Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Dead?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday Morning. Welcome to The Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning, producer, Rio, Good morning, Good morning Patsy, Happy Friday team. What are you looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 1: Patsy? What's it for you?
Speaker 3: We have got date night tomorrow night. We're going to a very nice local restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what kind of food.
Speaker 3: Well, they've got a new menus, So we're going out to Joseph's at Whereby Mansion and they have a new winter menu.
Speaker 5: Of course it is now winter or.
Speaker 2: Coming off the winter tune the first Yes, but you know.
Speaker 3: You'll be able to relate to this Christian because suddenly we're getting all this free time of just being a couple again, because what are you starting to do?
Speaker 5: Her own stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we haven't had this in fourteen years, and it's actually really nice because it's like, oh, that's right, I remember what it was like before we had a baby.
Speaker 2: Yes, and yeah, you're so catching up with someone you haven't seen in well, for Sarah and I twenty years except that really is this have you been? What have you done?
Speaker 3: It was so nice though, and then you've realized you look across the table and it's like, yeah, we're both a bit older.
Speaker 5: Yes, wiser, yes, and the connection is still there. So I'm looking forward to that will.
Speaker 2: Be Now I don't feel wiser. I'm really hoping forward one day when will that wisdom find drop still having the same dumb arguments of the life after Well, last Friday, you know, with Everything's sing good by the Jackie Boy, it kind of got swept up in that. But last Friday was our twenty seventh wedding anniversary. Do you know. The biggest reaction, thank you mate. The biggest reaction to people is oh my god, well done. Because actually satday these days, divorces increasingly common. It's very hard to have a long termination now, really really hard. There's so many challenges any life together, and so the number one reaction people is.
Speaker 6: Just like, oh my around, my god.
Speaker 2: Well it is almost like there wants a bit of standing ovation. Do you know what real? What he went to me? He goes, oh my god, like what the same person? Yeah, that's how it looks it's just twenty seven years a sentence. It's a journey. Joy is journey, isn't it. It's a deepening because you've been through so much together. That's what deepens your relationship. It's even more sacred now because you've been through so much together. Twenty seven years is a long long time war mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, war, No, it's not that all.
Speaker 2: Keep it. It's not war. A war tall love not war sharing. You're listening now, please, God, damn it. Let's make love. There's been too much more on that twenty seven year attrition.
Speaker 6: That's my ear. Why don't you've been through so much, so many wars lost?
Speaker 2: The battle, I've got trench for.
Speaker 1: What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 6: I've got a house party of course. Yeah yeah yeah, and it is wig themes. Everyone has to bring a wig?
Speaker 2: How crazy? And guess where my probably mid aged my wig?
Speaker 6: Actually?
Speaker 2: Is it mad? Monday dress up? Monday player?
Speaker 6: Well my wig is from your wife's fiftieth birthday party.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 6: When I came as.
Speaker 2: It, I was like, I'll need this one day. It's a good look.
Speaker 1: The glasses.
Speaker 6: The glasses had the card again, Yes, I think those are gone. But the wig luckily still remains. So I don't know what I actually don't know what to expect from this party. Everyone's just in a wig.
Speaker 2: It's a great thing about making some effort or dressing up a party is you've got a great icebreaker that changes the atmosphere. And I know a lot of people go, oh, can't you bother? But when you do make even a bit of an effort, it's something to talk about. It changes the dynamic there. It makes it a better night already. Yes, there's an eeric simon and you're looking over other people going, oh they what do they come at?
Speaker 1: Walking out?
Speaker 2: It just makes it a bit more fun right from the get go. Actually, you'll have a great night, all right. Coming up next, then we go around the team for this week's double thumbs up. It's gold one Ie four point three. Good morning, Christian O'Connell show. Go on podcast, The Christian O'Connell Show. Let's get into this week's double thumbs up. This is where we go around the team, meet Pats and Rio and we talk about the things we're into this week. Two things from me first of all. Then there's a big new drama on Prime. You got to seen all the adverts called Mobland. Now, it got recommended to me by every single male friend of mine, and they all kept saying this, Do you like Tom Hardy? I'm like, yeah, you got to watch my Bland, right, have I? You got to watch it?
Speaker 1: Do you like Tom Hardy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know what it is catnip from mid leg because what he represents is what they'll never be. Tough, yeah right, tough and buff right in those years that's long gone, that's left the town. Okay, So anyway, it's also got Pears brosson in and Helen Mirren. Now I'm nine episodes in. I've become addicted to it.
Speaker 1: Is It is good.
Speaker 2: However, there's a major klang and I've watched all night and I love it. The major klang is Pears Bronson and the very English Helen Mirren are doing very strong Irish accents.
Speaker 1: Now the now a lot of a lot of great.
Speaker 2: British actors and actresses can do American accents really good. The Irish one is don't bother right, It would have been fine to do your normal accents.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's a fantasy sort of gang land thing anyway. So but the Irish accents are real strong, where you're like, why whoa, whoa, whoa? Why didn't anyone go cut?
Speaker 6: Piss?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Oh yeah, well fade them there, no harrigans. No, Tom Hardy is obviously gone. Listen, I did I did one bad accent. I ain't doing this again.
Speaker 1: He's just Tom Hardy.
Speaker 2: He's outstanding in it because he's not going. I didn't get more into houray, so we wins on that back down, cap, I wish you could do like you know, you get your director's cut. You just did a Tom Hardy. Can I just have the Tom Hardy scenes and love pace pos And he's actually Irish, look but this accent, it's not He's Irish going to get banned from it's sacrilegious.
Speaker 1: It's shocking.
Speaker 5: He looks amazing though he does.
Speaker 2: He's a real because like seventeen now, oh my god, no, no, he is. He's very he's very hot. He's still going to I don't know how he's done it. That man looks great. He does.
Speaker 1: Look at those yeah wow.
Speaker 2: And he's a silk fox in it. Yeah, by gangster god. We love a bad boy. We won't take this so Mobland I really enjoyed as well. Perhatsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I'm so excited because of this. That's I'm pointing at you to play play hit the button.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you're excited about this coming back? Sorry?
Speaker 6: What funster you?
Speaker 2: This is coming back?
Speaker 1: Sorry that sounds.
Speaker 2: So it points again?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 9: And no?
Speaker 2: No, sorry, I've got it right.
Speaker 6: This fingers do it again?
Speaker 2: So it was coming back?
Speaker 5: This is coming back?
Speaker 6: Oh, for goodness, is.
Speaker 2: Actually is what I hear when I hear this, I had it right with did smile every man.
Speaker 1: Being forced to pretend that he watches And.
Speaker 5: It's brilliant, just like that. Series three dropping today.
Speaker 6: On Max and I'm very very so is it they're still doing?
Speaker 2: What are the Fab four or Fab five whatever they're called now up to?
Speaker 5: Well they're moving on. So this is the third series of series. No, it's brilliant.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: I feel like I have grown up with these girls. So I started watching Sex and the City law models for.
Speaker 2: A woman to be raised by people that like shoe shopping.
Speaker 6: If only.
Speaker 2: Shoe shopping range against the monos.
Speaker 3: I do feel like I've up with them and now they're in their fifties and sixties, and it's just it's taken you along for the ride, and it's just, you know, I'll never forget that they've killed big Off in that first sort.
Speaker 2: Of big mistake, though it was a great character in that.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe it. I'm still traumatic.
Speaker 2: Because he died after using a peloton. My wife was trying to persuade me to set it. It's not a documentary in the show. Yeah. I really didn't have the sales because they mainly marketed it and middle aged met like me, it's off, maybe you should get rid of it. I don't want to go in the garage one day and your dad's to have your peloton. I was like, what a way to go. It's just like mister big.
Speaker 5: But it just hit us for six. I didn't you know. I was so careful not to have any spoilers before. Actually we know how good you're about the Formula one, and I just yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Was just shot.
Speaker 5: But I'm so excited about this.
Speaker 3: So this is, you know, because Hacks is drawing to an end and now this is my new cat Nip is just like that, so on Max really looking forward to that.
Speaker 5: The other thing, I found a really cool dear which.
Speaker 9: Do you like.
Speaker 1: On Sunrise?
Speaker 2: A cool dip? Do you know?
Speaker 5: Do you like a hommit Holmoss? I found ms Garlic range.
Speaker 1: They do a range of dips.
Speaker 6: They're so good.
Speaker 3: And you know, we did land the other night and I just I didn't feel like doing a gravy or a midt source nothing.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm going to get?
Speaker 10: Some of.
Speaker 3: This has like got such a beautiful richness and velvety smoothness.
Speaker 6: They are the smoothest, are the.
Speaker 2: Smoothest, honest Thomas Sucks describe the pleasant sensations. There are some mut it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: No, it's beautiful. So it's Yumie's brand. It's roasted garlic. You can get it anywhere any super market.
Speaker 2: Anywhere you can be in Rebel Sports.
Speaker 5: The Yumi's strong breath the next morning.
Speaker 1: But it's weird, we've noticed.
Speaker 2: But anyway, just put pop the mint in before the news or something. All right, we're taking a break. We'll come back with Rio's double thumbs up at this time. If not, we'll just go strength to the news.
Speaker 7: Christian o'condal show podcast.
Speaker 2: Rio, what is your double thumbs up?
Speaker 1: This week. What are you enjoying?
Speaker 6: I am still getting pimples as an adult, so I'm thirty two years old. I thought, surely old age.
Speaker 2: Out of it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're just DoD in puberty, your late developer.
Speaker 6: But I've noticed there's a new product that's actually changed the game for me. Pimple patches. There are these tiny, little clear patches. You pop them if you can see one coming up, you put it on and it never emerges as a pimple. It's gone the next day.
Speaker 2: What does it do? Just push it back down, it comes through the top somewhere else.
Speaker 6: It protects it from the dirt, and it keeps it a bit moist.
Speaker 3: So it deals me that Audrey has these all the kids at high school fantastic and camar to the hey sports girl even do them?
Speaker 7: Oh wow?
Speaker 5: It just draws all the muck out, so it's it cleans up quicker.
Speaker 6: It's if I had this as a teenage, I think that might be nice, as if you washed your face. I have a very diligent skincare routine. But if I had this as a teenager, honestly, or it would have changed my life because I'm bad acne as a.
Speaker 2: Kid talking about um skincare routines, like, so last week I went somewhere to get my wife and bits for our wedding anniversary. The guy goes to me, it's a very good salesman, right, and you know good salesman where you actually think like, actually, do you know what this might me start a friendship. I'm a real sucker for these where I'll be like an hour and there really gone. Where would that guy? So goes how much have we spent in there? I was just about the money. It's just like we have very anywhere. He goes to me about a little treat for yourself, sir, you know what, thank you? I will without realizing, well then I'll be paying for that as well, just double what I was like, God damn it, Martin, thank you. And he goes, we'll only get up in the morning. I go four am. He goes, and he obviously didn't hear really what he said. He's just got the self and he goes, so you've got time he got tired for skincaret. No, no, no, actually I don't get up for fun at four am because that's when I have to get up to go to it. He goes, again, not here watch it, he goes, So you've got twenty minutes for skin carried in minute, twenty minutes, twenty minutes sleeping. No, I'd rather have not good old skin. They're twenty minutes. Bring myself to go on the radio. No, what else have you been enjoying this week?
Speaker 1: Rio?
Speaker 6: I've been loving Righteous Gemstones on Binge. It is probably one of the best comedies I think at the moment. It is a dark comedy. It is if you liked Succession, if you liked Killing It, there was also on stand. You'll love Righteous Gemstones. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: Danny McBride and obviously the man of the moment right now, Walton Goggins. He's been doing great work for years, but obviously because of White Lotus now everyone's waking up to what a great but he does comedy really well, him and Danny McBride and Rusia's Gemstones. You're right, it's one of the most underrated comedies the last couple years.
Speaker 1: People don't really waking.
Speaker 2: Up to how good it is.
Speaker 6: No one talks about it. I mean stitches, yeah, really far.
Speaker 1: It's so so good, very well done.
Speaker 6: And not many good comedies out on streaming at the moment, so I would highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: All right, we got the latest news and sport coming up next.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I've just had a quick look at where we'd be going to in about half an hour's time, where the tiny trades.
Speaker 1: Five kids. I don't think we can call them kids.
Speaker 2: Actually, because they're like, what are they eleven, twelve and thirteen? What are they? Teenagers?
Speaker 6: Preteens?
Speaker 1: They're not preteens.
Speaker 2: Teenagers are going to be taking each other on to build a bedside table with one draw the area where we're doing this.
Speaker 1: Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: Yes, incredibly looks incredible, right.
Speaker 1: One of the kids and the dad is already here.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, source of dad's Scott and Bridget are already here. We're not doing it for half an hour, so I saw them about ten minutes ago. He has done what I've done. You know you'd rather get there early.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, all dads are like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, good dad's skills.
Speaker 6: That very unlike a trade though, to get this.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you're quite right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well then they'll start early, knock off early, so they are doing the trading thing, all right. So when we're doing double thumbs up. I was talking about the TV shown Mobland and we're all talking about Piers Prosner, and you guys were guessing how old is Piers Prosner and we found out he seventy two? And we should do a game about celebrities ages. We have cobbled this together in the last ten minutes. Are we ready to play? What's their age?
Speaker 1: Again? I'm ready?
Speaker 8: Do you know the age of this celebrity? He's seeing a fay fifty or forty three? What decade do you think their brock was born? Is Keith rich is still alive? Does anybody know their age? What's their age again? What's their rage? My friend?
Speaker 2: All right, what's their age again? By the way, Hugh Jackman, I saw him skipping this week. We've seen that footage of him skipping.
Speaker 6: No, you have an algorithm that's very Yeah, he's quite unique.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, you're right. How old do you think Hugh Jackman is by the.
Speaker 3: Way, Yeah, oh he's ageless, but maybe fifty No, he's older than that.
Speaker 5: I reckon, I'm going to say about fifty six.
Speaker 1: Perhaps that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because I think you know he's within reach. If I were to marry him, it would be a.
Speaker 2: Good would reach. Wow, Hug Chapman waking up today single.
Speaker 5: I met him once, years and years and years ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's play this stop.
Speaker 5: I'm going to tell my story. He was really famous in the building here.
Speaker 3: He was on stage doing Sunset Boulevard, little known actor like it was his first breakout theater.
Speaker 2: Performance because he came from the world of musical.
Speaker 5: Yes, theatrical background, and he was absolutely charming, and.
Speaker 2: It was we should a minute for that.
Speaker 1: We guess he would be.
Speaker 3: It was quite dangerous me being alone with him in the list. Well, you know, I really had to hold myself back and be a lady.
Speaker 2: How we Well, thanks for doing that for all of us. And we have got little pats and huge Chapman babies right now in her reach.
Speaker 6: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: I described Huge Chapman this week as Tom Cruise for grown ups who did theater like got it, really got it.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: What's their age celebrities? Ages? Okay, sure, how old do.
Speaker 7: You think she is?
Speaker 3: She's eighty I'm going to say eighty one, seventy eight, Okay, looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Tom Hanks.
Speaker 2: He's another one like Hugh Jackman, ageless. He's always kind of like had those looks for a while.
Speaker 6: Now, yes he's been old, but he has this age. Yes, seventy seven.
Speaker 9: Oh so.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say sixty eight, Pats, you're very good at this, is he sixty eight?
Speaker 1: Sixty eight?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And the producers have got some really great facts here. Tom Hanks has a huge typewriter collection. Oh does he? Does?
Speaker 5: He so, Darren Hinch and.
Speaker 2: Owns more than two hundred and fifty of them. He's down Hitch, the guy from Savage Garden.
Speaker 3: He's a journalist, a veteran journalists. Where would you put all those typewriting? Pink?
Speaker 2: Tom Hanks isn't short of property space to house back probably anyway.
Speaker 5: Pink, pink, I'm going to say forty two.
Speaker 2: No, forty eight, forty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's awesome.
Speaker 1: Hem Hemsworth, which one of which?
Speaker 5: Which is that right?
Speaker 2: Pink? Garry? Yes, that's for thirty.
Speaker 1: Five forty one. Paul Hogan, we saw him in the chair this week.
Speaker 5: He's eighty five.
Speaker 6: It looks rough as hell.
Speaker 2: I reckon, you can't be listen. You're very disrespectful about the older generation. You know, he's he went to school with Pats in the year behind her.
Speaker 5: Not eighty one, No, he's eighty five.
Speaker 1: Eighty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love the game. I Love you another one. Even at eighty five, you still ride him in that show.
Speaker 5: He's a national treasure.
Speaker 2: Enough The Christian o'connall Show podcast Christian O'Connell Show. Yesterday, on the show, we were talking about pub crawls and we said we might do a listener pub crawl in the next couple of weeks. I said, the person that should be in charge of this is the power drinker, that is the power unit, that is the werribee. Love God, give that man a foam finger. He will be pub crawl leader. Now have you spoken to him? Is he up for this? Is he up for it? He just started already.
Speaker 5: Cleared the schedule.
Speaker 3: But I do have some requests because remember we did that sausage eating contest.
Speaker 5: He was crooked for like a couple of days after that.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that an idea we didn't need to do. The other one was the weet mix one that actually I started try heaving seeing three adults including crawls, so two adults trying to eat as many wheatbos in an hour.
Speaker 1: There was a little jockey that won it.
Speaker 2: The tiny guy is small? Did I come twelve or thirteen of them? All that milk and like ling.
Speaker 1: So Chris the web we loved. What a his requests the well, they're more.
Speaker 5: My request he has none.
Speaker 3: My request is there is all garden hoses are hidden after the first lady what he did for.
Speaker 1: For my wife where he just goes to me, have you got hose? This is five years ago.
Speaker 2: My wife turned fifty and we only just moved here, and so we had six years ago, and yeah, we'd only been here just a year, and so we invited you guys all came and it was a great night. Everyone had to go. It was the thing was dead famous, so it was a dead celebrity who everyone was in outfits. I think there were three Freddie Mercurys to George my courses I could take away three Friday. I was clearly prince.
Speaker 1: I was very clearly prince.
Speaker 2: Anyway, after a couple of hours I found Chris hiding in my pantry where the alcohol was right, and I'd bought a bottle of amongst all the boozs, bottle of xam black Zambouki, and I thought there'd been nice to middle of the nights, everyone to have a shot. Chris was just having it by himself. Then I helped to finish off. He goes, have you got a hose? Yeah, I said, but don't worry about clearing up. He goes, no, it's time for beer bongs? Went is it?
Speaker 6: Welcome to it?
Speaker 1: So we go down the side of.
Speaker 2: My house where the hose is right, and all I could find was a bread knife because they bring a knife, so we have was his bread knife and he wanted to cut off a section of it like an umbilical calls to use as you know, as the pipe. He's on top of a chair and forced feeding gets alcohol, which they really didn't need. So he destroyed my hose. My lie next my right it was it's just been attached as well. It's a very nice one. So so is he coming on the pub crawl?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 5: He is there, he is in line.
Speaker 2: We have some audio, you know, in terms.
Speaker 11: Of keeping up with me on the bees at pace, there's only ever been three blikes that could do it. Rod's still going. Rod can always keep up with me. And then he got chucker and Andy, and the only three Blikes have ever been able to do.
Speaker 2: It, and two of them are dead.
Speaker 11: God, risk this old.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're halfway through a conversation we're not privy to.
Speaker 6: Yes, what was the start of that?
Speaker 2: Yes? Who are those three boys?
Speaker 5: Well, two were schoolmates and one actually hired it.
Speaker 3: Used to be Chris's boss and now they're very close friends. Like you remember Rod that ruined my anniversary dinner.
Speaker 2: Has to come to me because he annoy you, Patsy, But Chuck your Andy blessed our souls.
Speaker 5: No longer we no longer with us in spirit?
Speaker 2: Ye okay. Now we have a WhatsApp group chat where we can talk about ideas that we might talk about on the show. Patsy, I've noticed that Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and today you're still trying to push white hot gold on this new dining table you have.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we were talking earlier in the week, Was it you Christian about rocky tables in tables?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, it's about fifty percent of this wonky city.
Speaker 3: Talking big rage. Yes, anyway, you've jinxed me because I was sitting at it for the first time last night because I had to Scotch guard the seats, which incidentally are cream fabric, and I don't know if Yeah, I don't know. So first night sitting.
Speaker 5: At it at the laptop, it's rocking left to right.
Speaker 3: Told you, yeah, there's something wrong. It's a brand new table, so our floor must be out.
Speaker 2: So does that mean the floor out or the tables out?
Speaker 5: Table can't be out? It's brand new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't know. I'm told you. In this wonky hos city, all the table at least fifty cafes have wonky tables.
Speaker 5: It's weird.
Speaker 3: So we've got this beautiful new table with a bit of cardboard shoved under it.
Speaker 5: That's a nice feature, isn't it. When you come into the kitchen, I.
Speaker 1: Tell you what, But that's Scotch garden.
Speaker 2: Though. You have done knee chairs, haven't you. Yes, we brought a cream colored couch. No, you can't be trusted with the Two weeks ago we were laughing at a comedy show and the white the red wine spilled onto it. I had to call that helpline. That's yeah, Scott, Yeah, Kent, do you know what it got? I used this stuff that we brought. You always think cards to actually work.
Speaker 1: It worked.
Speaker 2: Really, it's completely gone so much so, you know when you're trying to prove a point. My wife was, oh my god, you can't really trust them with the girls. I thought it was a kid, just you. Oh my god. And the next day I did it on the night and you had to leave it overnight. The next day it completely disappeared. But you know when someone doesn't want to back down. She was looking at it like she was playing snook or something different.
Speaker 6: Angles and find a tinger red here.
Speaker 2: Most angles you can't see anything. But if you.
Speaker 1: Like CSI.
Speaker 2: Because I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's get into this week's the People's Playlist.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the music. Just when somebody make the station chatting.
Speaker 2: Play the People's play Listen Christian calling right now?
Speaker 6: When help Christian big the songs for Friday.
Speaker 2: Show great work, real fun on a Friday. Who needs R and B Friday? You're in control your people People's playlist all right today? Then a whole hour of power songs picked by you. Numbers in the title, numbers in the title give me Call thirteen fifty five twenty two. As always, you only have one crimetera on a Friday, there have to be big songs their weekend of songs. Patsy, what do you think let me guess Prince nineteen ninety nine. Yes, it is actually, but find that always the obvious one, so that on ninety nine red Balloons.
Speaker 5: I did think love balloons.
Speaker 3: But I did think when we picked the topic of this classic fairy tale, this is the first thing that sprung into my mind when we had.
Speaker 5: The topic this week.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not that way.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry me straight one.
Speaker 2: Remember this.
Speaker 5: We're very hid and they had the pin you are you're right this morning ten eleven twelve.
Speaker 2: We could complete this out. Why not because it's an adult station nineteen eleven twelve.
Speaker 3: Heard that in my life on the Sesame Street Black and white tea here its color actually in the seventies.
Speaker 5: No, but if I can have Prince nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: It be very happy.
Speaker 1: This is a great song.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 1: What do you think a song with a number of the title.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've got a song that's two minutes two seconds long. It's got two verses, two choruses. It's the second song on the album and the second single from the album, it's song two.
Speaker 2: Gray song by Blur. Now have an interviewed the bandy Cup of Ties I could turn. They were offered five million dollars by the US Army. They wanted to play this and they did their approval at the unvailing of a new stealth bomber plane fifteen eighteen years ago, and it was a special stealth playe that had some special resin like a special paint, not we could fly undetected by radar. Blur said they were happy with the money and everything like that, but they wanted a tin of the paint on request anyway, Obviously, the US Army said no. They never got to play this, the unfailing of the stealth brilliant song. All right songs with a number in the title, what about Frankie goes to Hollywood back in the eighties, but in anti war anthem Two Tribes.
Speaker 1: Go to War.
Speaker 2: Nine weeks in number one list back in the eighties. In nineteen eighty four huge songs sold in one year alone and people used to buy hard copies of vinyl. The single sold one point nine million copies. That's a really huge videos in creblin as well on a different tip though, what about Yes, I do have a sentimental side. Amazing piano intro as well.
Speaker 5: This was a movie, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: A Nicholas Cage movie where he was an angel or something with Meg Ran It was in.
Speaker 6: White cheeks when they're in the convey the highway.
Speaker 1: That's where I know it from.
Speaker 2: This is a banger. He is having a piano banger. This is it, guys, all right? People's playlist over to you now thirteen fifty five twenty two songs with a number in the title.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell show go On podcast.
Speaker 2: Incredible scenes have happened in tiny tradees. We have four amazing kids taking each other on trying to make an ikea bedside table, inspiring the future generational trades. We had given them an hour because we thought they won't get it done. Now they're kids. You know what it's like, flat pack, I care. It's very hard. However, while of them has done.
Speaker 12: It tied trad sday built it, tied yes Day Tad.
Speaker 2: One of them has done it in twenty minutes.
Speaker 7: It's insane.
Speaker 2: We thought they weren't even doing an hour. Rio you're back out. They're in our trading performance area. So who's who's done this?
Speaker 6: Christian?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 6: Bridgett has not only has she completely finished the bedside table, the girskin, she's packed up, She's put all her you know, leftover screws away, she's tidy up, which you know you.
Speaker 2: Don't like to see from from professional.
Speaker 6: She just put the hammer away. She's she's just politely standing sort of next to her because she's done. She's knocked off of the day. Twenty minutes, done twenty minutes and the others are flying as well. Let me tell you I came in here and it's a hyperactivity. Them almost done.
Speaker 2: You can hear that. You can hear the hammer Santas Workshop. We have a winner.
Speaker 1: So Bridgett is one of two hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Bridget. Now you're just going to pop some headphones on bridget All right, she's got your Christmas.
Speaker 2: One mate, lady amateur, bridget well done, you're the winner.
Speaker 6: Ready to go?
Speaker 2: Hi, thank you, that's what I can't believe. You've done it in twenty minutes. You are really good. So you won two hundred dollars. What are you going to do with your money? Bridget Probably buy a lot of stuff from Tamu two hundred dollars. You could buy Temu. I mean they've got that mega warehouse out in China, whether they're based, you can buy two hundred bucks gets you loads of stuff. What's in Bridget incredible skills? Well done, you're the winner or tiny choy dies. You did it in twenty minutes, Bridget, well done. Enjoy spending your money on TEAMO. Okay, and thanks for coming in so early. I mean you were here at six Hound this morning before anybody else, so you're a deserved winner.
Speaker 1: Well done, Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right this get into this week's People's Playlist.
Speaker 12: And choose in on the music and just when hit eight, somebody pay the station chatting, play.
Speaker 2: The People's playlist.
Speaker 6: Christian calling right now?
Speaker 7: When help?
Speaker 6: Christian Big?
Speaker 7: The song for Friday Show.
Speaker 2: That's right from it. You un control of the music. We give you a theme. You pick all the songs, really big songs. It's the weekend thirteen fifty five, twenty two songs with numbers in the title. A lot of techs coming and asking for this my matchbox twenty sales, three am great songs, what about being a lou baga?
Speaker 1: A little bit of line Mamo number.
Speaker 2: Five, Mama side, a little.
Speaker 7: Bit of red.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Scotland. I'm gonna be five hundred miles.
Speaker 7: One five.
Speaker 2: Sunday, brilliant White Stripes, Devenation Armies, great song. All right, let's say some calls Brett, good morning, welcome to the show. Morning guys.
Speaker 1: How are we We're good, Brett? Have you had a good week? What do we have to play? The song with a number on the title.
Speaker 2: So, my dad used to play these flat out when I was a kid, so it brings back a lot of memories. Is by Chicago and it's called twenty five or six to four. This is a brilliant song. It's got a great horn solo in it. The drum's awesome song, Brett. My dad also a big fan of Chicago. My dad us to blast us a lot as well.
Speaker 8: Beg mad.
Speaker 2: By god.
Speaker 1: This is a great song.
Speaker 2: All right, that's Chicago twenty five or six to four. Daniel, what do you say? What would you love us to play song with a number in the title?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning guys.
Speaker 4: Five artists they've about Brian Adams Summer of sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Percy. I can't believe you didn't I know it was too obvious. It was too obvious obvious, Prince.
Speaker 5: Someone would good choice.
Speaker 2: Daniel, great song. Let's go to Carla, Daniel, thanks for corning. Good morning Carla.
Speaker 10: Hi guys, hell you going lola Shire?
Speaker 2: But thanks Connor. I you have a lovely weekend now, Carlor you're a big thirsty Mark fan.
Speaker 10: Yes, well I haven't heard this much on your radio, so I'm glad I got through twenty good reagents thirsty. What a great song.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you got through as well. Okay, what are you doing? Dj A Hey, listen, you just sot the nesael. Okay, that's probably why you haven't got through before. Thanks came Darren.
Speaker 1: Good morning Darren.
Speaker 2: Dazzer down everyone there?
Speaker 1: How are we all?
Speaker 2: Yeh? We go down and have you had a good week? Now?
Speaker 1: What do you want us to play? Right?
Speaker 2: When I heard you announces this morning, there's only one song that popped into my head and I think it should be on the list for today.
Speaker 1: It is eight six seven five three.
Speaker 2: Oh nine Jenny, you write two times to me two time delve Xi there, Well this has to be and there has to it's got to be. Bilf It's a brilliant song. It's a real Friday vibe to as well. Love this, Yeah, Darren, great song, Kinnicles coming thirteen fifty five, twenty two songs with a number of the title. I'll start playing them from eight this morning, twenty minutes time, Christian Connors Show Podcast Today. There's so many great songs that you're suggesting we're looking for a whole hour of power songs with a number in the title.
Speaker 1: Meet love two or a three? Ain't bad?
Speaker 2: What about one Summer two strong Hearts? We played the loot but every time I love the show.
Speaker 1: Great song.
Speaker 2: Eight days a week. All right, let's take some more calls. Good morning, Camera and welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Ca.
Speaker 2: What do we have to play? I'm very good, thanks for asking and Cam, what do we have to play this morning? I've got ninety nine lost balloons? Oh well, yes, suppose Patsy didn't go for it. I have the great eighties banger?
Speaker 1: Can we might be playing this? Have a great weekend and thanks to call the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lee. Good morning Christian. So are we and you had a great week? Now? What would you love us to play? D the next hour? I reckon it doesn't get played enough, but one by you too. This is a brilliance Songly love us all right, Lee, have a lovely weekend. Thanks Lisa.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Lisa.
Speaker 1: What would you love us to play?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: And what says Frida yea to you?
Speaker 2: Lisa, Well, my song is an oldie, but I love that to hear those funny stories. But when she killed Hitler with her nickers?
Speaker 5: Look at what the.
Speaker 11: Paper don't know this song?
Speaker 10: It's called love Postion number nine.
Speaker 2: Oh yes that my troubles.
Speaker 4: Love it.
Speaker 2: This spells like a song that should have been in a Tarantino movie that in Hollywood. This would have fit right in great songs. Yeah, let them do it, Lisa.
Speaker 1: It is it is, so let them do it. Lisa.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye bye, Lissa, up nor go Melissa. Good morning. The hazards are on. The hazards are on. Hello Melissa, Hi, let's see you there? Yeah, I'm here, gotcha. Let's go my friend live radio. We've got to keep moving, Melissa. What's the song you'd love us to play? I'd love to hear five, six and eight by step Please.
Speaker 1: Really, this is a crime against music.
Speaker 2: They should be serving consecutive life sentences. The hey get out steps. You suck.
Speaker 4: No, not on my watch, Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, well done, all tiny twenties. They were so cute, what great kids. They were just lovely, lovely kids. They were just in a studio just now seeing all the equipment and the gear and how it all works. They were just so such polite young kids.
Speaker 6: They were lovely and so talented. They flew through it.
Speaker 2: They flew through way more than they well Kitlin did yesterday. She's struggling and they did it. I can't believe the winter Bridge did it in twenty minutes. But like your bedside table, all right, then coming up till the next twenty minutes before we get into the time wastter on thirteen fifty five, twenty two. We fell into this yesterday, and basically I'm looking for stories about what did your brother or sister au to do? Kicking off an amazing email from Neil Christian. We grew up in a Catholic household and I'm the youngest of three boys. Catholic household where Sunday Mass was non negotiable. Same in my house when we kids, as teenagers were allowed to attend a different service to Mom and dad. We who went to the ten thirty am on a Sunday, my brother Sean and I opt to for the six pm shorter, less formal. Mum, warm but suspicious as any mum of three boys would be, would quiz us.
Speaker 1: On the sermon.
Speaker 2: She'd heard it earlier at the ten thirty Sunday morning mass, so knew if we were bluffing. Eventually, my older brother Sean started paying me a Mars bar each week to actually listen and relay the key messages to him. I love this, he said his assistant, go and get notes, which he then convincingly passed off to mum. At seventeen, he'd usually hit the pubs with his mates before church. So that's his story from another time. One week, fed up with him being such a pain, I made up a sermon about bicycle thieves being down to hell by the priest for stealing God's gift of transport. Watching my brother Sean retail it with confidence A mum's reaction was priceling. Sadly, it all came undermb and I lost the miles bars. Still worth it, that now brilliant story, very well told, Thank you very much. So what did your brother or sister pay you to do?
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, What did.
Speaker 2: Your brother or sister pay you to do? Thirteen fifty five twenty two? What was it for you?
Speaker 1: Pats?
Speaker 3: It was a Crisp one dollar note when they were the brown wond dollar notes, and my oldest brother got me to clean his kingswood on the outside and as a bonus, if i armorled the inside, I'd get a bonus forcy you know, so I'd had like two Crisp notes, all so rich.
Speaker 2: When you were kid one dollar notes world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'd jump on my bike go to the look bar down on the.
Speaker 3: Corner and I'd get a massive, big brown bag of mixed lollies and it would take for ever.
Speaker 2: Didn't you just live in your best life? Then? Yeah? You had that and someone gave you actual money for something you did. You were just like you thought you were like rich.
Speaker 6: Well that's what I've just done to these tiny training a.
Speaker 1: Lot of stuff on.
Speaker 10: Ria.
Speaker 1: What did you What did you get paid to do? By brother sister?
Speaker 6: My middle sister Alex, who's a fair bit older than me, she would pay me to once she did the folding to run it round to the different rooms of the house. But she was like a young Bernie Madoff because she would run should run me these IOUs on a piece of paper. I A you a dollar? I you two dollars.
Speaker 2: That's sneaky.
Speaker 5: I never paid paid Alex.
Speaker 6: Yes, very sneaky.
Speaker 2: Sneaky. Let's get a Craig here. Good morning Craig.
Speaker 10: My sister used to pay me when I was younger to clean her room. She'd deliberately make sure it was very messy, and they'd say to me, by the end of the weekend, it's time to be paid. I get that magic one dollar and Dan and macazide go. You get three cheese bervious sport fries and it drinks for two bucks.
Speaker 1: Is that crazy?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What would you be lucky to get mc coffee or something?
Speaker 10: No change?
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, great, col Thank you very much, car and have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Next week on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Big anniversary for us on the show and you guys as well, because without any of you listen to show, may be telling your friends about it. There is no me here and my kids having their life here and now In Australia, the show turned seven next Wednesday. And I would love there's nothing about when you see someone's handwriting these days, it's text, it's emojis, There's all something really beautiful about handwriting. I'd love, generally would to open some birthday cars on Wednesday. Show you know when we needed to get Christmas guys, just that string strings it. Yes, that's what we need in the studio. So if you'd love to send us a birthday card, let us know how long you've been listening to show in a bit about yourself. You send it to me, you know it goes got to find a postpont gotta find Have you got any stamps in the house? Are they in that draw with the foreign currency? Old school?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And our address is level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street, Richmond, three one two one, or simply look it up on Google.
Speaker 2: I think, actually, if we just put Christian GOLDFM Melbourne, do you think it will get here?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I reckon it would know I think it would. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think if you just put Christian Gold FM Melbourne it would find its way or would it take longer than next Wednesday? Longer?
Speaker 6: Take a bit long? I would say, put the proper address on if you can quicker.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's happening on Wednesday show is this.
Speaker 12: Seven years old Christian.
Speaker 2: Show Wow, high production, I love it, Celebration, Peez got seven, it's you now. On the early sponsorho's got involved in the show before anybody else was Rob and the team at Ines, which will always be very grateful for and over the last seven years we've done so many various crazy things given away, washing machines, the golden washing machines, the gold of Pons, the Gold of Thons, all thanks to Rob and it's been in a team at ins. Rob wants to give us birthday presents, seven amazing items that will be given away next Wednesday.
Speaker 1: On the show. Partis Katelyn. What is it we're given away?
Speaker 9: Okay, So I'll kick off with number one. We've got a Bosh nine kilo front load washing machine rated four point nine stars.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you're welcome Nature.
Speaker 9: A Bosh eight kilo heat pump dryer. Now, I actually have one of these and they are incredible.
Speaker 2: Are we going to give away all this stuff on Wednesday Show?
Speaker 9: By the way, trust me, people will want this. I'll just be calling constantly.
Speaker 2: Can I have that.
Speaker 3: Can I have this?
Speaker 7: Can I have that?
Speaker 9: If it were me, I would want the Bosh induction cook top. Yes, it is four point nine star rating and it's faster cookie and reduces energy consumption.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't want that in their life? Okay? Three down, four to go. These are all going to be won by you on Wednesday's seventh birthday of the show.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 9: The fourth one is the Bosh sixty centimeters Series two electric built in oven.
Speaker 2: The first one was great with the TV show second season when the characters really evolved. Yep.
Speaker 9: And then the fifth is the Bosch Series six stainless steel free standing dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Six seasons when it really kicks off.
Speaker 9: To go, the Bosch Series four six hundred and five liter stainless steel quad door fridge.
Speaker 2: What think, Yeah, well for big families, that's needed. Yes, lots of space door four doors, four doors, you've got the two big double doors. You only have that one big draw that were the frozen stuff.
Speaker 9: I think there's a double underneath for the frozen I've got.
Speaker 2: Okay, you do smaller frozen stuff like your chock ices and stuff like that. Maybe a magnum. I'm a nice almond magnum. Why not, it's the weekend.
Speaker 9: They actually have said lots of sid for extra extra large goods with the big box freezer fruit feezer.
Speaker 2: Your food didn't put it all in? Can't you get frozen tongue? There?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 9: And last, but not least, is it the Bosh unlimited seven white rechargeable vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 2: Retardable, rechargeable chargeable?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Something else? Okay, it's the rechargeable What is it va?
Speaker 6: It's not single years.
Speaker 2: You can reach again? You do? You get under the table and then you can keep using it, right, get under the chess.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and people, you know, you can email in now and tell us which one you want.
Speaker 2: The weekend wait until Wednesday.
Speaker 5: But they do have to say happy birthday.
Speaker 2: If they do, they send the cut. In fact, you know what we're going to do now you're going to send me because at first you're like, we botherguld paint? How much has its Stanley's days? Is he really worth it? The show's free?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Oh no, you ain't getting jack unless you send me a card, Cards win prizes, Cards win prizes.
Speaker 6: Cards win prizes.
Speaker 2: That address once more is twenty one to thirty one goodward Street in the People's Republic of Richmond. The postcode is three one two one. I said, all right, I thought it was three one. Oh no, it's my home addressents I kick that out. Don't be sending you three to one two one.
Speaker 1: You've got it.
Speaker 2: My friends, cards, win prizes, cards where you get it, you get it, you get it.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show Gone podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for the last time. Waste all the week your chance for you and three mates got a Gold Class a group pass thanks to Village Cinemas Gold Class. Go and see this weekend Mission Impossible, the Final Reckoning this weekend at Village Cinema's Gold Cast Time Day.
Speaker 1: Then we're looking for.
Speaker 2: Your nervous movies. Oh nervous movie. I'll tell you he was a very nervous at the moment? Is John tick.
Speaker 1: Kat's was a great movie?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: It wasn't. Take Her with the Big Cats was a terrible movie. Yes, what about the the sequel, Scaredy Cats? Silver? Muriel's not looking forward to getting married, that's right, Muriel's dreading God. Is he the right guy?
Speaker 6: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Gold Wizard of O mgeez, what it's a Wizard of Oh my frost jumpy whoa all right, Tarrio? What have you got then? Nervous movies?
Speaker 6: Did you actually know Samuel L. Jackson has a terrible fear of flying?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 6: It shakes on a plane.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's like Prince and ninety nine. So it coming a mile away. Bronze minus a billion, No bosh air pump.
Speaker 1: View Edward clammy Hands.
Speaker 2: Edward clammy Hands is better silver Leonard Leather. Yeah, touch of the old jack post.
Speaker 1: There pressure got.
Speaker 2: To he stutter island. Oh well, you were living it out.
Speaker 6: I was just stuttering.
Speaker 7: Well, we believed you.
Speaker 1: That was very good.
Speaker 6: Gold plus and zanatsid getting a bit nervous.
Speaker 2: Zan accident is very good at too in zan accident cards win prizes. I can't make any clearer. Get down that post office this weekend.
Speaker 7: The Christian o'connall show podcast, Send.
Speaker 2: Me a car, All right, today's time waste. We're looking for your nervous movies. Rea, what on earth are we giving them?
Speaker 6: You're getting four tickets to gold class village cinemas.
Speaker 2: Well we okay, nervous music music, nervous movies weekend.
Speaker 1: Benzodiazepine.
Speaker 2: That's high level gold.
Speaker 1: So he spelled that correctly as well.
Speaker 2: Well done sweat Patch, Troy, well done driving Miss Daisy carefully.
Speaker 8: Bronze not Paul Paul Shart, Christian, come on Webb, grow up man.
Speaker 2: Not only even the Big seventh.
Speaker 1: Leilo and Twitchy very good.
Speaker 2: Curious case of clenching my butthole. No not come on, andrewd North just clean fun Pupenheimer, Nathan dr oh no, doctor, no, but oh no, that is on James Dennis aspect to fidget me myself and I p Silver. That's a big spider man. That's genius.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 2: Alex, well done, my cousin, Jittery Silver. Not great expectations, but great palpitations. Could you palputation? Yeah, I'm tony with an eye. Fill your pants, fail your pants remix fail your pants. Raiders of the Lost skid Marks guys got on a Friday. We speaking of children there.
Speaker 1: Scaredy face, Silver and Wallace and vomit all right.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: As we end this week and we head to next week, we say good luck and have a great trip to Europe. To producer Kate, it was her birtha. This week we're going to missa you on the next week. She's off to Europe. Caitlein pop in. I have a gift. I still remember. I think I've got some euros left over from my trip. When I meant some euros, it's five euros that will get you with the exchange. Right right now, a good coffee. You're heading to Itsy. You go Trevy Fountain. You have a coffee on meat. Have an amazing time, my friend. I'm going to miss you. Have a great time, all right. Next week's show today.
Speaker 12: Seven years old Christian Show.
Speaker 1: It's a so lo praation.
Speaker 12: Peez god seven this.
Speaker 2: We have seven amazing mosh prizes you thanks to Robin the team at Ian S.
Speaker 1: How do you win them?
Speaker 2: One way? Get your ass down the post box this weekend. You write a nice little handwritten card to me and then Christian the World's Favorite DJ, will give you seven prizes. Next Wednesday, rio the dress to give me a card because cards win prizes on Wednesday show That.
Speaker 6: Address is level two twenty one to thirty one.
Speaker 2: What other dress we've got, by the way, Yeah, he should be like the Tower of put the Tower of Power. The Town Old FM, Goodwood Street, Richmond.
Speaker 6: Twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street
Speaker 4: Bye Bye, Christian O Connell Show Podcast two,