Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Meldon's Gold one oh four point three Why.
Speaker 2: From Richmond Gold one four point three HQs Melbourne, Australia, forecasting to the world.
Speaker 3: Boos, Who's calling Christianay?
Speaker 4: Christians?
Speaker 2: Jackson, James Gordon, Guysson, by Girl and John Corey filming, Sean mccarlok, David Strausman, Kelly Kurst, Bieber, Richard Reed, s'mon peg Christians Worth, Todd McKinney's only handle.
Speaker 5: And Tanning, Hey Christians?
Speaker 6: Ey boy?
Speaker 1: Who? Who?
Speaker 4: Who's Who's Who's.
Speaker 3: Calling Christian?
Speaker 7: What insane writer? Has been the last two weeks of Who's Going in Christian? I hope you enjoyed listening to it. Today is the last day of it. Just listening to that, all those different voices from all over the world's been struck me a couple of things. One, how manly Jack Thompson's voice is.
Speaker 5: Yes, we have to use him as a voiceover for some way on the show.
Speaker 7: It just got that. I don't know what it's got. An amazing, amazing voice, gravitas, that's what he's got, all right, Come on, it's eight minutes past six Friday morning, so it's a last day, the final day. If you'd to get your celebrities to give us a call, bump a day yesterday, Joe. The next half and hour I play about what happened yesterday. This sounds going to work. Then where chat's obviously whoever you get to call the sho up until ten am this morning. Then we will announce the top five. That top five winning down to a top five. It is hard. I'm still not one hundred percent with the top five that we've got at the moment, we don't know who might call today.
Speaker 5: Well, it's all penciled in. Anything can be changed before ten am. But I mean, were you tossing and turning last week? And I think kept saying you text everybody going hey have we considered such and such?
Speaker 7: Have we thought about paranoid? We're not going to get it right. There are so many great conversations with people that we have that called.
Speaker 5: In pacing back and forth. Author your wife bought at home, and.
Speaker 7: Then my wife was confusing me about Hey, what about that person? And now I'm a ball of confusion. But so many great names. We're in a great situation of being thanks to everyone's worked so hard and then the really exciting thing is in the last twenty four hours, Russell Crowe is here in Melbourne. Everyone's saying that he checked into the Crown. You see who was at the well. It looks like a farce of a game for a lot of the fans at the Boomers game.
Speaker 8: Gosh, they couldn't say it, most of them.
Speaker 7: That's shocking up. People were spent a lot of money.
Speaker 5: I saw hundreds.
Speaker 7: I saw someone who spent like two hundred bucks for tickets for him and his two boys. Were big basketball fans. They were so far back on these kind of plastic Bunnings chairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not good enough.
Speaker 8: Crow took to Twitter last night and said I should have stayed home and watched it on the TELI He paid fifteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: So if you're Russell Crowe and you can't even get good seed to the basketball.
Speaker 9: What.
Speaker 7: Hope is there? See? This is why we need Russell Crowe on, even if he just comes on and uses a chat to moan about the MVP view at the Boomers game. Yes, saying then hangs up. We are your station to moan out the powers at Marvel Stadium. Russell, please give us a call now, how did you think Russell would obviously arrived yesterday? Do you think he at the Crown He's where we all sort of drive in that main bit there he's getting out. Do you think he's not like when I go, then you've got like odd bits of bags and luggage. He's going to have matching. We think got Louis Vouton.
Speaker 5: I actually think he's got a private entrance.
Speaker 7: Pats.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when Tiger.
Speaker 7: Wo was the crow Tunnel or something just for Russell Crowe.
Speaker 5: Tiger Woods was in Melbourne before his whole marriage.
Speaker 7: Well, we know what he was doing around the world.
Speaker 5: And I think he had there was a rumor he had some kind of secret entrance in the Crown where he was getting people in.
Speaker 7: Now some of the like top top London hotels do have separate entrances for the big stars because they can't be that hanging around out the front there. Yeah, it's not a good look. They're going to get irritated, they're ushered in. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret entrance to the Crown for the big stars. Yep.
Speaker 5: And that you would say that Russell Crowe is a list enough to go in the Secret Tunnel.
Speaker 8: Sure well, I reckon he would though, I reckon he's such a regular down Worth guy he.
Speaker 7: Pu he's been moaning about. I reckon he would.
Speaker 8: Pull up in the Commodore and.
Speaker 7: Check it into not rocking up in a holder.
Speaker 8: In the Adada sports bag that he's got his tooth brushing and he's just a regular.
Speaker 7: He'll have a load of merch as well that he's handing out from the team that he's got as well the team that he sponsors to. I think it would be amazing. On the last day we could get Russell Crowe on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So anybody a crown or lingering out the front or come back.
Speaker 7: Hot hotel like that, it's not protocol. They get fired. You can't start going in.
Speaker 5: I checked Russell Crow.
Speaker 7: Listen, we've got room service, but it's not coming in until you call Christian. That person's getting fired. The moment that hangs up by Russell Crowe with the fire the on the spot. But yeah, Russell Crow would be amazing. This morning, we're up to what is the number now a people that we've had on the show voicemails or live chats.
Speaker 5: Fanning was fifty two at the end of yesterday's show.
Speaker 7: That is incredible. Thank you very much. Good luck everyone coming up next? What song is in Bob's head? He's back, he's waiting for us, He's primed. He's got a brand new song.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Time to speak to listener, Bob. Listener, Bob is an amazing thing where every single morning he has a brand new earworm, you know earworms, where it's that song that sometimes this drops into your brain. You didn't ask for it, but it's there and you can't start humming it or can't start humming it or singing it. But he has a brand new song every morning. He told us a couple of weeks ago where we're doing a phone in about earworms, so we thought we'd turn it into a regular Friday game. As you try and work out what is the song in Bob said, just get a man on himself. Good morning Barton, Yes.
Speaker 10: Good morning Christian. Pat's in Jake, how are you good?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 7: But very good, Bob. If you had a good week, I have.
Speaker 10: I have a pretty good week and nearly the end of it, although I've got some private work on this weekend. So it's full on for me this weekend.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I hope it all goes very well. Full on Bob. Now listen, Bob, what can you tell us about this morning's song?
Speaker 10: Okay, we go to all part of the world.
Speaker 6: This song.
Speaker 10: Artists out of England, released in nineteen eighty five, and there two very famous artists mentioned in the song. And it's dedicated to a guy who's never.
Speaker 5: Mentioned interesting Okay, English band. Two famous people are mentioned in the.
Speaker 10: Song, well famous artists. One one is a band and the other is a very famous artist. Everybody knows.
Speaker 7: It's not pretty firm sprout king of rock and roll, is it.
Speaker 10: I've never heard of it. I have no idea. That was all Chinese to me.
Speaker 7: That's a different game we should play with you. By the way, that's a Chinese to me. So it came out in eighty five. Big band were they in the eighties?
Speaker 10: Look, they didn't chat really big here in Australia and I've never heard anything else by them. But this is a very good song, very enjoyable to listen to, and it's a definite ear work.
Speaker 5: Have we got any idea?
Speaker 10: I'm trying not to make it too easy, because Patch is a pretty good guess.
Speaker 7: You know, she was parading yesterday this week. All right, Bob, stay there, we'll take some guesses. So nineteen eighty five and it name checks two other artists it does.
Speaker 10: That's exactly how it goes.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you, Bob. Apparently if Bob, if you hummit, Bob, it's too easy. Yeah, it's that recognizable.
Speaker 10: Probably not if I hand it, but if anybody else hundered, it would be should.
Speaker 7: We get Bob to hummit? Yeah? Yeah, Bob hummett please for us.
Speaker 10: And that would be it.
Speaker 7: I am none of the why. I got no idea. It sounds like the theme chunes of Black Booty. I don't know if that's another steal Chinese stew again, I've got no idea, Bob.
Speaker 10: Okay, well I couldn't. I can open up the clues a little bit.
Speaker 7: Let me guess that that worked for it. Let them sweat, Bob. Okay, stay there. You can have stayed there, Bob. It's not getting for you, is it.
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: No, no, no one. I'm pulled over on the side of the road. No problem, But all.
Speaker 7: Bob, could I just asked you to turn when we're doing our live stuff. Can you turn your radio down as well?
Speaker 11: So yeah, I thought it was down low enough.
Speaker 10: My apologies.
Speaker 7: It's quite right. We're making it, making it all up as we go along.
Speaker 6: Bob.
Speaker 7: That's always all right, stay there's up, no worries, thank you, Bob nine four one four one o four three. What song is in Bobby Boy's head?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Let's go back into the mind of listener Bob. Where is it out this morning? And what song has he got lodged in that giant brain of his? Bob, Welcome back from the where you just pulled over, Bob, Yeah, yes, Bobby that.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm still here, good man, Okay, I'm hearing you.
Speaker 7: Great. We can now receive you as well. And Bob, the clues again to this morning song is is We're.
Speaker 10: In your part of the world, Christian. It's an English fan they reference to very famous arts and released in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 7: Five song Do you like this song? I do.
Speaker 10: I've always enjoyed it. It's pretty catchy to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah. If you had to give it a mark out of ten, where would you put that.
Speaker 10: I had a ten for me personally, probably give it about about a seven.
Speaker 7: It's a tough charges. He's a tough judge. All right, let's get some guesses now, Tony, good morning, Good morning Christians. You're live with Bob. What's your guests?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 11: Bob? Is it come on our lane?
Speaker 3: By?
Speaker 11: I think you've been a runner.
Speaker 10: That's a swinging sorry, my friends, the cat's raises born.
Speaker 7: It's a swing, Tony, thanks a guest. Never good weekend mate, Thank you, buddy. Let's go to Kendall. Good morning, good morning you. Well, let's wait and see It's it another swing in a mess? Or is it a hits? What's the song?
Speaker 12: I reckon? It's life in a Northern town boy dream academy.
Speaker 7: What what are you up to there? My friend? You listen animals got a call with you there, Bob.
Speaker 10: I've got to kick the team going. And that's a home run.
Speaker 7: Whoa great song. It's in fair Speer's day off as well. Life in the Northern town tree mcaaway. Yeah, Kendall will send your price. Well, guest, thanks very much, no worries, all right, Bob, how a good weekend you do, mate, Thank you very much. That's right boys, A pleasure, Bob and same time next week we call you at six fifteen. Okay, we'll do Bye bye for now, Barack, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: All right, let's see what we can do for this. Then, do you know of a street name here in Melbourne that has that shares its name with a body part? Pats? You know of one, don't you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's a Bionic y Line in East Melbourne near the iron Ere.
Speaker 7: Hospital, Bionic Earlane.
Speaker 8: Why so because it's named after the gentleman who invented the bionic.
Speaker 7: Here what his name was? Bionic? And you put the other?
Speaker 8: But I can't think of his name ear Lane?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, okay, you think you've actually if you invented the bianaryar, you want the street named after you exactly?
Speaker 7: Yeah, like Derek Avenue or whatever it is, whatever his name was. We don't know his name, all right, And but you so bet you. Your sister lives on.
Speaker 5: My sister lives on Gooch Street.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have to help me out here.
Speaker 5: Is that rude? It is a slang word for something.
Speaker 7: I believe you can't have that. People calling in saying all kinds of stuff is where is that?
Speaker 5: It's the part between your bottom and where your genitalia start, like.
Speaker 8: A pyreineum on a woman.
Speaker 7: But men have a parandem as well, don't they?
Speaker 6: Well? Is that?
Speaker 5: What is that the technical term for that?
Speaker 7: Paranem?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Last named? Yeah? Last year I had some acupuncture, right, and the lady said to me, oh, your earth chakra is out of alignment, and you hate it when that happens, it's bad news. And she said, to you trust me. I was like, yeah, you know, I said, I needles putting me. I've had acupunch before. Five minutes later, my pants are pulled down, my feet are on her shoulders. A needle without any warning into that area.
Speaker 13: You're kidding.
Speaker 7: I actually started crying. I can't quite describe the sharp pain. A needle is not meant to go in that. A needle up there and then stayed there for like five minutes. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Did it fix it?
Speaker 5: How's your earth?
Speaker 7: It distracted me, she got my attention.
Speaker 5: It's like getting rid of hiccups. You're scared somebody telling you now it.
Speaker 7: Wakes you up. Maybe that is something jacks you out me out in the morning, take some needles in the microwave, put you in some stirrups.
Speaker 5: I don't think it acupunctury should ever take your pants down, because what possible spark could they go?
Speaker 7: Now? I took my pants down. That's not right now, because there is, honestly, there are chakra points there. That's how acupunctual much. It's ancient. These are the Meridians. The Earth chakra is chakra number one and they all come up your spinal column. What circus did you go to?
Speaker 5: You get that done?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, If you have acupuncture and there'll be acupunctiers listening right now, I'm sure that we'ld understand that the Earth chakra maybe the plates and menu day it's right well, right on Goose Street.
Speaker 5: So if you're feeling weird this morning, you felt like you got off on the wrong side of the bed, just sticking needle up there?
Speaker 7: All right? Anyway, where were we We're trying to find body part street names, not I must dress slang, okay, otherwise we won't be.
Speaker 4: Able to do this.
Speaker 7: Pot technical terms only, okay, medical terms only. Body part street names here in Melbourne nine four one four, one oh four three. I shouldn't have mentioned any of this.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three last day today on Who's Calling Christian? Uh got just over three hours to try and get your celebrities to call us, and then we're going to announce the top five. From the top five, you vote over the weekend to pick your winner. The winning celebrity, of course, gets twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. On Monday show we'll reveal it and if you've got that winning celebrity onto the show, you get twenty thousand dollars for yourself. Yesterday we had some of my chats for people that were calling in. Haven't listened to what happened?
Speaker 3: Who Calling Christian?
Speaker 10: Day nine?
Speaker 7: And heap small voicemails came in.
Speaker 6: GOODA guy puffed out here from Betterholmes and Garden.
Speaker 4: Hey, Christian CIRCUITI Wilks calling, Good Day Christian.
Speaker 2: This is David Strassman calling from the Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Hi, it's is it quite true?
Speaker 15: Oh hello, it's Mike Brady.
Speaker 12: I'm not going to sing a bit about the Kazi because I just don't feel like it at the moment.
Speaker 5: Legendary Ossie actor Jack Thompson called in.
Speaker 11: Once you get the kidney for you, once you've become a part of that on dialysis, you discover that there's this whole world of people.
Speaker 7: You never think about it, do you, because you're not being part of that word it's never happened to you. You'll think you're invincible, untol something like this happened.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: It's like you know, you buy a volk Sagon.
Speaker 11: Suddenly you look around. There's a whole other volks Argons around, so let you notice them.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm not sure that folks Wagon are going to use this as part of their new marketing campaign. It's a bit like having a dialysis machine.
Speaker 6: I'm all track it.
Speaker 7: Hollywood movie star Simon Peg Jack Thompson. He left this question for that est person. Here's yours.
Speaker 6: You've got a magic wand what would you do with a magic wand?
Speaker 12: For yourself? I think I'll probably go.
Speaker 16: Back to the nineteen eighty six Hawlane.
Speaker 7: See'd cgi yourself?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I would literally v affects my hair back.
Speaker 7: Tony Hadley from spand out ballet called in.
Speaker 17: I get answered so many TV shows and it's like, really, no, I think I might pass on that one. I've been asked about five times now to do strictly comes answering, and I told him I don't do likera.
Speaker 16: I just don't do it.
Speaker 7: This radio station is called Gold. Can you just give us a quick blast of you are Gold?
Speaker 17: You are Gold, Gold. I always believe in your soul.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I was kind of hamming that a bit.
Speaker 7: Bernard Fanning from Powderfinger? Do you know what, Bernard? Since I started the show about fourteen months ago, I've been saying what a big fan I am of powder Finger, but also your solo stuff as well.
Speaker 12: Thank you man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: And I've been saying how I'd love to get Bonner on the show one day to beg him to have a powder Finger reunion.
Speaker 18: Yeah, don't hold your bet for the reunion.
Speaker 16: So let's.
Speaker 7: Well, it was good to have a little quick chat anyway. It's the quickest chat we've pat. It's the time of the ten second interview Whooz.
Speaker 3: Calling Christian.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: All right, we are down to under the last three hours on the last of Who's Calling Christian. If we get anyone today, they'll be the fifty third. We're up to fifty two celebrities and managed to call the show for Who's Calling Christian. The big thing that's happened the last twenty four hours is Russell Crowe has checked into town. Russell Crowe is in town, staying at the Crown. Russell Crowe is not very happy. He was at the Boomers game yesterday and he did not have a great view. If you look on his social media account, he's basically saying he was a mug for paying fifteen hundred bucks to get a terrible view. So, Russell Crowe, if you're still annoyed, please pick up the phone ninety four one four one oh four three and give us a call jack Who else will we promised in this competition?
Speaker 5: Well, Hugh Jackman got slipped through our fingers. He was in Melbourne all last week and yeah, but we know he's in Perth now so ed longer reason. But they have phones over there in Perth so he still can.
Speaker 7: Some honus us. We never thought we started this we'd ever get just hearing those voices there, Chris Hemsworth, Simon Pegg. Yesterday, Jack Thompson, you know is going through Dionasi's treatment at the moment, blessed him. What a legend to catch up with him at Graul Monday. Whenever that we get any of these people say, you never know. It's not over yet.
Speaker 5: Keith Urban was pretty much in the trap with all we had to do is pull the string and trap him, but he somehow slipped away. Rebecca Holden from Night Rider.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I've got the main man, the hoff On, but we really want to interview the mechanic from season two.
Speaker 5: Billy Idol. We spoke to his guitarist, He's guitarist essentially said yeah, get Billy on next week.
Speaker 7: He's in the wind.
Speaker 5: Heard from him. Pamela Anderson was meant to call in on Wednesday. Haven't heard from her. Robert Downey Junior. I mean we've got all the Dougs of Melbourne's Instagram accounts too. I think that might take him.
Speaker 7: Out and he's receiving some treatmental counseling.
Speaker 5: And the Big One, the big Fish from the Village People.
Speaker 7: Jim Newman, Cowboy, the original, the one and only the mac Daddy, the Big Cahoonah, the quattro Fonmagio of the Village People. Our a capitano they used to call him Jim Newman for the Village People. Two hours and fifty five minutes for Jimmy Boy to give us a call this morning, So everybody go on social media. You've got nothing to lose. The twenty thousand grand hasn't been given away yet. That's Monday morning. Attack, Attack, Attack, go for it.
Speaker 1: Released the Flying Monkeys, a Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: So on the Srning show stuff we do know about eight o'clock Sawrning more ridiculously easy questions on beat the Boss? Have you seen the producer bex men at the old questions again? Who spelled cats? That's a type break question. That's the big old type break question.
Speaker 5: What is here that I think it's meant to be nineteen eighty five, but it is one.
Speaker 7: If we can't understand them, what hope is there for the contestants waiting get eight o'clock for us? Who beat the Boss? That's what Russell Crowe calls in and we don't have to break out those questions. Also, we've got Shane Crawford. Crawf is in his last ever appearance on the show unless by ten a. In this morning we get David Beckham on the line for who's calling Christian? And of course right now it's Friday, we officially ask you what time are you knocking on on a Friday? Best of the week. It's all about what time you knock off? What time you get out of work today? Some of you might have knocked off already. What time are you knocking off this morning? Let us know then? What time are you finishing work today? Getting out of work and beginning your weekend? Call us up, just tell us what time you're knocking off If you want as well, you can tell us where you're knocking off too. No four one four one oh four three jack posts, what time are you knocking off today? Well?
