Speaker 1: Hey guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut. This is our Thursday episode, Out Therapy Thursday, out down and dirty, quick and nasty episode where we answer all of your deepest questions. I'm Brittany and I'm Laura, and we're happy to be here. Why is it a nasty episode? Do you know that? It was just ruddling off some words and like how much alliteration can I fit into this? It just literally rolled off my tongue, so I rolled with it. But nasty can be like, nasty can be acused. Yeah, like nasty. Okay, Well, they're mostly like relationship questions that we have for you guys today. But thank you to everybody who's written in a question for asking a cart. Like we say every week, we feel so eternally grateful that you trust us with our years of wisdom and trauma that we bring to each and every episode. And Brett, as always, has picked out three and I really like these three questions we've got today. One little thing I want to say before we jump in, and that is just a big fat thank you to everyone that's already voting for us for the podcast awards we sort of put on our Instagram yesterday that we were trying to go for the Listener's Choice Awards. I may or may not have said I would give everyone a dog that voted for me. I also like that you say we sort of put it on there. No, we grobbled, like we couldn't have put it on there more. We made a very fucking obvious what we want from you. But so many of you are actually writing in saying that you've voted, done, sending us your screenshots, and we love that. But my favorite thing so far is that I've had people be like, done from Australia, done from Ireland, done from Dubai, done from South Africa, done from countries I haven't even heard of, and I'm like, I can't believe we have listeners in those countries. So we're just so grateful and so thankful that you guys are voting and you're listening and you're sharing all around the world. Having said that, there's still three more weeks to vote to keep going, I'm also.
Speaker 2: Really deeply appreciating all of the people who are writing and who are like, hey, I voted from you from my normal email account, and then I also voted from you from my seven Burner accounts, plus I got my dad and my mum to.
Speaker 1: Vote for you too. To whoever those people are who have written in, I am so grateful. I also like question, are these prize piglet email addresses that you can enter like for multiple prizes on things? Or is this legitimately because you have Burner Instagram accounts, in which case maybe we need to talk about that. Oh my god, I didn't even think about that. I need to vote from my work account.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we need to vote from life on cart from Laura A Tony May, from Brittany at Gmail, like.
Speaker 1: All of them. Okay, all right, we're just going to jump straight into the questions today. Guys. We've just got three. Because it's short and sharp. I'm going to start hit me. I mean I always start, well, I can start pass me the phone. No, that's just the way I said it. The way I said it was like it was something different. All right, guys, we're going to change this up.
Speaker 2: I'm going to start today because as much as britt makes it out like she's the only one who knows the questions, I also.
Speaker 1: Have them here. So one I sent this one to you trying to take all of the royalties. I sent this one to Britt.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend of six years broke up with me out of nowhere, simply saying he doesn't love me as much as he used to. He is my best friend and we still talk regularly. He has said that he wants to marry me and have kids in like five or ten years, but still says he doesn't want to be with me right now. I love him, I want to stay around, but I don't see how this is fair on me any advice. He also still texts me every single day, says he loves me, tells me he misses me, but whenever I ask what the hell is happening in terms of our relationship and us, it's straight away.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I need time. It's been three months since the breakup already. Boom wow, Okay, your boyfriend ex boyfriend is being a dickhead. This is actually insane. So the bit that jumps out of me of this question is he's saying I don't want to be with you now, knowing that she's in love with him, but also saying, but I do want to have kids to marry you in five to ten years. I'm sorry. He's asking her to wait, even if it's inadvertently, even if he's not saying wait for me for ten years, by him saying to someone that he knows loves him, I'm ready for this in ten years, he's saying wait. That is the most wrong thing I have heard this week. I'm calling it. And there is a possibility that Donald Trump is going to be the president again tomorrow. So there is so many wrong things happening in the world right now. No, but asking your partner to wait, it is there is nothing fair about this relationship. I feel really really bad for you to the listener that's written this in because this is a horrible situation. Obviously you're in love with him, but this is not fair. And we, Laura and I probably two weeks ago now, we did we talked about this. We spoke about breakups and how that there needs to be something put in place and some communication about how that's going to happen. And the timeline, now, the timeline was about four to six weeks, not five to ten years. That is actually insane. Let's just wind this.
Speaker 2: Back to the fact that you brought up three months ago, the fact that he's still contacting you every day, and telling you that he loves you and telling you that he misses you is a massive play in manipulation, whether it's intentional or whether it's inadvertent. I think that you know he's obviously confused, he obviously doesn't know what he wants. But that's not okay to take you along the ride, and it's not okay to like drag you down in his confusion because he knows he doesn't want to be with you. He's verbalizing that part of it, but he also it's you know, breakups are hard, and he's using you to wean himself off you at the same time because he doesn't want you to go out and meet someone else, he doesn't want you to move on, so he's kind of forced you into this purgatory, and because you love him, you're choosing to stay there. So I think the thing that you need to do now is you need to take ownership of this situation that you've been put in. It's a situation that you don't want, it's a situation that's outside of your control. But the one thing you can control is that you can say, look, you've decided you don't want to be with me, and in order for me to be able to and start to recover from this, you need to stop contacting me. You're not allowed to tell me that you miss me all the time, you're not allowed to tell me that you love me all the time, and you need to give me some solid no contact time so that way both of you can really figure out what it is that you want, and you may find that in three months time you've actually been able to get over this breakup, because it's impossible to get over something when you're still hearing them from them every day and you're still being given that little tiny bit of hope every single day. So this breakup has now just become the most drawn out, prolonged three month period of your life. Whereas if he'd broken up with you three months ago and you had gone no contact, I guarantee you you would be at a very different point mentally right now than what you are today.
Speaker 1: This is definitely you're so right, Laura. It's definitely a slow fade away. I don't think, in all honesty, I don't think this guy plans on getting back with you in ten years or five to ten years. What's happening here is what happens in every single relationship. When you have been with someone for a long time, and you've been for six years, what happens is you have been your life has been consistently the same for six years. You've had someone in your life every day. You've had that energy, that love, that humor. You've had someone to text you to be there with you at night. They're your best friends. So for six years, consistently, daying, day out, this has been your routine. All of a sudden, it's not, and you don't know how to deal with that. So your partner and he has actually said to you he doesn't love you as much anymore. They were his words, which is horrifying to hear in a relationship when you think you're going to be with someone forever. He's trying to break up with you, but emotionally he's been very selfish because he doesn't know how to do that. He doesn't know how to be on his own. Now. He doesn't want to be with you. He has said that, and he's made that clear, but he's not ready to not have his consistency in his life because that's what you were. You were a stable base for him and you are a loving home for him. He's not ready for that yet, but he doesn't want to commit to you either. So this is him slowly feeding himself back out into the wild. But he's not ready. He can't do it yet, he's not ready to have that independence. So he's holding on to you, using you for support, for contact every day, to get his little bit of consistency again, and he's a little bit of safety whilst he wings himself off you. There is no way this guy, I mean not no way. Obviously there's a tiny chance he could, but no way that in ten years time he's like, Okay, I've had my time. Now I'm coming back. Ultimately, like Laura said, you cannot move on or he cannot make it an honest decision. When you are still in contact every day, you need to cut it. You need to do your own thing, and you deserve better and you need better. So you need to tell him if you don't want to be with me, you can't just have you ca can eat it too. You can't take the bits that you want and not the rest that you don't want and leave me in this purgatory sit down. Have the chat with him, say, look, three months has been long enough. It is time for you to make a decision. I don't want to put the decision on you. But if you want to go into the wild and experience it without me, do it without me.
Speaker 2: And also, like you do have to make the decision for him. That's the only like I believe. I agree with every everything you just said. And I love how passionate.
Speaker 1: You're getting becase you're kind of yelling at me, and I'm getting scared of my pants, and my hands were like Italians, you know, when your hands are like waving things at me. She picked up a knife. It's been very intense here people.
Speaker 2: But I think the only part of what Bridges said that I don't agree with is the fact that I think you do have to make a decision for him, because he's quite obviously not capable of doing that. And you need to take control of your life now and put parameters and boundaries in place that make you happy. And of course it's going to hurt to not hear from him, of course it's going to hurt to not hear him say I love you. But all of those words, all of that I love yous, all of that I misuse, are all nothing. They're just words because his actions don't meet up anyway. So I guarantee you, in the long run, you will feel better for it. The only thing I'm going to add to this, which I think we've really well rounded covered it like not to sound or doom and gloom and not for this to be like, you know, the bad news that you don't want to hear. But you are going to be a very different person in ten years time. You are going to grow, You're going to have so many new experiences, you're going to meet so many new people, and the person that you thought you were going to be with ten years ago, I guarantee you will be a very very different It'll be a different life, it'll be a different person. And if, by the slight chance that this guy is You're Penguin and you do end up with him in ten years time, you're going to ruin that by slowly decaying the relationship now and making it toxic and torturing each other basically emotionally manipulating each other whilst you wean yourselves off each other. This is it's so unhealthy what you're doing right now.
Speaker 1: I think sever it.
Speaker 2: Give yourself that clean break, give yourself the mental space to move on. If in the future you guys do rekindle things, then you can do it from a place of being healthy and being independent. You're not doing it from a place of codependency.
Speaker 1: I have one more thing I'd like to add. Oh, yes, we can go to the next question now, I know. Yeah, because I realize I'm very passionate about this. I realized maybe I did come in a little bit passionate and hot before just put the knife down. People, I'm going to take the more empathetic and softer route now. I just wanted to add one more thing that instead of being very pessimistic about this, there is a chance that he will come back to you, and you guys are right for each other, and you did just need a break that that could happen. But what needs to happen for that is you do need to be on your own. He needs to know what life will be like without you to know if he wants that option, if he wants to take the path of life without you, he needs to have none of you, and he may just realize that, holy shit, the life without her is not what I thought. The grass is not greener. I am madly in love with her. I just needed to check myself and reassess that that is. That is actually a very realistic option. It happens a lot, but you won't know it if you constantly have the contact one hundred percent. Agree, My god, Look it's so well rounded. Got that from the top to the bottom.
Speaker 2: Now we're here, Okay, question two, let's do that.
Speaker 1: I think I have no idea who that was started from them, It's not started from the bottom now we're here. That one. No, I just went from the top to the bottom. It's kind of not the way you want now, Just I just speak to early guys. Okay, I've got another one now that I'm super passionate about, and I think that you will find this one really easy to answer. Laura, I've been ghosted on Tinder by this guy, but he still watches my Instagram stories, like instantly, as soon as they're up, he's watching them. We were talking and then I asked if he wanted to grab a bite to eat with me, because I've been seeing him watch my stories. But then nothing, but we still follow each other on Instagram. I really like his vibe and I think we would get along great. That dark, sarcastic humor is so appealing. But what do I do in this situation?
Speaker 2: This is the easiest question to answer. You do nothing, maybe even unfollow him if you want to do something, unfollow him. I'm gonna say this, someone watching your Instagram stories does not equate to them having any interest in you romantically.
Speaker 1: It could be that they're bored. It could be that they're a bit lonely. It could be that they're inquisitive. That could be a whole myriad of all these different things. What does equate to them being interested in you is replying to your messages. What does equate to them interested in you is investing time in you. What does equate to them being interested in you is them actually being nice to you, going out of their way to try and find out something about you or get to know you.
Speaker 2: These are all things that you should be prioritizing and reading into. Don't read into somebody watching your Instagram stories because I mean if I still sometimes watch my ex boyfriend's Instagram stories purely out of curiosity, because I'm like, what is that loser up to?
Speaker 1: I watch heaps of guys stories that I have zero interesting. Sometimes I watch them for the loll But everything Laura has said, is true. It sucks, But I sometimes you also have to think I will go into Instagrams and watch someone's story, that I might watch Laura's story without even knowing the next story pops up. You don't choose that the next story is a guy, and all of a sudden you're in it. And then you try and tap out furiously because you're like, I don't want them to see that I've watched that because I don't actually want to be watching it. But then you tap out too quick, you tap the right side of the screen. All of a sudden you've gone through the whole story set.
Speaker 2: And also, not everybody, like I know that there is a big portion of the population who does check this, but not everybody checks who watches their stories, right, Some people place a lot more weight and importance in that than other people do. Like I look at people's stories all the time. It never even occurs to me that, oh, these people probably check who watch their stories, because I don't check that stuff.
Speaker 1: I never I never.
Speaker 2: Look at who checks my stories. It doesn't that doesn't even register on my radar.
Speaker 1: I always check to make sure you watch mine. Of course, you're you're like in my first five friends. So every time I flick it goes through, I actually hope you don't watch. It's a great feel to you use Brittany. Thanks, okay, but yeah, look, I mean we got we came in brutal again. We were still on a high for that first question, so we're just gonna tone it down now. Maybe you guys do have some chemistry, you do have some bands, whatever, and there was something there when you guys matched on Tinder or on bumble or whatever it was. But he clearly is not in a place in his life where he's prioritizing you or any sort of relationship with you. So don't read into the fact that he looks at your stories. I do not think that it's an indicator anything to come. And I think that we can get way, way, way.
Speaker 2: Too caught up in people's tiny, like micro actions on social media of that someone liking a photo or of somebody watching a story and.
Speaker 1: What that means.
Speaker 2: I think it means shit all And I think that real action, in real life, somebody actually sending you a message, going out of the way to call you, setting up a date, all of that shit actually means something. And you've got to remember, sending somebody a message takes minimal effort, so watching an Instagram story takes no effort. Move on, get back to swiping. Brittany's got a hand up. She has some more to ad.
Speaker 1: I would like to interject, if I may go, I agree with everything you said one hundred percent, and I just said it myself. But what I also would like to add further to this conversation is that, yes, there can be a lot of flirting on Instagram one hundred percent. We do. We've talked about it before. Instagram can be like a dating app one hundred percent. You can meet someone on Instagram, you can flirt with them, you can show an interest, and you can receive an interest. But that doesn't come in the form of watching a story. That might come in the form of them watching your stories and starting to reply to them. Maybe it's a fire sign to like a photo of you. Maybe it's that looks fun. What did you get up to, Like, it's some form of engaging in communication. That is where it's an interest, and that is where you should pursue it. But like, let's just call out the elephant in the room here. You saw him watch your story, you did absolutely the right thing that you would do when you're interested in someone, and I'm all for it. I always tell you to go and chase that approach, it open the conversation, and you did that. You wrote to him after he'd seen your story, after he had ghosted you on another platform, and invited him out for food. Fantastic. I love that you took charge. He didn't write back. He's unfortunately has zero interested in you, because he would have responded to you and said, yep, that sounds great. He wouldn't have gosted you in the first place. This guy is maybe still in some capacity interested in what you're doing, but he's got no interest any further than that. And that sucks to hear, but it's it's the truth. And I feel like it's better that we know that now. If a man or if a woman, or if anyone is interested in you, you're gotta know they're gonna they're gonna at least respond when you ask them out. And also like maybe he's seeing someone, maybe he's got a girlfriend, Like you don't know where people are actually at in their relationships, especially when you've only just met them sort of transiently online, Like there are a lot of dudes out there who are swiping away on Tinder and they've actually got girlfriends, or they're actually on their way to being in a relationship, and they don't actually want to progress it into anything.
Speaker 2: The girl's doing the same thing. Like, you know, we could be shited on both sides of the gender pool. I totally agree with everything Bridger said. And one thing that I really really agree with what she just said is like, it's amazing that you put yourself out there. It's amazing that you texted and that you know, you kind of followed it up. You've given it every opportunity to be something. And don't be dis hunted by the fact that he hasn't responded in a positive way, because the next person will.
Speaker 1: It's a numbers game. That's what dating is all about. One other thing is I just wanted to add that I've just been really proud. I'm like a proud mum this week in the Facebook group and on the Instagram. How many of you have been using my dogs running into people's dms. I got penises for fingers, So yes, like we're like proud mums. We're like look at them go and like there've been really great responses to them, So I don't know, I feel like that's my life achievement. This week. There's one one girl I actually posted in the Facebook group that she's been using the opening line of Hey, would you rather have a hat full of spiders and were it every day for the rest of your life? You can't take it off your head or have functioning penises for fingers? And then she put the responses into the Facebook group, which is Life Uncut podcasts. If you haven't joined the Facebook group's real fun, lots of roles to be had. But also I realized I kicked myself in the shin because now I can't use my line that it was my line at work. Now everyone online dating has going to receive that and think that I copied it. Well, you can start using the flaccid penises for fingers things. Actually, should I just have trademarked it? Can you kind of trademark Brittany?
Speaker 2: Just like have my back just at the end of it, just put at Life on Cut. Anyway, there's probably gonna be some peoplestening to this who have no idea what we're talking about. But if that's you, then you should have listened to a few episodes ago, and then you'd be in the note. That's all on you, girl, friendly blame yourself, all right, Okay, question number three, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the last question. Hit me hard and deep and fast and fast. Jack, shabber it into me. We've just made a business decision today, right now, whilst I'm sitting on Laura's bed, we're recording this and we're on this really rickety desk. And I can't even explain the desk to you. It leans on an angle. It's going to collapse it and you can hear it. Listen, can you hear that squeeze? Okay, that's the desk. I'm going to tell you about this desk though.
Speaker 2: So I've had this desk since I was nineteen years old, since I lived with my first boyfriend.
Speaker 1: And definitely time.
Speaker 2: And this was his mom's desk and we stole it from her.
Speaker 1: Bro you've got your ex mum from twelve years AGO's no, your ex boyfriend from twelve Yeah, goes mom's desk. I've got my old mother in law's desk in here. She was great. I really really liked her. Her name was Mel. No business decision. We miss you, but this desk is going in the bin. One leg is wobbly and it's falling off, like we're getting you a desk. Okay, all right, let's go question that three. Let's bring it home for the home ruhs. Enough. So I've been seeing this guy. I've been seeing this guy since June. We're friends with benefits Okay, she said we were FWB. It took me a while to figure out what that was. Friends with benefits last year for about three months, and we broke it off because we both got feelings for each other but we weren't ready for the relationship. We decided to see each other again just before Melbourne Lockdown two point zero and have carried it out for the last few months. We've talked about turning this into a relationship, but he seems super hesitant and he doesn't want to be locked down. He wants me to meet his friends and go to parties with him first. We have a super we have a super healthy relationship and we talk through things often. But I can't help but think he's trying to test me. First. He's met my friends, everyone in my life. He knows my family, they know about him, but on his side, I don't exist. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? He balances me out so well and he's the best thing to happen to me. Girl, Is this a good thing or a bad Thingay? Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: How long have they been dating for the second time round? So they dated for three months as fuck buddies and now they've been dating since June? She's yes, and we're in November. Yeah, sorry, before lockdown.
Speaker 1: Two point zero.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna say like four months, let's give them the benefit of the doubt, potentially five less than more than three.
Speaker 1: Let's say four, between three to six. I'm great with my mascar, really excelled at school. Okay, I have a few feelings. One, I hate that every single question we've come into and been really passionate and angry about. But I'm not going to stop now because I'm on a rock.
Speaker 2: Secondly, secondly, I think you guys gave this a shot for three months last year when you were just fuck buddies and it was obvious that he wasn't ready to commit and you were catching the feels. Then you've re reassessed, come back together to give it a second shot, and the exact same thing is happening, regardless of whether you feel like you've been dating or you feel like this relationship has progressed more this time. The fact that he won't actually put a label on it and commit to you kind of just makes you guys still fuck buddies in my opinion, And I'm going to say this from somebody who lived this for a year. I dated a guy and I've spoken about him before in our Situationship episode. I dated him for an entire year. He's a great guy. I have nothing against him. He always made it pretty clear that he wasn't quite he wasn't quite ready. He wanted to, but he just wasn't quite ready for the relationship. I waited for a year. My whole family knew about him, he'd met all my friends, and I had nothing. I was no part of his life. And so no, I don't think that it's a good thing. I think that he is kind of trialing you as a girlfriend. And if you guys have been dating again for four months, that's seven months in total that you've been a part of each other's lives. You know each other, you understand each other. You should know by now whether or not you want to be in a relationship with each other. And if that's what you want and you're not getting it from him, cut your loss's girlfriend because he right now he has a girlfriend without any of the commitment.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna we have been coming in quite passionate aggressive. I'm gonna come in try and I'm going to try like cute aggressive. Okay, So coming from someone that has like a wide collection of red flags, I know them when I see them now, like this is a bugs and hear it all at the red flag room. Did take a Mariachi bed. My room is for the red flags, and this is a red flag, and a number one red flag to me is someone that wants to keep you a secret. I'm passionate. I'm cute passionate about this because I did that as well. For I know you guys are going to be like, what the hell, Brittany, I did that for two years? Like I wasn't a part of my sociopathic ex life for two years.
Speaker 2: This is episode number three. If you need to go back and listen to it and you haven't, Brittany dated a guy who had a double life. It's a really fucking big episode. We highly recommend listening to it.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. I did not, and I'm ashamed to even say it out loud now, and I only talk about it because I hope it helps other people. It's insane. In two years, Laura, I did not meet one friend in his life, not one. I met his family once and I had to be introduced to them as a special friend. And as if this wasn't a red flag poking my eyeball out, he always played it off in a way that it was convincing to me that this was just like the best thing for our relationship, and I was so special to him, and I was so I mean, to be fair, this was very He was a master manipulator. But anyone that wants to keep you a secret means either they have something else going on in their life. They're not proud of you, or maybe they're embarrassed by you, or they literally just don't want you in their life in that capacity and they're happy with what they've got so in this situation.
Speaker 2: Or they're keeping their options open. I wasn't cute aggressive, that was just aggressive. It started cure you lost the cue. I did a hair whip, but no one saw it. No, it got scary. I got scared, So it doesn't I have to be about you. That's the other thing I think that, Oh no, this isn't about her, it's about him. But saying like he's not proud of you or he's not excited to be it's not about you.
Speaker 1: It's about he is.
Speaker 2: Not ready to be in a relationship, and you shouldn't be wasting your time with someone who's not ready if that's what you want.
Speaker 1: Where I was going with that, If you take it's like opposite day. So everything I just said reverse that. What that means is he should be proud of you. He should be wanting you to meet everyone in his life. He should be happy with you. There should be nothing that's worth hiding. That's where I'm going. It's definitely nothing to do with you. If he doesn't want to do that's he's probably just really happy with what you've got going on, which is you've got a connection, obviously, because you can't spend that much time with someone without it. So that's one hundred percent there. Obviously there's a level of feeling there. But he's enjoying friends with benefits. He's sleeping with you with no other attachment and no other commitment, and it doesn't seem like that's all the cards for him. So that's something you need to decide. If you're happy with ultimately, you're in charge here. If you're happy legitimately happy to have him on the side whilest you continue your life and look for something else, then go for it. I think those relationships can be wonderful. But what happens is when someone starts to develop feelings like you're doing now and you're wanting something more, he's pulling back saying I'm not ready for that, but I want to keep this up. You need to decide if you're happy to take that on or if that's going to cause more pressure and stress and upset you. And that's you're in control. So if you really want to be with him and he doesn't, maybe you need to cut those tires and continue down another path and look for your penguin because he's out there. For one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: We kind of glossed over the fact that you guys have just done lockdown, so like your relationship that kind of blossomed and the intensity of the relationship and the fact that you felt like our actually we're dating. We're boyfriend and girlfriend. Now, being in lockdown would have really really impacted that because there's no other distractions for him. You know, he wasn't able to go out and meet new people, he wasn't able to go out and.
Speaker 1: Go to parties.
Speaker 2: He was more invested in you than necessarily he is emotionally invested in you, and that's physically because you know, you could come around to his house. You guys were having said like there was a great connection there, but that connection was unchallenged by the real.
Speaker 1: World, aka a situationship.
Speaker 2: So that's what makes exactly that's what makes it a situationship. So I think, you know, it's probably become very easy to romanticize it and make it bigger than what it is, especially because it probably felt like it is bigger than what it is. And I have no doubt that he has probably led you to believe that it's bigger than what it is because that relationship was the only option during this lockdown period. And now that things are lifting and now that life is going back to normal, he is showing what he truly wants and he's showing his true colors by saying I don't want a relationship right now. I want to be able to go to parties. I want to be able to see my friends. I want to see how this fits into my life. I'm not saying you need to call it day dot. If you want to go to some parties with him, if you want to go meet his friends, and do that first before you say actually no, you need to make up your mind. But I think be very very wary. If you feel like he's road testing you as a girlfriend and he's just prolonging this situationship, then do what's right for you and call it, because you know, ultimately we have our intuition for a reason. You can see those red flags there. Don't ignore them because you don't want to see them, and you'll end up like me, not necessarily. Also, like Brett's not in a bad place, life is good. I'm okay, okay, Can I say one thing? And I fucking love this. I saw this in the Facebook group the other day. So BRIT's been kind of dating this Parisian guy, like we've talked about a little bit, this French guy. She made the comment that he's so hot and he doesn't know how hot he is. And somebody wrote in the Facebook group. Any man that rocks up on a first date with.
Speaker 1: The unbridled confidence to wear a white turtleneck knows exactly how fucking hot he is. And I was like, thank you, yes, preach it, sister. I was like, actually, I feel your vibes on that, and I have one little update that you're gonna love. But the second date he turned up in a white knit this guy, which I also love. But I was like, oh wait till the group is about this. This guy knows exactly how hot he is. He's steaming. Yes, one hundred percent. There is no man lacking in confidence, who's like a little bit nerdy, who's like a bit of a dog, who's going to rock up to a date wearing a knitted white turtleneck. But you have to also remember you have to take this out of the context. That's a man with a that's some big dick energy right there. But you have to put this in context. If an Australian guy rocked up from Bondai on a date with a white turtleneck, I would probably loolcano the hell out of it. But this guy's French. Every second French guy every European wears turtlenecks. They will do it. So for him, he doesn't know he's hot, he's just wearing normal clothes. He knows he is hot.
Speaker 2: Oh, guys, I can't wait to keep on updating you on this. I bet you he comes to the next day and he's like a little Brittany. I know that I am very hot.
Speaker 1: He's probably listening. Just keeps wearing white a French All right, guys, on that this is We're finished. That's it. That's our episode. It's actually forty minutes. It's not that quick. This is our quick, down and dirty episode. Thank you to everybody who's sent in questions for ask on Cut. We've had loads and loads and loads of very relationships specific questions coming in recently. So if you have some things that are outside of that, maybe some friend questions, maybe some work questions, bros, whatever it is, whatever questions you have, send them on through send them to our Instagram at Life un Cut Podcasts. You can also send them to us on Facebook at Life un Cut Podcasts, which is our group. Great to be involved in the group, much support, so funny, amazing people, many lolls to be had, so I recommend that as well and once again, If you guys, if you haven't voted yet for the Australian Podcast Awards, I'm going to say for the Trump and elections. I was like, not, Laura, no cold, That's not right. That'll be over by the time this comes out.
Speaker 2: If you guys, if you haven't voted yet for us on the Australian Podcast Awards, and you've listened to episodes and you've gotten something out of it, whether you have laughed along with some accidentally unfiltered stories, whether you have been touched by some of our more deeper episodes, if you want to continue on on My Dating Life, you have to go and vote yes or you know, whatever it is that you've gotten out of the podcast. We would so greatly appreciate for you to go and cast your vote. It's for the People's Choice Award. And I'm going to put the link in our show notes again, but if you haven't found it, you can also go onto our Instagram. I've put it in the bio. There takes literally thirty seconds, and.
Speaker 1: The important thing to know is to actually solidify the vote. After you vote, you have to go into your email and if it's not in your mainstream email, it may have gone to your spam, but that is crucial to the vote. Just got to authorize it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get that good stuff and also then Britt will send you a puppy, so like everybody wins.
Speaker 1: Here anyway, guys, that is it from us. Tell your mom, tell your dad, tell your friends, tell your dog, tell whoever it is that's close.
Speaker 3: By, and share the love because we love it.
Speaker 1: The tabapaya baababa baba