Speaker 1: Come on in Hollo.
Speaker 2: There we go and rearing on a happy Tuesday. I just got in a fight, wait with who are fifty cuffs?
Speaker 1: A beeping fight in the car. I'm just going to find a car park.
Speaker 2: I have seen your road rage. I have seen the way you behave when you were to find the wheel.
Speaker 3: You want to know what I I don't get mad often, but if I know I'm in the right and the other person is in the well they're driving a radically or dangerously, then I will have road rage, but I don't get it unwarranted.
Speaker 1: Now listen to this.
Speaker 3: I was in the car park at a big shopping sound like a Westfield, and it was so busy. There was one park left and it was down a one way you could only go one way down, but the park was the second one from the end.
Speaker 1: So I was going the.
Speaker 3: Right way down with the indicator on to get the park and it was mine right. There was no other car in there, and then another car banged around the corner the illegal way to scoot into it.
Speaker 1: So I saw them hanging around, and I was like, not on my watch, kiddo.
Speaker 3: So I sped up and we both put our noses into a V to the park, but no one could get in.
Speaker 1: It was a car stand. So how long did this go for? Like what happened? I felt like forever. It was probably a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: I just got on the blower on the horn and he was horning and then hands, hands were aperadically flying around.
Speaker 1: And then were going everywhere. And I had been driving.
Speaker 3: Around for so long It's like there is actually it was a man. And I was like, there's actually no way I'm giving this up. So I got out of the car and I closed the rutney and I walked over. I did, and I said, I'm super sorry that this is going to inconvenience you. But as you can see, this is one way. I said, do I need to get somebody else involved?
Speaker 1: Who are you going to get involve?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I was hoping to purity guard ballet manager.
Speaker 3: I was calling his Bluffalora, and guess what what it worked. He reversed the cart and I got the part, Wow, John, you didn't have.
Speaker 1: To get somebody involved for it.
Speaker 2: I have seen you be angry and there is no way I would want to take you for that. But you know what I get mad? Okay, it's only up from here, guys. And that's because we have possibly the world's most delightful singer joining us for the show today, and that is Jesse.
Speaker 4: She just exudes happiness.
Speaker 1: They have sunshine. Yeah, it's going to be in studio.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently her new music is all about the unconventional way she met her husband, which is very pick up like.
Speaker 4: That's very us.
Speaker 1: Oh are you saying we're unconventional?
Speaker 4: Yes, and yeah, you have a husband.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a little horror. It has something to do with the crab claw. Don't give it away.
Speaker 5: We'll find you've got four slash tires when you go home.
Speaker 4: I just have a few.
Speaker 1: I think he didn't follow me out.
Speaker 5: Jess Malboy joins us next year at the Pickup thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 4: Listen it is. This is one of our favorite guests we've ever had on the Pickup.
Speaker 1: We love her.
Speaker 5: It's safe to say she's got a brand new single out. The one and only Jess Melboy is here with pick it up.
Speaker 1: Pick it up Now, that's our new jingle right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god, that is Can we trademark that immediately?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I mean we don't have enough money to pay you for it, but we're going to use that on every single shot.
Speaker 1: I love the pick up.
Speaker 4: We love you, Jessica.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the new single Flashback out now, this you got like as a little Is it we calling it a music video?
Speaker 4: We're calling it a clip? What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: The way?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Your one of your vibe is.
Speaker 6: You want to call it a music vie, you want to call it a clip, a movie whatever.
Speaker 4: A cinematic.
Speaker 1: It's a short.
Speaker 6: Film, a short film. No, Honestly, the song means so much to me.
Speaker 1: And I remember when I.
Speaker 6: Worked on it with Nick Littlemore and from Now, which was amazing.
Speaker 1: I've never worked with him before.
Speaker 6: And we just really developed before every session a thirty minute vibe and just to sing. He just said, get in the booth, just vibe out for thirty minutes. We're going to play keys and you know, just come do like do ethereal things, you know with the instruments, and you just perform. And so for every day for two weeks, we spent doing that before going into a session. I guess that just really helps to break down those walls to be able to tell stories. And this was one of them.
Speaker 2: But what was the inspiration for it? It was to do with your partner and your relationship. Can you pet us through a little bit about where that came from.
Speaker 6: Yeah, totally. I mean Nick coming into the room and basically saying, I want you this time, I want you to write a love letter, you know, write a love letter to someone that you love, and automatically them came to mind and I just took it, took me about it, flashed back to.
Speaker 4: The day.
Speaker 6: The night we met really in a nightclub. We met in a nightclub. Wow, we're true romance blossom. I was out with eight of my girlfriends and I hadn't been home for two years. I'd just come off the back of the Young Davis ring with it with the girls. We always play a game called truth when we when we go out. Anyway, I was sitting there, you know, just you know, having a good time, and yeah, my girlfriend was like, it's jes a turn. I felt daring, you know, dare me to do something. So I picked dare playing this game that we always play, and my girlfriend was like, okay, well I want you to pick. I'm going to pick someone out, you know, a guy in this room and you're going to go up and you are. We've got to come believe room. You are going to crab claw him on the butt without him knowing. So yeah, like literally crab claw him on the on a cheek.
Speaker 2: This is this is bad.
Speaker 6: We're talking about We're talking about two thousand and eight. There was a moment between a guy kind of moving to the left and I found a gap and my hand went there and I did it, and I ran.
Speaker 1: I literally ran.
Speaker 6: I was mortified that I had actually done it in the moment and and I literally I scooted. I run to the bar and I'm like, oh, I gonna come't believe this happening.
Speaker 1: I don't want to look back. I was like, if I look back, then something's going to happen.
Speaker 6: So I'm I order my Granberry soda juice and my drink and just standing there and all of a sudden, I feel someone kind of like brush up against me, and I turn and I'm like, oh my god, it's him, but it's literally the guy.
Speaker 4: It's I crab this guy.
Speaker 1: I clawed this guy.
Speaker 6: Literally, I just like I feel like a wind in my ears and he he's I turn and he's saying something to me.
Speaker 1: He say, I know it was you, and I'm like, I'm mortified. I'm like, oh my god, I'm eighteen.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I've never done anything.
Speaker 1: Like this before. And I'm not looking for a man. You're not looking for anyone in my life.
Speaker 3: So this is the inspiration for your song. So how do you sing about that? You're like, I crab clothes, crab clothes in the class.
Speaker 6: I guess I guess that memory kind of sparked. You know, we've been together for fifteen years and you've just recently got married last year, so all of the memory stacked up, really, you know, to create this kind of laugh it off, this kind of we've been together for this amount of time, you know, we've had our ups and downs. I couldn't I couldn't wait to marry you. This was basically, I guess premonition of this song is like saying I'm going to marry you one day, and I got to do that last year.
Speaker 1: So it was like, and I've written this song before.
Speaker 6: We actually you know, committed, and and yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a dream come true.
Speaker 3: And tomorrow night you're performing and presenting Yeah, and your video for Give You Love what or not.
Speaker 1: You're like, you're taking all the boxes.
Speaker 6: Hey, you honestly, I'm so proud of our music awards, like and I'm you know, I'm such an advocate for our our music industry and you know, it's our night of nights and I just want to to be as special as possible and be involved as much as I can and and you know, and sing my little heart out.
Speaker 3: You're doing a national tour twenty twenty four next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how many places where you're heading?
Speaker 6: Well, off the back of the tour, which off the back of the album, which is FED nine.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: This record holds about fourteen of my favorite songs I've ever written, you know, And I say, you know, it's it's my favorite yet you know, and I've written every single one of them. I've been, you know, traveling the whole world to write this record and have written it with some incredible people. So it's after that, after FED nine, I go straight on the road and I hit every town in Australia.
Speaker 5: Well, flashback is out now you're the listen guys, Jessica Melboy Pleasure as always, we adore.
Speaker 1: You, We adore you. You're amazing. Thank you so much. Okay, I think there's something wrong with me.
Speaker 2: The reason why I say this is because I know that my memory is not great, right. I have spoken about it to you before. It's something that causes me a little bit of concern. How easy it is for me to forget things, and I have to write everything down.
Speaker 1: I diarise.
Speaker 2: I have lists upon lists in my phone because if I don't put things into lists, I forget. Now, something happened to me recently. In my list was a very important appointment that I needed to make. I needed to go and have a PAP smear. Some of you might be thinking this is an overshare, but bear with me.
Speaker 1: Of any woman, day to day cyvical screening is very important.
Speaker 2: If you haven't had one recently, you've got to have them every five years as a woman. So I made my appointment. I called up the clinic that I know would go to regularly my GP. I made the appointment. I then waited until the appointment came up and I put it in my diary.
Speaker 1: I drove to the appointment.
Speaker 2: I got there, I checked in at the front desk, I sat down in the waiting room, and then my doctor came out and she said, Laura Burrn, come into come into the office.
Speaker 1: And I walked into.
Speaker 2: The GP room, a room that's familiar to me. I've been there many times. And I sat down and my doctor says to me, why are you here? And I said, I'm here for my routine cervical screening. Thanks, I'm here for my perapsmere.
Speaker 1: And she said, so, why are you here? And I said, I'm here for my papsmere.
Speaker 2: She goes, oh, Laura, I gave you a peraps me five weeks ago. I kid you not until she said it. It was like as she said it, I was like, oh, now, I remember this poor woman rummaged around my undercarriage and I don't remember. It wasn't like I had vague recollections. I completely forgot that I had. Perhaps it wasn't a trauma response. I just forgot. I enjoyed it so much I wanted to go twice.
Speaker 3: I'm talking because if you enjoyed it, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm joking. I genuinely no part of me remembered. It was completely gone for my brain. And it was only as she was saying it. And then I looked over at the bed and I was like, oh my god, I hold it.
Speaker 1: How have I forgotten this? I was here five weeks ago, right out of well.
Speaker 5: Britt like, the truth is, we love you, but Britain, we have noticed Laura's memory issues.
Speaker 3: This is not fun Oh my god, no, it's not funny. You have a terrible memory if you forget things all. So my doctor said that she's going to have to do a proper test on me. I've got to go and do some sort of proper memory test because she was like, this to me is concerning, an alarming told.
Speaker 1: Did you go to a doctor to do that?
Speaker 2: Week?
Speaker 1: We could whip up a memory test?
Speaker 4: Now I'm still right here?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 1: I'm not comfortable with this, everybody.
Speaker 4: No need for bulk billing, no need for medicare.
Speaker 1: Don't have any money that to pay full price for that memory test.
Speaker 4: Here on the air, hit it with the first memory question.
Speaker 1: Okay, these are going to be easy, right of Britain?
Speaker 4: Should they are?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 3: What football team does my boyfriend Ben play for Celtics in what country?
Speaker 1: Scotland? What position is he? A goalkeeper? That's actual impressive, well done, thank you, Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: What are my parents' names?
Speaker 1: Michelle and Mark.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank god because that would have been really embarrassing your parents.
Speaker 1: They're so nice. Okay? What are the judges names? Dancing with the Stars? The fourth judges on three months ago?
Speaker 4: You were on It all four first time last night.
Speaker 1: This was the one I thought you wouldn't get into a life, not even one.
Speaker 5: Todd McKinney, Mark, other names with the woman that we had.
Speaker 2: The woman finished Mark's name, Shanna shape.
Speaker 1: You're not listening, Shanna twink. Okay, so far you're not going very well.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 1: What's the fourth judge name? Laura? Mark? You said, was there another person there? Offensive? You don't even remember this? Laura? I was the English one who was quite rude. Forgot his name? All right? Last one?
Speaker 3: You should get this piece of cake. Actually there's two more. What's my birthday? Because you're you're supposed to be my best friend business planner, four and a half years with each other every day.
Speaker 1: What's September?
Speaker 4: I'm September?
Speaker 1: Please please do go on? I forgot I don't know. I don't even know my children's birthdays. Don't ask me those ones either.
Speaker 4: What's my name?
Speaker 1: Okay? So mild worry, I think mild concern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mild to medium memory concern, to be fair, more pertains to short term memory stuff. So like things yeah, like perhaps smears totally like people who have been inside me.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. Oh right, well too far, I don't break. No, I want to talk about picking up.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about the weirdest, craziest, most outrageous way you could possibly get somebody's phone.
Speaker 1: Oh God, because it happened to me.
Speaker 4: You were picked up almost that's next on the pickup.
Speaker 3: Look, guys, I don't want a brac, but I think I still got it. I'm just not sure I want it. But what do you got?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I think I got hit on yesterday, So this is probably the strangest way, the weirdest way anyone has asked for my number.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I'm a bit a bit of a conundrum.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was a hit on moment or if this person really was like a scientist.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm so invested in this.
Speaker 1: I was at the beach with my dog Delilah.
Speaker 3: She was having a swim and a play, and I was on FaceTime to my boyfriend Ben because he lives over in Scotland and I had my EarPods in and a guy walked past me. He was going for a surf, wetsuit board under his arm. He was just about to jump off the rocks. He saw Delilah, looked at me, did this like little little up and down look, and then came over to talk to Delilah.
Speaker 1: Now everyone always talks to She's a real magnet. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ben was on the line the whole time. Ben's going in my ear. Ben's going, oh, here we go, mate, move on, like move on. He's like just tailing your take. And I was like he was just he's just being nice, you know, whispering in talking to him.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Off he goes for a surf.
Speaker 3: After that, my boyfriend Ben's like, he was definitely hitting on you, and I was like, Babe, just chill out.
Speaker 1: He was just being nice. He gets out of the surf this surf.
Speaker 3: Only like fifteen minutes later and Ben is still on the phone.
Speaker 1: I said to Bend, oh my god, that guy's coming back. I said, stay on the line.
Speaker 3: So he walks up to me and he's like, Hi, I have a question, like a favor for to ask you. Do you mind coming and taking a photo of a dead bird for me?
Speaker 1: Sorry? What I was like?
Speaker 3: What he's like, I'm a I'm a virologist that specializes in birds. I'm a bird virologist, and I've just noticed over that problem. I have noticed over that Rockshelp is a dead bird. I don't have my phone on me because I've been surfing. Do you think you could possibly do a photo shooter for bird?
Speaker 2: And so he'd have your he'd have my numbers?
Speaker 1: So Ben, Ben's going is in my ear? He's still on FaceTime. Ben's going? Is this guy series Brittany? He is not. He's going a boat. He's not a bird virologist. And I was like, I think he is.
Speaker 4: Wade up by the way bird.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of a bird writ So did you then go wander over the rocks and take photos of a dead bird?
Speaker 1: Your whole phonoho, A strange man on your phone?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: This photos, I'm sending them to your phone right now. So I did a.
Speaker 3: Bird. Yeah, so I did a touching its bee because we had to get all the big angles, so we had to open the beak and do a photo shoot of the beak. Then we we did the whole wingspan, like we brought all the feathers out and changed its neck and I took. Now, I have a whole photo album on my phone of dead birds and I send them to you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if this guy was hitting on you, Britt. There is a reason why he is single. He is very bad at flirting holding says romance like a dead half decayed bird.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: So did he end up taking? And what did he say? Thanks for the dead bird?
Speaker 3: And then he sent me hits a bird emojis and then I didn't write back. And then he wrote back again and said have a nice day, and I didn't.
Speaker 1: Write back again.
Speaker 5: On producer producer Tony saying that we have a bird expert that's called.
Speaker 1: Of course we do.
Speaker 5: They're out there on thirteen one of six, like Zach's Zach's on the light heigh, Hi, Zach quickly answer this for us?
Speaker 4: Is a bird virologist something that exists?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so just listening, was it borologists?
Speaker 4: Is that the terminology used?
Speaker 6: Or do you mean biologists like biologists?
Speaker 1: I can't, I'm sure. Look, Brits been saying virologists. It's not like a virus. Well, the birds, because he said that a lot of beds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, we.
Speaker 3: Said a lot of birds have been dying lately. And he might have said borologists. But and I assumed it was a virologist because I've never heard of a barologist.
Speaker 4: Had AirPods in. Is a borrologist a thing? I think so?
Speaker 6: For for viral studies? Sure, I don't know if they picked that up on dead birds on the beach.
Speaker 1: Just check your phone.
Speaker 3: I've just sent you the photos of the dead bird photo shoot that I took at the beach.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful day. The lighting's great, really really hits the beak. Can you tell what kind of that is?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: This bird just going through in moments.
Speaker 3: You should have a big close up a wingspan, and there's overhead there's a big pick, there's.
Speaker 4: A wing pin.
Speaker 6: I've got the photos.
Speaker 1: I'm flicking through it.
Speaker 4: It is quite the photo shoot.
Speaker 1: Guys, thank you, thanks, Yeah, that was all me.
Speaker 6: So the bird is a short tailed shearwater.
Speaker 1: I was afraid.
Speaker 4: It's honestly very common birds to find washed up on the beach.
Speaker 2: Is there any reason that you would take photos like this though, of a dead bird?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Is there any chance or is this just perhaps.
Speaker 6: He wanted to confirm what species of shearwater it is, because there's quite a number and they're all really similar.
Speaker 5: He had his heart set on a Britney Hogley crested tip, had a different.
Speaker 1: Type of bird in mind.
Speaker 3: You know. The best part was at the end he was like, okay, well I'll go home and get that message now. And I was like, well, you can't leave the dead bird here, and he was like, what do you want me to do with it?
Speaker 1: I said, pick it up.
Speaker 3: So he picked up the dead bird to and walked away into the sunset.
Speaker 4: You dodged a bullet. That's a serial killer. That's what you just escaped. A serial killer.
Speaker 1: No, he's probably doing God's way.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get out of here.
Speaker 1: That is it from us today.
Speaker 2: If you miss anything as well, you can catch up on our podcast.
Speaker 1: It's called The Pickup. You can listen to it my Heart Radio.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Virologyer Sack, Thanks Sach, Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 4: I will see you tomorrow everyone, see you guys.