Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Amy Shark is joining us live on air right now. She was at the Big Freeze yesterday. I hope you've warmed up.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Amy.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hi, Good morning, Hi guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good How was the Big Freeze?
Speaker 4: Amy?
Speaker 5: I heard you went down as Amy Winehouse. Is there a reason you decided to dress up as Amy Amy?
Speaker 3: Well, I I wanted to be really drunk to go.
Speaker 4: Now I'm joking.
Speaker 3: I actually.
Speaker 4: Well, they said, you know someone who has inspired you, and I had.
Speaker 3: What's funny is I actually.
Speaker 4: Own everything that I wore, which is kind of embarrassing, but I bought that big wine House wig in Vegas, like I don't know, six years ago, and I was like, oh my god, I can wear my I wear my wine House wig.
Speaker 3: That'd be so great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I thought it would be fun, but yeah, obviously didn't think it through that well.
Speaker 2: Like what we had over ninety thousand people there yesterday and it's it's a very emotional day and it's to fight M and D.
Speaker 1: But how cold was that water? It looks freezing.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, you're right, the electricity in that stadium was insane, Like it really was a really beautiful feeling in there.
Speaker 3: It didn't help the cause with the water. The water still stayed rather freezing below zero. But yeah, obviously it was something that I just, you know, you really are honored to be a part of. And yeah, an amazing cause you kind of just don't think about it, you just you just do it.
Speaker 1: But it is below zero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think they put a fresh lot of ice in just before me.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 1: Not too cold.
Speaker 5: My husband sent me for an ice bath once, actually for Mother's Day. I thought I was a massage and he got me for an ice bath and it was four degrees and I remember the lady saying to me, as you lower your body into the ice bath, every part of your body is going to start throbbing in pain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is like mine started halfway through, halfway down the slide.
Speaker 3: And I had all these athletes.
Speaker 4: Trying to give me pointers and hints and how to breathe, and I'm like, it doesn't matter, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thing's going to help. That's really funny.
Speaker 2: I made my girlfriend swim yesterday and the water was eighteen point three degrees and it took her like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: We've got a yeah, in the.
Speaker 2: Ocean, it took what ten minutes to get off this rock to get in the water, and I was like, eighteen point three is not bad compared to below zero Actually that Amy shouted yesterday, So good on you. What about like getting out? How long did it take you to warm up?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was pretty numb for a while.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I was just straight straight into a hot shower. Obviously, also being a musician, I've got so many things on, so I was just like so scared to get sick that I am. But again, it was just like it was such a well oiled machine, Like obviously you know, Nil's built this over time and it's just so massive now and they just do such a great job.
Speaker 3: Like everything's just I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, it's just a really fun team to work with.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, earlier in the show, Amy, you were talking about your husband who is obsessed with watching the footy our Amy here obviously this was for the AFL yesterday, But what about your husband, Amy Shark, Is he obsessed with a footy.
Speaker 1: And watching it all weekend? Like Amy Gerard's.
Speaker 3: Husband, absolute sports nights.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't matter what it was.
Speaker 4: He is obsessed with any sport, don't hope.
Speaker 5: I think, Yeah, can I ask, if you go out for dinner Ames and his footy teams playing, will he have his phone propped up and watching it, like just off to the side like my husband does.
Speaker 4: I have played Rod Labor Arena while Shane has walked around with the footy on his phone exact So nothing, nothing will stop that man from watching team Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's yeah, it's it's pretty it's pretty full on. But it's all right, you know, It's what we put up with. I mean, I can be difficult sometimes, so he can be. He can have his annoying things as well.
Speaker 5: And so you've You've got a new album coming out at the end of this month, and we're all very excited. But I do have to tell you I have three kids, three young kids, all under the age of ten, and they are obsessed with your song The Biggest Dick, and they love to scream it out when we've got friends over my my parents are currently over at the moment, and they will scream out play their Biggest Dick and they'll just scream it out over in the car from outside. They're a huge fan. But I was like that song name, and.
Speaker 1: I know there's a sense adversion.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Am I getting bleeps that you really.
Speaker 3: Went for that then that was really announced.
Speaker 2: Did do you think of the parents and the kids when you were naming it a great song?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I laughed to myself because I think I think, you know, like I have randomly so many kid fans, which I never that was not on my bigger card when my career started.
Speaker 3: But I think I think it's I think.
Speaker 4: It's great, and I think, like all the parents that are fans and obviously show their kids, explain what.
Speaker 3: The song is actually about. It's not about you know, a body part, even though it is it is about it some sort of arsenhalle I dated.
Speaker 4: So it's it's just funny. It's tongue in cheek and and kids have always had fun with like you know, when I said I came out, I had heats of kids running up going tell your mom and I So I think, I think it's just fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well we're going to play it now.
Speaker 2: Well the biggest egg anyway, we'll do those sense get the biggest How do.
Speaker 1: You feel about that? I mean, you want the full normal version.
Speaker 4: Look, it's I mean, she's she just gave it to me before, So I'm happy with that.
Speaker 3: We went for it, so everyone knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know what it really is. Okay, so we'll get that on right now.
Speaker 2: Thanks for phoning in, and of course had to fight MND dot org dot au to donate today. Actually, just coming through Amy while we got you there, Crowt, you're saying someone made a huge donation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this morning it came out that this Queensland couple donated forty million dollars as one individual donation. There's some construction company. Yeah, but that's a huge donation.
Speaker 3: I know that's insane, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Like that's just like what that's that's what's bouncing around this country. And I think like if we can have more of that for every.
Speaker 3: Cause, it would just be insane, right absolutely.
Speaker 4: I think it really did have a have that feeling though in the in the room last night and in the stadium.
Speaker 3: It was like, you know, anything you could do you wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, got on you, Amy for being part of it. You should be really proud, Amy Shark joining us