Speaker 1: A Christian O'Connell show podcast. We're trying and pick a song that sums up the story of our weekend. Patsy, how is it for you? Big weekend for your family?
Speaker 2: We had a massive weekend. We had Audrey's tenth birthday party, my little girl, and we went out for pizza with about fifteen screaming girls. They just they've only got one way to speak, and that is to speak very high.
Speaker 1: Pitched screeching parts.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, beetle Mania and the women in the crowd.
Speaker 1: That you can understand because they're getting something about the Beatles, one of the greatest fans of all time.
Speaker 3: Pizza.
Speaker 1: I am pretty good screech.
Speaker 4: Especially if it's like a pizza huddle, one of those self served dessert bars or you can eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like lore the flies there.
Speaker 3: It was just an uto hysteria.
Speaker 2: And the venue we were in it was a great venue, but it's you know, all these trendy polished floors, so I think was absorbing the noise. But somehow they all knew what each of them was saying. I swear there were fifteen different conversations what.
Speaker 1: About the mess on the floor as well, that's what I always feel about. They just how is that like crust? Are you just eating this the mad king and then hurling it on the floor, on the floor, the drinks get spelled. It's sort of sort of swinging at the table.
Speaker 2: I had about three spillages. I had to get the mop at one point, and.
Speaker 1: They don't go, oh sorry, They just carry on talking.
Speaker 3: And the noise.
Speaker 2: I tell you how bad the noise was. It was so bad. My poor dad, who's nearly eighty, has hearing aids in both his years. He had to take them out and put them back in the.
Speaker 1: Box his ear drumps.
Speaker 2: I couldn't handle it anyway. But then it just went to a whole new level. They were having a bit of a disco and Chris, my husband.
Speaker 1: Was disorganized by you guys, or did they just start having to discover the pizza? Are just going out for a date with someone. There's fifteen kids, nine ten year olds, just having a disco.
Speaker 2: And Chris thought he'd show them how to do the running Man because he likes to, you know, be a cool dad.
Speaker 3: And that was fine.
Speaker 1: On the crest, Dad's got moved, that's got moved. The floor clear the floor, clear through the table, get the garlic right off the table. What did he do?
Speaker 2: Did you kicked poor Alise in the shin one of the little girls. She was okay doing the Running Man?
Speaker 3: She's okay.
Speaker 2: I have to say she's okay.
Speaker 3: She just laughed it off. But it didn't look very good to.
Speaker 1: Find line between laughter and crying with a young chart anyway.
Speaker 2: Then they wanted him to do some break dancing and he said, I can't spin on my back anymore. Nether spin on your back.
Speaker 1: Great days are over. This is what my wife would do that The always have to bring you down in front of it. Still back.
Speaker 2: On the dance floor on Saturday.
Speaker 3: It was a mess.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you film it? The image of Chris doing the Running Man had taken out little was it? Poor a leash Shoe podcast The Where I Be Loved God taken out small child whilst showing them the Running Man. I remember years ago, I think it was Lowis's ninth or tenth birthday party and they had a pinata and uh, they'd have been attacking it for like ten minutes, right, and it wasn't Nothing was shifting, nothing was coming out. And my wife went to me, Chris, why didn't you just give it a couple of acts just to soften.
Speaker 3: Up for them?
Speaker 1: And I had this stick and I took such a big sort of backswing. I sudden he's heard this. Look around one the dad's Jeff. It literally bloodied his nose to say, I can say this safe thing out on the other side of the world actually really irritated dad as well. Jeff. I said sorry, but secretly I wasn't and he might have seen some of the other dads looking at me going well I took out Jeff. Anyway, it was when my daughter was into unicorn, so we had a unicorn theme party the day at which my wife had me an inflatable unicorn outfit. I had to be in and just wander around. Why the kids punched and kicked me. I'm having a great time. This song was played over fifteen times. All they want here bad again?
Speaker 3: Play it again?
Speaker 1: Then kicking me in my pink inflatable unicorn. What kind of punch kicking psycho?
Speaker 3: No wonder you last down on Jeff image.
Speaker 1: Screw you, Jeff. This is then twenty fifteen Saturday afternoon. I had a stinking hangover as well. Just say as well. This was just like est me off. Anyway over the weekend, I still went this on Friday show. Friday nights, I was in charge. My wife had gone away for the night, just one night. This is how a little trust she has in me. Right, She's like, have you got this? I mean one is going to be over somewhere else, one's going to be with you. Can you keep an arm one of them? And I went, I've got this. You don't need to worry. So I was getting text messages every hour going, how's it going? Son? You don't need to send any more of these messages.
Speaker 3: Take a photo of the children there?
Speaker 1: Still, yes, yeah, with today's newspaper. Anyway, the everything was fine Friday night, and then Saturday morning, I said, why don't we go out for breakfast and straight away, you know, nice off like that. That was met with, oh god, where do we have to go? It's somewhere you pick? Can we pick it? Then they're arguing about what kind of place when I'm now going to pick it? So we go to have breakfast and actually made a note right afterwards of everything we talked about in our hour there having breakfast together. First of all, Billie Eilish and whether or not she's been canceled, that's their world. They're constant going to me, Oh no, I don't like the posting on that she's been canceled. When is there a center sort of database now to sort of just keep up to speak? Why is she canceled?
Speaker 4: It happened so fast as well. When you're a teenager, you can I remember your daughter loved Billy Eish so much.
Speaker 1: Now she's the official thing is she's not sure about her anymore, and I'm like this is brutal, so billy honest. Then there was a story they found on TikTok. TikTok to them is the hell tume right? They just go fant on TikTok like there's no follow up question, like some child made up and filmed it and put it on. That's not fact. There's nothing we checked there. Okay, it's not truth. It's just a platform. TikTok isn't I it's been carved in stone some video, I said. And we were talking about past lives and I went, all right, what's this come up at school? No TikTok And I went there was a person on that said that when there were two years of age. They hadn't spoken a word straightway, this is bs and they looked at me, like, God, what is it with your generation? I went here with all the questions. I went, carry on, okay, this person was saying when they were to Patsy Will believed when this kid was apparently two years of age, right, she suddenly she's hardly spoken.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: She suddenly starts speaking fully formed sentences. As they're driving on the road, she goes, oh, mummy, this is where I died, and the seat belt and there were two other cars. That starts to describe them all. The mom gets home, she happens to google car accident on that freeway and guess what word for word, everything this wordless child said at the age of two came true. And the kids were like, they were taking this night. This is true, and I was thinking about that. Then we started having an argument about a mini fridge. They want a mini fridge in their rumper's room. And I said, if you keep your bedrooms tidy for six weeks, I don't know where I got the six weeks from. That's the kind of dad I am. I said, you can have a mini fridge, they say, and so we're.
Speaker 3: Arguing, thought like, I think of mini fridge as a beer fridge.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've got a horrible figure. I didn't want to ask. It was kind of like I'm presuming it for energy drinks and stuff like that. Shot up the carton draft for fourteen and sixteen year old? Are you out of beer up there this kennet. Guys, I've told you before keep your bedrooms tidy and keep the beer fridge toped up.
Speaker 3: We might as well build a full bar in here now.
Speaker 1: We were arguing about that, and then they said, you've got some food in your teeth. So then I sort of strake me for a minute. And then we do this all the time, by the way, to distract you. Just so there's figny teeth there rarely is any fignity teeth. Then I found out they've got a secret WhatsApp group my wife and my daughter's called the Girls. So obviously I'm not invited to do because I'm not one of the girls.
Speaker 3: Ah, they talk about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I couldn't I couldn't hide sat was. I went, oh, right, well what were you chat about? And they went look at his face, he's all sad. Then they laughed at me, and I paid the bill and I said, what a stressful situation it's just been for an hour. So yeah, that was my weekend. Christian Oconnell Christian O'Connell show