Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Would you like to try vape?
Speaker 1: Why would you take up something that is going to be addictive and expensive?
Speaker 2: I think that people.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Yeah, because you're young and stupid, some things make more sense than others.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that your goal was to be healthy, and I just don't know. How can you figure that's going to happen when you're ordering a chocolate moose?
Speaker 3: No, you know.
Speaker 1: I had it in the car on the way home and I didn't have a spood, so I was like an hour adillo trying to get ants out of a hole. Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults. Food bean fingered as an awful sensation. Given't been thinking about the right person. Goodness? May this is? Is it just still to play a couple of mitches?
Speaker 4: Hi, it's Jenna.
Speaker 1: Please don't forget to include my name in the opener this season. Sorry? Now he is Mitch Julli and Mitchell Koo. Hello, Mitchell, welcome back, Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back everyone. I gotta say I've noticed that sometimes you say hello to me like you say hi Mitchell Kombs, and I wonder do people think that that's actually the first time we acknowledge each other. We walk in the room in total out of silence, and then we hit record and then we go, oh, hello, Mitchell. We don't treat each other.
Speaker 1: We don't talk. Mitch and I were at the coffee shop next to each other and I pretended I didn't know him. We just stood there without without acknowledging each other.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, good morning. I'm like, save it for the pod.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You know what we should do, Mitch. We should do a role play show one week. You no how marriages, like really long marriages, try to keep their relationship fresh. They're like, let's role play. You pretend you're my boss and I'm a naughty employee, and you know that will keep the romance alive. Let's do a podcast as if like it was our first show, or we'd never met, or the network we're putting us together. iHeartRadio were doing a chemistry test.
Speaker 2: Oh, like we pretend that we're total acquaintances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we pre it's the first time we're meeting. Lay.
Speaker 2: We'd have to be really, really really polite.
Speaker 1: Do you think we'd flirt?
Speaker 2: Yuck? I couldn't possibly bring myself to do such a thing. I don't know. You're a bit flirty. In general, you're charismatic.
Speaker 1: I am flirty. I started flirting today with one of the traders because he's concrete truck blocked my driveway and I was like, how long do you think you'll be and he was like, oh, about five minutes?
Speaker 2: Is that a ride?
Speaker 1: I'm like, only if you let me write my initials in that wet concrete, and he went, oh, yeah, I bet you'll put your balls in it. I went, I think I will. Yeah, I don't think you'll find MNA bigger than yours. And we laughed and they got the car, and I thought, what the fuck just happened?
Speaker 2: You're like that concrete might take a while to drive, but I'm pretty sure i'd be able to get you hard real quick.
Speaker 1: Ah. You know the only thing better than that concrete my anus whole? Yeah, okay, sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sorry. What would cause the anus to be wet?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah? Poor general? Our prize? Keep is he gagging at the microphone?
Speaker 2: Daralenth is to our bullshit by now.
Speaker 1: But you don't want to dry butthole because then it gets fishes and stuff and cuts.
Speaker 2: But aren't they dry by default.
Speaker 1: N's not dry, like it's not like you know, you know, like six am grass. That's what my buttthole's like. Dewey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I don't know if that's a good thing. I don't think that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Jenna. How's your butthole?
Speaker 4: It's dry, is it?
Speaker 2: What did you do for your birthday? Jenna?
Speaker 4: I went to see Moulan Rouge.
Speaker 2: Is it good?
Speaker 4: It was very good.
Speaker 1: I had so many friends go. I really want to go meet I'd love to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, should we go? Let's do it? Because I really wanted to go. They had their opening night the other night, but I couldn't go because I'd already said yes to a Stranger Things event, which, by the way, that's what my ingym is about that Stranger Things event. Oh my god, I'm still mortified by something that happened.
Speaker 1: Really, because I am currently I just finished the finale last night, no spoilers. I'm so hooked. And I was invited to Molon Rules two Strange Mulon Rouge and The Stranger Things, and I didn't go to either of them, so I want to know about it. So it wasn't good or it was.
Speaker 2: Just one particular thing has scarred me from that event. But also, can we just talk about the fact that your yes Men era is officially over. I knew it wouldn't last. He said no to two event invites.
Speaker 1: Oh, Hayden. Hayden had another anaphylactic attack. Poor thing is he know he's allergic to COVID out of the blue. We just had another one on the end of last week. So we had a wholesome boyfriend weekend and we went We went to cafes and we went to the zoo, just to like make sure he was feeling okay.
Speaker 2: I don't have noticed about you. You love a matinee like you'll do things during the day, but at night, Nah, he'll have.
Speaker 1: Any Oh my god, I'm a matinee boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to see a matinee of Mulan Roue the musical. It's happening.
Speaker 1: I'd love to go, Mitch. I'd love to go to malam Rous with you and we'll put it on the kiddio. Jenny, you can come, of course, but you'll have to pay your own way.
Speaker 2: I've been to a few musicals recently and I just love like, it's always the same people in the crowd. It's always a mix of predominantly old women, and maybe they're begrudging husbands that they've dragged along, and they're just a bunch of gay gay men. And Jenna apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and me and Jenna, yeah yeah. And the cat cat mums, all the cat mums of the world. All right now, if it is your first time listening, let's jump in. We start with two. Is it just me something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. We call them our igems. We have guest Gym's coming up with it a listen to later on in the show. But I think midst you want to start. Let's get that stranger things thing off your chest.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, I'm happy to dive right in. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: A meet and greets just a terrible concept.
Speaker 1: I've never done one, but they always look so awkward to me, especially in co the COVID era, when everyone's like three meters from each other. They have a wall between them, like a purse beex war plexiglass. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they're just so like forced and controlled and like really rigid, and it's difficult to walk away from any meet and greet scenario without thinking Jesus, that was awkward. But oh my god, oh the worst thing happened to me at the Stranger Things event on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, so what was the event because it was at Lunar Park and it was for fans as well, I don't really know what it was. What was the vibe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was like a Netflix event. There was a bunch of the cast in town. They were doing like a Q and A on stage, that sort of vibe. There was a bunch of you know, pop up bits from the set photo opportune and it is all that jazz. It was fun. It was fun. But my darling manager David said to me before, Babe, I've got you meet and greet VIP access backstage. And I was like, oh cool, are you sure? Like I feel like a bit of an imposter because I enjoy the show, but there's so many diehard fans here that I feel like, I don't know, it would just mean the world to them to meet these cast members because the fucking Stranger Things fan base, by the way, oh my god, they are crazy passionate, like they were so int.
Speaker 1: Know that, to be honest, I didn't either, But are they all kids, because you wouldn't. The last thing you'd want is a group of adults being like, I love your gay ja twelve year old boys. That's not allowed.
Speaker 2: I know, no. Look, to be honest, I probably was one of the oldest people there, but so there were a lot of younger people there. And so anyway, I said to David, look, are you sure like I can give up my spot in the meet and greet for someone who is more deserving because I'm a little bit like, I'm not fast because it just feels like it'll be awkward.
Speaker 1: And you just started the show, you just started season one a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And some of the cast members that were there there was Gayden Matarazo. Is that how you say it?
Speaker 1: He plays Dustin Dustin Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: And then Sadie Singh who plays Max, and Pria Ferguson who plays Erica.
Speaker 1: Good cast, good line, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so anyway, I ended up doing this meet and greet thing and it was so bad. It was so bad.
Speaker 1: What do you mean what happened?
Speaker 2: Well, I was in line. It was then my turn to go backstage and meet the three cast I walk backstage and I walk up to them and I say hi, trying to be really, you know, charismatic and bubbly, and all three of them in unison just go and like step back from me, like they looked frightened, and I was like, what did I do? What did I do? And then without saying a word, they just pointed to this little sticky tape dot on the ground and I was like, oh, is that where I stand?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: They were like yeah, and that sticky tape dot was so far away from them, which, by the way, that would have been nice. One of the backstage people taking me back there should have told me that was the rule. I felt so stupid. So those three were huddled together, but because I was obviously some sort of germ ridden risk to them, they were like, no, everyone, you stand over there. And then they were like rushing me as well. Oh no, so you had your little spot marked out and I'm standing a really awkward distance away from them, and then the person taking the photo was like, okay, ready, three two one, and I'm thinking, okay, how do I stand by my runaway? That doesn't look awkward? And I just walked away. They gave me a polaroid copy of the photo, and I said to my friends who I met up with afterwards, I was like, I've got the photo and I have not looked at it yet. I don't know if I can you guys, I'll show you, guys, can you tell me if it's as bad as I think it will be? And they had a look and they all just cracked up, laughing in my face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I didn't see mix you posted stuff at the event in a lovely red blazer, mind you, thank you, But the I didn't see a photo of you with a car, so it must be that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no way that photo will ever see the light of day.
Speaker 1: So can you show us. I want to see this.
Speaker 4: I really want to see it.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll show you, guys. You're ready, yeah, oh oh oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mitchell, your toe is over the dots.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I know. And the thing is, the post I was trying to do was like a thumbs up, just being like, yeah, hey, but they got the photo. They took the photo like a split second before I was in position, and so my thumb isn't even there. Look at my eye that looks like I'm rolling my eye.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, you look possessed. I do. It's a dinner organ.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't know how I got in this situation. I tried to get out of it, and it just went worse than I could have imagined.
Speaker 1: Mitchell's that's horrific. You can't post that.
Speaker 2: That's not I will. I will never should I put it in our Facebook group so that people listening can at least have some context as to what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, idiots get a kick out of that. Absolutely in the new season when it's episode one. So but when they get contorted and they get possessed by Veckner, it looks like Mitch is heard of Grandfather Clock and he's seconds away from splitting his ankles backwards. That's horrific.
Speaker 2: But you know what the best part was after they took the photo and I thought, I'm gonna get the fuck out of here, Like that was just mortifying. I'm going to get out of here quick as I can. Sadie the Chicken plays Max. She says to me, I like your boots and I was like, thanks, babe. So that's that's the only interaction we had.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet cute though, But what you didn't hear is sheec She said, I like your boots when they're behind the fucking dot. That you didn't hear it because the music, Because of the music. Yeah, all right, great edge. Should I do mine? I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: I'm I want to forget about everything that happened at that event. So they move on?
Speaker 1: Okay, hit it, Bradley? Is it just me? Do we need more people in the world who will happily let you cancel plans?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am so over the guilt. I am so over the high horse. Sorry I couldn't come to your stupid boyfriend's luncheon the third one, mind you, he's only twenty seven. Get a grip the hate messages they ignore, the left on scene that you're no longer invited to events.
Speaker 2: Get a grip what's happened to spark this outrage? Because like, I know for a fact that I don't bother getting mad at you anymore. I'm just like whatever, that's him. He's unreliable.
Speaker 1: So what you happen to you used to But there's nothing nice that Actually a nice thing happened to me A friend invited me to go get dinner, and I wasn't feeling it, the whole Hayden thing. I said, sorry, I'm not coming.
Speaker 2: They went so figured that wasn't a matinee.
Speaker 1: No, that's true. It was the dinner. It was at night, the sun had set, so I said, I said, I can't go, and then she said that he's so fine, I want to watch the new Star Wars. I'm all good, love you. Hope Hayden's okay. Oh, And just the relief that I felt, the lack of judgment, the no pressure. That is what a true friend, and that is how you weed out the ship friends from the good friends, the ones that don't. If any of you ever canceled youenner, I don't think you've ever come to part of that I've throwned, however, guilted you never. No, in general, I are the best of friends. No need to guilt he because I am sound and happy within my own personal body.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's fine if friends cancel on each other from time to time. What becomes the problem is if you're a repeat offender. So I think that's why perhaps someone like you might at some stage get struck from the invite list altogether because it's like, oh well equalarly it doesn't want to spend time. But that's why I bother reaching out, because some people don't deal well with rejection. Yes, so if you get rejected too many times, you're just gonna stop reaching out to the person. It's like, okay, I try.
Speaker 1: I think it just it says more about the other person, about their insecurities, because I couldn't care less. If someone canceled on nineteen out of twenty dinners with me or events, I still wouldn't care. It doesn't bother me. I really doesn't.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and I just sorry. That is so not true. It is not true. Is no true. If someone else canceled on you, you'd be ranting to me, it's the fucking it's the fucking fifth time they're canceled. Like you're only human as well. You're as insecure as they come. I reckon if someone kept canceling on you repeatedly, you would get a little bit miffed after a while.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah to you and to my other friends behind their back, but to their face, no worries. Oh I hope the cold saw cleans up. Oh enjoy obi Wan dove Vader returns, it's been to be great.
Speaker 2: That's because you are a people pleaser. Yes, I don't want anyone to know that you're unhappy.
Speaker 1: Oh god ya, yes, no, you're very right. Oh yeah, Jenny, when you say no to coming to the dinners, Oh the bitching that happens behind the scenes, yeah, yes, yeah. And then you know that I would never say it to your face.
Speaker 4: I know you're saying it.
Speaker 1: That's the basis of a good friendship.
Speaker 2: You know how Mitch had that thing at his place recently? What was the reason you couldn't come again? You went to something?
Speaker 4: Oh, the Belfoir play's side bride.
Speaker 2: You're like, I'm sorry, I can't make it. I'm at Belvoir. Mitch says, has she flying to fucking Paris? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: What about the other one? Mitch? You had something and she went, oh, I can't. I've contracted an illness from sushi. Traine, remember what she had? An illness from sushi?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, that was very bad, was it? Don't bring that up.
Speaker 1: But like I said, Jen, I don't judge you for it. I don't mind. And you know what, the more elaborate the story, the more entertained. I am, so bring them mind keep me.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm going to say it. I don't judge people who say no. But yeah, like I said, eventually you just stop feeling like you need to reach out. Because also in this particular scenario, Jenna doesn't come to anything I invited her to. But also she never tries to make plans of me either, And I'm like, Okay, that's cool. Yeah, he just doesn't want to see me outside of work. That's fine, that's all she wants this to be.
Speaker 4: I don't make plans with anybody.
Speaker 1: You've got something on your mind, hit up at a couple of mitches on Instagram to get yourself on the shoe. Yes, time for and is it just you something you've noticed, something you hate, or something you appreciate, send us a voice note like.
Speaker 2: Luke's Star the way, does anyone ever come through with something they appreciate? I don't think they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and very rarely do we appreciate things on this show.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should make a pack next week. We'll do things we appreciate. We'll stop being bloody, negative, ranting bitches.
Speaker 1: That's cute, that's beautiful, meach I could do that I could. Definitely. It takes some time to think about something I appreciate, but I'm sure I could do it all right. This is Luke. Luke sent this in on a couple of mitches on Insta. It's his Is it just you?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys? Is it just me? Or do you get really pissed off and you're going through a Maca's drive through and someone tells you to push forward into the abandoned parking lot, Like, I don't care if you're sprinting out my fucking hash brown, I'm not gonna wait.
Speaker 2: Okay yep, that wasn't something he appreciated once.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't get the note. I agree with him, but I will wait. I'm a rule follower. If they tell me to wait, I'm pulling into that parking bay and I'm waiting for my hashib Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you mean when he says abandoned parking lot? It's usually chokers for starters the parking lot. But isn't there like waiting bays designated?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one that I'm here because I'm like in the city in Sydney. The waiting bay in my local macas is real tight because it's like in the middle of the CBD. See there's like a one little corner spot. So sometimes they go park in the waiting baby, but there's already a highlux there and you go, well, I can't go anywhere, soe you kind of like park got a traffic jam the whole way base scenario. Is it just me? Or do we need to rethink the waiting bay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I just feel like the whole waiting bay thing is fine. I don't usually mind, but sometimes it drags on too long that I think they've genuinely forgotten about my order. Yes, and sometimes I do have to actually get out of the car and be like, hey, where are we at with this? And because they actually the reason they put you in the waiting bay is so that they can tick off the order is done so that it doesn't affect their drive through times. Because you know how all the macas are competing with each other. They're like, oh, we new Planes is ahead of Penrith.
Speaker 1: Yeah you taught me that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a competition. Yeah, let me tell you. The pressure is on and drive through.
Speaker 1: So what happens in there? Give us a point of view. There's a little screen that says gray Hyundai is not at the front or has been here x amount of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what it is. The order. There's a little timer next to it, and it'll go it'll be in the green, which means yeah, no, that's a good amount of time, and then it'll go orange and that means quick six, they've been in the drive through too long. And then it'll go red, which is like, this is affecting your score, so poorly get them out. And so it's usually when someone like you comes through and orders like a rap and they're like, oh shit, we haven't made a rap in months. We have to figure out how to do it again. Yeah, and then they have to figure it out, so they're like, oh, let's just park him, and so they tick off the order as done so that it doesn't affect that time. And then sometimes if it's rush hour or whatever, they will literally forget because they'll tick it off out of sight, out of mind. They'll forget and you go in there and be like, oh, wait, wear me food and they're like, oh shit, yeah.
Speaker 1: I went through macs because I'm so used to either doing it at the end of my shift, which is like ten or eleven o'clock or in the morning when I'm doing breakfast, so there's never any cues. And I went the other day at like six pm and there's a major line. I'm like, as fucked, Oh it's dinner. Yeah, people are actually trying to get a meal. So yeah, it's that rush out, but nothing worse at the parking bay when you're there and there's a car behind you and they pulled in after you. But they come and bring the food out and you're looking at the size of the bag and they wait to be like, is that my double cheeseburger and McGrath maybe, and they give it to the car behind you first. Oh pisses me off. I always think, but what if that's mine?
Speaker 4: What have they got it wrong?
Speaker 2: I always worried when they introduce you know how there's more than one drive through lane. Now there's two. Yeah, I'm like, what if someone pulls in front of me and the cars are out of and I get the wrong shit? And that's why they would They would read your entire order to you. When you got to the window to pay, They're be like just confirming you the big mac double quarter pound of large fries. Blah, blah blah, and they would just like recite it like a town crier. Yeah, and I'd be like, no, not me, that's the guy in front of me. He fucking pushed in. But I've noticed they've streamlined it. Now if you pull up to the window, they just go just confirming your order is the one on the screen.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that avoids confusion.
Speaker 2: I'm always trying to think about how to make it quicker, which makes it very impersonal. It's like me and my meet and greets. They're like, quick, move on, neck.
Speaker 1: Y, I'm trying to forge a connection with my local staff member.
Speaker 2: I actually did get in trouble for that. When I worked at maccas. I'd always be a little bit too chatty, which doesn't sound like me, does it.
Speaker 1: No, that's shocking.
Speaker 2: Like I'd be like, how's your day, and then I'd ask follow up questions and the managers in my ear like shut up, move on.
Speaker 1: I'm like, God, can they heal conversations through that fucking old gaming controller headset?
Speaker 2: Not all of them, but you can also have the internal intercom so I can buzz through to them and that doesn't go through the speaker. Yeah wow, But they can't eat everything. Thank god, I take that bloody headset to go piss sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I talk about.
Speaker 2: It like I still work there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you remember it so vivid.
Speaker 2: One time I actually did take a drive through order from the toilet because I wasn't done and someone pulled up and I was like, oh, what can I get for you today? They said, meetium big macmeal. I said, yep, coke for the drink and they said yes. And because I'd done that exactly worder so many times I remembered, I was like, eight forty five, please drive through.
Speaker 1: Oh I did it from the toilet. Oh my god. Anyway, thank you for setting that in. If you want to get in touch, hit us up on a couple of it. Just sent us a voice message, but thank you.
Speaker 2: Look, I got really sidetracked. What actually was Luke's point?
Speaker 1: Now it just pisses him off. Yeah, he's annoying. He doesn't want to go to the waiting bait. He wants to wait at the window.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, I think that I think we all feel that way, Luke, But just don't be a Karen and refuse to park. Have you seen those videos? But they're like nope, I'm not parking. Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 1: All the people that get out of the window when there's nothing, when there's something that I am not in stock. It's like these people are seventeen and they're trying to pay off their tafe degree. Give them a fucking break.
Speaker 2: I had someone throw a whole bag of mcchickens that me, and a whole tray of four large cokes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The only memory I have from Cole's is the returns that people would try to get away with. Like at Christmas time. I vividly remember a woman bringing a full leg of ham and she'd carved it and it was just the bone and she said, yeah, hi mate, too salty. Oh it was awfuls garbage a Christmas ham and it was like Boxing day and I go, you've eaten it? Yeah, but it was too salting. Like I said, did you hear me?
Speaker 2: How much of it was missing?
Speaker 1: The whole ham? The whole ham? There was knuckle and fucking fhibia, there was nothing else. And I said, oh, okay, Well, and because it was a coal's ham, you're smart. If you're not one hundred percent satisfied, you do get a refund. And the thing that gets me. It pisses me off. I go to the manager and I'm like seventeen, trying to be, you know, a really good worker. I go, we're not giving you the refund, she's clearly eating it, and they go, just give it to it. It's the guarantee. It's not worth fighting. So they end up getting their refund. And these people wrought the system and a Ham's forty bucks.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's a really worth the kerfuffle for forty bucks.
Speaker 1: I'd say, yes, I'd say, but also it's the win. Like you know, I'm very vindictive. I want to I want her to. I want to say to her, no, you can't because you've eaten it. You're fat bitch. I'm going to go take your leg and walk away, and I'm going to deduct the Flybys points. You know, That's what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Can you do that? Deduct fly By points if.
Speaker 1: Someone returns something. We actually should be removing the Flybys points because people could just then get free Flybys points because they're just returning everything. But you can redact you also, if you forget ther Flybys cards, you got fourteen days to bring your receipt back. So people would go through Brely and be like, oh, I haven't claimed these Flybys points and that add them on.
Speaker 2: And it was seriously, yeah, some people take Flybys, so seriously don't they. I actually don't really know what it is. It just me on the fly What are they? What can I do with the points? I've probably got so many points. I just don't know what they actually can be used for?
Speaker 1: What they do? I've currently got on my Flybys card ready to have a lookods loading forty nine dollars in actual real world money that I can just use in my grocery shop.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem like a long How long have you been building up those point?
Speaker 1: Probably a year?
Speaker 2: Oh? What a waste of fucking time? Forty nine it's not too.
Speaker 1: Loud, but for a free scam that you just do it every check out and you get fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh I've only got ten bucks. That's bullshit. I feel like I've been accumulating these points for years and never use them. Do they expire?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Although when people would ask me questions, I didn't know the answer to it. The checkout I just make it up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The worst thing was when I was new to my supermarket job, and people would come up to me and say, Hi, mate, what i'le do I find the baby wipes in? And I'm like, fucked. If I like, I just I would walk with them and help them find it because I'm like, I don't know, I couldn't memorize it.
Speaker 1: Where can I find? The pods discontinued? Mate? Sorry? They some kid choked on one in the cinema and then they're not making them anymore. Really, I bought them yesterday. Yeah, he choked last night. It's been an immediate recall.
Speaker 2: What are we, bloody you're doing on the podcast now? By the way, because I don't know you. I said to you yesterday, babes, I'm really fluey. I've got the aches and pains, I'm feeling sick. I'm going to work from home. So can you can you plan something? Can you figure something out? So I don't even know what we're doing right now on the podcast?
Speaker 1: Oh god, yea, yeah, Well I brought some history music, so let me play that.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Who's ready to learn? Welcome after the success Mitchell last week of the history, the meaning behind words and common items? Are you the Jacuzzi brothers who invented the jacuzzi, or Theodore Omelet, who of course invented the Omelet. My dms were flatted. We want more, we need more. Schoolastic reached out and said, we want to do a textbook with you. I said, give me time, give you time, give me time. So I thought we'd bring it back. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 2: So it's another history lesson.
Speaker 1: It's another history lesson. It's a chrury history lesson. Get out the chalk, Jenna, can you dust off the chalkboard for me?
Speaker 2: Plase?
Speaker 1: Okay, and get the students of milk.
Speaker 2: No, we've upgraded to a smartboard. I think you'll find yay smart phone maybe one.
Speaker 1: Everyone got smart boards.
Speaker 4: They were the best.
Speaker 2: Kep them because they were riddle bit is shoes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's a real niche reference. All right, Today we're learning students quiet the history behind popular and commonly used phrases. Oh ye, let's do an example. Cat got your tongue, Mitch, you've said that many times.
Speaker 2: I don't think I have, but God, I wish I wish I could remember. Because I'm not joking. I literally did this segment or not my cup of tea once my old podcast back in the day, and it was a great segment. So hopefully you executed as well as I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no I will. I'm Jenna's very excited.
Speaker 2: Ye just quitting and thought your tongue. Fuck if I if I wasn't ill and I didn't have a headache, I'd be able to think about it. But no, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Well, cat got your tongue is obviously said to someone who remained silent when when someone asked you a question, they don't say anything. So cat got your tongue. Well, there are two stories and how this saying came into being. I'll tell both. The first one says that it could have come from a whip called Cat of nine Tales, which was used by the English Navy that used to flog victims speechless. So they go, well, the cat has your tongue because the Cat of nine towels had your tongue. Now, the second one, terrible second one is from ancient Egypt, where liar's tongues were cut out as punishment and fed to the cats.
Speaker 2: What that's the one I remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cat got your tongue. In general, if you don't smart.
Speaker 2: Nat.
Speaker 1: What's your cat's name, Tabitha Connie Connie Rebus. Your cat is going to have tongue soup. What about bury the hatchet?
Speaker 2: I know what it means to bury the hatchet is when you know you've got beef with someone and then you resolve it and then yeah, let's just agree to bury the hatchet, put it in the past and move on.
Speaker 1: Well, the history behind that part of the history music is during negotiations between Puritans and the Native Americans, men would bury all of their weapons, making them inaccessible. It's like a truce. It's like a peace sign.
Speaker 2: What a hatchet is a weapon? Yeah?
Speaker 1: A hatchet and axe.
Speaker 2: Ah, all right?
Speaker 1: What about our blood is thicker than water? We've all said that. We've said that around here. You know, we're all friends, but hey, blood is thicker than water. We're family. Whenever we have a guest on and we go, you know what, we like them Carl from Bankstown. The blood ye itche and bode thicker than water?
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't think that's what it means.
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 2: Doesn't it mean that family should come first, because if you're related by blood, then that should be more important? Is that what it means?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, but I was insinuating that we're family.
Speaker 2: You actually exercised the blood thicker than water notion every day of your bloody life because you've always had some sort of family function, you put them first, whereas I barely see mine.
Speaker 1: Well, I will just say that the origin on this website says, although many people think that it means we should put family ahead of friends, it actually means the complete opposite. The phrase was actually the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb, and referred to warriors who shared the blood they shed in battles together. These blood brothers were said to have stronger bonds than biological brothers. So maybe I am right.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Well that's nice. I quite like that.
Speaker 1: Actually, although Jessica andn Cole, this is a live website and there's public comments, and Jessica n Cole says on Facebook this is actually wrong. So it's really I'm glad she buttered in three years ago got fifteen up votes. So you know, all right, barking up the wrong tree?
Speaker 2: Does that mean that you're wasting your time because you're not going to get any communication here? Yeah. Yeah, yeah, apparently I've got to achieve anything opening your fat mouth at this tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, pursuing a mistaken on miss guided line of thought. Apparently, the phrase refers to hunting dogs who chase their prey up a tree. Once it climbed the tree, the dogs would just bark at them. Sometimes the dogs will continue barking even if the prey was no longer there. They're barking up the wrong tree. Yeah no, I'm laughing. This is really interesting. Is anyone else writing these down?
Speaker 2: Because history was my least favorite subject in school, and so this has given me flashbacks because I'm already sick, and I'm like, I'm struggling to focus. Have you go to really good ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh got ya? Yeah, well I started with some weak ones of course. What about honeymoon? Oh, we've all seriously what the fuck is a honeymoon?
Speaker 2: Actually, no, I'm intrigued. What the fuck does that even mean? I've never questioned it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. A honeymoon is when a couple of the holiday after they get married. Now, according to tradition, a newlywed couple would have to drink a beverage with a honey for an entire month for fertility and good luck under a full moon.
Speaker 2: Oh well, we don't have to worry about skull and honey because, like fertility is, it's never going to happen.
Speaker 1: No, not for us. No, there's no fertile that's happening and us. What about oh, oh, break a leg?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So I heard the other day that the meaning behind break a leg. Obviously that's what you say, is like a good luck before you know someone's going to an audition or something. And I heard I don't know if this is true, but I heard that break a leg means you want them to get cast. And when you've got a broken leg, you put the leg in a cast. And so if you're saying to someone in an acting context, break a leg, it means you want them to get cast. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: No, Apparently popular folklore in Germany means they encourage people to wish others bad luck, since it was believed that wishing someone good luck would tempt evil spirits. So yeah, they started saying break a leg is a bit of irony. I prefer yours.
Speaker 2: Meats the cast version. It makes sense.
Speaker 1: What about riding shotgun? We've all said it I'm going to ride. Shotgun in the front of the seat. Shotgun the front.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, presumably, if you're organizing a drive by shooting, the driver can't actually do the shooting of the shotgun in yourself. He can't handle the weapon and a vehicle. So if you're riding, it means that you're in charge of the actual shooting. Am I correct?
Speaker 1: What do you think, Jenna, the exact same.
Speaker 4: You're responsible for the shooting of the gun in the murder?
Speaker 1: No, The expression refers to the passenger of an old fashioned stage coach who sat next to the driver with a shotgun. Oh, you're actually right to protect attackers and rubbers along the way. Oh you're right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to do it all the time back in the day.
Speaker 1: So you could hold the gun and you could shoot people.
Speaker 2: So they weren't just random shootings that were protection purposes.
Speaker 1: That's right. Now. I've got, like I said, sixty seven, So if I've got son of a gun, I've got best man born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Get one's goat, Achilles heat, Let's get one's goat.
Speaker 1: Now, get one's goat. Have you not heard that?
Speaker 2: No? But they butcher it on kathink him. They say, God, he's really getting up my goat.
Speaker 1: Get one's goat means you're really annoying someone. During horse racing day, some horses would get Horses would get so anxious, so owners would place goats in the stalls with them to calm them down.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that make them worse?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wouldn't that.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that like a horse trainer just notices that Bessie is a little bit stressed, so he goes, get my goat. I want to calm her down.
Speaker 1: Oh, like, give Hayden a goat. Next enflex is attack. Just go babe, sit on this goat.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's an emotional support goat. You don't sit on it. You just kind of let it, you know, you pat it and have it around you.
Speaker 1: And she says rival horse owners would sometimes steal these goats, therefore upsetting the horse and making it more likely to lose. But it doesn't explain why goats are calming to horses.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like goats would be calming. Just some little hairy bathard being like man.
Speaker 4: And they're in a little stall as well, like a goat with a horse.
Speaker 2: Oh my God. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look at this top comment from Ashley Fernandez. She says a lot of farmers still use goats while transporting animals long distance. They'll just chuck a goat in the horse trailer to keep them calm, like an emotional support animal for an animal.
Speaker 2: Jenna, can you google how the fuck are goats supposed to be calming? Because I don't find them calming at all. That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Okay it, oh my god, it's the top answer.
Speaker 4: It goes it's not necessarily a goat, but the horse's friend. Horses are herd animals and need to have buddies around.
Speaker 2: But why goats? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess if you put another horse with it, they'd fuck each other.
Speaker 2: It could be any animal you can be like, calm down, far Lap, I've got a lady bud.
Speaker 4: But apparently both horses and goats are pretty intelligent animals, and the horses often bond with goats.
Speaker 1: I don't think I hate that one, to be honest.
Speaker 2: That is the one that I've been most interested in this whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, Okay, I'll read you a whole more and tell you tell me.
Speaker 2: To I'm getting bored of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, hey, history isn't always entertaining.
Speaker 2: And don't we know it?
Speaker 1: Pop that history music again? Thank you, and i'e a loud. We are going into the meaning behind famous cities in Europe?
Speaker 2: Are you dragging this out because you don't have anything else planned?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, Brussels meaning broke meaning martian zele meaning settlement.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: Amsterdam originally named because it was built around a damn in the river of Amstell, So Ampstelle damn. It's quite it's quite literal.
Speaker 2: Jenn, know what's funny about that? Are you just laughing because you're you're feeling what I'm feeling. This is it's turned a shit this segment.
Speaker 4: No, no, Rome, this is so dumb.
Speaker 2: There we go, all right.
Speaker 1: Well here I try to bring some enlightenment to this show. Fucked a lot of you.
Speaker 2: No, I appreciate it. I appreciate it because I'm unwell.
Speaker 1: I couldn't myself, so I tried to bring some stuff to the table. Toga, bitch. You know what, you have a broker, You have a lie down and I'll educate the people.
Speaker 4: I'm just not interested.
Speaker 2: I was, but I lost interest. I really hope that you're better prepared for next week's episode because you do realize we've finally come to episode one hundred and ten, and do you remember what you promised for episode one hundred and ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the telephone.
Speaker 2: Yes, talk back ting's line, Yes, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Maybe can we just push it back a week? Maybe because I've got I'm going to the logis next week and I don't want to be stress. The last thing I want is when I finally come face to face with Paddy Newton, for me to be absolutely beside myself because I'm trying to plan a telephone. So I promise the telethon episode one hundred and eleven.
Speaker 2: Okay, so are we still calling it Talkback Teams Live? I don't know if any if anyone listening right now has no idea what we're talking about. I can't even remember. We agreed to this ages ago where we were gonna we're going to do the episode as if it's a talkback radio, So we're going to do it on Facebook Live, so you can listen live and call in live. We're going to give out the studio numbers so people can ring in any points to our whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a special it's we're not going to have. We're gonna have igems, but we're not going to have It's not going to be a bulk of there's not going to be content. There's not going to be any history unless you guys begg me for it, in which case I will do it.
Speaker 2: I'm actually hoping that people listen live on Facebook Live and then they ring in like during one of our igems and game. Now I disagree with you there.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's the point. The point is in the opener to get calls and if you call at any time, we can take live calls, but you have to be watching us. We're going to be live on Facebook in a during idiots and on a couple of miches.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know your your planning this true? What do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just thinking out loud to be honest.
Speaker 2: Are you still thinking we do it on a Saturday? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I say we do it like a Saturday, like like a five pm start. So would that twenty fe and a half yeah, Saturday, Yes, Saturday. The twenty fifth is the is talkback tings Live, the iGEM annual telephone and you're all fuck off.
Speaker 2: Okay, so pop that in your diaries, idiot. Saturday twenty fifth, Saturday afternoon, we'll be on Facebook Lime and you can call into the show and interact. It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, won't that be fun.
Speaker 4: It's exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it actually happens, If it's anything like you being in charge of this week's episode, I hate to think.
Speaker 1: Call through historical facts. I'll be there and my and I will be listening anyway. Fucking hell. Well that's all I brought. So I mean I got nothing else?
Speaker 2: Oh that's all.
Speaker 1: Jenna? Did you bring it into the table?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Well, can I tell you where I feel that this this history segment belongs where Jenne's junk? Well said, maybe we should do a quick one of those, just to end on great idea where all our worst ideas come back to buy it us. Should we get into it?
Speaker 1: Yes, let's go, let's do it. Let's take a peek at Jenna's junk, shall we? These are the iges that don't make the cut. You know, we start the show with something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate, and sometimes if we don't, we don't like one and we think you know what, probably not good for the main show. It goes into Jenne's junk. So she's going to now dive in with those core cat like claws of you and bring it out.
Speaker 2: And sometimes we listen back to our so called terrible ideas when they come up in Jane's junk and we think, actually, we should have backed that that was quite decent. Let's see, I forget any decent ones today. If they're all shit. She's going in going to me next door.
Speaker 1: Its only normal, said oppositely, Jenner. I can see you in that joun Shut up.
Speaker 4: Is it just me or DJ's too loud?
Speaker 1: That was me?
Speaker 2: That was me? Oh no, they're doing their job, I know. But I'm talking about once again going back to corporate events when they're just meant to be kind of background music, and the idea of the event is that you're able to mingle and talk. If I have to scream at the top of my lungs, it gets really tedious, and having to say what for the third time, it gets so much. And sometimes I've actually said and this is so wanky, I've actually used it as an excuse to leave early. I'm like, sorry, I'm a podcaster. So I can't strain my vocals. I'm gonna have to go. I can't raise my voice like this. No, I've got a very I've got ever since I had that laryngitis I've had, I've got a very temperamental throat, so I can't be yelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I agree. I think there's a time and a place for a DJ. Like I love a DJ at a club or a twenty first or like a good fortieth, like a big event birthday. But if I'm going to like a client thing, Mitch and you know, Donut King are doing the celebration of their new cinema Donut Range, and they've got a fucking DJ playing to hits from shut Up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like, if it's a if you're there on the dance floor, great DJ, crank that it up. I don't mind. But if it's an event where there's you know, Aaron Cheney balls going around on a plate and like you're trying to mingle and shits, nah, it needs to be a little bit more quiet.
Speaker 1: Anyway. I think you want me to profess that you're bored.
Speaker 4: You can just whatever, Okay, shut up?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Or are you concerned for the welfare of all the sponsored children's from the two thousands.
Speaker 1: That's that's me, of course, it is. That's a me. Think where did they all go? Where are they now?
Speaker 2: I feel like I don't want to touch this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I am fully for it. I feel like it was such a fad. You'd walk through Westfield and instead of getting a you know, a g shot of moisturizer on your palm, you'd get what was the that was orange? What was the company called?
Speaker 2: It was like world Vision.
Speaker 1: World Vision would go, hey, here's Belinda and Uganda. Sponsor her and they'd try to get you to sponsor these kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the thing is they would have all the photos and you would choose which one you wanted.
Speaker 2: It was so.
Speaker 1: Unethical, like a pet shop. I go, well, he's got a cleft palette. I don't want Bob. I want the girl with a beautiful braided hair. It was so I can't believe we got away with doing that. It's so unethical. And where are they now?
Speaker 2: So you're saying it wouldn't kill them to do a follow up, It wouldn't kill them to do each season two?
Speaker 1: You know, I want to know what's going on? And I'll be honest, and this is not a joke. I'm not making fun of the situation. I think it's fuck that we did in the first place. But our sponsored child at Woolaware High School when I was growing up.
Speaker 2: Was had a shared sponsored child.
Speaker 1: Yes, we had film on Starvin. That was his name, hand on hard film on Starvin.
Speaker 2: That's real, Janna, please dive back into the junk.
Speaker 1: Please film on Starvin. I'm not I'm being fully serious. No one heard from Philmon Starvin. We haven't got an update on filhm on and I'm invested. I still remember that poor guy's name. Where is he? Is he working in the US? Is he in London? I want to know what film on Starvin's doing. Actually, I'm gonna quickly search him on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why haven't you done this yet?
Speaker 1: I'm not joking. Oh god, all right, jump back into the junk. General, I'll get for a photo of fag Okay, go go.
Speaker 4: Is it just me or do you wish you could say thank you ma'am?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, that's mine because my dad was in town recently and he's always been able to do it. But the other day we were ordering food somewhere and he just really confidently pulls off, thank you, ma'am. And I'm like, if I said that, I feel like it would sound condescending or try hard. But Dad, it beautiful and he's like, oh, thank you, ma'am. And it sounds so sincere and endearing. And I'm like, maybe it's an age thing. Maybe I'll get to a certain age where I can pull that off. I can't say sir either, like, oh thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's patronizing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I just found the Wolfware High School newsletter in pdf form. I wasn't really listening.
Speaker 2: I could tell I'm not stupid.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Sorry, So I've got it here. Jenna, My god, it's real. That's his name right there. I'm not making it up.
Speaker 2: We're not questioning the film on he graduated, Ship he graduated.
Speaker 1: Hold on. This is on the Wallware High School Facebook page today we would like to celebrate. Oh my god, when was this? I'm clicking learn more?
Speaker 2: Can you do this in your own time?
Speaker 1: Holy shit, that's him Jenner film.
Speaker 2: I'm not in the room.
Speaker 1: I'll send you the link. All right, I'm happy. Sorry that was full circle film on Graduator. That's very very cool, very good to know. All right, Yeah, next one, man?
Speaker 4: Okay, is it just me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Where the fuck is my birth certificate?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Me again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: I had to bloody submit it the other day with a rental application, which was weird. You know how you have to put a certain amount of points of ID. I gave them medic care, I gave them a driver's life, but apparently that wasn't enough and they needed a birth certificate. And I was like, I could not even begin to imagine where the fuck that's ended up? Where on earth is my birth certificate? Does anyone know where they keep it? No?
Speaker 1: Mine was in a silver scroll, Like I remember mine used to be on a mantelpiece and it was sorry it was in a metal silver scroll.
Speaker 2: No, but I don't think that's it. That's not the official one. Some parents order like a decorative one to put on the wall, but the actual, official, legally binding document is what they need is proof, Like the decorative one on the wall doesn't count. Oh shit, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know where mine is. I was born premature. Do they backdate those things? How does that work?
Speaker 2: Do you have a spot where you're keeping your important documents because I thought maybe the birth certificates in there. But all I found was like old certificates that I won in high school and an old prescription for viagra. I was like, wow, I really thought that was an important document.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got one of those draws. It's got a screwdriver, some batteries and a good pair of tongues and a torch.
Speaker 2: A pair of tongues in your important documents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really convoluted. It's not clean.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm going back in.
Speaker 1: She's diving in.
Speaker 2: I love how she can get two fists in there these days. He's been practicing.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Jenna.
Speaker 4: Pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Or do tea companies need to be more explicit with their caffeine levels.
Speaker 2: We've done that, have we? That was in the junk last time, Jennet? Have you not taken the jenner?
Speaker 1: You need to clean out your giant?
Speaker 4: Can you put it in twice?
Speaker 1: You're meant to shred them?
Speaker 4: You put it in twice?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, I'll move on from this. I bought a smag milk froth on Facebook Marketplace. Such a bargain. He had a bit of baked on milk. I had to baking soda it out.
Speaker 2: But I remember that with your Ashtray of the Week on trash Alley.
Speaker 1: It was it was I'd so much fun on that show. Spotify. Won't we want to back every week? I said, you can't do that to Matt. I bought it and I love it. But now I'm into my hot chocolate era. So I went from my saying yes era, sociale era to my hot chocolate era.
Speaker 2: You know what I reckon's happened. This is what's happened. You decided that you would be in your social yes man era when it was a bit warmer, and then the months have gotten a bit cooler, and you're like, fuck this, I'm saying at home with a hot choky. I know exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: Yea, Yeah, I bought a fucking expensive hot chocolate maker and I didn't realize they're full of caffeine. So I made my hot chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yes, it keeps you up.
Speaker 1: I didn't sleep till three am the night of my first hot chocolate.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I think, are you sure it's caffeine or is it just like the sugar?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the sugar and the cocoa, some caffeine. There is some caffee? Is there enough to because I googled it? Ready, me, did you know this? And apple has the same amount as caffeine as a full one shot coffee?
Speaker 2: Bullshit, he's serious.
Speaker 1: Yep. I'm going to google it now because there's caffeine and chocolate too. Yep. In a normal serving of one hundred grams of chocolate, Mitchell, there is forty three grams of caffeine. Caffeine and an apple is a lot. Shit, that's a lot, a lot?
Speaker 2: My god, what is it?
Speaker 1: That is pretty nuts? Shit, it's a lot. Maybe we should go anymore in your junk, Jenna.
Speaker 4: That's it's too much to go through.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get out of here.
Speaker 2: What is going on on your end of caffeine?
Speaker 1: I have to sorry. I googled how much caffeine is there in an apple? And then in bold it says there is zero. And then as you were talking, I googled it again and then it said it never has been like it was doubling down.
Speaker 2: So I couldn't be right. I knew that couldn't be right. Was thinking me, I'm gonna buy some apples.
Speaker 1: It's in bold and says there is no caffeine in it, you idiot and I were trying to get all Also, how that was misinformation if we never owned up to it. All those people think there's feed in apples.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really should own up to it next time. Because I knew something was going on. I'm not in the same room with you, but I can see you on the computer and Jennet's going, yeah, that's much. That's so much, Cavin, that's so much, and I'm like, Okay, they're fucking They're trying to be sly here. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Really? I love that you and I didn't have to say anything. We both just went, yeah, that's cafe, all right, let's get out of here. I feel like I've just had an apple or two. You're so buzzed. We will see you guys next week, and then for the talk back tings live the following week. The telephone will be happening. Details to come.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that. Should we get a guest on next week.
Speaker 1: I'll book a guest. I'll put some feelers out.
Speaker 4: This one's a child.
Speaker 1: What is the film on? Start? I told you I don't want people to get mad at me. I'm not joking. I want to know where they are because we donated money, and I feel like it was such a scam at the time, Like I'm worried that that money even go to the kids.
Speaker 2: Don't the kids write letters and stuff. I feel like everyone knows individually what's happened to their sponsor child.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe they're all getting like weekly newsletters or something.
Speaker 2: It's actually, when you really think about it, what happens to all those sponsored children. It's technically none of your fucking business. They're entitled to their private life.
Speaker 1: True. Actually, yeah, you're right now, you're right.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it was just a thought I had to just like visual, I don't have to expose their employment and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, true. Anyway, all right, thank you for listening everyone.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 1: Please leave us a five star review if you haven't yet. It bumps us up in the algorithm, it keeps us going.
Speaker 2: We love you, and a five star rating on Spotify of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, yes, please, Otherwise we will see you guys next week for episode one hundred and ten.
Speaker 2: We'll see it then, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Is it just Me? A podcast by a couple of.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit to follow on your podcast down.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a to dbrief. This is our secret segment. On the end. We just keep talking shit on the end. Once the show's done, nothing's planned here.
Speaker 1: It's ad lib.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's improv.
Speaker 1: It's improv. Oh my god. I had a dream the other night that I was doing improv and it just took me back to the terror of my first ever live show in la It was I was so out of my depth. I was nineteen. I'm like, I'm hilarious. And then you go to like actual improvisers who are it's like their craft, and they like build these amazing scenes from nothing like in an improv show. You get up on stage and there's like four performers sitting on chairs at the back of the theater, and the monot oh god, monologicist, someone who does the monologue gets up tells a story about their life, any story I could have told, the film on Starvin story. And then you walk to the back of the stage and then the four improvisers for an hour do a live show based on that story.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, now you were in one of those shows.
Speaker 1: I was in heaps of those shows. Yeah, we did them every Friday night.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you know what you'd be good at. Yeah, I reckon you would be great if you were employed as a waiter at Karen's Diner, because I went there during the week and they'd come up to us with insults that they'd clearly thought of, and then I'd throw it back at them, like I wouldn't just you know, laugh, I would actually throw something back and they would be completely thrown like they didn't have a comeback. They were like, oh, like they did not know how to keep it going, keep the banter flowing. And a couple of times the the waitress or waiter would leave and then they would just come back at random and just say an insult and then walk away. I'm like, did they have to go away and think about an insult and then they just came up and said it and walked away like they weren't there for any other reason.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. That No, they're just googling insult generator.
Speaker 2: They did not like the back and forth when I tried to engage.
Speaker 1: Well, I've just googled insult generator ready, and you just click generate and it says, here we go, here's an insult. Call them a white trash cockpit. I'll click it again. Oh, call them a stupid shit socket.
Speaker 2: I've got a physical version of an insult generator. You want me to find it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go for it. I've got another one, you pompous cock dragon. Are you idiotic shark captain? Wow? They really double down with the captain to in a row?
Speaker 4: You go, Jenna, Oh shut up, you duck nosed duck pirate.
Speaker 1: Wow, double duck fuck off, slimy duck knob. Wow. They repeat, we had two ducks in a row.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn you creepy butt pirate.
Speaker 1: The next one will be spooky ghost pirate. Oh no, no, sorry, I'm staying corrected. It's slimy crutch goblin job title generator. I didn't know all these generators existed. All right, what do you do for work? I'm a collaborative consulting master. It sounds real, Jenna, what do you do for work?
Speaker 4: I'm an e commerce development Jen, what's a jem?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm a hypertext application implementer.
Speaker 4: Oh really, you just got the new job as is a terry technical sider.
Speaker 1: But that was after you with a global systems genius.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, and then you became the interactive.
Speaker 1: Solutions not I that wasn't the official title. Look at these romantic pet name Generator.
Speaker 4: Oh you're a magical chocolate chip.
Speaker 1: Happy anniversary, lascious lava otter.
Speaker 2: Okay, I found the book.
Speaker 1: Look okay, sorry, General and I were on a real ramp page.
Speaker 2: Oh, creative cursey, creative cursing. So you open the book and there's two sides to it. There's like a page on the left and the page of the right, and you just open it and mix the match. So I'll open a page on the left and you've got got it. And I'll open a page on the right, and now I've got Oh that's not nice. I'm not reading that.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, here we go.
Speaker 2: Was it that bad? Prick jammer?
Speaker 1: Oh how gorgeous?
Speaker 2: I just shuffle that. I'll open a page on the left. Oh, this isn't good. I have a feeling I've done this on the podcast before. But oh, well we're here now, scumfucker A good one.
Speaker 1: That's good, Jenny, you had that on your Year twelve, Jersey.
Speaker 2: I did. Okay, Well, that was that was interesting.
Speaker 1: That was fun. Mitch Jenner and I got to the romantic pet Name Generator.
Speaker 2: Yes, can I just say what's going on with you at the moment. There's a lot of you on the computer googling and reading shit out.
Speaker 1: I've just discovered the internet.
Speaker 2: Have It's like, you've just discovered the internet. We just we spent a whole, like fifteen minutes last week of you googling the names of ship and then you've brought it back downe another history lesson? Which is this you reading of Google?
Speaker 1: Well that was the major Mitchell, Yeah, true, and now it is organic And.
Speaker 2: Now at the moment you're like, well, I've just googled an insult generator. I'm like, what can you stop?
Speaker 1: Google? Does sound like I've just I've just discovered.
Speaker 2: It's like Google's paying you to be like, how good is Google?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: But the Chromebook, the newest Chromebook. Oh my god, it is so easy for twelve ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Okay Google.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm a Hay series kind of guy series all through my series. So stupid. She's not she's talking, Oh sorry, sirih. She just doesn't. She's not intuitive, Like you really need to spell it out for Siriri.
Speaker 4: She's pretty dumb.
Speaker 1: I feel like Google can piece together, you know, a mission mash sentence, but not Siri.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Siri, I never know what precise commands to use because they have to use the same words every time. But I feel like Google they figure it out, Like you can say, oh, can you add this to my notes, and it'll figure it out, whereas Siri you have to use a particular phrase. Like if I'm driving and I think it's something that I want to write in my phone notes, I'll have to do like add new phone note, and it'll be like creating contact called phone note. I'm like, no, like I can't remember the phrase you have to use, but it's it's more trouble than it's worth trying to get a phone note out of theire I agree.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the new update though for iOS iOS sixteen or.
Speaker 4: Something I heard about it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Mitch, so that the new Apple software is coming out at the end of the year and they've added the ability to edit and unsend text messages in our message edit edit. So if I send you a message and go duck you, but really I wanted to say fuck you, you can hit it and the message has been sent. It's in the blue text bubble. You can edit it and write fuck you. But it will say underneath it edited.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's the problem fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can also unsend a message and it goes Mitch unsentd a message, which is the same as Facebook messinger.
Speaker 2: Really, do you know what I found really weird the other day. Yeah, kerry Anne Kenneley, Oh, sent me a message and then unsent it because you know how on Instagram it tells you, oh, a user has unsent a message, but it'll never nark and tell you who it actually was. So I got a notification it was when we were making that darro Lee dominoes, you know that knocking all the chocolates over, And I got a notification saying kerry Anne Kennley replied to your story and she says, I hope this becomes a real whatever the result, Like Kerry Anne was invested in the Darley domino how.
Speaker 1: Does she know what it really is?
Speaker 2: I know, like she even put a capital R on reel like she's up with the technology.
Speaker 1: Daniel Doody must have gotten it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, kerry An replied to me. And as I'm reading the message preview, it vanishes and I get someone unsent a message, And I went into mine and Carry's chat history nothing. Why did she get cold feet? I thought were mates?
Speaker 1: Now maybe it was a gay pa who wants to fuck you and he was accidentally Kerry's account, Ean shit, Carry can't.
Speaker 2: Say that, Oh my god, imagine. But then he never he never switched to his reel account and followed up.
Speaker 1: So interesting. Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 2: Maybe I should just message Carry back and say haha, thanks, carry the reels up now, and then she'd be like, how did he know? I thought I unsent it?
Speaker 1: Middle aged celebrities are weird. Merrick Watt's message followed me and messaged me the other day and he just wrote, haha to one of my stories. I'm like, that's not how you start a conversation, Mirk.
Speaker 2: It is that's how you break the eyes. Yeah, I'm gone back to bed. I feel sick.
Speaker 1: Sorry, are you feeling okay?
Speaker 2: You are right. It's just I've got like the flu or whatever's going around. I've got like a bit of a head cold hasn't affected my throat, which is a miracle good. But yeah, I've got a bit of a head and I've just got that really gross muscle achey feeling. It's not COVID before you ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I had last night severe diarrhea out of nowhere, and I felt fine, and then it was solid this morning. So sometimes they just hit that out of the blue.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, why did you say that?
Speaker 1: Because you're sharing your illness, and I thought, I'm gonna be brave, inspired by my friend and comrade, and I'm gonna tell my story to Okay, awful, Genn. Know what to tell us about something that's happened to you recently?
Speaker 4: Nothing's happened really recently medically. No, Oh, I am getting a gum graft.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're taking like gum from the roof of my mouth and putting it onto my tooth.
Speaker 1: Which tooth? What's happening too?
Speaker 2: Why is there not enough gum there?
Speaker 4: No, Apparently it's protruding or something I don't know, retreating, probably because it's enough gun. I know. I couldn't either until I went to the periodontist.
Speaker 2: What the hell is the periodontist.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a place that my dentist, a dinosaur in.
Speaker 1: The ground ten to sent me to Perio dantist.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of a periodontist, neither of I, so think of me on July fourth at ten am.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm getting an MRI on Friday this week of my brain and spine, just to check up on my aurora borealis, my kiari malformation, because I've been having bad migraines. And I call that because I'm, you know, a heavier boy. I call and I just checking your weight limits. You know you can do people, you know one thirty and up and she went, let me check, put me on hold. Yeah, now, machine, we do horses here, so you'll be right. Oh wow. That really puts my mind at rest, knowing that they might horses and.
Speaker 2: You're like, how well fed of the horses? Though a horse if it's a little Shetland pony, I need to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm talking Jersey cows, Like what what kind of farm animals? I need a pick of this of this mayor please mr. Anyway, So Mitch is getting his nasal cavity rinsed out, Jenna's getting a gum graft, and I'm getting an MRI. Role in the world.
Speaker 2: I never said anything about my nasal cavity. What are you talking about? Time to go.
Speaker 1: We should get out of here, every one. I just assume isn't that what people do when they're sick. They wash out their naise all cowties.
Speaker 2: Oh right, I don't know what he's saying. The nose douche. I should get some more of those. They're great. I do love a nose douche. I've never done it, but oh it's quite satisfying. You get that weird feeling like when you accidentally inhale at the beach or something like water up your nose. But it works, It works. It kind of burns, Nah, not really because it's not salt water like a beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'll have to give it a shower. All right. Guys, we love you, Thank you for listening to the show. We'll see you next week. I hope you're all feeling better, Mitch.
Speaker 2: We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today, that's all. So why do you guys struggle with that every week?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you both wait for the other person to start. Mitch. I'm saying, from now on, you take charge of the cenn Do.
Speaker 1: It again, do it again again.
Speaker 2: God, we hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today. That's all. Just two percent so we do. That was great with some confidence you both look at each other with panning in your eyes. Now we know they know, we know all right.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week. You Rommy love you so yes, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of make sure you've had to follow on your podcast