Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell show podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: It's just regular for us. They'd ever ruin their pub for lunch.
Speaker 3: Go Team Australia.
Speaker 4: Com hom hom, I like smelling a damp dog by the fire.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show. Gold one oh four point three so one one hundred and sixty four.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Patsy morning, Good morning Jack, morning, guys so fresh. Olympic wins gold, gold and silver in the pool.
Speaker 2: Yes, in the two hundred meter freestyle final pass.
Speaker 3: You're very impressive to get that in the news. Literally seconds after it happened.
Speaker 4: We were watching it, Patsy, and it wrapped and then you begun the news. We were wondering whether you be because obviously you weren't reading it from the Herald Sun. They were quite updated the copy and great to know that you do have freedom of speech sometimes do in the news. She's just made quick cool to murder check. How did I say that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: It's invested interest here. Need to till it for six thirty to let these proles his mouth breathers know how to do it. Uncle group, she calls him.
Speaker 3: But congratulations to Australia and so it's silver and gold, silver and gold, and predicted your yes.
Speaker 4: The king, the King of the lock in so Real. What did you say yesterday with your predictions?
Speaker 6: I said we would go one and two for the first time ever since two thousand and four, which we did. And I said Morio Callahan would beat the favorite Arianne Titmas did.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I did anyone else watch the skateboarding yesterday?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, I watched it right, and I watched about at least twenty five of these young kids. All of them went up and they're ass.
Speaker 3: Why are they why?
Speaker 4: Why? Why they were so bad? Listen, kids, Yeah, go get mom and dad, okay, because you can't do it. Our past just all crap. I didn't see anyone with something. Oh no, it's a skate park.
Speaker 2: It's put like that sline on the rams, you reckon the old French.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I saw the Australian, the teenager at fourteen years old, come off the board on her first attempt at a trick. And then I guess I check.
Speaker 4: I watched at least twenty more not choking table, all doing the same thing, all full on their asses, thinking you could have done this at my coal's in high I see these kids doing this every single day, falling on their houses.
Speaker 3: As a former skateboarder, I can tell you it's hard to stay on that board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but job, that's you got one job, stay on the board.
Speaker 3: I didn't try to go to the Olympics.
Speaker 4: All of them. I've fallen off yesterday. I don't know when anyone else saw it and saw Did anyone else watch much of the Olympics yesterday, Patsy, Do you see any during the day?
Speaker 2: Good to see any yesterday?
Speaker 3: I watched the flip side of people falling her everywhere. I watched the gymnastics, sim own bars.
Speaker 4: Oh my, that's watching this Netflix documentary about her teasion.
Speaker 3: And perfection, Like you can't believe human, isn't it.
Speaker 4: How do they do that thing where they flip around in the air and land like a cat? I think it's cool. The move is called But she is beautiful to watch.
Speaker 3: Isn't it. Bank We were watching the one where she's on the beam, and Bianka said, the idea of this one is to make it so seamless that it doesn't look like they're balancing at all, that they could just be doing this on the floor and it does it looks so perfect, and Bank goes and look at her legs so.
Speaker 4: Strong, but they are. It's incredible. I tell you what my favorite part of watching Jimmy Asti says, you know when they jump off that beam and they have to land, don't they that landing? And it's because they could have done like perfect, perfect, perfect perfect, and then they did it. They flip in the air and then they just land and then that foot just goes aside. You go shout the bed as.
Speaker 3: Lay people, that's on the cow. That's the only thing we know how to score.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's going to regret that, going to regret that stack, the landing.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: With the Games in Paris, a lot of it made how they were encouraging the triathletes to go for a night swim in that turd infested river, the Saine. Okay, and I've been in Paris. It's the same as the Thames as well. The Thames has had centuries of British people in londoners emptying their guts into that river. You don't if you've ever been too London, you don't take any photos of the Thames. Okay, take it across the Thames, maybe at a big bend or the town of London, but you're not not showing anyone any photos of that. Same as the Saine. It is a murky, pooey colored river.
Speaker 3: I guess five six hundred years ago whenever they invented series, there was probably like two hundred people in the city and a few turds can go in there.
Speaker 4: In London it's up to twelve million. That's a lot of PLoP going in there. Okay, you don't swim in there. So they spent the French spent one point five billion clearing out the centuries of French turds. And if you look at that French diet, kroc kombus and snails, that's going to be some smelly old stuff in that scene. So anyway, yesterday there was some official again going sadly they had to cancel these sane swimming open or swimming for the triathletes because they've found traces of wait for it, E coli, E coli. Very bad news, very bad news, especially when you spent one point five beer. How do you even clear out a big ring of what's in there? Is it someone with a big net underneath it? Dragging it along repeatedly, how are you get how do you actually clear out the saying one point five billion?
Speaker 3: And how many days until they do the open water swim? Because they can they still go in.
Speaker 4: But they were meant to be doing it yesterday they've they've canceled the trianthon on sort of swimming in there for the second day running because they've found traces of E. Coli. Whoever that French company is that said, don't you worry about it and this will only cost you. We've crunched the numbers, mates rates one point five billion?
Speaker 3: Did you say? A week before the Olympics started, the Mayor of Paris went for a swim in the.
Speaker 4: River since it is currently decomposing in that river.
Speaker 3: There's footage of her going into the river and she's grimacing as she's going the water, doing that sort of dog paddle. You don't want to that is really it's good to go.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's taking one for the country. And now Jack's seventy five hard How was it yesterday? Monday?
Speaker 3: Is a tough day, hardest day yesterday that we've had since one and a half weeks into this challenge where we've got to do two workouts a day because the Yankees now got sick from Gordy being sick on the weekend. But we still have to do the bare minimum, which is at least a forty five minute walk. And then she jumped on the exercise bike.
Speaker 2: Is committed, get a Hall pass.
Speaker 3: If you crook, you got you can't take any days off start.
Speaker 4: What happens if you do? Have you got to start against?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want to do the challenge, but you've got to start again. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he's telling what you do, you just keep it quiet. You don't bother anyone with the truth.
Speaker 3: He says, how I live my life. He says, if you cheat yourself, you'll be able to you. You won't be able to forgive yourself because you haven't done it properly.
Speaker 4: And he says, people, if it's seventy two hard, or maybe even sixteen hard, that's hard.
Speaker 3: He said, he's met people who's done it four or five, sometimes eight times. They've tried to do it and had to start again from the start and go all the way through. We're committed to doing it only once and once and done.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what did you do yesterday? You did the evening walk in a work.
Speaker 3: So we did the walk and then we did I did pilates yesterday.
Speaker 4: Doesn't get any It doesn't get any harder anything where I mean thinking a lot about why you're so committed pilarates and then haven't done it myself. It's essentially exercises on or around a bed. They called the recumbents. She called it what you want.
Speaker 3: It's a bed exercise from the line down.
Speaker 4: I've cracked it. That's why you're doing it.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Tuesday Morning. Hell's your Monday yesterday? Are you a Monday winner or loser? Let me know, Text me and tell us why which way? Monday winner or loser? Four seventy five three one o four three Jackie Boy, are you winning or losing yesterday?
Speaker 3: A small loss for me yesterday as I went to Gordie's parents' day at his daycare. Actually that was a win to see a gift.
Speaker 4: For two year olds talking about how he is in the sandpit potato printing. It's not pushy parents, and how is how's his French coming at the moment.
Speaker 3: In German and Japanese it was more a celebration not so much a parent teacher interview, although he did get his first report card a couple of weeks ago, which is things like he's active in the sand pit and he's really.
Speaker 4: How we talk about you? We go? How was he the sandpit today? Sam pit is a studio. Not that active, actually a little bit slow.
Speaker 3: No parents day is they've done a little card with their hand printed on it, and the teachers, well, yeah, essentially the than some adult and I love you mum and dud and there was you know, cakes and biscuits and stuff put out in it. All the first time parents to meet each other.
Speaker 2: Love those days because you.
Speaker 3: Never really meet the parents enough. You just bump into them as they come in and going. Two people, I went to school with your parents at the same day here and I didn't even know.
Speaker 4: Ye you get your swapp any phone numbers?
Speaker 3: Not that close? Yeah, just like a good.
Speaker 4: To day went from ten seconds lovely to meet everyone, But don't give me a phone number. Tune in if you want to hear from me.
Speaker 3: Actually you had to leave early because the part is I couldn't. The only the small loss was that everyone had put out cakes and Lamington's my actual favorite dessert.
Speaker 4: Because of this the afternoon as well.
Speaker 3: Seventy five hard. I'm not allowed to have any treats or cakes.
Speaker 4: I think you should be able to have like a couple of days of you because you're going to bind it off two.
Speaker 3: Workouts a day, but you got it's about it's the mental challenge of saying.
Speaker 4: You were in a coat. Now a codependent relationship with this nut job in America. He's probably never done seventy five every night ago suckers. Oh yeah, you got to you gotta start it again. Oh yeah, where's that written down? I don't know here and sharpie and he's write it down. Seventy five hard. Yeah, No, Lamington's No.
Speaker 1: Lamington's the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Patsy your Monday win or a loser.
Speaker 2: Definitely a loser. That hound of our ours. I swear to god.
Speaker 7: I got home yesterday, let him in and he run does zoomies down the hallway and jumps into our bed. Only I noticed on his back his stank. He absolutely wreaked, and I noticed on his back he had these patches of what I thought were mud, but he'd rolled in his own pooh.
Speaker 4: Essentially, no, listen, listen, you've got to understand. And the Olympics right now in a dressage that's the size what those humans are on. This is a dog.
Speaker 2: Horse, it's a pony.
Speaker 4: So if his back is covered it his back is a surface center of a twenty square foot.
Speaker 3: He'll be accidentally scraping it on the top of the door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna have to get the cart trounce right off the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Just disgusting all through our beds. I had to strip all the bed.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that is disgusting.
Speaker 5: Pats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like, no, naughty boy.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that is foul. What did 'en roll in it? Was it fox pool? Not?
Speaker 7: No, he's rolled in it. And they love being dirty. It's like we give him a beautiful fresh dish or a bucket actually of water each day because he's such a big dog, and he goes and drinks out of like the pond, which is all green and scaly.
Speaker 2: I don't understand as well.
Speaker 3: I feel like she doesn't like fresh water. She wants it to be colored horrible.
Speaker 4: If we take them to Paris and the river saying they get rid of those chomp, chomp, chomp, save save save one point five billion. Just get get out dogs down there down by the river bank of the saying they're chew up all those it all be gone.
Speaker 3: So did you have to clean him up? What are you hoes him down?
Speaker 8: Not yet?
Speaker 2: No, we take him up to the car wash because they have the dog wash.
Speaker 4: That's nice for other people, you know, doing their carmat Suddenly congestice or died congealed poop from a dog there?
Speaker 3: And what do you mean not yet? Is he's still roaming around the walling.
Speaker 2: I didn't have time.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to say anything when earlier perhaps you stank of like poop.
Speaker 2: It's not in the house, No, it won't be.
Speaker 4: There'd be like little nuggets that drop off the fur or peanuts and stuff like that. But he's still have it in his coat.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to have to put him in the car to get him too the car wash today at bathing. So I don't know how I'm going to do that. I might have to put like some spreadsheets in the bad.
Speaker 4: Patsy been roaming around wafting, going to roam.
Speaker 2: Dog is in his element.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what about you human? Doesn't he sleep on the bed clean.
Speaker 2: He didn't know, not last night, not till he has a bar.
Speaker 4: Actually, I need your I think I need your advice, Patsy. Okay, we have in the pantry and my wife's having a nightmare the last two days. There's a weavil infestation.
Speaker 2: They're vile.
Speaker 4: Now, how do you get rid of them? My wife goes to me, don't talk about this in the radio. I don't want people think that we have bad HYGIENEID don't talk about this in the radio, Chris, please, I don't want people were thinking we have bad hygiene in the pantry. I went, I don't think they'll care. And I'm all right with those rumors around town, the whispers. They don't care about weaveles. They just leave flower unopened. I hear.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you do. What do you do?
Speaker 3: I think you're throw all wh Yeah you can't.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh at the moment, there's a lot of you know, Yester. I just left her. I went to bed. It was like half ten. I went, this does not need to be done now. She was like everything was being thrown away back a flower.
Speaker 3: Rice. Yeah, because the thing is weevils somehow magically can get into containers.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, it's because someone hasn't been putting. At the moment, there's an investigation going on. It's either me or the seventeen year old. And I was private. They've been running smear campaigns, and I'm going to my wife, let me make you a cup of tea. I came in the other day.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say.
Speaker 4: It was wide open and it was either you or that was not you. So that leaves her. Then Lois is going, Dan's tab at this. He never puts lit cleanly on anything I went. That is not true. So at the moment there's a smear campaign. But anyway, my wife goes, can you find out how to get rhythm humanely?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Humanly means down to have a council with the lead weave or evil weavil can evil. We'll say to him, can you please leave? Please?
Speaker 3: Even the biggest vegans are allowed to kill weavels where we're not trying to take the weavels.
Speaker 4: Do you think is apple side of vinegar? Because that appears to have like a thousand Well, they said put a boll of that in the river, saying it will come up nice or w D forty And that's jacket in the river. Does it involve apple side of vinegar? Does your your mum knows a lot about this kind of maintenance of a pantry.
Speaker 2: Can you wring my phone?
Speaker 3: Which I didn't know you had to kill them? I thought you just throw it all in the bean and then they go live at the tip or whatever.
Speaker 4: How do I know? My wife is said that they're on the scening. There's no one on the scene, but she said, like a lot of Richard, the dancing was scene and the weavils up there. I think we need to or I'm one importantly need to exterminate all wels.
Speaker 3: You need that hospital grade disinfected.
Speaker 4: Humanly humanly human. Can you ask you grandparents and mums they have this kind of elder wisdom about how to basically cleanse my lad weavils.
Speaker 2: In a kind way?
