Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: You could hear the relishment dilk So you're not Pablo Escobar.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four, Fine three, Show one one and forty three, Christian.
Speaker 4: O'Connell's show, Good On and Jack Morning guys, gime Onne and Patsy. So Patsy looks like you feel gutted that you actually have to be at work today.
Speaker 3: I am in the money. Can I just say I don't know what I'm going to spend my money on? First, finally got around to yesterday checking my ticket from the Powerball draw the other week. That record one hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 4: So much money, isn't it, And you haveten to hear about the story of someone who forgot they did it. It finds out a couple of weeks later, and you always think, this is it. I can film me telling this story on the project in the next couple of days. I've done that before we went. This is significant. I need to I need to really sew down and remember all the next steps. I picked up the phone, I checked the numbers. I'm like it surely can't be, because I'll be telling like this with Graham Norton, probably Tom Hanks to be there. It didn't read, really, Tom, it really happened like this. He's like, please going to be in the movie of this tell us again. So what happened, Pats.
Speaker 3: I'm driving to the lotto shop. I thought, what do I do first? Or we can pay that off and or we do need to do up the bathroom. It's been talking about that for ages.
Speaker 4: So I get a bloody house. I know right, no one's retail. They're getting ken asking at their gear.
Speaker 3: I don't trust myself to check it myself, just in case, you know, I throw the ticket out and I actually am like a multi billionaire gazillionaire. So I go to the shop and I say to the man, would you mind checking my ticket? And he said, oh, this is like from a couple of weeks a guy. I said, I know, and I'm waiting for the bells and the whin because when you win something, you hear the ding ding ding on his machine.
Speaker 4: Do you yes?
Speaker 3: His has like a little euro winner. The guy the newsagents, Yes.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's appropriate because you could get munked or something for so much could happen? I want to.
Speaker 3: Target on my head anyway, So I did the ding ding ding, and I went oh, and he said, well, you've won something. And I said what have I won? And he said, you've won two dollars.
Speaker 4: Forty Yeah, don't fire up the.
Speaker 3: Cost of the ticket. Two dollars, that's forty.
Speaker 4: What did the ticket cost?
Speaker 3: Oh twenty? I think I got like a twenty five dollar ticket. Yeah, like not even barely a soft serve each through matters with the family and the dollar.
Speaker 4: I'd love to speak to people they who have actually won a decent amount of money on those things.
Speaker 5: The person who I know is one of the most is my auntie when we were kids, won seven thousand dollars. But that's still division four, Division five, Division five. Don't you ever see when they do it on the news? So someone wins division one, which is one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: Got to be honest, I thought it was like a sports thing, so they win promotion or bloody how they gamble on anything in this country.
Speaker 5: And then Division two might be like twelve or fifteen thousand dollars, and then it slowly goes down until pads must have been division ten.
Speaker 4: Win to what division? We you? Is it I can meet raffle? Does it go down that?
Speaker 3: I don't think I was even in a division?
Speaker 4: Show?
Speaker 5: Beanies, beanies?
Speaker 4: All right, let's find out this morning who has won the most the most?
Speaker 2: Okay, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, So Saturday's about see. She didn't win one hundred and fifty million dollars in the power ball. She won two dollars forty today on the show. You can call us up anytime if you want. You can text me anonymously. I'd love to hear from people have actually won a decent amount of money on any of the lottoes or powables. On nine four one four one four three, Jack Patsy was just asking everyone on the team to motivate this morning. How much money would they have to win to quit the show and radio and not not get up early.
Speaker 5: To quit a job in general?
Speaker 4: Interesting questions because you need a certain amount of money and I think all of us have where you think this could get me buy the rest of my.
Speaker 3: Life set and forget, and cost.
Speaker 5: Of living is really expensive, and even though we enjoy this job and coming in here. There's a certain level of money that would make the four thirty am alarm for very It's not even.
Speaker 4: That it's it's the night before, isn't it. You think I should go to bed and there would go. Actually, there's no shit in my life anymore.
Speaker 5: I can stay up as late as I.
Speaker 4: Want, could buy the bloody station. Yes, so what is it? What's it for you?
Speaker 5: I think as soon as you get into the millions, he would make it. He would make it tricky. But you can't. I guess.
Speaker 4: When when Jack doesn't turn up one day, don't call it going? Is everything okay going? He finally will, and he will never speak to us again.
Speaker 5: No, I would love to like maybe, I'd love to we'd love to feel bad about it. Maybe two or three times a week i'd come in from seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would not, I don't think, because actually you don't have to sell. You might be out playing golf one day and some of the other billionaire buddies go, oh, we're off to uh, we're off to Canada tomorrow, and our private Jenney go, I'll do that.
Speaker 5: But then, but then when I come back from Canada, maybe I'll drop in see my friends do a bit of radio still, so I can say I have a job. I'm still working. I was still work at the radio station, but mostly I'm living off the millions that I want.
Speaker 4: It's alazy, though, isn't it, Because actually what the thing that really gets us through life is having meaning in something. And if you put all that money in, where would you get the meaning from because you wouldn't need to do it.
Speaker 5: I watched his duco ages ago about people in the US who won big jackpots, and then they catch up with him again five and ten years later, and a lot of them weren't very happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's ruin there lasts for a lot of them because they don't have plans in place. A lot of people actually just blow all the cash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they buy jet skis, new cars, They do up their bathroom all la la.
Speaker 4: I did a TV show about eighteen years ago, and the audience each week would be comprised of everybody who did the same job, five fighters in one week. And then one week we thought it'll be interesting, we go susn't We got people who won at least three million each on the lottery, right, So that was a whole studio audience, right, And afterwards I went out for a couple of drinks with them and that, and I was chanting. So it was just really interesting to meet these people. And I was asking him, didn't make you happy? And they said it had changed their lives, but none of them said they were any happier. It brought them more choice, but he said it ruined all of their friendships and cred attention within families as well, because suddenly if anyone hears about something or something goes wrong, you're expected to pay for it, and the money runs out or dwindles a lot quicker than you think it does. And a lot said, the thing is, other people who have this kind of money, they had to work for years to get it, unless they inherited from rich parents. And so you kind of like, we don't even fit into their group. So other rich people don't accept you because they don't think you've earned it the right way. And then one of them said he had to go through therapy. He really really struggled with it, right, And he said that the guy said, it's a it's a syndrome. It's called paradise syndrome, where you actually don't think you deserve it because just randomly the computer selected you. You haven't done anything for it.
Speaker 5: But maybe it's lucky you didn't win yesterday.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you would never know if I had, you would never know we would you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sorry. I don't think you've been plugging Ancho every Friday. It's another products Oh the.
Speaker 2: Week, Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show. But just again, just came to the studio. I just went thirty million. I'm gladdy what they're giving Carla pay Rise thirty million? That's just what I've just crunched a numbers well to take for me at the show, thirty million and break down. What would you do once you've got your thirty millions? What's the life plan, Caitlin?
Speaker 6: If you win it twenty mil into the ASEX two hundred and I'd just live off the dividends of that and travel around the world love it.
Speaker 4: What would you do though? Plus you've got that little pretentious dog Henry. At most countries you wouldn't able to take him.
Speaker 5: Into Remember what happened to Johnny Depp? You trying to bring those trying to shut them in the overhead locker.
Speaker 6: I'd only go to countries that would allow him in, which I'm happy with.
Speaker 4: And I know Italy really narrows down the travel plans.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you know Italy does? Have you actually looked out to take your dog to Italy?
Speaker 4: Breoh? Google it? Now? Can you bring in your pets to Italy on holiday? There's no way? Why would they want that? Well, that's your life plan sorted today on the show, we want to speak to people to hear me. We have actually won a decent amount of money on any of the lottoes of the Lottery ten. For my fifth eighth birthday, I won six hundred dollars on a ticket. Might as well I've been the one hundred and fifty million. How excited it was. That is a huge up money at that age, right, so much money Christians this morning took him out. I have you one who think in nineteen ninety three my mom and dad won eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Also in the nineties, that's probably worth a couple of million. Now you always do that when you think about you add on a couple of million. You have no idea what the wrote one hundred and twenty Mili eight hundred thousand and nineteen ninety three in current prices. They played the same number for over twenty years and winning eight hundred thousand dollars. Also, houses would have been so much cheaper than buy a house that yeah you reckon you get on now six thousands.
Speaker 5: For that twenty Ask them what they did with the money. I know it's on text, but.
Speaker 7: They're just about to tell me here. It's really sorry because they put it in. They probably thought Jack albe no one of the one want to know? I guess as if it's a producers, haven't orders quit.
Speaker 4: The money allowed them to buy a new house, travel which they'd never done before, and live comfortably for the rest of their lives. That's amazing. Thank you very much, Sharon for tax in all right, then, today's filling in the name of one thousand dollars up to for you to win. Filling in the name of one thousand dollars you to win right now. Thanks you. Smile Solutions Transform Your Smile were the specialists as Smile Solutions located in the iconic Manchester Unity Building. What is the song Jack is doing in the dentist chair today? Let's play the acting.
Speaker 8: Say.
Speaker 6: Have you listened to any good songs recently?
Speaker 5: Oh fool for well?
Speaker 2: Well, all all.
Speaker 4: Right, lines over, now, what do you think the song is? Get it right and you win one thousand lots in cash? Can you quit your job with that?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show this morning, we're asking if everyone a significant amount of money or decent amount of cash from any form of lottery. Christian my cousin won about seventy thousand dollars in a work lotto syndicate in nineteen ninety one. The group of them won two point six million, then split it thirty seven ways. Interest rates at the time were about seventeen percent, so he was able to pay off his crippling mortgage over night. But he's the kicker. Thirty seven of them were in the syndicate, but thirty nine people were at the workplace. The remaining two pass on the invite to be part of the syndica to missed out on seventy thousand dollars each, And of course most of them just still carried on working there. But knowing that that is awkward, that is you have to do? You know what? Phats I'm sure you must have reported on these over these there are so many legal cases where someone was off sick so that yeah, people were ten years and then they missed one, miss one them. That's the one that comes in and they go to court and they I don't think they get the money, but there's been a load of these cases, all right. This morning's filling in the name of filling in the name of one thousand dollars in cashire on every single day of this week thanks to Smile Solutions, Transform your smile with a specialist at Smile Solutions in the iconic Manchester Unity Building, it's going to work out what the song is. Jack is doing in the dentist chair while we all oh fool love for Adam.
Speaker 9: Good morning guys.
Speaker 4: Morning out and welcome for the show. Why do you think the song is?
Speaker 9: I think it is Can you Feel the Love Tonight? By the good old famous Elton.
Speaker 4: John well done is famous. It's the famous Elton John made no mistake in case you heard that one. Elton Who there, he's Elton John, Adam well done. You win a thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much, guys, have a lovely day. You guys, make the morning fantastic.
Speaker 4: Oh bless you. You've made us, sir and Adam. What you're going to do with your money? Mate?
Speaker 9: Well, my little daughter lost her first tooth yesterday, so I think the tooth fair is going to be a little bit special.
Speaker 4: You're gonna sat in president down a thousand bucks lopelow and a honeynose.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we might go to the movies, might go see Garfield, and might hire a little limousine for a couple of hundreds.
Speaker 4: So make it.
Speaker 9: Special day for her.
Speaker 5: Such a great idea.
Speaker 4: Can I come along too? I love the Garfield movie that came out about twenty years ago. At Bill Murray is the voice. I think Chris Pratt is Garfer this time. I love Garfield.
Speaker 9: Yes, very good movie. Thank you so much guy, I'm so appreciated.
Speaker 4: Shun that limodor on my photo at the windows just going up. That's your favorite DJing who said you love the show? To make your morning?
Speaker 5: Christian just pushed the money through the window.
Speaker 4: Off you go, all right, Adam, Well done.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show. Hey, good morning, is Christian O'Connell here? It is carded seventh Thursday morning. On my way into the radio station. This morning, I went on a little Maca's drive through and Saint kild and I got myself a cheek it ort a hot chocolate and the this occasion is like a warm hug for my soul. And normally that's on I'm on. The employees are students, and because there are a lot of regular customers that time of the early hours of the day in Saint this guy recognized me and he listens to the show and he said, hello, Christian. There is a joy when someone says hello to you another human being, very early in the morning, right just hearing your own name said you were like, my god, someone knows them up and a live right now. So I thought, this morning, we're going to try and say good morning to as many of you as possible wherever you are right now. Listen to the show where you outwork on your way to out walking the dogs, whatever you're doing. Let me know what your name is where you are, and we'll say hello after this song. So text us in four seven five three one oh four three, text me oh four seven five o three one o four three your name and what you're up to and we say hello.
Speaker 2: Next Christian no Connall's show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show. Someone said, good morning Christian, this morning right. It just made me feel so happy. So we're a return that good deed to you this morning. We're going to try and cram in sixty seconds the good morning minute. How many good mornings can we give away this morning to you guys? All right, let's do it. Good mine, Good, Good morning do you? Good morning to Ruper in Country Victoria Place called Bagshot. We are the only radio show he's ever listened to. Morning to Melissa doing upper bathroom right now. Good morning to Tara driving the kids to childcare. Best job in the world. Good morning to Peter loading his truck. Jackie boy Good morning to Lisa and Bentley.
Speaker 5: She says, Hi, team, I'm doing my morning cycle down Beach Road.
Speaker 3: Patsy Yeah, Brandon Roussett werribe down my way. Please say good morning to my grumpy friend, Joshua Boyle.
Speaker 4: Good morning to Ray driving a truck.
Speaker 5: Good morning to Janelle and carram Down. She is a garbologist working in the Cranbolle West area.
Speaker 3: And another one out my way Hoppers crossing Keith Goodwin. Very good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: Jack.
Speaker 3: Pat's working hard in a locksmithing workshop building locks.
Speaker 4: Marty says good morning to us. Thank you Marty, and good morning Marty.
Speaker 5: Good morning to Pat Leicester and Cranburne. Big Pat truck driver.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry mat Hi, Kristin and team Nick for Berry Warren North here heading to the city on the Moner. Good luck, have an amazing day.
Speaker 4: Good morning to a run out of time. Goodrning to Janine walking on dog Clancy.
Speaker 5: Good morning to Emma Osbourne. Christian, it is Emma. I'm driving my son Tim work.
Speaker 4: Hi Emma. Good morning to Jasmine uber driver. Listen to the show right now on the Gold Coast. Jack post flies up next Thursday. Can you pick him up? Jasmine and his golf club. Thank you, Francis. On our way to the CBD. Amanda on the East Link driving to work, and good morning to phil In Lily Dell warming up his car. Good morning to you, Good morning, Good morning. Do you like doing that? Let's do that again.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show right now on the show, and then we're getting back into the eights at of school, it's all about the letter D this week or DA. So if you're a wild and crazy guy like Jack and I, we got detentions, old square bear Patsy didn't get one. I got quite a few, actually, and one of the main ones was from do you remember when it was raining? You wouldn't have had a lot of this office in Australia, but we did in the UK. It was really miserable during the winter because you weren't allowed to go outside during break and recess indoor time. That was the highlight of the day, just getting out there in the prison yard, and so you used to have to stay indoors and have your break indoors, and then some poor teacher would have to keep an eye on you because unfortunately you look up the prisoners without letting them outside. It got feral in there you're in. The windows would all steam up in there and you'd draw rude symbols on the windows, and so there was always a teacher that to give up their lunch break to watch you horrible lot, and so the teacher would just be in there for a couple of minutes, then they buger off, probably have a cigarette, cry shot of whiskey and then come back round again. And so there would be about sort of a hundred of us in there in at desks, about eighty deaths. So we started this game. You had to try and like crocodiles, jumping on the crocodile heads. You were trying and jump as many run across as many desks as possible before somewhere the teacher's coming. Anyway, I got caught. They didn't turn them when the teachers were coming in. You remember they said Yeo's surname if they were angry, Oh God, get down. There were two types of attention. There was a normal detention, which was the next day's lunch break when you had to go and sit in silence. Or there was the head master's attention, when you had to go and sit in his office right at the end of the day for an hour while he just sort of did his admin. And the head masters were always terrified, weren't they.
Speaker 5: We only had we had two types of detention. Yeah, sit in silence with the other people who have got detention. Or yard duty, which was going up.
Speaker 4: And picking was the worst one because your mates always go you missed a bit there and chuck rubbish down and you had that little grab a thing in the sack. It was humidia. But if it was your best day ever, just following and going, you've missed a book there. So what did you get a detention for? Jackie Boyd? You've got detention, didn't you? What do you get?
Speaker 5: I would get detentions for not wearing a blaze and not tucking my shirt in. I wore a beanie a lot at school when you beanies weren't on. This guy allowed uniform wow. And then once I got a wrong detention for I got detention for breaking the drum teacher's drumstick, which I didn't do.
Speaker 4: And it was the first person a kid then being wrong for their kids.
Speaker 5: That's first how I realized, Hey, there's no justice for the common man. Say it's a detention. Where do I get to stand in front of my peers and say that I did not break that drumstick?
Speaker 4: Where's my twelve angry man?
Speaker 5: Where's the evidence?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: How did you get blamed for it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: He just said I saw you in the music room over lunchtime. You were the only one in there, which wasn't true. There were other kids and there no one owned up to it.
Speaker 4: These things, there's scars that lay lifetime. So what did you get a detention for?
Speaker 2: Give us a call The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, Christian Means and Friends. Scrived off a lesson, bunked off empty class some we found that looked over some back gardens where he saw a woman with sunbathing. We were looking. A husband saw us and complain to the school. Oh oh you got call you little purse. James love it. I bet you tears can have a bloody wife. Mate could suddenly brings out his wife a cup of tea and lemonade. A load of horny boys watching Laura. Yes, Christian, I got a detention for drinking my drink after I left the dinner hall. Done, done, done, Christian. I carved my name into my desk board during a chemistry lesson in retrospect. It wasn't the best idea to carve my full name. I tried to deny it. Well, mister Peter Sanson.
Speaker 5: The thing was when you got that compass in maths class that had the pointing in he was just too ent desks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Agent, I got caught smoking in a storage shed belonging to the school with three mates during recess, were caught by the vicar Nita sam now an atheist. Fergus, you must have gone to a posh school. Fergus felled your Latin test. You got detention, Richie. I said to the IT teacher at my Catholic comprehensive school that the computer I was trying to use was a bugget, and I got a letter sent home for unfit language. Becoming a young man, Jim. When they said you are letting down, Lisa, tell you off go. You are letting down the badge on your blazer and the fine name of the school, and let you. He gave a crap about the school name, the good name of this school. You up. We expected you to uphold its values.
Speaker 5: I remember you mostly didn't care about getting a detention unless your parents would it in some way. The lake Time Ones school.
Speaker 4: That was really bad. H Tristan, I got attention for fighting with my future best friend at recess. Cried so hard when I had to tell my parents, who then spent most of the even trying to reassure me that everything was all right. Let's go to Lillian Morning. Lilian Morning, Lillian, what did you get a detention for?
Speaker 10: I went to a private Catholic school, girls school, and we were sitting in our parking class in one of the girls through a half eaten apan all out the window and it actually hit the principal, who was a nun, and so we were all put on to attention for two hours until someone owned up to doing it.
Speaker 4: My god, I'm spartacus, I'm spartacus. Well now I's going to own up. You can all have attention. Do you remember that? It was a real pressure point that whether or not you were all going to be strong or not, and then if you didn't, and then you didn't want to be that nerd that said who it was not at all.
Speaker 10: But anyhow, she owned up after two hours, so we all got taken out of attention. She got depended.
Speaker 4: I tell you what though, I went to a Catholic school as well. Udonamous with those nuns. They are not terrifying people. Terrifying people all right Lydia, thank you very much the.
Speaker 2: Story Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show talking about what do you get a detention for? At school? Today? On the show, Christian when I was in grade five, I got a detention because I watched Beverly Hills cop and decided to be great prank to put a banana in my teacher's exhaust pipe. Lucky that that happened to you, Eddie. Maybe you should have phone in one day inspired by the movies. Christian, I got to attention for a week. A week's attention. I didn't even know that was a thing. This is from Dez. I introduced my mate in a drama role at a school play as mister our soul. Week long detention for weeks, foul language. It's all petty crimes, doesn't it really? I refuse that Wendy refused to take her coat off in a French class bit chilly, and she got detention for that. Christian, I got detention. Do you remember that? Do you guys just have the detention slip for the after school one you have to take home to your parents. Yes, yeah, I got a detention slip. I still have a Christian, It says on the Dueling with Hazardous Poles, Christian had to do circuits instead of a attention twenty times around the school playing fields for copying French homework. Christian, I used to breasically question the existence of God in our religious classes. Oh, the teacher must have loved.
Speaker 5: You too, that remark. Actually, the one before that reminded me of the worst detention I got was when the science teacher left the class and we were doing a test. I went up to the front and someone who'd already handed in their test I took it to copy normal, and then she came back before I was able to put it back again, so I.
Speaker 4: Had to shame. What did you say?
Speaker 5: I had to get another kid to pretend they found it in the yard and it'd been discarded. I said, go and take this back to the science teacher.
Speaker 4: What that's a story that we get for cooler and you go, we don't want them on there? And did she believe that? But no.
Speaker 5: What happened then is she went through the two tests and I got all the same wrong answers as the person who I copied off, So she knew it was me.
Speaker 4: And the moral of that, children is cheats never prosper. Jason, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: How are you. I'm good, Jason. So what did you get a school detention for?
Speaker 11: Well, I narrowly avoided attention. So I started in the woodwork room, include the whole room.
Speaker 4: It was that bad.
Speaker 11: It was like a rat crawled up and died sort of stuff. And when I got out there, the teacher was that disgusted that he said, if you don't own up, you copied attention. And Wayne Danaher looked at me and said to that was you. And I I was fighting so hard that I to laugh not to laugh because I was so proud of the moment. But yeah, I just narrowly avoid it because.
Speaker 4: Of the moment. Okay, Jason, thank you. Hashtag proud of the moment.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, Christian. A whole class received at attention when the science teacher went to the lab behind the classroom. Yeah, they always just have that little narrow sort of chemistry store room for all the Bunsen burners and the gorse mats and the rubber tubing and the conical flasks. They should have a mute kind of assistant as well. They used to help them set up. Remember stration of the day, which of bernapina to make feature the protein content, the load of fillers do with that knowledge now. Anyway, the whole class Christian ran out to hide from them. Thought, we're a great prank. That is a great prank. I hope that still happens these days. I remember the angry girls should come back in the classroom seeing we're all missing, not laughing, and then chasing us.
Speaker 12: Down to the.
Speaker 4: Trying around. Oh see, some things.
Speaker 5: I think a great TeamWorks. Everybody had to buy into that prank.
Speaker 4: Should be rewarded for that kind of work. All right, we got a couple of phone in topics that we've had over the last couple of days where we want to try out this morning one of the mat she's just come from a message one of you said with us about detention you got after being in by Beverly Hills cop where in one of the seems Eddie Murphy puts a banana in the tailpipe of his boss who's fallen out with I remember as a kid thinking Ednie Murphy he don't care, he's so wild, he doesn't care for his career. This is nuts, because the guy's going to come out, start the car and Alarity's going to ensue. So inspired by the movies, listener dares thought he'd do that to his school teacher's exhaust pipe. Larity did not ensue a detention did so inspired by the movies? What did you do trying to recreate or something you saw from the movies? Nine four one four three? On Friday night, my wife and I were out for dinner and it was chaos in there, and my wife, because I don't complain, my wife was complaining about why. It was like over now, you know what? You were like, actually, what is going on? And this poor sort of really stressed waiter came over and said, I really saw him. They fired the headway to a couple of hours ago. We were like, oh my god, what for he goes well? Shouldn' really say anything? But he's gone now. It was the second time he was caught eating cake on the fridge with his hands, and they got cameras everywhere in the kitchen for food and health and safety, so they had to let this guy go. So they actually had no chef. I said, so what's the one it goes well? The sort of junior chefs that hadn't been fully trained out and actually we were like, do you know what can we cannot that chicken it's actually not worth it.
Speaker 5: And don't send us the half eaten care for dessert.
Speaker 4: So I'm looking for your stories about why you got fired or let go of nine four one four one oh four to three. And last week we were talking about being stuck, and we've got this great story from one of you. We've got this great story from one of.
Speaker 13: The old man. He's had a bad back for a lot of his years now, and he decided to buy himself a inverting machine. It's got it out and his garage drapped his ankles in and lifted his arms up in the air and he sort of flipped upside down pretty aggressively and sort of got stuck in his garage hanging from his ankles.
Speaker 4: So we're looking for your story. It's about being upside down? Why were you upside down? So three ways you to join the show today. We have our brand new they are actually very nice and slannish and warm show beanies. And we've still got some honeycoveted bin stickers as well to give away for all calls today. So inspired by the movies Fired, Why were You Fired? And upside Down?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show Your Stories Today. We've got three ways you can join the show today with your stories. Why were you upside down? Strange, unusual ways you were fired? Why were you fired? And never done anything? Inspired by the movies? Christian Inspired by the movies. My brother and I used to put water in our mouths and slow punch each other to replicate the sweat and spit coming off Rocky and Ivandrago when they fought In Rocky four. Matthew Wants jumped off a small roof using an umbrella inspired bearing Mary Poppins. Listen, that is evil a sho going back quards. If you're trying to do that. Let's go to Julia now, good morning, Julia.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning everyone.
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 4: We're going Julia and Julia? So inspired by the movies? What was it for you?
Speaker 14: Okay, so it was like at the eighties. It was actually a cult TV show called Prisoner. Oh yeah, okay, So I won't say that. I'm not going to mention the school because it was a really exclusive private girls school and this show was forbidden and it was quite a tough movie to watch. And there's only four of us that were allowed to watch it. Okay, So one day we decided we used to love role play and playing prisoner at school and we got banned for it too, and we got in trouble. But we thought we're going to flood the girl's toilet so we could go a mop Judy and clean it up, so we could be be Frankie Lizzie Dori.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, it's gate to have role models in life. I'm just not sure that's the right role models to have those prisoners there for a reason.
Speaker 14: Yes, and over the Fabulous Did you ever watch it?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah, yeah, it was a big cult show in the UK, so I was people over the world.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 9: It was great.
Speaker 14: I know everyone wanted to beb some of us wanted to be the freak vinegar tits. It was Erica.
Speaker 13: Also, I didn't mean to say that, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, let me getting into a very deep dive, a podcast level of depth with that TV show. But all right, Julia, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: She cool, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Bye.
Speaker 4: I think Julia clared for ten or twenty minutes. Have a real go to the whole cast down on IMDb.
Speaker 8: Carlos, Yes, good morning, guys, how are.
Speaker 4: You we heard Carlos so inspired by the movies, what's your story, Carlos.
Speaker 8: Yes, So in nineteen eighty two, graduated from high school, and so on the school holidays, I went and watched the movie Stripes with Bill Murray. Great movie, and I thought, yeah, great movie. And I thought, oh, this is it, this is my career.
Speaker 4: I want to go join the army.
Speaker 8: So the following week I went to join the Army General Enlistenment. And then a few months later I was like Pook getting off the bus and I had a corporal in my face shouting at me, and I thought, what have I done?
Speaker 5: This is not as funny as there's no Bill Murray here or John Candy or Harold Ramus.
Speaker 4: It's now full metal jacket. It's a very different movie.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, crying for the first two weeks every night and dead.
Speaker 4: So what happened to me?
Speaker 8: What have I done?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 8: Six years later? What you sign on the dotted line for six years? So yeah, there was a It was a commitment for six years, and but it was good. It ended up all right at the end.
Speaker 4: And what are you doing now?
Speaker 8: I drive even now, so each morning I'm up at four in the morning, I wait for you guys to clock on at six. So I listened to Patsy at five thirty when she does the news bulletin, and yeah, I'll spend my days driving most morning.
Speaker 4: Good on you. Carlos was sending some prizes. Thanks for the story, but it's a great one.
Speaker 8: Thanks, have a good one, See you guys.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: There are signs when you suddenly realize you are a grown up. You are an adult.
Speaker 12: Is when you start eating HP sort having a very specific way of putting dishes in the dishwasher.
Speaker 10: I bought the string for the glasses.
Speaker 4: Nine four one four one oh four three. What are the signs you're an adult? Patsy, you brought someone this week? Is really officially for.
Speaker 5: Grown ups I have.
Speaker 3: I had a bit of a slip in the shower at the weekend, so I did invest, I will say, in a non slip mat for the showering.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Gord, he's got one of those. So only for the very young and the very old streams.
Speaker 3: Jack, You know, you do get to an age where you don't like, you don't sort of fall over, you have a fall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, it's suddenly a slip or fall is actually bad news, and people go in hush tones. Have you heard about marine? She had a fall? And you know, oh, that's not someone who's twenty or thirty. It's brittle, fragile bones. All of a sudden, you're never was we haven't seen some friends for a while. And she went, I just before you go, you need to know that she had she had a fall, and she's not quite one hundred percent and never will again. And I was thinking, but this person was absolutely fine. There was nothing wrong with them. I couldn't work out. I didn't want to ask, is there something wrong with you? After that fall? So have you got one of those mats that aren't when you come out and you're drying off the shower, Oh my god, Oh no, they sucked into the bottom. You'll have that walk in bath suit. It's not that door you see it on those midnight infomercials for you, your mum and dad when they're old in the care terrible.
Speaker 3: Because as you're falling, you've got nothing to grab onto because it's all glass. It's just like slip down the glass.
Speaker 4: That'sidely, this is it you. By the end of the you have the railing there you will, and then you'll have a you will, then you'll have a chair. You will, you have all of it. You start buying it now.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show. Earlier we were talking about strange unusual reasons you got fired, Christian. I got fired because I handed in my friend. This is this is insane. I got fired because I handed in my resignation. I handed my resignation and I said that I would obviously work the two weeks notice period. My boss wasn't happy that I'd resigned, so fired me on the spot. Who the hell? What are you working for for? Your what kind of nut job? I am very unhappy that you are fine. No I'm leaving. No, no, you're leaving right now. Yeah, that's what I just said. All right, nine four one four one o four three. What are the signs you are an adult? I now used every time we go away packing cubes? Oh yeah, this is a This is adulting at a high pro level. I feel sorry for the people that aren't aware that you can get these very cheap. Bit you've got them, Patsy, great, that's where I got them from.
Speaker 3: How could these cubes make such an enormous difference in the suitcase?
Speaker 12: Tell you what they just do advert now and telling you what they do Jack is you've got these little z things and you put in you can have one of these little cubes.
Speaker 4: They're all different shapes and sizes. Can have your small as your underwent all right, and maybe toilet trees that can go in that small one and it compresses it all. And then you've got one that's say for t shirts. Then when you unpack it, it's all it's like pre digestive meals.
Speaker 3: It's a laid out on your bed like you to do at home. It's just so easy.
Speaker 4: And when you come home, when you come home, lift and you put back in the drawer, it's all nicely folded by the suitcase. That is like it's got.
Speaker 3: Little grimlins in the case keeping everything tidy.
Speaker 4: Okay, not real technology producing, Kaitlin, what's a sign you're an adult?
Speaker 6: Last weekend, my partner and I went to the shops to bar a vacuum and it brought us so much joy.
Speaker 2: Would you go No?
Speaker 6: We went Millay the Germans. They say they're.
Speaker 4: Better and what have you gone for? The cordless obviously, absolutely not. Why would you Why would you use that old thing we got unplugged out of the wall, drag it into nets from look for the nearest socket.
Speaker 6: Because as an adult, there's no more joy than when your vacuum literally really sucks your carpet off the floor.
Speaker 4: You just get it doesn't do that because it's plugged into the wall. Landline love, there.
Speaker 5: Is something about that.
Speaker 4: James Dyson, a great British inventor, makes a great hoover with a vacuum with the dice.
Speaker 5: And the batteries. Great for convenience, but it doesn't suck the same as the power.
Speaker 4: A mobile phone works just as well as a landline strong.
Speaker 6: It just isn't. It doesn't do as good a job.
Speaker 5: I'd rather let's do a test on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I reckon dison sucks.
Speaker 5: I reckon plugged in has more power.
Speaker 4: How can it be? It's charged by the same way electricity because.
Speaker 6: The electricity coming out of the socket I'm sure is more.
Speaker 4: Volat same with your Tesla. It's same with your Tesla. That's just a battery that.
Speaker 5: You can have plugged into the wall. So you can't really you have.
Speaker 4: To charge it again. See, so what did you get in the end of the Mealia got the.
Speaker 6: Melee five hundred bucks and we even tested it out on the fake carpet that they have in the store.
Speaker 5: So's ripped paper down for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always easy stuff that comes up, never like real hard stuff as well.
Speaker 3: The barrel or the upright the barrel, Oh wow, really old school? Oh yeah yeah, yeah, we want to drag it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's an old fashioned one stuck under the ca Yeah, no, that's it. Yeah. Has even got that little thing where you put your foot on it and he goes brings it all in. Yes, yes, what a great What a great thing that is. But that's like an old, unwieldly one. Will have you seen a picture.
Speaker 5: Think, yeah, this is what like a professional cleaner would have.
Speaker 6: Yes, well that one's a bit heavy duty. Ours isn't as good as that, but ours is very quiet, so you know, normally you'd be quite loud. This one, the Mille, the five hundred bucker can't go past it.
Speaker 4: What do you mean quiet vacuums?
Speaker 5: Because it's godless and you know what I reckon you? You're actually dating off strength or quietness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where's that Dyson I've got It makes a head of a noise because he's that's gonna work.
Speaker 5: You want, you want a vacuum, do the noisy reassuringly noisy.
Speaker 4: I don't want someone whispery.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid you've got Yeah, you've got a weak back.
Speaker 6: Yet the Germans do it better technology that's quieter.
Speaker 5: When we get around of your house, we're going to notice.
Speaker 4: Going to be embarrassing. I'm going to run my finger along things and I'm going to be picking up. I have traveled with my dycon and I'll be super charged. Anyway, we'll well, I forgot this and called it's when they will come to in a minute.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, Christian. I hate to say this, but I think there's a bigger motor in the plugging vacuum. This is wake up sheep. Call fake facts, fake facts. I'm telling you now that dice and I've got we've got dogs, we've got cats, budgeryguards, a donkey, an oscillate as well. There's so much snakes as well, and it sucks it all up.
Speaker 5: No problem, you know what Kaitlin's been doing during that song, called her brother in law, who's an electrician, to see what's he going to say.
Speaker 6: He said the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: If you just got off the phones list. But yes, sir, it doesn't even exist bigger power.
Speaker 2: How does he know?
Speaker 6: Because he's an electrician. He gets how electrical things work.
Speaker 4: There's no other way. I get how it works. But I'm telling you now that I don't. I don't surrender anything of power with the carders. One's juiced up for forty two minutes.
Speaker 6: So he did say for the ones that have the battery, they do the same power. They have one hundred percent, but only for thirty minutes. The ones in the wall, for we know that.
Speaker 5: That's we never know how battery were. Come on, youn't have to call your brother in law for that. We wanted to know if the sucking power is more power the suction.
Speaker 1: So yes, it is.
Speaker 6: Because it has a bigger motor, bigger power, a BIGGI motor.
Speaker 4: I've got six f because it's.
Speaker 6: The big bat on the side of it, tiny little dinkly thing.
Speaker 4: It's like a laser can be quite small and pointing, but the power it hasn't it.
Speaker 5: We need to do the tests they used to do on TV adverse where they suck up all you can pick up a bowling ball.
Speaker 4: Get who is this he spoke to? By the way, This is my brother in law.
Speaker 6: His name is Mark. He works for P and Z Electrical.
Speaker 4: Get him on next andlease speak to him.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's Show. A disagreement has broken out on the show versus corded versus cordless Ierre percent cordless purchaser. Kaitlin has bill and still a lot of good money on a crappy old fashion from the sixties. Corded, big old be you've got to drag around. Certainly, got a cord that's about six meters on it, and then you've got to unplug it, pull out the chair, put it round the back of the couch. Now you're a cleaner. Where'd you go? Corded versus cordless definitely.
Speaker 15: Corded meale all the way if I had a choice.
Speaker 4: Really, and surely that the stick's still got the same kind of suction power.
Speaker 15: Nah, Caitlin's right, the Meale will suck the carpet off the floor. You've got to go dison. You've got to go back and forth three or four times.
Speaker 4: But that's okay because that's precision, isn't it. You know that's a craft whole house.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, And you've got to empty the diceon. If you're doing the whole house, you've got to empty the dice in three times because that little canister fills up in the second.
Speaker 3: Oh not if you've got a big one. I've got the big one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the big one. We need it for the dog and cat hair.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 15: No, I've used like from the six up to the fifteen the dison and ordered me every time.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't bug you bending down all the time. And yeah, powerpoints.
Speaker 15: I use an extension card. So I do the whole house for one plugging a lot.
Speaker 4: Of fat, a lot of fun. Now, thank you. Maybe I should call I have a good day, No worry.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Last some people with reasoned have texted this show. Now, Christian, what is the wattage of the two vacuums? Which everyone has the highest wattage will have the more power and therefore more suction. Okay, Okay, then when I go home today, I'm sad enough to say I will check the wattage and we will have a round two tomorrow on the show. I'm guessing if yours is quite quiet, it's going to be probably a very low wattage. That's it. Can you check the wattage?
Speaker 6: I can check the wattage, but I'm telling you now, I can say it with my eyes. The strength is uncomparable.
Speaker 5: When you guys go home tonight, please take a photo of your wattage. I don't want anyone lying about their wattage onto the Morrow Show.
Speaker 4: Don't ever want to have those accusations. Chuck to me. Uh so, a lot of people on the show, Well, gone to see this psychic. You know you've been to see her, Patsy, you went to see her, got a lot from her, said she was great, But you said Caitlin's been. But you said, Kaitlyn told me that her partner's been. I'm very jealous. I want to go and see her, but Pats Sarah and my wife has said no way. Ah.
Speaker 3: Have you never been to a psychic giver?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 15: I have.
Speaker 4: I love psychics. I think they've definitely got a gift you can get a lot of information, So I said, why can't I go? Sarah actually said to me, what if she said you need to leave me? I said, well, while you're just presuming, like I don't think they have a you go, oh my god, I'm seeing an image of an old crone or something in your life. So called the name of her Sarah, Sarah, Sarah is the name. Se You're gonna leave that woman right now. You go home packing. You don't look back, Christian, you just go, all right, you can come and live with me if you need to assure. And I'm just suddenly going to go and start packing, and my wife's going, where are you going? I'm sorry. I know to twenty six years. I thought we had a great marriage. But Whence did this psychic she said I've got to go.
Speaker 5: I was very convincing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, So I go. Along with some plumbing issues that we're going to have to mend, I have to leave.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every day get a lot of calls to the show asking me what tea I drink? Just quickly, because I've got a lot going on the show right now is delmar And actually, thanks, I've just seen thanks to deal more today the finest ethical so long team, make yourself a better tea with delmar you win on the time waste for again two hundred and fifty dollars in cash. And because I am order in bulk, I'm going to send to today's send it from home for my garage a three month supply to your office of del mar Te. You're welcome, listener, You're welcome. Today is can I Appreciation Day. Looking for your dog bands and Jack. I know sometimes we sort of moan about our producers here not being great, because they're not.
Speaker 5: It is an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: Really sort of puts a lot of time into give me a couple of good facts here, just to how what we called in the in the trade, the set up here, the launch of it, and he's really it's giving me a piece of paper here with a look like an aroused big dog actually stood over its owner, which doesn't really work on the radio, and I don't really need to see it's actually quite it's a which it's a big dog that is. I thought actually it had an extra port anyway. And then when there's this one line here, how do you look at this and think this is this is going to just knock it out the part today's show color and Jackie o will quake if they've played this break back. The biggest dog ever is Zorba and English and mastiff. That's eight foot wow.
Speaker 5: F you know what I heard him mumble earlier. I'm looking forward to the long weekend.
Speaker 4: Early. Well, no deal mar for you, my friend. You eat my bags alone, all right? When looking for your dog bands? Dog bands, war On Pugs, Gold, Girvana, Bronze, Snoop Scooby Doo Silver. You know Ozzy Osbourne, right, yeah, legendary rocker. Imagine if he turned into a dog. What is band? Will be cool? Black Labbath that's very good and limped dog Biscuit Bronze, Jackie boy, What have you got? Dog bands?
Speaker 5: Kennel Rogers, that's good, that's gold, Defen Mode.
Speaker 4: Oh that's an eight foot mastiff. That's gold. The thought of it.
Speaker 5: Sophie Alis Boxer bronze and alternative rock band Poodle of Mud.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, what have you got them? One of your dog bands? Seventy five three one oh four three. Oh sorry, I just forgot to say. It's also that big English Mastif you also weighs one hundred and fifty five. Actually that is actually to be fair.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Barnes Christian O'Connell's Show on Gold eight fifty two time wasted Today we're looking for your dog bands. Best in show gets two hundred and fifty dollars in cash thanks to Del mar t and three months supply of del Martin for your office as well. Excusing me, Jackie boy, you are Rintermark Yes, Smuttley Crue Gold story good Matthew, hugly kid Joe. That is very smart. Love that doggy parton Silver from Tracy Justin Timberwolf.
Speaker 2: Gold's a stronghold.
Speaker 4: That's what Shin's Taylor Great Dane Silver, Darren the Labradors Gold very good. When I'm marking good Old Dingley Village malamute oil A malamute? Is it a type of husky? You're massive, bigger than that old ball mastive.
Speaker 3: About the same size.
Speaker 5: He about the same size as the biggest DOGU man is Prisley.
Speaker 3: No, my brother in law used to breed them. They're gorgeous, like yeah, like a like a husky on steroids.
Speaker 5: That's a good prescription.
Speaker 4: I imagine that now. Bark one eight two Silver, Benny and the Vets Gold Collie parton Silver, Kenny, Flee Kenny, g No Kenny Please, girls, I like it down and Altstation Cooper Silver. All right, Jackie boy, who's winning the deal? Martine in two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 5: Dollars in cap Let's give it to Pugly Kid, Joe.
Speaker 4: Puglic Kid, Joe. Well done, Matthew, you're today's winner. Last song for us this morning, Holy Grail hunters and collectors. We're talking about tomorrow's show next.
Speaker 2: The Christian no Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow's show today. Yesterday after doing the show, driving back homeany to fill up my car? I don't I even talked about this, but my wife last week ran out of fuel again. It's the third time, third time this year. I mean you, you just want these things to happen, Sarah. Why she wan't we going to see that psychic someone? That?
Speaker 5: Where did she call from? Is she on the road?
Speaker 4: Yep? And you have to go pick her up? I get this by it one about a minute walk from around the corner of the house.
Speaker 5: So you can see out of the window.
Speaker 4: I was like, walk, ain't you going to pick you up? Walk back? And he shoes Chris No. So anyway, yesterday I was filling up my car at the pump and I saw something you don't see every day. It was a priest in his full flowing robes at the pump, filling up his priest mobile. It wasn't actually a priest, but it was just a normal kind of car. I think it's a tor to Crona. Now. I just presumed. I don't know why. Everyone who is also there at the garage, we're all looking at each other, catching other eye going. You see that very often. Yeah, a priest at the pump, he was filling up his car. I don't know why. I just presume, Maymber, they have their own pump round the back of the church.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or they go in regular civilian clothes then get changed into the robes when they get to the church.
Speaker 4: You're right, what is it? Where was he going to? Was he late for christening or someone was going on? And he's like, damn it, I'm going to run out of fuel. I need to fill up here. It's like you don't see them like that. Also at Dan Murphy's getting that communion wine So anyway, tomorrow on the show, I want to your stories of you don't see that very often, weird or unusual things you've seen, Like Phats he saw a robbery once coming out to seven eleven and it didn't say anything. Stick call the police. A man in a mask with bags of cash was taking often it was a calm knight. I thought he was just weird as a car and it was a calm knife. There's no crime. They only come out in bad weather. They only come out in bad weather, these bad people for sleep.
Speaker 3: By the time I got to the city, I realized it probably was a robbery. Until light.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Clover God sacks of money with doors hang on a minute, Shirtler.
Speaker 4: Like what I see you.
Speaker 5: Dust off that journalism degree.
Speaker 4: If any of them had Patsy up on that grassy kull. So, I'm not sure that was part of the pl I'm sure. I'm sure they wanted that. I rehearsed that. It just seemed a bit chaosic at the end there when he died.
Speaker 5: That simmer overnight if something isn't right, not like no, I'm just a journalist because I just picked up all this stuff.
Speaker 4: Spidey senses tell me.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit desensitized after all these years.
Speaker 4: You make it sounding your front line sort of war of waters went out in Baghdad, seriously, most of the news most days. Yet another tobacconist has been said.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast