Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast Friday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell's Show. Good morning, Patsy, Good morning, Good morning, Rio, Good morning. Before we get into this week's double thumbs up, well we go out of the team talk about the things we're enjoying this week long weekend. What a gift? Ria, What are you up to this long weekend?
Speaker 3: I have a King's birthday long weekend tennis tournament.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, God, so boring, My god, it's cool. Pho Oh, chaps, what say we gather another? Really don't have a long old I think I said you're gonna have a long lunch or something of pup cruel tennis tournament. Yes, rather ra, all the chaps down the club, are you? How are you? Jumpers? Your gant jumpers over your shoulders.
Speaker 2: It is a lawn tennis tournament, so yes, will be fancy.
Speaker 1: Why do you think I'm a fancy pom than me?
Speaker 2: It's in doubles and it's knockout as well.
Speaker 1: Gosh, so much dry not there. There's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Tension I've got.
Speaker 3: I've made a new tennis friend's someone I played against and now we're friends.
Speaker 1: Isn't that cute? Wow?
Speaker 4: This We're really excited. We're going up to Milliwa, to the wine region, beautiful lance More and I'm very honestly lance.
Speaker 1: More lovely ones too. That's a beautiful place.
Speaker 4: I tell you how excited I am. We realized the other night we actually haven't left city limits since Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so over you break?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: What about yourself?
Speaker 1: Well, tomorrow, Sarah and I am celebrating seven years of the show. We're having if you ask me, I prefer a long lunch too. Didn't even agree. It's just the best long lunch. So a long lunch and then on Monday. I am a des fan. I've been every year since we here. God of the King's Birthday game. What's looking forward to it? Two games ago? But if you saw the D's hopefully didn't see the d S smash by wait for Saints, then now you know I'm not. I'm not looking forward to game, but I'm looking forward to the occasion because actually what Neil Danaher has done the money that Mayn has raised. I think he was raised. He's one of the mos most incredible human beings in the world. So obviously we celebrated seven years of the show on Wednesday. So the first King's Birthday I went to I'd only been on air a couple of days. Hamis McLaughlin was working for the first year on the show as our kind of footy correspondent. He was initiating me into the great game, and he did a great jowe with a lovely guy. He said, look, come along and as you said to Neil Dan to her, you know you should really find out about this guy. So I met now Neil twenty eighteen on King's Birthday, and I met his beautiful daughter Beck as well. What was incredible. So for the next couple of hours I kept seeing Neil walking around everywhere, being with people non stop. I was exhausted, simply because we've done a breakfast show that day. Nil's incredible, unrelating energy was unbelievable. I couldn't believe the energy of the man. Oh incredible, and I really hope one day they find a cure. If they will, it would because because actually the money that that charity's raised and Nil's raised and their whole team there has actually is pioneering the research. No one does it more around the world than Melbourne. It's all been driven out. Yeah. I really hope they find a cure one day, and it because of what Neil Danna has done. I mean, what a legacy that man already had in an amazing career. But then to get that diagnosis and to have a choice about how's he going to be? I don't know if I would who knows if anything tested like that, how you would respond? But is an incredible man Neil Donah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I would like that. It's just insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so Big Freeze is good fun. It's such an institution now, isn't it. If were going down the side and that, it's a really good day. So I'm looking forward to that. You actually need to be someone well known. They don't sound random. Mum Christian one of the facts said, too many at lunch took a wrong turning, so and next thing's going down a slide.
Speaker 4: Already got he picked out. You could go as Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 1: Has anyone done that in these ten or eleven.
Speaker 4: Years Benny Mercury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think of Bruce.
Speaker 1: I tell you who did one of the best ones. I think the last year was Eric Banners. What was that? He can't remember what he did, but I all remember he was very funny. He made a joke about nuts and that is all you need to win this fifty two year old child over all right, this play a song. When we come back, we get into this week's Double Thumbs Up Christian O'Connell Show, Gone podcast. It's the Christian O'Connell show. Were doing Double thumbs Up now every Friday we go around the team that's me, Rio and Pat to talk about the things that we're enjoying this week. So if you're looking for new TV shows, documentaries, or movies, listen up. We've got some recommendations. All right, couple from me finished watching Manhunts, Oh God for Bin Larden. This is a three part document mentory. I was slightly cautious about watching it because I thought would be a very gung ho thank you America for Safe. It's not that at all. It's an incredibly well made and what really makes it brilliant and original is it's footage with all the CIA insiders who spent over ten years, you know, two different decades, had spanned over painstakingly researching and never ever giving up, hoping that one day justice would be served on Bin Larden and it happened. And they've even got interviews with Rob Wilson, who was the swat guy, who the Navy seal that shot beIN Larden and what a great storyteller he is. It is gripping stuff and actually at the end it's actually quite a sad ending. You know, they talk about, yes, justice was served, but at what costs? So many people lost their lives. It's actually quite sad times it mind me, of all the terrorist attacks we had in London, the London terrorist attacks in two thousands and all the people that lost their lives there. So it's actually quite sat times. But it's a moment in our history and it is so well made. The ending is actually very moving, isn't it.
Speaker 3: And it's thrilling, like it is a documentary with no narrator and my part, you know, how it ends.
Speaker 1: The last episode is actually is the twenty two minutes. That's what it was from when they started repelling down to helicopters and tour they shot him as twenty two minutes and you're watching it and you've got goosebumps, you can't be breathe.
Speaker 2: Yes, I.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize one of the Blackhawks crashed.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, kidding no, and they just carried on.
Speaker 1: Yes, improvised, and so much chaos happened that they just have to deal with that. We didn't know. Yeah, it's on Netflix. It's called Manhunt. Can't recommend that enough. Another thing that's on a completely different thing is a new Own Wilson comedy called Stix. It's a golf comedy. I've seen the whole season. It's just started this week. It is very fun. It's a TV shirt yeah for our episodes. I love Own Wilson. I wish him and Vince More would do more movies together. Yes, wedding crashes. I was hoping it was going to be a series of movies with differences, because I thought those two were just gold to the other cinemat to god, they're so good. Owen Wilson here, it's back in a comedy show. It's very funny. He's a washed out golf instructor. He finds some young prodigie. It's really funny. Sticks is very good. That's on Apple TV. Rhea, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 3: I watched the Australian Story on Monday night for Ange posta Coogloo.
Speaker 1: I've got that saved, as we used to say back in the day, got it on my VHS tape. So watch over the weekends.
Speaker 2: I urge you to watch it.
Speaker 3: It'll make you proud to be Australian because what he's achieved, and it's.
Speaker 2: Flown under the radar.
Speaker 1: Hardest league in the world with one of the worst team of chokers as well, Tottenham.
Speaker 3: Yes, such a long history, haven't won a European trophy in forty years. He takes them over, this's never been an Australian coach in the EPL.
Speaker 2: Takes them over.
Speaker 3: And they are doing terribly last year there almost bottom of the table, almost being relegated.
Speaker 2: He's a laughing stock.
Speaker 3: And then he says in the bottom of their bottom he says, I always win a trophy in my second year and he's.
Speaker 1: He did it. It's an amazing story. You should be and Andngre is an incredible character as well. And that is the hardest, most brutal league in the in the world. The epl the richest one, but the hardest one. He's had a really tough two years. Plus there's no guarantee that he doesn't get fired in the next week.
Speaker 2: Yes, he still might get fired.
Speaker 1: Daniel Levy has fired so many managers are they just it's brutal And is a great guy. He's got a lot of dignity and integrity as well. Even if he does get fired as well, he'll go into another top job in Europe. Tell you what those lads play for. Ang is very very clear and he's brilliant the press conferences. He's a crumpy old man. Yes, the poor guy should put up with these relentless dumb questions in the UK sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't suffer any fool It's from pren you know, grew up in Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really right, So it's a good watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great watch, really moving and a story that just doesn't get told on him.
Speaker 1: All right, We're going to take a break and then we'll come up with Patsy's Double thumbs Up. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Friday Morning. Welcome to the show. We're doing Double thumbs Up. We go around the team and we share the shows that we're enjoying at the moment, or anything else. If there's anything you're into that you'd like to recommend to us, you can text me four seven five three one oh four three parats. What are you loving this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we caught last Sunday they had to dom on Netflix, which is.
Speaker 2: Keep seeing that what is It's crazy? I knew nothing about it.
Speaker 4: So it's like, you know, when you select something and to do you get that oh sound effect? This super Bowl performance and what it is is an announcement of when all your favorite shows, the new seasons are coming out, like it is a.
Speaker 1: Big you're watching TV about TV?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy, And they've got all the stars on the stage, you know, bringing them on like a full produced performance of just announcing.
Speaker 1: They do this. All the TV networks do it twice. Is called the upfronts, right, so all the stars will present to advertisers what the big shows are. I didn't realize anyone would actually want to see that.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Sound man? Did you shoot him?
Speaker 4: Build up to our favorite show? So Stranger Things very very late to the party because Audrey was a very young teen when Strange or even younger when Stranger Things started we knew that she would like it. She's just started watching it. Chris had blitzed it, my husband had blitzed it, but so I hadn't seen it. So we're watching it together.
Speaker 1: It's a great show. It's really good. You love it, love it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a good story when you know stranger things comes on the screen the red graphics and it's like this about it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: So that's coming in season five on November.
Speaker 1: End of November, we will watch from watching that TV show to Nomber Nomber calendar November. This is double thumbs up about shows are coming out in five years times that might.
Speaker 4: Be good episode two of season two.
Speaker 1: So by then I will great recommendation about a thing. That's how in November it is June, happy Gilmour July. Yeah, that is so close again the thing you haven't seen, we're meant to recommend that we've seen, not potential shows either, predictions. Another thing I just want to say. Then Fast and Furious twenty two, it's coming out in thirty thirty nine. I watched it on the TV show. Is it to done? For Tedium?
Speaker 4: I have nothing left to say other than you have a lot to say.
Speaker 1: Earlier giving us doughnuts today, Pats, No, come on, no fair, all right, what.
Speaker 2: Did you give us a podcast?
Speaker 1: Not your own one?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it's not you know, self promotion. It is Charlotte from Sex and the City. Kristen Davis has done a spin off podcast. So if you can't get enough Sex and the City or and just tell me this.
Speaker 1: By the way, you were talking about the news season. It's huge, right is it good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But it's a bit controversial. Well I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I can say, because it's a family friendly show, but there's a certain scene with Aiden that has like forums up in.
Speaker 2: Sex and the City.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit racy, which is why we love this series so much.
Speaker 1: Editionary on TV is it? I must look away right now.
Speaker 4: For shy oh he does something that's a bit rank. But anyway, the podcast.
Speaker 1: Is right now. You tell me that I'm gonna have to find out everyone get me going at half six in the morning on a Friday.
Speaker 4: You know, they're pushing the boundaries with and just like that, they're pushing the boundaries ever so just it's like, hang on, have you gone over the top.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I only got the other thing coming in November.
Speaker 4: I'm going to har you was Charlotte and it's on the iHeart platform.
Speaker 1: Way, it's good shows on there all right. I'm using the sport. Coming up next, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast