Speaker 1: I heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast time for this week's things that make you go Gurer needs.
Speaker 2: To make you go.
Speaker 1: Get me started today, he needs to make you go Christian. Things that made me go GUR. When you text a network time waste, you know it's a gold and Rio gives it a bronze. Listen. It is subjective. One man's gold in another man's bronze. That's life, my friend.
Speaker 2: I'm a very fair and accurate judge. Sorry, especially if you're getting a bronze. It definitely wasn't a gold. Maybe if it was a silver.
Speaker 1: Tough love there this morning coming from Rio me, Good morning me. Things to make you go GUR those of not anxiously oversize mirrors on already oversized cars. You know, the huge site mirrors. Yeah oh yeah. Mia now goes to a cat's lock and rightly so. Dude. If you need a truck sized mirror to see your car around a corner, get a Specsavers will get a new car. I'm with you, mirror, I'm with you, Mia. I love this song film Glenn Christian. Thing makes you go gurul when someone arrives late with a takeaway coffee in hand. You could have been on time if you didn't stop for that coffee, and you could have got me one. Yeah, you know exactly. That's what I'm thinking. Yeah, be late, but give give me something. Yes, Christian, you you're a cat lover. Does this happen with Larry? When you step over the cat Just as you're halfway through the move, the cat suddenly moves every single time? You're right. They know what they're doing. They're working in cahoots with my family. I think to claim on the insurance if I fall down the stairs. It looks natural. Rha. What's the thing for you that makes you go guru?
Speaker 2: Okay, the Australian cricket team have given me a lot over the past ten days, but I do have a big gripe with them that I need to share. The English cricket team shirts all tucked in, they all look very proper, all very well put together. The Australian team a team of cereal scruffy collars.
Speaker 1: I'm this is cricket. It's a it's a game. Of order history. The esthetics matter.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a gentlemanly game. And especially manus our number three batsman. Your collar is always scruffy. I just want to reach out through the TV screen and just flick it back down. Especially they've got a little yellow underside of it, so it really stands out, Yes, like to protect his neck from the sun. Though, no, no it's not. It's not fully popped up. It's just like a little side or a little this one.
Speaker 1: Keep the eye out for it.
Speaker 2: On Thursday. You will notice a scruffy collar standards.
Speaker 1: Especially in the game of crickets. Yeah, and thank you though for everything that the England cricket team have capitulated on uniform standards, isn't one of them.
Speaker 2: No, they look pristine.
Speaker 1: They always look pristine. They're well presented as the game demands. Is a game of you know, neatness and tweediness and precisions stuff like that. The Aussies do look very skiff. They look like, you know, some eighteen year old lads who are going to left formal. No one's borrow Dad's suit isn't quite fit right? Yeah, the tiesal one key, you know, it's got the little peanut not that the proper winds are not hand.
Speaker 2: It's like a nearly forty degree day and they're wearing those thick cable knit Yeah jumpers.
Speaker 1: What that's right. History demands it. History demands it.
Speaker 2: Maybe in the UK not here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no no, it sounds like you're aready making excuse we're going to lose this weekend that cable knit sweater, Alex. What's if you make things that make Hugo guru?
Speaker 3: When you go to the trouble of making a pot of tea, not the tea bag, a pot of tea and someone jumps the gun doesn't let the teas stew long enough and it tastes all watery and wake.
Speaker 1: And now you talk, you to a talk in my language. First of all, start the elegance in the game of cricket. And now the right kind of rules with tea. You're right when it comes out and it's all too milky teas revolting, Oh the worst, it's got to be at least five minutes. And also, if you're going to be using a tea bot, here's how it works. You always have one tea bag for each person who's gonna be drinking from it. So there's two of you. Then you know two two tea bags. Then you have I always was raised to have one as a gift to the pot itself. So you need three? Do you do that? One for the pot, yes, one for the pots. Well if you darling, one for myself, you go.
Speaker 3: Bunni's dad always jumps the gun, always pours it too early.
Speaker 1: No, No, you've got to be waiting at least three to five minutes, and then I will give it three rotational clockwise, stirs as well, then put the lid back on.
Speaker 3: Then, Paul, well really, and do you pull all in one go or do you put it back a bit?
Speaker 1: I pour that delicious English breakfast or berries? All in one go? Is if you like some sort of you know, tom cruise and cocktail.
Speaker 3: I sort of do it once and then i'd put it back again, just to steward a bit more and then back in the inn.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, maybe next year we should get designed some of spoke Christian O'Connell's show, just give away some tea pots. People would love those. Yes, yeah, I like that, Yes, yes, yes, can you make bespoke ones? Could someone do that? Yeah? I'm sure that the suddenly got this image of Josh. You joined the show yesterday from reception, suddenly just sort of painting them. Listen, you got to start in radio somewhere, Josh. You know, painting teapots is a good break for some young kid.
Speaker 2: That's where all the best DJ started.
Speaker 1: That's how Stern started doing it. You know, the Christian o'connall show podcast,