Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 1: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany.
Speaker 2: I'm Mitch, and this is our radio show. It is our Saturday morning radio show where we bundle up all the best bits, all the science and judices and storncy stuff, and we bring it to you every week.
Speaker 1: We did have our live show this week. It was an absolutely wild week and we had so many amazing guests on that show. One of them we brought back into the radio show today, m Carey, the girl that fell from the sky, because her story is just it doesn't matter how many times I hear it. It hits hard and deep every single time.
Speaker 3: Oh she was telling it backstage in the green room like of the live show. I had never heard us story. Sorry, and the things that happened to that girl like that she was with an instructor overseas as well, like if it happened in Australia, there'd be some level of comfort, but she was overseas when this happened.
Speaker 2: Totally away from her family, away from her friends. We interviewed her obviously at the live show, but then we love her story so much we wanted to get them onto the radio show this morning, so we have a little snippet from m We're also talking about weddings because we know it's wedding season, and obviously I've told you all that I'm getting married in four weeks time, but there's been there's been a few problems that have gone down in the last couple of weeks in terms of my wedding. And I also came across a very funny story about a woman who has had a monumental failure when it's come to her cake.
Speaker 1: And we're going to speak to a clairvoyant. Now, I love speaking to clairvoyan's because I don't know if I believe it or not.
Speaker 2: I don't believe.
Speaker 3: She's all predicted.
Speaker 1: Do we think she was an actual clairvoyance? I, yes, I do, but I still don't know if I believe in the whole idea of a clairvoyant.
Speaker 2: Okay, well the idea is I don't know if you guys have seen, but there's a new TV show that's coming out this weekend and that is The Traders. It's on Channel ten. We had Chloe come in. She's the Clairvoyant. She's saying she's not a trader. We kind of get the feeling that she is. But that and so much more is all coming up on the show now spoiler.
Speaker 3: It's the Life un Cut radio show around Australia. Britney Hockley and Laura Burn still buzzing on a high after are your first ever live shows in Sydney this week? Well done, ladies. It was so great.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: It was wild. It was wild.
Speaker 3: You're a bit tipsy, I think.
Speaker 1: Do you know what somebody said to me after, Oh how funny you are so tipsy. It was funny to see you like that. And I said, Volcano, that's that's just me. I'm not tipsy's sober as a judge?
Speaker 3: Were you actually are too?
Speaker 1: No, that's just I just turned it on. That was just that's just normal Britneys.
Speaker 2: You know. We had some incredible speakers on the night, and there was one woman who we spoke to, Em Kerry. She is somebody who we've had on the podcast before. Her story is phenomenal, so em basically, I mean, she's the girl who fell from the sky. But what happened to her is she jumped out of an aeroplane with a parachute on and her parachute never opened and she plummeted into the ground and the whole room, the whole audience, there was one two hundred people in that auditorium and they all you could just hear the silence, you could just hear the hush when she was speaking. And we wanted to get her on the radio because her story is just so incredible. She's also just brought out a book, The Girl who Fell from the Sky. Let's get em on the phone.
Speaker 3: MT And now Hello and welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hello, thanks for having me. M.
Speaker 1: Your story is just an extraordinary story of resilience and courage and hope and rebuilding yourself from the lowest of lows. Give us just a quick summary. I mean, we just literally told everyone you felt from the sky, but that moment that you were plummeting and you realized that your parachute wasn't going to open. What was going through your mind?
Speaker 5: I was just terrified. I thought for sure I was about to die. There was no doubt in my mind. I mean, I didn't think it was possible to survive.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 5: So I was just terrified. And I remember thinking just how much I wanted to live, which seems really obvious, right, but up until that moment, I'd just never taken a second to really think about that, just how much I still wanted to do and just how much I didn't want to die in that moment, and so it really just changed my whole perspective of life after surviving and.
Speaker 2: What was the injuries that you sustained from the fall?
Speaker 5: So when I landed on the ground, I tried to get up to go and find help because we were in the middle of nowhere, And when I tried to stand up, I realized I was completely paralyzed from the waist down. So once I got to hospital, they found out that I had a spinal cord injury at l one and I was now a paraplegic.
Speaker 1: What gets me is you just said you hit the ground and you thought I need to go get help. How were you still conscious? Because I would have thought hitting free falling from that heighting in the ground and a minimum you would have been knocked out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I was awake for all of it, but I remember the fall and landing and the moment I realized that I was paralyzed with perfect clarity, which obviously wasn't a great thing to live through and not a great memory to have, But I think being awake for it actually really helped me, because I have the very vivid memory of how it feels to think I'm about to die, and so since then I just try not to waste a single moment because I know how lucky I am, and I know how much there is that I still want to do, so in a way that I'm kind of glad that I was awake for it.
Speaker 2: Your story is one of such resilience and strength, and I mean part of your story is that you did learn to walk again. What was that experience like when you had to go from being in a wheelchair to learning to teach yourself how to walk again. How did that change you as a person.
Speaker 5: I mean, I constantly just felt so lucky, So I was living in a spinal world where everyone had a spinal cord injury. Most people were quadriplegic so couldn't move from the neck down, and a lot of people from the waist down. And I'm pretty sure I was the only one who was getting any kind of movement back. So I just felt so a mix between grateful and guilty because we were all doing the exact same thing. We were all just as the term and positive and resilient as each other. Yeah, just by pure chance and the way that my spinal cord was injured enabled some movement to come back to me, I just feel very very lucky.
Speaker 1: Well, you're an incredible woman. If anybody does want to hear more of M's story, you can. I mean, we did a whole podcast episode with M on Life on Card podcast. You've also just released your book, which is an incredible book. It is a Girl that Fell from the Sky that you can get anywhere you get good bookstores and obviously they can find you on Instagram. Thanks for having me, guys, Thank you so much. Em You're amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, no, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Then, carry everybody all right, ladies, there's some things in life that we all sort of struggle with and as adults or all adults on the raise your hand if you're an adult in the studio. Yeah, one, two, three. There are some things that we all struggle with, things that you just can't accomplish as an adult. They could be embarrassing. But we're going to take some calls and there's something that Britney Hockley has done that it's worrying as a friend of hers.
Speaker 1: Just one thing or no, the list is long.
Speaker 3: We'll unpack it next.
Speaker 1: Ladies, we're all adults in the room right, safe to sactionable, disputable.
Speaker 2: The age would imply so, but some of the things that go on would suggest otherwise.
Speaker 1: Like their life on cart live show that we recently had that was that was very questionable.
Speaker 2: I feel like we were very adulting. We talked about very adult things like you know, sex positions.
Speaker 1: Mins during gyrating around on the ground with Maddie J.
Speaker 3: That's the most adult thing I've ever done. J's ankles around my ears.
Speaker 1: You know what I thought? We didn't ask you how were your quodes?
Speaker 3: Laura and I?
Speaker 1: You do some serious squad, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: I ever. Yeah, very impressive footage.
Speaker 3: You'll go online somewhere, I'm sure pornhubs probably, that's where it should be.
Speaker 2: If anyone wants to sign up to Mitch's Only Fans, we'll give you the details after this.
Speaker 3: The only reason I bring it up is because, yes, we're all adults, and we all do the show here every every weekend. We're in studio, and I had an experience with pretty luckily that baffled me. I don't know if you've had this experience, Laura, but we on to what a cab charge is right.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I don't like using them because I find them quite hard to download from the emails.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well no, this was a physical cab charge, Oh, a real one, like an old school card, a credit card.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the business gave it to us because we had to go to a presentation, very fancy thing. And I came in one cab, Brick came in the other, and she was like five minutes late, ten minutes late, twenty minutes late, and she said, I'm here. Where where could she possibly be? Where are you you at the venue? She went, No, I'm here, I'm stuck in the taxi.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, hang on, I had a physical cab charge and I had a cab charge in my emails.
Speaker 2: I had two cab chives. Right, it's you could pay for it twice then. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So firstly, I didn't realize the physical cab charge was a physical cab charge. It was just like I thought it was like a receipt or something. I don't know what. I don't know. I have a lot of taxis.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: So first of all, I didn't pay. I got out of the taxi. She left like an uber, you know when you order an uber and it pays online. So I just got out to walk away, and he called me like he was like, oh, yeah, pay for this. Yeah, you're doing a runner. And I was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: This is where I walk in because Britney's ass is hanging out of the taxi and her torso is in. She's leaning in to this man and.
Speaker 1: You could see that it was a kerfuffle and it just like is everything okay here? And the man's like, well, no, this woman is trying to do a runner. And I was like, I'm not. I'm trying to work out how to pay. I said to me, I got a cab charge. I'm just trying to pay. I was trying to do it online, right, So I just hand the guy on my phone lock locks, as if he knew a buss coast. And then and then I didn't understand what happened. And then mit, she's I said, I've got a cab charge. Women. She was like, well, open it up. So I went into my email and I opened to the email and I gave him the email and he's like, what she.
Speaker 2: Said, I don't need to write tinerary did?
Speaker 1: Then I tried to add it to my wallet, which is like press download. I put it in my wallet, still didn't know how to click it open tried. I was like, I was getting really flustered.
Speaker 3: Do you have air drop? He's like, I'm a taxi driver, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: So Mitch like reefed me out by my undies because my butt's still hanging out, reefed me out, took my phone, dealt with the situation, and then he had to take me inside, sit me down, and teach me how to use a cab charge. I was like, wow, how have I made thirty twenty eight years? There's always without using without using a cab charge, and I was like, what are the things that people getting too at this point in their life where you really should know how to do it, but you don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you say that you couldn't use a cab charge, which makes me want to pick a bone with you. Because we had the live show this week, part of like keeping track of what was happening on stage, we had a scared in a time that we had to kind of follow. I am very bad, very very bad at reading analog clocks. It takes me far longer than what it should to look at it, process it and figure out what the time is. I'm all about digital clocks. It's efficient, it's I can get that straight away. I needed someone to bring us some sort of time device so that when you were time was. They brought out an analog clock and put it next to the speaker and I was like, sorry, guys, I can't read that. And I could see from Brittany Hockley's face that she thought I was an idiot. But at least I know how to.
Speaker 1: Use a cap job like, you know what, I didn't think you're an idiot, but what it was just funny. We're going on we're going live in like one minute, and lord, here's the clock. They're like, here's your time, and Laura's I'm sorry, sir, I can't use it. You're gonna have to go and get me digital clock. And I was like, Laura that we got twenty seconds left. We've got a clock. It's fine, you don't need it. She was, I can't tell that time. And I was like, okay, I'll tell the time. You don't have to have a freak out with in tennant.
Speaker 3: You know what it showed because we were we were an out half like show.
Speaker 2: Can't just say that. I don't think it matters if you're an adult or not. There are plenty of things, plenty of things that you should be able to do as an adult, but they're just too hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what do you struggle with adults out there? Give us a call. Maybe you can't pay bills, be pays hard. Maybe you can't cook or even drive. My partner can't drive me.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can't put a fitted sheet on a bed by yourself. Bloody hate that one too.
Speaker 3: It's universal. No one can do that, of course. Thirteen one oh six five. We'll get you on the air at the lifelone cut radio show next talking adulting that you can't.
Speaker 2: Do the really hard hitting things. Often for us it's talking, which is a real shame since it's our job.
Speaker 3: We're paid to talk. Can we struggle? Sometimes Sometimes we just stare at each other and the MIC's around and we just go, who's going to speak?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I thought I thought that was the intimacy challenge. I didn't know who were doing that.
Speaker 3: We've got Carly on thirteen one oh sixty five. What can't you do as a fully grown adult? High?
Speaker 4: Oh, hi, guys. So I'm a fully grown adult and I tend to put my underwear on inside out, like minimum three times a week.
Speaker 1: Carlie, I do that too, and sometimes I put it on you know how. Sometimes you put a g string on. If it goes on sideways, it doesn't fit properly. I'll put on sideways.
Speaker 2: So it's like, so you put the philosophy at the wrong side, sometimes side the inside the wrong crack.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the plospit goes around the side. Clearly, I'm with you on this. I'm an adult and I can't be maundwear either.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's hard. I haven't told you. The best part though, so you might think, oh, maybe this girl's you know good a lock going on, or you know, quite good.
Speaker 3: Sorry I didn't.
Speaker 4: I am a very senior lawyer, and there's just no excuse. So I should you know, I'm married, I own property at a very serious job. I'm just walking around with inside out underwear most days.
Speaker 2: Someone that they've come in for a very important law case and you're like, yes, sorry, melanes are inside out today everything else is going on.
Speaker 1: I can't take you care, sorry, Rachel and.
Speaker 3: Thirteen one O six five. What can't you adult?
Speaker 5: I can't better a piece of bread, so without creating holes and the bredge.
Speaker 2: It needs to be more toasted. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Just bread, not toasted bread.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a bread.
Speaker 1: I think it's a technique. I think it's the bread. You don't blame that. You don't blame them with, Rachel. More spreadable butter.
Speaker 3: No even on toast. Sometimes you've got a crisp bit of wonder why and cold butter rips that. Or it flattens it, right, Rachel, it flattens the fluffiness.
Speaker 1: Rachel. I, in all honesty, I was just on the other side of the fence there, But I have never been able to butter bread without putting a hold in it either.
Speaker 2: I just think you guys need a bit of Western star spreadable.
Speaker 1: You're just doing it wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, not all of us can afford the low pad quickly, all right, I'm thirteen one six five? Talk to us? What kin you do?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Adult?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: I'm an adult and I can't blow my nose?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: I think it?
Speaker 4: I guess I just swallowed.
Speaker 3: God, you're a child?
Speaker 1: Are you snort all day? Every day? It'suck your nose up?
Speaker 2: I can still blow my nose though, that's very true. I do snort all the time, just not on mind.
Speaker 5: What happens when you go to do my nose all day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you what do you try to do? Try to blow it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: What does it sound like it comes out in my math?
Speaker 1: Do you just mean like it grosses you out that you can't bring yourself to do it, or you don't understand how to do it?
Speaker 5: I don't understand how to do it. See, growing up, we always try to costs of swam out.
Speaker 2: Oh have you ever been to the doctors about this?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 6: A right?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: It's nice to know that the listeners have the same issues as us. It's just universal, right.
Speaker 1: Do you know what else it is? You know when I reckon everyone? You know when you to go to use your microwave and you don't actually know how to put the time in, so you just press the thirty seconds off.
Speaker 2: Everyone Ryan has twenty buttons. It's so unnecessary.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, it's been a crazy week. Did you know there was the pink full moon. It was a weird moon. Week explains, Yeah, it's been weird. Mercury's just come out of retrograde, but there's like four other planets in retrograde. A lot of people have been confessing and regretting deep dark secrets. So we are doing confessions next. It's our listeners have sent us some of their deepest, darker secrets. We're going to read them out.
Speaker 1: I love that they think that the pink full moon is going to excuse them or absolve them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's got something. There's been something in the air or in the moon recently.
Speaker 2: Don't you think girls like pink moon, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes, this wild big moon that everyone, including Kyle Sandlans has been making some pretty wild confession Yeah, I saw that on.
Speaker 3: The Kyle and Jackiyosha. He claimed that because of the pink Moon he was going crazy on here, which is not an excuse me.
Speaker 2: I don't think that that had anything to do with the pink Moon. I think he just might have had a few things he wanted to get off his chest from his childhood.
Speaker 1: No, but there is something that I read online and it is wild. I want to tell you always it's not confession confessions. Okay, this is a summary. A woman decided she was adopted. She didn't know her background. Her partner, long term fiance, was also adopted. So they were like, let's do an ancestry chatz, let's find out where we're from. They sent it away, it came back. She opens the letter and she found out that they are directly related. They are cousins, and they were both adopted out in the when they were young. They found their way back and she said, she said, it makes sense because people always used to say we look alike. You know how people say you date people you look like. Now the crazy part is she knows this now they've been together for five years. They love each other, she knows that they are cousins and she.
Speaker 3: Said, still hasn't I'm not going to tell.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell my filance. What do you think about that? Is that wild?
Speaker 2: So she knows and he doesn't know.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know.
Speaker 3: It's just like, isn't it crazy that we have the same nose shape and eyes shaped? Baby? It's so perfect?
Speaker 2: How do you?
Speaker 1: How do you navigate that? I think that for me, I'm like, you've got to tap.
Speaker 3: Out of that.
Speaker 2: Do you have to? I mean, people marry their cousin. It's not illegal, it is illegal talking. No, I'm pretty sure that you can marry your first cousin. Someone to google second cousin, Mary.
Speaker 3: Missy, can you get that info? You can't do your first cousin second cousin if that talk? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I think Okay, I'm pretty sure and I won't want to name names, but I know someone who is married to their first cousin.
Speaker 1: Laura, Laura, you can, you can.
Speaker 3: I'm not making versions. It's not my family.
Speaker 1: Can you believe what is happening at our quaky?
Speaker 2: If I was in a loving relationship. If I was in a loving relationship, I'd been with the partner for five years. I had no idea no idea. And then we were engaged and I found out that I was related to them, I'd probably still get married to them.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to check with producers. He Okay, so I've just done a quick google.
Speaker 7: This is for Australian law because it does vary across the world. But Australian law prohibits flood relatives from marrying, and this includes adopted as well as children. Cousins are not prohibited from marrying one another.
Speaker 2: Cousins can get married.
Speaker 3: So you go on down every care You don't want to be the poster child in this nation.
Speaker 1: Okay, legally, Laura, legally go crazy. Morally you are out of this exactly Morally every other Oh, you're right.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I am.
Speaker 2: Feel happy that they can get married. I'm happy about being right. Really, I've never made out with a cousin. Let me just put that out there. But I am very happy about being right about this. It's also weird that I knew that that was Missy. Delete search history. We don't want you to get fired. All right, more confessions. Let's do another one. Okay, I've got one, Hello, ladies. This is one that was very deep in the archives of my brain and just came to light today. About five years ago, I was in a situation ship with a guy who had a girlfriend. Long story and not my proudest moment, so he was cheating on it with her. Okay, One day he gave me his password for Ticketech to access some tickets he brought us, and I randomly decided to try it for his Instagram with success. For months, I would log into his Instagram and delete all the photos that he uploaded with his girlfriend unlike her posts, and delete all of his comments. He eventually changed his password, but to this day he has no idea that it was me the entire time.
Speaker 1: What a dickhead.
Speaker 2: Imagine your boyfriend constantly deleting all the comments they write about you and unliking your photos and deleting them. You'd be like, why don't you love me anymore?
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny. It's pretty funny because you'd think that your partner's doing it, and you'd be like, what I mean, do they break up?
Speaker 3: Does it?
Speaker 1: Say?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you'd get pretty angry at them. You'd be like, you're being really petty, wouldn't you? Oh?
Speaker 1: God, yeah, all right, I absolutely hate my sister's boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. So every time they come to stay, I steal his toothbrush and I rub it around the toilet bowl.
Speaker 2: No, that's very math circa twenty nineteen, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Look, you are pro cousins getting married. You can't come in with your opinions.
Speaker 2: You don't want a poopy toothbrush anywhere near me, nor to make.
Speaker 1: Out with me.
Speaker 3: Agree to disagree, all right. If you've got a confession you want to admit to us and will absolve you of your sins.
Speaker 2: Tell us your dark, dirty secrets and we'll maybe tell you it's semi fine.
Speaker 3: Clearly the bar as well. Apparently I'll wait for Laura to side with serial killers next week. A lot of wedding talk happening at the moment. Britney's sister Sherry is getting married this coming week, and you're getting married in four weeks.
Speaker 2: Laws, it feels okay, four weeks is so soon, but it feels like it's still a very long way away.
Speaker 3: Oh it is not.
Speaker 1: It's right around the corner, all right.
Speaker 2: But something I haven't shared with you, guys, we've had some true disasters happened recently, we had a wedding planner and things weren't really going to plan.
Speaker 1: Things weren't being planned.
Speaker 3: That's the one job they need to do well.
Speaker 2: They hadn't. There were so many things that we thought had been booked in, we thought had been organized, and they just weren't. So we now, four weeks out from the wedding, are scrambling to get things organized. I only booked in my flowers five days ago.
Speaker 3: Wait did they pull out?
Speaker 2: Well, now, look there's been a few confusing things. I won't go too into it. I don't want to get into trouble and get some sort of lawsuit against me. But we only just got our flowers booked in. We haven't even got transport yet for the guests to get from their hotels to the venue.
Speaker 1: And then then you told where to meet for the bus us not coming.
Speaker 2: We've got to get a bus. But the bus we'll pick you up at some point. Okay, But I'm in all of these wedding chat groups. I'm in the Facebook groups, I'm in the weddshed groups like I'm in them all right, scrambling to try and organize my own wedding. And this story gave me a real sense of comfort because I'm not the only person who at the eleventh hour is like, oh my wedding's very close and things are absolutely not going to plan. This is from a Reddit thread. There is a woman whose mother encouraged her to use a friend to do the wedding cake for her, right right, And she was like, she's a professional baker, she's amazing, and it will be a really it'll be a really nice thing for you to do, for me to use my friend to create your wedding.
Speaker 3: N it's so awkward when a friend or your mom presses you into using another friend.
Speaker 1: It is, but it's also great to take a referral. Like when someone says this is a great person, you're like, Okay, someone I know has used them.
Speaker 2: One hundred pent I'm with you, Bree. If someone said to me, hey, I've got a friend they're an amazing baker, and I thought, wow, that's that one problem solved. Tipped, it's sorted itself out. I just want to show you a photo of the trial cake that was sent to.
Speaker 3: Her from the friend.
Speaker 1: From the friend, okay with it out here, it is Oh god, it looks like a top hat, looks like a hat the queen and web. Yeah, but a hat that was left in Laura's bedroom.
Speaker 2: With me looks like something my children would make it daycare. It looks like it could be a styrofoam cake that is terrible, that's been decorated with a bit of clad glue on.
Speaker 3: It looks like a knob, that's what I look at it.
Speaker 1: You would add.
Speaker 2: After a really good Saturday night.
Speaker 1: You'd absolutely you would cry, wouldn't you. You'd really cry.
Speaker 2: So she showed this to her mum and she was like, oh, I need to get a new person to make the cake for the wedding. And the mum was like, I think it looks beautiful. Just put some flowers on top. Oh no, no, what would you do? How do you break up with your wedding cake? That's my That was just a trial doesn't mean it's going to get any better.
Speaker 1: The trial isn't for the baker. The trial is for the bride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the trial isn't they don't make a cake and then say don't want to, I'll improve it for next time. The trial is them showing you what it's going.
Speaker 1: To look like.
Speaker 3: Oh wait what yeah?
Speaker 1: And then you de sign you got a break up with this, I would one hundred percent eat it. It probably tastes delicious, but I would go and get another one. You have to go. You cannot get married with that cake. It's it's a strong no from me. And then you're probably going to have to divorce your family.
Speaker 2: That bit dramatic, and I feel like I probably don't under do that. I just reckon no more taking advice from your mum.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, good luck with your wedding. I'm sure it'll be fine, and knob cake or not, I'll enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Okay, And even if there's no bus, please just get a taxi and be there on time.
Speaker 1: Starts at three bridg.
Speaker 3: You have uberrex ubrexl. Let's just book it.
Speaker 1: I've got ubber everything. Actually make frequent fly will be said.
Speaker 3: You know someone who might actually be able to tell us if you were he's going to be a success. Laws is Chloe. She's from the new Channel ten show The Traders. She claims to be a clairvoyant, although she might just be a trader, which is the whole plot of the show. So she's here, we're gonna have to tell she's lying to us.
Speaker 2: I'm very suspicious of clavoyance.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm very skeptical, but I'm gonna I reckon we get her to do a reading. I'm going to call it now.
Speaker 3: Great, we'll do it next. Ladies, we all see the promos for that new show on Channel ten. It's premiering tomorrow night, The Traders.
Speaker 2: I am so excited. I love myself a little bit of a murder mystery style.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's very that.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, we have Chloe, who is a clairvoyant from the new show in studio with us. Chloe, Hi, welcome.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 2: We've seen you all over the ADS.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know I have been.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling about the show starting tomorrow?
Speaker 6: I am so excited. I cannot wait for everyone to watch it.
Speaker 1: So Chloe, just give us for anyone that hasn't seen ads, give us like a little summary of what this show is about.
Speaker 6: It's about a group of people playing each other to win a prize. And there's a few traders, and then we have faithfuls and you're trying to work out who is who, and everyone is spreading rumors, lies, deception.
Speaker 1: So it's literally a show like Who's the Best Liar?
Speaker 3: Pretty much, it's like cludo it's like a big game a clue.
Speaker 1: Like remember the mole from years ago? Very good, it's like a mole on steroids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's very similar to that.
Speaker 2: So basically at this point we don't know whether you are a traitor and this and you're trying to because you are a clairvoyant. Part of your spiel, I guess you would say is that because you are very in tune, it wouldn't be of your nature.
Speaker 6: To lie and say that you're not. I know, but you have to watch to see what I do. Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but in my nature I definitely am not. I'm all about the love.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, what is a clanvoyant to start with? Like?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: What do you what do you envisage or how do you read people? Like? What is involved in being a clairvoyant?
Speaker 6: So for me personally as a clairvoyant, the way that I communicate with the spirit world is I receive images in my mind and they show me an image of themselves and then a series of images of the house they lived in, memories, maybe guidance for yourself or your family, things for your future, and then there'll be some verbal communication in my mind as well. So it's really about having a very still mind and receiving things that I shouldn't know.
Speaker 1: So how do you know? Then? So if you get a vision or a spirit that comes and visits you, how do you then associate it with a person? So, for example, one of us in this room right now, how do you know that it goes to this person? They like shout out, I'm here for brit I wish no.
Speaker 6: I kind of we have a little like unwritten code that if I say someone, that spirit has to come in at that time.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sometimes there can be five spirits in my mind just all standing there and then all these images come through.
Speaker 3: I'm buying it.
Speaker 2: I wanted to start with it. I don't know some of the fans I had a theory like that, I think that you're a traitor and that this whole clairvoyant is like that's all part of the game. You're not actually even a clairvoyant, so you don't be part of your tree.
Speaker 6: Oh you have to wait and see. I was like, maybe a reading, I am a clevoyant.
Speaker 2: Oh well, let's let's do that. Then what do you reckon before we do a reading? I want to know what's the craziest thing that's happened to you so far?
Speaker 1: Has any famous spirit ever come to you? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, famous spirits come all the time. What that's just like, that's so much fun. I've had Freddie Mercury. Oh that's weird because I just did a skit as Freddie Mercury.
Speaker 1: Sure maybe is he here right now? Can you call free Mercury right now?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Freddy is all right, let's call him in. Okay. He's coming in with a white singlet on. He's like tapping his hands and he has an instrument in his hand that he's tapping.
Speaker 1: Is he saying anything to me?
Speaker 6: He's just standing on dancing. Really, Freddy was wearing like a gold jacket. Did you do like a dance move with like a jacket on?
Speaker 1: I just yes, I did? Yeah, yeah, I mean I was Freddie. You'd be so proud of me.
Speaker 2: I do you feel that Fury wears gold jackets? It's a bit obscure.
Speaker 1: More, who else has come to you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 6: I've had Princess Diana.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, when there's Princess Diana, I have to say or think about what's just happened the moment she taught.
Speaker 6: I haven't spoken to her since then. Yeah, she loves to come in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, call her in.
Speaker 6: Let's see what she thinks. Okay, all right, she's here. She's giving you all a big hug.
Speaker 1: That was quick, so quick, Oh my god. Friendly.
Speaker 6: She said that everything from this moment is going to change for us. No, no, for the monarchy, and Kate should be very careful.
Speaker 1: You heard it here first, gentlemen watched about Kate.
Speaker 6: Milton, William, will Rise, she's still going, William, all rise.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I want to get a reading for us? Yeah, now that we've seen a little bit of the celebrity side of things, I don't want to see if anything pops into mind for Brittle myself or Mitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, what happens, let's do it in studio reading.
Speaker 6: Who wants to come in first?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we'll go to a break. When we come back, Chloe hear from the traders. So if you missed it, twenty four players. Some are really nice, some of the traders. We're trying to work out if Chloe is sweet or if she's like she says, an actual clairvoyant. We'll do it next Tomorrow night, premiering at seven thirty on Channel ten is the Traders, So quickly how this works? Girls, twenty four contestants. They're all in an old, spooky hotel. It's kind of like a murder mystery, right. There is a group of what they're calling the faithful, so they're the good guys, and then amongst the faithful are the traders. So someone who's trying to ruin the game and win the game for themselves. They're not Yes, they're not who they say they are. And we have one of the contestants with us now, Chloe, who claims to be a clearvoyant.
Speaker 1: Hi, and we're saying claim word.
Speaker 6: Claims be a clearvoyant child, I'm sorry, Oh, you.
Speaker 3: Are trying to Laura before we show.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why I was doing the Google search. I was deep in it. I was trying to find a bit of backstory and I was like, why can't I find more about Chloe? And that is what made me think that maybe the whole thing was a setup. So Chloe, we just got I mean I just got hugged by Princess Diana. I got a kiss from for any mercury. This is like the best day of my life. Can you do a reading for us.
Speaker 1: Now, anything Mitch, Laura, myself, the show. Is there anything coming to right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Well let's pick someone, pick me because I kept feeling ah you Okay, I'll definitely go with you. Okay, So let me just give a moment. I'm just going to connect my energy to you, so one moment. So I just want to tell you in the lower in testin into a dominant it's a little bit white. So I'm just going to see and ask the spirits what that is. If that's something some bacteria there for you to do a cleanse. The microha slent me it might be that mold. I live amongst a lot of mold at the.
Speaker 3: Moment, and she had bow movements are very regular.
Speaker 1: That's true, I can confirm.
Speaker 6: Okay, So it's just some inflammation in your lower intestines. So you are being asked to do a cleanse, even if it's a celery juice cleanse, just to clean that out. Have you been having any.
Speaker 2: Believe laughing at my bowel movements now, listen to us over there chuckling in the It's because I have to go to the bathroom at Britney's house most days and experience it. I say for everyone, this is serious.
Speaker 3: If Chloe was wasn't a real clairvoy and that's a bold move to make a medical diagnosi.
Speaker 6: I mean, my favorite things to do. I've helped a lot of people.
Speaker 3: So you just did, Laura. Why don't we pivot to brit I'm happy for some spirits and.
Speaker 1: Connie is quite low, but I'm feeling something in We'll visit your spirits.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's see what comes through. I'm just going to reconnect connecting. So i have an older female coming through. She's got white hats to hear, it's definitely a grandmother. She's coming through with a beautiful white shirt with floral red flowers. Okay, let's ask her about love. So there's a male with dark brown hair. He's wearing a suit, he's got tan skin. You meet him at the end of next year. It involves water and boats.
Speaker 3: Are you getting to travel?
Speaker 6: You will travel and he will be there.
Speaker 1: He will be there on out. Is it Jason Momoa And.
Speaker 6: He's going to be wearing a blue shirt when you meet him overseas connected to work, So a job that you'll be doing.
Speaker 2: Is he a professional sportsman?
Speaker 6: And you'll meet no he's not a professional, and.
Speaker 3: That's coming through quite clearly too.
Speaker 1: So on a boat to do his work next year, dark skinned blue Shirt.
Speaker 2: I know what's happening. Brittany is the next contestant on the love Boat.
Speaker 6: And you marry him. I marry him, You marry him.
Speaker 3: These are really strong commitments, Chloe.
Speaker 1: I'm very prat have to be.
Speaker 6: You're this twins coming through for you.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, do.
Speaker 2: You have twins in your family?
Speaker 3: No, I've got twins in my family. My dad and my granddad are both twins.
Speaker 5: Are you and I.
Speaker 3: Listen, If you are the Trader, I think we're going to be in for a very fun time. Because that was very convincing.
Speaker 2: I'm not convinced yet. Let me say I still think that I'm fifty percent on the fancier. You could be the Trader.
Speaker 1: I may or may not be.
Speaker 3: Find out The Trader premierees tomorrow night, seven point thirty on What network. Coe is picking up vines Channel ten.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe I'm a psyde kick.
Speaker 3: I got her beg you for coming Onloe, it was a pleasure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: We're back after this at the lifel one Cut Radio show around Australia.
Speaker 1: Can't wait till next year.
Speaker 3: We got to talk the ex boyfriend Files.
Speaker 1: How you find how you have this on hand? Why beyond me?
Speaker 3: Well, I know, Laura, so whenever I can fit it in, I do you really do die?
Speaker 1: I love it at Scully and Molder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it works the files ex boyfriend Files. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if you haven't heard of this, there is a new website. It's been going around and it's been getting attraction in the news lately. And I have some conflicting feelings about this, so it's called the ex boyfriend Files. Now, the ex boyfriend Files is a website. It's kind of like Trip Advisor, but for your ex So if you date it it's only for women, and it's only for CIS women. So if you dated a man who did the dirty on you, treated your bad, broke your heart, ran around with some red flags, you can go on to the ex boyfriend Files. You can put in their name, their age, their location and exactly what they did and it's kind of like a warning system for anybody else who's in that area. They can type in, So if you're looking for you know, David from Bronti type in David Bronti, and it will give you if there's any davids in Bronti, it'll give you the summation of other women's experience with that man.
Speaker 1: So like your red flag, yes, are their photos attached to this?
Speaker 2: No? Photos? And apparently so you can't dox the guy. You can't put down someone's phone number or their address, or you know, their Facebook whatever else, but you can give as much information about your relationship and what they did as you want.
Speaker 1: I don't like this.
Speaker 2: Thank you for stopping that music.
Speaker 3: I felt the moment.
Speaker 1: I think this is really shit. I don't use trip Advisor anyway because I don't trust the review.
Speaker 2: What a Google reviews? Do you do a Google review for a business?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, less, they've asked me. I think this is really shit. You know why people can change? So someone might do something, and people can change. A leopard can change their spots at least once. The other thing is we speak all the time about misinformation and disinformation. You have no weight and off this is real. Somebody could just have an vendettor against somebody else and go on and just write everything they want about them and what someone else is going to go and make a whole life decision based on this gospel.
Speaker 2: I agree, But isn't there just a little part of you when you think about your cheating X from the past that makes you want to be like God. I wish I could warn some women about him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I dated a sociopath and I still wouldn't have put him on there. No, I don't. I'm not about this. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Do you like it, Mitch?
Speaker 3: No, I can see how it can be abused. I think it's harmless. I love trip advice. When you go to a book, say in a hotel, I always look at the real images, you know how the hotel has like the perfect photographed images, and then you got to use the images and then there's cockroaches on the bead.
Speaker 2: What they need to do then is put their like Tinder profile. Yeah, and then the person's user experience.
Speaker 3: Yes, that I can get around. Laura.
Speaker 1: You have some people that hate you out there, right, just like tru do it my ex boyfriends? No, no, no people, I'm just saying anyone. We all do, right. We've all got these little online trolls. We don't know who they are.
Speaker 2: What do you know if someone specifically that I'm not aware of, but what if they.
Speaker 1: Just were, like I hate that Laura Burn girl. I am going to go and put a review about her and say how bad you she cheated on me, she did all the like you don't know them, and then that that sticks like mad. So I'm not about it. I'm pretty sure that's just the Daily mail comments, isn't it. The yeah, I'm not, I'm this is a mitch. I don't know if you have some sound effects there, it's a no from me. What do you need?
Speaker 3: That's easy your hands?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not for it. I'm not endorsing it. I just kind of enjoy that it exists so that I can read it.
Speaker 3: I guess quite like the X Files that it's a mystery.
Speaker 1: It's as maybe I actually go on if you want to go on thirty two from Bondi Bretty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: It's officially called the ex boyfriend List too, the ex Boyfriendly So if you want to google that and have a look, that's week you do.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I did do a quick google and there was mostly the only guys from the States.
Speaker 3: Did you search Mattie J. Yeah, he's fine, he's fine.
Speaker 2: He's got a good track record.
Speaker 3: Okay, had five stars.
Speaker 2: Guys, that's it for us at the end of the show again.
Speaker 1: And until then, you know the drill. Tell your mum, to your dad, tell your dog, two friends, and share the love. Because we love love.
Speaker 5: You're sending you the live on Cut Radio show with Three Hockley and Laura Beth.
Speaker 3: Here it did the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio