Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torba and coming up on today's show, Laura Byrne and Maddie Jay's big announcement. Fans set to pay over nine thousand dollars for Tammy Hambro's Greek retreat, how She Binds surgery update, and our highs and lows of the week. But first we need to unpack the mystery of the mikinof suitcase name. You've got me intrigued. What has gone on? So UK influencer Anastasia kings North shouted around ten of her best friends a week in a stunning villa in Mikinos, and she vlogged the whole experience and they spent a number of nights drinking on the town. Now, if you fast forward to the second to last day of their trip, Anna opened her suitcase to discover that someone had been sick in it.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's what she.
Speaker 3: Said, got a mystery on our hands, guys, My suitcase has been done up this whole entire trip. Right, we have just opened it. There's sick in my suitcase and the full insert with my knickers has been ripped out and is gone. We have literally not opened the suitcase the whole entire trip, and we can't find the insert anywhere. And the second, I've never been more confused.
Speaker 1: When I heard this. I was so confused because I was like, why hasn't she opened her suitcase, which contains all of her clothes and underwear for the whole trip. But she did provide some context when she got back home, so she explained that when she packed her suitcase initially there was a little insert and it was where she put all of her bikinis and underwear, and when she arrived at the villa, she unpacked her suitcase but left a couple of pairs of her underwear in there because she had overpacked. I love that this is so surprising to someone actually unpacking their suitcase.
Speaker 2: Why not something you do? No, who can be bothered?
Speaker 1: Now? She did end up putting her suitcase to the corner of the room, and she didn't touch it for the entire trip until the second last day, when she opened it up while strunk and clocked that someone had vomited in there and that her underpants were gone. Sorry, so she opens it and there's just vomit and no one dis Yeah, it looked like someone had got a pair of scissors and cut out this insert to get the underpants out. She was running late for a day trip, so she left her bag like that for twenty four hours and thought, I'll deal with it when I got back home.
Speaker 2: Smell it would have reagd well.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, she showed video of this suitcase and there were a ton of clothes in there, She had her curling wand in there. All of it would have that smell attached to it.
Speaker 2: It would have been disgusting.
Speaker 1: Now. That night, when she finally got back from the day trip, she asked her friends.
Speaker 2: If they had anything to do with it. Here's what she said.
Speaker 4: And I asked everybody in the house multiple times if it was them, and everybody has told me it's not. So I genuinely have no idea what has happened to my suitcase. Somebody came up with a theory that we got broken into because on one of the nights we came back and when the doors was wide open, so everybody was like panickin checking their stuff straight away, like oh my god, anything on nothing had gone, which was the really weird thing, so everyone kind of kept with the theory of like, did they come in and they went to like open my suitcase to take a load of things, and then because they were drunk, they were sick, panicked, cut it out, dispose of the piece, put the suitcase.
Speaker 2: Back and laugh.
Speaker 1: This was the best bit of the vlog, because why would someone break into your villa, not bother taking the expensive logging equipment that was there, or the laptops or your jewelry, but stumble across a case, cut out some undies and then vomit in it. Like it makes no sense. I'm the detective, but it's pretty obvious that this was one of her friends who was vomited in the suitcase and not had the nerve to tell her yeah, especially considering she's just shouted them an all expenses paid trip, Like you're hardly going to say, oh, yeah, that was me who ruined all of your stuff by vomiting over it. I think they've got thrown over the underpants being stolen, and they're reading too much into that, like they think some kind of creep has gone in stolen these underpants. But I think one of the friends has just gotten drunk, cut them out and throwing them off the balcony. Well, they were talking about what a huge piss up this weekend was and that people were absolutely obliterated. So perhaps one of her friends can't actually remember doing it, but it is so clear it's one of the friends. But the friends seemed to be trying to point fingers at other people, so they said that maybe it was the pool guy there, or the superintendent of the villa, or the cleaners. So they made the staff at the villa check through security cameras and they said that they couldn't see anyone entering the villa, so that also squashes the chances that it was a robber who went there. So well, Anatatia even asked her audience on YouTube like, what do you guys think? Writ in the comments below? And I loved so much reading some of these comments. So someone wrote, I would be fuming if I paid extra to book my mates a holiday for one of them to be sick in my suitcase and cut it up. What a joke, someone else wrote, But surely no money or belongings were taking, just vomit and a cut up suitcase. Someone's lying at her. Another person wrote, she really has some sh friends. To be honest, maybe this is all a rage baiting technique to get people to comment and engage with the video because it is so obvious that this is one of her friends. It's going to be really, really good. Tammy Hembro has celebrated her one year anniversary with her fiance Matt Zakowski and hasn't so much happened in a year? Yeah, because just four months into their relationship they got engaged in the Maldives. Then there was that scandal after the Grand Prix where Matt got caught out dming a random girl. We then had the wedding in Vine League, and now we are just three months out from their nuptials. I am so excited. I want to thank them for providing the goods. There's been so much to talk about this year with Tammy and Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there really has been.
Speaker 1: And to mark the occasion, Tammy shared a series of photos of the couple hugging and she wrote year one of and did the affinity emoji. She also included a photo of the presence Matt got her and so if you'll be pleased to hear that he has now upgraded from the service station flowers. Yeah, I saw he bought her a really stunning bunch from a florist. I wonder if he's listened to this podcast. There is no shame with the servo station flower. I just think it's the thought.
Speaker 2: That counts exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, Dale got me Audi flowers the other day and he said, sorry, these are Audi, but I thought of you. Yeah. It's better than nothing. It's definitely a step in the right direction.
Speaker 2: I really like that.
Speaker 1: Matt went to the effort of giving Tammy a keepsake gift, so he collected all of the corks from the champagne bottles that they had consumed together, and on each of the corks he wrote down exactly where they were or what they were doing when they had had the champagne. Yeah, And on the lid of the huge jar that these corks were in, Matt wrote dear Tammy, happy one year to you always and forever, and.
Speaker 2: Wrote the date.
Speaker 1: But what was a bit weird is that the date is actually in a couple of weeks time, so they are celebrating this one year anniversary early.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure why.
Speaker 1: Tammy shared a photo of her holding some of the corks, and I spied that a few of them were from the maur Dives and also their trip to Port Lincoln, so I love that South Australia got a bit of a shout out there. I wonder if any of these corks were from the Grand Prix because they seemed to have quite a large night that night. Matt seemed to and he said he was popping a lot of bottles of champagne. But I get the feeling they don't want to remember that night. Yeah, they were probably left out. I always wonder with these keepsake gifts for someone like Tammy, would she really want a jar of corks up in her aesthetically pleasing house. I think that she would love it. It's always very cute when your partner does something sentimental. I remember growing up we had a few jars of corks as decorations. Maybe this is a nineties thing that is coming back in fashion. In the photo that Tammy shared where she was holding the corks, it was quite unfortunate because her leg was positioned in this way where it was a bit of an optical illusion, so you could only see her body, and it looked like she had this pregnant belly when it was just her knee, and it did lead to a couple of people riding in saying, oh my god, are you actually pregnant?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: I feel so bad for them having to cop the comments because Matt has been really open talking about the fact he's actually infertile. Yeah, and the couple have said that they want to investigate all of their options once they're married, so it's not something they probably particularly want to talk about right before their wedding. Now, there was also something else that people noticed in this photo dump, and it was that Matt's nose appeared to be blurred in one of the photos. It almost looked like you didn't have a nose. Yeah. Well, in the photo he is kissing Tammy's forehead, and I think what's happened here is that she was blurring maybe a blemish on her face, and she's accidentally gone into his nose.
Speaker 2: And being a.
Speaker 1: Typical girl, usually your only look if you look okay in the photo and you're like, oh, yeah, that looks great, but not realizing too your partner's nose has disappeared. It looks like they celebrated with a really fancy dinner. So Tammy posted photos of herself in a plunging black gown, and she is just a few weeks out from her breast revision surgery, and her boobs were getting a lot of attention. In the comments section, follower wrote, you should be in your post op bra girl, whilst another said the girls are girling. Matt added hottest woman alive and she is mine. I'm going to put it out there. I quite like Tammy and Matt. Now they've had a few bumps in the road, but the more I see of them on TikTok, the more obvious it is that they have a real chemistry together. I've never seen Tammy look so happy, and they do look really good together. It's kind of like Barbie and Ken are getting married. And also, I always really liked Matt on his podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, they's been funny.
Speaker 1: It's been a few incidents like the Grand Prix that have put a few question marks of his behavior, but I can forgive it because I am just desperate to see this woman get married. We've had a few false starts. I want to see what her wedding is going to be like, I want to see the.
Speaker 2: Dresses that she choose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, she's going to be very busy in the lead up to the big day because a month out from the wedding, she's holding a retreat in Greece and this is in conjunction with the release of her book, so to refresh your memories. Tammy released a book a few months ago which was a biography which also included a mix of motivational content. And the retreat is called Show Up and it's being held in Greece between the twenty first and twenty seventh of October. Yeah, and it's being touted as this intimate and exclusive event where pretty much you're going to hang out with Tammy Hembro as if she's a friend. And there's only nineteen spots available. So on the website it says you were invited to live a week accompanied by Tammy Hembro in Greece for a transformative experience. Here's how Tammy described the event. It's going to be really, really good and I'm excited to get to know personally like each and every one of the.
Speaker 2: People that are going to be on this trip. I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: Now, this six day retreat is not cheap, so the accommodation is included in the price, but the flights are not, so you have to pay to get yourself there. On top of this, Now, in the ticket for this retreat, it includes workshops with Tammy, daily brunches and dinners, transport, a couple of extra experiences, and goodie bags which I'm sure are sponsored. Now, there are two different packages, so you can either select your own private room or you can have a shared room where you'll be put in with a random. So how much is a ticket? Well, so if you are open to sharing with a random it is eighty two hundred and thirty eight dollars, and if you want your own private suite, it's nine eight hundred and eighty five. Surely to share with Tammy for eight grand, No, I don't think she'd be staying within the vicinity of this villa. I was super curious, so I did a reverse image search of the villas that Tammy shared on her website, and they're a collection of three villas. So one of the villas holds ten people and the other two hold six people. So the villa that holds ten people costs you one hundred and thirty dollars a night per person, which I thought was quite reasonable. So that works out to nine hundred and sixteen dollars for you to stay there a week. Now, the other villa that holds six people is a one hundred and seventy two dollars a night per person, working out to around one thousand and two hundred and four dollars. See, you're basically paying eight thousand dollars on top of that for the Tammy experience and pretty much and doing the math further, so the accommodation in total is costing Tammy and her team twenty three thousand, six hundred and eighty one dollars. Yet the nineteen tickets for their total retreat work out to be one hundred and seventy one thousand, three hundred and fifty five. So if we take away the money for accommodation, that's leaving her and her team around one hundred and forty seven thousand, six hundred and seventy four dollars. Now, obviously some of that money does go into activities and the logistics, but still that is a fair chunk of money for a seven day retreat where you're basically living it up in Greece and hanging out with a bunch of people doing breath work. Yeah, how much of that do you think Tammy's being paid? Well, she is running the retreat through a travel and media company which is called aw Adventurer, and she's done retreats before in Baral, So I'm not exactly sure how this agreement works, if the tour company just takes a percentage or if Tammy takes a percentage. It's intrigued to see how much of this trip Tammy was actually involved in. So I had to look at the itinery and on day one it says that Tammy will do a meet and greet with the guests. Then on day two she has a question and answer session, and on day three she will hold a workshop on affirmations. Then most of the days follow a similar formula, where the morning starts with a workout, followed by meditation, journaling, and brunch. Then there is a daytime activity like hiking, swimming, massages or yoga. There's also a sailing boat trip, but it's not clear if Tammy is actually going to be on the trip. There was a photo of her on a boat in the Greek Islands with her kids on the website, but I have a feeling Tammy won't be there. I think she's only going to shop for these three spots. Yeah. Well. The wording is also interesting on the website because it keeps saying with guidance by Tammy hembro or accompanied by a Tammy, And I think that they're subtly trying to drop Look, she's going to pop in and out, but she's not going to be here the whole time, if that's what you're expecting. Is there anyone you'd actually pay eight thousand dollars to go on and retreat with, because the only person I can think of is Taylor Swift. Yeah, well, I paid twelve hundred dollars for a ticket, so I think that i'd pay eight thousand dollars to have a couple of workshops with her. I wonder if madd and the kids are going to fly over and they'll treat this as a bit of a holiday, because surely you're not going to fly all of that way to Greece just to be there for six days and fly home as this is a month out from their wedding. I wonder for actually going to see a euro wedding, because when their invite was leaked, Tammy came out and said we've had to change our plans, kind of referring maybe they weren't going to hold it in Byron Bay anymore. So, I mean potentially they could do some private nuptials over there. I don't think so. I think this wedding is still going to be in Australia. I mean we saw Tammy taste testing the food at the caterers in the Gold Coast the other day, so I don't think they're going to suddenly move everything over to Europe.
Speaker 2: They're fresh in rolled enough.
Speaker 1: The logies Laura Byrne and Maddie j have revealed they purchased a holiday home on the south coast of New South Wales. When making the joint announcement, they described it as a dilapidated old house, saying it is a little glasshouse on the seaside, filled with stories and a history that has been left locked up and empty for the past two years. I always find it interesting when influencers make announcements about property.
Speaker 2: Because if you're in the public.
Speaker 1: Eye, you almost have to do the opposite of what real estate agents do. So whilst agents will always talk up a house and say what prime real estate it is, influencers will often have to downplay it and try to not make people jealous, and they still also want to appear to be one of the people, and it's this weird juggling act that you see them having to do. Well. The description didn't really match the photos because the view from this house is insane. There was a photo of Maddy j sitting on the couch and behind him is a huge window, and this house is right on the beachfront. Oh, it looks beautiful now. There is a bit of salt damage on the exterior of the house, and Laura showed that their carpets have mold on them, and there's a.
Speaker 2: Very old looking kitchen. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't necessarily describe it as dilapidated. We haven't been there, so we don't know the full extent of it. But it's all location. Location is oh exactly now. I do want to say thank you to so Dramatic because they have done the heavy lifting on this one. They reported that the holiday home set the couple back two.
Speaker 2: Point one point nine million dollars.
Speaker 1: Now. The property spans seven hundred and forty six square meters and has three bedrooms, two bathrooms are study and our Fresco area now. The couple also made headlines last year when they purchased their five point two million dollar home in North BONDI I think some people were shocked to hear that Maddie Jay and Laura actually have so much money. But I personally wasn't surprised because Laura Burn works incredibly hard. She's got a job on radio, he does have highly successful podcasts, She's got her own business. Maddie Jay's just released a book, he has his own podcast, He's got his finger and a lot of pies doing influencer work. It's not shocking that they have this type of money.
Speaker 2: To drop it.
Speaker 1: I think people were shocked because their brand is built on relatability. They don't often brag about their possessions, or they don't show much of their house off. It will only just be in the background of whatever they're filming. Yeah, so I think that that's what led to some people being surprised. But I think overall people were quite happy for them. Yeah, because they do come across as such a lovely, wholesome Aussie couple. I think people were happy to see them succeed, and I also think because they were careful about the way that they broke the news, because some other influencers like Karina Irby will be like, oh, yeah, I just bought this, didn't put much thought behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever, no big deal.
Speaker 1: But they were very calculated in what they wrote, So they outlined that it's a very sentimental place for them because it's not calculated, more thoughtful in the way that they actually told their audience about it. Yeah, because they said, this is a sentimental place for us. We got married here, were so excited for our.
Speaker 2: Children to experience it.
Speaker 1: Well, they actually seem to be appreciative of them. Yeah, And they were probably worried how followers would respond because we've seen Sarah's de coop a lot of criticism over her second home that she's purchased. And there is this trend where as you mentioned at the start of this segment, so where women have to sort of play down their achievements. And it's funny because if this was Mitch third, for example, and he had bought this house, he would have been raving about it, saying what a great guy was and that this is how much it costs. I still think people would think he was a toss bag for doing that, though, Like, I don't think that that would have been well received, but there's definitely a different way that men and women share online.
Speaker 2: About jan chievements.
Speaker 1: Well, there were a couple of questions in the comment section around whether Maddie Jay and Laura will be keeping both properties. So a follower wrote, does this mean you'll be selling your North bond Thy house because we don't need any more landlords or people pricing locals out of their own area now. Laura responded saying this house is completely uninhabitable currently and it has been sitting empty for two and a half years. Eventually, yes, we will live here, which I found very interesting because I wonder what it means for their careers. Because the location of this new house is about three hours out of the CBD. We are constantly seeing Maddie Jay popping up on different TV shows. Laura has her radio station where she has to go into an office to record. So Laura has her own radio show where she has to go into a studio to record. Is this because Britt Hockley is eventually planning or moving overseas and they've got to do things remotely? Am I reading too much in it's a pretty big call. We'll have to wait and see what happens there. But I think it's more so saying, oh, eventually we will live there. Maybe they'll live part time there and part time in North BONDI God, I'd.
Speaker 2: Moved there for the view now.
Speaker 1: In this announcement, they also revealed that they are going to be launching a renovations page. Sure. I was very excited to see this because I'm always looking for inspiration. So they wrote, we don't know what we are doing or what this house will become, but if you want to follow along the chaos while we restore this old beauty, honor its joyous little quirks, and resist the millennial urge to paint everything white, you can follow us here. I think paint everything white, that's millennial of me. But as soon as Dale and I moved into our house, gosh, the paint brushes were out and we were painting everything. Well. They shared their Pinterest board last night, and I was quite surprised to see the bright colors that they're already going for. So Maddie Jay wanted to paint the bathroom this really bright blue color with a pink tile. Oh, I don't know how I feel about that.
Speaker 2: Well, at least it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 1: Now in the space of just a couple of days, this account now has over sixty three thousand followers, So I'm really interested to see how many sponsors jump on, because it's a great opportunity to promote your product, Like, are we going to see them with a Bunning sponsorship or Miny Town? Yeah, because Laura and Matt are well known for making really funny content as well, and I can just see Matt getting around. The Reno content is kind of like the social media version of the block, is it? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fitness influencer Ashi Biens has received devastating news following her planned brain surgery. Now back in March, she was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm after experiencing sudden loss of vision, and it has been a really frustrating wait for Ashi because she was locked in for surgery in July before it then got pushed back to August, so it's been a real waiting game for her, and she has been documenting the process on her Instagram and TikTok, and straight after she came out of surgery, she revealed that the surgeons were able to remove the aneurism, but they discovered that there was a second aneurism that they weren't able to remove in the process, so she will have to have another surgery before the end of the year. Well, that is just awful, and Ash said, I can't count how many times I've cried because I'm absolutely devastated. But I just have to be strong and know that I can do hard things get through this. I'm so grateful that they found both of these aneurysms and that I can get surgery, because they obviously can be fatal, and the recovery process has been much more difficult than she anticipated. She said that after her surgery, she was awake for nearly twenty eight hours straight, which would be horrendous. She's also now on blood thinners for the next twelve months and explained that it's incredibly dangerous if she misses a day because it could lead to a stroke, but she said because she's in such a good routine of taking her supplements, hopefully this won't be an issue for her. Let's get into our highs and lows of the week. I'm going to kick it off with my high and I'm giving my husband Brownie points. So he surprised me yesterday with a pair of new running shoes because we have been saying that we've been seeing everyone getting into run club, but we want to do our own little run club together with our dogs.
Speaker 2: So my current sand shoes were full of.
Speaker 1: Holes, like they would just discuss they archie or no, just I have them for so long they got so dirty. I've been wearing them when I've been doing renovation looks. I don't want to call you out, but I am looking at the new shoes. They are very cool, but you are rocking a very ugly ankle sock. And what's hilarious is recently, because we've been filming the podcast a lot, there have been times where I've taken like a steal photo of you or like videoed you wide showing your shoes, and you will have one no show sock and one ankle sock and it is very so it's very shameful.
Speaker 2: I don't know where all my socks go.
Speaker 1: This is what happens to me. I bought a couple of the cool crew socks and I've just.
Speaker 2: Fucking disappeared in my house.
Speaker 1: I think this is part of having a dog like I don't know where he stores these socks. I think it's because female socks are so small, like there are to actually keep a track of sometimes, like they don't all get in the washing shit. Anyway, I am not very good at that. Now. My love of the week is that I have never felt so old in my life until I entered Glassons. Like I don't regularly shop there, but I really wanted one of their linen shirts. I have been looking for a blue and white striped linen shirt. Well, I was with you, and you've never looked so uncomfortable because you got ushered into this change room and they actually I didn't even know they did this. They write the name like your name on the door, and the girl who was serving you looked like one of Millie Fours from TikTok's characters. Yeah, I had no idea. When she's like, what's your name, and I'm like why, I want to give her a fake name so they can be like and Sophie, babe, how's it going in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did not want to come out, because you know, usually you want to go. I want to show you guys, because I was trying on a few pairs of jeans.
Speaker 2: Which were a disaster as well.
Speaker 1: I ended up buying the shirt, and they do have a couple of cute things in there. I just wish they didn't have jewelry or shirts with nineteen eighty nine written on there, because that is my year of birth and growing up. You'd always see those shirts and it would almost be ironic because it's like, yeah, that was a long time ago. I kind of like it though. It just reminds me of Taylor Swift's album ninety eighty nine. Look, my low of the week was being sick, Like I'm actually a lot better now. My high is I've been influenced by Molly ma so I think it was two weeks ago now. She shared a photo of a coloring book and some textures, And when I was in office works today purchasing a USD card for our machine that keeps fucking up, I found some beautiful textures and a coloring book involving cats and dogs, and I'm getting so excited to actually color in the pages tonight. I think it I need a bit of a relaxation for how much were the texts, because I want to go get some Oh, I think look, I arms and armed about getting them. There's about sixty colored textures. I think they were thirty five bucks and the coloring book was five dollars. I keep seeing TikTok videos where it's like really satisfying to watch people coloring with those texts. Yeah, well, I think we should be allowed to have two loads of the week because I know you told me not to touch on this, but I have to get it out there. This is the second time that we are also recording this episode. Oh it's been insane. You rang me, and this time I was in the shower, not on the toilet, in the shower, and you rang me to say, actually, day's episode is gone as well, and it was a different problem this time.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the microphone.
Speaker 1: I spend so much money on a new device and have so many fucking.
Speaker 2: Problems each episode.
Speaker 1: So we have had to re record each episode twice, so we put out three episodes. We've done six recordings this week and it's only Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm exhausted for it. I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: But second time, actually I thought that the previous one was Anyway, I digress, but that is all we have time for. Hopefully, you do hear from us on Thursday and this has worked. Yes, we have definitely gone and purchased some new SD cards, We've got new chords. I mean, we've got everything. So if it doesn't work, I don't know what we're gonna do. But thank you for listening. If you did enjoy it, could you please leave us a five star review?
Speaker 2: I feel like we.
Speaker 1: Deserved stews after recording assistance. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Gana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present, and don't forget to follow Outspoken on Instagram and also on TikTok at Outspoken Underscore the Underscore podcast. You can also follow Sophie k and I on Instagram.