Speaker 4: What kind there is? Is there a kind way to euthanize in Switzerland? It's like take them out there, I take them on one way trip. Guys, we're all going, oh my god, the flower dignitus is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Come on to Adrian, listen to the show right now. Work Christian, who about smear campaigns. Isn't that what Pats's dog has been doing right now? Adrian, take about wherever you're listening to us, Well done mate.
Speaker 3: The what people think of this show right now? The main host has got weavels in his house. The news reader's house smells like poop.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. All the weavil advice, Christian, this is from Chinya. Food infested weavils must be thrown out or dealt with immediately to eliminate weavils. You're a hardliner. You're like Trump. You can build a weavil wall. The pantry also needs to be cleaned thoroughly to clear all traces of weavils. Preventing weavils as simple inspect your newly brought food clean have you just can't past us on Wikipedia even even said hello at the start of this email, Rese, you just quickly cut pastcent not even a customer.
Speaker 3: Good morning, So who buys a bag of rice from the supermarketing for a bit?
Speaker 4: Look Christians? Christian, are these weavils? Are you talking about silverfish?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 2: They're bigger though, aren't they see? No, they've got long legs, haven't they? With you.
Speaker 3: Well, they're getting the same thing oats rice flower.
Speaker 2: No, theyre more in your like linen press and stuff, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I don't have a linen press.
Speaker 7: The linen press and black pets and towns and stuff.
Speaker 4: Sound should be used to run the linen press. Present, put bay leaves in the flower to keep the weavils away. Jack and Rio get this person just said to me. As soon as I went into the air break, they went, I'm pretty sure you can eat weavils.
Speaker 2: Oh yuck.
Speaker 3: No confirmed online. There is a lot of information way it. All it is is extra protein.
Speaker 4: It's you see these things wiggling around. They're like lice. It's horrible.
Speaker 3: It won't affect you in any way. And if you suffer from a B twelve deficiency, eating weavels will actually help.
Speaker 4: There's no way, there's no whether. Hell come when I go in chemists warehouse and if I'm looking to get my bee six Mario and the tea grinding them out the back, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: You want si?
Speaker 2: I think you can eat which he grubs too. But does that delicious?
Speaker 4: But you're not living off the pantry like this. It's not bad grills ab sailing in there go and eating delicious weavils to survive, and Ry owns.
Speaker 3: Down to a doctor. Would he make that up? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Some doctors are lazy, and I'm saying doctor Lee is a lazy doctor. But that is bad advice. And more importantly, I can't go home today because Sarah said, listen, I'm dealing with a lot right now, and she is. I said, I'll deal with this whole weevil thing if I go back and she's gonna come. She's out for the day to day, right go back to that, and I'm sat watching them picture. If you don't help the weavels, I know we can eat them.
Speaker 3: Just get then Pepper should be fine if that.
Speaker 4: Problem is not going away, eating me along with the weavels and the silkfish. Christian has a product in the supermarket called pantry moths. They have sticky tabs which attrack them to it. You just replace them every few months. We had a weavil problem on and off and it's been the answer to our problem. And of course ensuring that no open packets are flower et cetera left in the pantry. Everything must be sealed in stories. Just she went to your meccha yesterday she went and came up got a holder of those anko It's like Jenga, you know those sea through stories, tigs long ones for pasta little, short ones for flower or something, all various sizes. It's like an anko warehouse.
Speaker 3: Now we keep buying those things and then the lids just don't match up to their.
Speaker 4: It becomes like tupperware and missing socks. They all hang out together.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, Home and the Gold of Thorn. Every time Team Australia win gold, the games embarrass you win just over an hour ago in Paris, more golds and silvers to Team Australia in the pool, which means big price, your choice in an hour's time. Christian, good morning. What was the anthem that nobody gets yesterday? Bloody? How allen has that been stuck in your head for the twenty four hours? It was a Japanese come move on? Then he never did say, Christian, googles superfish and tell me if that's what's in your pantry. Nokith, Good morning, Mary Lou. Christian. I lost out on a unit to rent yesterday. Very sorry to hear that, Marry Lou, But are you angling that you want? I've got a spare bedroom in the moment because obviously one of my daughters has moved out. But I'm not taking in any listeners at the moment. But I'll check with the missis see if we're want a lodger at the moment, and see if we can get back to you. But I am sorry to hear about that.
Speaker 3: Remember he's got weavil.
Speaker 4: Bantry hydrine. Now, most of us know someone who is a hoarder than These people are normally crazed. There's something wrong with them. Other cultures call them Banshee's or Harrodon's, and Patsy is one of these people. So we asked Patsy yesterday after just hearing how much random junk was in her garage to do an actual marriage order and.
Speaker 3: How big is the list?
Speaker 4: I think there's at least sixty different separate things here.
Speaker 7: I haven't even I didn't even finish, because I'd still be there now, like going through stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, just some of the stuff here. One giant Barbie doll house, yes, one Barbie Jet, one Barby Kamper van, are you running Melbourne Barbieview Museum? One Barbie car.
Speaker 2: The kid is a teenager now she's outgrown Barbie.
Speaker 4: Do you reckon outdoor chairs? Times? Three fold? All patio chair, one egg chair, US five separate chairs, two trestle tables.
Speaker 3: What's the egg chair like out of men in black?
Speaker 7: No, you know, like the swinging egge chair comes out in the summer, but in the winter when it's wish and it goes in the garage.
Speaker 4: One box of cassette tapes? What's on them?
Speaker 2: I know it's all Chris's old Metallica tapes.
Speaker 4: Don't tell Lars and the vand then they put me been in prison if you were legally home recording their stuff on that stuff.
Speaker 2: He won't part with them.
Speaker 4: Four boxes of Highland dancing trophies. You've got four boxes.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know what to do with them.
Speaker 4: One box of real to Real, Real to River is how audio and film used to be, right real to reals with my early radio gear on it. Is this for feature museums or something?
Speaker 2: It's probably all oxidized now this.
Speaker 3: Week in music.
Speaker 4: I don't know whether these two are just next to each other by chance, but one rage against the menopause photo or three meters by three meters one boxing bag is that for when the rage against the menopause is so much you start waiting on the back.
Speaker 9: Chris, menopause are Rocky Balboa?
Speaker 3: How long has you been boxing for?
Speaker 2: Well? He jack, there's a story. So he tried to put this.
Speaker 7: Thing up on a hook on the roof, and the hook he punched at once and it fell on top of the car.
Speaker 4: That's the power of Chris, big dude. He winds up that. You know that Haymaker. The office works overhand. Right now? That's it is game over, lights out, here's sleep you all right now, Patsy. There is a lot of junk here. No, no, no, some of this stuff you need to let go of, right you do. You need to get rid of it. So we're going to play a game now where I'm going to read some of these that I think you can get rid of them. You've got to justify it. You ready to play?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, let's go back to all the Barbie gear, the Barbie dollhouse, the Barbie jet, the Barbie camper van, the Barbie car.
Speaker 7: I look, you know what, fair enough? I will let everything go except for the camper van because that is the classic toy. Like my older nieces still have the Barbie camp a ven. It is like a traditional.
Speaker 4: Yeah we got We've got certain things from the girls when they were younger, which you hang on to, which I think is really important. Plus you never know you might become a grand parent one day.
Speaker 2: It's a long way down the track. The thumping big house can go because.
Speaker 4: It's so John Barbie House it's gone.
Speaker 2: The jet it's gone.
Speaker 7: The car, yeah, it's gone because the windshields bustard, it's cracked.
Speaker 3: Should people bring up and get this stuff and you just donate?
Speaker 2: I need to ask my daughter before I give it away.
Speaker 4: J What about that boxing bag? I mean it was it had is one the easiest boxing that boxing bags had it easy than any other boxing bag in the world.
Speaker 2: It might have helped Terry Garside last night.
Speaker 4: Poor kid he got he got sparked, brutal upbreaking. Yeah, afterwards. Three bikes, one scooter.
Speaker 2: No, well they've got a steak because we're using them.
Speaker 4: When do you ever use those?
Speaker 3: Always for a Sunday ride Miller.
Speaker 2: Actually we took him to Miller.
Speaker 4: All right, that could stay? What about one roller.
Speaker 2: Skatee Oh yeah, they can probably go one or one pair. No, no, no, it's a pair.
Speaker 4: Also, why is the hose and reel in the in the gown? Shouldn't be outside?
Speaker 7: One pinches it? The love God's worried someone will stealing rustlers priest on the west side.
Speaker 4: What stealing and bunnings.
Speaker 2: Neighbors of ours had their shoes stolen from their shoes, Paranda.
Speaker 4: I mean we joke about where you live, but shoes and hoses have been stolen. My god. Back Judd moans about like the sadies being stolen in front of us in bayside, shoes in the homes you can out yourself, take the dirty old shoes and go outside for walking the dogs and the garden holes. What about this hand trolley beats.
Speaker 7: Trolley, Oh no, they're They're very vital when we have to move stuff. And the beach trolley you need that when you go for a picnic so you don't have to carry.
Speaker 4: And what they hell are two perfect big sticks to decorate as table center pieces? Jacket says here dot dot dot one.
Speaker 10: Day I have found nice no perfect national sticks that sticks will one day I can see them above our outdoor table.
Speaker 2: I'm going to paint them, put like string lights, all right, Christmas?
Speaker 4: What's it is? Stuff?
Speaker 7: And Chris threatening to throw it out, but they're just the perfect stick. Yeah, about three years, but I will when I retire or when I have more time.
Speaker 2: They are right?
Speaker 4: Is Patsy? The only person right is this right now that has actually what she can says to be sensational sticks or perfect sticks actually kept someone the house. If anyone's listened to this that actually has put aside beautiful, beautiful sticks.
Speaker 2: Please let me know nature perfectly formed by nature.
Speaker 4: Nine four one four one o four three And then the last one here, this is so you Patsy. One round mirror waiting to be hung when we renovate again, dot dot dot wonder I have the vision And it was half the price it was.
Speaker 7: It's his most beautiful black mirror. And Chris, it's taking up like half a wall. And Chris said, you need to sell it on marketplace and I said, no, it's right.
Speaker 4: There's so much here a hoarder. All right, have you got a sensational stick?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: After hearing just amount that's so much random crap that Patsy had no garage, as we all do. It's just a dumping ground, isn't it. Sometimes when I'm walking the dog, I'll see some garage door open and I'm looking longingly, wishing i could be this person where they've got the outline for the drills and the row be charging patches, and it's got they've got the rocks, they've got drawers for like the tools, and it's neatly put away. I just, you know, sometimes you just have to surrender to your nature. Even if someone came around and did that for me, it's like that for two hours. But if I'm then opening up that door, just chucking random boxes in, chucking stuff the camping gear or whatever that's never gonna get used, or someone burrows something, or you use a row bi mu or something, and you think I'll put it hang up like another time, that's tomorrow. I'm too tired today.
Speaker 3: When we moved house, we don't have a garage, but we've got a garden shed. Same same problem. As soon as you open the door, there's nowhere to walk. You can't set a foot in there. When we move house, I thought this is a great chance to start afresh. Can you be somebody who hands up all the tools. Yeah, it takes a day for it. Yeah, just just shut stuff in there, and then as soon as one thing shoved in there, you're like, well, might as well just throw this inflatable pool on top of everything.
Speaker 4: My neighbor, right, he he has one of those garages right where it's it's immaculate. Okay, And I remember when when I first saw went this is unbelievable. I could never do this, he goes Christian. I'm retired. You can. When you retire, you have all the time in the world. This is when you start worrying about this. So when you work on that, you don't. You don't really, So anyway, tell me what we should do. Why don't we give away prizes like garage makeovers for listeners? People seriously would enter my own competition. Just tide it up for me.
Speaker 3: We'll do the shell, take the crap away.
Speaker 4: Put some actually make a note of this. Producers garage makeover would be our biggest thing. See that that would be the biggest giveaway. Figure about the other stations that are doing secrets sound Alpha Bucks, a garage, tiny up, a makeover. I would love that, all right, So going through this inventory and this order. What perhaps he did of what's in her garage. I couldn't help, but my arm was drawing the fact that there's some sensational sticks, two perfect sticks. Now, I know what. Sometimes when I'll walk or something, you do see one. You pick it up for a bit, But I always then leave it there because thinking, what am I really? This is yet another thing in the garage that doesn't ever get used. But you, Patsy, you're storing it in there.
Speaker 2: I'm a thinking person.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thinking with the sticks up for three years.
Speaker 7: Of being No, it's going to be like a table centerpiece at Christmas Jack and I'm going to get the love God to get some fishing wire. I actually want it suspended from the top of the pagola and I'm going to put some lovely I don't know.
Speaker 4: If we start filming in new film.
Speaker 2: Very Wight, the Castle, it's going to look amazing.
Speaker 4: You're going to have it suspended just random. If you're a woodworker, i'd understand it, but just some random sticks. People it's going to bang their head on it and go, what is this random stick?
Speaker 2: Dick right it? It'll look at magnet and you know, what I'm going to do it. You've you've tended me.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do it this Christy, please please, I was tending to throw it white, chuck it back over the over or somewhere. All right. Well, I know if anyone else got a sensational stick like Patsy Joe.
Speaker 11: Yes, I have an amazing stick. I have the best stick ever. It's just from a birch tree with that nice white bark and I just love it. And I look at it every day and think I'm going to go for a walk with that. I don't, but it's there and I love it.
Speaker 4: And where's your show? Is yours in a garage? You're by the front door, out the front.
Speaker 11: No, it's by the garage. It's a little garage, a couple of tools and things like that. But yeah, it's just in there. So when I go in there, I see it and go I need to go for a walk with that stick.
Speaker 4: And it's there and this show. You ever thought about suspending it with some fish wire.
Speaker 12: With it?
Speaker 4: Or think about walking with it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll think about walk. It looks good to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about Thank you very much, you col have a good day, you too, Rachel you've got a sensational stick.
Speaker 12: Yes, it's above my sink in my kitchen. It's hanging by some rope. It's like the center of my kitchen. It's got plant hanging from it. That's CRS and wind charms, and it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 12: I've standed it back and chiseled all the little nodules of it and made it like a perfect stick.
Speaker 4: That is, that's high stickery.
Speaker 3: Are you going to go to that effort, Patsy?
Speaker 7: When you suspend it with enough, I'll go as far as sanding. No, probably just decorating it. I want to see a picture. Can you send us a picture of it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: I bet there's some Instagram account. Are they sensational sticks? I bet there are? And I bet you've got wind chimes, haven't you.
Speaker 2: No, I don't one of those. I can't stand.
Speaker 4: Don't I have a listener on and just plow shame on her.
Speaker 2: I personally don't like them. I think they're a bit creepy.
Speaker 12: It's not actually wind times as such. It's just like crystal things that hang down and you know how they shine the rainbows.
Speaker 13: On your wall?
Speaker 4: And I love those. Yeah, yeah, you haven't got any of those dream catches ever you because they terrify me.
Speaker 12: Yes, I make them, I love them.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, Rachel, thank you very much. Sachall put her on the list. Sue. Good morning, Sue, Good morning, Good morning, Sue. I'm guessing you've got a stick as well.
Speaker 10: It's more of a brand story.
Speaker 4: Wow, and take us through. Where is it in the house?
Speaker 8: Okay, So it came with the house. It was about two meters long.
Speaker 4: And yeah, jousting with it, I told.
Speaker 12: My pardon he wasn't lady burn it as fire.
Speaker 8: Would, So I actually chopped it up and put it on the you.
Speaker 13: Know the little fireplace things next to your fake fire.
Speaker 8: So it's staying there forever.
Speaker 3: And what do you mean it came with the house? It was on display or just left there?
Speaker 1: No, just left there, all right.
Speaker 4: They could be bothered to get rid of it either. It's just sort of been there, so chop.
Speaker 12: It up and yeah, it just makes what the fire is really real?
Speaker 4: Lovely? All right? Sue, thanks a lot. Thank you. Tell me one thing I've noticed. So there's Pats and then those three people we spoke to, all a certain type of persons are you got to be honest, it's all there's a certain sort of tribe of people that keep the sticks.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Home of the Gold on which means every time Team Australia the Games in Powers win gold wed give you a big price, they'd be happening the big giveaway just after eight o'clock this morning. All you need to know right now is, but you, si, Rio, is it an outdoor pool right now? Name? I think that's not an interesting look around the weather. I mean, Rio, just be real careful. You know where the land is and where the pool is, or you'll be in the pool. What a morning to be an outdoor pool, he says. There's people swimming in it. How can you see each other? You need head lamps. I mean, look at it this morning. That is unbelievable. Yesterday I was doing the show and something was happening, and I realized that something had happened over the weekend. Yet another chapter in the long storied history that we have with this radio station and the company we work for, who are drastically at the moment cutting costs. I mean, I mean aggressively small thing. We used to have on the count. So just a very nice thing for clients or anyone coming in, advertisers and indeed the people that work here as well. For morale. Tiny little complimentary chocolates yep, can't be costing you that much really a month filled up every Friday, Yeah, I mean tiny little mass bars, bounties and stuff like those idy little bitlly ones the fun size. Maybe what do we think total running costs of that per month? Ten bucks? Twenty bucks? Say two hundred bucks a year. Big radio station like this number one station. Moment gone, that's gone. But thank god we've got a ten year deal with Calen Jackie O. I'd rather we had that great radio like that for grown ups than those chocolates. But then yesterday I'm doing the show and it's actually far worse than a chocolates and they've taken our printer. It's far worse. I'll tell you what it is up against the time that I'm I tell you what it is in five minutes time. You will be horrified. I don't think there'll be any other workplace in Australia where a company has done this without telling anyone. Something has changed over the weekend. It's been replaced and it's obvious what this is. I need you to give me example of a tight wad company you work for, and just tell me one example what they do. Whether you've got tight word bosses, I don't want the general story. One example, what do they do that says definitively Christian? We also have a tight word boss. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, Christian tightword Companies. Some Catherine Ferguson previous company I work for were trying to change the company toilet roll. This is what people revolt about. Actually is stuff like this to that single ply waxy stuff from school. There was an uproar that had to change it back.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing that's happened is yesterday I was doing a show and suddenly I realized one of the team printed off an email when we were doing the misheard lyrics, and as it was trying to separate the pages, they were half the thickness and the way a single piece of a four paper than they normally are.
Speaker 3: We've got our own one ply toilet paper and printing paper.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Have you noticed that, Patsy with your new script over the weekend, This paper is significantly thinner and lighter. It is not the normal kind of a four paper that I had last week and for the last six years they have got this is way for thin. This is like that stuff that you used to wipe your backside with the school that your finger would go through you get a brown finger. Yes, it's like so thing you'd make you go I could zoo with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's low GSM. Thank you rams per square meter. I guess that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we want to know your tight word company. He's nine four one four one oh four three Sam, Good morning. Hi, Hello Sam. So you've got a type? What company you work for? What do they do?
Speaker 14: Ah, well, we do all sorts of things, but I can tell you about the strings on the person have been tightened recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, go on.
Speaker 14: So we've gone from two color pens, you know, the two color clicker pens that have a red and of blue. We're no longer allowed to have those. They cost you much. So we have single color pens.
Speaker 4: But wouldn't that cost like double the amount? So now you've got like two pens doing one pens job.
Speaker 14: No, Well, apparently the bits double click is too expensive. And you know you saw a lot quicker than you do a red, so people would use the blue and then throw the pen out.
Speaker 3: This is the world that reading.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that's right. That is a tight one. Boss. That's shocking. If our company listened to this, we're probably the end of the red and blue pens as well. Sam, thank you very much, she called us. Get a Denise, good morning, Denise.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 8: We were told to bring our own toilet papers.
Speaker 4: That's shocking.
Speaker 8: It was any blow bit hard if you forgot, you couldn't borrow anyone else's. It was a really crap.
Speaker 4: Imagine going to you can I borrow? What's it for? A world two? Keep yourself it's a two, and then go I'm going to need a bit more than that. I like to wrap it around. Make another mitch. If that give me the role, that is, even if you go and serve life in a vision, give you a new role.
Speaker 8: You couldn't forget. I can tell you that it would have been about to happen. You had to have it.
Speaker 3: How long did it last for it's still going a couple of years.
Speaker 4: You got to bring you with your lunch. And that's some poor role as well.
Speaker 8: That's in your handbag, your head.
Speaker 4: Denise is shocking four play. Yeah, all right, thank you very much, Denise.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast yesterday we had man Metal Monday. I'm struggling with Chooda at the moment. Chat. I've just googled positive words that begin with a te You know, it does auto complete. It's gone positive words that begin with the tea in a good way. So if I've got tender Tuesday, tasty Tuesday, or thriving Tuesday, none of those medle Monday.
Speaker 3: What about because you get to decide if you win, you get to decide between the washing machine or the dishwasher. You choose Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that. That's very good. This is how we're giving away the price today. So we have win the Gold of Thon all right through the Games in Paris. Every time Tim Australian will win a gold, you win a prize. Thanks to Ian S and Bosh up for grabs today and as Jack said, it's either a Bosh freestanding dishwasher or you're going to a brand new washing machine. However, before all of that, you've got to win it. Because Tim Australia making a big spash in the pool right now, so Rio, is it an outdoor pool, thank you, Fitzroy pool. And he has an old chet with him that he's lugged. Not an easy thing to lug. We had to get a certain bigger size uber Excel to get it up there with him. After he's got this Morning Live, he's gonna throw it into a pool, hopefully dodging the heads of the elderly people that are currently doing their laps at the moment. And you've got to guess what the splash is the secret smash. Rio is in position right now. Good morning Rio, Paul side.
Speaker 15: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 6: Yes on pulside Here at Fitzroy Paul there is a very heavy morning fog hanging over it. If you peer through that morning frog you fog, sorry, you'll see about ten lanes full of very brave but I will say very old people absolutely tearing up and down these lanes.
Speaker 3: Oh, people can't feel the cold. Anytime you see people get in the ocean during winter or doing this thing swimming.
Speaker 4: In the morning, you know what they are is tougher than us.
Speaker 3: They are tough.
Speaker 4: Now, they are the oldiest are tough. All right, So Rio describe the scene for us. She got the fog down there as the sun's start to burn it off. It's looking like it's turning now. The FOG's burning away. It is here.
Speaker 6: We've got a beautiful sunrise, the fog starting to dissipate one of them. And there's just so many people swimming at so cold, fully dressed up.
Speaker 3: I'm in a puffer jacket.
Speaker 15: My I'm freezing. I don't know how they're in the pool. Some of them are in budge smugglers. What I'm not kidding.
Speaker 6: It's I mean, it's impressive because it's cold, not it's anyway.
Speaker 3: And stop.
Speaker 4: That ain't right.
Speaker 5: That ain't right.
Speaker 4: Eye them up like that now, wonder we have said our self for half six they are poolside Perth. It's been thrown out on the oldies. Take an issue and that would thrown them in the pool for calling them old. And that's the end of the technical gear we've got too.
Speaker 8: Clue.
Speaker 4: I didn't I didn't touch it, is Mary by the way. I came with him. Let's go, well, guys, is underwater. You can stay under there. What you're doing rio it's actually that adam guy. Guys, please don't just wear your live stole jeez.
Speaker 3: It's got out of juice.
Speaker 4: We can eat. We can hear you, Rio, can you hear my words? Open the window? Jack's on the upper depends. All right, we're just in Richmond. You like one job? Can you hear us? We can't hear you. Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna listen to some plum were on it.
Speaker 15: I can't. I can't hear anything.
Speaker 4: Sorry, text Rio, text, this is going well. Okay, we have some fun, so we can't hear anything. All right, this is fading down. We had hey hopes, I still have. You know why we're on Thriving Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Rio, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Guess what the problem was? This is the number one show. Apparently in Melbourne a cable jack had got loose. They now put the cable back in. As you can hear cable in. This is what happened. Cable out strack. Can hear me?
Speaker 1: I can't hear him?
Speaker 4: Rio? Are you taking a pe in that pool right now? Well?
Speaker 15: Who would have thought that you have to plug a mic in? I guess we're all learning stuff today.
Speaker 6: I'm down here, I'm down here. I'm crouched by the side of Fitzroy Paul, there's probably thirty or so very brave swimmers going up and down. Mister, it's popping off. There's so many people and they're.
Speaker 3: Really really fast.
Speaker 15: I'm watching his one like she's probably like sixty five.
Speaker 6: I reckon, she hasn't stopped swimming for forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: So are you going to tell them that you're trying a big object, isn't it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, this is a bit of a thing. We're gonna have to be careful of.
Speaker 4: O H and s.
Speaker 6: Wise, there are people sort of ripping up and down. We're gonna have to wait for a window where I'm not.
Speaker 5: Going to.
Speaker 4: Someone I thought you were closing the pool, or you get your own lane.
Speaker 6: We've got our own lane, but who knows if that lane will be big enough for this mystery object?
Speaker 4: Oh of course, now knowing what it is, it could straight into a second lane those old time. Is this livens up the whole swimming now, doesn't he got a natural hazard?
Speaker 3: It's like the hurdles version in swimming.
Speaker 4: Exactly all right, So when we come back from Kenny Loggins Rio, you're going to drop this unknown object into the pool, And dear listener, you've got to guess what it is to win the big prize today in the Gold of Thon. Are you ready, Rial, We'll be back with you in three minutes time. See you then, do not touch any cables, all right? See then, Rio Kenny loggins Christian O'Connell's show on Gold six minutes past Stay Goldithon is on. Every time team Australia win gold, you win today's Goldethon coming up next with the secret Splash.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, the Home of our Goldthon. Every time team Australia win gold at the Games in Paris, you win a big prize thanks to Ian s and Mosh cleaning up the gold medals now because literally, just as we always start the show to the at six am over in Paris, Mario o'canahan getting gold in the women's two hundred meters freestyle, which means you get the big prize. Every time there's an individual gold medal, you get the choice. You get a Bosh front loading washing machine or you get a free standing dishwasher. Let's find out who's going to be winning it today, Rio, Are you ready? Are you in position pretty? In position.
Speaker 6: I've had to take my shoes off, I've rolled my jeans off, my socks are off. It's very cold, but I'm ready to make the secret splash.
Speaker 4: If thank you, if you've just joined us. Rio is Paul's side right now, not in Paris, but in Fitzroy at Fitzroy swimming pool. Thank you very much, Fitzroy Bath. I just presume they were going to close off the pool or a lane if Peter dropped this large object in so that this is guess what it is, because I don't want to when the old time is getting it whacked on the head.
Speaker 6: No they have, They've put a reserved sign on the lane, but the sign is not being heated by these old timers.
Speaker 4: And they don't care anymore. They don't seriously. Have you had anyone sort of saying, hey, what you're doing with that? Because that big object, it's a bit, it's not a normal object you'd see by the pool.
Speaker 6: Mate people are so they don't give a crap. I've carried this thing in. No one battered an eelid. All these oldies care about is getting in the pool. We're just like a convenience to.
Speaker 3: Them, that's right. You've got to keep your head down just ye.
Speaker 4: You're doing your laps, and so you are ableing the sister this morning by Mary. Now Mary's got another microphone. Actually this is worth this is the dedication to this bit. Actually pointed at the swimming pool to pick up the splash.
Speaker 6: Yes, she's on her hands and knees pointing My.
Speaker 4: Shows that shows Mary, thank you for suffering. What an image this must be. I want to see it. Now you're trying to elapse. And then there's two people with a large object and one of them is on their hands and knees with a microphone pointed at the pool. All right, so you already Rio, I'm you've got the cable back the cable in, Mary, stand up the cable, Rio. The cable's got Lucia.
Speaker 3: It sounds like they're submerged and they're coming up from now. Do you guys need help?
Speaker 4: Are the concern that he's marry Actually like a distress Sire can send the lifesaver Mary, Mary, the same one as the last time.
Speaker 3: There's profuly.
Speaker 15: Just some sort of.
Speaker 4: If someone prank him just as I thought we were getting So.
Speaker 3: I think what we have to do. I think we have.
Speaker 4: To turn the microphone off.
Speaker 3: People will have to call in now ready to compete in the competition. We're just what it is, right, Okay, we'll come back in that one minute that we usually get to speak to you before kicks out. He'll throw the object in and he'll get straight away and he.
Speaker 4: Can throw his career at the same time. All right, call him now, just called him now. Okay, you don't know what it is. Reserve your spot. We're gonna well, I'm driving not to fits away right now, to keep them both in the pool and find that flipping cable and shove at Rio's backside. Four three. It really is the secret Splash. You haven't even heard the Splash.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're trying, trust me, it's not for the lack of trying. At least. We're going to read a for effort execution. Guess what it's that cable game we're now trying to get hold of the producers on their phones.
Speaker 3: I fear, this is my fear. Two weeks ago, we played a game called Song from Afar where I tried the same thing. I tried to drive down the road and Rio was meant to stand one hundred meters away and see if we could hear the song playing out of my car. When you're on the phone, the phones automatically cut out, try to cut out any background noise. So what I fear is if Rio's on the phone now we throw our big object in the pool, the phone's going to try to cut out that sound.
Speaker 4: Riya, are you there? I'm here.
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: I can hear you crystal clear on the good old school telephone. So you're still pull side.
Speaker 5: I'm still pul side. I'm still here by the mystery large object next to me is a microphone packed I'm about to throw in Citsroy Pool. But yes, we're ready in place, ready to go.
Speaker 4: All right, So we're going to have to revert to you being on the phone right now. With this large object, you're really going to have to hurt it into pool, obviously avoiding any mature people who are swimming in that pool right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it looks like we've got a bit of free space. There's an old timer who's down the other end, so we've got a good probably eighty seconds, I reckon before we get it back up the here again.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, Mary who's down there with you is also on the phone. She should be online too, so she can point her phone at the water.
Speaker 4: Okay. Mary was recently nominated for an ACRA last week. They've now taken that back. Mary, I'm ever so sorry. Once you get involved in the show, it's not good news for anybody. Now, Mary, are you still there? You're still with us.
Speaker 14: I am here and I just really quickly got off the phone with the ACRO people.
Speaker 13: Don worry, it's totally final sorted out.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you. I'm so clear to hear that, and so Rio and Mary. How is this going to work? Then you've got the object.
Speaker 1: I've got the object.
Speaker 5: I'm going to do the biggest splash I can. If it is not big enough, I am willing to take off my clothes and get in the pool and I can try.
Speaker 4: That's no benefit to anyone other than yourself. Since we started to chance you an hour ago. You're desperate and horny to start follocking with the elderly in the water.
Speaker 5: Do you just say the word?
Speaker 4: All we want is to hear the ladder in the pool.
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I wonder what the secret object is. You haven't got the other one with you? Have you?
Speaker 8: We do?
Speaker 5: Actually we have a backup object you have haven't you? Just run to get it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been quite the morning. It was a ladder because you can now down Rio's had lugged a ladder up that we had to gain Uber excel. It's now still a ladder, but it won't be a ladder. Okay, So where's Mary going to? How far away is the second mystery object for the secret splash?
Speaker 5: Mary?
Speaker 8: Hand?
Speaker 4: You got it? Mary?
Speaker 5: Very heavy? Oh that's very heavy?
Speaker 4: Great? Great, great, great?
Speaker 3: So heavy objects because I don't even know what object number two?
Speaker 4: This is good? Yeah, all right, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Christian will tell you in the second.
Speaker 4: Right, So you've got the new object.
Speaker 5: I've got the new object. You say the word, I'll put the phone down and I'm going to do the biggest splash I can.
Speaker 4: Okay, Rio launch the new mystery object that isn't a ladder into the pool.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 5: Two? One one?
Speaker 3: What happened? Did you miss the pool?
Speaker 4: How was that? Did you hear anything? It was like maybe some rain dropping on the pool?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, gives one more go one more go?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 4: What this thing is huge? It's heavy as well.
Speaker 3: It's not really a game.
Speaker 4: It's not really game. You so can wear well. I tell you what we are. We're confused now about what on earth we're going to do. This is wasteing almost an hour of the show, an hour of people's lives. Are never going to get back. Do we get people calling guests anyway? You have to? Okay, So something that doesn't sound that big, but tame a word for it is a big object. It has just been dropped into Paul, what do you think it might be? Nine four one four one four three? Why would you still stick with us? Because one of you is going to get a brand new washed dishwash sure or a free standing sorry, a washing machine your choice.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Rio.
Speaker 4: Are you still there by the pool?
Speaker 5: Barely?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Lonely place to be, lonely place, thanks for doing it? Like Custer's last stand there today, hardest working man in show is trying to keep a smile on his face as Rome burns around him. There you buy a pool. Your trousers are rolled up, we've got no.
Speaker 3: Shoes on, and it's a nervous laughter like this is all O laughter?
Speaker 4: I think he's actually openly crying there. In fact, that's what we heard. It wasn't the mystery, all right, I am.
Speaker 5: I'm soaking wet head to toe after very futilely splashing a number of mystery objects in the water for what seems like absolutely no reason in the end.
Speaker 4: Now, now, now come on, come on, my friend. I hate to see a young kid like this and radio his dreams are all fading. And this is this is show is Rio, This is all of it my and he's still going to accept this with good grace. It's a learning for all of us. We need new engineers, yep, need new engineers. Yeah, all right, so Rio, this was the this was a splash earlier. So the reason why he was at the pool originally there's a secret object. You're working out what the object is. He's just throwing into the pool. That's funded all right, I didn't hear the bit was Rio trying to throw himself in Afterwards, I've got this image of those old people now gathern row Rio getting a hot chocolate in a blanket and giving him a hunt. And this is just a moment in your life.
Speaker 3: At first, he was an annoyance because he interrupted their swim and now they just feel sorry Shubris.
Speaker 4: What brings down many a young tucker like Rio? All right, then where are we now? We're by the Paul again, aren't we? I forgot, and we're asking people what is going in the pool the secret splash. Let's now go to Laura.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Laura, Good morning guys.
Speaker 4: Now, Laura, thank you for still listening to show. I'm putting up with a few issues with her. Would you like a new dishwasher or washing machine?
Speaker 13: I love a new washing machine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yours on the blink on the fritz.
Speaker 13: Mine sounds like and they were appling taking off.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, you can't have that? And is it busy one? You've got a family who's there?
Speaker 13: Just me my partner, but the green kids come and stay quite often.
Speaker 4: Gotcha? All right? So what do you think the object is going in the pool? What's the secret special?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm going to guess Rio's Nintendo switch.
Speaker 3: Goodness, that is a good yes.
Speaker 4: Now we've had a few technical problems. Laura. I can't quite hear what you said. Did you say watermelon?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 9: Against the odds. If you guess a watermelon, I love it. What are the odds odds on Terrific Tuesday. Laura, you win though washing machine, thanks to Marshanie and us.
Speaker 4: Well done. Oh thank you so loud, our absolute pleasure. At least someone is smiling off the last sixteen minutes of Champagne Radio. We're floating in the river scene. All right, Laura, well done. Thanks for listening to show. No just generally thanks listening show, especially today. Thank you very much, love you show. I need to know that today. Rio just go home, mate. You know I'm getting out of it pretty soon as well. Is this pick it up tomorrow? Tonight? It's another day, okay, week, see you next week, mate, next week, come on now, we've got winners Wednesday.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Look, let me just say this. In any friendship, one of the friends is going to let the other friend down, but you'd like to know there's enough bank goodwill that you'll forgive them that. And I know I know we can lie on you. You've got my back, Christian. That was harder to listen to the Molly actually winning the gold medal. Christian, is it a ladder? It was, Christian. It felt like we've been listening today's time waste the last hour of the show. See you've got my back. Thank you team, Thank you very very much.
Speaker 3: The bigest shame is we never got to hear what a ladder sounds like splashing into victory.
Speaker 13: Paul.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe one day, Jack, we go back to lap ball.
Speaker 3: Oh, no doubt, we will never go back there.
Speaker 4: Welcome to tumultuous Tuesday time. Now the time waster. Well, do you know what what a great day it is right now? Because someone's about to win two hun two and fifty dollars in cash and three months supply of delicious deal Marti for your office and Deal Martier offering you the chance to win a beautiful trip to the home of Delmar Sri Lanka. The home of delmart Literally Dylan will put you up in the spare bedroom to enter. Please pick up the specially mark pack with the competition logo Teas and Seas always applying, guys, always all right. Today's World Kitchen Day most cooked hone dishes in Australia, according to taste dot Com. That are you always name the sauce? What do we think are the what's in this top five? I've got here, I reckon it's spaghetti bowlondies not in there, my friends, are you joking? Well, unless you call a number five savory mints?
Speaker 13: What is that?
Speaker 7: Savory mince is like a mint sort of, you know, casserole thing with carrots and PoTA.
Speaker 2: What about lasagna?
Speaker 4: Number two? Sausage on the barbecue, curried sausages. Apparently never had one, they ask you seriously. Tuna pasta bake is at number one?
Speaker 2: Oh really, just like students.
Speaker 4: Make that all right? So we're looking for your kitchen bands today on the time waste Kitchen bands like Men at Wok Gold, Spice Rat Girls Silver, James Brown Sugar Silver plus, fleetod Mac and Cheese, Gold, Matre dmc bronze, the Bleach Boys, get rid of those weavilks. Bronze back at the pool, the loner Jackson five a day, going to get you five a day in in the in the kitchen, and boy George Foreman.
Speaker 3: Silver plus, thank you, yeah plenty, Yeah, nothing.
Speaker 4: Coverage today, Jackie boy, What have you got? Kitchen bands? Who's playing in the kitchen?
Speaker 3: Spatul a girl, Oh very good, Gold, the Sizzle Sisters, no bronze.
Speaker 4: Back at the pool, Chef Leopard or Chef Leopard.
Speaker 3: Very good gold, An Arcade Friar Okay Fryer.
Speaker 4: Is also gold.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Time Wastters.
Speaker 4: Today we're looking for your kitchen bands best and show thanks to delmar When's two hundred and fifty bucks in cash and you get three months supply of deal Marti for your office kitchen bands. Let's find out who's playing in your kitchen. Let's go bond An Chevy, Pizza Bronze, no Zzy Crop Pop Silver, The Yeasty Boys silver plus fucking Heads gold. I feel about today's show Soup Dog Yeah, Silver, about the cheering on the Americans in the pool.
Speaker 3: Tom Cruise as well at the gurnastics we've.
Speaker 4: Probably gone in. It's Nethan Tiam America impossible, Stovey wonder gold. There we go. We found got a wooden justin hold an Overnight Oats.
Speaker 3: Gold and I'm making overnight are you yep?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That is a great on. Billy, well done, Mela Cyrus silver, Kettle Perry Silver, Climby Fish and Chips gold. That's very good. But I'm brendan match box more than twenty gold. That's so good. Pearl jam on toast silver, Tina Burner, Gold, Banana partmer God, that's very good at that one. Judy. Alana's cutlery set that is genus. That is top end of town. Stuart Guy. Take about Alana's cutlery set. Three draws down, gold, go Westinghouse Gold, I don't Corey and tongues and I oh these are all good gold, Yeah, strong, finish, okay, Jack, Who's best in show? Who wins the dealer on the.
Speaker 3: Money Stewart For Alana's cutlery set.
Speaker 4: It has to be well done, Stuart Guy, you're today's winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: He just tuned in, but another ten out of ten solid gold radio show.
Speaker 3: I need to listen back and chot you can guarantee don't even.
Speaker 4: Bother with the podcast. It's one of those where it's too good. Let's just check in with producer Rio. It's just on his way to center link right now. That's all laugh is what you call that?
Speaker 5: All my life forces leaving me?
Speaker 4: No, come on, come on, come on, and standing there, I'm out the front of Hittory Pool still with a ladder.
Speaker 5: If anyone is driving past, no cabs are big enough to kick us. Up at the moment and we've been sanding here for about half an hour.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're kidding.
Speaker 5: There's a ladder. No, because it's a huge you need to know. No one wants to pick us.
Speaker 3: Up, or maybe someone in the yuke come and pick you up in the bag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's actually be really.
Speaker 4: Always just chuck it in that pool and just go on, let it float. Use it as a natural hazard for the eldies doing their laps and just swim around or under it. They can use it as like a water aerobics thing.
Speaker 3: And what did you do with your watermelon that it did go to the bottom pool?
Speaker 5: We're bringing that home. Yeah, it's not easy to get.
Speaker 4: But anyway, now, really, you've been doing such a great job as our kind of official unofficial correspondent for the Games in Paris, of being such a fanboy and looking ahead to where gold, silvers and bronze might be coming today in the early hours of tomorrow morning, so once more to the Games in Paris. He might be by the side of the pool, not in Paris, but Fitzroy with a ladder. Don't ask. It's been one of those days, Rio, Please, we need to look forward. What can we get excited about today in Paris.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who look really really bloody good are the women's rugby sevens. They absolutely smoked everyone in their path on their way to the Semis. They come up against Canada at midnight tonight. If they win that they're through to the final. Who they'll probably come up against New Zealand rivals. Yeah, a bit of but I reckon they look unbelievable And if they win, that's seven vacuum cleaners way oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: Wow, So seven mystery items. Back at Fitzroy Paul.
Speaker 5: And in the pool there's Kaylee McEwen our strew that stroke legends she's got her rival Reagan Smith, who she'll be up again. But I'm back in Kaylee to bring us home a dishwasher or washing machine as well for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: All right, Rio, good stuff, Okay, we'll see you in the morning. Have a great day today. Thanks for listening to the show.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast