker 7: So thank you so much. Guys.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, thank you. We're absolutely thrilled for you.
Speaker 7: Mitchell.
Speaker 6: I absolutely love your videos and I love the ones about your sister's baby clacked me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't realize you'd seen me for Oh thank.
Speaker 7: You Mitchell babes. I've been watching you for a while and.
Speaker 1: I wow, I'm flatted.
Speaker 7: You're so funny.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks Darling.
Speaker 7: See you guys. Thank you.
Speaker 3: She's fucking funny, isn't she what. I'd love to get a drink with Spanky Jackson, and by the sounds of it, she would too same.
Speaker 4: I'm just still a bit blushed at the fact that she already knew who I was going into this interview.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that she knew me.
Speaker 3: She was looking at me, and I will say, I have made one video about my sister in twenty twelve, so I do it might be me. We don't know, We really don't.
Speaker 1: No, there was definitely a plural. She said, I love your videos now, shit, so it's you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well take it.
Speaker 1: I'm so tough. Spanky is an absolute icon. Isn't she just a hoot?
Speaker 3: She's so funny and guys, she's so hot. She was wearing the crown that she was given, well the interim crown, and she looked gorgeous. I don't know what she's done with her makeup, but she's changed a few things up and she looked stunning.
Speaker 4: I think that she was just brilliant, and I'm glad it was her. I'm sure everyone deserved to win, but you know, I'm happy with that winner. I'll go two key with in a row.
Speaker 3: And when are people going to realize that that's what RuPaul likes. All these queens that come on like, you know, I don't want to use Beverly an example, but she's what's coming to mind. I'm fierce, I can lip sing, I can split. That's not actually what RuPaul wants to see and that's not who he wants to win. He wants to like laugh and belly laugh and look at a hooker on stage. She said it many times.
Speaker 4: Did you notice in that that final lip think that they did spanking.
Speaker 1: Jackson's whole thing is like not wearing pants.
Speaker 4: And yet it was the other two, Queen Kong and Hannahconda, that at one point during the dance like dropped their skirts and just had the pants on underneath so they could dance around.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's like an old trick for Spanky. She didn't need to pull that card.
Speaker 3: No she didn't. But she won. She's got the cash, she's got the makeup, and she's got the crown. And I will say, we had a great, great time doing Drag Race Debrief. This has been real fun.
Speaker 1: I've loved this book club of ours.
Speaker 3: It has been a bit book club esque, hasn't it a bit of a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. But we're done here at Drag Race Debrief. Who knows Season three hasn't been renewed yet. We're in cahoots with Stan and they are as soon as they know, will know, and we'll let you know if we're back. But You can catch us for the main episode, of course, every Monday on the main feed for Is It Just Me?
Speaker 4: For the main Is It Just Me isn't going anywhere, but yes, ourside hustle drag race debrief is done and dusted for now.
Speaker 1: It's been a who idiots, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Guys, We'll see you next season thea Is It Just Me? A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 3: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.