Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Every single show. The show is maybe you guys, your stories are stories? Three ways? Should just share your stories? Today? Any stories about a wrong gore? What was the other side of it? On thirteen fifty five twenty two. Also this morning we looking for stories about having made a very large order of just one thing. I remember when one of my daughters was turning ten. She had a classmates. We'd hid this village hall for a birthday party, and there's so much pressure. You want them to have a great time. You want all their friends have a good time because they all sort of gossip about each other's parties. So anyway, I thought, I need a load of helium balloons. So I went into this some party shop run by the most miserable human being. It was almost ironic that the most miserable man I've ever encoded in my life was running this party shop. I get it, I guess, with all that fun coming in through the door, it just did something to him. Anyway, So I need twenty five helium balloons and he goes, okay, right, well I can pump them up in all this and he said he part nearby, and there was nowhere nearby. Part It was like a five to ten minute warm He said come back tomorrow morning. That's when the party was at eight am. And he actually said word for word, keep knocking because he lived above the place, and I get the feeling he was going to he's someone who has he needs to be woken up at eight am. He enjoys a drink. There was just, you know, there's just a vibe about some people that and I was like, just just keep knocking the guy who runs the party shop, Okay. Anyway, next morning I go there, I keep knocking it. I'm there five minutes kicking this door as well. I'm thinking I had one job to get these. I need these twenty five balloons. Anyway, all mates literally looks like he hasn't slept in about five days. He starts pumping up these helium balloons. And then I don't know if you've ever tried to corral helium balloons. Not easy. They just want to go up right, they don't want to be herded and crowd. Now it's suddenly caught up bast stay on a Sunday morning, I've got twenty five. I'm alone, I've got a five minute walk. I can barely see at times because they're floating in front of my face, just twenty five of them. Then it was like a uc Tito fight, trying to wrestle them into the car. As they're floating in the car, coming back out towards me. I'm trying to not pop them, obviously, because I need twenty five. The car fills with them. I'm actually shut the door. They're in the driver's seat, the passenger seat, the back seats, they're everywhere. I'm I'm actually open the driver's door. Push them away from me. Get in. I can't see out of it. There's no way of seeing the rear view mirror. Absolute nightmare. So have you got any stories about a single order of one thing? Sorry, very big, large order of one thing. Let us know on thirteen fifty five, twenty two and good morning, morning crew. How are you? Yeah, we're good. Welcome to the show. And so you've got a story about setting a track?
Speaker 3: I did. I set a trap for my eighteen year old son. My husband and I were heading away in the state for a weekend and I just had a sneaky suspicion moving an eighteen year old boy at home could perhaps get up to a bit of mischief. So I did all my gin bottles into.
Speaker 2: Probably last very sophisticate eighteen year old gin. I love botanical.
Speaker 3: It was free, so of course, so I hid all the gin in a drink bottle, filled it up with water, came home at the end of the weekend, said feel like a gin and tonic? Do you want one? To my son? And he goes and he just looked at me blankly, and he's like maybe. And so I made us a gin and tonic with gin, and he said, this test really.
Speaker 1: Different, a lot stronger than what I was drinking on the weekend longer.
Speaker 3: And so now five years later, when I still make a gin and tonic, I just look at him sometimes and he just smirks.
Speaker 2: Thee a Paceibo drinks what they were all having as well, Like God, this stuff is so strong. Anyone else so wrong right now? And thank you very much the story.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, have a great one.
Speaker 2: Samantha Brackets, English, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hello, how are you all?
Speaker 2: We're very well.
Speaker 1: Mine is a wrong door, a major wrong door. So I just finished night shift and I drove straight away all the way down to kill Thiland, about a two and a half hour drive, and part my car got out of it, and I was visiting my friends for a long weekend. Knock on the door, no answer, So I'll just try it. Walked in, looked around, looked to the right. I haven't made their bed. That's unusual. Never mind, go in. Look for the spare room. Thought that's different. There's normally bunks in here. Actually it was an office.
Speaker 2: None of these.
Speaker 1: So I had my tiller, I had my overnight bag, I had everything all under my arm. So I thought, well, I'll just planked them in this room. Anyway, it looks this one looks made. Did that? Went back into the lounge. They had a blue lounge, right, that's great. Turned around, thought kitchen's messy. That's unusual. Turned to the left, thought, oh my gosh, Oh no, no, no, there's a cabinet here with those dinky dye metal racing cars. No, oh my god. I'm now mortified. I ran back to the room, grabbed my stuff and bolted very quickly out the door. Next door, I'd gone into number twenty seven. My friends lived in twenty five.
Speaker 2: Just a small difference, but a very big difference.
Speaker 1: My my eye stopped. I literally sprose in that kitchen, and thank goodness that man wasn't home. I did tell him, I did tell him when I met him.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, man him later in the day, and yeah, yeah, make the bed and the kitchen as well. Now about those dinky cars. Bit old for that, aren't you why?
Speaker 1: I was mortified?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right then, Samantha, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. You have a lovely day, and you will.
Speaker 2: Livia Coleman, thank you very much. Let's go too, Let's go to It's like the Rocky Horse song. I turned to the left, I turned to the right. I turned back around again. And good morning.
Speaker 3: Anne, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: When my dad was a secondary store treacher, he said a tripp. He was getting annoyed with a group of boys who were constantly getting into the toilets to smoke, and so he and a colleague decided they would go in and wait until the smoke started.
Speaker 3: Rising from the cubicle.
Speaker 4: So, sure enough, the smoke went up, and the two teachers either side threw a bucket of water over the petition into the cubicle, and theos was caring. The only problem with this was that it turned out it wasn't a student, it was one of the other teachers.
Speaker 2: On a sneaky smokeo. That was probably the highlight of that guy's day. Just a minute on a dance, Oh, just a field and brilliant story. Thank you very much. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast