Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Noldurn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street. Wretchman, this is the Chris Joan o'condinal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning and welcome to Friday show. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Two minutes past six. So have you well this morning? This morning show. Then, as always, every time I press play, it's a song for you. Nolvin, you're picking music again, only on this show we let you have control of the music for in the next four hours six till ten. Make these brilliant songs. We have loads of songs lined up. However, now we've been doing this a couple of weeks. You went in a little meeting we had yesterday. You were getting ready the Jack sings the Week song. A lot of the songs keep coming up. People are requesting the songs that we we've played before the Friday. On the Friday all request so we want a few surprises. So this morning, if there are any songs you think that white surprise us. I want this every Friday to be like the best songs on the radio. So if there are a few surprises, and actually it's quite hard sometimes when people just ask you your favorite songs. I get asked this all the time on the spot. You know, oh, I need a bit of time. But remember there's a song which is your go to power up song that feels like a Friday song to you that the weekend's coming. Then let us know about it. On this morning show, we've got loads of stuff, the big thing. At seven point thirty, Hamish McLoughlin is back on with a brand new phrase that pays what we're gonna do this morning. There's gonna be a whel that we are gonna pin on and put your names by them. All I want for you this morning this wheel has to be built by seven thirty this morning. I want that will. I think there are about twenty seven or twenty eight slots. I just want a line from a song. A line from a song. That's all I wanted to donate to our wheel off Hamish today. A line from a song. You're gonna imagine him saying that tonight live on TV. Though, So the first one I want to donate to it is thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening. But the weather we've had here is he is he tonight in the Etty had for the bombers going against the swan saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's right. The roof will be shut. So hard to talk about that because you.
Speaker 2: Can't say the roofs shut because actually this week thunderbolts are lightning, very very frightening.
Speaker 3: I might add to the wheel, Yeah, the very next line Galileo, Galileo, Galileo, bigger row.
Speaker 2: What's the line in there as well? The fandango Galileo din.
Speaker 3: Let's do it off here.
Speaker 2: Make sure you add it on exactly how Jack said it with the mumbling and Freddie didn't sing like that. How Rudey's spinning in his Freddie grave right now. So give us a call, then donate a random line from a song. Give us a call nine four one four one o four three. The wheel can land on yours. Listen. You obviously know how I'm going to make this work. When Hamish is on, don't you are.
Speaker 3: You going to fake the wheel again?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Something? You're going to back me up and go It's going to be fairly done. He could be listening right now.
Speaker 3: Well, last time you put me in charge of spidding a wheel, I actually felt like I added some responsibility on this show. And then we spun something up and you said it something completely different.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no no no no no, no no, I'm not going to do it like that. But that's exactly how it's going to be. But I just need you to say when I'm going to nod at you, and I need you to just stop the will on the one that we want it to land on again.
Speaker 3: Jam my fingers in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, So that's on today's show. Jack is going to be singing the week as well. We've got a brand new Friday game to play with you in about half an hour's time. Also Fine Day Fridays back yesterday email. I was going through your emails on the way home after our movie club We're to talk about right, got a great email from one of you called Sarah. She goes, oh, just I've just filled out the form online for Fine Day Friday. Please do not read it out on air. I feel so embarrassed. My husband doesn't know any of this. I don't know what form she's relating to, right, but I don't want to read it on a surname, but we have to find this form. What a great cliffhanger. She wants to retract her application and the whole my husband doesn't know about this. What's Sarah done?
Speaker 3: Well? I love the fact fact that she thought we were doing a whole lot of off air fines as well, like I will do three callers on air, and then obviously we told through and pen another thousands of dollars going through everybody's fins.
Speaker 2: All right, so we got that on this morning show as well. Let's get the first first request up. We have Georgia. Good morning, Good morning Christian, Good morning Georgia. Welcome to the show. How's your weep? Ben? You had a good week?
Speaker 4: Oh well, I haven't been sure of me well, but I'm getting good of now.
Speaker 2: Oh pleased to hear that. What have you had a flu or something?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bronchitis and lois cod that's pretty rough, Pats. I've got a cough at the moment. Paraps gave me some strange cough medicine earlier, and she did right, And I didn't have any label or anything like that, And so I've got that we'd puzzle. I feel pretty good at one.
Speaker 3: I saw the box with that car came in.
Speaker 2: And you should have a shot of it as well. It came like a shot guss. I feel I as a kite right now. I don't even know where I am. Now, all right, listen, what song are we going to kick off this morning show? Georgia? What have you got for us?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wake me up before you go go by?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 2: Awesome song? And why have you gone for this? Well?
Speaker 5: If that doesn't make you just want to get up and it bag on a Friday morning, what does?
Speaker 2: All right? Okay, I'll do that. The remember of the cough medicines. Give me the bus. Have a great weekend thanks to Corn, the Show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Oh sorry, sorry?
Speaker 7: Long have you been doing this?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Something was happening off air that distracted me. I'm telling you now, you're know what I'm blaming.
Speaker 3: The cough medicine. Medicine you give him paths.
Speaker 2: I don't think that was cough medicine over the counter. I don't know what she's brought in this morning? All right. So last night we did our first ever Christians movie club, and this is where every three months we're going to do this and we're going to put a movie on that Jack hasn't seen. The first one. I wanted to go to a classic comedy movie. So it broke out Dumb and Dumber and it was. It was amazing last night. I loved it, and I hope the people that came along loved it. And what was great is the last time I saw Dumb and Dumber in the cinema was when it came out. I've seen it quite a few times since then. Showed it to my kids. They love it. But you're watching it in your front room on a TV screen, selling me back in a cinema with there was a seventy eight people there yesterday and hearing people start to laugh as they know the next line that's coming, and you realize what a truly brilliant, classic comedy movie that is, because every single scene, there's no moment of comedy that is wasted. There are just visual gangs that they quickly refer to. And just seeing it again on the big screen, it was great. Everyone was just laughing and I know I was sitting next to you. You seem to enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I loved it, and it made me think as I was actually driving home, that is there a better genre to watch in a city them are full of people, then a really good comedy, because it just bought it alive. And I don't think you get the same thing even with an action film or something like that. I feel like we always for the movie Clars. Isn't it a great comedy?
Speaker 2: I know because because it was? It was a nice thing being in a room with people all laughing together at the same bit. So I know you'd never seen it, So did you find it funny?
Speaker 3: You would see right next to me, I was laughing about loud so much.
Speaker 2: It was relentless.
Speaker 3: The hit rate was so good, and I think if we just.
Speaker 2: Screamed like a modern In terms of movies that have made me laugh for the last say, five or six years, right, Hangover. Hangover is a great comedy movie, but it's not as relentlessly every single scene funny. Is dumb and dumber?
Speaker 7: Ye, that diary thing gets me every time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do you hear?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What does your daughter say? I heard her ask for the rewind button, which the thought was.
Speaker 9: Awesome, rewind it rewinded. It's like we're not at home in the lounge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids do that something where they try and touch a screen because I think everything these days is I think they do that with my story sometimes they try and touch my face just to move me on during a story. How do we just pass forward to the end. But yeah, we really enjoyed it. The pressure is now. I was thinking of that last night because afterwards there was going this was great. Can we come to the next one? What's the next movie? It needs to be something funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's got to be a great comedy or unintentionally funny.
Speaker 9: I love The Birdcage with Robin Williams. That was one of the funniest movies in a cinema i've seen. Everyone was in hysterics with that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love Robert Williams. So I mean, anyway, missus doubtfire is another flat But have you seen Top Gun?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen Top Gun.
Speaker 2: See that wasn't made as a comedy, but is high comedy. I mean watching that in a room full of people again, I think would get last. Do you think you would laugh at Top Gun? Or you'd actually enjoy it as a movie?
Speaker 9: Pats No as a movie, I think because he was like the quintessential heart throb, wasn't he in?
Speaker 7: What year was it released? Late eighties nineties?
Speaker 2: I would say eighty nine something around them.
Speaker 7: No a movie to me, Okay.
Speaker 2: Give us score this on. Then we're gonna wear in our wheel of hamous McGlaughlin. We're looking for your phrase that pays is. We're going to put the various song lyrics. We just need a line from a song. Give us a call, donat a line from a song nine four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You now have the will, I've got it.
Speaker 3: There's a little problem with it to match in with the station colors. Who's made the wheel has made it black and gold, and I can't ride on the black parts, so we've just lost half the wheel too.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a really nice way to motivate the staff, isn't it, by shame them on air? And who's made the will is a lady called Collette who's working late yesterday.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to say her name, so you've shamed her.
Speaker 2: No, I'm actually defending her. Okay, I want human resources to play this back in court as we get you fired. Collette was just doing a bit best. It's early in the morning, Okay, she's rushing. Sorry that we haven't got our art department that you must have had with Haymish and Andy. You know, we're just trying our best right now, mister Jack, I just don't now we're going to have Do you know what I met your mum and dad yesterday? Lovely people.
Speaker 3: They loved me and you.
Speaker 2: Actually I love meeting them. Lovely people. Okay, and your dad, m I get it, get what I get? I get it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't get it path Worth funny, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you speak to his dad?
Speaker 7: They are the loveliest couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very cool, young looking couple.
Speaker 7: Can I say your mother striking? She is stunning?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And his dad. Did you spend any time chat to his dad?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He's a lovely man, great guy, cultured man. Two things. Within a minute of meeting the guy, you know, bear in mind he's aware, you know of what I do and so of that. He's moaning about my movie choice. He's come along to my free event. He's eating a hot dog that's on me and having a beer and straight Away yet high Christian. What an odd choice of movies. It's not what I would have gone for. Then I say, what kind of movies are you intwo Okay, he's not telling me how he enjoys those adult movies.
Speaker 3: He said, foreign films on SBS.
Speaker 2: He wants to call them foreign movies. I know the movies your dad likes to watch late at night alone at one in the morning on SBS, classics or smut, whatever it's called. You know where. It's just because it's got subtitles. You know, I know why a gentleman might want to watch that alone in the couch. Okay, But yeah, as soon as I loved your dad, but as soon as I met him, I was like, ah, right, okay, I get it now.
Speaker 7: Well into play, all right?
Speaker 2: So the will We've got lots of slots. We're looking for song lyrics, a line from a song to go on him. The reason why we're doing this is this Hamies for Godlin has been doing this game with this the last couple of weeks called the phrase that pays I give him something. He has to go live on TV tonight. So is he calling the game or is he part of the pre entertainment show or was he dancing at halftime?
Speaker 3: He's doing the bids and pieces. Yeah, so he does the pre game, halftime, in the post game and then that you know, almost one am, goodbye to the play.
Speaker 2: Well, as we did last week where I gave him the phrase Gandalf's beard and he did it as sort of like one minute midnight, just before the late night movie that your dad was up waiting for. So we need a new phraser base. And what we're gonna do this week, We're gonna build this wheel and it's a will of song lyrics. We'll spin the wheel and it will randomly land, randomly land on any song lyric and then hamish we'd have to get that in tonight's TV work on Channel seven. At the moment, I've done it the first one, which is Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very frightening from Bohemian Rhapsody.
Speaker 3: Can I change mine? Yeah, because you change who let the Dogs Out?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great one.
Speaker 3: Are they both going on the wheel?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What number you bring it by? Because we got twenty eight spots.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the other thing is like I don't want to throw collect under the bus. Again's who's made the wheel. But she's made each column cover about three or four numbers, so we don't actually have twenty eight options. Now we've got about six.
Speaker 2: I could have been honest. That wheel is a mess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, and I love collect And she did a fantastic job at the cinema night last night at your movie club.
Speaker 2: It looked fantastic, Collett. It's not about being a one hit wonder. You know. It's all very well to do in the movie club. But now you know, the more I think about this, Collete's going to have to go today and take that well with your car. I'm joking, I joking, right, give us a call then lend us your song lyrics nine four one four one four three if you want to give us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Now this is a request. Elvis Costello pumpered up Sue in Benley, this is for you, great song, that's a Friday song. A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to I'm a big Elvis Costello fan and the attraction, so I was lucky enough to interview him. And it's only one of the the third artists where I've brought stuff in to the interview to ask them afterwards if they would sign it. I brought him four of his albums and he did it gladly. Then he noticed in my bag I had a book there, and it was an advanced copy of Bob Dinnan's books came out probably about eight or nine years ago, maybe longer. And he went, oh, is that is that? That's not even out yet. Yeah, and I've been sent an advanced copy by the publishers and he went, ah, oh, I'd love to read that. I'd love to read that. I then said, cashally have that cop if you want. I could probably get another one. Didn't think he'd actually take my book. He goes, could I thank you? He walked out with my book. I didn't think he's actually say, Elvis Costello has got my Bob Dinner book.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you were a greedy boy too, asking for him to sign four records one boy the end.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the lines. Then we're looking for phrases that pays today, we're looking for song lyrics from you totally good morning, good morning, the morning. Sounds like you're walking there getting ready this morning. You're busy. You've got a lot going on, Tony. What's your song lyric for our Wheel of Hamish?
Speaker 4: All I want to do is make love to you from heart?
Speaker 2: Great song line, that's a great one. How the hell does he get that in tonight? I mean, yeah, that's it. That would be him leaving that job if we made do that one away. He can reader that in somehow suddenly.
Speaker 3: All right, Tony, it's going on the wheel.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bill, here you go. Bill, I'm good, Happy Friday, and welcome to the show. What's the song line?
Speaker 4: A push it startled Pepper?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, push it, push it real good?
Speaker 6: Yes, one.
Speaker 2: So I guess if there was a breakdown in play or with the ball, you could go come on essend and push it, push it.
Speaker 6: Real good, exactly like the song though.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, okay, Bill, thank you very much for that. Have you got anymore? Nine four one four one O four three We've got one more? Hey, welcome back to the show. DJ Steve Strange. How are you mate? You got the boss back then? Yes?
Speaker 6: I really wish you would have kept it.
Speaker 2: No, I can't. It was valued at about five thousand dollars. That is yours.
Speaker 6: I've realized it's a secondhand record. Now we've played it thousands of listeners who for proof.
Speaker 2: No, I couldn't take that from you. I hope you well, mate. Anyway, nice to hear from you. What listen to all the songs? You know, what's the lyric you want to donate to our willl.
Speaker 8: Do you have to let it linger?
Speaker 2: Oh? Cranberries? Yeah? Do you have to let it linger? Yeah? How's he going to get that one in? All right, Steve, have a good weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Allie.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: Oh no, not you again, Niko na in whereby what of that one of that bands? The tracks you never hear enough on the radio. You're right, Actually that is a great one, Nicola. That's the kind of songs we want on a Friday. There a few of those surprises. Six p forty two, So you can take this early morning game off. All right, Okay, it's been tough this week for you stealing other radio stations ideas. It is exhausting, you know, listen to all those podcasts, some shows around the world.
Speaker 3: I tell you the games are from a distance look similar, but when you actually look at them up close, you're like, well, this is very two, very distinct and different games.
Speaker 2: So as songs with a connection and your version is different, it's songs with a connection.
Speaker 3: No, everybody else's is current a common theme between songs. Mine is a common word. See.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so different. I'm glad you cleared that up. Anyway, this is how this game works.
Speaker 3: I'm a movie, I'm a movie. I'm the Navy.
Speaker 2: I'm a movie too? What movie? Never?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, you love movies like us, So this is your chance on a Friday to stump the show. We got ten seconds. You call up, you jump on air, you give us a cryptic clue in one line to a movie. We got ten seconds me, Jack and Pats to guess what the movie is. If we don't get it in ten seconds, you win a prize. So, for example, if I was calling in and I went big, Ape goes Crazy, King Kong Bae, All right, what's this movie? How my mom fancies me?
Speaker 3: Oh my mom chances me? Oh Batch in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. All right. Doesn't have to be a clue to the title, just the story of the Movie's as simple as that only in one line, though, try and stump the show. You get ten seconds. If you beat the show, I'll give you a prize. We'll go to lines next nine, four, one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I'm a movie the movie in.
Speaker 2: The movie flor movie too?
Speaker 3: What movie?
Speaker 2: All right, Friday Morning game, this is gonna be. We're gonna do sory Friday with you. As you trying to stump us, We'll give you ten seconds. You come on, are describe a movie in one line? Cryptic clue to what happens in the movie in one line? We get ten seconds. Me Jack and Parts to try and guess what it is. If we don't, let's week tickets to go and see the big new tom Cruise Mission Impossible six out next week, August the second. Let's get Rodney on. It's the first one to ever play. Good morning Rodney, Yeah, good morning guys. What a voice those pipes? Why aren't you on the radio.
Speaker 8: Oh don't know, you got a job.
Speaker 3: What do you use Rodney for something?
Speaker 2: Rodney? What do you do for a living?
Speaker 8: Finance?
Speaker 2: Do you know whatever? Whatever kind of loan you're offering. If I heard a voice like that, I would just sign up on it, whatever the teas and seeds or the interest rates. You know, if Rodney says you should be voicing the adverts for whoever you work.
Speaker 8: For, no, no, no things, I'll do you a deal though.
Speaker 2: Okay. One of Rodney's deals. Okay, Rodney, we're all is what's your movie clue? If you go? Good luck?
Speaker 8: All right? A freak cyclone hits Los Angeles causing water spouts.
Speaker 2: Oh, go straight in with a tough one ten seconds of start causing water sprouts. That's the bit that's got me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'll go. I'll take a guess and go Twister, though I don't think it's Twister.
Speaker 2: No, what is it?
Speaker 8: Sharknado? Oh, be a great film for your movie night.
Speaker 2: Actually, Sharknader would be. Yeah. Okay, listen, we'll give you a pair of my six tickets where I'm Rodney.
Speaker 8: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Have a nice wee can't counting, Hi and I mate off. You go, what's the what's your clue?
Speaker 6: Coach?
Speaker 3: Hangar rage, Air.
Speaker 2: Hang a coat, hangar Raige.
Speaker 7: That's a classic movie, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Might be What do you think of that?
Speaker 9: I'm thinking, you know that, what's that classic movie? Where's no wire hangers?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 2: What? What? What movie? Are no? What is it counting? What is it? What's the movie? What is it?
Speaker 3: Are we going past ten seconds? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Mummy Dearest?
Speaker 3: That's never heard of it.
Speaker 7: Oh no, it's a classic.
Speaker 6: I don't know why it is classic.
Speaker 4: It's one one award no wire hangers?
Speaker 3: What genre movie is Mummy Dearest?
Speaker 4: Mummy Dearest is the story of Joan Crawford.
Speaker 2: Oh right, I'm not seeing it.
Speaker 4: It's like it's fantastic and all the film, but it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you want your tickets. Well done, let's go with Scott. Good morning, Scotty, Good morning there, Yeah, pretty good. Welcome to the show. What's your clue?
Speaker 6: If you go, Leslie coppying?
Speaker 3: Lots of laughs, Leslie hopping, lots of lass?
Speaker 7: Is it naked gun?
Speaker 3: That's what I?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow, jump.
Speaker 3: As well?
Speaker 2: Get come on. That's a great I can give you a pair of tickets anyway, Scott, because that is a really weirdly smart clue. It's the first time I played this game. These are really good. Well, don't Scott have a nice weekend. One final one, Matt, good luck, Hello, Matt, off you go. What's your clue?
Speaker 4: Streets clothes, Pizza boys find another way home.
Speaker 3: Streets closed. Peza boy find another way home. Pizza boy find another one.
Speaker 2: He knows it's counted down in ten seconds. Streets clothes, Pizza boy finder another way home.
Speaker 7: It's got me stumped.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is it?
Speaker 6: Yep, faster Oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, never would have got that. I can't imagine a pizza boy in Fast and the Furious.
Speaker 2: To be the next movie. That's what it's about. Domino's driver. Matt. Well, don't you one? You mentioned a possile six tickets? Okay, thank you, all right, well played everyone. We'll bring it back next Friday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Melbourne. It is seven minutes past six, and no, the other way round is seven minutes past seven Friday morning. I've been on too much cough medicine, the Patsies game, and I don't know what it was. Some kind of under the counter jobby in a just a glass bottle, no label on the front. Okay, So every Friday on the show, we'll let you pick all the music. Hamis mcgolan coming up in thirty minutes time with a brand new phrase that pays. Justine, you get the honors to kick off this hour. Good morning, good morning, Christian high pretty good and what can I play for you this morning? Mate?
Speaker 4: I would love to hear Iris by the googlesoles please.
Speaker 2: And why have you gone for this song?
Speaker 3: Oh? It's a beautiful song and it just reminds me of my feelings for my husband.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful love fung.
Speaker 2: You're getting me. He's setting me off. You're setting me off what you're doing? Really, No, it's nothing. There's nothing wrong with having a big heart. That's fantastic. How many years you've been married? Fifteen? Ah, fantastic. Well, congratulations and enjoy your song together, have a lovely weekend and thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So he is back. Hamish McLaughlin the feature he hates. We love the phrase that pays. It's a wheel of them this morning. We'll have random song lyrics donated by you. We're going to spin it. When Hamish is on at about seven forty five, it will land on a random song. Lyric could be anything. It could be are we human? Are we dancer? Someone says texted that kill us human? It could be anything, and then Hamish has to get it on live TV tonight. That is the deal. It's the phrase that pays. It's a must win situation for him. On the fourth outing after the botched effort last week with a very easy one Gandal speard really easy to get that into live TV. So Hamish back in half an hour's time find a Friday just after eight, And yesterday we had a chat on the show, kind of came out of nowhere with Jack asking Pats about lady business.
Speaker 3: Well, I got in a bit of a sex education yesterday on the show.
Speaker 2: Which is great at thirty.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, I know, I've learned it in high school and actually feel in theory or like looking back on it, I know it sounds stupid that I didn't know that you have a finite amount of eggs for a woman, and even as I say it now so it sounds obvious, But yesterday I didn't know that. I thought you made a new egg every month. But we were chatting during the songs and we had. We came back from a song just before I got to hear the end of the story. But you said you didn't get a vasectomy, and you had a reason why you didn't.
Speaker 2: Get you you spoke to Chris about you're gonna have an.
Speaker 7: A visect to me the snip, no, not really.
Speaker 2: See about two years ago I fought the successfull him. My wife was king for me to get one right, and so much so that one day I opened up something in the post, like a big brochure addressed to me, and I think I haven't order anything, it must be spam. Open up and there's a brochure about for a vasectomy. Cleic on the front of it. To sell it to me was a gray haired old dude with his leg up on the front of a yacht. He's got to do with the said, say to me, that's the future that awaits me. Are you? I've been able to put my leg up on the front of it and just look out to the sea. I think I'm not being gone by this, and I was, genuinely. We had an argument for a couple of months about this, and I was I can say this now, I was actually worried, right that would have an effect on me, like maybe less testosterone, and that it would make me less be wrong, there's annoying so much that it was more. But I was worried that it would make me. My genuine theory was I was worried and this is going stupid, okay, but this is where my head was up because of what I do for a living. I was worried it would have an impact on me, my essence. I was worried it would make me less funny, Pats, I mean you laugh at that. This was the argument, right. So on in one day we're round at some friend's house and we're talking about Sarah starts bringing up asking the guys if you had the snip, and one of them, thank god this guy did this. He goes, oh, no, should never get that done. Thank you, right, And this guy is a very smart, successful man. He works for a big law firm in the UK, and he went no, one the partners did this. And he has never been the same since it happened two years ago. We all talk about it. His earnings are way downs, he's winning less cases. And I'm telling you now it was after he had to snap. And then Sarah goes, oh, got it done, Chris, you can't have it done. I said we could be homeless within two months. A wee getting this time.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Ratings, Plumber, everything and the boss all going in listen, what did he On the fifth of May we had the for sex. Well, since then the show'smen in the gutter.
Speaker 3: The accounts are furious again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet there's people listening right now. They've had the operation and maybe it altered them in some way. I've got no science to back this up, but I've just got a feeling that I think it alters people.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what the our Vett said would happen to our dog at six months when she got sex, that her personality would change. I've never heard it for a human though.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we're all animals, aren't we. I remember taking years ago my old dog who passed away, bless him, Lord Digby. Three years ago. I remember taking him one day. He thought, this is great, We're going for a walk. It was the worst walk he ever went on. He got his he had snip. I remember then picking her up and driving him back and he could barely look me in the eyelight. What do does that to another dude. I mean, who does that? Just takes a friend, you know, it's just a man's best friend, and you get someone to do that to me and then stick this cone in my head. This is the worst day trip ever. Anyway, one of those warning who's had of a set to me? Can you back up my theory or say, look, it's had no difference whatsoever other than the obvious physical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, has a change of personality and especially if you got less funny after it. If you walk in here one day, Pats will look out for it and he's not yourself what happened and making cracking jokes will go ah.
Speaker 2: Snip And then if I go, hey, guys, I've just got a yacht as well, give us got nine one four one four three. Shaney Milbart wants to hear this. He sticks it on every single Friday when he leaves work to drive home. It is his Friday song. It is now ours writ it song, The Clash Rot, the Kaswar and God Won a four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: If you just tuned in, how the hell do I recap what we're doing here? I'm actually asking you. Have you had of a sex to me? Has it changed you? Has it made you less funny? Because that was my fear a couple years ago when my wife is trying to make me have this done. All right, let's go to all let's take some more calls on this, and people have had it done. Brendan, Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, buddy, So you've had to snip?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had done eleven twelve months ago.
Speaker 2: Yep. And how have you found things since?
Speaker 6: It hasn't changed me at all except I've got a stranger to buy.
Speaker 3: Are you still funny? Brendan?
Speaker 2: He's made us love so yeah, you're right, it's worked out fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I haven't lost me humor.
Speaker 2: And my wife.
Speaker 6: My wife still complains the same as she did before.
Speaker 2: So and so any other side effects or no?
Speaker 6: Nothing? All working well?
Speaker 2: And tell me this then, without going to the kind of detail that might put people off. This morning, early in the morning, might be having a sausage or something. Right now, in terms of the actual procedure itself, is it quick painless? You walk in, stagger out whatever it is or carried out?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, walk in I to get knocked out, so I don't really remember that.
Speaker 2: In other ways, it's knocked out that some big heavyweight boxer came out, boosh, Anthony Joshua came out. Put you to sleep.
Speaker 6: Well, it's an option. You can have it done under local or get put under general. So and I didn't really want to sit in the chair and have it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's strange because it's just a little minor procedure, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is, but yeah, nah, I couldn't imagine that.
Speaker 2: No, it is.
Speaker 3: Sorry, is it a bed or a chair? I'm always imagined like you'd lie down in a bed or are you in a chair and in like stirrups?
Speaker 6: Oh well, I presume you lie in the bed.
Speaker 2: I didn't have I think, actually check, you're right. I think you're in stirrups to get access easily to let's just say the undercarriage. You know, if it was a plane, you've got to get up on wheels or so maybe some thing that they carriage. So they they jackie up, they jack you up in the air and walk underneath there. And so they use a soldering iron something like that. All right, there's a guy with a welders mass going under your under the undercarriage. Have we got here mort yes? More, welcome to the show. Have you had of a second?
Speaker 6: Yes, I have a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yep. And how have you found life since the snip? Oh? Much better? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, more spontaneity.
Speaker 2: Was going to say, then with the old beginning of the spot, I thought that was meant to be the other effect.
Speaker 5: Nothing at all, nothing at all, as far as like I didn't get knocked out.
Speaker 4: And they use a little laser?
Speaker 2: Is that what they do next? Listen? You know what us guys are like, Oh, this.
Speaker 6: Is thirty This is like A said, this is a while ago.
Speaker 8: I don't know what they're doing now.
Speaker 2: But don't ever use the phrase little laser. You know us guys you want to buy. It's a massive one. It's like that Hubbub telescope they've got, you know, was a huge one. Eighteen guys had to wheel it in. It's more like a cannon. The more I think about it, when you know, when you say more, you know when you say it was thirty years ago, so obviously technology. Then when you say laser, it fields like that one that in the Bond movies. You know, where Sean Connery's there and they had that and Sean conne goes, you expect me to talk, and he goes, no, I expect you to die, mister bond that laser. That's what they did. More these one with more. That's a great call. Thanks to making this laugh this morning. Have a lovely weekend you too. One last one from Mike. Good morning, Mike, Good morning. Now on whoa if you just had a one this week?
Speaker 4: Yes, I have on a Monday.
Speaker 6: So I was slightly concerned about your comments that I'm going to change.
Speaker 2: I haven't ready helped the for sexti industry with it might make you less funny.
Speaker 6: This mean Christian and I'm going to start going to fourteen year old birthday parties and ordering oysters.
Speaker 2: Mike's funny as well. I was wrong, everyone, I was wrong.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Oh's good in the world. When you're playing horder Notes, you listen to Hordery Notes, Rich Girl on God one of four point three. It's a Christian O'Connell breakfast show that's actually picked by Linda who wanted to hear this morning a bit of holder Notes for you, Christian on a Friday. That is really kind of you to pick that for me. It has cheered me up. However, there is some sad recent breaking news about holder Notes and this show. Some of you have been listening to the last couple of weeks, you may have picked out the fact that I'm a massive Holder Notes fan, and this week, sadly Holder Notes were involved in a very bad piece of radio comedy from Jack. Jack came into work on the show that we were doing the midweek Mixtape and we were going to do an hour of music picked by you along the theme of sound effects in songs Jack, before the go show goes, I know you've got a load of like the thriller Door Opening. I know you've got those ready to given examples. I've got a funny one for you. Don't listen to an off air, hear it on air, but it's a funny one. Use it whenever you want on the show if you want some comedy. Every ten minutes, he kept leaning over when we say I think we'll try this next to go, I don't forget you got that funny thing that I've got for you. Ten to nine, I finally released what I thought was going to be funny, turns out Trade Subscriptions Act. There was nothing amusing about it. Do you want to set up again here?
Speaker 3: Well, we were playing.
Speaker 2: No, you don't need that, just don't do it. I've done all that. Just come straight into the setup with the gang.
Speaker 3: So I would go, hey, Christian, I know you like haull of No, it's a surprise you haven't picked rich girl yet because that rich girl has a sound effect in it, don't you remember's listen.
Speaker 2: Any Pats was laughing, Well, don't do that, all right, So that bad piece of business. For some reason, our social media team here Sophie and Tom, thought it was a good idea to send that to Hauler notes their official social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. And then they've replied their official Twitter feed with the blue tick. Nice. That's what I said. I don't want their contacts with my love for them. They now think that that's they're gonna sit coming the Christian and Conor Breakford show. Think I'm the kind of jerk you get on a breakfast show right that does fart sound effects. I'm not that's you. And they're now aware of it. The only thing they know about the show is that clip with a comedy far in the middle of it.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: You've interviewed a lot of bands and artists never done Darryl and or Oates. Is this your first interaction it's your favorite band?
Speaker 2: Yes, and now you've ruined my whole relationship with them. They're never going to do anything for the show. They're going to go, oh, Connell, I'm not the guy with the comedy sound effects. They like it.
Speaker 3: They said nice No, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, that can be. That can be. It's all about intonation. That could be nice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but then you would put an emoji and rolling eyes emoji on.
Speaker 2: Darryl and Or Hoast would not know that. They don't do emoja.
Speaker 1: They from the Soul The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's time for the phrase that pays. Hams McLaughlin comes on the show. I give him a phrase that pays. He says it live on TV. That's the channel. He has to work it in somehow on live TV last Friday, the phrase that pays Gandalf's beard. He had to do two attempts. First, one complete balls up.
Speaker 10: Here we go play it again, Nick Boston, he's served his week and he's playing good footy, decent, sort of a viednock. Randolf speared from the movies, Jack, but he's certainly growing it out.
Speaker 2: That's good from movies, and.
Speaker 3: Randolph speared from pause movies, so.
Speaker 2: Obviously he's got a lot he's got to. He's a professional custer, he's on the finest in this Country's a brilliant sports commentator and talker, you know, and a writer as well. But he knows a challenge. So he goes for a second time. What time of the show is this, Jack, What did you reckon? But for midnight?
Speaker 3: Just if it's in before midnight, I would be surprised. It feels like a more of a one am thing. The players are leaving walking home, They've had their shower, their post match meeting and everything.
Speaker 11: Nick Boston just heading home.
Speaker 10: Man, it's looking like he's trying to match a Gandalf's beard from Lord of the Rings, playing unbelievable for in a.
Speaker 3: Good football team.
Speaker 2: Chick again. The deal is, you can't mention anything off the back of it. It needs to be out of context. So today I'll try to engineer a game that hopefully will give him a chance for a win. Finally, in this ridiculous game, And we've got a wheel of and it's song lyrics, A line from a song that you've been donating to our wheel of are about to spin it? A couple of examples.
Speaker 3: Jack some more coming through on the text from Jody when a problem comes along, you must whip it. From Alex, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
Speaker 2: Nice Pink Floyd reference.
Speaker 3: And I love this one from Luke the Bare Naked Ladies song Chicken did China the Chinese Chick?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Chicken to China the Chinese Chicken. Oh? Okay, spin the wheel, I mean actually spin spin the wheel? Yeah, go all right, this is a real wheel.
Speaker 3: Spin.
Speaker 2: There are twenty our suggestions from you what Lina, Lina line. Okay, it's right in the middle. The real will decide.
Speaker 3: Lina Liner.
Speaker 2: Oh the system. He's put the boaster nose in between.
Speaker 3: The number I tell you is collect didn't make the wheel? Probably who let the dogs out?
Speaker 2: That was fine, we can't have one of ours. Come on spin again? No, no, no, we can't have one of ours. Was that too easy. You could come off the back of a bulldog's reference.
Speaker 3: Oh it was Alex's one. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
Speaker 2: Well, the will has decided. We're telling Hamish to great news.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Is time to get Hamish mcglauklin back on the show. Good Morning, Hamish, Christian Jacko morning, how are you? We are always the better for catching up with you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is one of my least favorite parts of the week where I get bled to say something that's ridiculous jack O. And that jail chat yesterday went, well, did you decide what you wanted to take into jail?
Speaker 3: I was the one who told Christian that you don't get to pack a pack a box of things that you love to take in with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just wanted to understand that.
Speaker 10: But as I was driving around, I was thinking, what actually would you like to take? And I wife and I were driving around yesterday. I said I'd take you. She said, well, I don't want to go, and then okay, you sort of default to the next level and one of those you know, those things you can give yourself a head message with. Yes, yeah, I mean got a lot of ours just to sort of sit there and message.
Speaker 3: And then you could swap it for cigarettes and other currency in jail.
Speaker 11: Do you want to borrow my head message thing?
Speaker 2: It's a great way to use it as a bas if you want the top bunk. You say to big Barbara up there, I rub your head, you know, were to each other's and stuff like that. You've got a nice little relationship going on there. Exactly make friends in prison. You go up to a wing, you know, go to the biggest and hardest guy. Again, you look a bit tense. Would you like to borrow my head massager?
Speaker 10: The other thing I need to tell you is that the haw of Notes management team just shot med text and Jack.
Speaker 11: I've given them your mobile number.
Speaker 3: Did you like the new version of the song though?
Speaker 11: That was real sort of lowbrow stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you, haymush it is. And you know this is why you come to show. You come because of me and the high brow stuff like the phraser pace exactly exactly, Oh right, are you ready for your phraser pace? Okay, all right, so we spanned the wheel earlier, and lots of different song lyrics on there, some brilliant once, but the one you're going to be going for is from this song, the Great Pink Floyd. So break it down, Jack, You're at the will, Live at the will.
Speaker 3: It was Alex who texted in and he simply wants you to say, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
Speaker 11: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Deadly?
Speaker 3: Sadly?
Speaker 10: Another brick in the wall, Pink Floyd, Roger Waters. I think he must have been drinking heavily when he wrote that. That's got to come out in a broadcast.
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 11: So can I just can I the parameters you keep changing?
Speaker 2: So they've never changed? Can be?
Speaker 3: No body's never been any.
Speaker 2: You've got to work it any use in your expertise and skill and presh there, I say, And you can't then back reference it? Right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 10: So can I just ask you this tonight? I'm hosting pregame, halftime post game. I'm calling Sunday Dogs and port. At one point I think you said who let the dogs out?
Speaker 11: That was going to work?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Too easy, dogs, too easy? Not so easy? But do you want it?
Speaker 10: During the call on Sunday or doesn't matter, just at some point tonight tomorrow's Sunday.
Speaker 2: What do we reckon?
Speaker 3: You know what I like some day of giving him Sunday is because he'll think about it all night tonight and try and get it in. He'll panic, he won't do it, and then he'll give him anxiety over the weekend. He'll have to do that.
Speaker 11: Can I just have the free I'll do it at some point. I'll do it at some point, but please.
Speaker 2: Don't force it on me.
Speaker 10: But so, just so I'm clear, if you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding.
Speaker 3: No, just the second half of that lyric we heard, so the second half of the lyric is, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
Speaker 2: How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat? I reckon it'll be funny, I reckon. That's the easiest one we've given you.
Speaker 3: How would you do that?
Speaker 11: How would that be easy? You've given me flying monkeys? Ooh, missus Miggins, I've made them all very clunky so far. This is easily the clunkiest.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Actually, if you do it right and you rise to the chance is that. I think this is the easiest one. You can easily use it as there's some kind of mangled metaphor and just do it like that. Yeah great.
Speaker 3: I always love hearing how Christian would work it into a post broadcast.
Speaker 2: See yeah, okay, all right, you know just say, look, you know we're heading into the final few rounds and everyone's all got their eyes on the big prize is a case of how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat? Exactly?
Speaker 11: That would be the thing to say into the fine offs.
Speaker 3: I would I think with you, I'd ask you what that meant.
Speaker 11: Yeah, everyone would look at me and think the poor kids drunk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how you just.
Speaker 11: Quickly Saturday night foot Ea, demons crows now the tough road trick? While you watching it?
Speaker 2: Please? I see, well, at the moment, with what's going on back in the UK, I'd either be watching it in the front room alone with me and the dog, or I might be on a plane. So it's between those two at the moment. Why you're often to come round got heads.
Speaker 10: Bob Murphy, captain of the Dogs, has said he has a head message at the launch of his new book tomorrow leather Soul. So there's an open invite if you two would like to go. That's a pub on the north side, So that is an option for you. The other thing, just before I let you go, quick question, jim Ran Khan is said to become Pakistan's new leader prime minister. If the prime minister was going to be a former sportsman in the UK, give me a name, I mean, is it Freddie flint Off, Wayne Rooney, Paul Gascoyne, Vinnie Jones, Eddie the Eagle.
Speaker 11: Who do you think is most likely to take the reins of your country?
Speaker 2: Straightway? Two? I've met and a great guy's right. Flintoff is a legend on and off right, He's an amazing guy, very funny guy. Freddy in charge of a country would be a country you'd want to live in. Okay, it would be it would go to financial room by the end of a week. So or Eddie the Gledwards. But having met Eddie, he his glasses are so thick. If he goes anywhere near the sun, it could it could ruin the country. So I'm going to go with President elect Freddie flints Off. All right, good?
Speaker 11: I did you think either would be aware of what's happening with Brexit, or they'd just be.
Speaker 2: Sort of, well, do you know what, it's such a mess at the moment. They can only make it better to be on. So flints off to the cabinet, Flint off for number ten for me as he.
Speaker 10: Was being inducted, Freddie, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your dinner.
Speaker 2: You've got to practice, you have got there's a stink about this already. This in good luck this weekend, buddy, I know you can do this one.
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 2: Do it all right?
Speaker 1: Jeers were to go the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Everyone a student drumming to this so one of those songs. I can't drum, but I feel like I'm helping boss out with this song somehow, Lido Shuffle Francis brilliant song. Thanks for asking us to play that this morning. It is fourteen minutes past stake. I hope you last morning. Thanks for tuning in to the show. Fourteen minutes past eight on Gold one oh four point three. It is time for this.
Speaker 3: The people are real, the fines are real.
Speaker 10: Now Presiding Judge Christian O'Connell and Jackie, I've heard that.
Speaker 2: It's good. All right, it's time for fine out Friday. We pay your fines, no speeding fines.
Speaker 3: Maybe I can be the guy who brings Judge Judy the notices. You know, he's dressed in it, the warden of the court, the Bay.
Speaker 2: Bayliff or is it No, you're just like a car I think you'd be more like the janitor many cleans up after just Judy has actually done the stuff. You know, you've got to sort of come into the hoover or something. What's this over? What's his off air? Gotta be careful with that almost keyboard and has got smashed in with this cavil. So I was getting into that all right then call us now with your fines Melbourne nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one o four three. Tell us about your fine. We will hear your case in the court and decided whether we grant it, whether or not we're worthy to be paid off by us or not. No speeding fines. Do not waste your phone bill by ringing up with a speeding fine. Okay, and Lameeway's being blocked to why not Lameway has been blocked because someone told me the day what pain ass that is?
Speaker 3: What do you mean like if you park across the lame way?
Speaker 2: Well, you know you've got those those really confusing. There's about four different signs on one sign where it's not the P and it's like seven to seven oh one, then seven O two to four O nine. You know, there's about eighteen different signs out there parking in that little bit the side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, clear way, clear clear way?
Speaker 2: What call like you tell me a clear way? I see a lame way, you know, Yeah, yeah, Well that's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's a lameway during the day and then the clearway and peak hour traffic.
Speaker 2: Why can't I just be one thing? Why would you complicate it?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I have had my car take god.
Speaker 2: Nine one four three. Give us a call, we'll take you.
Speaker 1: Finds next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: If you got one for us nine four one four one O four three. Court is in session.
Speaker 3: The fines are real now.
Speaker 2: Presiding Judge Christian O'Connell and Jack all Right, all rights in court now, Philip call a, Philip, good morning, Hey, yarn, pretty good, pretty good? Okay, needs you put your left hand on the speaker, left speaker and a pledge allegiance to the Britfisher and then we will hear your case if you go listener, Philip, good luck.
Speaker 5: So I was at the job site the other day and we had this guy come around a little white band, and I to start finding everyone for all the little things we're doing wrong about parking an edship at the job site, and I had nowhere else to pass within a k of the job site.
Speaker 3: You a lot of parking in the nature strip.
Speaker 6: Apparently not I do it. The job site was full.
Speaker 3: I park on the ship all the time. Do you, Philip, did you do that park where you go two wheels on the road, two wheels up on the nature strip.
Speaker 5: Or were you fully on all four wheels on the nature trip.
Speaker 2: That might be the problem, yeah, because maybe if you do the two, it's it's almost like you accept that it's not it's not the done thing. It's only half They can't you know, we're really going to fall out about half a camp. You know.
Speaker 5: He kept coming back. He turned back about four or five days in the row, just trying to get us for something.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, and he knows he's going to hit commission with you guys working there. It's easy, Pipkins, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we gave him a tug one day as Kylie and we sort of just ignored him and then book do you.
Speaker 2: Like that one cooling out to you? He wants attention, doesn't he know? He's only.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't come on to the job site.
Speaker 6: But he's depagating.
Speaker 2: I Betty wasn't coming in with near you guys, given the sign, you might give him the sting guy and really escalate things there. Hey, listen, Philip, this sounds pretty bad, pretty unfair. What's the size of the fine? How much we're talking? Four faith? Yeah, I'm broken in new keyboard. I see you know? Okay, Philip, We play that for you, buddy, right, also play very earth. That's why man have a good weekend, Marking Judge, Hey, morning, Mark, what's your what's your fine?
Speaker 4: I gotta find from the council for a dog at large? It was it was actually my parents' dog. We were looking after it and we're building our garage out of the back and the skyped out the one night and yeah, apparently the council. You know, we looked around for it, couldn't find it. A few eye light of the council ring us up and said they had it, and yeah, then we took it back and then we got to find for two hundred and twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is incredible. Right, obviously I've got dog, got the permit. And what I like about this, what I'm surprised about. You're looking after mum and dad stork. This obviously their beloved dog. They love this dog, right, they do the thing, jumps, it escapes, It's like Steve McQueen in The Great Escape. It escapes, is going over right, But then a couple of days go by, You're okay with mom and Dad's dog just being out at large on the run. Somewhere on my.
Speaker 4: Maze that have got so far? It was or three guys away.
Speaker 2: It was on the tram. Got a little dog, mikey card.
Speaker 4: They picked it up in the middle of ancient so yeah it was. And it was only a minuture, little miniature Pomeranian. So yeah, I'm surprised I.
Speaker 2: Got that's a tiny little dog. Then it must have been exhausted.
Speaker 4: It's just it's like a little wet rat.
Speaker 3: Have you started making the missing posters yet?
Speaker 4: Now, I hadn't. I've don't run the straight sort of looking for it because I thought I wouldn't have got that far.
Speaker 2: But I've often thought, well, those dog missing posters, right, I always have a little look because I've got a dog and I'm walking the park. But I always think that actually they need two posters right, one up top I level for humans and one down below at dog level, so my dog can have a looking and go. I saw him the other day. It's just on the corner. I can eat you that. I know where he is. You know that's Dave. That's Dave. He's a good guy. Okay, he's going through some stuff at the moment, or some stuff, all right, Mark, Yes, we'll pay you a fine, okay, two hundred and twenty from Mark pay Jen. Good morning, Good morning, Jen. Let's see Okay, So what's going on, Judge Christian O'Connell. You are amazing. It's a flattery always goes down well in courts. Jen, what's the fine?
Speaker 6: Well, actually it's a bit of a reverse.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of a council morning. But I want to find the council.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, this is an interesting case. Can you can you do this? So how how are you going about this? What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What do you want to find them for?
Speaker 11: Well, i'd drive a cute little mini.
Speaker 4: You're not good in the mini, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's British, it is, yeah, classic British design, been run for years. You think Michael Caine in the Italian Job as well with the cars, were the star of the movie. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, anyway, there's a huge hole in the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my little tire has gone in and blown up and this is stranded.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: This is a nightmare now, these potholes. I mean this obviously really dangerous. But yeah, Knacker's in your car. Yep. So you're and so you're finding the council for the whole yeah, yeah, you know we should do is why don't you Why don't we pay for some cement and then we're going fill in this whole for you so it's not there. You're doing the whole street of service.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've actually I've mixed out. I know the right ratio is for water cement. Now I've done something at my house.
Speaker 2: Rank you hope I hope building sits all around Melbourne are listening in right now? Yah?
Speaker 8: Can we can recycle our glass and put the crash glass into cemi?
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I don't think crushed glass is what you put in, but things that tires are going to go over, we'll get even more problems then. Yeah, don't worry, Street, I've sorted out what's in there broken glass. Well, listen, Jan, what do you need from us? How can we support your case?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: Well, supporting my case would financial support would be wonderful.
Speaker 2: For some more rubber on my tire.
Speaker 6: So I can actually get around to actually get.
Speaker 2: This case happening, right, Okay, So how much for a mini tire these days?
Speaker 8: A mini tires?
Speaker 3: About two hundred bucks?
Speaker 2: She having us on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you can get one change over fully plus the service for one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: How'd you Where did you come up with that number? First of all, you know the ratio for concrete suddenly now one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 3: One fifty halfway now one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: Hundred and fifties and a half way you go two hundred all right, Jan?
Speaker 3: One hundred and twenty for the changeover of the tire and eight dollars for the bag of concrete. The water has to be supplied by you.
Speaker 2: Let's round it up. I tell you what, I will trust you. Let's do one hundred and fifty O.
Speaker 6: K okay for Darling.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three coming up in five minutes time Jack sings the week well format just sing email here about the shows this week? Still love. An email from Jimmy, one of our podcast listeners, catch up with yesterday's show. Christian. Sorry to hear about your news about your mother in law. I'm thinking of you all, feel for your buddy. And I was just on the show yesterday and you're looking for someone to do you a very very big favor and bring your kids back from London to Melbourne. Now, Sandy, I can't help you out, but I've been having a good think about this. What you need? You need someone who has met your kids. Yeah, I do need that. Someone who has done this sort of thing before, gone over to London very quickly and then not spend that much time there and come back. Somebody who is always tired and could do with a very long sleep. Someone who is workshy and will do anything for a skyvof for a few days, someone whose wife is also away, and is it a bit of a loose end, which leads me to one person, Jack, You could also have plenty of time to think about a half decent early morning game on the flight that comes from Jimmy over in Scotland and Edinburgh. Great email. Thank you very much for that, Jimmy. I mean that's I'm not saying it's Jimmy said this.
Speaker 3: I mean I would never leave the show and.
Speaker 2: Any day you're constantly saying to me, how about we finish early? Why do we still have to go till ten am.
Speaker 3: I just wouldn't miss the whole thing.
Speaker 7: You could do it from the plane. We'll hook you up. We can do an obey from the plane.
Speaker 2: It's pretty clear he doesn't want to help.
Speaker 3: It's a simple no from me. Yeah, okay, it's a simple no, thank you, No, thank you.
Speaker 2: Cool. So probably not going to be here Monday or Tuesday because I have probably would have to go and do this. No, come on, well, I cost leave my kids. This is how it works.
Speaker 7: That's what happens when you've got chid.
Speaker 3: What about that guy caught up yesterday, he's going to drink fifty beers on the way over.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, no, bye bye. Kids will be absolutely fine with that. Yeah. Coming up next, then I should just say thank you by the way, yesterday so many people actually emailed me offering to go and do this, people who've never met who're just started to get to know me in the show. And I'm stunned by the kindness. Seriously, over about fifteen people. There were people who've got friends who are traveling in Europe that would go to London and go and bring them over. People that were prepared to go and fly from here and bring them over. And these are people that aren't reliant on me like you, or that I gave a job to like you, or you know, nothing much supportive like you. You know, you know. Isn't that amazing that that what those people are just called kind?
Speaker 3: I guess they have more free time.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Okay, Jackson's the Week Coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What earth is that noise? Are you picking up a signal from like it's supposed to be your guitar?
Speaker 3: It sounds like ham radio? Maybe maybe parents talking to UFOs.
Speaker 2: What is it picking up? Who we got wired up with a mic?
Speaker 3: What is.
Speaker 2: Is this going out? Is it just in our headphone? So what are you? Sorry? But can you are you hearing that strange summary noise? What's happened?
Speaker 7: I think the Russians.
Speaker 2: I've taken a little costs here at the morning, so I don't know. But all we had is we wind up on extra microphone to get into Chat's guitar. Who is this talking right now?
Speaker 3: Aliens about my guitar on the way into the studio. Maybe I've I don't know where it's coming from. I've done something to the pick up and now it's play the guitar.
Speaker 2: It's turned it off now, But what does it sound like?
Speaker 3: What if you turn off Christians mic? Maybe it's his mike. This is so straight.
Speaker 2: Our microphones are on or off, calling engineers.
Speaker 3: It's another radio session. Sometimes it's another radio station.
Speaker 1: Work.
Speaker 7: I reckon play here?
Speaker 3: Well, Brian, you're not going to make me do my song with this alien speaking in the background. If there's ever a time where it soun's.
Speaker 2: Not going to work. It's so strange. I've never heard anything like this in twenty years on radio. Just everything's been working fine for the last three hours.
Speaker 3: It sounds like when you you know what it sounds like when you slide under the water in a bathtub and try and listen. Pats, have you got anything on the side to Mike in there?
Speaker 2: It has like a TV What you got in there?
Speaker 3: I've got no idea walking there with YouTube and she's on YouTube watching UFO stories.
Speaker 2: Yes, no idea? Wow, we goodness, what Pat's been watching?
Speaker 7: I think I've been into that coff Syrup.
Speaker 2: DVDs or something. During the show that what it was? All right? We still get Jack sings the week two minutes trying to work out what was happening. Were web being hacked? Was it another road station?
Speaker 3: No, Pats, sorry to take this week off.
Speaker 2: I had to get my kiss. Thank you? All right? So this every week we get Jack to tell the story of the week according to Jack as Jack sings the week this week, who knows, I don't know. I haven't heard the song. It's an original composition.
Speaker 3: All people have to knows that we were here for Tuesday show yep. And it was the first time my dad tried to listen to us. My dad tried. My dad tried to tune in for the first time since we've been on, but we weren't here for Tuesday shows, so we couldn't here is sun. I expected to get home the next day and ask Dad, did you try again? But he said, sorry, son, I listened to sn.
Speaker 2: So this song is for my dad.
Speaker 3: These are some of the things you missed this week. Pat's paid forty dollars for two hot dogs at Sovereign Hill to cover the cost. Her husband is up there panning for gold. Still. Christian told me about it. Cheese called the bishop's stinky finger. I didn't believe if. Hi man, I've looked it up and Google hasn't heard of it either.
Speaker 2: Sticky Bishop, I've got the finger wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh daddy boy. These are some of the things you missed this week. We had a collar Josh who made a shirt out of tracksuit bottoms. We tried to give him mission impossible tickets, but he said that he did and want them. This morning we spun the wheel but wasn't made as we desired. It was to let who put it together, and Christian asked for her to be fired.
Speaker 2: I was joking. I was joking. Finished a week then, go.
Speaker 3: Oh daddy boy, These are some of the things you missed this week. There's something from Monday show and the investigation is ongoing. I'm trying to get to the bottom of why Christian doesn't like sting. Maybe it's the way he dresses it, maybe it's the way he sings, or maybe there's something deeper, and the story will keep unraveling.
Speaker 2: There's no story. You've made this up.
Speaker 3: Oh daddy boy, thanks for trying trying to tune in. Oh daddy boy, I don't know why Christian don't.
Speaker 2: Last I said, you're making up fake facts. Everyone, Well done, Jack sings the week. Well done there thanks to the remix at the beginning by Pats.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, that's awful cough. At the moment Pats has given me some moonshine that she swears his cough medicine. I've had two shots this what cough medicine turns up with a shot glass. I've down two of them. I feel a little bit whacked out, but the cough's still here all right? Then, last out of the show. You're picking all the music still between now and ten o'clock and Gold one A four point three. We've got a here he kicks off this last hour Jim, good morning, pretty good Jim. I hope you had a good week, are you well? Oh? Yeah, along all right, Jimmy. And what can we play for you? What's the Friday song for you? Mate?
Speaker 6: Top mcgrange.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is a fantastic song, Jimmy, Thanks to colling the show. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Jim.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago we would do and have you got a famous cousin?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, someone rang up and his third cousin was Yeah.
Speaker 2: We do a thing called late to the party where if you're catching up with an old podcast or you want to email the show about something you heard, whenever you can still, can we bring it back? Christian sending you good vibe slash prayers to take your pick, depending on what you believe him. Thank you for keeping it wide open with regards to your mother. And ah, that's right, kind thank you a bit late to the party, but you were looking for famous relatives. My second cousin is Hollywood actor Greg Knear.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's a huge one.
Speaker 2: Good actor too, funny guy and many Once when I was on holiday in the USA, he was shooting You've Got Mail, and I got to meet Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan as well. It's actually pretty cool. Meg and Tom were cool. This comes from Benjamin Downing Bachelor of or one of these guys. He's put down his degree at the end of an email. You know, they let you let you know all the qualifications. Have you got any formal qualifications?
Speaker 3: By the way, what Yes, I have a film diploma, a diploma, yes, you know, you know I went to Film and Television schools tertiary education.
Speaker 2: You've got a diploma so it's not a degree. But you've got to play. I went to TAFE, so I don't want to fish shamed.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that you've done really well. You must be like one of their alumni. But they're like a poster boy for you could come to TAFE and you could end up, you know, like Jack.
Speaker 3: The man who knows so much about movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly circus on my friend Benjamin at the Queensland University of Technology and he's got a Bachelor of Law Honors, graduate entry degree.
Speaker 3: And second cousin to Greg Kenel See.
Speaker 2: If you ever got an email for the show, we love to get them. As Christian at god one four three dot com dot au the team have mad him. As when I said to me yesterday we've been offered a whole load of cheeses, I said, great, don't bring it in until after the show. Bring it in during the show. We will lose Jack. And already the eyes have gone to the cheese. We have lost you. And it's like a dog. If you bring food for the dog, the dog that the house could be burning down, the dog's only going to see the tray of ham, Jack Dog.
Speaker 3: I promise to leave them in their packaging until ten am. Sir.
Speaker 2: It's not that it's not about you eating them. It's about you just staring at them and losing the focus, which you've actually been doing about the last ten minutes during those songs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Now that's a request November rain Guns and Roses. I love that song. It's a big, epic song. You know, the music video over like a billion views on YouTube. You've seen the music video.
Speaker 3: I have it's got slash outside of church and he's like.
Speaker 2: The middle of nowhere, middle of nowhere as a church. And you'll still got watched the video. Please this weekend you'll go down a YouTube wormhole of a lot of those eighties and nineties videos where they made very lot of sense, all the big guitar solo, you know, he said, got the helicopter sweeping shots. But it's a church. There's a wedding going on, but there are no cars there. It always concerns me how do they get there? Are they ben't picked up? Where they're just dropped off? But it's in the mid of the desert.
Speaker 3: It's before Ober as well, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So, but there's no arrangements of car parking. I don't know why slashes there outside.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing video. Yeah, but over a billion shoes. But great suggestion for Brad in Seaford. Now, in all seriousness, I don't know what you've got planned this weekend. I do need a smaller favor from you. All right.
Speaker 3: Well I've already said thank you, but no thank you to going all the way over to Lenin.
Speaker 2: To pick up your girls and bring them back totally understand that one. I need to buy a bed this weekend, don't know where to go, and I need some help putting it together. Can you do that? And I've got the if you I thought you've got the ute, so we can buy the bed and then you can help me build it. What do you like at do you know? And you're doing this rent at the moment because I need some tools as well. You know they've told you earlier in the show. I know how to mix concrete. If you don't need that on the best, you're right, unless you really want it permanently, like on the note, it's a rental, so I don't want it sort of cemented into the floor. When Sarah finally comes back. You know you still we're in that spare bed. Don't worry. I've got one and Jack and I've actually cemented it into the rental floor. So yeah, we're going to get that deposit back.
Speaker 3: Well, don't worry about it. I'll bring over a few tools. I'll be able to help you out. It's not a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And when we go to even get a bed, beds are Us Is that a place? Have you just created a still?
Speaker 3: Beds are Us real? Yeah? I think Beds are Us is real. Also snooze fantastic furniture, probably Adriatic furniture, camar.
Speaker 2: Right, So what we're going to do. You know, some guys at the weekend like to go on a pub crawl, you know, taking a cuple different ones. We're going to go on a bed crawl.
Speaker 3: So did you give up on gum Tree beds?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I told you no. One don't get a secondhand mattress. It's weird.
Speaker 2: You're quite right. It's a mattress that's got a story that doesn't need to be heard. You know, I really don't want it, just it's someone else's energy and goodness. And also a lot of them. I kept seeing this phrase at Kep saying please be where there are stays. I'm out. I don't know, and I don't believe that's coffee on there either. As well.
Speaker 3: If we find a bed frame on gum Tree, we could pick that up and go and get your fresh mattress from Mattresses are Us.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so you're prepared to do that, all right, Well we listen. You can help me make the bed.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, that's the last song for us this week. Thank you very much for all the requests. The ten k ne repeat work day still could go today, so Huggy is coming up next on Gold one at four point three. Thank you very much everyone who's not just listened to the show this week but actually supported me on the show this week as well. It's been incredible. I never know Jack and I would all about last night or for our cinema club having a couple of beers and it's saying it is like nothing we've ever experienced in our time in radio. You obviously you know a big show with Hamish Nandy who just knows what you must have experienced there been on that show twenty years in Breakfast Ready and in the UK. For me this week, the support you've given me with my wife back at a bedside of a critically still critically or Mum and my kids over there as well, and the support that this city has showing me has been humbling. It's been incredible, especially when I've only been here seven weeks. It's been amazing. So thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And Mae, thanks for the team as well, because You've been a strong leader for us this week, even under hard time. So thank you for what you've done. And as a congratulations, I've got you a board of cheeses which we said we were going to eat during the show yesterday, but we didn't get a chance. So the board of cheeses is yours.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. It's odd because I also got obviously now I realized a separate email yesterday from a company who said they heard us talking about cheeses from the market and they were going to send them in to us.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is the same.
Speaker 2: You do an emotional speech for showing made the mistake of thinking that was genuine, and you're giving back to me the cheeses that have been sent into me. Plus it's all the box that had mine name on them. Anyway, you're taking someone else's gift and trying to make out in a desperate week up this So this has come from you, okay? I or a sad way to end the show, Toms, Today's show is prison massuse. We might be back Monday. Have a top weekend.
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 2: Check out Hamish mclochin this weekend and his phrase that pays, which is this.
Speaker 3: You can't have any heaven. You're having it looking if you don't.
Speaker 2: Hear me, that's the phrase. It pays this weekend for Hamish mclochchin, Thanks for who have everything.
Speaker 1: This week The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three