Speaker 5: Big game of footy tonight, So we've got the Pies Bombers versus the first Pies. Still deciding whether I go. It's a little bit cold today, so maybe call yourself a footy were frosty windscreen this morning represents the team And then I feel like we might have Collingwood in the first week of the finals anyway, So should I just saved.
Speaker 7: My jack post appearance?
Speaker 5: Like they're resting pepple rest Jackpot.
Speaker 7: Guys, we perhaps of Ben's jack post today. He's not gonna guys, come on, we might have been chack. We're going to play up for jack. Pat See what time are you knocking off today? You're going to treats ahead of you on Friday after the show?
Speaker 8: I reckon, I'm probably about eight. I'm doing a long haul today because I've got stuff on at school after work, helping out and stuff, so it'd be a long one today.
Speaker 7: Oh good for you, Patty. I was going to have a massage today this afternoon, but I'm going to have to cancel it. Why because I'm doing stand up tonight and tomorrow night, and I'm worried that I'll get two relaxed. I can't be lolling on stage going, oh don't everyone? I just love you guys, go I have to I still need to be testing angry.
Speaker 8: Where are you tonight?
Speaker 7: I'm at the Comics Lounge. Haven't done any gigs there yet, really looking forward to that. We'm going down to the Comics Lounge tonight. It's a good line up tonight. I'll be there tonight and tomorrow night. If you are there tonight tomorrow night, come and saying hi? All right, what timmy are you knocking off? Nine four one, one oh four three? Give us a call. We'll take your calls.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: What do you look into this? Right? You saw Patsy just come beating in here, yep, and I said, it's good of you help out the school. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm not going to say what I'm really doing.
Speaker 7: What she said word for word? When uh, good you hopping out the school? Then all day today?
Speaker 1: Nah? Not?
Speaker 7: What are you doing that? Why did you say that? I don't know because I don't want to tell that. We'll get my legs shaved today. Wax wax?
Speaker 5: Sorry, oh that's so thank you for take all afternoon.
Speaker 7: No, old ladies, you've got to get your legs wax and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: Bit of upkeep.
Speaker 7: All right, it's got one I four point three. It's the Christian O'Connor Reckford Show. Right now we want to tap into Friday. What it's all about the Friday. It's to start the weekend, isn't it when you get out of work? What time do you knock off? We call it knock off Friday on the show. Let's jump on the show, jump on m nine four one four one oh four three? What time are you knocking off today? All right? Up first is all and let's go to you. Cameron, Good morning, good day, How I a I'm good camera this Friday? What time are you knocking off? Mate? About one to one forty five? Nice and precise there one forty five on a minute later? And what are you up to when you knock off? Cameron?
Speaker 16: I'm going back up home and then I'm going to stay screaming.
Speaker 7: Just oh brilliant band? Oh great? Where are they planning killed at the esp all? Yeah, it's a great place now they've redone. It isn't it amazing?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 7: Have you been back since they've reopened it? No, it's awesome. All right, I have a great time, Cameron. Thanks calling the show, buddy. Let's go to we got here Jackie, good morning, good morning. How are you good? Jackie? And I hope you've had a great week. What time are you knocking off?
Speaker 4: Five o'clock?
Speaker 7: Five o'clock and what you're doing when you're knock off and the side there. You've got to get through the whole day until five until knockoff time.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but I'm retiring.
Speaker 7: You're retiring? What today?
Speaker 20: Yep, lass day.
Speaker 7: You're knocking off for the rest of your life.
Speaker 5: What do you do, Jackie?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm a nurse.
Speaker 7: Oh well, amazing. My mum was a nurse for forty three years. You guys are angels. You don't get paid nowhere nearly enough. I hope you really, I hope you really enjoy your retirement. What are you going to be doing at this stage of time.
Speaker 20: I haven't made a great deal of decisions, but I am taking my for and orders to win September.
Speaker 7: Oh great, what a lovely thing to do. And that's a road trip to go and see something spiritual like that. Oh yeah, can't right now tell me this, Jackie? Are you still give me listening to the show, I'm worried now that a retiree, you're not going to get up early in the morning we're.
Speaker 4: Going to do Oh no, you'll still have me.
Speaker 7: That's good news, all right. Well listen, Jackie, enjoy knocking off for the last time today. Good on you, Thank you all right, cheers Jackie.
Speaker 21: How amazing, arch Amen Christian arch is arch short short for Archie or Alfa, a very very regal, great name, great name. What time are you knocking off, arch?
Speaker 7: I'm leading one one thirty and what are you going to be doing? My friend?
Speaker 11: I've got to take two of the chore, very quick one, and then I'm off to the pub for a late lunch.
Speaker 5: What's your charge?
Speaker 11: I'll take mom up to the cemetery, which is a third.
Speaker 7: Ah, you do not so much?
Speaker 5: A yeah, said a chore?
Speaker 7: Come on now, mama's thisen right now. She's got all she's got out of bed early. She's doing her hair right now, and you're calling it are clear in the gutter? Bor old mama? Good on you, though. Do you do this every couple of weeks with your mom?
Speaker 11: Every Friday?
Speaker 3: You do every Friday?
Speaker 11: Yeah, every Friday for the last four years.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 7: And then you you take mom there she I'm guessing she checks the grave and the flowers and he's something there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we like the lantern and clean up a little bit, and then then I'm free to go to the pub.
Speaker 7: You make it sound like you're outside the cemetery with the engine running.
Speaker 11: It's my brother Marriy has fault that I'm used to going to the pub, right.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, thanks for giving us all okay, thanks and you let's go to his mum. Wasn't listening?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning Christian. How I'm good mate. I hope you well as well. What time do you knock off today?
Speaker 18: I'll probably knock off around eight o'clock am?
Speaker 7: Sorry eight am? How come you've been working all night?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: You job?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: I'm Ybriham girls. Is he knocking them off? What's going on? I confuous as a new game on the show? What did you call a? Nick? Just say Nick? We lost you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Sorry?
Speaker 18: So I'm a Sushie delivery driver of all things.
Speaker 7: Ah, I see right for Uber or one of the other ones menu log.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 22: So I just worked for a private company and we seld sushi to you know, schools, and they sell their canteens and businesses in.
Speaker 18: The city school.
Speaker 7: I did not have associate my school.
Speaker 5: Everything in my school cante was deep fried everything. It wasn't even the fruit.
Speaker 7: Deep fried water. So you did have a sous of skulls and then what you do when you knock off? Mate?
Speaker 22: So straight away after a knock up, I'm probably gonna head straight up to officer go camping with my Scout group this weekend.
Speaker 7: All right, you're a Scout leader or squadron leader, whatever you called.
Speaker 4: So no, I'm a rover.
Speaker 18: So that's like the senior Scout sort of level. So that's ages eighteen to twenty six fish.
Speaker 5: Eighteen to twenty scout.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how do you control all them? What do you do is get drunk for the weekend of that age of twenty three year old scout. Squeeze into those shorts knocking on your doors. You know you've got your grass cutting scouts.
Speaker 16: By day.
Speaker 7: They were just little kids. I see sometimes in training some of the things you do surprise me. You've ben coming now here at eighteen.
Speaker 5: It's the hormones in the chicken.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Nick, my bad.
Speaker 18: Since I was really young, myself traveled up through the rain and just go on to the next level.
Speaker 7: Lovely, all right, Nick, have a good time we camping this weekend.
Speaker 18: Thanks very much, have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much. I thought that you had scouts them eighteen to twenty three. Say goodbye to your wife. I just got to go scouting for the weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: God one A four point three Christian O'Connor Backfast Show went to the last two hours of twenty minutes on the last day of Who's Coming Christian? That's fine out. Who's on the line right now? Good morning? Who's this?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 14: There it is, saychic medium John Edward.
Speaker 7: John, Welcome to the show. Good morning, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 14: Good morning.
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Where about in the world are you us from?
Speaker 14: I'm calling you from Madison, Wisconsin in the United States?
Speaker 7: Right? Is that home for you? Are touring?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 14: No, no, I'm I'm on tour actually in the States. Now home is New York Ah.
Speaker 7: Right, hey, listen, thank you very much for giving us a call and doing this. Who do we owe the pleasures to you? How have you heard about this?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 14: I kind of heard about it, and I wanted to give you a call because I'm a supporter of the Australian zo as a wildlife warrior. I love the work that they do, so I thought if I could kind of make this phone call happen who knows what happens, right?
Speaker 7: I used to love your TV show What was it Crossing Over?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 7: So so tell me this, Pats and I does the show with me. We were fascinated by clairvoyance and a mediums people like yourself. Is this something you were born with or is it something you found later on your life that you had this gift?
Speaker 14: Well, I think everybody has it, and I actually try to get people not to use the word gift and look at it more as an ability, and that if more people could look at it as an ability, they could recognize exactly how their loved ones and friends are around them and ironically don't need to go to a medium. But somebody like myself who actually works at it, it's kind of like you develop your ability and it gets stronger because you're working at it. So I have it developed and maybe I have a pre genetic disposition, but I started at the age of fifteen, so I was told by another psychic that I had this ability.
Speaker 7: And then is it easy to move away from it?
Speaker 6: Or is it just there?
Speaker 7: Or the time? Are you hearing voices or being guided or feeling presence?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's the beauty of Hollywood. And TV. It makes people think like you know that you like the kid in the sixth sense, or like we'll be in you know, and goes no, that's that's whole script that. The reality is when you do this work for real, you have to turn yourself like off, gift the power down. So I kind of equate it to being like a surgeon. A surgeon knows their craft, they kind of gawn up and mask, they go into a sterile environment, they do their work, and then when they're done, they're done with it. So for me, when I'm doing a reading, it's like I prepare and meditate, I put myself in the right mind space to be able to actually do the reading, and then when I'm done, I kind of disconnect and power myself down and live a pretty normal life. So I always tell people if if a psychic tells you that they can't turn it off, you're not encountering their psychic ability. You're encountering their detail.
Speaker 7: Right. And so if you're going in so say you go into a shop, right John, and someone's serving you, it's not like something will come to you or a voice and you go this and your nun says, hi, no, I.
Speaker 14: If I want it to happen. It can, so like I have to make the choice to do it. It's like a singer. A person has the ability to sing. If they're walking to the shop, they could sing their order to the person at the shop. They have to make that decision to use their ability to sing. So I would have to use my ability to tune into that person's energy to see if anybody's around them to pass on a message. And I say this openly, I'm not a fan of that because you don't know where somebody is on their journey of grief, and it could do more damage than good. If someone's you know, in the middle of like you know, work, and then you're bringing through a message from someone who recently passed or whatever the scenario is. It the best of intentions could be there, but it could be somewhat disturbing for someone. So I kind of feel like the right time, in the right place for someone.
Speaker 7: And why is when you do live shows, you got you know, a cut, a bunch of people, a couple of thousand people, and you got all those different energies. How does that work?
Speaker 14: So for me, it's a classroom. So when I walk out in front of an audience where there's five people or five thousand, and I've done groups of all the various different sizes. It's a classroom. So I kind of explain my process. I tell people how I receive information, which basically is I see here and feel energy, I interpret in my frame of reference, and then I deliver it like I state it and say this is what I'm getting, and then I usually get a feeling where in the room that it's supposed to go. So I'll say I'm coming to that section, here's what I'm seeing here and feeling can someone validate that?
Speaker 7: That's incredible in my mind, is like some sort of conference call when you get on stage if there's a lot of different voices coming into your head.
Speaker 14: Well, what's really cool is to watch how everything is connected. So by the end of an event, like I could do like five events in a row, and you'll literally see five separate experiences because of the people that come through and each which one is connected. So each reading that happens during the night kind of like as a quilt, and by the end of the night, the quilt is kind of complete, and you can see a theme between the questions that are asked and the people that come through. It's something that I always like. I look back on every event that I do and say, Okay, what was the theme of this, What do I think that people were supposed to get out of it? And then I look at what was I supposed to learn from this specific event? And that's kind of like how I debrief at the end of my nights.
Speaker 7: I'd have to come along and see when he loves shows. So when are you next over in Australia.
Speaker 14: I'm in Australia as often as I possibly can be. I was there for a family vacation in June and I'm coming back October November to do some events. I have a few events around the country.
Speaker 7: All right, now, listen, John, thank you very much to give us a cape. Everyone who cools in there, leave a question for the next celebrity. Your question, John, comes from former eight single powder Finger Bernard Fanning. Is one to do with the Ashes cricket that we're on at the moment. How are this sense of this one trone? Guide you through it?
Speaker 16: Real questive?
Speaker 15: Nith have time before the third test to adjust to wearing a nick guard on his helmet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you? It you're going to need some spirit show how guiding through that question?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm going to need a lot more than spiritual helb. I'm the least sport person in the States that you're going to meet. All I can say is I hope that whoever it was that got injured, if they're not participating in a game, they get a chance to maybe be a broadcaster and kind of take people on the journey in some other way.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 7: So you're saying that Steve Smith is not going to fit for the rest of the Ashes. This is good news. Okay, so terrible news. Forgot what terrible news? We didn't? We need a question from you now.
Speaker 14: John, Sure, I would like to know if the next person believes in the afterlife, and more importantly hopefully they do, who do they want to see when they get there?
Speaker 7: That's a lovely question. Great question. All right, John Edward, thank you very much. We'll see you here in Australia in October. I think you said thanks for giving us a good enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a go one the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Christian, I'm listening to a show Aveley waiting for his Royal Highness Prince Harry to call. I actually wrote a letter to him, well, you know, to his office.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but handwritten letter is going to be the only one that we've heard of to as eleven so far.
Speaker 7: Christian, I hope you will be good enough and game enough to call you would have been a life changing sum for me. Who knows anything could happen. I guess during the next two hours Susan Cartmell, thank you very much, and everyone who's contacted celebrities but it's on Instagram or Twitter and is waiting to see if they do call you the next two hours and four minutes coming up next down, we never know who I be calling on who's calling Christians the last two hours before we announce the top five. Then you pick your winner. We have we've got Beat the Boss. We love doing this on a Friday. Beat the Bosses coming up. We've had to correct quite a few of producer x questions and answers, Otherwise it was going to be answer asking this question. Mount Thomas is the name of the fictional town in which Aussie TV show and then given the answer Mount Thomas. It's Friday everybody the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: I thought when Patsy said we just heard from John Edward, I thought she was going to give us up the business news. According to John Edward, we just heard that the nastac may take a dip. John Edward just passing it on from the other side.
Speaker 5: Or footy tips for the weekend.
Speaker 7: Damn it. We should have asked him. All right then, So we're into the last one hour and fifty four. They're about minutes on. Who's gone Christian? That's the time you got now to get your last ditch efforts to get your celebrities to give us a call. And then at ten o'clock this morning, we've announcing the top five, the top five as picked by us. You then will vote from the top five who you want to be crowned the winner on Monday show to win twenty thousand dollars to say celebrity for the charity their choice and the person who got that celebrity on and this could be you if you get the big one into the next two hours, wins twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. During the next how then Shane Crawford will be with us in the studio. Aims to know and work with David Beckham. We will find it if that's true. Can he get him on the show by ten am? Has he been keeping him in his back pocket? And once the big moment? And also will Russell crowe give us a call. He's here in Melbourne, was at the Boomers game last night, not very happy about the the lack of a great view as well from the seats, like a lot of other people who were there. So nine four one four one four three. That's the number. Your last chance, last person to try and get your celebrities to give us a call this morning before ten am. Coming up next for what we do know what's coming up next, We've got Beat the Boss, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: It is time for this Beat on the Boss, Beat all the Boss, Beat on the bus again all day. Oh yeah, oh yeah. Apologies to yourmone family and the state of course. All right, they're trying to play beat on the Boss. You take on your boss. If you beat the boss, you get to go home right now, start your weekend. You knock off at ten past steak. If the boss wins, though, they get bragging rights and we give them twenty seconds to blow the business on the show. All right, First of all, let's meet the employee this morning, Kerry, Good.
Speaker 20: Morning, Good morning, Christin. How are you going?
Speaker 7: I'm good? Carry How are you feeling this morning? You ready?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 20: This is where I say happy Friday. And I have not put my uniform on. I have got my jeans and a tough one because I know I'm going straight home.
Speaker 7: I love this. I love the positive thinking. And tell me, Kerry, what do you guys do?
Speaker 20: We work for sales. Think so, we're a brokeraach and we promote and help the growth of sales for products like thoroughly. We do Bunderberg trumps tell food.
Speaker 7: So listen, beat you starting to do your job. Don't forget. You don't have to do your job yet, right, you need the boss of listening? Okay, okay, and tell me about the boss. Is this someone you reckon? Be a pushover? You better beat them? Oh?
Speaker 20: Absolutely, absolutely sounds on. I think the last conversation we had, you're all painting mine and I know you're going to whip my so anyway, I'm pretty confident. How about you, Jimmy Boy.
Speaker 7: There you go. Let's get Jimmy Boy on now. Good morning Jimmy Boy, James the Boss, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Morning Christian Hellio.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty good mate. Well that is a live why you've got there?
Speaker 12: And Kerry right, certainly is.
Speaker 7: And now listen, James, already you sound nervous? Are you going to be? Okay?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: So who issued the challenge?
Speaker 4: Was it you?
Speaker 7: James has been challenged by Kerry? I'm getting it, certainly was right? Okay, So where we stay with James? James goes No, let's say carry first, Kerry. We're going to go with you first, okay, okay, So that way puts even more pressure on the boss. Absolutely all right, you get three questions, Kerry, good luck, thank you? All right. First question, they've just announced another Matrix film. What number will this be?
Speaker 12: Three?
Speaker 7: So now you've done three, it's going to be number four? That's okay. You got two more? You got two more? Okay, all right, everything's still to play for. Second question, who co starred with Keanu Reeves in the nineteen ninety one movie Point Break? Do you remember Point Break? Big movie in the nineties.
Speaker 20: Now I'm Auntie Youngster. Christian. No, No, I've got no idea.
Speaker 7: To a legend. Been in many great movies.
Speaker 5: I guess, just guess a great actor.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm no longer with us.
Speaker 4: Nice Robert Williams.
Speaker 5: No would be a great film, though.
Speaker 7: It was Patrick Swayze, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 20: Okay, yeah, all right?
Speaker 7: Last question. You really have to get this right. Be working all day, all right.
Speaker 20: Week and weekend?
Speaker 7: You what year did spandau Ballet release their album? True? This is tough. I'm going to be in that question.
Speaker 12: True.
Speaker 7: No, That's why I picked another question. Who is the guitarist in you two? Name the guitarist in you two? You know the band you two? What's the guitarist call? He's always wearing that little cap.
Speaker 20: No, I'm going to have to pass on that. Christian, I don't. I really don't know that one.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what. It's a monumental collapse today. Oh no, arrest the wrong button? Oh no, you got nothing, absolutely zero. So however, though we don't know how James is going to do if James gets zero as well, somehow you go to you both go into the tie break.
Speaker 12: So James Christian, why do I feel like there's more pressure now that she's got nothing?
Speaker 7: You're just gonna get one. You're gonna be okay, Okay, more pressure?
Speaker 20: Could you should have gone first?
Speaker 2: James?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 12: I love your questions?
Speaker 7: All right, James? You ready?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 7: All right? What year was Neighbours first broadcast on TV? When was Neighbours first aired on TV?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 12: Jay was absolutely Guests nineteen eighty seven?
Speaker 7: Okay, no, nineteen eighty five. How many Harry Potter movies have there been so far?
Speaker 16: I will say five.
Speaker 7: You're gonna go with five? Yep. At the moment, we're on track for the tie break to two. Cio zero's last question, Vogue was the number one song in the nineties by which singer Madonna? James, you are the winner, James, get.
Speaker 20: To work, Kerry Carrie, I'm going to go home and put my uniform on now.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Carry, you've lost the boss won this week?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: Not good?
Speaker 11: Not a good day.
Speaker 7: A music question, Kerry, absolutely an old question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you guys got one from six out of the out of the two of you, so it doesn't look good for sales Australia.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay, So listen, you won, James, so now only get their bragging rights as the boss, you also get twenty seconds to plug your business. Uh here you go, off you go.
Speaker 18: Thank you Ackley.
Speaker 12: At sales Link, we specialize in offering our suppliers representation in the field. We offer a full.
Speaker 23: Service account management service, field representation, merchandising layouts all within the grocery, pharmacy, hardware and auto channels. So if your business needs a dedicated sales team, the cover the nation, give sales what you call.
Speaker 7: Thanks, Well, there's your well done buddy. Enjoy the bragging, right, It's okay, tough luck, carry tough luck carry all right, well done, guys, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho'connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: All right, just find out who's on the line now eight twenty eight Gold one four point three. Good morning. Who's calling Christian? Who's this good?
Speaker 19: More than Christian? It's Cat Stewart here. I'm calling on behalf of the Magical Getaway Foundation, which I'm an ambassador for.
Speaker 24: Right, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good? Well, thank you very much for giving us a cool cat. I would have seen you in Offspring.
Speaker 19: Oh, I'm impressed.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 7: When I was doing my research before I moved out here last year, my wife and I started to watch Offspring. We thought some advanced kind of reading material, starting to get to know this city watching that. I'm not sure what I learned from watching it. Listen.
Speaker 19: It's a good show case for Melbourne. There was lots of Melbourne in it, which is nice.
Speaker 7: Listen, thank you very much for giving us a call. So where are you now? Are you here in Melbourne or what are you? I mean?
Speaker 10: I'm in Melbourne.
Speaker 19: My three year old not well. She's home from kinder so I've put her on the iPad so I'm hoping she doesn't need you act. Anything good happen.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's nature, he isn't it the iPad?
Speaker 19: Thank God for the iPad. So yeah, you may hear from her later on. But yeah, I'm home from Melbourn. I've been filming something I can't really talk about. But a friend of mine who's involved with this charity asked me to get involved last year and I was thrilled too, because I thought it was such a great idea. The Magical Getaway Foundation provide holidays for families that are under intense strain bit financial or it's often medical. You know people at Need twenty four our medical care and they if they've never had a holiday ever, they get them and the kids away for a few days and it's the opportunity for the family to kind of build some positive memories because these are families that are, you know, under intense, diabolical kind of hardship. And it's sort of a part of a thing that's really big in Europe. You might have come across it called social tourism. It's that idea of getting disadvantaged families kind of in the community and outside of their usual environment, and it's been really successful overseas. And Magical Getaway Foundation of the first charity that's kind in Australia. Yeah, it's lovely.
Speaker 7: Oh good on you for supporting that can. Now let's encounter. I don't know if you know too much about how this works, but as various people give us a call and have called over the last week and a half, they'd even question for the next person, yours comes from this spiritual clairvoint John Edward, have you ever watched Crossing Over?
Speaker 19: I love John Edward?
Speaker 7: Yes, that's good, isn't it. Yeah, he called us about an hour ago, and he's left this question for you.
Speaker 14: I would like to know if the next person believes in the afterlife, and more importantly, who do they want to see when they get there.
Speaker 7: You've got a big question. I mean, a couple of days ago we had stripes of yes or no from Corey Feldman. Now we're getting into the after life life from your kitchen.
Speaker 19: Well, I came to the much bit your morning that I anticipated.
Speaker 7: Wait, issues we debate on this show cat God.
Speaker 19: Okay, I would say I do, Actually I do, and I don't know. It's just a kind of instinctive thing. My mom died three years ago and I often hear that her No one knows.
Speaker 10: It's all good.
Speaker 19: I often sense her around, and she would be the person I'd want to see on the other side.
Speaker 7: First up, definitely, that's a lovely answer. And so what do you sense her around some weeks or just like a presence as it were, just.
Speaker 19: Around her anniversary? Particularly, I found a necklace of her on her first anniversary and it was just so weird because I'd looked everywhere for it and it just turned up.
Speaker 7: Doesn't Doesn't that give you great comfort? That she you still have a kind of relationship with her.
Speaker 19: Absolutely, Yeah, yeah, absolutely, And I like that idea. That, yeah, that I like that idea. And that's not something I've really thought about before I lost someone close to me. But I think it's Yes, it's very comforting. This this has got very deep.
Speaker 7: Yes, Friday morning. And are you in your kitchen? It sounds like you're trying to do lots of different stuff. You're a mum as well as well as a LOGI when I see you're busy there, you're in the kitchen right now.
Speaker 19: How did you know?
Speaker 14: Yes, I'm in the kitchen.
Speaker 20: It's been busy, busy with you know, this time a year.
Speaker 19: I don't know about daycare. Everyone seems to have the plague at the moment.
Speaker 7: But now, yeah, there's something, isn't it. I don't know what. It's the changing of the season, so we get ready for spring and summer. All right, But listen, you're busy, and you're very kind to give us a call Teils about a great chouity. We need one last thing from you. A question doesn't have to be about big waiting matters like the afternoon. Any question you want cap for the next person who we might be lucky enough.
Speaker 19: To get a call from well springing on from Magical Getaway Foundation. I would like to ask the next person their best childhood holiday.
Speaker 7: Man, Wow, great question. And Cat, what's your best one then? When you were growing up? Because you are you from Melbourne?
Speaker 19: I'm from Gallant for Melbourne, but I grew up in country Victoria. But we had we shared a holiday kind of shack really with some cousins, and so we had like three bedrooms and outside toilettle black and white TV and about twenty people on the floor and I just loved it. It was chaotic and fantastic. So I kind of remember those summer holidays.
Speaker 7: Is again good times, all right, and lovely to talk to you. I hope your little three year old gets better over the weekend.
Speaker 19: Oh thanks, Christian, all right, take care.
Speaker 7: That's according Cat's Stewart.
Speaker 1: Bye bye the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: The smell of the testosterone and then the overpowering after shape and much do you think he coached himself before he comes in?
Speaker 5: Well, it's good to see you not in a blazer and not in that fishing jacket that you wear every week.
Speaker 7: Shane Crawford is in with us again.
Speaker 13: Jack a man of style, have a little year and I am casual today you having you go with me about my style.
Speaker 7: Very very smart today.
Speaker 13: Well I don't shower, so I just put after shave on.
Speaker 7: Right, okay, but very smart. You've got a beautiful check jacket kind of thing you get if you're going to bingo or from a paddle boat steamer in the nineteen fifty owner of a paddle boat steamer from the nineteen fifty.
Speaker 13: Now she's going to a meeting. Oh, very important.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just with myself, all right, So listen. You really excited us that you're going to get David Beckham today. So thank you so much for getting David Beckham on how does it work?
Speaker 13: Then I knew this was going to come because you know what, I've tried a bit.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 13: I thought, okay, come on, contribute, do something for the show. Okay, come on.
Speaker 25: So I've pushed, and I've pushed so much so that they've said please stop calling. So I've struggled there and I was listening the other day and I'm thinking, oh, they're going to come at me because they're going to really need lift because I heard doctor Carl and I thought, oh, we're scraping at the barrel.
Speaker 7: But this is a guy who's recently on postcards, so I actually sorry. Postcard presents a steamboat Willie.
Speaker 13: I then put in another call. I said, ye, whether we really need to lift a bit? And she's a very good man.
Speaker 25: Do you know his wife makes his own shirts. Doctor Carl, he had him on kids WB once. He's a very fascinating man.
Speaker 7: He was a great man.
Speaker 13: So anyway here he is, No, he's not. I couldn't get ahold of him. I haven't come through. I've really let you down.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry about three weeks ago you came in here and you bought your financial advisory Alan or Adam, and you guys talking about how your mutual friends of David Beckham.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and do you know what?
Speaker 25: I think our friendship's drifting because he hasn't been returning calls.
Speaker 13: His management don't want anything to do.
Speaker 7: With me, and this is embarrassing. You're a connected man, right listeners, have my actually get James Gordon.
Speaker 25: You know I've actually got hem's worth amazing. I've been tuning in to me incredible, Doctor Carl. Yeah, dropped a bit, but then you've lifted it up on other days. But this is, this is what I've done for you. I said, Okay, come on, I need to lift I need everyone.
Speaker 7: By Frankly, he's got Buddy Franklin on huge weekend for Buddy.
Speaker 13: I think Buddy Franklin's just shut it right down.
Speaker 25: So yeah, no, I've been very disappointing, and I feel very disappointed for the listeners as well. Although I was thinking about David Beckham. Even if I was, I managed to get it done, it's pretty boring.
Speaker 13: He wouldn't give you what you want.
Speaker 7: You know, we're filming this online.
Speaker 13: He's boring as a joke.
Speaker 7: I'm interview.
Speaker 25: He's an interesting, charming because he's a very beautiful man. Yeah yeah, but I've heard some of your amazing calls and there's been so much there's been so much life to them, so much fun.
Speaker 7: Did you think David would create that? Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 13: I'm just so that you can't get top five.
Speaker 25: I think you'd been your top five, maybe your top twenty, just behind doctor.
Speaker 7: Cal All right, so just so we understand what's happening here, you've come in here with nothing. We've had listeners entering this. We've got fifty three celebrities.
Speaker 13: Fifty three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've got this as a zero by your name.
Speaker 25: Can I just say that I've come in with some AFL awards that I've put together, so if you want to go through some of those, that's what I'm contributing today.
Speaker 7: All right, okay, we do, We're clear the at break You've got five minutes to get famous person.
Speaker 13: I'm going to get on.
Speaker 7: Get that phone out.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Sad scenes during that song you're just trying to put a call through the James Hurd even herd. He's not taking cross of course.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 13: No, it hasn't been good.
Speaker 7: Tough, No doctor Carl, No, Buddy Franklin, Buddy Franklin.
Speaker 21: No.
Speaker 13: Joice the real people people I went to school with, people.
Speaker 7: Not Spider again.
Speaker 5: From Spider, I just didn't even try, like we were taken. Cram's call me.
Speaker 25: Real people anywhere who wants to travel first class when they go anywhere?
Speaker 7: Now the meaning at the beginning of the year, our first last travel come up from the jungle. You you're no man. The people not dressed but dressed like that, and I needed lots of it.
Speaker 13: I didn't need in that bloody place.
Speaker 7: All right, let's talk this weekend's footy, then some big games, big one tonight for the Bombers. Why didn't you share what you were just share with us in the studio. This is an interesting take on tonight's can you could.
Speaker 25: Be playing each other and I'm predicting. I know you had the mind reader on earlier.
Speaker 5: John, yep, as everybody knows him.
Speaker 7: I know John.
Speaker 25: John crossing over with John does a great jo John Edward, Yes, yep, he's right up there with doctor Carr.
Speaker 13: Now this is what I reckon.
Speaker 25: I'll happened Colleine. It will take on Essendon in two weeks time. So I think this is what Esendon are doing, very very smart. They've decided to rest Heppel and Stringer who's a really really important player, and a few others who have been good players, get them ready to go in two weeks time because it's all about finals. Now they've made the final. It was a fantastic win against Freemantle last week. That's all they needed to do. They're playing Bell Chambers who needs to have a hit out in the ruck. He'll play on Grundy, so it's a good fitness run for him. They bring back hooker who's a very good player down back for them and can play in the forward line. So I think tonight Esendon are just bowling around, just having a little trot. Won't be playing any key players on players or giving Collingwood end what they're going to do in two weeks time. Whereas colling you've got to win. Colling We've got to win because there's still a top four chance and that's premiership glory. If you can make the top four gives you a double chance and every chance of possibly holding up that Premiership cup. So tonight collingand are going to be on. Esendon are just going to try and get competitive and get through the game. So I think Collingwood will win convincingly.
Speaker 5: Jack And does John Worsfold say that to the team? What you're saying, Hey, we're just going to bubble around and it doesn't matter if you win.
Speaker 25: Not know, they're bringing in some young kids, some good enthusiasm, great exposure playing against a good side on a big night. But tonight is all about trying to get the best out of them. But playing games run, yes, so load up on the pies.
Speaker 7: You reckon, so.
Speaker 13: Launch into the pies.
Speaker 7: Yes, just go and then go big on the pies. Okay, So tomorrow got the Hawks are taking on West Coast.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the Hawks will be competitive, but I think West Coast will win at home.
Speaker 7: Roughie been dropped from that.
Speaker 13: He's been dropped out six the weekend.
Speaker 7: That's harsh.
Speaker 13: He's probably the first person ever to be dropped after kicking six.
Speaker 5: Well, how many do you have to kick?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 25: His teammates were kicking the ball to him when normally they would be kicking it's probably another teammate, so that obviously helped in a way.
Speaker 13: But it was a great sendoff. So but I think West Coast will win.
Speaker 25: Richmond Brisbane is going to be the game's going to be.
Speaker 13: An absolute beauty.
Speaker 25: Grimes still and Grimes for Richmond is a very important player, and he'll play on a player like Charlie Cameron, who's on fire, kicking a lot of goals and probably the best small forward in the game at the moment.
Speaker 13: However, I'm not sure he'll play. He's named in the side.
Speaker 25: He hurt his ankle and you just don't want to take a risk with the player like that, so I'm feeling he may be out. So that's an advantage for Brisbane, especially if they can get some space in their forward line. So I still think Richard could win, and I still think Richard will win the flag. However, wouldn't surprise me if Brisbane give them a real run for their money. And I'm loving the Western Bulldogs. They're in red hot form. If they can win, they'll make the finals and I think that's a great story. So looking forward to this rounds of footy. It's fantastic. And as for your d's I forget tying down in Tasmania.
Speaker 7: I regon that show you what, isn't it? Yeah, North Melbourne jump on.
Speaker 25: The ship because you can get down to Antarctica from there and maybe that's where they can start their appreciation.
Speaker 7: All right, So we look forward to David Beckham corning in the next last South who's calling.
Speaker 13: Christian if not Cram from Spider Bake, great.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much and you've got a paddle voat that is waiting for you right now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three, all right down to last. As perats, he was just saying, we are down and actually done. Last fifty five minutes. He reached the deadline. Ten am off, who's calling Christian? Then we're going to announce the top five. You then vote for your winner and tune in Monday morning to find out who that is. So what we wait and see who calls in and last, could we get Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, whoever you want to go and try and get on the show nine four one four one o four three. Good luck in the meantime, because it's all been about chating to various celebrities. Ruin a celebrity? Is today's that work time waster? I've got well, I am Shatner. That's good, lazy Michael Caines, it's a drunk Michael Kane and oh dear, this is a terrible one. Euretha Franklin.
Speaker 8: I said that once when I back announced as a young job in the country.
Speaker 5: You should have seen the lines line up that were horrifying. Yep, And that was Euretha Franklin.
Speaker 7: See, you already started inventing the outwork time where I start reckon with they even know.
Speaker 5: I didn't know you're a music jock, Pats, are you announced the whole It's.
Speaker 7: Pretty clear when she does those hints sometimes with the song that's going to be repeated, that you can tell that's to the touch of the djil.
Speaker 8: Twinkle in my eyes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: I was kind of really hoping we would get a celebrity at nine seven so that I didn't have to go through these, But this is kind of my worst offering of the year. Ruin a Celebrity Drew Barry Moron, George Clueless, Look, Jenniferry Connolly and Russell Bland.
Speaker 7: At CRA twenty nineteen nominee Newcomer of the Year. All right, send us yours. What's just Evan? I didn't want to look at you right now? Starts seeing a car accident at the side of the road. Oh god, it's a wreckage. No one can drag him out. Oh four seven five three one oh four three. Ruin a Celebrity.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Last forty five minutes of Who's Calling Christian Gold? One oh four point three. Let's find out who's on the line. Now takes us to number fifty five. Good morning, who's calling Christian?
Speaker 4: Hi Christian? This is Lucy Lawless calling zena ck xinaa. It runs through my mind that you might go, who the hell's best?
Speaker 7: No, no too, I'm watching you in at the moment as well as Billions. That's a great show. Yeah, billions, Yeah, so Xena, Who's Yeah, it's a great show. You're terrifying in that.
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 7: Do you take him back? Can you please tell me? I don't like you two being apart?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take him back? What the hell?
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's adorable?
Speaker 7: Who's asked you to give us a call?
Speaker 4: I am calling on behalf of nature Australia because they're doing great work in that big, hot, dry continent and we want to save the reef and we want Australia to do well. So I'm calling for them.
Speaker 7: And whereabouts you are you? Are you here in Australia or where in the world are you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: I'm actually in Boston, Massachusetts.
Speaker 7: Are you filming out there?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 7: Are you filming out there?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I am doing a bit of voice work. Actually, I've got all of a sudden, I've got this crazy little career that sort of started up doing voice for animation and yeah, I don't know how this happened, but it's really.
Speaker 7: Fun, fantastic. And did I read the other day? It was in the Age or something the weekend a couple of weeks ago they were talking about some new detective show you're in and this one Aren't you Baking?
Speaker 4: I'm baking. It's called My Life Is Murder? And I kind of like sixy Miss Marple meets six in this videos Melbourne.
Speaker 7: That's quiet.
Speaker 4: You never thought you were going to hear that, did you? But this marble gets sixy with it.
Speaker 7: All right? And how this works? In every celebrity that gives us a call, they leave a question for the next person, and this is your question. Okay, how have I listened to this?
Speaker 19: I would like to ask the next person their best childhood holiday memory.
Speaker 7: My best childhood holiday memory?
Speaker 4: Oh being a ah as a little girl, You'd get in the car and you drive this is this is such a crap best memory because you'd sit in the car for six hours and drive up to Grandma's place and it would be hot, and you'd fall asleep and the and the and wake up and be surrounded by like cowels on the road or something. But those are the good times. You'd stop for ice cream. Think, I think ice cream on a hot day as a child was was my best best time with the family.
Speaker 7: Also, also when you was to drive for holidays and now there was no air corning cars as well, so ice cream was the only way is to beg for ice cream, to pull over of ice cream? Do you only way to keep calm? Do you remember we used to get in your dad's car and baking hot, the steering wheel and all the seats faux leather seats have burned the back of your legs. You'd be stuck to the back seat.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I do, I remember they're not being seatbelts.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 4: Kids would be jumping over you know who's turn on the front seat and you're just walking jump up on the bench seat, right, kids falling asleep and getting right in the bag of the corfumes coming up through the ute or something, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, and Cat, what's sorry? Lucy? What's the question for the next celebrity from you?
Speaker 4: My question would be what is your greatest extreme?
Speaker 7: That's a great question. What is yours? Lucy Lords, what's your greatest extravagance. You must be still getting some money from that Zena right, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get like seventeen cents for episode every two years or something. So my great extravagance on seventeen cents per episode would be like a nice little tram ticket around Melbourne when I'm working there. I love you tram travel, train travel. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 7: What are you doing with all your money? You've been like that, You've done it, You've had a great career and your biggest I don't believe you whatsoever. Woman's greatest extravagance is not traveling on the tram in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Trains. Well, I was just saying that my residuals are so poultry anyway. You were just making me realize that I really can't afford you.
Speaker 7: No one.
Speaker 4: I dream of tesla's and things, but I'm you don't need one in some cities in Aussie because they've got fantastic six transits. That's yeah, No travel would be my greatest sixtravagance.
Speaker 7: Great, Okay, well listen, we're up against things. We're into the last forty minutes as a competition. Thank you very much. For supporting it. All right, thank you very much and give us a call. Have a great weekend, Lucy Lawlas, all right bye.
Speaker 1: Hey the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: All right, let's find it. He's taking us up to fifty six celebrities on. Who's calling Christian? So we're into the last thirty two minutes. Good morning, who's calling Christian?
Speaker 16: Hi Christian, it's Kevin Sheedy here. How are you?
Speaker 14: Wow?
Speaker 7: A legend, A legend on the line, Kevin Sheedy, Thank you so much?
Speaker 16: Oh any legend in my own mirror?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 7: Nah, come on, you're not the so Alex Ferguson of forty What a run you had with the Bomber's incredible?
Speaker 16: Yes, look I've had a charm laugh a bit in the spawning field. But love my country and obviously love the radio shows and to great opportunity and I do to have a chat with you and and listen to what you're doing, which is good.
Speaker 7: Oh well that means a lot coming from you and who's asked you to work. Give us a call.
Speaker 16: Look, I made it mind. Jackie Austin from Mother the warrenderte the Footy Club said look, you're going to get into this. It's a great show, and he loves it, and so I go, well why not? Why would I give you ring? Particularly when you're talking about charities and helping people and.
Speaker 7: What is the charity you're calling on behalf of, because I know you do a lot of work for different charities.
Speaker 16: Well, the Bravery Trust is a trust that gives to the men and women that when they come back from the war zones today and they need immediate help because we've just lost too many men and women in suicide and they don't get killed over there, they actually take their lives here in Marburne and so forth and in Australia. So I really have an ambassador of that. I love the opportunity to help with and I think that most people would.
Speaker 7: It's a great cause as well. It's very very sad. Same in England as well, though I think I read the other day one in four people who are homeless are ex military and they have such a tough time being taken back into society. But we've served the country, so good for you, Ken, that's amazing, that's all.
Speaker 16: I love working in the areas of defenseex while we created Anzac Dage. I'm make sure that he's an awareness out there for everybody that's been in our military, Army, Navy and Air Force.
Speaker 7: Now tell me this, when you're obviously you're you know, you're still obviously a footy fan. You love the game. When you're watching the games over the weekend, are you yetting at the screen the screens if you're stood a coach, or are you able now to be relaxed because you're not involved so heavily.
Speaker 16: I know I'm pretty well relaxed. My last game I went to was over in Perth on the weekend this and then played free Mental and I worked a couple of days at the club a week and so I flew back in from Broom, went to the game and went around the whole of the ground having photos with all the Bomber fans that turned up, and I could believe it. So we got a truck load of photos and to me, it was just good to see them. They're supporting us. We had to win the game to make sure in the finals. And then I went on next door to the Optus oval or Stadium, i should say, and then went to Tony Bahadar and it's about five hundred Bomber fans here and we just had photos all on.
Speaker 7: Ah, good on you. It's great that you're so proud of the club as well. Now Jack posted does the show with me is a is a big Bombers fan, and I can see there his eyes are lits up in the studio that you're on.
Speaker 5: So Jack, well, it is a thrill for me to have you on. Kevin, you coached the Bombers my entire life and I still remember as a ten year old coming down the Windy Hill training sessions and I have your autograph somewhere on a mini footy from when I was that age, and I was really sad to see you go in the late two thousands and Bomb, I mean, the Bombers really have been in the dark since you left as a coach.
Speaker 16: We're building up again, mate. We saw nineteen thousand, four hundred members this year. We've got eighty four thousand and a half members at the moment, so we're really at the greatest peak off the field that we can be and we're just building a team in the finals, which has been fantastic for John Warsaw the Boys. Anything can happen tonight and of course and the follow a week when we're in there in the final. So I'm looking forward to it, and I've no doubt they're resting one or two blocks to make sure they're ready for that first final in a week's time.
Speaker 7: I love that you sound like you're still the coach, doesn't it she do you sound like you're still there, but you are still the club still means everything to you, right well?
Speaker 16: I at for wrestling when I was a kid, So I mean if if you have a dream that you actually ended up being in Bold in footy, I love playing for Richmond. I went to a riffic club for me. But if you're a ten year old kid and you've got the coach the club that you actually buried for for twenty seven years, you would have to take you lucky.
Speaker 7: And tell me this. I've just had a quick google while you're on Do you have some like an award winning rose or something? Have you got an amazing rose garden?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 16: No, I love a garden. I've got an English guard outside and I've got a fillibonging pool inside the pill fence obviously, so I'm a bit of a gardener. Yeah, I love my garden and I toured around and Australia and looking at different parts of the world in gardens in particular. And every time my son Sam or my daughters go out, I want to take photos of other people's gardens.
Speaker 5: So which suburbs of Melbourne?
Speaker 7: Who's caught your eye?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 16: The best property in Victoria is a botanic gardens. It's no doubt about that. I mean I tell people. I tell people from all around the world and all around Sydney where I live. For when I was building, the giants said, if you ever go to Melbourne, you go the Botanical Hotel for a nice little Seve Blanc and then you walk down through the gardens and then you walk across the bridge and go to the museum at the mcg. Now that is a beautiful day.
Speaker 7: I've done that walk is that is beautiful? Actually, it's really really nice down there. That's great. I reckon, there's a TV show in Sheety's hanging baskets of Melbourne.
Speaker 16: I love your problems.
Speaker 7: Now listen the way this works. Then all the people that we've been lucky enough like you to a call from telling us about these amazing charities and causes, they leave a question for the next person. And your question comes from Lucy Lawless and this is her question for you. Have a listen to this. This is your question.
Speaker 4: Is your greatest extravagance?
Speaker 7: What is your greatest extravagance?
Speaker 16: Race horses? Now?
Speaker 7: Is that an extravagance or is that a loss?
Speaker 16: Well, it's both. Look you never know. It's like a raffle ticket, isn't it. Just say, well, let's see if we can find a good horse. And I'm getting involved in the in the Everest race before the million dollar race because they've just made me the ambassador for the Nullin Racing Club, which is Corfield and saying down. So the last race a week before the magnificent prize of fourteen million dollars in Sydney call the Everest is a Sclachi stakes and the winner of that we take that horse up the Cydny to see if we can go in that race and win it. So that's just a pretty good fun time.
Speaker 7: And what's the question we can get from you?
Speaker 16: Where did your career start? That's the most important for the nixt person. Where did they find what they want to do and love in their life?
Speaker 7: Brilliant? All right, We listen. Kevin Sheedy has been a joy to speak to you on the show today. I think you made a lot of people very happy. Listen to the show right now. I hope they Bombers win tonight. You got big game against the Pies. But for now, I hope we get to speak to you again. Thank you very much for giving us a call. Have a great one game.
Speaker 16: Thank Jackie Austin too for making sure I did it.
Speaker 7: Thank you all right, Cheers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it came across the radio, but there was a little tear in your eye.
Speaker 5: But I did notice.
Speaker 7: Them. But it was lovely. He means so much to you as a Bombers fan and the club do. But to get a legend like Sheedy on there on Who's Calling Christian? I could tell what it meant to it was. It was lovely, It was great and.
Speaker 5: I think for all footy fans. I mean he transformed the game really with bringing in Anne zac Day, bringing in dream Time of the g incredible.
Speaker 7: What a legacy that he has made for the game as well. And then who knew as patst mentioned to me a while ago that was into his roses. I thought she was giving me another one of her bumstairs. This one was actually true. Now we've got some voicemails, obviously because we've just been chatting to Sheedy and we're into the last eighteen minutes of Who's calling Christian. Then were going to announce our top five. Then you start to vote for your winner. This one, says David Beckham.
Speaker 5: I'll believe it when I hear it.
Speaker 13: Get a Christian, it's David Beckham.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry, is this some comedy from Shane Crawl. You know we don't need time wasters, but if he's made this comedy, Oh, get a Christian.
Speaker 9: It's David Beckham.
Speaker 13: Oh sorry, can you just yes?
Speaker 7: Can you bath the kids?
Speaker 9: Thank you very much, Christian. Oh Carl, I just wanted to say my very cool friend Chying Crawford wanted me to give you a call. But I'll see you're very busy. So anyway, all the very best, okay.
Speaker 15: By.
Speaker 5: Terrible yes, so many ways.
Speaker 7: He Key doesn't know David Beckham. His kids are all growth, they're sort of eighteen and sixteen.
Speaker 1: I'm in baths and being paid by posts Spice The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 7: Who's gone in Christian? We're into the last twelve minutes.
Speaker 5: One number of way up to fifty seven?
Speaker 7: Wow, okay, let's find out who is number fifty eight? Good morning? Who's calling Christian? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Good Ice Streay Bradbury heresy first Winter Olympic gold medalist.
Speaker 6: Ha.
Speaker 7: So you went all around the world, do you Winter Olympics where they all got wiped out and you got your gold? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Correct?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 12: It was about four years ago and have been a few more.
Speaker 7: What Winter Olympics was that? It was in the two thousands, if I remember right.
Speaker 12: It was in Salt Lake City in the States.
Speaker 7: And are they making how come they've never made a movie about there was such an amazing moment that went all around the world and everyone was talking about it.
Speaker 15: You might have done a little googling, have you, Christian jumped?
Speaker 7: I just I just remember reading a while ago about the thing again it came up.
Speaker 15: I think, Yeah, it's in the pipeline, mate. The script has been written and the budget phase at the moment, so hopefully it makes it into cinemas in about two years time.
Speaker 7: And who's asked you to give us a call.
Speaker 15: I've been asked to call by Rosemary Tea from the Magical Getaway Foundation.
Speaker 7: Uh, we had someone on, Cat Stewart had Cat Stewart was talking about that, saying, what an amazing charity is helping our families get a break.
Speaker 15: Plara and I are both the ambassadors for the Magical Getaway Foundation helping families in need holidays.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's a fantastic charity. And right, okay, so we're in the last twelve minutes, so you're calling in right in the last throes of this. The last person that was on was legendary Fuddy Coke Kevin Sheedy, and he's left this question which will now.
Speaker 15: Be for you.
Speaker 16: Where did your career start?
Speaker 7: All right? So where did your career stay?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 15: Wow, that's deep, isn't it. Well, my career as a space day started in my head when I watched a Japanese gate the last name Kawasaki, break the world record at the first international competition I went to a long time ago, and I was fifteen. As the resume for the Australian team and the grandstand and I watched him do that, and I thought I'm.
Speaker 16: Going to do that too.
Speaker 7: And what's your question for us?
Speaker 12: Question is what is your favorite hobby?
Speaker 7: What is your favorite hobby? And do you have a favorite hobby, what do you get up to.
Speaker 15: I'm a keen tennis player.
Speaker 12: These days, I enjoy a bit of surfing.
Speaker 15: But one of the weird things that I used to ride on my bio form was my favorite hobby was sleeping.
Speaker 7: All right, well, listen, thank you very much for giving us a call right in the last sort of ten to twelve minutes of this. I have a great weekend, Thanks for corning. Who's calling Christian?
Speaker 14: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 7: By all right, we're into last ten minutes nine four one four, one oh four to three. Then we're going to announce our top five.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 7: Three every day this week. In this hour, we've had an incidence with you, Pats and really no, she's been coloring in her coffee cup. It's got little.
Speaker 8: Ridges and I like to put the texture the marker down at.
Speaker 7: Right at the moment.
Speaker 5: Is it because we said you can't play with your phone during the ninety Oh.
Speaker 7: No, no, she's still be doing that again today, I saw her looking at some more dresses. I wasn't looking at what were you looking at? I was good.
Speaker 5: I was looking at my emails.
Speaker 7: Oh that's okay, that's right. Yeah. By the way, in the last hour, we had Lucy Lawlas song right, and I said, hey, great in Billions. She's not in Billions.
Speaker 5: I believe you. I'm actually watching Billions from the start.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought she must come in a later episode.
Speaker 7: How polite of her, though, she should have just said I'm not in that show. But she went, oh yeah. They even said kindly, very proud of Billions. And then I didn't leave it there. I said, oh, does he come back? Do you take him back? She goes, yeah, whatever, Yeah, it cones back. Not in Billions, someone else Lawless.
Speaker 5: I will say it's in billion. The actress who plays Damian Lewis's wife in Billions does look a little like a younger Lucy Lawless.
Speaker 7: And exactly when you're on the radio, it's all all welds in, doesn't it. You're in the dark, we're in the dart doing the radio. We're just in the darkened room.
Speaker 5: Her name is back to coloring in your mug Marlon Ackerman is in Billions, not Lucy Lawless.
Speaker 7: Look, all I could say is I've done a lot of interviews at some point it was always going to happen, and I guess it happened to be in the last hour while Wile Wiels came off. Right, we've got an outbreak here. And then when we come back, unless we hear from anybody else on Who's goning Cushion, we're going to announcing the top five. Then online it will all open up for you to vote. From the top five. You will pick the winner Monday morning at am announcing who's going to have won the first ever Who's Calling Christian? Who gets the twenty thousand dollars for charity and who gets the twenty thousand dollars for getting them on. But of course there is still four minutes left.
Speaker 1: The Christian who' connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: That's it, It's done and done. It is over. The first ever Who's Calling Christian is now over. So before we announce the top five, and we want to say thank you very much to everyone who's tried to make this work. So many of you have contacted celebrity. Some have replied, some haven't replied, Some have promised you they may or may not call. I'm sorry that they didn't all call. But the big thing from us is we have been overwhelmed. That is the only word I can use right now, overwhelmed by the response to this. It's a very different kind of way of doing a competition on the radio, and I wasn't even sure if I was going to do it here, but I'm so glad I did. We had no idea, many many conversations over the last years since I started the show about whether or not we would be doing this, and I wasn't one hundred percent it would be a good idea, or whether you'd like the idea or go for it. But thank you so much. What number do we get to? How much I think said they get on the show?
Speaker 5: I think I told you the wrong thing, insaid Stephen Brabery is fifty eight, but that includes Crawford's David Beckham message. So I think we're really got to fifty seven.
Speaker 7: We have to. Yeah, fifty seven is incredible. I thought it'd be great. We've got maybe five or ten or whoever you got on in two weeks to get that many is astonishing, and not just the it's not like the number, it's these amazing conversations that we've had with people in various parts of the world. So I really hope you've enjoyed listening to it. It's been a blast. The hardest thing actually is picking the top five. And I know some of you are going to be a bit upset that maybe a chat that you like didn't make it in there, or the charity that we're talking about. I hope you understand that we need to whittle it down to a top five. Otherwise it's impossible to try and you're not going to spend the weekend listening to all fifty six conversations. So we have made it a top five. We have based it into account just the response we've had every time someone's come on, all the emails, I've had, Facebook comments, views online as well as a kind of top five that was representative that got the biggest reaction from you. And that's why we want to give you the power to pick the winner as well. It's not our vote, it's yours. It's your competition. You made it work, you made it happen, so you'll be picking the winner online Over the weekend, you're going to head to gold one O four to three dot com dot au up for grounds a lot of money. And the good news is although only there are only a top five and could have been a lot bigger, everyone who's come on had a chat with us, whether it's on a voicemail or done it live, has got to tell us about an amazing charity. A lot of the charities I'm sure that a lot of you didn't know existed. That is only a good thing. That's a really good thing. Out to come out of all of this is that we've heard about these charities. Some of them are struggling from funding from the government and from us. As you know, dire donations is tough, isn't it. And some of them have got some airtime which they don't normally get. So there's been good of it. But it can only be a top five.
Speaker 4: This is it?
Speaker 7: Then? You know, last night I was still I was messaging you too. Are you sure about this? What about that person? Is that right? This is the top five, in no particular order of who's calling Christian?
Speaker 3: Who calling Christian? It is our top five.
Speaker 7: James Cordon, how are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Great, do you know what? And also finding Australia, how are you finding them out?
Speaker 4: Have you been there now?
Speaker 7: Have you been there now?
Speaker 17: Questions at the same time.
Speaker 7: What is in James Corden's office? Okay? Because in UK TV they're just little dives, aren't There's a broom cuvered okay? But obviously if you're hosting a nightly, late night show, what is in your office? You've got a coffee machine, You've got a treadmill. What's in their punch bag? Yeah, it's full of gym equipment. It's hard to say you know that gym that the rock travels with it? Like Olivia Newton John, I used to be a super fan of yours in the eighties. I don't want to scape. I used to have your poster on my wall.
Speaker 24: Top of It's lovely. What if he might be interested then that I've got an auction coming up with all my order Don from.
Speaker 7: The comedian Adam Richard has left this question for you, Olivia Newton John, have a listener.
Speaker 14: When was the last time you went roller skating?
Speaker 24: Well, the last time I went rather skating was in Xanadu, so that's thirty years ago or more. And I fell over and cracked my tailbone and had to sit on a donut device during between takes because I wasn't so much pain. So that put the end to.
Speaker 7: Roller skating for me, and a lot of people might want to know, is that donut of ice up for auction? No, Chris tis Worth, can you tell me this? The chaos of the school run is a nightmare. Okay, and you've got three kids as well. It's tough in my mind, all the three kids. They've got the official Marvel for lunch boxes. That's the reality, Chris, what's in the lunch boxes?
Speaker 6: So we sent a fair amount of you know, for t shirts and lunchboxes and so on from Disney. It's all very nice, but none of which you know, is very comfortable to take my ex kids the school wearing. And that many occasion the author even walked out with the plastic hammer and it's just like, nah, I think this is this is probably drawing a little bit too much attention.
Speaker 12: Handed that I don't represent well.
Speaker 7: Kind Tony Hadley from stand up Guy King of the Eighties with bangers like this and of course the best one cold.
Speaker 17: I get after so many TV shows and it's like really no, I think I might pass.
Speaker 7: On that one.
Speaker 17: I've been asked about five times now to do strictly come as answering, and I told him I don't do l like crap. I just don't do it.
Speaker 7: This radio station is called Gold. Can you just give us a quick glast? You are gold?
Speaker 17: You are gold, Gold, always believe in you. I was kind of having that a bit.
Speaker 7: Jamie Dunne and his alter ego Agro.
Speaker 14: I do a radio show in Brisbane.
Speaker 12: That's why I talk so slow, and I don't have listeners that loyal, So I thought, here I am. I'm in the middle of my show up here in Brisbane.
Speaker 7: Met You're on air right now, Jamie.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I just put three songs together, Agro.
Speaker 7: What would you do if you do win? What would you do with twenty thousand dollars?
Speaker 15: I'm gonna give the twenty grand to the children's hospital.
Speaker 11: That's what I'm doing down there.
Speaker 10: I don't know what money's going to do.
Speaker 11: When she wins. What do they win?
Speaker 16: Do they win a holiday or something?
Speaker 7: No, they win twenty thousand dollars to do with whatever they want, Agro.
Speaker 11: Oh, well, on my radio show, you get a photograph of a price.
Speaker 10: If you don't know what lay Bludget.
Speaker 3: Is calling.
Speaker 7: Christians, there you go, then that is the top five in no order. Chris Hemsworth, James Corden, Tony Hadley, Olivia Newton, John and the wild card. We had to put him in number one. Response on email to me was all about Agro back on the radio, not of you didn't know you was stood around, nor do we were stunned. Agro makes it in an of the fact that this is Agro versus Thor and Olivia Newton, John, Tony Hadley and James Corden. That is the top five. You can go online listen to the conversations that we had with him in full. I can also find out about the charities that they are going to be possibly getting the twenty thousand dollars four as well. You vote online, we'll announce a winner Monday eight am, Gold one O four three dot com dot AU. Thank you very much for making this so much fun. I hope you enjoyed listening to it. It has been just about the most fun you can have on a radio show to do something like this. Have a great weekend. Huggy is up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three